Speaker 1: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the Man.
Speaker 3: Hero.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it. Let's talk about the Man Hero.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Man, Welcome back to the mail room with doctor Jesse Mills. I am Doctor Jesse Mills, and I am staring in the handsome brown eyes of Jordan run Top, my man on the street, my man in the studio. I gotta be honest, I'm a little nervous about this episode today, Jordan. I just think, you know, I don't get nervous very often, as you know, but I don't know if this episode is going to measure up.
Speaker 2: To what we normally do there it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm afraid that we are going to talk about something that I think is nearer and dear, potentially tragic to a lot of guys. And so obviously we're going to do it in our normal way of demystifying what out there, trying to make guys feel pretty good about what's going on in their lives. And what we're talking about is is penis size Today? Yeah, we're going to do a whole episode on what's up with the penis? And you know, I don't know this triggered because when we had our guest on a little bit ago, Jordan Ritter Khan one of the one of the guys in that book American Men, which please guys go out. You know, it's a secondary plug, but it is. It truly is a phenomenal book. But a guy named Gideon, who was the West Point graduate, really it, you know, resonated with a lot of guys, I'm sure, because he was fixated on comparing his penis to the other lovers that his both wife and again a little bit later in the book girlfriend and then future wife had and it just you know, he was fixated on it. Yet he had a very greater than two standard deviations, larger penis than average, and so he had really nothing to worry about, which means basically that we all have either something to worry about mentally but not physiologically. So that's the long intro to what we're doing today, which is it's all about the penis.
Speaker 2: Jordan, what's that man?
Speaker 1: Not too much, But I'm glad you mentioned that book American Man, because it's incredibly powerful and that whole section with Gideon was really what got me thinking about doing this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so the American Well, actually we'll just say, the penis in general is, boy, it's it's there's a lot of history here we're going to go into. There's a lot of perceptions we're going to go into, and then there's a lot of my own personal bias in terms of what I see in the clinic on a daily basis, the history being you know, I mean, think about Michelangelo's David, right, this specimen of a man. But you know, I think most of us we'll look at those pecks and tries and delts on that statue and not so much as penis, which is you know, pretty flaccid and pretty pretty average looking. And it's really the penis has gone through multiple phases really almost a lot like obesity and well, I should say body habitus has gone through phases like there were times in history when smaller penises were associated with better social status, better brains, and a large penis was considered you know, animalistic and almost disgusting.
Speaker 2: And not desirable.
Speaker 3: And so you know, boy, that is not twenty twenty six or even nineteen ninety six, and so so what happened with all of that? And we're going to talk about that a little bit about my own thoughts, but the history of it is truly fascinating, and that that guys forever have wanted to measure their penis to everybody around them, either in the locker room or on the battlefield or anywhere else. And it used to be, as I was saying, good good penises were kind of what we would consider very average, too small these days, and large penises were considered a lot more I don't know, be steal and we'll we'll leave it there.
Speaker 1: I'm really fascinated by that because you look through the ages and you see the changing beauty standards, and there was that time when being pale was considered more beautiful than being tan, because it meant you could afford to be indoors and not out in the fields working as a laborer. So the cultural history of beauty standards is really fascinating. But I think back through the years and I just remember seeing these ceremonial statues that were very ancient and were meant to represent fertility, and they were all very large. So I always assumed it was pretty consistent through the years that to be blunt, bigger was better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, yeah, I mean, you know, big penis small brain. I think was for a long time, and we had to try to correlate, but it really really doesn't. So I don't know where do you think this is all coming from. I guess you're sort of surprised that I even made that historical nod that, in fact, it wasn't always cool to have be packing something below the belt there. But I think it's pornography. I really do. I mean, I think when you see a guy an adult in obviously he's an athlete of sorts, he's an actor, and he often is incredibly well endowed, greater than the standard deviations, which we'll get into, and I think if that's our benchmark for the average guy, especially for kids, and i'd say kids that really start their introduction to porn on our phones is you know, nine years old, ten years old, sometimes earlier, and so then you think, okay, well that's what I'm going to grow into someday. And I think we have to figure out how to stop that dialogue. And I don't know, we don't do this in professional athletics, right, I mean, when you look at a professional football game, you're not thinking, man, I got to go out and throw darts like Tom Brady or some of the greats and basketball.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's you can really appreciate the athleticism and the fact that that person is a gifted athlete. So maybe if we apply that in mentality to what we're watching in adult entertainment, it is great.
