Speaker 1: You're listening to Fox Sports Radio Radio cops of Welcome to the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 2: We are the most unathletically decorated show in radio history. I think America's most revered sports talk should.
Speaker 3: Respect the position that you have.
Speaker 2: But today Dan Patrick and the Four Day Nuts are not here. So sitting in for Dan Patrick and hosting the Dan Patrick Show, here's Fox Sports Radios Odd Couple, Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning America.
Speaker 3: It is the Dan Patrick Show, and we are the Odd Couple.
Speaker 4: Rob Parker, Oh yeah, Kelvin Washingtay and the Odd Couple crew. You hear us every night seven to ten Eastern right here on Fox Sports Radio. Rob g is our producer, Alex is our engineer.
Speaker 5: Alex, You're a hidden talent.
Speaker 4: No doubt. Our social media guru is Elijah.
Speaker 3: Never heard of them. There you go.
Speaker 4: So we are in full effect on this funky flashback Friday, as we'd like to say it. Good morning, Kelvin Washington. You're used to getting up in the morning. Yeah, and I almost in Washington.
Speaker 6: I almost had to put somebody in the early headlock. How dare I have to beat up, Rob d at whatever o'clock in the morning it is. I go in there to say what I've dap everybody out. Rob, You're supposed to be all spry because you're the one up early.
Speaker 3: I said, Hey, I came in. I'm speaking what Marty you want from me?
Speaker 7: Alvin, you're not even lying? He walks in. I'm half asleep because I slept here. It's been two hours since I will last open my eyes.
Speaker 3: He walks it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, knew you guys were gonna get all that pizza.
Speaker 3: Right up the gates, right right. See. Yeah, I think he's taking out his frustrations. That's what it is.
Speaker 7: Rob Parker, you wouldn't believe this too. I was trying to be nice. I was like, here's some creamer, here's some oat milk, whatever you need for your coffee. Oh, it's a lot for a guy who does to drink coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know what's going on. What's wrong with Rob g.
Speaker 4: So Rogie you got you got young kid, grew up early every morning.
Speaker 3: What's the issue. I don't know.
Speaker 6: He ain't saying that, he's not even speaking to you. I don't know what's going on. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know. I went in there dapped everybody up to say hello, you're supposed to be the one that's supposed to be excited today. I was like, why are you being rob G?
Speaker 8: When you send a text thirty minutes ago I'm right there, and then you show up thirty minutes later.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, so you just got up there.
Speaker 6: No, I've been up I promise you that, but I'm used to get like an hour and a half earlier that you know that. Uh yeah, I think the rob G stands for grumpy today. Rob That's oh my, that's what it is, rob G.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a good Friday for it? All right? You should?
Speaker 4: We should also tell you to check us out on our YouTube channel. You can watch us live right now. Just search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube, hit that subscribe button app you're done. You could tap the thumbs up icon comment away let us know if you agree with me or Kelvin and go check out our YouTube channel and watch us live now. Just search Odd Couple FSR and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Man, we got a lot to get to today on.
Speaker 4: The Dan Patrick Show, and I thought we were banned from The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: But I guess I'm putting me in this. I wasn't here yet. He didn't hate you. It was me, right, rob G. I think Rob G knows it was me. But listen. Then after about three hours, we'll see if he still may hate you. I don't know. We'll have to wait and see Ben Patrick's on vacation.
Speaker 4: He'll call in and say to Scott, our boss, Scott Shapiro, Scott.
Speaker 3: I thought I told you no, no Parker, no more. No, okay, all right, hey, rob G.
Speaker 4: It was a of course, preseason football game, and we saw Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 8: That's right, number one overall pick everybody's favorite quarterback, the man who is so straight with the Lord. He won't even go to the Vegas Strip. I know you like that bar dub. He's like, no, there's too much sin down there. I'm gonna stay out there.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, so him, Chris Bussar and Kelvin Washington, Man, we need to get.
Speaker 3: Out of here, Roberts, this not gonna good. Go good for us.
Speaker 6: I mean to I'll go to Vegas a little bit. You know you, Oh, you're a cinner. Then there goes rob We can't start to show already with the zero one hundred. Yes, give it me a little bit, will hold, let me get the hydraulics on this chair real quick.
