Speaker 1: Good morning, Swirl and welcome to the Not Dunks Podcast presented by Fan Duels, Monday, August tenth, twenty twenty six. I'm Jay Skis here in the Classic Factory and alongside me as always tas Mellis.
Speaker 2: Podcast listeners, this is for you.
Speaker 1: Next to him, it's my top shot O, Trey Kirby, Heyo, and over yonder right over there making the magic happen.
Speaker 2: Super producer Jad there is here. We are.
Speaker 1: Hello to everybody joining us live right now. Hit the light button, subscribe, share the show podcast listeners, five star ratings and reviews. On today's show, we have some fun drafting some potential breakout players for the twenty six twenty seven season, which, by the way, I just saw the NBA sharing on their socials they're going to start announcing the NBA schedule tomorrow morning on Good Morning America and the Today Show.
Speaker 2: I guess they're going to.
Speaker 1: Tease us with some of the big games on those shows and then we'll get the rest of it this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing. Yeah, Christmas, here's one game. Yeah, you know it's gonna be a real teaser.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hold on, hold on, they can't do that type of team, just one of the Christmas Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh so, yeah, we'll get that this week.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, a fairly quiet weekend NBA news worthy unfortunate news. On Sunday, legendary NBA coach Don Nelson died over the weekend. He was eighty six years old. Nelson won five titles as a player for the Boston Celtics and as a coach well. He pioneered a style of basketball called Nelly Ball. It was named after him, you know, favoring fast paced, smaller players just outrun the opponent's very entertaining basketball. Second winningest coach in league history only Popovich with more wins. Tributes you saw rushed in former players, colleagues, teams, executives for Nelly. Your reaction to Don Nelson gone at eighty six years.
Speaker 3: Old, Yeah, sad news for sure. A guy that has been a part of the NBA as long as we've known and watched the NBA for us, he's obviously a coach and one of the most innovative coaches there has ever been retired as the all time winning his coach in NBA history. But like you're saying, he came up with Nelly Ball, kind of invented small ball. He invented the small forward or a point forward position. I couldn't believe this looking at his Wikipedia page. He invented hack a sheck. He was the first guy to hack a sheck. Back in the nineties. He was the coach of that We Believe Warriors, who were one of the first upset teams. He even helped the Golden State Warriors pick Steph Curry. So the influence of Don Nelson just continues even though he's passed on. The other things I think of, of course, are his fish tie m like that was the first.
Speaker 2: Thing I thought him about.
Speaker 3: Somebody else ever wear a fish child, but he had several of them. And then of course his post retirement weed farm, where were a host poker games with Willie Nelson, Woody Harrelson and Owen Wilson. Seems like an awesome life this guy had.
Speaker 2: Yes, for sure. Yeah, light one up for Don. Yeah. Whether whether it's a cigar, which he did, you know in his coaching days, or the weed as he said, that's post coach career. He made that specifically clear when he was on that press conference with Steven Jackson and Cory mcghetty, I remember the Golden State Warriors, which was which was great. The guy is a real one man. I went back and just watched him in his press conference just last year. He was eighty five years old when he accepted that Chuck Daily Lifetime Achievement Award during the NBA Finals, and he just told like it is. He said, I'm wearing Luka Dancic's shoes here to protest that trade. What a dumb trade was you traded away that guy? He's got stories four days as trade kind of brought up the one about I heard from Mark Stein who asked him before he drafted Dirk Noviski, you're gonna draft Dirk Noviski? He said, no, that guy was crushed in his workout by Dan Gadd's reach. There's no way I can draft him. Then he drafted him. Then Stein asked him, Hey, what was that all about. He goes, well, you can never trust me before the draft. You never trust anyone. And that's a word of wisdom for everybody going into the draft. Never trust anybody before the draft screens. But yes, just go watch Don Nelson stuff. He's an incredible person.
Speaker 1: So he coached the Bucks, coached the Warriors, twice. He did coach the Knicks. That was a very short stint.
Speaker 2: That one didn't go well.
Speaker 1: Obviously, coached the Mavericks there with Dirk and Steve Nash and that great team Coach of the Year three times, eighty three, eighty five, ninety two. He made the playoffs a whole bunch of times, I think eighteen times total, won a bunch of division titles. Now he unfortunately never coached actually in the finals. He had a really good Bucks team or two, and then made the conference finals for sure with the Mavericks. I think they follow the Spurs coach dream team two. I had completely forgotten about to the ninety four World Championships, and he was inducted into the Hall of Fame in twenty twelve. But you said it, Trey, I mean he like, this guy revolutionized basketball for a couple of the things you said. He invented the point forward. He obviously was pretty instrumental in the stretch for when it came to Dirk. He leaned into small ball, the space and pace, using the three point shot as an absolute weapon in this league.
Speaker 2: And he was.
Speaker 1: Sort of like a couple steps ahead of many other franchises when it came to international scouting as well, so he sort of at the forefront of that just saw the game differently and challenged convention, which was pretty cool and also just seemed like the coolest hang of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're old en after, you're like, oh, yeah, he actually was a great basketball player as five titles. Yeah, with the Celtics back in the sixties and seventies. That was the first thing my dad said, one of the most unique free throw styles in NBA history. Looks like a kid shooting a free throw, shoots at one handed and jumps, but somehow shot seventy five percent at the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's guys that.
Speaker 3: Brick away shooting proper style. But you could go to the Hall of Fame if you actually do what works.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love seeing him in that Celtics uniform number nineteen with just one hand on the ball and so much separation and he gets he got down so low. Oh yeah, Jerry Steck has a squad for sure. It was but he was ahead of his time obviously, as he was even when he last year when he was talking about today's modern era and they were asking him, how do you like it in comparison. Yeah, this is this is awesome. This is what I foresaw when I was with the Boston Celtics. You know, he didn't take credit for that by any means. That's not the kind of guy he was. But it fits. It really fits, is his style of ball.
Speaker 1: And again like so well, like so generous, open minded, you had all these like legends.
Speaker 2: Let's call it. There are legends in Steph.
Speaker 1: Obviously, current players still Nash, Dirk like everybody I saw like on social media jumping in and and you know, sharing their thoughts on how much he John Nelson meant to them in their career. A lot of these guys are like, yeah, you basically made helped make me who I was.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Steph Curry became a two time MVP, was drafted by Don Nelson. Steve Nash became a two time MVP. He told the Dallas Mavericks, don't let this guy to get away, and Dirk Noavisky became an MVP, and he said, go stand by the three point line and let a fly, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Last year when he was talking about Steve Nash leaving the Dallas Mavericks, he said, that's where I got into my scrap and we never were able to settle it between myself and Mark Cuban because he let Steve Nash go and in that instance he told like it was cubes, don't let this guy go. Big mistake.
Speaker 1: Another favorite story was Nick Van Exell on social media saying he was like the one coach who would get upset with me if I didn't shoot.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, I'll pull your ass if you don't shoot.
Speaker 1: The opposite right, like a coach is gonna be like, all right, too many shots, take another bat shot and taking it off. It's like don Nelson, he looked at it completely differently. You gotta play free, you gotta have confidence, let it rip. Stuff like that, obviously focusing on the offensive. So don Nelson gone at eighty six years old. Hall of Famer Don Nelson in the Hall of Fame for coaching. But yeah, five titles with the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Not bad either. Number retired by the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 1: Other news from the weekend, I just want to give you a whole bunch because again, not all that exciting. But we still have multiple teams in theory pursuing Peyton Watson, including the Hawks, Clippers, Bucks, and Calves. The Pistons remain the favorite to sign Jalen Durhan, but two sides are at an impass and they've been told, or we've been told, it might take a couple months here. The Lakers are still interested in Jonathan Kaminga. James Harden is still on track for a multi year deal with the Calves. DeMar de Rosen has drawn interest from a bunch of teams, Heat, Nuggets, Wizards, Caves as well, and then the latest one. I guess Ben Simmons is generating interest from several teams, so he might get like a camp inviter to here. And you won't believe this. I saw a photo of Ben Simmons without a shirt on looking checked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went and change a thing about his NBA career.