Speaker 2: But also would I would take the athletic.
Speaker 3: Thing a little bit further this metaphor if you will, And I promise I'm not going where you might think I'm going with this next comparison, But let's talk about three of the all time NBA greats, Steph Curry, Lebron, James Shaquille O'Neil. Steph Curry is about six', two, Right lebron is six' nine, six' ten and chack is over. Seven feet tall they're. All time greats they have, completely, different sizes right they're, one's you, know my height and one is and one is a FOOT taller. Than i am and yet they're all professional athletes and they're all. Fantastic at it so before you Think of, what I'm thinking what i'm actually trying to say.
Speaker 2: Is that that all of these guys.
Speaker 3: Are amazing performers which means that penises of all sizes can. Also, be, amazing performers right they all get the job done with the body they've been given and they know how. To, work it, so you know let's talk about penises in. THAT same context i have.
Speaker 1: A, question for you what year did you, begin PRACTICING urology because i imagine that would correlate to roughly when pornography became extremely widely Available. On THE internet and i was curious if you notice a change in men's preoccupation with size from the beginning of your practice.
Speaker 3: Until, more recently, yeah you know we're going to talk about another thing in pornography that that drives me crazy as a as a physician that specializes in this in terms, of unreasonable standards and that is. An EJACULATORY endurance, and i know the, PENIS size thing i think has been has always been around in terms of people, thinking that, they you know they need, to be bigger and, THE surveys, go i mean the, answers your question, by the way is about two thousand and ONE is when i, Got into urology, AND you're right i mean that's sort of when internet porn started to. Really take off so maybe maybe it's just A fact that i've grown up professionally in a time when when access to visuals of large penises. Has BEEN prevalent but i think that the real issue is that these standards have been there really not that long that people have have had this this, what is it almost fixation, with penis size and yet they really don't know what. They're dealing with and so if you look at a lot of surveys and what we've what we've found is that, the you know the average penis, size fully erect is. About FIVE inches and i think if you, ask most, men in fact people have done this and they think average penis size should be about six, to seven inches and then large it would be. Greater than, eight and so, first of all then we already have an unfair standard of where we know scientifically that a fully erect penis is really not as big as most people think. It should be and the other crazy thing is that eighty percent of guys are not satisfied with the size of their penis according. To some studies some studies say it's not, quite that high but there are a lot of guys out, there, that like, MAN you know I wish that i had this, had more girth more linked and we'll talk about you know some of the ways that guys can get in trouble chasing that, ideal body metric and also some of the ways that, guys you know might be able.
Speaker 2: To do, it but.
Speaker 3: Truly there's only a pathology when a guy's penis is well under that five inch standard of what we look, at as scientifically we say that a guy that has a small penis has two and a half standard deviations below, that five inches which kind of means that anybody with an erect penis less than three inches definitely has. Potentially, a problem now why do we need, To, Label, that jordan, WELL you know i think it's only because if a guy does have what is sometimes referred to as a micro penis or, a small penis that there actually are things we can do. For THOSE men and i definitely don't want that to for guys to suffer in silence if in fact there may be, something to do and.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about.
Speaker 3: That as, well in fact actually i'll just get into IT now because i was just.
Speaker 2: Thinking about this not. THAT long ago i had a guy in my.
Speaker 3: Clinic who is in, HIS mid twenties i think it was, about twenty five and he came to me because he actually had problems with his testicle, not fully descending which is also you know what. We just had we Just Had on brad snyder who talked about his battle with his pediatrician on. His undescended testicle this guy had had some issues with smaller than average testicle and then also actually never really fully. Developed in puberty and he came to my office really mostly from a testicular concern and that's why his doctor sent, him to me but also on his physical examine obviously in, talking to him he truly had. A micro penis his penis was very much the size of, a neonatal size and he was twenty, five years old and he was. Also super tall and so if somebody out listening, fits that description you really need to find a urologist and probably an endocrinoledge to help take. Care of that because this guy. Had delayed puberty he never actually fully, went through puberty and it was because he lacked the precursor hormones in the brain in the pituitary gland to actually stimulate him to.