Speaker 3: I look at there, can you get?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: You go? There you go?
Speaker 8: But yeah, Bernado Mendoza had his primetime debut his second preseason game. He went eight for fifteen eighty six yards and ugly, ugly, ugly pick six in attack and one half of work against the Houston Texans. So we'll call it mixed review for the number one draft pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know people are people in Las Vegas really excited Kelvin because I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm rob G. That's his team. I know Tom Brady, that was the guy they chose and whatnot. And I get it. He won a national championship. He played great right last year with Indiana.
Speaker 4: But I'm not convinced that he's going to be that guy and people talk about all the time just because you're the first overall pick. We've seen plenty of guys wash out and not make it and be a bust. I was always skeptical of the NFL, with the idea of the Raiders and Mendoza not having any national games like Kelvin to me, that's just since win.
Speaker 3: You don't want to see number one overall. I'm serious.
Speaker 4: Everyone were like, oh, well, they don't think he's gonna start and he so they're not putting any games on or they could flex in. I'm sorry, the idea that he's the first overall pick and they're not sure. I don't even know are they gonna start them or are they gonna make them sit?
Speaker 3: And wait?
Speaker 4: I mean, rob G, you're the Raiders. God is what are they saying? Because it sounds like it's mixed.
Speaker 3: On a big seat. He's gonna have a big seat.
Speaker 8: They're making it seem like there's a competition. But you know, Kirk Cousins didn't even dress yesterday. That kind of tells you all you need to know.
Speaker 6: You know, I call him Kirk, your cousin, not mine. He is definitely gonna be starting number one. It just when you look at this this Raiders team, I mean, rob G, you know that's your squad. They're so young, rob there's one thing to just be bad, And we know in the NFL sometimes bad isn't horrible, right, Sometimes it's just a few players didn't go your way, and now you're seven and ten or you're you know, you're eight and something or six and eleven. When he really weren't that bad and the next year you turn around, at least you're you're a better squad in there. Sometimes you were just future and you got a lot to figure out. And the Raiders a closer to the ladder. I mean, they have a lot to figure out. They're very young. They're trying to get some nice pieces. You know, they're hoping the gents works out at the running back, they still got bowered. They got some pieces offense. They hope that Mendoza eventually will get there, but rob this team, they ain't there yet. Tom Brady ain't walking through that door as a quarterback. Now he might walk through as a minority owner. But he's got a lot of work to do. And and if you were able to watch some of the plays, he made some nice throws, which is why obviously that's why he's the number one pick. He looked comfortable at some times, got the ball out, got the offense moving, and that bad that throw across the middle of the interception was terrible. And you're gonna learn that number one thing you hear all the time. The speed is much faster in the pros. That little cross body across the middle of the field pass you normally can do in college, you ain't doing that in the pros.
Speaker 3: And so he's gonna learn that for sure. But I definitely expect a slow roll.
Speaker 6: If you're Raiders and you say and you wholly believe this is your guy, then there's no rush. You're hoping to have him for a greater decade, decade and a half, and so they're not going to run in different.
Speaker 3: I'm in a different school.
Speaker 4: If you can play and make an impact, you should play. The only way you really learn to play in the National Football League is going out there all the people, the great players. No one's putting them on a leash. No one's telling them we're going to pump the brakes on you. You just go out there and you learn. Peyton Manning went was one of a bad Indianapolis team. He threw a million interceptions, Right, Peyton Manning wasn't Peyton Manning a year one Go back and look, he almost threw thirty interceptions he did his rookie year. So you can't explain or tell me that the best way is to sit Now we got the Aaron Rodgers example. But there's a reason Aaron Rodgers sat. You had a future Hall of Famer there still able to play. That's the only reason Aaron Rodgers didn't play, not that he couldn't play. Everybody said in practice, this guy's got it, but he had to sit up three years behind Brett Fahk, a Hall of famer. Kirk Cousins is no Hall of Famer. Kirk Cousins was lousy in Atlanta. Kirk Cousins gets you nothing. Kirk Cousins gives you wasted snaps. It's wasted snaps.
Speaker 3: But that would rather.