Speaker 2: I would, yeah, and he might.
Speaker 1: He might that statement he might try I don't know, try not tryout, but might be a part of the Australian team. Yeah, which is you know, he has not been involved with at all from what I can remember, for a very long time, so that has some eyebrows being raised.
Speaker 2: That's all the news, and he doesn't regret that. I mean, the whole relationship there, although that's not part of his NBA career. Maybe that's separate, but yeah, very odd. The whole Payton Watson thing very interesting because the Denver Nuggets are the only team in the second apron of all the teams, a team that's criticized for not paying guys a lot. So it's very interesting to see if they were just are able to reel him in, like it's Ben Simmons reeling in a fish based on what their salaries are, because they've got to do something otherwise if they do bring him back, but it could be him that ends up somewhere else. So that's a very interesting scenario to me, books wise and talent wise. That guy is very important to that team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think we need to do it again here today because we've talked a lot about Peyton Watson and we'll just wait for more news there. But get that sort of in front of everyone. He could be a guy that might be drafted in our breakout players draft here. Let's get to this. We're doing four rounds, so we're drafting twelve players in total of potential breakout players for this coming season. Trivia question to decide who gets to go first here. I think I came up with a fun one here. You guys will go back and forth. It'll be one of these trivia questions where I need you to name the ten. There's ten in total most Improved Player Award winners who were born outside the US. Okay, so international most Improved Player winners.
Speaker 2: And I'll say this right now. What's fun about.
Speaker 1: This is there's the tenth. One is a bit of a oh you sly skeets. But there's nine real legit international guys, but no duplicate countries.
Speaker 2: No duke. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So maybe that's a little a little hint there for you. Task you start first here, give me an international mi I P winner.
Speaker 2: It's good you're starting with me because once upon a time people thought that he Turgu look like me. So yes, turkey A there you go, one down, lots to go.
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna say him the way you were preambling janis antokumpo.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, it's funny. Yeah, that's a good one. I've Yeah, sometimes you forget about how many awards you understanding. Goobo won CJ McCall, My god, he's America task.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's American trade back to you to get the way.
Speaker 2: Just give me one more.
Speaker 3: I'll take Dyson Daniels and Nikhil Alexander.
Speaker 2: W Yeah, and two local busy thinking of the Greeks and the Turks fighting.
Speaker 1: Can you get just for fun? Can you give me any others? Yes, Cameroon, thank you nice. You've got four sort of five left. Victor States. Yes, he was born not a not on the list here. And there's one guy who represented US basketball and international hoops was who was born in Lebanon. This was the the tenth one born outside of the US that I would have didn't think. You gotta go way back. You got to get on the twos honey cyclis. But four other you know, gettable ones, gettable ones. I don't want to give you the countries. I think you'll get them right away. But I will think. I think, I think very cold northern countries.
Speaker 2: Marketing. There you go, there we go.
Speaker 1: Now we're getting back to the earlier some of the you know, earlier days.
Speaker 2: I guess these are some.
Speaker 1: Maybe these are probably nine's at least one of them is Romania.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one. He's a big.
Speaker 1: Yes, he did gotta remember, most Improved used to go to weird guys, not now, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: This guy was an NBA champion though from France.
Speaker 3: This guy was an NBA champion from France.
Speaker 1: Michael Piatrice much better, much better, not that good, but this guy loved coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my final one.
Speaker 1: He had a brother with a damn near identical name in the league, Seth Curry. No, but it's like it's like that Seth and stuff, very similar to that from Slovenia. You got them all, We eventually got them all there.
Speaker 2: There, that's all right, that's all right, just thinking time was Yeah, countries, that's countries. Ain't easy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Trey has the number one pick here in our Potential Breakout Players draft. Now, I think it's important to note, I mean I had a trivia question about most Improved. Doesn't mean we're trying to find like first year All Stars or like the next MIP though it can. I think there's overlap. But you can go wherever you want with whatever your definition will be of a potential breakout player.
Speaker 3: T K all right, I'm gonna go with the guy who I think very well could make his first All Star game.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 3: Definitely could be an MIP candidate as well. Now that I'm thinking about it, give me Brandon Miller from Hornets, because I look at the Hornets now and I think, are they Brandon Miller's team or are they Conker Nipples team. I kind of think time will tell. The only thing we do know, not LaMelo Balls team right now. I'm a little encouraged though, that Brandon Miller was actually good in the play in games that the Hornets had last season twenty three, five and five, hit five threes against the Heat, and then when the Hornets got womped by the Magic at least fourteen points at four breeze. That's better than basically anybody else on the Hornets, I can say. I guess LaMelo actually played pretty well. I think LaMelo and Miles Bridges were both solid in both of these games, and they're both out gone. But I look at the Hornets now twenty seven and eleven last season, when Brandon Miller scored twenty or more, of the question for me is can he be a playmaker for this team? Because the Hornets were great offensively last year top five in offense, but that was with LaMelo creating a ton of the looks. Brandon Miller was much more efficient when Ball was on the court, put up bigger counting numbers, at least when LaMelo was out. So I look at Brandon Miller as a guy who's currently extension eligible. They'll probably do a deal, I assume before the start of the season, or maybe they say go into restricted free agency next year and he's going to try and go for a gigantic max contract. But I'm in general think Brandon Miller is a good player. I think he steps into the number one responsibility guy this year. So that screams breakout to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had one my short list. He was in the running some hesitation just with yeah, adding to his game, he's a score, He's this guy can score.
Speaker 2: But like is he is? Does he have Mortos game? Or is he gonna turn? Is he like RJ? Barrett?
Speaker 1: And sort of that regard and that story where he plateau is probably not because he's so young. Here still what he's like twenty three, twenty four, So going into his fourth.
Speaker 2: Year, it's a good pick.
Speaker 1: Definitely a potential first time all start if the Hornets are obviously still good even without LaMelo Ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was wondering just what happens out there with the dynamic, But I think Charles Lee as a head coach will make sure everybody fires away and strictly that just let him fly. They got a lot of shooters they do, they do, and they love the guards getting space, whether it's them picking and getting out there and firing away. So I think Brandon Miller would be part of that. He's just gonna be part of that. He's gonna shoot. But as you said, the shooters they've added now Grace and Allen coming into with that trade from Milesbridge is there. They're gonna fire, so they're gonna score a lot, and I guess that's what other teams are going to scout them as this team that's just going to shoot against This is going.
Speaker 3: To be a bombs away team because it's Grayson, Allen, Royce, O'Neill and nas Reed were the three guys that they brought in that's even more shooting than they're losing with Bridges and Ball going out. So I think they're still going to be a potent offensive team. But they were kind of middle of the pack last year and assists, and that's with LaMelo being a passer. I don't know that they have a playmaker like that on the roster this year unless Miller shows us something that he hasn't really flashed so far in his game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the biggest question. Who is running the point? I mean, who's running every single possession there?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're hoping it's Kobe White for the most party in Knipple's hands a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Brandon.
Speaker 1: Miller off the board.
Speaker 2: Where are you going? That's a fun one, fun one to take a guy who's got strictly a bigger role. And that's why I'll stick. Trey always influenced me with the first pick after I make a mistake in the trivia with the angle he goes, I'm going with Colin Mury Boyles of the Toronto Raptors because he's going to get a bigger role. In the regular season, he didn't have that at all. He played only fifty seven games and just twenty two minutes per game, and then became a huge player, you know, both physically and strategically in the offseason or in the postseason for them. He was so good playing twenty seve minutes game. I think he's going to get up to thirty minutes as they push him to do more. Will he start for Yaka Pearl. Probably not, but at the same time, because they know the limits that Yaka Pearl has culin Murray Boyles and his very, very variety of a type of game he plays is going to be out there. He's known for defense. Of course, he's good at guarding perimeter guys, but he showed he can guard big guys as well. But his skills of passing out being able to shoot a little bit the push shot. I think he's gonna actually run pick and rolls himself or he's the ball handler and also the picksetter as well. I think at times we're going to see this guy be the second best player that we know on this team behind Scottie Barnes. Now is Kawhi Leon are going to join the team maybe, But sometimes you're gonna watch games, are gonna say, well, this guy played thirty minutes a game, he had more of a factor, played more of a factor than RJ. Barrett, or played more of a factor than Manual. Quickly, he's gonna be that good and I think he's going to be pushed to do that as he has been in the offseason, he's gonna be awesome. I think he's gonna be really really good. He is, you know, small ball center at a perfect time in his career. I think it just fits with what's going on in the NBA. So I think he's gonna be really really good.
Speaker 1: I just wonder if he's still gonna be limited a little bit because of Partle being there. Yeah, if he's if Partle's healthy, I mean he purtle will start if he's healthy, and I think that's fine. But you're right, he'll end games. And he was awesome in the postseason. Yeah, I just wonder, numbers wise, are they gonna.
Speaker 2: Pomp last year in the playoffs he was fourteen and six, fourteen point four, six point four boards, one steal, and a block. They were really really good numbers in comparison to what he did in his regular season. Yeah. Sometimes I look at these breakout players and I look at the stats and say, WHOA. People are going to look at stats of the first record he isn't compared to the second, and they're going to be a jump because Yakaperl just physically can't do all that much anymore. Will he be able to play even you know, seventy games, and I think the fact that Calmary Bow is going to play way more a guy who was questioned when he was drafted does he want to go to the team as he's saying, oh no, I don't want to go to that team when he was drafted at the table there, I think he's just going to be super pumped for his new role.
Speaker 1: I like it CMB. I'm going to take Peyton Pritchard from CMB to PP. I'll take him because of the whole Jalen Brown not being there.
Speaker 2: And I think the.
Speaker 1: Bust and Celtics themselves are banking on the idea of like, all right, more opportunity, more chance for Peyton Pritchard to sort of to shine here. And he was awesome when there was no jail In Brown. Now the smallest of sample sizes of something like ten games last year, but the numbers are like twenty five, seven and five basically like Jamal Murray, like numbers from Pritchard there again when there was no Jalen Brown. And he's not there now, So you know, I think Tom Haberstro is like, oh, they probably see the potential of like like with Peyton Pritchard when Jalen Brunson sort of got his own team and wasn't under the sort of umbrella of Luka Doncics. Now, I think that's a stretch just how they played. JB can still put a lot of force on a defense and get it to the line. Pritchard has not shown that he can do that. But the guy can shoot, the guy can score, and looks like a very competent starter, obviously getting a lot more starter opportunities last year, so I think his numbers are gonna bump up quite a bit, will he I think he could be in an All Star conversation if he hits the twenty plus plateau and is right there with Tatum as the best player on the team, he'll be in the mix. But I think his number is just with the opportunity alone where he's at. He's an older guy here. I'm selecting too. He's in his prime, so I feel like he knows his identity here, so I'll go Prichard.
Speaker 3: He seems like he's in the exact same situation to me that he was last year, because there was no Jason Tatum last year, but there was Jalen Brown last year. Year, started fifty games, and his numbers were almost identical to when he was coming off to the bench. It's pretty crazy, But I love Pritchard's game. I think he's one of the best one on one players in the league. I do wonder who the second All Star would ever be on the Celtics, because Celtics fans wanted to be Derek White. Like ary Tella knew, this guy is an analytics darling. But Peyton pritcherll' is the guy who could maybe average twenty a game. I doubt that's the case. He was at seventeen last year after coming off a six Man of the Year, But I think he's a fun player to watch and when he's hot, like he's one of the best on fire guys.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah for sure. Yeah. The the description of him that game the best, one of the best one on one players, it's totally true. When you see him get going, he is so so good. Maybe they hope that their wings can take another step up unlike last year. I mean their wings were fine in Baylor Shireman and you're hugoes coming off the bench and those guys, So maybe they hope that can happen for Peyton Prichard. But the numbers, yeah, I think will be pretty similar in comparison to last year.
Speaker 1: I think he could average twenty a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's easily could average a twenty a game. But he's gonna be Yeah, he's not. They're not gonna go down. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty confident with that. And like you said, what was seventeen he was seventeen a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's gonna be flirting with twenty in this league.
Speaker 1: So many guys get there, and he's gonna there's Again, I think it's part of the equation with obviously the trading of Jayleen Brown and all that, what they see in him and these other guys to sort of step into a bigger role and they had success. I mean they look, they racked up a ton of wins when JB wasn't there. Now, I'm not one of those saying get rid of JB and you're gonna be better. No, I do not believe that at all. But he is good and I think there's still one more level for him to go to, and that'll be his best chance, let's say, at an All Star season here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's the chance that Jason Tatum plays fewer games than Jalen Brown did last year, and there's a good chance that he takes a step back and Payne Pertan has to step up more. And I didn't even mention Paul George as a support player, which is good for their wings, but also will he be healthy and not taking drugs are not allowed to take, So there's there's that part of it. But yeah, Peyton Pritchard a fun player to watch, no doubt. All Right, round two back to UK. I don't know if this is going to be allowed. Can Cooper Flag be a breakout player?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you asked because I was going between Cooper and Pritchard and I was like, yeah, yeah, absolutely, yeah, because he's gonna probably be an All Star.
Speaker 2: Hes gonna h maybe maybe he's I think he will.
Speaker 3: He will be in the All Star snub conversation this year, I think for Cooper. Flag doesn't turn twenty until December, still a teenager right now. After the All Star Game last year, he averaged twenty two seven to five with a block and a steal per game. Unfortunately, he still couldn't shoot. That was the thing.
Speaker 2: We're away. It was horrible.
Speaker 3: It's going to ever come around for him to shoot forty four percent from the field in the second half of the season, twenty eight from three, but eighty three percent of the free throw line. He can shoot the ball, and it's not surprising to see a first year player struggle to adjust to the different line. So I'm interested to see if he can get closer to, like, you know, between thirty three and thirty five. But the main thing for me with Cooper is not only is a year two, He's gonna be playing on a much better team this season. He's gonna be upgrading from Max Christy and Brandon Williams to Kyrie and other veteran players. Like his most used teammate last year was Max Christy, and I'm a Max Christie fan, But it's not the same as Kyrie irving out there. So he's going to be better. I think the team is going to be better. They're coming into this year a completely new era in Dallas. The swing is going to be can he shoot the ball? If he's like thirty five percent from three, we're gonna be talking about a guy who's like a top fifteen to ten player in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the jump shot is the swing skill here. Or the three point shot. I guess more specifically because I couldn't believe that you said the numbers after the All Star break, and that was despite him he hit like eight total three pointers in March. He was really bad from three in that month, and it ticked up a little bit. But the guy's already probably top twenty five in the league when it comes to like transition scoring, putting pressure on the rim. And he's still a rookie. I mean, excuse me, it's still a teenager. He's talented defensively too, both on and off the ball. I think he'll be in the definitely in an All Star conversation here only in year two, just like Wemby, right, it was not the playbook from Wemby, so I liked it. I have no problem him being selected here excellently.
Speaker 2: You got no problem with it either. I think he'll have a problem with Kyrie Irving doesn't play basketball because he is coming back from his injury, and she he should be playing, but we don't want it to start like last year for Cooper Flag where he didn't have a point guard beside him, and they tried the Brandon Williams experiment and all that but hopefully Kyrie's out there just to literally be able to beat Kyrie Irving and take some of the burden off Cooper Flag. Because the guys that they tried to get around Cooper Flag, you know, you're Zachary resa Ches and you're b beovich Is. They're fine players, but yeah they're not Kyrie Irving. But hopefully even you're one to year two, he's just better in March something he's never had to do, play that games and have that much on his shoulder. So k Kyrie's really key to me.
Speaker 3: It's also funny because they did start him at point guard last year. It was bad, they moved him off, they started playing Brandon Williams, and then by the end of the year he was at their point guard again, and guess what he was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he's not going to play one hundred percent of his minutes with Kyrie, but those minutes are going to look good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they will. New coach too there in Dallas. Keep forgetting kids out with Dusty May.
Speaker 3: Everything's new there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. I sigh the whole thing. All right, Cooper gone, where are you going? Oh right, I'm not going up with such a big name I went smaller in terms of name, but I think Kobe Sanders is going to be really good for the Los Angeles Clippers. Okay, deep cut, he's good. He's going to his second year. He's a big wing, modern day player. He could play for Masai Shieri in Dallas because he's that type of wing. But with the Clippers, I think he's going to take it to the next level here in year two. He's twenty four years old. Forget about that, because he's I forget that he's a five year college player. But he can really shoot it. We saw it last year as a catch and shoot guy. He really just let everybody else create, and that'll still be a thing with Darius Garland being the guy at forty three. Okay, those are gonna be good. But over his over half his shots were threes. He didn't put the ball on the floor. Tom, but you can see that's already developed. He's a combo guard. Really, he can put it on the floor. So I think that will just develop here in year two, no matter who's there, if it's Kuhy or Brandon Ingram, I think he'll be able to be a secondary creator. Twenty four years old, again, big wing who can defend Kobe Sanders numbers going to take a big jump. I think that's just a natural thing. I think that Tylu is going to push him to create more instead of just standing and catching and shooting. As I said, you know, it's not quite Duncan Robinson type of number of threes, but over half is going to change this year. And when he does shoot it from three, he's a really good shooter. If he needs to catch and shoot, numbers are really good. They're all good. Kobe Sanders moving on up. I had Jordan.
Speaker 1: Miller from the Clippers as a possibility it cause, but I don't mind the Kobe Sanders.
Speaker 3: I couldn't decide who to pick either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think Jordan.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a Jordan Miller guy. I think he's got a better bag. But you're right, Uh, Kobe Sanders can shoot. There's just a lot of guards on the Clippers now, a lot of guys who have the ball, So it was hard to decide.
Speaker 2: It's who Tyler trust. I think to play more and and be a part of the starters. Even so, I think Kobe gets it over Jordan Miller. For me, Jordan Miller is coming off the bench, Kobe could start both both great names.
Speaker 3: Who are they going to start though, Garlis for sure. I imagine Chris Dunn will probably be next to him as the starter for defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then drafted a point guard at number five.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also Benedicte Mathern is still restricted.
Speaker 3: Ingram has the ball a ton if he actually gets just a lot of guys that are here now.
Speaker 2: And Derek Jones Junior too if they want to go that road again. Yeah, Ton, All.
Speaker 1: Right, I have the I guess our sixth total pick here? Where do I go? Do I go with a deep pull here or do I keep it more simple?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if you took Cooper.
Speaker 1: Flag, then it's only right that I get to take Dylan Harper here for the San Antonio Spurs. But you could debate between Castle and Harper, and maybe both will be selected here in our draft. But I'll go with the with Dylan Harper, who we saw at times in playoff series or at least in games where we're like, my good, is he the best player out on the court right now? There were instances and he was on a floor not only with Wee mien Yama and Castle and even Fox, but all whoever was on the other side, and there were moments where you're like, this guy is the real deal. I think the only hesitation is, like classic Spurs, how much do they slow play him in terms of just unleashing him, because that's sort of that they don't like to do that, right, what do you play like? He played like twenty minutes a game during the regular season, but then got much more of an opportunity of times with the Fox injury and stuff like that in the postseason. But I'll bank on this guy blossoming into a star here and not even the Spurs know this. He's got get more more opportunity, whether it's the three guard lineup or not. And you never know, maybe an injury hurts a Castle or a Fox and you just step into that role even more. But I'll take Dylan Harper in confidence in him blossoming even more.
Speaker 2: It's hard to argue Dylan Harper being better than he was to see rookie like that do it in the playoffs. There just weren't many rookies out there doing it. Culin Murray Boyles gets to join the gets to join the crew a little different in the first round versus Yeah. Yeah, yeah, listen, how many there weren't very many, Rush It's very rare for a rookie to have that impact. Yeah. So yeah, Well, Dylan Harper, he's he's there in France, along with Daron Fox, along with you know, Wemby brought them all there. So I think Daron Fox is going to be back part of the team. I mean, that's a big question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody would trade for him right now. Of course he's going to be back. This is the biggest competitent to Dylan Harper is that Darren Darren Fox is making fifty million dollars this year, so he's going to have to play. Even though we've all seen that Dylan Harper is probably better than dearon Fox's for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Spurs want to trade deer and Fox though, No, I agree they want to bring him back.
Speaker 3: They want him to prove that the postseason was injury problems. We're contributing to his play, but him playing just means you're keeping Harper off the court. I'm sorry, everybody wants Harper over Fox at this point, Spurs included. I would say I probably would rather start Harper, but they did the deal for Fox, you know, yeah, I think Harper's better than Castle too, So it's not just Fox that it's out there. There's two guys in his way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see how many guard lineups they play. As you said there the three guard line.
Speaker 3: Play three guards when you got a seven five guy back there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, and Obi want to Toby ISAs Harris. He's he's a bigger four that they have there. It's just a fun time. You know, it comes August every NBA season where the name's got to get super creative. You just get a little bit more great. But Tobias Harris is a bigger four. And so yeah, that's a weird one. That's a weird one to say. You know, I thought about it as an Obi No, I'll forget, I'll stop. But yeah, the interesting the guard lineups are interesting.
Speaker 1: Did you did any of you have Castle on your list here? And no I did not, not as a as a breakout player. I mean that he definitely could be a potential first time all start right absolutely with that. You know, you know, you want him to shore up some things in terms of turning the ball over and stuff like that. But it also did as the postseason went on, So I think I had Castle in the mixtpage around going Harper, I won't overthink it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could easily be a sort of a thunder situation with San Antonio where you throw in a second player along with Shay Gilgess, Alexander or along with Victor Webbinyama to join the all starts. That's gonna absolutely to happen at some point.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the Spurs will win a lot of regular season games too, uh and probably warrant an All Star too. Okay, third round back to trick her be.
Speaker 3: This guy will not make an All Star team, Okay, Okay, Yeah, I don't think he'll ever make an All Star team in his career.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Ty Jerome from the Memphis Grizzlies only played fifteen games last season, but a I think the Grizzlies are more settled this year than they were last year. I just think Tijerome is legitimately a good player. A small sample size from last season only those fifteen games, but went from nineteen points, three rebounds, five assists on forty seven forty two eighty eight shooting splits better per thirty six numbers than he had when he was in Cleveland. This season, he finished third and sixth Man of the Year voting. He's just so crafty. He makes his wide open three pointers, but he's great at just getting to this floater and he's got really, really good touch. He's on a player option for nine point seven million dollars next season, which means he's playing for a big payday. If he's able to stay healthy, put up some numbers like he did last season, and go into free agency next year, he could easily make more than ten million. I'm thinking because he's just a solid ball handler, a good he's a starter for the Grizzlies. He's going to be like one of their number one options, but he's probably best like as a third guard who's a sometimes starter. Is a sixth man option for you. I just think Ti Jerome gets buckets when he's out there, and the Grizzlies are going to need somebody to score.
Speaker 1: Pair nicely with your Grizzlies over pick from late last week too. You have little confidence in them at least winning what thirty games or being better than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I imagine he does start, even though he would work perfectly as the sixth man as he did for the Cavs as that guy. But they need scoring, as you said, so yeah, I mean Jalen Wells and Scottie Pippen Junior could be your starring backcourt kind of thing. But because he needs to score, it would be a mistake to try and bring him off the bench. Even though Isaiah Stewart wants to bring back the grit and grind Memphis Grizzlies now here. As a member of the Grizzlies, you need scores, and so yeah, I do think he starts, he's gonna score a ton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've always liked Ti Jeromes Well, who doesn't.
Speaker 3: Can't really disagree disliked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's not. When I said to mention, now that I've said GrITT and grind out loud, ty Drome don't fit into that. He is not that kind of player. He's not. He's not grinding.
Speaker 3: According to Basketball Reference, his nickname is Milk, which is pretty funny. But also it's said his middle name is Jeremy, so his name is ty Jeremy Jerome.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: The biggest thing with him is like, can you just play? Can you play more than half a season? He had one full season, right yeah, really third and six man, right right, that was one really really good year and then last year, like he said, fifteen games, you have the one year they missed basically completely other seasons. He's like a half sort of a type of guy.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, they have guards. He used to stay out there. They have Walter Clayton Junior. Is he going to play a lot? We'll see. Dangel Russell's got to be cut at some point. He's not got to play for them. There's no doubt they're gonna buy him out. So there's there's some competition there.
Speaker 1: Hey, competition's good, man, it is good.
Speaker 2: They're you know, they're trying to be a deep team. That's that's that's what the roster is made up of.
Speaker 1: Right now, all right, your pick here, tasks where you going.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the Miami Heat and uh nikolay Jovich is going to bounce back, Wow, bounce back here? Yeah? Why not. He's a very skilled guy. We know that he's a huge wing. He can shoot the ball. Last year that didn't happen. The year before it did. Jannis walked into that Miami Heat locker room, he saw Yovich. She said, it's going to be easy for you this year, that could be true. If Giannis is playing basketball, there's gonna be open shots to be had. Will Yovic be out there shooting them? I don't know. Hark Spolshra didn't trust him last year and so he went to the bench. But this year, along with Bam and Janis and Andrew Wiggins as your star in the front court, I don't know who goes along at that shooting guard spot. Not sure. Davian Mitchell is definitely going to start at the point guard spot. But it's so interesting just how it all bounces around for this Jovic team with with Pelly Larsen or Tim Hardaway as a shooters, Tim Hardaway the main shooter, or Simone Fontecio sort of being out there as a shooter. You could see that being the idea and Yovic, you know, remaining on the bench. But I could see him sort of being a four or five combo with Bobby Portis as your backup bigs. He is six' ten uh and he's got to get better at when he has a guard on, him just to take advantage of. That and he could kind of replicate a little bit of what Haimahak as was for that team when he went To, milwaukee just more of a, Hey i'm going to take over here and take advantage of my situation and score because he can't handle a. Bit SO i see it bounce. BACK i see it bounce back for this GUY. Dvd but with Norm out who went To chicago, though he has the opportunity here right now to be able to score a. Lot so we'll.
Speaker 1: See it's a sneaky pick because like his bar is, very very very.
Speaker 2: Low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah so it's not like he needs to turn into an all star. Player he just needs to be solid rotation. Player it would be a hell of a jump from the DISASTER i would say the last year.
Speaker 3: Was, Yeah unfortunately for, me his contract is looking a little Bit patrick williamsy and that would be the breakout for. Me is do literally? Anything oh, yeah BECAUSE i DON'T i don't know what he's good.
Speaker 2: At you can he can. Shoot last year is very, bad but he can, shoot AND i think he can take advantage of his as a secondary. Playmaker i'm going to go buy you and use my. Height that's. IT i, mean he's not a ball, handler Like i'm taking you taking over a one on one matchup it ain't. Happening but With janni's getting, Attention, bam getting some, attention he can be. There so This miami heat, offensive let's fire it. AROUND i Think jovic can take advantage of that, too Like haikas did last. Year but, yes the contract is and the numbers even very similar To Pat. Williams and that number contract starts this year right, here right, now four years for that, big big. Contract but when he signed it last, year he had improved and so we all, thought, okay four for, sixty not bad if it's you, KNOW i may be. Inflating the number might not be exactly for, sixty but we all, thought, okay that's. Decent but last, year yeah it, was it was really. Bad so he sees that Fellow, european come on, Over, yennis come on over and, say, RIGHT i can play with. You because the best that we've ever seen him probably was when he played For. Serbia he looked, awesome and he's playing with Theokch so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Here we'll SEE i, mean, look the depth chart is obviously much more shallow now after the, trade for you, Honest so he's bumped, up like you're saying in the pecking, Order like it's sort of, like, okay, yeah pro prove why we gave you that deal and the promise we saw or the potential we saw on.
Speaker 2: You SO i hear your thinking. There, Yeah AND i don't think he's gonna be as bad as he was last. Year i'm with you on. That, Yeah sposial trust. Him that's the thing that's most. Worrisome he played seventeen minutes per. Game he didn't play a. Lot, yeah for the, field he was. Bad, Yeah Pat williams is a good definitely good comparison you never want to.
Speaker 3: Hear, Yeah Patrick williams didn't even make my long list for breakout players. HERE i did think About Pella larson, Though, yeah on that album he seems like a. Guy he seems like he's going to be the.
Speaker 2: Default, starter probably at very.
Speaker 3: Least so that's a good. Opportunity, yes but it'd be great for The heat If yovich can do anything this.
Speaker 2: Year, Yeah Pelly larson was a starter for a lot of last. Year he started fifty four games because he's that connector type of, guy and he could start. Again AND i thought the debate was you know him Or Norm powell Starting norm. Powellout it's Probably Pelley larson just to keep keep, it keep it. Flowing he can handle the, ball but could Be yovic too at. Time but At, YOVICH i mean he's so. BIG i think That plasi is probably the guy all right for the ninth.
Speaker 1: Pick, OVERALL i am going to Take wizards. FORWARD i guess he's a guard, forward combo type. Guy Keishan, George i'm going to take him to continue his trajectory, here he'd.
Speaker 2: Be entering his third.
Speaker 1: YEAR i FIGURE i have a vet In, PRITCHARD i have a second year guy In. Harper so give me that classic third year where we've seen players really blossom and sort of level. Up and last, YEAR i mean the numbers were. SOLID i mean nobody was watching The, WIZARDS i get unless you caught The bam game against.
Speaker 2: Them but he.
Speaker 1: Played nearly fifty, games so he was a little injured. THERE i think he had an elbow injury near the end of the. Year fifteen points per, game five, boards five. Assists so he is to, me like Keisch On, george is this classic like sort of just does a little bit of everything really solid as sort of like your fourth or fifth guy, here shot thirty eight percent from deep on about five and a half three point at tens per. Game it's a really good free throw. Shooter he's got a great just. Shot he's very confident in. It needs to see it like uptick like overall from the. Floor but, again fourteen points or fifteen points per, GAME i could see that going. Up now there's all a lot of new guys, there, like how will?
Speaker 2: That how will we work.
Speaker 1: With Trey young And Anthony, davis Who trey AND i talked about probably having a monster couple first months, here whether to set the tone or eventually get moved or whatever for that next contract or final big contract ad he's planned. For BUT i believe In Kishon george from what we've seen here in two years again sort of in the wasteland Of washington where now there's actually a little bit of. Hope there'll be some more EYEBALLS i assume on this team just because of the star, power AND i think people are, gonna you, know casuals or, whatever are gonna be, like, oh who is this guy with you know the crazy? Hair there is guys can. Play So Kishon george is not an all star. Level i'm not saying that by any, means but just improving on the two years we've seen so.
Speaker 3: Far there is going to be less opportunity for him this year because they're going to be bringing in three new starters for The, wizards all of whom are going to have the ball quite a.
Speaker 2: Bit but that's better For Keisha.
Speaker 3: George he is probably a little bit over taxed than this is a good spot for him to be like a bench unit runner and maybe a four option in a starting.
Speaker 2: Lineup i'm with.
Speaker 3: You he can just kind of do a little bit of, everything and that's a solid player to have. Around and now he's going to be playing on a team, that for the first time in his, career is efforting towards winning games and figuring out the right way to play. Together i'm Just i'm literally excited for The wizards this, year at least For november And. December i'll see how it goes after, that but the beginning should be.
Speaker 2: Cool, yeah it was. Interesting you guys said that with The clippers that there's a lot of. Options same thing with The. Wizards it's, like who do you. TAKE i kind of wanted to Take Alex sar as a guy who gets better or his number is going to inflate a. Lot probably not If Anthony davis plays beside, him but there's games Where Anthony davis isn't gonna play And alex r is just that. Good and so it is interesting with how much talent this team, has even besides those three new starters In, Trey Anthony davis and DE. Bonsa, yeah Your Keyshawn george, Is You're Alex, Ars Trey johnson's there's just a lot of guys you can score on this. Team you're. BUBBS i, mean there's gonna be guys who take a back seat and aren't gonna be able to. Score but it is.
Speaker 1: Exciting but that's okay With keisha On Like tray, SAID i think like that's A i don't think he's never going to BE i don't think a twenty five point per game, score but he does all the other, things the solid, Starter he plays defense hard. Enough can't wait to see him again on a team with some promise, here maybe to even sniff a plan or something like. That, LIKE i think he's just gonna get a lot more attention from the rest of the. League oh, yeah because like, again nobody's watching. Him nobody just cares about The. Wizards why would have you yea the last couple of.
Speaker 2: Years, Yeah and that's WHY i had difficulty picking a breakout, player BECAUSE i want those numbers to go. Up you see, It you'll get more. Attention Kishan george to get more, attention Alex aar get more. Attention but When trey's there And AD's, there end to? Bounce is? There how much his number is going to jump? Up how much are his fifteen per game last? Year, Yeah, george can it go up a?
Speaker 1: Lot, yeah but he'll be a classic guy if The wizards maybe impressed people early on or, Whatever like you'll you'll see like twelve other fan bases, going, hey can we trade for Kish On. George he'll be that type of player where we're, Like, wow he'd be awesome in our. System, wow he can do a bit of. Everything SO i think his, yeah he's just his spotlight will get a little brighter. Here AND i do think HE'LL i think the numbers will will tick up. HERE i mean the guys he won't even be he's twenty two to twenty, three turns twenty three next, season like halfway through the, Season So he's still a fairly young.
Speaker 2: Guy all, Right final. Round lots of names, Left.
Speaker 3: Yeah there's a lot of names left in THE. Nba i'm taking a random flyer on a guy THAT i just think is. Good not gonna be a starter for his team this, year BUT i think he'll play More Joan Baron Jay okay love The Minnesota. TIMBERWOLVES i think he's Got gobert level, talent to be quite, honest with a little bit better. Athleticism it's worked out well for him in The minnesota front court with the moves they made during the. Offseason Julius randall's, Gone nasried is. Gone they basically haven't replaced any of their front court, guys so just by the way the personnel shakes, Up, yeah he's gonna have a little bit more, time but also bringing in the best pas that's been on the Timber wolves in The Anthony edwards era And LaMelo.
Speaker 2: Ball that's good for.
Speaker 3: Centers Rudy gobert has a long history of being frustrated about not getting. Passes LaMelo's going to throw your, passes AND i think that some of those will go To Baron. Jay, now the problem for him is That Rudy gobert is a pretty healthy, player like he plays a lot of games for the majority of his, career seventy six games last, Season so there's not a massive opportunity For Baron jay Unless gobert picks up some kind of an. Injury but the size and the springing this and the fact that this is another guy who's still only nineteen years, old there's talent there for.
Speaker 2: Sure it's just.
Speaker 3: Going to be a matter of him having to wait out Go beart's and to his prime before he can assume the number one. Job BUT i think we'll see a lot more of him this.
Speaker 2: SEASON i don't think there's any question he's going to play a time yet WHEN i was read out he's a talented. Player we know that this is only year, two so, yes that's a good. Pick numbers won't be, Amazing, no maybe the block numbers will be, really really good because he's good at time. Blocks he even if he plays eighteen twenty minutes a, game the blocks will be.
Speaker 1: GOOD i saw The wolves are doing uh A paris trip as.
Speaker 2: Well, YEAH i was In. Paris my biggest question was where is you want bear in? Shade BECAUSE i couldn't. Tell, oh is he not in that? Photo he must be right Beside Rudy. Gobert but he doesn't look. Huge maybe it's because he's got a lean. Back But rudy looks a lot taller than. HIM i just didn't know. Him rudy is taller than, YEAH i think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: YEAH i mean he's listed at six. Eleven Bear, Yeah rudy's he's also. Bearon jay is also wearing sunglasses so, well, future so.
Speaker 3: Bright he has to wear shade and higher block percentage Than Rudy. Gobert you have a higher blocks percentage Than Victor. Webbinama only time will.
Speaker 2: Tell, man the guy blocks a ton of. Shot no he, didn't he. DOESN'T i still got.
Speaker 1: Him, okay just, uh just because you're talking heights there like Ran we saw this the other day WHEN i was going through.
Speaker 2: Teams the most surprising seven footer in the. League can you name? It how it is to?
Speaker 1: Me, okay, good good. Question he is twenty five years. Old we talk about him a, lot and he's he's changing teams for the for the first. TIME i just never think of this guy as a seven.
Speaker 2: Footer Trey lyles, No Walker, Kessler.
Speaker 1: No no inter us From. Spain that might help you out.
Speaker 3: Here Oh santi Al, Dama, yeah Kill dama has never felt that.
Speaker 1: Seven you if you had asked me how tall do you think he, Is i'm telling You i'd Go i'd probably go. SIX i would say six, eight, six. Nine i'm Like i'd lean more towards that. Size so seeing seven feet on the basketball, reference, man mind boggling to.
Speaker 2: Me, yeah doesn't feel like a seventh well not at, all not at. All and you, think, oh Al dama's here's another thing that people think of Al. Dama great shooter now, Willing, yeah sometimes the.
Speaker 1: Same all, right so you're your final pick, here let's stay In.
Speaker 2: Spain, Wow Ugo. Gonzales, yeah that's it's gonna happen at some, point Like Brad stevens right. Now, HEY i sound like. ME i said it his name so many times last year because you watch him and he is the kind of guy you want on your, team kind of like you brought up as On. George, yeah you look at that. Guy oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah perfect plug and play type of. Guy he'll play in the corner and he can shoot, that but then he'll come rebound. Anything he can put it on the floor a little bit as a secondary playmaker. Guy and he just works so hard defensively on both, sides SO i believe in him that he can slash uh and do that kind of. Thing, now he only average four points per game last, year so this is a Fun, hey breakout. Player that guy there who averaged four because is going to go. Up you can double. It he can double that very. Easily and they're gonna be games When Paul george doesn't, play Where Jason tatum doesn't, play and of Course shyerman's gonna, play And Ron Harper junior is gonna, play And Sam howse is gonna play on the. Wing BUT i think this guy is going to force himself into the lineup because he's a second year guy Like Baron. Jay he's super super young and he was that. Good so, yeah put him in. There and there's, AGAIN i don't know how many Games jason dam is gonna. Play we expect him to play a, Ton we Expect Paul george to play a, ton but it also could be a situation where their wings need to play a.
Speaker 1: Lot, okay what do you think Of gonzalez? Here breakout?
Speaker 3: Player, well he only has to average like thirty a game to put up the honest. Numbers they're hoping for a. Breakout, yeah, YEAH i think he can improve on his playoff performance zero points in the. PLAYOFFS i was also not super encouraged By Ugo gonzalez during the Summer. League but this is a guy that's just going to be in my. Crossairs no offense To, gonzalez but like you could have Had, giannis and that's what it is for. ME i think he can be a lot. Better it's just hard to tell him The south because they have so many players at the wing. Positions but this is a guy that obviously they feel is a big part of their plans going, forward and he does do a lot of stuff as.
Speaker 2: Well there will be a dock or a story told one day about that trade and if it was legitimate or, not if they could have legitimately Got janis For Hugo, gunzales Because i'm not sold on. That did they want to Take giannis huge contract and bring it To. BOSTON i don't know about. THAT i don't think that's the case of a guy who has been hurt for the last several years in your private. EQUITY i don't think they want to buy into The jana. Stocks so whether it's.
Speaker 1: True or, not though it's out, there those rumors and LIKE, jj, yeah was he really offered For Omari?
Speaker 3: Stottmeyer who, knows but that's in the annals OF nba.
Speaker 2: History he.
Speaker 1: Was do you know how you quiet that? Noise you come out and have a breakout performance here if You're. Gonzales i'm, not of, course not thirty points per, game honest, style but you, Show, oh there's a reason that they obviously wanted to keep me, around saw potential in, me And i'm on my way to turning into sort of an all star. Player it's a lot of, pressure a lot of pressure that maybe he doesn't. Deserve, honestly it's not his fault that his name is LinkedIn these honest. Trades but, yeah he's a good. Player he's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Player all.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i have the final pick. Here i'll throw some honorable, mentions potential names THAT i thought about maybe you guys did as. Well back to The, WOLVES i MEAN jd, McDaniels i mean you talk about having an, opportunity because sometimes that's what this just comes down. To like they're basically saying you're you're the you're our four now, man you're sort of a small ball Four nelly would love, it have at. It and now he gets to play Alongside Lamla ball and there's still ant and like he could have a really potential maybe blossoming into An all star like. Year who knows Jaegor gentleman of The.
Speaker 2: Nets he was on my.
Speaker 1: List, yeah, LOOK i hate saying, this but he looked good At Summer. LEAGUE i was a little more impressed with WHAT i saw from him team last. Year yeah oh, yeah, Yeah so still believe in him bounce back here for he can murray you talking about a guy that was. Injured his like numbers have sort of gone, down down? Down can he turn that?
Speaker 2: Around? YEAH i got into the breakout final with The Sacramento. Kinks If Dematas sabonis is, good is it a breakout year for? Him but, yeah those guys at bit to The.
Speaker 1: Bulls bozelles could continue a trend, here right, Sure, uh.
Speaker 3: Yep he should be better than last. Year last year he. Plateau that's, Fine like if you don't go backwards in year, two you did?
Speaker 2: Good? Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: Uh Peyton watson to to you know how we sort of started this whole thing with him in these sign and trade. Rumors it's like A Tvd it's, like where is?
Speaker 2: HE i, MEAN i don't even know what the best case.
Speaker 1: Is maybe it is still to be In denver play alongside obviously the joker there for him to sort of, go, uh you, know in more of a role and stuff like. That But i'm ultimately coming down and picking between three young centers mallow watch where now in The bucks And Donovan klay And i'm gonna take clinging Because i'm intrigued by him now in an offense WHERE i assume he's just going to be doing a lot more pick and rolls With John morant there and with the return Of Damian, lillard and he needs to be in more of those. Actions was used differently when it was sort of him And dennyovdia and he's sort of just hanging up top and trailing at the three point. Line but the guy already took on a heavy minutes. Load heavier minutes load last season compared to the year, before. Increased his usage still shot better from the floor from deep as he added that three point shot a little bit up to his assist in rebounding. Rates he's one of the league's best offensive rebounders, already and he got better at staying on the floor by not, fouling so that was key. Too So i'll take him here to round out breakout. Players it won't be a numbers like whoa, overload but the way he'll be used again in sort of the new system there with these players coming, In i'm intrigued at. Least SO i was sort of debating between all these, centers who will pop off the mot.
Speaker 3: Most, well he's a guaranteed starter on The, blazers SO i think that's a good. CHOICE i don't think IT'S i, MEAN i assume where we'll start for The, bucks But Miles turner is, there, yeah and then you Know Big mark is holding it down for Until malawatch is. Ready But malawatch made my list as, well And i'm in, general Like i'm a clinging. Fan to, me the thing that he really needs to improve is his speed and like being able to change ends of the. Court AND i think it's going to be even more important this year playing with a team that's like eighty percent point. Guards they're going to need him. Running but it also means he's gonna have good setup. Guys SO i thought he took a step forward last season and he's just a good. Player disappointing, playoffs but, like, yeah you're gonna get, Swimby, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got to learn from.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah and he was the guy that they kept for because they didn't want to trade him For Jalen. Brown is that? Correct that's that's the, one, Right so that's a good thing that you guys didn't mention him at. All you didn't Mention Jalen. Brown so that's a good thing For Donovin kling and that he just has been he doesn't but obviously a, very very very talented, guy and that's why they want to keep him around because he was that.
Speaker 1: Good any other names on your leftover?
Speaker 3: List uh, yeah, Uh malawatch like you, Said joeman like you, Said Will riley is a wizard for. Me and he also has the most broken out face in THE. Nba that guy looks like he's fourteen years.
Speaker 2: Old, yes good, situation.
Speaker 3: Guys Hella, larson LIKE i, said just going to step into a starting lineup. Spot it seems like with the, HEAT i Think, bona Don bona is going to look good for The sixers in the games That embiid, Misses they're going to look like a, fast athletic team and he's just going to catch alley oops from all of the. Guards SO i think he's going to look. Good and just a random dude THAT i think is a decent, Player Zaire. Williams he's going to be like the eleventh man on The Los Angeles, lakers BUT i think he can get up to ninth.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah that's a that's one that's been on a roller. Coaster high draft, pick Left memphis to go To brooklyn and he's kind of just evaporated in terms of THE. Nba, yeah In brooklyn, there so, yeah we'll. See, yeah but L a will give plenty of wings a. Shot so, yeah that's a good. One do you have any other?
Speaker 1: Names?
Speaker 2: Uh, WELL i want to pick somebody from The Atlanta. Hawks is Is Ason newell going to have a breakout? Years Devin carter going to be great coming over From. Sacramento Is Aaron wiggins just going to have a bigger role than he? Had?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: In, okay see can.
Speaker 3: They keep the dynasty? Alive three Straight most improved players after Trades Aaron wiggins might be the guy you would have to. Do dort averages twenty a, game don't be to.
Speaker 2: To, win would be very. Top BUT i don't think it's.
Speaker 3: LIKELY i don't Think dort's showing up to training camp with a deep.
Speaker 2: BAG i keep Forgetting dorts on The hawks. Complete, yeah other.
Speaker 3: GUYS i Consider jared McCain for The. Thunder i'm predicting a top three Six man of The year vote for this.
Speaker 2: Guy, yeah that's an interesting.
Speaker 3: One there's a lot of like second guards there now In. Okay see With dort, going that spot's kind of. Open it's like probably a J mitchell will, start but it could Be Cason. Wallace those two will be dueling for the six. Man and Then jared mccainnon involved as. Well And Anthony BLACK i think is in an interesting situation With Jalen suggs there on The Magic Like suggs is constantly. Injured black got hurt last year as. Well but this is a guy that's coming up for his second. Contract he's better, inside he's got better size Than Jalen, suggs But suggs is a better. Playmaker it doesn't feel like these are two guys that should be playing in the backcourt, together especially When Desmond bain is. There SO i feel like the magic got to figure something out Between polo And franz and also Between suggs And.
Speaker 2: Black we'll.
Speaker 1: SEE i learned this weekend Than Anthony black's, Brother Beckham black is like a five. Star is supposed to be point. Guard it's supposed to. Better, yeah, Yeah, Black, YEAH i. SAW i believe. IT i was, like holy, crap.
Speaker 2: He looks so he looks a lot like, yes.
Speaker 3: My my buddy coaches the under seventeen, team and that was the guy he was raving. About he's like back And black will be the best player from. Them it's the.
Speaker 1: Coolest name to Be black And black And Jojo Boomja boomshey where the two stars your?
Speaker 2: Team there you?
Speaker 1: Go all, right those are some potential breakout. Players, obviously lots of other names still out. There let us know in the, stream, team let us know in the YouTube, Comments holler at us On spotify or on all our social media. Channels that was a lot of. Fun uh here for A monday. Morning we'll call it, there but later this week we might be. Back at some point this, week we'll See Jad you're headed to uh to The Great White, North, Yes canada for for a week or.
Speaker 2: So you're.
Speaker 1: Driving, wow, yeah, baby where you.
Speaker 2: Stopping, Troy?
Speaker 1: Ohio oh beautiful at this time of, year said no one, Ever, Sorry. TROY i mean you have to you have to stop In ohio when you drive home from. HERE i mean because it's like it's like do big, yeah, yeah the state is too. Large it's. Weird it's, like how are we still In? Ohio we were checking through all the. States, well we were flying through states there and then suddenly Hit ohio and you're in a Forever.
Speaker 4: Hey you drive for two hours In, ohio two or three, hours and then you stop and you're, like, okay well just hit the border first thing in the, morning and it's no three and a half hour drive away from the.
Speaker 1: Borders so any Crazy, Okay, troy have you stopped In troy?
Speaker 4: BEFORE i have got we have our roots, all we got our we got our map, quests, yeah printed printed out map quest ready.
Speaker 2: Ago.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh they're worried for. YOU jd on the stream. Team they're, saying if you're going To, troy we're not going to see you for twenty.
Speaker 1: Years that's, ah this guy Liked Spider man more than The. ODYSSEY i just fired up your thumb war.
Speaker 2: Episode, yeah, yeah that's. TRUE i. Did, okay let's come at.
Speaker 1: ME i hadn't at, me all, Right so, yeah we don't know if we'll be back at some point, midweek BUT i can guarantee you that On, friday it's our first of The pirates on The, caribbean The Booty boys as we're calling this, series watching Every pirates of The caribbean, movie all five in. Total these will drop Every friday starting This, Friday august, fourteenth and then you can expect the next one the Following. Friday had a lot of. Fun we've already. Recorded these are not. Live these are not live, guys or at least in the first couple or. Not but we had a lot of fun talking about these. MOVIES a. Spoiler we really enjoyed this, movie and even the second one there was there was some love for so we break it down only like we can ONLY jd liked the second one more than the first. One BUT i saw other people echoing that.
Speaker 2: Sentiment, really, YES i.
Speaker 1: DID i did BECAUSE i was looking for in terms of the graphics and stuff like thumbnails or sorry the logos for the movies for all. That AND i saw a couple of lists and rankings and people people like the second. One what's it called.
Speaker 3: Again Dead Man's.
Speaker 1: Chest, yeah keep in track of these. Names first One curse of The Black, pearl which again doesn't make any. Sense, yeah that's The Black.
Speaker 2: Pearls no person. Curse, no, yeah any, way we talk about.
Speaker 1: That that's On, friday so that'll be in these. FEEDS i saw some people wondering on substack and stuff like. That, yes it's in The No dunks. Feed it's on. YouTube, well premiere it at ten. Am you can come talk with everybody about the movie live if you. Want and obviously goes up On spotify And apple and all that good. Stuff and substack ad free on. Substack hit that link in the show. Notes you want to support the show and you want the show without, ads it's a good way to do.
Speaker 2: It people complain about the, ads that's for. Sure but the new skip ahead button On spotify is pretty. Good you've seen. That while you're playing a podcasts and commercials come, on just hit skip ahead and then it'll jump to the perfect. Spot you don't even have to think about THE. FOWO i like.
Speaker 3: THAT i, like, wow that's a great. Invention, yes, yeah that's about.
Speaker 2: Time that's weird that hasn't been.
Speaker 1: Invented, well it's almost, like thank You spotify for implementing, that but sort of.
Speaker 2: WEIRD i know you're, THINKING.
Speaker 3: I, mean you want to hear our ads.
Speaker 2: Apparently not On. Spotify people get very upset with our ads On. Spotify that's WHY i were it in, There but advertisers never know if you really listened to him, Anyway, Right.
Speaker 1: Thanks for tuning into today's show sponsored by fand until later this week or at least On, Friday Clipper.
Speaker 3: Bro you heard it here, first have a great, time turn, Up love you guys.
Speaker 2: Awesome thanks for joining. Us and Remember i'm gonna pull an Old Lee ellis here on the shows where he used to do, that the fact checking where we make a mistake in the. Show this is this is on. Me the late Great Don nelson had a great press conference where he said he smoked weed post coaching. CAREER i said it was With corey mcghetty And Stephen. Jackson it was With Jason richardson And stephen jack not. Parts, yeah you know he wasn't. There, yeah, yeah, Yeah AND i got to give credit to my. Correcter it Was Leo. Gomett, NO i don't want to give credit to, him but he did it all Of. FRENCH i will say that those are my. OLIVES i do want to. Say, UH i blame it on bad. Pixelation jason rises and kind of looked Like corey mcgetty on my you, know back back. Then, yeah this is this is twenty two thousand and eight or, something you, know sd SD. Ca maybe it was.
Speaker 1: Later well he last. COACHED i was, shocked, like was it nine ten the last?
Speaker 2: Year oh it was WAR i thought it wasn't long. Ago but that's you, know because he was there for the drafting Of step in two thousand and, nine right, Right, yeah SO i guess it was a little.
Speaker 1: Later it doesn't feel like, it, right because he's such a larger than life character that he's sort of always still been In, yeah.
Speaker 2: You, KNOW Nba lexicon and they go hang.
Speaker 3: Out his name Is Don nelson and they called what he invented Nelly, ball and his son Is, Donny so He's Donnie. Nelly that's like his third, name, Right
Speaker 1: Rest in peace to the Legend Don, Nelson brace the, day, people