Speaker 2: Go through puberty so can you.
Speaker 3: Imagine at twenty five walking around at six 't two a, full grown man, no facial hair high voice still and then below the belt no, adult secondary characteristics and so those are. Not at, uncommon but somehow even in this, day and age he made it all the way to twenty five without somebody really. Working this up, and you know it came from a farming Community, in central california really not great, access to care and it probably had at, sometimes some, poor you, know documentation status and, so you know he was ACTUALLY working when, i saw him had a job and was getting at least state, covered health insurance and so he'd kind of done all the right things from a governmental standpoint to finally come in.
Speaker 2: And see me the.
Speaker 3: Cool thing about it is that that that guy actually just through some pretty, EASY blood work i figured out the problem and was able to cause him to go through puberty even as a twenty five or twenty six year old, at that point and then he grew to a normal penis size and he started developing. Secondary sexual characteristics and that's not like a crazy. Medical miracle story those guys are out there and there's a few reasons for why we have. That delayed puberty so that was. Kind of cool and so that is why if you truly have. A micro penis you really need, to, get help right because there are things. We can do it's very rare that we can't find something to stimulate some kind of pubertial growth or. Pen out growth and the, younger you are the more. Successful it is.
Speaker 1: That's incredibly fascinating i've never heard a.
Speaker 2: Case.
Speaker 3: Like, that wow yeah That's something, called calman syndrome which we talk about all the time, in pediatric endochronology and it's just basically where your pituitary gland doesn't really develop the hormones or the anatomy to actually start all. Signaling the testicles all we have to do is put that guy in replacement hormones to start stimulating testicular and. Pen out growth so that's kind. Of a win but again. That's micro penis so those are the guys that truly have very. Very, small penises now how important do you think penis size is?
Speaker 2: The, SEXUAL function well i was just going.
Speaker 1: To ask you that at what point is it more for the guy's self esteem rather than any kind of sexual function or pleasure for the person in.
Speaker 3: The receiving end the, answer is, yes OF course because i. Set you up, but the yeah but really both in same sex as well. As heterosexual, relationships you know we can, do so much and we'll start on the heterosexual, side of, things but really the majority of women do not climax.
Speaker 2: Through penetrative intercourse usually it's.
Speaker 3: Through clteral stimulations so only about twenty percent of women actually have vaginal derived. Or penetrative orgasms and, so you know it's really not not what you do, with your penis but it's what you do. With everything else and it's kind of the entire inclusive aspect.
Speaker 2: Of what a.
Speaker 3: Sexual experience is and even in same sex couples there is a little bit, of that too where depending on how men engage with sex with other men will depend on whether penis size. Is that important and the truth is is that most, of the time even, in those, relationships you know they figure out. Ways around, it and again it's so rare that that guys truly have incredibly small penises that it makes a. Lick, of DIFFERENCE anyway maybe i shouldn't say, Look a, difference so anyway we'll just let. That one drop so the answer is, that it's okay.
Speaker 2: You can laugh. It's, on radio, there you go.
Speaker 3: Don't, mute yourself no, BUT seriously, THOUGH i mean i think that we do have to kind of get rid. Of this thought and again going back to our Previous, guest and gideon, AND they thought i mean, this, is real right that this. Is penal dysmorphism just, like YOU know if i only did a few, more bench presses my chest, Would BE bigger if i only did a, few more curls my biceps.
Speaker 2: Would get BIGGER what can i do to?
Speaker 3: Enhance PENAL size and i think that's that's really going to be what is we think and to change how we engage with the medical community as well as these sort of quasi or, ersatz medical community because there have been pills out for generations that that purport to, improve penole size and there.
Speaker 2: Have been techniques have you everard? Something called jolking does that sound familiar in any? Of your?
Speaker 3: Feeds, sounds dangerous yeah as a joking j. E lqi ng it's probably. A scrabble word.