Speaker 4: I would rather this kid play, take his lumps, and if they're bad, get another top pick. I don't want to be in the middle of the pack because I have a middling, end of his career quarterback who's just going to keep us afloat and win enough game so that we don't get the number one pick or top pick.
Speaker 3: Again, that's what I'm saying. I want all of nothing. Well, we know that's you, Rob, We know that you want all or nothing, and we know.
Speaker 6: But again, I think the bigger indictment it really is the whole Foster. Like I think again, I think if they were a solid and again they just were not as bad as a record showed that, I think they'd roll him out there.
Speaker 4: But I think the issue is they're so young. They're sts team though. I'm just asking you.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not gonna I can give you exactly you know, did he have Marshall fought back then?
Speaker 3: Did Peyton right off the back gear?
Speaker 6: I mean, he had some pieces out there where you can say, all right, we got something rolling. No, they were bad, but I no, no doubt. But also to Mendozah, ain't Peyton. Let's be clear, like he can end up having a flying career.
Speaker 3: Overall, Yeah, pick and that happens.
Speaker 6: That war was the first overall pick. He ain't gonna be Payton either. I mean, you know when you know that somebody Peyton was different. Peyton was generational. From the day he stepped into Tennessee. We knew from the jump this is what he was. I'm talking about in college. We know what Peyton was gonna be from high school to college to when he got to the pro.
Speaker 3: I'm saying I didn't know his first year.
Speaker 6: Mendoes right, he had a he had a rough first year Mendoza is slow rolling into this thing. Robbie came out the blue. You never even heard of him. You heard of the Mendoza line, not Fernando Mendoza. And then all of a sudden he comes in and has an incredible what was that his twelfth year in college?
Speaker 3: Russ, let's let's let's take advantage of it.
Speaker 4: The players in the NFL are around the same age of the players in Indiana last year.
Speaker 3: Hey, you ain't lying.
Speaker 6: And with all this going back and forth, guys getting contract.
Speaker 3: And can go back.
Speaker 6: I don't know how old like you're gonna have twenty eight year olds sit for rookies. And he played with twenty eight year olds at that Indiana or whatever it was, the average age was like twenty five.
Speaker 3: With college. He put a little extra sauce on it, but it was old. It was old. But ash rob g it was like twenty five.
Speaker 8: It was like.
Speaker 6: Twenty five thirty one pick one. But to get my point, I do no, no, no, I do.
Speaker 3: I just think.
Speaker 6: But again, just to me, I think they're gonna say, Kirk Cousins, you take those lumps. If there are lumps to be had that you're talking about, you go out there, You set the tone, you show this young guy something. We can get these younger players on this roster, get them developed.
Speaker 3: Slowly, he's gonna pla.
Speaker 6: I think he's gonna start probably halfway through the season, maybe a little early, maybe week six seven is but I think they just want to get to get him more acclimated, make you know some of those.
Speaker 4: How does he get more acclimated? Not playing seriously like I.
Speaker 6: Because if you get smoked, there's a dude named David Carr, not even Derek Carr, who still has PTSD from getting smoked out there. Cam Ward is No, ain't near as bad as he looked last year, but he was getting smoked. Sometimes when you know your team is horrific, rob and then sometimes your team is we're better than we look. And if it's horrific, I think they don't want him out terrific this year.
Speaker 4: And next year he still shouldn't play, right you know how long? How long you're gonna wait? Well you're saying now, but six, but week six it's gonna be good?
Speaker 3: Is that? Like explain how to go.
Speaker 6: Wid the guys will have guys will have played. You would have been able to find out who's who if you need to switch.
Speaker 4: If this started to say you find out they're no good, they're still on good, so you delay his start.
Speaker 6: They may be starting his quarterback. People have historically not started off the back rob. We have so many we have examples of both. We got guys who got thrown in the fire. We got guys who have had to wait a year or two like that. Especially historically, it was warcoming for you to come any wait, not come in and try to be a savior of a horrific team. So, I mean, it's not gonna be crazy if they make him wait a year, that's not gonna be like all of a sudden some we've never seen this before.
