Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news taking a look at shares of Robin Hood's slightly lower on the day the fintech platforms in a year over year decline in crypto trading volume offset by record results in its options and prediction markets business. You put it all together, you still had a clean beat on both the top and the bottom lines, but a lot of questions about growth going forward. Who better to pose those questions to than the chairman and CEO hand co founder of Robinhood, Lad ten.
Speaker 2: I great to see if Lad pleasure me true.
Speaker 1: The numbers are decent. I mean, let's ignore, for example, the one and a half percent drop you're seeing in the shares here. I want to talk about growth and where the next leg of growth comes. You had a huge bump up and growth in the prediction markets business. I understand it's a new business, so obviously the growth would be there. Was that just sort of one off in terms of the growth because of the World Cup and all the other things that have been going on in the world, or is that sustainable?
Speaker 2: Prediction Markets has been growing consistently since launch. It's the fastest growing business in our history, well into the mid hundreds of millions of annualized revenue. So that's been strong and we expect it to continue to be strong. We have football season on the sports side coming up, as well as the midterms, which, if you remember the origin of prediction markets and this current supercycle, it really started with the twenty twenty four election, so we're expecting that this election is similarly going to be a big event. But you know, also one of the stories of the quarter, Robinhood has begun to diversify, and that's accelerated over time. We now have thirteen business lines generating over one hundred million in annualized revenue, including Robinhood Legend, which is our pro trading platform, as well as the Robinhood credit card.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm curious about, I mean, because yes, it is incredibly diversified now, but when we look at certain growths, I mean, some people are wondering, does the prediction market become sort of one of the bigger parts of this business over time or is your goal to try to keep at least some of the main components of those thirteen lines relatively in balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The way we do our business planning is we have general managers that are running running relatively autonomous business units, and you give.
Speaker 1: Them a lot of freedom to just well their.
Speaker 2: Goal to make their businesses as big as possible and when in market share across each of these So our goal is to be number one in all categories that we offer products to customers. And in fact there's a flywheel in effect, and it's it's actually continuing to expand we get more customers. Those customers bring more assets onto the platform and they become Gold subscribers. They use more of our products, which gives them an opportunity to deploy their assets across all sorts of different areas. Retirement, they can spend with our car products, they can earn a high rate, including on our FDIC insured deposits sweep. Also our Robinhood earn crypto backed product which offers seven percent apy that's been growing really quickly. So we have all these things that we enable you to put your money to work, and then those in turn bring in more customers. And now we also have advisors, So we have advisors joining the network. You can get a human advisor on Robinhood to help give you even more personalized guidance. The more advisors we bring on that in turn feeds the flywheel and over time increases the number of customers.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of customers, you have now seven million children about signing up for these Trump accounts. When do you anticipate that actually translates to more regular Robinhood users? I mean, not the baby that just got the account, but maybe they're family members a parent here. When does that actually contribute to more users?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, remember the Trump accounts just launch earlier this month on July fourth, and it's been Secretary Beson called it the most successful program launch in government history. And what happens is, given the tremendous success of the program, there's more and more things to build. We're growing it bigger and bigger. Donors are coming up, So I think this can become the default philanthropic donor solution, and we can collect all of the donors, which bring in more assets to the platform because it gives a direct option for charitable giving. We're getting the employers on board. A lot of employers, including Robinhood and many other companies, are giving to the Trump accounts of their employees who are having children. And over time, we expect to go from seven million children signed up to closer to the seventy million in the addressable market. And you know, as the kids grow, when they turn eighteen, these rollover into traditional retirement accounts. So it's a long term play, but yeah, we believe it. It's probably the most important thing we could be doing for the future of the country.
Speaker 1: I do want to ask about one of your other lines of business, the Robinhood chain. I mean, we said in the intro the crypto business was down in the most recent quarter. You're building out a business that's effectively kind of built on the back of sort of a crypto technology. Is this sort of a play towards not just crypto long term but tokenization. Give me some sense here as to what you actually want this business to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so tokenization is one of the areas that we're a leader in. And the idea is when you say crypto is down, really a lot of that is just talking about the trading of crypto assets. But our view is that the future of crypto is that it becomes the infrastructure layer among trading all kinds of assets, including real world assets. You know, even though we're fans of memes, we also like real world assets. Yeah, and so what we've done is tokenized stocks, put them on chain through our stock Tokens product, and making them available to over one hundred and twenty countries around the world. We also have a stable coin lending product which allows customers to earn seven percent API, and that's up to two hundred million in balances in just a short number of weeks. And so even the crypto business line, if you look at it, is diversifying. There's now lending revenue, there's assets revenue, there's chain sequencer revenue from Robinhood chain. So you'll see that get more diversified and less reliant on the day to day price of bitcoin, for example, the market volatilty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolute, because it's happening. Ten OF, great to see you, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to be here in person. Thanks you much.
Speaker 3: That's ten OF, Chairman and CEO of Robinhood