Speaker 2: I don't know you have to.
Speaker 3: Look it up it'd be. A good one, IF it isn't i don't. Have a u It is a arabic term. And it does it dates back probably five, hundred plus years and it's essentially a systematic way that guys can manually stretch their penis with quite a, bit of force and it's something they do almost like physical therapy, for the penis where they start. At the base there's a lot, of different Ways and actual i'm not going to teach people how, to do it because THE last thing i want you to take, from this Podcast kind and fairy listener Is to say mills taught me. How TO jolke because i am not going to teach you. HOW to joke i don't even want you to look it up other than to know, that it's interesting an interesting practice in certain communities that has widespread availability with the advent, of the internet and it actually can be. KIND of, dangerous i mean there are guys that try to increase their penis eyes, just by stretching and just, like you know, there are. ATHLETES professional athletes i remember meeting a couple of professional wide receivers, in my career, and those guys even, when they're teenagers will start pulling on their fingers like really, hard every day thinking they're going to kind of stretch the growth plates and grow bigger fingers so they can catch.
Speaker 2: The FOOTBALL better and.
Speaker 3: I don't know i Mean the guys i've met In the, hands I've shook and i've got, pretty big hands those guys can envelop my entire. Hand with theirs and so maybe there's something to this idea of longitudinal traction can improve the growth of certain.
Speaker 2: Organs and fingers.
Speaker 3: And so there are all these devices that are either vacuum erection devices traction devices that can maybe stretch. That flaccid length the real problem with joking or penile traction not only can they be dangerous of. Not used, APPROPRIATELY in fact i just had a guy the other day in the emergence.
Speaker 2: Room who joked himself into.
Speaker 3: A penile fracture and remember all the five p's, of the pinocalypse that was, one of them a penile fracture where he actually tore the membrane that keeps his erections intact and needed surgery in order to fix that injury that he caused himself through aggressive stretching. Of his Penis pen attraction i've just been, around FOR decades actually i should say. A thousand, years i mean there are weights that people would hang on their penis way back in the day to help improve the. For the length, in those cultures that thought that penile length and was as associated, with THE virbility which, i already, said you know was kind, of culturally dependent and so attraction is just a more modern. Version of that and we use traction to treat a Medical condition, called perrone's disease which is that curvature of the penis to help kind of. Splint it straight and if you do it in a medically indicated way for a finite, amount of time usually no more, than thirty minutes then it can be a safe adjunct to some of the things we do to help. Improve penal curvature but if you go rogue with it and leave that traction, device on, overnight for example it can, cause nerve, injuries stretch injuries and so again.
Speaker 2: Not really recommended it also never really.
Speaker 3: Been studied on label or studied with a good a good randomized trial that it does do anything to really. Improve penut length and THE other problem i have with is it just kind of a simple geometric problem is that you have a flaccid cylinder that if you increase the length, of the cylinder then you're going to not, Change the volume you're going to. Decrease the circumference and so certainly we see that with traction devices that you're not if you're going to get, a longer penis then you're going to get a. Less girthy penis and if you ask most, recipients of, penises if anything it's the girth that makes more of a difference in terms of filling the orifice that one is penetrated in the length and especially in penis. And vagina, intercourse you know the average vaginal canal is between three and five, inches at most and so if you're trying to stuff eight inches of stretch penis into a, four inch canal there's a lot that's going to be left on the table or at least. In the SHEETS and so i think, from that, perspective you know girth might be a bigger deal which is going to go us right. Into okay miles so you're saying that there's no good way to link them a penis, short of surgery and even surgery will get into the. Problem with, that but again what we're talking about is not how do you increase. The erect penis there is actually no way to increase. Erect penile size there's only a way to increase flacid penl size OR give what i call a, locker room penis meaning that you can look pretty good walking around, the locker room if that's what you're, trying to impress but really not, a sexual partner because, nothing we do either penile fillers which, we'll talk about or even implants that can, expand the girth really do anything to. Increase penl length so let that sit. For a second so there's nothing you can do to increase. Erect penile length that's. A fixed structure and why? Is that so anatomically the penis is made up of really three structures, too symmetric structures and that's called. The corporate cavernoso those, the erectile bodies and then the third structure is called, the corpus spongiosum and that's what the urethrae or our p. Tube goes through and so most of the surgery is most of, the the fillers most of the. Things we do you can only really adjust the length of the corporate cavernosa or the appearance of length and girth of. The corporate cavernosa but that urethral. LENGTH is, fixed i mean we haven't figured out a way to expand the errethral size so you're always going to be. Limited BY that and i think THAT'S the key takeo message is that, whatever you're doing if you're unsatisfied with the size of your penis that whatever you, do to it EITHER if, it's fda approved which there are some things out, there that are and it's done by A board, certified eurologic surgeon you're still going to.
Speaker 2: Just increase girth so.
Speaker 1: Those pitches about, pumps and creams that's. ALL snake, oil i.
Speaker 3: Mean pumps will increase the penis while is in a pump because you're drawing.
Speaker 2: Blood into it so you're taking a flaccid penis and.
Speaker 3: Making it engorged, and so right any permanent length gained from that is in fact full of hot air. Or, hot, Blood yeah exactly so myth not.
Speaker 4: Going, To work.
Speaker 3: Okay so let's talk about some of the things. We, talked about joking what? About the fillers what do you know? About penal fillers is that A Thing?
Speaker 2: IN new york i have not heard of this actually outside of. Discussions.
Speaker 3: With, YOU yeah, yeah i mean so there are ways that we can improve the girth, of the penis and it's the same material that we inject into our faces to improve the fat distribution. As we age so what we put, in our cheeks what we put. In our lips it's some kind of hyaluronic acid or collagen based injection that can. Increase the girth and there's a few different, Brands out there and The only thing i'll say about that is that it does increase the girth of your. Penis, pretty dramatically mean you can see before, and after pictures and if a guy's worried about how skinny, this penis is then you can get hop. Full of filler and if you're doing it with A board certified eurologic surgeon that really understands the anatomy and understands, the SURGICAL complications then i got. Nothing against, IT you know i know colleagues, that do it and for, the right candidate they seem to have a. Very good practice so you're not gonna hear me, crap on that because. Actually it works fillers. Work very, expensive you know it's thousands and thousands of dollars in, like any filler whether it's, in the, face the lips, or the butt it does, dissolve over time and so the dissolution rate depends on what kind they use as well as. How it's applied but you know you're in for it if you're, trying to, say for example keep up appearances and you're single and you meet the love of your life and your chruck, full of filler and you don't want to tell that person that your. Truck full offiller they're gonna have to keep up with that for the rest. Of your life and so just something, to think about on the order of thousands of dollars annually to. Keep it going, but it, works you know it's truly you can get a much. Fuller girthier penis so on the scale OF things that i would say are not myth, and that work penile filler. Is up there it's become almost. Standard of care certainly at our national meetings there have been pretty good level when abstracts put out. That it works SO that's, all i SAY and as i don't, in my practice, don't do IT but again i don't discourage people from going. Somewhere THAT does and i think that that may give somebody at least a little bit more of that self confidence they can kind, of you know pack their speedo a. Little bit more but again it doesn't do anything to improve, your rectile length, so you. Know buyer beware there's an implant have you ever. Heard of there it used to. Be called panuma now it's. Called the hymnplant but there is also a surgical implant that can be placed through a small incision at the base of the penis and then inserted kind of on top of, the corporate cavernoso so it doesn't go within, the erectile body so again it doesn't do anything to, change the erection but it's more of. A permanent filler and if you can imagine an inverted, hard taco shell that's kind of what, it looks like because what you're trying to do is encase the penis in just a symmetric appearing cylindrical object that actually then this is where you can increase the penile length. With this implant and why is that because part of this is that it's often combined with what's called the. Suspensary ligament release and the penis has three ligaments that control it's scaffolding to the body so that it becomes a much more functional organ during erection. And penetrative intercourse and there's two suspensary ligaments and then a weaker one in the center called the fund, to form ligament and it attaches, the penis too mostly the pubic bone and some of the fascia above that what we call the. Periostumi the pubis and if you want to put in one of, these permanent implants you got to, cut those ligaments which then drops down the penis and it pulls it out. Of the pelvis and if we go back to our, penile anatomy episodes we know that the penis is maybe thirty to forty percent of it is actually, a pelvic organ and it goes all the way. The erectile bodies the penile architecture goes all the way back to the bones THAT you and i are both sitting. On right now and so whatever the distance, between your pubis which is that front pubic bone and your issual tuberosities was what, we're sitting on that is the. Internal penile length and if you, cut those ligaments you're going to pull out a little bit of that internal penou length and make a really nice looking. Locker room, penis but again it's a. Locker room penis and a Lot of guys i've come to with complications other than the things that you would really the dreaded complications, of nerve injury loss, of, erectile function. Infection overwhelming infection i've, seen them all but the majority OF guys that i don't see probably have had reasonable outcomes and they got what, they paid for which, is a, longer girthier penis but again has no, bearing on function and a lot of guys if they don't understand that going, into the surgery are going to be disappointed, when in, fact if anything they have a less functional penis because it's not as stable as it was before they had. Those ligaments released so you gotta figure out what's more important to you to have a better functioning penis or a.
Speaker 2: Better Looking penis and i'm not. Here to judge, as you know this is a.
Speaker 3: Judgment free zone there, are no rainy sad days, in the mailroom but there are only days of providing a little bit of intellectual background to what's out there.
Speaker 2: In THE zeitgeist.
Speaker 1: Now i have a, question FOR you and i know we touched on this a long time ago in one of our earliest episodes with The Sex therapist Doctor Natalie, Find GOOD goldberg but i want to ask you about the overlap between penis sized anxiety and a, rectile LESS function because i imagine one.
Speaker 3: Feeds, THE other yeah i mean IT all, DOES i mean i think you, know an, AVERSION you, know i mean there's the big problem is is if a man who is subconscious about his penis size.
Speaker 2: And often, it.
Speaker 3: You know we talk about pornography and blaming that, because you know if you see some guy with the giant penis when you're, ten years old it imprints on you probably in a pretty. Pretty dramatic, way and actually the more concerning thing for me is is the is not, only the concept but the reality. Of Penis shaming and i've seen a number of guys that have been self conscious, about their penis and again they come to me for other Things because again i'm not a. Penal enhancement surgeon I'm a functional, IN other words i do all kinds of surgeries to help improve the functional, outcomes of penis from curvature, to penal implants all kinds of stuff that can make a. Guy work better but these guys have, been penis shamed and they've had partners either, male or female that have compared them, to former, lovers and boy that doesn't take much to deflate your ego if the person you're with is very fixated, on penal size and that can be really damaging to our. Egos as guys, if, we, think oh well now she's with me or, he's with me and before they had some Giant and now i'm me who's perfectly well within standard deviations like the majority. Of men, are then yeah that can mess. With your brain and then that also can have a serious effect on a rectile function because if you have any, degree of anxiety as we've talked about in a, few different episodes anxiety and shame can drive guys to not be able to have good blood float of the penis when. They're sexually aroused and instead of, having a beautiful, well parasympathetic event which is what, an erection is where your sympathetic nervous system has, gone to sleep, parasympathetic blood flows, blood vessels.
Speaker 2: Dilate you get.
Speaker 3: This great erection and if, you're, ANXIOUS that man i remember the last time that, we had sex my, partner, was like eh you know and all that that that. Just wrecks us and THAT'S something that i think rather than seeking out as your first as your first call seeking, out penal enhancement you really Want to seek god, our sexual therapist because they have fantastic ways of able to deal, with that rejection. Which IS real and i cannot emphasize That enough that i've had been in my, office in, tears you know because of the size, of their penis because it's it's been shamed and as We Know through american men, again another plug read that book because if you see the story arc of what somebody with, a perfectly normal in fact somewhat larger penis went through to the end where he's able to make light of the Old, self of hey YOU know, what I am, who I am and i got a Great penis and i'm ready. To use it that's what a therapist can do before you go under the knife or under the syringe and get your penis all. Chalk full, fulfillers so yeah they're, Very. Tied, together jordan.
Speaker 1: Now, for this show we. Have two slogans one is let's, talk, about it yeah and the other is that it's a show for men and people who.
Speaker 2: Love those men.
Speaker 1: This question kind of brings those.
Speaker 2: Two slogans together.
Speaker 1: What's the most compassionate way a. Partner can respond if a man opens up, About, this, sinsecurity.
Speaker 3: Yeah boy that that is a question better. For A therapist but i do think it's really the idea of. Any sexual encounter if we're talking about the penis as, a SEXUAL organ then i think it all comes. Back to communication and even if, somebody says it says shares, With their partner i'm insecure about the size. Of My penis maybe i've been with somebody before. That shame me then having that communication about what we're going to do with my penis and the sexual organs of the person that we're going to have in, a, relationship, with, meaning hey look YOU know what i actually, maybe You know if i'm having penis, and vagina sex that person may have may be averse to, A large penis it may be. Painful for them we haven't even talked about dis peruni or. A painful intercourse we're in that saying, you, KNOW what look i actually don't have orgasms through. Penal penetration, anyway then boy that's a great way to. Have A communication so i think it is a, way of saying you know, what this is this is not even something we have to work through this is just part of, who we are and we're going to have great sex and we're going to get on. With OUR lives and i think that would be the best outcome if, a person, though you know and we have to respect everybody, on THIS show and i think if, a, person says look is this is really important to me to be with somebody that has a large penis and, that's not, you then yeah you got you gotta. Cut and run you know that that's just not going, to work out and that always is going to have. That SHAME factor but, i think, that, you know again based on a lot of surveys and, pretty good data not, just anecdotes online that doesn't.
Speaker 2: Happen that often it.
Speaker 3: Just really doesn't but if it does happened to that person and they, can't overcome, THAT then yeah i think it is time to find another relationship where it'll be more.
Speaker 2: Welcome and, opening but.
Speaker 3: YEAH you know i mean that brings us into the other thing we always talk about is you're probably going, To BE okay and i think the take home from this whole episode is that the majority guys are probably going to be okay and that they just need to find partner or partners that are welcome and accommodating and figuring out ways to have great intercourse and not be so fixated. On, penal size now the other person that still could be okay is somebody that has a micro penis where there may be treatments and usually they're hormonal, and not surgical that can develop a perfectly normal penis that just may not have. Been explored YET and so i think the bottom line for any of this is there are providers out there. That can help there are a sex therapists that can talk about the shame factor of penile size and penal dysmorphism where they're not happy with either the shape or the size. Of their penis there are urologists that can help with penl enhancement that in fact is the right. Thing for you then find somebody that. Specializes IN that and i can't. Emphasize that enough is there are a lot of med spas and there's a lot of people out there that are doing pen al filler that can really get. Guys In trouble and i've seen absolute nightmares in my emergency room and guys that, went other places, sometimes other countries sometimes, in this country but never to a board certified fellowship train neurologists THAT specializes. In pnl surgery i've yet to see those complications, because you know we're going to take care of our own complications and they're going, TO you know i hope my colleagues out there are doing these surgeries.
Speaker 2: And these procedures they're going to.
Speaker 3: Be very upfront and give people a really good idea of what penl fillers can. And can't do and so the last, KIND of people i think are going to be dealing with the endocrinology of this too and making sure the hormones are optimized and that we can in fact help men that may have a true pathologically small penis. Or micro, penis so yeah there's help out there for. All of this but the most important thing is you're going, to be okay but don't. Suffer IN silence and i think that's the call to action from this entire reason, we did this just that it just resonated so, much with ME even though i deal with this on a daily basis. IN my clinic i think because it is something that is often, not brought up that guys will. Suffer in silence and there's a lot of guys out there LISTENING now that i think need to have that degree of assurance that, they're not alone that. They're probably, okay in fact they're probably. Better than okay but, if they're not then let's let's.
Speaker 2: Talk.
Speaker 1: ABOUT it absolutely i feel like one of the important aspects of this episode. Is expectations setting like you said, at the beginning we have these unrealistic, expectations from, media SPECIFICALLY pornography and i think it's helpful for, men to hear as you say so often, on the show, you're, probably.
Speaker 3: Okay YEAH yeah and i will say also THAT the concern i have is a, pen ale surgeon is that there are men that do get. Rejected BY physicians and i can think of dozens of guys over my career who have come to, me, THAT said doc i swear my penis, is getting smaller and, the docs like doesn't happen once, you're you know once you go through beuty and your adult your penis, doesn't get smaller so don't. Worry about it and two things that can happen to a penis, as we age. Well maybe three one is we can get fatter and our exposed penole length can go down and that's that's. Not just cosmetic but if you develop a lot of what we call, pre pubic fat where we distribute a lot of fat over, our pubic bone then the penis can actually regress a little bit and the exposed penole length. Can go down so could be weight loss, in your future could be maybe even sometimes there are guys that even if they lose, all the weight they still carry a lot of fat in front of. Their pubic bone and there are plastic surgery procedures that are very effective at getting that, fat pad down, even potentially liposuction and that will expose the more of your.
Speaker 2: Exposed penile length so let's.
Speaker 3: Talk about that second is that if you don't use, your penis frequently then it can develop atrophy. Smooth muscle atrophy it's called use it. Or lose it it's a muscle. Like anything else and if you're not frequently engaging in some kind of a rectile, activity of these then you can get a little bit of corporal fibrosis corporal regression where the stretched penal.
Speaker 2: Length goes down so penol.
Speaker 3: Atrophy not cool, and last AGAIN something that i that you know we're going to get into deep, in this podcast because this is a big PART of. What i do Is something, called perrone's disease where you develop scarring. In the penis people Mostly think of perni's as a plaque or scar formation that causes a curvature or a change in the cylindrical shape, of the penis which is one. Hundred Percent true but i've seen guys over the years that have just penile length loss as A result of proni's. And NO curvature but i can, feel a plaque and usually it's guys that have two plaques that, they're actually counteropposing one in what we call the septum and one, on the dorsum or two basically plaques that that they're not getting a curvature because one is going to pull one way and one's pulling, the other way and they provide this little push pull so that you don't. Get a curve but both of those plaques are squishing in the normal spongey elastic tissue of the penis. And causing, shortening so yeah there's another form of pathology. In penal, length so yeah and it goes back to you're probably, gonna be okay but get evaluated and don't take no for an answer if you are there, and, you say look IT'S not ABOUT p. And l shaming nobody's ever told me my, penis IS abnormal but i Have noticed that. I've lost length tell me, What's, going on doc find somebody that actually will, take that seriously, treat you seriously and then.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. Figure, it, OUT.
Speaker 1: Well sir i think you delivered on the, mail room.
Speaker 2: Today, MY friends. YEAH i know i, was gonna say what do you do to what do you do to be?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: EVERY day, DOCTOR i said, i.
Speaker 3: Do, THIS man no i think, this was, important you know as we started it just it's, so out there so much, is out there so many things, you can buy so many things, you shouldn't buy so many things you can DO that that i think we kind of DID everything that i wanted to talk about to just get get the message out there that you're gonna, be okay man and, if you're not we're going.
Speaker 2: To. Fix it.
Speaker 3: Boom thanks everybody this has been a important and somewhat entertaining and somewhat fun discussion on all.
Speaker 2: Things penis size and we'll talk to. You next time let's.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk About the maro let's.
Speaker 1: Talk about it let's talk.
Speaker 2: About the maro let's. Talk about it let's. Talk about It.
Speaker 1: The Mail Room With doctor jesse mills was A. Production of iHeartRadio it was Executive Produced. By jordan runtog, it, was edited mixed And Mastered, by beheid fraser and the theme was Provided. By long transit if you like, what you heard please subscribe and. Leave a review for more Podcasts, from iHeart radio Check out, The iHeartRadio, app apple podcasts or wherever you listen to.
Speaker 2: Your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: This program is intended for educational and. Informational purposes only it is not a substitute for, professional, medical advice. Diagnosis or treatment consult your healthcare provider for any medical or other related. Questions or concerns the views and discussions aired on this podcast are Those of doctor mills and do not represent the OFFICIAL positions OF Ucla or ucla health