Speaker 1: Welcome to Decisions Decisions. I don't think you should say decision Decisions. It sounded like you was talking to Kirsty.
Speaker 2: You definitely say to welcome, Welcome to the new podcast.
Speaker 1: You want to say together, Decisions Decisions.
Speaker 3: You're joining us for a live taping of the Decisions Decisions podcast, and we are really excited to talk about not only the film, but be joined by Keiky keep a job, Palmer, Hey, you what to beg a dumb sheep?
Speaker 4: And the director Lawrence Lamont. We're we're really excited. We had can I also just say, this is our.
Speaker 2: Second time watching this film, and it was even funny the second time.
Speaker 1: So fetching all the things. Let me tell you, y'all, since I saw this movie once, I hope you know a part I would looking at the second time on this big screen.
Speaker 3: Worse than this.
Speaker 2: Oh like it won't be that big. The boxers and the princes and with the part and if we're going to talk about anything here in the winter men, stay away from them, Grace wetpants. That is the first trap for the Winso, okay, body in this theater do have something like that?
Speaker 1: You have a home in my house?
Speaker 4: Uh, don't do that. Don't do that. But we are really excited.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk a little bit, a little bit about.
Speaker 4: One of them days again with Kiki and Lawrence. And first we're gonna go ahead and get Kiki out of here. Right, let's do y'all want to.
Speaker 2: Give it up for Kiki Boma, y'all, she was a part of our childhood, you know, for miss Kiky Palmer. Do you dad.
Speaker 4: Are do you what?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 1: Just the actor in this movie? Producer to you did that?
Speaker 4: She said, I got all the jobs.
Speaker 2: She she wrote it, she did castle, she picked everything out here you y'all, you know, really excited to talk to you about this film and everything about it.
Speaker 1: But also I'm really glad too to be joined by the director. That's right, without hearing a dude, we got to bring him.
Speaker 4: Out representing the d y'all. We got bo.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna put y'all on to him if y'all don't know, because y'all know him. Y'all just don't know y'all know him, Okay.
Speaker 6: All right, So we gotta start with this press tour because first when I saw the trailer, I was like, oh, shake.
Speaker 1: You know, like that sister too.
Speaker 2: It was just more and more Cat Williams, Lorell like Dominique, Janelle for real Janelle, having all these people. How's press been for y'all? Like, who have you been on tour with?
Speaker 1: So far?
Speaker 5: I feel like it's just really getting started. It's been mostly me Issa Sizza. That's been the main thing. But I'm really ready to see Kat out there too.
Speaker 7: He gotta show this weekend.
Speaker 2: First off, it is the first week of twenty f twenty five.
Speaker 4: Kat Williams. Were he a year ago?
Speaker 1: Because We're gonna be in here all.
Speaker 5: Night and I'm gonna listen in the true Virgo fashion, he gonna tell you what's going on.
Speaker 7: Ye how was it?
Speaker 4: I wasn't working with him?
Speaker 2: Was there any Was there anyone that you guys were actually excited to work with in this film?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean everybody.
Speaker 8: I mean, working working with Kat was awesome though, you know, I mean he's he was Kat Williams. One time he came to my trailer his first day, like hello, mister director, Cat Williams reporting for duty, and then he was in character the whole time.
Speaker 7: For sure. It just a pro, you know, and really brought it. For sure.
Speaker 1: This is your first feature?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: It is? Yep? What was it like?
Speaker 2: I don't even know if com up?
Speaker 4: Give it up.
Speaker 6: I've been wanting to ask you this question respectfully because Keiki, we've seen her for so many years directing Susan next to Keiki, were their moments in her first feature and with yours where you were like, oh, Kibuta, be like, oh that's wrong.
Speaker 8: No, actually no, because you know, having somebody like Kecky Palmer who can elevate scenes no matter first time actor, twenty times actor that gave me so much confidence, and knowing that Scissa can really bring it, and also Scissor to me is Alyssa in real life, so we kind of leaned into a lot of her personal attributes which made her performance so wrong.
Speaker 4: So y'all may not know.
Speaker 2: Lawrence also directed Rap Shit with Isa, and so give it up for rap Shit? So did that help prepare you to deal with two leading ladies as the stars?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And I was raised by women too, so I was already Yeah, it definitely helped me.
Speaker 7: It's rap shit, was you know? I missed that show? It was.
Speaker 8: It was a fun time, but it definitely prepared me to, you know, really get it going.
Speaker 7: But they're pros. I mean, it made it really easy for me.
Speaker 1: Sissa was so impressed as to me, were y'all not wild?
Speaker 2: Yes? Seriously she was, even though to me she was the villain. But what Alyssa, Kiki? I got a question for you real quick. You read the script right, so mind you. We also just talked about you've been a spelling beach champ. You've been in a sci fi film. I've been pimping these girls out. I can't keep up.
Speaker 4: That's a d cut, you know what I mean. No, that's the one.
Speaker 2: So when you saw this script, I do want to know if you lean towards like, were you able to kind of lean towards the character you wanted? Did you go with Drew first, did you go with Alyssa? Did you view Alyssa as the billing like this could never be?
Speaker 5: You know? In my mind, it's like I love both of those characters, So I mean, there is a universe where I will why I could be Alyssa, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, I love that character.
Speaker 5: There's so much nuance to it because really she's just they both are the same person, but they're dealing with it differently. They've been a hard situation trying to figure out how to make it out. My character, Drew is very type A. Alyssa's like I gotta go with the flocalus. This shit crazy and I need to say it too, you know.
Speaker 4: So it's like.
Speaker 5: They deal with their trans tribulations different ways, but that's why of their best friends.
Speaker 4: And so I love both of the characters.
Speaker 5: But I ended up being like, okay, Drew, especially because when we've seen my chemistry with Sissy, just like, okay, yeah, she's Alyssa for y'all friends.
Speaker 1: Before it felt very like y'all were working together for years.
Speaker 4: I don't know why we had that chemistry like that.
Speaker 5: It was just from the jump, Like when I met her on S and L it was very quick because we both She was preparing for performing, I was preparing for the sketches and stuff. But then when we did the first chemistry read I mean, Lawrence, you know, it was like did y'all know for ten years? Like did y'all rehearse before y'all got into this first chemistry?
Speaker 7: No, it really was.
Speaker 8: And even when the cameras cut, it was like, man, we should still be rolling because they did the best friend.
Speaker 7: Energy just carried over.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think we really just like each other, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I remember when we did the I went and hung out with her before we did the big chemistry test for the for the you know studio and everything.
Speaker 4: Y'all got drunk and we wasn't her well, she did get me high, and I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, it is just a strong So we we was in her trailer while she was getting ready to perform for the Grammys, and I was just like, we can do this movie together because we was in there talk first of all tiger lore, okay, we was always getting into some tea, oh not the gospel, just living and I was like, okay, you know what, we can do this movie in twenty days if it's me and her.
Speaker 4: So wait, that is the truth. That's the two. Y'all filmed this movie in.
Speaker 8: Three weeks, really really twenty two and a half days.
Speaker 2: Now, what is the average time in y'all's experienced, like thirty five forty days?
Speaker 7: I fifty sixty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I say it depends on the budget, depends on what's happening. I mean, I just I did a movie before it was four months and we at all this time. Sometimes they don't get you a lot of time. It's just like the nature of the business. So this one they said twenty two days, and we all loved it. Yeah he strapped on still we do.
Speaker 8: At first it was twenty days, and then some circumstances happened. We end up losing a day because we were shooting the Jungles and they.
Speaker 5: Told us to get up out o no, no, no, no, no build on that.
Speaker 4: Did they really?
Speaker 8: I mean it was that they was like, yoall, I mean we were good, right, we had well, well, did.
Speaker 2: Y'all see whatever about it?
Speaker 8: It was two instances actually, So one instance we were shooting on on Crenshaw.
Speaker 7: And don't get me wrong, I've shot.
Speaker 8: A lot of stuff in LA and the hoods andels in the hoods about this country. And I know we gotta pay the ambassadors.
Speaker 7: That's important.
Speaker 8: And we did pay some people, but they didn't know that we paid them until the next day.
Speaker 4: Check a clear sim little gulls came out. They're like, you need to get a pot.
Speaker 8: Yeah he's thirteen, but he's yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Not. The Waller boys was checking and they gotta like check in when you come to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they banged on us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well we like to do like hypotheticals, right, And since we're talking about money, I would like to know if y'all had more of a budget, more time, is there a scene that you envisioned that you would have liked to like put into that or maybe another factor to come in.
Speaker 8: And like, you know, you know what, I really feel like we capture lightning in a bottle.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: I think our circumstances is why the film has become what it it is. Sure, if we have more time, I would have loved to get more coverage and do more stuff and get more takes and scenes. But I think it was something about the pressure of twenty twenty one days with them racing the clock to make Rent that kind of intertwined and made made it.
Speaker 4: It was Lawrence, you two media trained for me.
Speaker 2: So now, because men can make money quicker than women, I feel like I want to throw it out there, if you had fifteen hundred dollars to make in one day, what you would do as a man, I would like to know.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't even know. I'm probably gonna ask family for friends. Y'all heard the wrong thing.
Speaker 6: I like, Lawrence, can I tell you what our podcast used to be going. It used to be called horrible Decisions.
Speaker 7: Okay, so give.
Speaker 4: Us your horrible decision.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not doing no horrible decisions.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, God, honestly, I'm gonna let y'all know right now. I told you once. I'm gonna tell you again. It's these feats. They're going up online. The feet. I'm going up online.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be mashing potatoes, mashing hot dogs, whatever needs to be done.
Speaker 6: But you know what's crazy, Actually was getting ready for that. I'm like to when you put on that ring, I say, the feet coming out. I'm so Actually it was earlier.
Speaker 8: It was an earlier draft where it was where they they met the old hooker, old hooker and she, uh.
Speaker 7: She tried to help them make the money, but they still didn't work.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I'm so mad that we need the y'all shot. Did y'all shoot that at all?
Speaker 4: It was one of the scripts.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my mind went straight to amateur night, asking someone you get on the phone.
Speaker 8: But by six o'clock, though, you know, you know what I'm saying about six right to the club. They didn't know the day before. Yeah, and then strip clubs. Drew was sleepy the whole time, you know.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now, speaking of strip club I always was saying that would be my alternative job, Like I'm gonna be a bad stripper, but I'm fun, you know, like when you have a bad waitress that you're like, but she's sweet.
Speaker 4: It's the talkers.
Speaker 6: So if you had an alternate job, because you've been an actress for so long, what would you be good at?
Speaker 4: I mean, I definitely think I would be I mean I'm good at doing hair.
Speaker 5: I would really lay your hair out, bust down, period, Like I would give you a good ass, but I could give you some braids.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna talk with you because I love to get into the teat So what did Tan, Dude? What happened with Tyson? You go with Blass?
Speaker 5: I'm here for that because hairstylists are therapists but also creatives, and I feel like, you.
Speaker 2: Know that's what actress are. You know, you suck people into conversation. I was every time oh no, all of y'all say something, My mind is going somewhere else.
Speaker 6: I was on a vacation with Kiki in Mexico. I don't know if you remember this. Of course, this girl started talking to you about a problem she had.
Speaker 1: We all outside, like, what's Kiki doing?
Speaker 7: She was like that.
Speaker 4: Go here right now? Like that you really jump into therapy?
Speaker 5: Mo?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 5: Because just like in the thing, I'm a ride or die. Okay, if you going through a trouble, let's get into it. Do we need to pull up on them?
Speaker 4: What I'm gonna play? I'm not wrong?
Speaker 2: What would be the thing about Drew that most relates to you as a person?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, that scene with Drew in there talking to you know, doing her interview. That makes me think about me in the industry all day long. I'm a host, I'm an actress, I'm a singer, I'm a dance So what you.
Speaker 4: Need, what you got? What I can own a company, Give me a chance. Just give me a chance just for the community.
Speaker 5: That's me to a tea like just trying to make any corporate America. You know what I'm saying, Like whatever your skill set is for me was entertainment and you know obviously that has its own bubble, but really it's an industry. So all my life I've a required so many different skills to maintain and be able to figure out how to make my life, my family life is better. So for me that scene what drew up in there being like I can do all the things, just give me a chance.
Speaker 2: Well, we like to react, and we do want to react to the themes in this movie because a lot of y'all was laughing, a lot of y'all was like who when the guy came out the room, y'all was like man. When sisl lost money'all was like man. The emotions I felt dearing this entire room watching the movie was vast. So I do want to know what boundaries that both of you have made with friendships, because I don't think Drew had any with Alissa, honestly, because when we.
Speaker 6: Got to see in the first ten minutes Amanda moved in your house, it really made us sit there and say, what do you say?
Speaker 5: No, I mean, if we're talking about living with people, go your man is living here, because if that's the point that you should go live with him period. So we're not doing all that, but you could need a home.
Speaker 6: When you got a homeless though, tell me have you had any situations with friends that kind of reminded you like a listen, like a little bit delusional or using delusion crystals.
Speaker 5: Either of you, I mean all of the buff Yeah, and I've been the person too, Like you know what I mean. I feel like I've gotten into crazy situations, and I feel like that's the funny thing, right, Like, depending on which combination of bestie you're with at the time, you could be Drew or Lissla. Like I've been Drew before, but then I've also been a listen to it. I'm like, sorry, boo, you know like them both. What about you, Lawrence? Yeah, I think you said.
Speaker 4: Your type A. You're not doing the crystals the manifestation, but you do that.
Speaker 8: But I do journal with a plan. I got a plan from the glasses. Yeah, I really do. I really do, you know. But I definitely feel like I'm more Drew. But I grew up around at all. You know, my mom was Drew and Alyssa a little more a listener. So that's one of the ways I found my way into this movie. But I'm definitely Drew. I'm not about to be given.
Speaker 6: Y'all are both type A. Susan kind of gives a listen in real life? Tell us about a time on set something we didn't see that was just super memorable. All of you together and even characters we haven't.
Speaker 7: Seen got a moment.
Speaker 8: I mean, we were shooting the pay day scene, which was one of the most fun scenes. Is fun on the screen, but I just remember how funny it was. It was a scene where the script we didn't know how if it will play because they sitting down.
Speaker 7: It's not that with physical comedy. They just back and forth.
Speaker 8: The first couple of takes, though, I remember saying, cut, I'm going in and give some those directions and stuff her and Sissa on the ground, laughing like it's we got tears in our eyes, they kicking their feet of laughing. So it was a lot of little moments like that. But that's something I definitely remember. I think it translates on screen.
Speaker 1: You know the woman, can I get her name? Curb your enthusiasm?
Speaker 7: Yes, she's a curse.
Speaker 2: So good that Can I ask you if any of that coming from from Curb was any of that improvised? A lot of it, A lot of that, Yeah, for sure, she killed that. Now I do want y'all to know because this is the decisions decisions for eight years, I have let everyone know that I do not like blood.
Speaker 4: Oh we loved you know, James hate.
Speaker 2: Blood, right, and so if you're watching a comedy, you don't think you're gonna go like this, y'all.
Speaker 4: I covered my eyes for I was like, I was like, now.
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 4: That was a choice?
Speaker 2: It was was that scene always written out like I have a few questions for that scene was ridiculous.
Speaker 5: It was when I tell you that we were shooting that because it was so much that you have to do it with the special effects and getting the shot and getting the set up and everybody gotta get that close up.
Speaker 4: It was just so much.
Speaker 5: But I remember when they got to finally doing the blood, we just started dumping blood.
Speaker 4: It was correct that one dude was like.
Speaker 7: That white and we only had one take to do.
Speaker 4: How many takes did y'all do with that? Like how many times did you clean the rooms?
Speaker 7: We would have time.
Speaker 8: Over, So we just rehearsed it like crazy and just hyper planning to have three cameras roll over.
Speaker 5: Somehow sisters still looks sexy that she was like like.
Speaker 4: We still get the money that electrocution.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, to here, now tell me this for people that have never seen a movie being made or really don't understand. Even you said twenty days, I'm like, that sounds too fast, But then you say forty for a scene like that being at a special fast how many hours are you doing that?
Speaker 7: I mean that was the whole day.
Speaker 4: That was so we had to do it quick. But I think a lot of KI said, I know the time, A lot of first a lot of movies would do with that scene, that one scene for two or three days.
Speaker 5: Yes, so that's like to be like, okay, we really getting all our time that a scene like that could take two or three days. We did it in like yeah, it was like twenty four hours. It was like the whole day. Why the whole day twenty four hours? Well, honestly, that same was because we shot that whole sequence that that was a lot that bad.
Speaker 7: So we did that scene probably with in like four hours.
Speaker 6: So in twenty days, you had to have your hair out like that, and the whole time you had your hair no.
Speaker 4: So that was a wig, thank god, dang right, that was a good wig.
Speaker 2: Another films filmed in twenty days without them wigs. Girl, that wave was cute.
Speaker 6: I got another question. So I saw maud alpat right, and we know her mom and what I mean like her family.
Speaker 2: Man, seeing so many big celebrities like that is that favorite.
Speaker 1: Y'all got to call in, how is this? How does this work?
Speaker 2: Let's start son, We got Keith, we got sizzor whin.
Speaker 7: That's all they said.
Speaker 4: They said, Kiki in.
Speaker 7: And everybody came honestly.
Speaker 8: Honestly though, I mean, you know, was Key and I kind of got attached around the same time. And I think that was you know what the strikes happening in Hollywood being so slow, the paid the script felt so good for people that people wanted to join it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: I think having Keiky's scissor and EASA's attachment up top really helped us get everybody else and once they wade the script, and you know, I feel like we Taylor made these characters for who blazed them. They just they locked in and and and fit into our world, and.
Speaker 5: That people want to do it for the family, for the community, like let's talk together and make something that we can enjoys.
Speaker 1: Life is crazy crazy.
Speaker 4: You know, let's try to joy. Yeah, let's try to find some laughs down. I'm we were dying.
Speaker 6: I actually wanted to ask you, since there were so many laughs, did you have any fears about a scene that wouldn't play like since you've been watching it in theaters and getting to see it with people, what scene when you hear people dying laughing surprises you?
Speaker 8: To be honest, I know I mentioned to Payday scene, but I'm gonna say the pay Day scene because on the page on the script it was funny, but it wasn't like that much action going on.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite. That was my favorite scene. My friends were laughing the hardest just now to that scene.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So it was like it was kind of like, are we are people going to read this they sitting down?
Speaker 7: It's not so much. Are we slowing the film down with just so many questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: But I think that's that's probably mine for sure.
Speaker 4: Every time this scene gets to laugh.
Speaker 5: First of all, I think it's really sweet how people laugh with her Maniac Yeah, romance. But I think the one that it makes me laugh that people laugh at it.
Speaker 7: Is Grand Rising.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Grand Rising, I saw you laughing.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. Yes.
Speaker 5: First of all, let me just tell you the world is so small. So the guy that plays maniac. His name is Patrick. His father come from a small town. When I tell you a small time, it's called Robins is outside of the city. It's in a little Illinois, really really poor child. Make a long story short. Patrick's daddy and my mama went to high school together. What's so crazy?
Speaker 4: How that happened? And we love interested in this movie? Like, I just think that's so crazy. How could that be?
Speaker 1: You gonna end up here?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, I do want to know that since he.
Speaker 8: Was fed with he didn't know that he was gonna say that when she's when she jumps.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was the real thing.
Speaker 5: So at the end he told they had when he says to me, like it's crazy and I'm like, what.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, I brought you. I just you dragged you out this burning building. And he still he didn't know. So her reaction is real that you were.
Speaker 2: Just blushing in real life? Yes, you know, I like a short king. See wait was he short with Kiki? Did you have any did you have any say in the casting of the Eye Candy for this film?
Speaker 5: Yes, but I mean we it was really I would say you guys did a great job casting they you know, putting everybody together. So, I mean it was kind of like I'm a part of the process, but I trusted him as a director to did everyone line up in gray boys shorts? Or like, Oh my gosh, that is too much. I mean, I guess we can't ask about it like was all we wanted? Wasn't it like an extension that was not that d percent shut? Now that's not necessariously straight up, that's one hundred percent rail.
Speaker 4: I swear everything, y'all. I'm not lying. That's one hundred percent what you saw My grandfollowers about to show up. They said, I got a.
Speaker 1: Home for you.
Speaker 2: I do want to make sure we get to talking about the music as well, because anytime watching any production with Lisa, she has the soundtracks, and I think we've missed out on the era of soundtracks with this and this provided a good one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were dancing a little too much in this audience. I feel like, oh, everybody was turned out. You was bad, bitch fucking.
Speaker 4: You had everybody.
Speaker 2: So what was that like? Like after the scenes were shot, you picked the.
Speaker 4: To fit it.
Speaker 8: I mean in a way, I mean when I first pitched on this project almost four years ago, that was part of my presentation of how the music I wanted the musical beat. Some of my favorite films touched all genres. You got sold, you got funked, you got R and B, you got raped. I think that adds an extra layer to our film. So at the start of the film, we had a very small music budget, so a lot of the stuff was indie and then I remember doing like early previews and the president of the tri Star was just like, what's some big songs in there?
Speaker 7: And we try to figure it out.
Speaker 8: So I'm like, all right, you know, so we ended up getting more money and we just try stuff out. It's just it's really about just placing it, listening to it over and over again. I had made a playlist that was I got about three hundred songs on there.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: We work with the music subervision team that licens saying hard. It's hard.
Speaker 4: But although hopefully since.
Speaker 2: It gave you all the TV discount because don't nobody want to get a discounts.
Speaker 8: But but we you know, we got Dochi and we got Ravaughn here too, so we did.
Speaker 7: Honestly, they did show us some love for that is amazing.
Speaker 6: Can we get a little inspo? You said four years ago shopping it. Have there ever been a point where you were like, I'm giving up on this?
Speaker 7: No? Really, yeah, I mean because it's time.
Speaker 8: I mean, Holly, you gotta have persistence, you know, you gotta have perseverance, I should say. You know, if you give up on it, you've given up, you know what I mean. It's some filmmakers. I look at Mars Scorsese for example, Color's of the Flower Moon. He was trying to make that movie in the seventies and he just made it and he did turned eighty years old, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, and we know Kiki with ky TV, she she making a script every week.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. But it does take a long time, you know, it really really doesn't. That's a big part of Key TV. It's like, how can we create an inky baby system that helps usher these projects quicker into the hands of you know, people like Sony or people that going to give the money and be able to do them at the scale you want to.
Speaker 4: But it's it's not easy. I love talking about that when we talk about this.
Speaker 5: Movie, because I want people to understand that that's the reality. If it doesn't happen immediately, don't take that as a sign that it's never going to happen. It took a keyling to be in the shoot twenty about twenty years to get mad exactly.
Speaker 4: So it's like it was like, man, they had to wait for me to be born for to get made.
Speaker 2: That was what its ony years.
Speaker 6: So it's really gonna be amying to be and they say, oh, look at.
Speaker 4: That Little Black Girls. We gotta do it like it's almost making good. It's all funny.
Speaker 7: But Kethy and I, we just believed in the story. Y'ough.
Speaker 8: Literally we just were like, because we gotta tell it, it's original. We haven't seen this before. We don't do whatever it takes. We're gonna audition out every many people were gonna keep fighting.
Speaker 6: And for all the movies that you've done, what about this film for you made it feel different? You have very serious and then nope, we're like, we got to see what was it about this that made you? You're just like, damn, I did something different?
Speaker 4: Well you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is first of all, I will say again, sissm me and Sissa. Anytime that you're working and you're collaborating on a project, the chemistry with you and the people that you're working with are always going to make the difference. And I feel like there's something that's very magical about her, and I think there was something very magical about us working together in this time space, in this moment in time that I think we captured that I feel is it makes it unique. But then also I would say, like I'm proud of every movie that I've done.
Speaker 4: Obviously that's why I did it.
Speaker 5: I liked it on the page, and I liked it when it's finished, but it's not always the movie that I'm going to watch every day or watch before I go to bed.
Speaker 4: Like when I look at this, it made me think about like Brown Sugar.
Speaker 5: It make me think about like all those movies from the early two thousands, late nineties black movies that I'm like, yeah, put that on because it makes me feel good.
Speaker 4: And so I think that's also the difference.
Speaker 5: Another movie I did that made me feel like that in a different way. It's more of a dramas this movie I did called Brotherly Love, where it's like it's a movie that I would just sit and watch, you know. That's how I feel about this, But in a comedy sense.
Speaker 6: I love that when you. When I get my hair done, I actually put on comfort movies. You know what I mean, Sorry, Tony. When I was looking at the screener, I was like, oh, do I do it with my brainer because she don't love it? And honestly, it's so funny because when we spoke about it later, I said, oh my god, girl, I just got to watch the most amazing thing. And when I get my hair done next, I can't wait for you to watch it too.
Speaker 4: That's what it was for.
Speaker 1: Serious, because you know what we want to cut on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, But I also said, I also said watching it a second time made it to where you feel like, oh no, this is about to be a classic. Because I could watch it again and it got better. I missed some things. I missed something then watching it again and I was like, oh dangn that was funny. The tumble Weed, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Come on tumble weed.
Speaker 6: Is there any little piece before we leave our audience tonight of something you want to share about this film that they could take home with, or just a piece of this movie that or just even talking to each other about what this meant?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Man, I mean, I hope people leave this movie and have hope at the front of their mind.
Speaker 7: You know, we see our world is so crazy.
Speaker 8: Right now, economies all over the place, and we see these characters whose backs are against the wall. It looks like it's over with, but it's not real, you know. And I think that's like an you know, analogy for life.
Speaker 7: You know. You just we talk about how long is it this movie? We have to perseverance.
Speaker 8: So it's as long as you're hopeful and you believe in your heart that you know what you want can happen.
Speaker 7: It can happen for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I piggyback off of that and just and just to have joy. I think it's so important for us to find joy. It is like life can really be crazy, it can be a lot. And I think the big thing is community. So whether it's the community of seeing Drew and Lissa come together with theirs on screen, or the community of all of y'all gathering here to watch it. If we could bring each other together to laugh and enjoy, to me that I've done my job. That's what I like to do as an artist. It's to bring people together for something good, for something hopeful, for something positive.
Speaker 4: And so that makes me happy looking at all.
Speaker 7: Y'all.
Speaker 5: We was laughing up in here together. You know that's that's fun to me. You can watch this and know you will make your rent.
Speaker 4: You will make it. I know you need to make it. You will be a high.
Speaker 2: You might need to show them toes, but you might need to show them Joe, Kiki Lawrence, thank you so much for y'all bring us here.
Speaker 4: Y'all, y'all. And Laurence, hey, you guys.
Speaker 5: Make sure you were seventeen seventeen, yeah, septeenth, y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, we're out of the theater, y'all.
Speaker 6: We just left Kiki, yes, miss big Boss Palmer, we just left Laurence Lawant.
Speaker 1: That shit was fun as hell. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy because I mean, I know, you guys have never really heard us do an episode like that. I don't think we ever have done an episode like that.
Speaker 8: Not me.
Speaker 1: No, it was a good time.
Speaker 2: Now. It's crazy because horrible decisions was in my mind. I was up there, so I was like, oh, caught that caught that.
Speaker 1: Y'all want a little background team.
Speaker 6: So this part of the episode is just Mandy and I, you know, reflecting on a movie. Reflecting on our experience with this for our listeners, first thoughts I had that I thought were funny. Out of the red carpets we've done together, I have felt so fucking rushed out And it was so beautiful to be in Atlanta where everybody knows us.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I actually got everybody. So I do want to shout out excell Nicole, Radio One, Revolt, dish Nation rolling out. Uh did you say that bossip?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like it was dope. Like we immediately went to the red carpet and it was like we here with decisions, decisions, formally horrible decision To be fair.
Speaker 6: Can I just say I'm not saying no one didn't know us, but that is how they're supposed to be prepared. When you're red carpet, you're even if you don't know someone, You're holding a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: You're scene is coming out. But also we was the house. That's true Bett what to me?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 6: I was literally thinking to myself when we were leaving, can he look bomb?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But I was like, damn bro like flying from New York last night, like she does so much that it really made me think to myself, do I do enough.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that every time I speak to Angela Yee or even Charlemagne and I'm like, oh, if we got the same twenty four hours, maybe I'm not doing enough because they juggle a lot of things, which is why.
Speaker 4: Like I know, like when I told y'all.
Speaker 2: Was doing radio down here, you was like, well, we have a tour, are you gonna have enough time?
Speaker 1: I say, bitch, I want to make it happen. I see Angela, make it happen.
Speaker 7: I see Charla.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know none of that yet. Air check is being sent out. I'm talking to a lot of people, and not that I'm using like a manifest word here, but I'm literally just saying it because it's gonna happen. That's it. It's not like locked in officially. But when I make the announcements to y'll, y'all could come right back to this time stamp and see what a manifestation looks like.
Speaker 1: Let me let me, let me do for radio.
Speaker 4: So there you go. In another I like that.
Speaker 6: I like when people say, you know, I moved to a city for love and then they get married. I moved to a city for job and have it I think it's beautiful. You know, someone told me on Horrible Decisions that I said I wanted to do trap pilates last year.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't remember that. That's crazy. I don't know if I guess I talked about plates and to do.
Speaker 2: You have been working I mean talking about just working out period since we started the pod. I think before we started the pod, you had me going to spin classes with your ass.
Speaker 6: Going to Switch Playground where my fitness dress. No, no, you don't, Rember, we went together.
Speaker 2: That was one time, just to film behind. I never wanted to do Switch Playground. That was not my type A crazy word ground. I like bar pilates, a yoga, hot yoga specifically.
Speaker 6: I've actually been thinking about adding a bar for trap bar classes. But okay, back into it, so manifesting. Okay, see that was being Scissor right now.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm not gonna lie. Y'all heard me say it.
Speaker 2: Scissor's character, Alyssa is a fucking terrorist like I watched it and every scene with her made me more and more mad. I said I could never have a friend. It was not only the delulu of it. Yes, moving in the broke nigga with the big dick. Okay, sure, but it was just like even I think when when Kiki couldn't believe she posted I don't want to give the movie but and I'm not gonna give the movie, but there were moments in there where Alisa just did things where it's just like, oh, bit, you just dumb, you just dumb.
Speaker 4: You don't care.
Speaker 2: About she just second and then and then's me when a friend try to tell you, like, bitch, you stay fucking up for her in that moment to be like.
Speaker 4: Well, bitch, you ain't shit either.
Speaker 2: And I was just like me and my friends never have these exchanges, and I was just like, this be what friendships look.
Speaker 1: I actually got a little.
Speaker 6: Anxiety and their argument in the movie because I haven't had a like scream out match with a fan in a long time now.
Speaker 1: Actually I don't know the last time that happened.
Speaker 6: But it made me think to myself, a lot of my friends are opposite as me. I have some type A and me and I have someone listen in me. That's why why I'm able to do what I do or you know, even be an entrepreneur. I think you got to have a little type A. Yeah, now, you have to have. I think more Type A than Alissa. Yeah, I mean no, I am yeah, but it made me think to myself, is there a balance in friendships where two Type a's can two Kiki aka Drew in the movies?
Speaker 1: Can two kikiS get on? Well?
Speaker 6: Is it nice to have that oppositeness? Much like in dating, it's really nice to date someone with the opposite personality A bit.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of Type A friends, but I don't think I would move into doing business with any of my friends at this point, just because I value my friendships too much. But I like I like Type A people. I like people that are like organized and not so aloof. I do have some aloof ass friends, though I do have some delusional ass friends, and I do have not call him out girl, and I do have friends that create their own realities.
Speaker 4: Like they'll be telling me about something and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Hold on, is it cause of Dick?
Speaker 2: Though, oh, it's about Dickolae. I ain't even gonna hold you. My one friend and she don't listen to the Bob, So I'm about to talk about her because I called her out in person. So we talking and she's telling me about this twenty four year old, but she's speaking about him like he's new. So all these things are new. And I said, bitch, the car dealership nigga, oh my god, two years ago, Oh you do.
Speaker 4: Know about it? Yeah, you fucked his coworker. So I'm like, the way she bitch get on the bod, it was a lot.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, well, she's like, well he doesn't work there anymore. And I was like, bitch, you still fucking this merry coworker. It was tea So I was like, bro, you're really sitting here trying to talk about this nigga like he had new nigga. I was so confused. I do want to do like I.
Speaker 6: Feel like I've done that on Horrible Actually there's been maybe in the last I don't know how many years, but there's been a nigga I've had sex with that. I was just no, I don't act like he's a new nigga. I just don't intro who he is. How I said, I'll just talk about the dick and I'll be like, I don't even feel like like I think there's a time I fucked Lambau And I was like, I just can't believe I fucked this nigga again, Like.
Speaker 1: Let me just that's crazy, but it's to me.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you want to share your excitement for the dick you just had, but the way that a friend will hold you accountable is like, I don't want.
Speaker 1: To hear that I needed to get fucked. Okay, let's just say you fuck twenty four to seven again. Let's just say it happened. Although we can kind of be looking at him sometimes because we didn't have been in the same but just seeing him in that one nigga together.
Speaker 4: And I said, we're not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: I said, oh my god, he be outside with all the niggas ah. But I would never give him plasy again, even though he find I think. I know the last argument was but the last argument was bad. But also I've been told of too many other bitches he pucks, and it's just like ew, like, you just give that good dick to everybody.
Speaker 1: What is your problem?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I could show you a bit She pucked so ugly, and I was just like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like, what's good dick to be elusive?
Speaker 1: I'll show you her. She's awful? What is it about?
Speaker 2: So she probably like she's trash what's wrong with her besides the face and the body body face trash.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's funny. No, I've been around her. She's not that funny. Well, and her lips are like maybe she a freak. Let me see.
Speaker 2: No, you ain't given too much details on me on the podcast. I do want to talk about one of them days, just just to wrap this episode up, though only because I'm I will say hearing them say that we were this close, and when I say this close, it's really small to getting a sex worker scene. I really wish we did the I really wish they did the footshit. Oh my god, I really wish they did, you know what them.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of glad they didn't because I wonder if somebody would have just found a way to pick it apart.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of the girls would be like, oh do you got to say?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It was very fun, It was very silly, and I wonder if it was a choice to take it out.
Speaker 1: You got to think everything is a choice, right.
Speaker 6: A lot of the sex workers shit people act funny about.
Speaker 4: Bro feet though like that I don't.
Speaker 1: Think is a big deal the thing.
Speaker 4: So it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So watching this movie and it was a question I wanted the audience to sit with fifteen hundred dollars in a day. It's so crazy because, uh, I know, we got asked that question on the red carpet, and immediately I said, I would hit up all my niggas.
Speaker 1: I would have sex.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. I have so many niggas even from the past, and friends that are millionaires, and I could just ask for money. But then I also thought, bitch, the first thing I did when we started really making money, I think maybe our first like live show, I bought this watch, and it's only because everyone told me, bitch, a Rolex doesn't really lose value.
Speaker 7: Da da da.
Speaker 2: I could go turn this sitting and get eight grand tomorrow, get eight grand today if I went and wanted to turn it back in.
Speaker 4: So I was like, oh, I'll get my watch up.
Speaker 1: And that's what else I thought.
Speaker 2: I said, Damn, they didn't even have a scene like with a pawn shop. I'm thinking of realistically, like growing up, the cash advance, that's what my mom used to do, That's what I used to do. It was actually my first thing, cash advance. Then a pawn shop actually would have been my second thought in which jewelry gold, gold keeps value, which is why when I was just in sane CROI, I was like, bitch, we got to get the gold because gold is more affordable there.
Speaker 1: It's like thirty percent off. So I'm gonna be real.
Speaker 4: You always take a pawn shop.
Speaker 1: Here's why.
Speaker 6: The most valuable, like, the most valuable thing is my Rolex two. However, I've seen rolexes on the real real for twenty one hundred and I really believe, but you.
Speaker 4: Only need fifteen.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about if you need the fifteen, just get the give kid the goddamn watch up to me.
Speaker 6: That don't hold no value should be going down, bitch. The pawn shops can look you in the I and see desperation, bitch.
Speaker 2: And then they gonna be like, you know, well I could take this to Boucher turnover, bitch, like can we tell where I got it from? Andandy trying to speak French and she knows that's my town. That is not friends. Well now, yeah, I was thinking.
Speaker 6: I was thinking, Now, if someone doesn't have something that is of that much value, where do you do? What are you selling your home? The other things that you own are laptop yes, car, you can do your car. Okay, that's that's extreme.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 2: What and you can't really turn in a car. A lot of people are on a car with the least That's why you got to turn over that pussy. That's what I would have done. You know what's crazy? That's that was my overall take from this movie. And no, no, no, no, is that they have poor pussy management. How the fuck can you not call any nigga you ever fucked and asked for some break.
Speaker 1: Because they was living in the jungles man?
Speaker 7: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Regardless poor pussy management, there's bitches that live in the project that can still call.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: See as much Mindulessa got on your nerves. Who if you didn't watch a movie yet a sizzle? She damn sure hopped on Tinder and was looking for riche nigose som wrong app.
Speaker 4: Which we gave you all the apps to go on seeking arrangement.
Speaker 6: What's your Price? There's so many other books. Yeah, for anyone that has never listened to horrible decisions? What's your Price? Dot com is a website where you can literally sell a date.
Speaker 2: I'm actually going to go on there and just let's just take a little read of what their site is looking at right now.
Speaker 1: What they call it.
Speaker 4: I want it.
Speaker 1: I'm writing a script right now, and I want that website.
Speaker 6: Okay, or dating done differently online dating starting with an offer. Welcome to What's Your Price? Where the dating gets real. Forget it and the scrolling and dead end conversations. It's real dates with people who want to meet you. It's a fast lane for dating. Ditch endless messaging and go for the quick stuff. The average offer is about one hundred and twenty dollars YEP, six point six million members.
Speaker 1: Thirty percent of all offers are accepted.
Speaker 2: And the other thing that is really great about this is that the users have viewed more than sixty two million date offers, So it's not like this is a dead site where it's not really going anywhere.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: So basically, you go on there, you create a profile, and men will offer you money to take you out, and when they take you out, it's their responsibility to also cover the meal, so.
Speaker 4: You can get paid to eat.
Speaker 7: What a motherfucker?
Speaker 2: Yeah crazy, That's what I'm talking about. So that's on that one day I would have went on a coffee date. I would have went on a lunch date and a dinner date. They're going my rent.
Speaker 6: So this one I thought it was amazing in twenty sixteen. It's a while ago. But a single mother and this is from the Dailymail dot com charges men one hundreds of dollars to go on dates from What's Your Price dot com she scored a two million dollar paycheck from one of them to fund her new company. On her first date from What's Your Price, she told him about a business plan and he gave her two million dollars to invest.
Speaker 1: Now, Ida, I actually need to start going back on that website.
Speaker 2: Because I don't mind. I don't mind like having somebody paying me.
Speaker 7: To go eat.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you a homegirl say the other day she had a fucking your idea. Okay, So one of my homegirls was like, I'm looking for the rich niggas, right. So my friend was like, go to a coffee shop in Beverly Hills, get on your laptop, and then just they're just gonna talk to you because you hot, and just start telling them about your business plan. You can do that, just continue to do it, and then if that's how these men meet you, they're gonna be like, oh, we should have a meeting. But really, you about a trick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not mad with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I know what Atlanta coffee shop could they go to? Butch, I ain't gonna hold you pistachios back. And this is not an ad, but that Starbucks bitch is Starbucks bitch for people to listen to decisions. This girl love pumpkin and pistachio. And I would like to ask you white.
Speaker 4: Women because I want racial here we go.
Speaker 1: I am a seasonal slore.
Speaker 2: I love seasonal flavors like this True Food kitchen here in Atlanta. And I like, oh my goodness, bitch, their little winter menu with a squash. Right now, give me something with squash and ricotta.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: And so January seventeenth, it's this Friday, This Friday, This Friday, y'all can check out one of them days. And like we said, it made us feel at home. It felt like on Friday, it was so much fun. Definitely, go with your girls.
Speaker 4: Go with your girl.
Speaker 1: I got a little cocktail, bitch, that's what I said. I like last night. He said that's doing too much.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I like a ratchet movie theater. But I'm just saying for the girl dates. Oh yeah, no, for the girl dates. I actually just did that with my best friend. We went and saw.
Speaker 2: A Wicked and then I took my mom and my sister to go see Moufassa. But we went to one of those movies where we was eating fucking We had a Charcucci board, we had an espresso martini. So if you guys have an ipic theater anywhere, I really love going to watch movies like that because it's like a dinner in a movie.
Speaker 1: Are you knocking out two and one? Bitch them tickets?
Speaker 2: We thirty, all, No, they're only twenty here, But then you're ordering food and drinks, so it does get a little expensive.
Speaker 1: You know, go on with your price. And did tell them you want to go see.
Speaker 2: One of them bads, and then well they be wanting to talk on them days. It's okay, that's the perfect day.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a girl's out movie. I do think it's a really cute date night t I and Tiny actually came and watched at the screening. I saw quite a few couples actually in there, unless they were just there with it, But I saw a lot of guys and girls at the screening.
Speaker 6: Sizza was something to see Kiki little body in that little Neon list. It was really really fun to see them on the screen. And I got to see Sizzle on tour last year for so os so much.
Speaker 1: I loved her.
Speaker 2: She she is kind of really an artist because like to see her act in this like she was a great actor. Actually to see her maybe she was also just acting like herself, which is the type of role I think I would deal with.
Speaker 1: That's what they say that non actors should do. But after this movie, y'all.
Speaker 6: And I'm not just saying it because Sony brought us out, but I swear to you at the end of the movie, you know, high expectations always for Kiki.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, damn, Siss really good.
Speaker 4: So that did that? Actually, I think.
Speaker 6: Alex was texting me in the movie and like, this is kind of surprising me. Yeah, And I think you know, when you see an actor for the first time or someone you know that becomes an actor. That's how we know Sissa right from her music. You're kind of like, oh, okay, well maybe she'll be Navid.
Speaker 1: She killed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she killed it and then also it was just amazing to see Janelle James in the film.
Speaker 4: Kat Williams.
Speaker 2: The Woman from Curb, which was my favorite scene of the movie, which is crazy, the conversation we had with the director, the scene where we said they said they didn't know if it would get that many last the cash Advanced Place was my favorite scene.
Speaker 1: Oh do you want to give any little tea from last night?
Speaker 6: Like bts that because I thought the coolest thing was watching Kiki and Lawrence just react to stuff. I kind of almost watched the movie and stared at them.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, KICKI was sitting Kicky and her mama was sitting right in front of I love watching people watch them.
Speaker 2: So I love that she was watching her own film back. And I think that that lets you know how much they really both take it serious. The and the director like enjoy the film.
Speaker 6: And I also want to let y'all know, you know, just being Bicoastal, I've been going to a lot of screenings and the actors come in for the panel and this movie and Bad Boys, Bad Boys because.
Speaker 1: Well, Marvin and Anna wanted it.
Speaker 6: And that was a very small theater of like maybe less than one hundred and seventy five, a big theater, and so just to see the actor be engulfed in their own work and paying attention to their craft, Like that's when you get the people that are this big. But I've definitely been some screenings where they just pop right in and by the way, yeah, I'm amazing. I might need a hologram because I kind of want to sit in a Horrible Decisions live show.
Speaker 2: Like I know we're going on tour again, but I kind of like want to be able to see what it looks like.
Speaker 6: Well, if you could see Mandy and I backstage whenever there's like a video of us playing or something, We're always looking like how are people reacting.
Speaker 1: We'd be trying to sneak it, be like are they laughing? Did they laugh every time Vinnie goes back? Are they laughing?
Speaker 4: What type of crowd is it? Like, I know, we really want to know because we like to be engulfed with the crowd.
Speaker 6: So when we you know, when we're traveling and we have to book like an opener that we don't know manning down here alive, we'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, like, you need to know. I think we did really good with our last tour with our performers, openers or Kinksters.
Speaker 1: It was a really good tour.
Speaker 2: But yeah, one of them days, y'all don't check it out. Make sure y'all go check that out. January seventeenth, and I did do a little blog. I don't know when it's gonna be up. I'm working on editing it now. Maybe I'm trying to do all the little things. I had my friend with my little Ozmo and she was like, bitch, I don't know how to work this. Where's the manual? But she don't know how to do shit. Shout out to my best friend though. And again January seventeenth, one of them days in theater.
Speaker 1: Make sure y'all check it out.
Speaker 2: And we also want to give a really really, really really huge thank you to our patriots.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was gonna say Sony things, Sony too.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna thank you start Sony, but I want to let you guys know in twenty twenty five, all the things we're given to our Patreon community, we were allotted, thanks to Sony, twenty seats to invite our patrons.
Speaker 1: So the inviting patrons was something we wanted to do. We wanted to do, and then I love the Tony a lot of that.
Speaker 6: You guys invest in us and we're investing back, whether you spend five dollars a month or twenty five.
Speaker 2: No, Sony went to give us seats and we were like, we would like to invite our community.
Speaker 7: Can we do that?
Speaker 1: Can we get more seats?
Speaker 2: And one of our patroents drove from fucking Kentucky to come and watch this se Where is that, hey, Siri, it's like Kentucky from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Four hours, five hours and sixty drove and she drove. Shout out to you, act like that was fro me and not Kiki.
Speaker 2: Oh my, well yeah, thank you to our patrons, and again thank you to Sony for having us host our first screening and one of them days. Y'all check it out and again it's even better when you see it the second time around, So make sure you see it in theaters and whenever it hits streaming.
Speaker 1: And we want to thank you guys for
Speaker 2: Tuning in to Decisions Decisions Babies, a special edition by BLA