Speaker 4: This just sounds to me like their convincement those is gonna be a bust. I'm gonna be on the record, that's where I'm at, that he's going to be a bust ultimately. And they don't have the confidence that this guy who took Indiana to a national championship and played some of the best college football quarterback and that we had seen right and did the unthinkable should be that guy. It's almost like people were telling Joe Burrow, don't go to Cincinnati. What a bad franchise, You have no shot to win. They were trying to tell him he should pull an Eli Manning and his camp should should say not to I'm not going there.
Speaker 3: Don't draft me. I'm not going to Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: They had lost their last seven playoff games coming into the time that Joe Burrow showed up in Cincinnati. And guess what, he gets hurt his first year, right because they're not that good.
Speaker 3: They don't protect him.
Speaker 4: He gets hurt, comes back his second year and takes that franchise to the super Bowl. I'm sorry, that's what I want from my quarterback.
Speaker 6: Why can't that even You just said he went out there and got hurt because they were terrible.
Speaker 4: Telling me, you're telling me hurt because they're terrible. That's all I'm saying. You could get hurt at any time in football. I'm just you can't, baby people. I'm sorry. There's no perfect scenario to break a quarterback in and make him feel comfortable. Put the guy out there and let him play. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Listen, you know I had a sixteen team, you know, the Detroit I saw a guy coming there and and and you know, play through it wanted to be there and and showed us Okay, you know this guy's got some talent.
Speaker 3: He might be he might be good for us. So I've been.
Speaker 6: There when they threw him in the fire, and and you know, ultimately he improved, got to the postseason a couple of times. He left some on the table every now and again. But so I've seen it all both ways. I just I don't know for whatever reasons they believe, that's why they went and got this veteran Kirk Cousins to to be there for him and so he didn't get his legs snapped out there. That's what Kirk, you get, you get snapped up and beat up. Not Mendoza. We got some hope. But we're the youngest heck, I think they got like, uh, they're the youngest roster in the NFL.
Speaker 4: All right, we want to hear from you. It is a damn Patrick showdy oh, couple filling in?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Should the Raiders start Fernando Mendoza in week one? Remember this isn't a podcast, this is a radio show. We want to hear from you very much.
Speaker 3: That's right. Chime in, haul in.
Speaker 4: We'll continue this conversation next It is the odd couple, Rob Park of Kelvin, Washington, on a funky flashback Friday, sitting in for the Dan Patrick Show right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: And guess what, Alex, what's that rock stick?
Speaker 7: And stay unless, by some chance we're already banned again by in the US event sixteen minutes in.
Speaker 3: Already all right? Check it out.
Speaker 6: The summer travel season is here, and booking scams, well, it can start with one click. Travelers, they share personal and payment info across sites, and scammers exploit that with fake emails, bogus customer service numbers, manipulated search results, and look alike booking site. So slow down before you click, use unique passwords and get customer service numbers from your confirmation or the company's official website. Cyber threats are everywhere, and that's why LifeLock monitors hundreds of millions of data points a second for identity that threats, which is way.
Speaker 3: More than anyone can do on their own.
Speaker 6: Then LifeLock alerts you right away if anything pops up, and if you do become a victim of identity theft, you get your own restoration specialists who will fix identity theft guaranteed r your money back. Your protection is backed by Lifelock's million dollar protection package, so if your money is stolen or unique coverage for personal expenses or lost wages, dude the identity theft, LifeLock has your back.
Speaker 3: So join now.
Speaker 6: Save up to thirty percent off your first year with promo code Patrick called one one hundred lifeflock, or head to LifeLock dot com use promo code Patrick for thirty percent off.
Speaker 3: Terms apply.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show.
Speaker 6: No Mo.
Speaker 4: The host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show, No Way, No How.
Speaker 3: Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: It is the OK Couple, Rob Parker covin Washington and for Dan Patrick's show on this funky flash back Friday. It's right Dan Patrick Show, and we are the Odd Couple. And by the way, you can always find us on YouTube, just search it. And everyone is searching for ways to save on insurance. Switch to Liberty Mutual and they'll customize your auto and home insurance so you only pay for what you need.
Speaker 3: Liberty Liberty, Liberty Liberty.
Speaker 6: Get a quote at libertymutual dot com or with your local independent agent.
Speaker 3: Go check them out.
Speaker 6: All right, Rop talking about Fernando Mendoza last night, some good throws some I definitely think he would like to have back.
Speaker 3: What'd you see from him?
Speaker 6: The idea also that Kirk Cousins may start in place of the number one pick eight seven seven ninety nine on FOXX.
Speaker 3: Take some calls. Who we got?
Speaker 4: All right, let's kick it off here on the Dan Patrick Show with the Odd Couple.
Speaker 3: Sh on in Sacramento. You're on the Dann Patrick Show. What's up?
Speaker 9: Showing my uncle from another mother, cuzin kill you. My brother's behind the board. Man, look real quick, all y'all sleeping right now. All y'all youngster are trying to break into the biz. These man just pulled two shits in eleven hours. Man, let them Drey work, Bro, But man, you already had it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: I know Chad Rose somewhere rolling they eyes, but you gotta get it together.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: Let this man Mendoza spend some time on the bench. If you're not anybody transitioning to man.
Speaker 5: Kirk Cousins the best to do it. They brought him in for a reason.
Speaker 9: Don't break your confidence now, man, and real quick man, before I get off, Man, shout out all the other odd mobbers. Man chat bro go ahead and suckond Man. We're taking over the radio show. We know Dan somewhere celebrating his daughter's wedding, but uncle Rob taking over from here. You can't keep this man down for that long.
Speaker 3: Dan, There we go.
Speaker 4: I'm back in the saddle. I was banned from Dan Patrick Show. It was fun while it lasted.
Speaker 3: They never told me officially, but I just felt that way. Felt Now all right now. Another show on in Nashville.
Speaker 4: You're on the The Dan Patrick Show with the Odd Couple.
Speaker 3: What's up, Sean, what's goodie? Good morning? Good morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a long time listening, first time call. I love what y'all do. Man, Usually I'm listening at night.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Appreciated.
Speaker 5: With a of course, as far as I'm concerned with Fernando Mendos, I would think that you will put Kirk Cousins in first, because he's going up Bernando Mendoza's gonna end up coming in anyway. Either Kirk Cousins is gonna stink or he's gonna get hurt. I'm not wishing that he gets hurt, but you know, because I'm still a fan, so I'm coming from having Kenny Picket, so I know how that's gonna go. I'm not saying that Mendoza's gonna be Kenny Picket, but at the same time, go ahead to put Cousins in and let him stink it up for a little bit. The Raiders ain't going nowhere anyway. It's not gonna make a difference.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're too young. They I don't they just don't have the talent right now. Appreciate you're too young too.
Speaker 3: They're not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: All that talent the Spurs aren't going and get too young they can't make it. You picked the you pick, okay, right, there were too young first of First of all, first of all, first of all, you said Winby is in his season three?
Speaker 3: Not a root on. There you go, you get telling you I gotta deal with everything.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: The spurs best player keep with Seeds is a third year player. He had already been in the league. You acted, Mendoza ain't even had to start yet.
Speaker 3: Rob, Can I give you a fun fact? Here we go? Any right, here's a fun fact for you me. One.
Speaker 4: JaMarcus Russell would consider him a bus, would you say, right with the Raiders bus.
Speaker 3: Yes, he would consider him a bus.
Speaker 4: Never threw a pick six and thirty one career games played, Fernando through one in his second preseason game.
Speaker 3: Just just if you don't burn that fun? What nothing fun about that? That was fun? You know how many people have thrown pick six and are in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, I'm just it's just a fun fact. It was a bona fide bus. So I'm just saying, we'll see where.
Speaker 3: You tug them all these facts.
Speaker 6: You know, JaMarcus Russell don't never the definition of a bus. So, in fact, if that's the case you just told me, I got a fun factor for you. You know what, I want my quarterbacks to do the exact opposite of what JaMarcus Russell did if he never threw a pick six. Go get your pick six on quarterbacks, so you don't end up like JaMarcus russ saying I'm just matter of fact that you just did with something that Rob G. You know how it is with your daughters. I'm gonna tell my daughter to do the exact opposite of whatever somebody else did.
Speaker 4: Who Okay, Joe rob G is a residence Raider fan.
Speaker 6: I mean he I don't know if he is anymore because he talks about other teams more than he does Raiders.
Speaker 3: Would you not agree with that picking the Giants and the Jets to get to the or something else? Why do you bring it up? Old stuff? Hey?
Speaker 8: You know Rob picked the Bucks to win the championship this year. You know, see, we can all do that and we can play that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah are you where are you at? This is your guy?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll tell you what I'm not the huge Fernando Mendoza fan. I think I've told you guys that before. It's not that I don't think he could be good. It's that I don't feel like there was ever a real evaluation of him as a quarterback. It was like Tom Brady's like, hey, six', FIVE i was six, five you, know kind of. DOOR i was kind of. Dorky he doesn't move. THROUGH i don't move too. Well he plays the game between the. Years that's HOW i play the. Game So i'm gonna draft this guy In in, fact we're gonna sit him an entire, year because you know, WHAT i sat an entire.
Speaker 3: Year so everything that he thinks.
Speaker 8: About what a quarterback should be with just, himself he's just projecting that on The Fernando.
Speaker 3: Mendoza i'm want to say this to both of.
Speaker 4: You if they If indiana doesn't, win you do they feel the same way about? Him And i'm not talking about his, numbers AND i know he played, well but if they don't win a national do you know WHAT i? MEAN i think that winning a national, championship even if you have question. Mark so you're, like, yeah he did come out of nowhere and, yeah but they.
Speaker 3: Might be biggest valid.
Speaker 8: Point it really could, be because if you just look, physically there's nothing special about for now To, Mendoza.
Speaker 3: Yeah his, ARM i mean it's. Good, yeah he's solid in a lot of.
Speaker 6: Areas his accuracy was, high but he only he had to only play a certain type of. WAY i mean there's a Lot, listen other years he might have been the third or Fourth quarterback's What i'm, Saying AND i do agree with. That i'm not gonna act like he's some transcending where everybody knew coming. Clear you, know you got guys who were coming Out Cam, Newton Peyton, Manning Matthew, stafford just name It.
Speaker 3: Lawrence, yeah they literally knew that guy is the number one. Pick he's gonna you.
Speaker 6: Know and whether they came out to me great or, not this guy again just to merge out of nowhere and out of the. Blue To Kurt, signettes you, KNOW i don't. Know creating that and winning absolutely helped him and that and that and it. Happens it happens from it's called right, place right time you, win your numbers.
Speaker 4: Are, good, Right indiana won a national Champions indiana a basketball school where no football History.
Speaker 3: White so if there's one thing that should have you worried, again it's it's. Early he seems to be about the right.
Speaker 8: Stuff and you guys, know when it comes to, football if we could project this stuff, out then we never have a. Bust JaMarcus russell would have been. Great you, know the list goes. On he seems to have the right head on his. Shoulders he's focused on. Football that's most of the. Battle ninety percent of the time when it come to these. Guys you, know can you whipped in the. Years But Kurt signetti had five different starting quarterbacks over his last five. Years this will be six coming up this. Year each of the five quarterbacks he had was all. Conference so either he knows how to pick quarterbacks better than anybody in college football, history or there's something about his system that makes it so that every quarterback he has looks really.
Speaker 3: Good oh what happens all the time at.
Speaker 6: UNIVERSITIES i, mean do you remember the last twenty five, years Like Texics tech guys would come in and throw crazy, numbers you, know just the way their offense. Was oregon has that same kind of thing where if you go be a quarterback In, Oregon you're gonna put up crazy numbers at during your whether it be one year or two years as a. Starter there are some, schools some, systems some coaches where if you play under me the way we're gonna move this, ball your numbers are gonna be, crazy and then we'll find out if you're actually as good as you are the numbers say that you, are or if you're a product of this.
Speaker 3: System but that does. Happen.
Speaker 6: Absolutely there are team, systems, coaches programs where fill in the, blank you come, here this is gonna. HAPPEN i, mean if you're a running back At alabama Under Nick, saban whether you ended up being very very good in THE, nfl great or just, eah you were gonna put up crazy numbers At. Alabama the way they went out, there got the, big, ugliest the offensive, line and how they would just dominate back, then especially back then when recruiting was. Different you, know the, money you didn't have an l well wink, wink you didn't have nil money to give out like. That so you were getting the best players year in, year und best offensive. Line if you were running back At, alabama your numbers were gonna be.
Speaker 3: Nuts so, YEAH i don't.
Speaker 6: THINK i don't think even Optimistic raider fans or maybe just fancy THE nfl as a, WHOLE i don't think we're projecting him to be that. GREAT i think he's one of those good and if your team and everything is around, him you can win with. Him he won't hurt. You BUT i don't expect him to be LIKE i don't expect.
Speaker 3: The warm water with some brown dirt in. It that's the WAY i feel.
Speaker 4: Like i'm just, it's you, know at the, tub if it doesn't all the way go down and the water is just kind of a little.
Speaker 3: Lukewarm how were you rob that the tub was?
Speaker 6: BROWN i need to understand what was Going New york? Streets have you walking way too? MUCH i took the subway here this. MORNING i didn't get on the. SUBWAY i was at the Commuter did you see My? YEAH i did see the? Text were you put On instagram?
Speaker 3: Too? NO i didn't get it On instagram about the second or?
Speaker 6: No were you in between like a gazillionaire and a homeless?
Speaker 3: Person?
Speaker 4: Exactly you know how the subways, are that's how we roll uh In New. York but it's it was weird you, know getting on the train and you, know heading into the city to come to the radio show this. Morning definitely starting to feel like you. Ain't i'm starting to feel like rober he ain't never coming. Back i'm starting to thinking Enjoying New york a little too. Much, No i'll be back, Tomorrow. Saturday i'll be back.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow are you? KIDDING i got work to.
Speaker 4: Do school starts On monday IN Usc so my students in my sports commentary class get ready for.
Speaker 3: That can't?
Speaker 6: Wait, hey school is, back, Man that's that's wild for you. Already by the, way you just mentioned you got work to. Do you know who else has some work to? Do and you can say the person or you can say the team should Door sanders and The. Browns, uh we're talking About Kirk cousins like he may start For. Mendoza, well it looks like it may Be Deshaun watson starting for The. Browns where you're at rob when it comes to the quarterback or lack the up situation with The, BROWNS.
Speaker 4: I Think shadoor has missed the golden. Opportunity The browns didn't have a quarterback really To Sean watson despite his.
Speaker 3: CONTRACT i.
Speaker 4: Understand LIKE i hear the excuse of people, saying, well, well.
Speaker 3: They can't cut him because it would be a massive cap. Hit, okay we got.
Speaker 4: That but IF i have to pay the contract, anyway, right he could be the backup quarterback and sit there WHERE i don't damage the salary. CAP i, mean you know the cap, hit, RIGHT i gotta pay him. Anyway if my best chance to, win And I'm Todd monkin And i'm trying to be a head coach in THE, nfl and my best opportunity to win is by Playing Shador, sanders who's making way less, Money i'm gonna Play Shador. Sanders it doesn't make any sense to start To Sean watson just because of the. SALARY i have to pay it. Regardless SO i could pay, it play Shardor sanders because he's the best quarterback and win some games and maybe solidify another year as a head coach in THE, nfl or get another. Contract If I'm Todd, MONKIN i. CAN'T i don't believe. It to, Me Shador sanders hasn't done enough last year or this year for anybody to buy into. Him there's no bonus Playing Deshaun. Watson he. Has he's been bad since he came From houston right he was. Injured every strike is against The sean wat, ten every plus is For Shador sanders And Todd, mounkin and the brown still don't want to make him the starting.
Speaker 3: Quarterback what does that tell?
Speaker 4: You it tells you he hasn't done enough to convince people in that organization that he's a starting quarterback in THE nfl because The browns are about as low as you, GET i mean you. Get does that make sense To?
Speaker 3: LISTEN i said. It you AND i have talked about. IT i understand.
Speaker 4: It but you could still Play shador if you think he's, better AND i THINK i got to pay money.
Speaker 6: ANYWAY i Think shador will. PLAY i think we did a Similar, listen there's a reason.
Speaker 3: WHY i start? Him, no why not? START i.
Speaker 6: Don't i'll tell you. Why when you're a new, coach you got a guy who's been in. It this would be year two For shador and, obviously if he let's assume let's say he was a, starter this will be his, first you, know year as a full time starter if that was the. Case but it's not right, Now AND i think when you're looking At Deshaun.
Speaker 3: Watson it's a safer pick in. That, Okay, well he's a.
Speaker 6: Veteran he knows you, know he got hurt last, year, right but he did in the league now FOR dak in a.
Speaker 3: Decade So i'm, Saying, okay he's a.
Speaker 6: Veteran he he you, know he knows the ins and out better to be a pro than Than shador. Does AND i think the money. DOES i think you're understating or underselling the money a little bit more THAN i.
Speaker 3: WOULD i think that.
Speaker 6: Matters because, YES i have to pay, him Because i'm, saying IF i have to pay, him THEN i.
Speaker 3: Might as well get something out of. Him, no, no it's not. Nice he can't help you.
Speaker 4: Win but that makes you have a new coach whose career is on the.
Speaker 3: Line do you do? You but this is Where.
Speaker 6: CHARDUUR i agree that he hasn't made a massive separation between the.
Speaker 3: Two i'm completely in agreement with.
Speaker 6: That it's not as If shadur's come out and you, know looked like uh Prime Patrick mahomes or something where you're, like clearly that's our. GUY i think if he's been playing coach and all the reports of coming out of training camp was That shadeur was playing.
Speaker 3: Better he had better high a completion.
Speaker 6: Percentage he hadn't thrown an interception at all during training.
Speaker 3: Camp so the that's a slight.
Speaker 6: Gap he won in a game right slightly and better played during training camp For. Shador BUT i mentioned this the other day to. You it's gonna be have to be a larger separation gap in my opinion because if that if, not, Well i'm gonna roll with the guy who's a veteran and we owe the money, anyway give him a, look just give them one more. Chance that's WHAT i think they would. Do and you, Know, CALVIN i am in favor of starting To. George if he goes out there and flames, out at LEAST i can, say, man look we gave you last. Year it was a difficult. Situation we're starting three four different. Quarterbacks last year it was a. Mess i'll give you. THAT i will concede that we saw some things we didn't. Like This we're gonna work on. That you had a couple of throws as. Well let's give you a chance this, Year New. Coast let's start this. Game he's got a new. System let's roll. It that's ALL i would prefer to do because for, Me, ROB i know WHAT i have with With Deshaun.
Speaker 4: Watson see, here here's Where i'm gonna push, back AND i DON'T i don't buy your argument at. All If I'm Todd, monkin all, Right like THE nfl stands for not for. Long, Okay so you're gonna put In miles say what what kind of culture you put in a broken Down Deshaun watson who hasn't played well since he stepped Into. Cleveland you have this everybody's ran and raving About Shador sanders and he's got the eight, factor and he's selling the most jerseys in THE, nfl and everybody's all excited in the fan base wants. Them and you don't play, him, Okay and but you play the guy who you have to pay regardless whether he plays or. Not the idea of getting something out of him doesn't make any sense to me if you believe you have a guy In Shador sanders who can be a, quarterback who can be.
Speaker 3: The same. THING i bring up the same argument all the. Time And Pete.
Speaker 4: Carroll In seattle where they Have Matt flynn in, place they went and they got him From Green. Bay oh my, god, yes we finally got a. Quarterback and This Russell, wilson WHO i believe rober g correct me was a fourth round pick right third or fourth, okay, third, okay third round. Pick When Russell wilson shows up and they immediately, go, oh, no our quarterback is. Right this is this guy right. Here it's this, guy and.
Speaker 3: That started the.
Speaker 4: Turnaround and my point, is If shador has, anything anything that you can build, on and You're Todd, monkin, okay you Noticed, Kelvin i'll give you one other. Example like A tv being in THE tv, business the coach or the news director isn't going to mess around With Rob parker Because i've already been.
Speaker 3: There you know what you get from.
Speaker 4: Him Kelvin washington is the new hotshot reporter THAT i brought in WHEN.
Speaker 3: I took over the news.
Speaker 4: Division if we get better, