Speaker 1: Liliana, I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: I think my eyes are like crossed. I've been in the library all afternoon.
Speaker 1: Come on, what is that you have? Now? A crush on some librarian. That's the only way I can see you there.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's a pretty solid guest. But actually I've been studying, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I'm a scholar, oh lordy, a scholar of what the stars, attachment theory, flirtation.
Speaker 3: These are all great guesses, but actually I'm a scholar of love.
Speaker 1: Of course, well too, Veico. That's our job. That's why we make such a good pick. That is true.
Speaker 3: Welcome listeners. This is date my ho wi ead that first. I am your host, Vico or this joined by my beautiful partner in crime, Ail lil mon Soon i'll introduce our main dater, and once we have met them, Lilana will sort through three promising contestants before choosing who will go on a one on one date with our main dater and who will be heading back to the apps.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is a tough job, but that's why the two of us are here so we can get this done.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, and I am so glad to be here. With Yolia doing this tough job. All right, So our main dater this week is Giovanni.
Speaker 3: Giovanni is a current PhD candidate for educational policy and has a passion for youth education, claiming that nothing will make you a better person than working with young people.
Speaker 1: So true.
Speaker 3: He was raised by a lot of strong women who installed a love of family and him from a very young age. He believes in healthy masculinity hells yeah, and wants to foster more communities than inspire that. He defines himself as a hopeful romantic, not a hope less romantic, and wants to flirt with a wife his whole life honestly same. He boths being a great but shut dance I love that and and even better, reye, don't dance. I'm excited about that.
Speaker 2: Do you like to dance with a lover?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Any which way possible? Vertically, horizontally, perpendicular, across all uh yeah, just let's just get it done.
Speaker 2: A lot of angles right there, it's.
Speaker 1: Dancing, dancing dancing.
Speaker 2: I'm a dance machine, all right? Define gravity?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Shall we bring in Giovanni please, let's meet him. Welcome Giovanni.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello, Hey everyone, how's everyone doing. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: So so good Giovanni, it is such a pleasure to have you join us on date my Alida. First, let's start off with some basics. What is it that we need to know about Giovanni.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm thirty two years old. I'm a PhD in education policy. Really passionate about your development and helping people reach their full potential.
Speaker 5: Passionate. I'm very studious and dedicated.
Speaker 2: That noted.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have always been these studios and concerned about others.
Speaker 5: I was a big nerd when I was growing up.
Speaker 6: I love to read, and there was something that really sparked a passion in me just seeing people be able to be their best selves and there's anything.
Speaker 5: Better than the community.
Speaker 1: What is your background?
Speaker 5: I am Latino, Mexican.
Speaker 1: America, Mexican American, and you speak Spanish.
Speaker 6: You have grandmothers with.
Speaker 1: More power to both of those beautiful women in your life, absolutely being raised, but such powerful women. What have you learned in order to you know, proceed in your life and find love and a good steady relationship. How have they influenced your decisions and your life.
Speaker 5: It's a very interesting question.
Speaker 6: I think more than anything, it's about breaking down general rules and stare types and anything that could potentially box us in.
Speaker 5: My mom had to be both mother and father, and so seeing.
Speaker 6: Her, you know, work hard and make sure that we had every opportunity available even with the limited resources we.
Speaker 5: Had, was a big influence on me.
Speaker 6: You got to be scrappy, you got to play the hand in your a DoPT but as long as you work hard, anything as possible.
Speaker 1: So are you an only child? I have a brother, okay, older or younger than you.
Speaker 5: She is the younger brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh so does he look up to you?
Speaker 5: You know? It's interesting because we never knew our dad.
Speaker 6: So I feel like I had to be the example, kind of like the man of the house quote unquote.
Speaker 5: But we definitely work together to get through some hard times.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you normally gravitate towards being a caretaker and relationships?
Speaker 5: Man, you're really asking the hard questions right now, you know.
Speaker 2: I think the song we're out here, we have to know it's.
Speaker 5: A partnership, you know, and we support each other.
Speaker 6: So it's not so much about being a caretaker and being fixed in that role.
Speaker 5: I think it's more about being dynamic and being supportive.
Speaker 1: What do you want to.
Speaker 5: Be honest, I want to fall in love.
Speaker 6: I think it's the right time in my life and I'm ready to explore now.
Speaker 3: When we're reading the bio, you mentioned something around healthy masculinity, and one of our producers mentioned that you have an idea around a retreat for all the toxic gum men out there.
Speaker 2: I want to hear.
Speaker 3: More about that because also I love what you say about your family. You witnessed a challenge around gender roles and I'm just really curious about how that has been for you, and also being an example to your little brother as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely so. I been youth organizing since I was fourteen fifteen. Started off with my church. It was in the inner city of San Diego. I love being around people. I'm super extroverted. I love being in community, and so that's where it really started. When I started seeing how by being an example to others, by just vibing with people, you can really experience a collective joy. Then I started getting involved with other programs. Helped start a program that helps kids get to college at our firsttrand like me and so for me, it was just realizing.
Speaker 5: These are the examples that we've all had.
Speaker 6: You know, a lot of my cousins were in gangs when I was growing up, and so that was a big influence on me. And I started seeing the impact of this kind of culture within the friends in my friend group, and then soon enough, I started to realize there's a really big gap that needs to be filled, specifically for men of color, and so I really want to understand how we can develop a healthy masculinity, and not just those around us, but in the next generation. And since I've worked with Yeah, I've been working with youth for ten years, and I've always seen my young men even be too tough to smile in a photo, or not being able to express their feelings. And when we don't express what we're feeling, the body experiences. I don't know if you've all read Body Keeps a Score, a.
Speaker 5: Really popular book.
Speaker 2: Not read it, but I know about the concept.
Speaker 1: And Yeah, you mentioned that the warmth of the family belongs to the gram others. What is that about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's about inheritance and respecting our elders, realizing where we come from. It's almost like the flower realizing the soil that they come from and honoring that connection and relationship. And so for me, it's really about honoring those who come before you.
Speaker 1: You said the one where the rules my life respect any which way, any any person, any place, anytime. Without that, it just doesn't flow. But speaking of flow, you want to dance, But.
Speaker 5: I love I love dancing.
Speaker 1: It's a very sexy dance.
Speaker 6: It's a pure expression and being able to express itself it is important.
Speaker 1: So you dance.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 5: To be honest, I can't help it. The beat is on. I just do what comes naturally.
Speaker 3: You know you can't hold that moertoricans I was like, what's up?
Speaker 2: Come through, Giovanni.
Speaker 3: It was amazing getting to chat with you and getting to know you. I think at this point will now bring in the three contestants who will ring for your love by vying for Awalita's love first will be your right back. Welcome back today, Mayawani the first. Hello, Welcome to our amazing contestants. Let's start up with Christine and Christine is a twenty eight year old who says gabin and yappin are some of her favorite pastimes.
Speaker 1: I hear you, Christine, I'm so bad.
Speaker 3: And Christine enjoys the pursuit of learning so much so that over the pandemic, Christine taught herself about.
Speaker 2: One quantum physics. I'm into it.
Speaker 3: She has many different gigs including hand modeling, video production manager, brand ambassador, bartender, and atmosphere modeling. Maybe we will have a chance to ask about what that means, because I'm interested.
Speaker 2: Welcome Christine.
Speaker 4: Hello, and you love to gab, and I love to yap and I am happy to be here, Gavin and yappen with you guys, Hels.
Speaker 2: Yes, Next we have Jess.
Speaker 3: Jess is a thirty four year old real estate owner, kendlmaker, and project manager at.
Speaker 2: A private school.
Speaker 3: Her friends would describe her as a sensitive firecracker that doesn't take shit and works hard because she likes expensive things.
Speaker 1: Ay men, fuck yes.
Speaker 3: She's deeply family oriented and interested in building towards long term goals that create a.
Speaker 2: Strong, happy life.
Speaker 3: She's the youngest of five and claims that having four siblings means she got to learn from all of their mistakes. Welcome Jess, happy to be here, every life.
Speaker 2: Yes, and finally Anusha.
Speaker 3: Anusha is a twenty six year old actor and personal trainer who brings light and life wherever she goes. She is from India and grew up in Singapore. Ooh, she wants a partner who feels like a buddy, who can match her and be an addition to her very full life.
Speaker 1: Oh lisitos to each and every one of you. Welcome.
Speaker 3: Why don't we find out some more about these contestants?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Our main dater this week is getting a PhD in education policy.
Speaker 2: I see y'all are like, wow, hot into it.
Speaker 3: So in this game of lawful loving, we are asking you to tell us you're dating policies. So we'll give you a topic and you'll state what policies.
Speaker 2: You might have under that law.
Speaker 3: For example, if I said we'd be talking about types of men you might date, you might say date Maya Wilita.
Speaker 1: First Proclamation two the reauthorization of do not marry a man just because he serenades you on the guitar see year two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: For the first round, let's hear what laws you might enact around moving a relationship from casual too serious? The proclamation of d t R so dating to relationship.
Speaker 1: Christina's ray Christine, go for it.
Speaker 4: The first of the policies. I hereby proclaim that you need to be friends with my friends. My female friendships are incredibly important to me. They are the most fulfilling, loving relationships in my life and they mean the world to me. And if you're going to be a part of my life, you have to actively want to be involved in our lives collectively. Like you have to get along with my friends. We had a paint and sip. Why not. My best friend just like became official with a boy like two days ago, and he got us all flowers for Valentine's Day because he was like, these girls are important to you, so they're important to me, And that's the standard.
Speaker 1: Does this guy have a father or grandfather, an uncle or anyone available? Single breathing and uh And you know, as a few years.
Speaker 4: Left, Wilita, I will check and I will get back to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Continue you love this policy?
Speaker 1: A new show?
Speaker 2: What is your policy.
Speaker 7: In order to enact the DTR conversation? I feel like open and honest communication is a requisite in any relationship.
Speaker 1: Boom prop them my words. I need.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need to have like one of those.
Speaker 3: Like gl a gavel, just like cut a requisite Coco.
Speaker 1: Hour.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's your answer? What's your policy?
Speaker 8: So Section one four to three point two Dash eight stipulates that if a future is looking to pursue a long term, committed relationship, then the brother has to show me that he is consistent both in words, effort and action.
Speaker 1: Oh day, elected.
Speaker 3: Nice the gavel king, King? That was that was excellent. Well let's go ahead and move on to the next round. The next one is the BDE Act of Sex and Intimacy. Let's hear what laws you might enact around sex and intimacy?
Speaker 2: The bd E Act? What does that stand for?
Speaker 7: Big take energy?
Speaker 4: I was mouthing it, but I was on me. I know, I didn't know it's it is big dake energy.
Speaker 3: Well, lovely, thank you for informing me what BD means. Clearly, I don't have any big, durable and enforced Okay, okay, So what is the BD Act of Sex and Intimacy?
Speaker 2: Christine?
Speaker 1: See you?
Speaker 4: What's my proclamation? My agreement? I don't know, like keeping the excitement alive, especially like in a long term relationship. I don't want it to ever devolve into just like well it's Wednesday, and you know what that means, Like that's not the relationship that I want.
Speaker 3: Keeping things fresh, keeping things new. I'm into that, Jess, what's your proclamation? What's your policy?
Speaker 9: Well, the requirement is that he prioritizes my orgasm because he's gonna get his no matter what. But I need to make sure that he's making moves, licking things, doing all the things I love to make sure I'm pleased.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, girls, very here for this policy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a new show. What is yours?
Speaker 7: Be clean? Like, I'm sorry, nothing's gonna happen if you're gross.
Speaker 2: No, it was prior to commencement.
Speaker 4: Right, there's no commencement that's gonna happen.
Speaker 7: If I know that you're in a room because I smelled you, I.
Speaker 3: Movie, yes, it's true, and I honor this policy. Okay, for our final law, what laws would you enact around DM law number sixty nine? How would you legislate surrounding dms from an interested partner?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: So it's like you're getting dms from people who are interested in being your partner and.
Speaker 7: You're with someone at this time whilst this is happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 7: Oh no, because I'm like, if I'm seeing someone and i'm getting dms, we share giggle. What Like, if I'm getting a DM and I'm seeing someone, I show them the DM from this random other person and we look at it together and giggle.
Speaker 2: Okay, Cue, that's a policy. There we go, Christine, go for it.
Speaker 4: I do want to giggle. I want to be in kahoots. That's like, that's the whole thing. I want to be in kahoots. So like, ideally the pickup lines and the DM will be really bad and then we can laugh at it together and then riff and make better ones and turn that into a bit.
Speaker 2: I love a bit.
Speaker 3: I love a bed here here Okay, So we have right, we have a collaboration policy between Anusha and Christine Jess. Do you have an added policy to this or do you want to like come in and be like, this is a collaboration policy and all these three lawyers signed and petitioned.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 9: I love the collaboration. However, I like to work in tears. So if it's someone you don't know and they're just shooting their shot, I would prefer to ignore it. If it's somebody that you maybe have some sort of rapport with the there has been some flirting previously, but now you're do you don't want to engage in it? Double tapping the message great, But if it's to the point where somebody is intent I'm trying to get my and I'm with someone at this time, then I like to set up boundary and say, hey, I'm not interested, no, thank you, something.
Speaker 4: To that effect.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you all so much for playing this first round. So it's time to play another game. Before Alita sends one of our lovely contestants home, our main dater says, nothing will make you a better person than working with young people. In this game. I know, I know everyone is assuming. Listen, in this game of Baby Decoder, we'll give you a real life quote from a real life young person, and you'll need to tell us how would you respond. Let's start off with something simple. Let's say little little Liana came up to you and.
Speaker 10: Said, Mitra, I have a little bit rat. Rusco is his name, and he's really nice and I'm in love with him. But I also love you. I want to love you, but I already love my little rat. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Leana is crying.
Speaker 3: Christina, you want to respond to littlely Leana out here having a canandrum over a little rat who she loves and also loves you, but she loves the rat before.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: Oh, Liliana, it's okay. The best thing about love is that there is enough love for everyone. You can love me and the rat, and you can love us in different ways.
Speaker 3: Beautiful Jess, how do you respond to little Ileana over here?
Speaker 9: The thing about love, Leanna is I'm gonna echo what Christine says. There's no living on it, so you can love Roscoe all you want and you can still love me too.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Anusha.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: How do you respond to little Leana loving Roscoe and another.
Speaker 7: I would say, okay, munch chin, there is big, big love in the world, and when we're feeling big, big emotions, we.
Speaker 4: Have space for a lot of people.
Speaker 7: And then I would tell her that I have a friend who has two pet rats and they apparently really like whole wheat spaghetti and tomato sauce. And then we would go make it.
Speaker 1: I am going to sprouts tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a fancy rat. That was amazing, Wow, incredible.
Speaker 10: Okay, Now, kid wisdom number two? How would you respond it, little vehicle came up to you, and same.
Speaker 11: Love is a thing that comes from your insights. And when you have love, you you can do that thing to them. And I want to be in love, so I can do that thing to them too.
Speaker 1: Me telling me too, Anush.
Speaker 7: Well, I feel like there's always a time and a place to do that thing when you're a little older. I don't think right now is a great time. But also when you do get a little older and you really love someone or really like someone, you can obviously do that thing as long as both of you or all of you want to. And you need to make sure that everyone who's participating also wants the same thing that you do, and you need to make for you ask right, Okay, wow.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you could do it with more than one person.
Speaker 4: That's a question for your mommy and daddy.
Speaker 7: Actually, I get paid twenty dollars an hour to babysit.
Speaker 10: You, so, sister, good Jessica, what do you think of a little Vico and that that thing little Vico?
Speaker 9: Oh, so that that thing that you want to do? You know, we can express it in different ways. I think as a kid right now, we should limit the expression of love.
Speaker 4: To listen, we could do hugs. How does a hug feel? Hug feels good?
Speaker 2: But I really want to do the thing, you know.
Speaker 9: So the thing about growing up is that you get to experiment as you get older. So let's wait to your teenage years that we can revisit this conversation.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be I'm grown up now, Christine, how do your respond to little Vigo.
Speaker 4: Really want to do little Vico? Well, I totally understand that you want to express that you are in love, and I get it, and that is a wonderful thing. What you're talking about. Specifically, that's an adult way to express law, and we're you're not an adult yet, and I know that can be really, really frustrating. But the good news is that there are so many other ways that you can still show other people that you love them. You can get them a gift with ice cream, like an ice cream that's exactly right. Or you can find a really pretty rock outside that reminds you of them.
Speaker 1: And throw it at them.
Speaker 4: You well, that's different.
Speaker 2: Literally, Leanna's a little different from little Vegan.
Speaker 4: That's a little different.
Speaker 1: I want to catch their attention.
Speaker 4: I would maybe advise against throwing rocks at our friends. You can also, like Jess said, you can absolutely show your friends that you love them by giving them hugs as long as you're okay with giving a hug and they're okay with receiving a hug. Remember, we have to ask, and I understand that you want to have that experience, and you'll get there. You'll get there later, but right now, there are other ways that you can show people that you love them.
Speaker 3: Okay, very good, nice, I think, I think, yeah, okay, this.
Speaker 2: These are great.
Speaker 3: My god, I can't believe they're actual quotes from like kids, but it makes sense. Thank you, Thank you three so much for participating on these amazing games. This is always a really hard thing to do, it is, and because it is so hard to do, we have chosen to not do the hard thing and keep all of you for the next round.
Speaker 2: So what's gonna.
Speaker 3: Happen now is that each of you is going to have a one on one where it's just gonna be a one on one with you and Liliana.
Speaker 2: So let's start with the Anusha.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go ahead and hand you over to Lila was to enjoy.
Speaker 1: How are you Anusha, I'm doing well, thank you?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I am doing amazing. I want to know more about you. I want to know when it comes to your past love relationships, what have you learned from them and what is it you're looking for for the new one.
Speaker 7: I think the biggest thing I've learned is you can still be your own independent person when you were with someone. I think growing up, I thought you had to do something with them all the time, you would always be around this person. But it's so much more enriching to be able to have your own lives and come together to celebrate your own lives. And I think that's something that I'm really looking forward to now because I want someone to be their whole, full self and I can be my full self.
Speaker 4: Well, we can be our full selves together.
Speaker 1: What else are you looking for in that person besides that togetherness.
Speaker 7: I'm very outgoing and I really like to do things. But I feel like if I'm with someone who doesn't like to do things, I can get into that pattern as well. So I really want someone who's like active and wants to go out and I want to say out. I mean, like, oh, it's a Sunday morning, let's go to the farmer's market, or hey, like, there's this brewery down the street. We should go for a jog to the brewery and then get a beer in the afternoon. Just like stuff that gets us out of the house and gets us meeting people and being with community. That's the biggest thing.
Speaker 1: You like to have fun adventures? Well you're young, of course, everybody, even me at this age, I still like to have adventures. So what are your biggest red flags and what is something you do not want on that next relationship.
Speaker 7: I was thinking about this yesterday, and my biggest red flag, I think is if I'm seeing someone and they describe every single person that they have seen in the past as crazy or psychotic, I don't want to be around them because if every single person you've ever dated is crazy and or psychotic, the only common denominator and here is you. And so that's the biggest red flag for me.
Speaker 1: Are you looking for love, marriage and children eventually?
Speaker 7: Yes, But my career is really important to me and I really like to work. I love to work. I will say, like long hours and long days do come with a territory, but also so not long days and not long.
Speaker 4: Hours as well.
Speaker 7: Having someone that also understands that, like if I'm going to be somewhere for twelve to fourteen hours and I can't really speak to you, like, respecting that is really important to me because I would respect that.
Speaker 4: For you with the caveat of.
Speaker 7: Like I'm good at communicating, like, hey, I won't be able to talk to you for X y Z time mm hmmm, because I don't feel like it's not polite to like not tell someone you're not going to speak to.
Speaker 1: Them absolutely, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So I like I will be like, hey, I'm not going to be here from the stay to this day because I'm working on something, but at this time I buy be free or in the night I might be free.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think I answer your question, but that's you did.
Speaker 1: You did. Thank you so much, my love.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you so so much. Let's bring in Jess. Welcome back, Jess. Hello, Hello, I am handing you over for a little guffe Alida, take it away.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 9: Jess amazing?
Speaker 1: You know that's my little sister's name, Jessica, and since I was seventeen when she was born, and I've always called her jess my muniekuita, So you'll be my munaquita right now. Now tell me about your life. You're a very busy woman. You have a career, a couple of jobs that you do. Do you have time and place for a relationship?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 9: You know, you make a time for the things that you want to invest in. And although I am a busy gal, I do a side time for meeting new people and investing with somebody that I do feel since you're connection with a lot of that is usually in the evenings and weekends due to my work schedule, but around make it happen.
Speaker 1: When was your last relationship?
Speaker 9: My last relationship was three years ago?
Speaker 1: And what happened there?
Speaker 9: Can you tell us he and I were together for eight years?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a long time.
Speaker 8: It was a long term relationship.
Speaker 9: We got together in our mid twenties, and you know, anybody that's grown up will tell you that so much changes from your mid twenties to your early thirties. I think there's a lot of self discovery that comes into the picture. And we realized that we just wanted different things out of life, and so we're growing in two separate directions and as painful as it was the right thing to do was to end the relationship.
Speaker 1: But you have been dating since no for two years.
Speaker 9: I was in hermit mode and just trying to kind of reel from that heartbreak. It was a little different, you know, completely in love with the guy, so it wasn't like there was some sort of transgression. It was just an honest conversation of where we were and what we wanted. And in that time, I kind of came back home to myself, as they say, started to learn just a few different things about who I am now. And last years when I started venturing off into dating Alita, it's a mess out there.
Speaker 1: You're telling me I've been single for fourteen years that I have a very very important question for you. Oh tell me you like to dance, Saisa.
Speaker 8: Regaton for sure.
Speaker 1: That's where it's at. Okay, okay? And you love to cook or do you want somebody to cook for you?
Speaker 8: Somebody has to cook for me.
Speaker 9: I am a magical cleaner, Okay, I will pick up that kitchen. You spick and Spanish, but somebody needs to actually chop the ingredients and put it all together.
Speaker 1: And you speak Spanish, I do, Okay, Well, what is that one big green flag you are looking forward to seeing in that new relationship.
Speaker 4: If we can.
Speaker 9: Laugh together, that's a huge green flag. I don't really go for like the mysterious serious kind. No, I need them to be laid back, crack a little joky joke. Laughter is the best medicine.
Speaker 1: It truly is. And on that note, thank you so much, my.
Speaker 2: Love, Thank you so much, Jess.
Speaker 3: Let's bring Christine hell Loo, Christine. I'm gonna hand you over for our little guffesh Alita they get away.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh are you, my love?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm good.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 1: I am doing amazing. I'm just ready to ask you a lot of personal questions.
Speaker 4: I'm excited. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about love. Yeah, that's something you're looking for.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it is. I am such an absolute, hopeless romantic and have realized recently that I've never been in a relationship where it's equally fulfilling for me as it is for the other person. I've like been with men where it's like I'm their girlfriend, but I'm also their therapist and their life coach and their mom in a way, and pouring so much into somebody and then not receiving the same amount back, and that's why I've been single for like the last few years. But I remember thinking like, is this what the rest of my life is gonna look like?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Is this it?
Speaker 1: There's so much more.
Speaker 4: I know, and I know that it exists and I've seen it. I know it's out there.
Speaker 1: I heard someone say once I am not a hopeless romantic. I'm a hopeful romantic. What do you think of that?
Speaker 4: I love that so much more.
Speaker 8: I love that so much more.
Speaker 4: That's so sweet. That is a much better to put it. I am. I am a hopeful romantic. I'm gonna start saying that.
Speaker 1: You are ready for love and a relationship and to build on that and work on that and eventually maybe mary have children down the road.
Speaker 4: The kid's thing is definitely a conversation that would need to be had because there's a lot of factors that go into it. And if I decide that's what I want, I want to make sure that I do that right and that I'm in a place in my life where I don't ever have to worry about making ends meet to be able to give that kid what it needs. Like, I think I'm very aware of what it takes to raise a child in a way where they grow up to be a person that like I'd be proud of raising, and like they have all the everything that they would need to have a good life, and that's non negotiable.
Speaker 1: Well, you're an amazing young lady, and I can see that happening. However, as the years progress, like when I was young until now, and you all of you who are young in this world, unfortunately we have to put up with the world changing and not becoming the best that it could be. But on the contrary, so it all starts at home, and it all starts with date Maya, Wilita, let's see what we can do for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it does.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Thank you so so much.
Speaker 3: Y'all have been so amazing and candid and honest and earnest.
Speaker 1: And beautiful all around wonderful.
Speaker 3: And we haven't we're adorable.
Speaker 2: We are not.
Speaker 3: We have been keeping a little secret because that's just what we do here. So our secret is that our main data has been undercovered this whole time, listening since the beginning, I know, gasp, mouth.
Speaker 1: Agape, they're all dropping to the floor right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we deserve the Chuang clap for this one, because they have been so honest with us, and we've been we've.
Speaker 1: Been pushing them, and it's like, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Though, Awalita might have an idea of who she likes for him, but we're gonna have you step out for a second to see we.
Speaker 2: Have a unanimous decision.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, Muchisima's gracias to the both of you, besos aurasos. Truly, it's been so much fun. Thank you so much for playing. We'll deliberate and then we'll bring it back in and the damn thing will be your right back. Welcome back today, may Alili the first. Okay, Awalita, what do you think after all these caffesitos, all these.
Speaker 1: Games, all three of them are pretty smart and beautiful and I think they would have an amazing time with Giovanni, there is one that has stood out the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we both are in tuned in a line that Christine has been a standout. I will say that having a caffeito with Jess definitely, and.
Speaker 1: She opened up a lot during that cafecito. I like them both New champ she's beautiful, she's young, she's got all this energy, but I think there's a little more structure to the other two ladies, and I think a stronger base.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think Giovanni would get along with that, but I feel like Christine is definitely the one.
Speaker 2: Giovanni, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 6: I still think that there's still so much more to learn about a person, but at least so far, it would be really interesting to geek out about quantum physics and the intellectual approach to everything we've been talking about.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, okay, cor on the same books. It's happening, So I guess it's time.
Speaker 1: Let's go for it. Beauties in the House.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, What a joy it has been to get to know you all in this episode.
Speaker 3: Truly, it's just been so great to see you from the very start all the way to hear I know it's quick, but at the same time, we've gotten to.
Speaker 2: Know so much about y'all.
Speaker 3: And so with that said, Awlita, do you want to take it away?
Speaker 1: Listen, beautiful women, you are each talented, powerful, powerful in your way of thinking on how you approach your life and the things that you are committed to, and I know that each of you will have an amazing and successful life. When it comes to this show, though, we have to keep in consideration what our main data would like and how one of you matches a little bit more with him. So, without going any further, the one person that will be dating our special main data is.
Speaker 3: Christine, Jess and Anusha.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being here today.
Speaker 3: Please stay in touch because we've absolutely adored you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, good luck on your date. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Wow, here's the moment. How are you feeling, Christine?
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wasn't expecting that. I'm like, I like, he's been like listening to the whole conversation. I'm like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, without further Ado, Giovanni, do you want to turn on your camera and on mute yourself?
Speaker 5: Wellah, hi, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 6: How are you doing good? It's been an interesting experience to say the least.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you've been like lurking in the background underknown, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: Doomanni, what are your first impressions on Christine?
Speaker 6: I really appreciate it. How smart you were. You were an intellectual, very powerful speaker as well. I forget the two words you use, Gibb, and those are yeah right, you know, And I think conversation is more than anything because it's really a relationship is just an ongoing conversation about love.
Speaker 5: And so maybe we can start off as friends and then see where the conversation takes us.
Speaker 4: Love.
Speaker 1: That that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I think the best relationships come out of deep friendships, and that's the foundation anyway, Right, we have to be best friends first.
Speaker 3: I love I was gonna ask Christine like her first impressions, but I guess like that's uh, I still yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Your voice is what surprised me the most, that like you have this it's like I, I don't know what I was expecting you to, but like with your look, it's like I wasn't expecting this very like methodical kind of way of speaking, but like musical and like a low tambur it's beautiful voice.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 3: So now we're going to send our contestants away for a little virtual day.
Speaker 1: I love you guys. Oh my goodness, you're a beautiful match. And don't forget that. Okay.
Speaker 4: I think the one thing that I know about you is that you're getting your PhD.
Speaker 6: Yes in what I'm doing it at policy and human development, So looking at the ways that students learn math, looking at conceptualization and wellness. How do people care for themselves in the contexts of schools? How do schools influence our conceptualization of wellness?
Speaker 4: WHOA, that is such a cool thing to be studying and moving into the world with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you're a writer. I really respect that. Do you ever write poetry anything?
Speaker 5: Like? Creative?
Speaker 4: Mainly poetry?
Speaker 5: Actually mainly poetry. Okay, let me hear poetry.
Speaker 4: The job that I have, it's like I started off as like creative director and producer and then they were like, actually, just kidding, we're pivoting and we want you to host the show. And I was like, okay, yeah, it's I mean, it's kind of just everything like I can't do like the monotony of like the same exact job every single day. Like having the ebb and flow of like being able to be creative in different ways is exciting to me. Are you like a spiritual person? Like you seem very grounded and collected.
Speaker 6: It's taken a long time to get there, to be honest, but I'm very spiritual yet, and I don't know if you believe in the horsecopes thing.
Speaker 5: But I'm an aries. I'm a fire sign.
Speaker 4: I love aries, and I do I'm very into it.
Speaker 5: Have you read an me Joe Despencer?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, no, I have one of his books. I haven't gotten around to it yet. But which one.
Speaker 5: Bringing the Habit of being yourself?
Speaker 4: Breaking the habit of being I don't think it's that one, but I'm going to write it down.
Speaker 5: He probably has a bunch.
Speaker 6: But when he talks about quantum physics, about us being energy, frequency.
Speaker 4: Vibration, that is my love language.
Speaker 5: I love language for sure.
Speaker 4: I love those quantum particles.
Speaker 2: I love that love.
Speaker 4: I love the they're valuable. I love that they change when we observe them.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, no.
Speaker 4: I love that. That's something that like, you're into and you're excited about.
Speaker 5: So what makes you curious about that?
Speaker 4: I have just always been really enamored with the universe and deeply intimated. I don't I don't know. I don't even know where. Actually I think it was the Stargate documents. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 6: I'm so excited that I can learn from you.
Speaker 4: Because you're asking me so many questions, which is lovely and I love that, but.
Speaker 5: Also yeah, that's right. I mean I feel like.
Speaker 4: I will just like Gab and gab and Gab like I will just keep.
Speaker 5: Talking to you know.
Speaker 6: And it's funny because you mentioned, well, I asked about the curiosity about the universe, so for you to be curious about it, to move into that space consciousness, et cetera. I respect that and it tells me a lot more about you than anything else could.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited that we're like so aligned.
Speaker 1: Well wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 2: I hope those sweeties hit it off.
Speaker 3: Find us back here next week as Leanna and I make some more matches.
Speaker 1: Good work today, Ali, Oh, we did good. I like what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Date Maaori.
Speaker 3: The First is a production from w V Sound and I Heart Media as my Utura podcast network, hosted by me Vico Ortiz, joined by the Fabulous Lenna Montenegro Bait ma Auri. The First is produced by Leo Clem, Nico Raguel, and Sophie Spencer Zavos. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valderrama, Leo Clem, and Nico Raguel w V Sound. This episode was edited by Sean Tracy and additional help from producer Danielle Koneg and features original music.
Speaker 2: By Alva Morello and Gabe Lopez. Special things also to our hopeful romantics.
Speaker 3: This week, Giovanni, Anusia, Christine and Jess.
Speaker 2: Additional thanks to Salt and Line Media.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: See you next week and in the meantime, don't do anything Awalita wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: Just do it better. Besitos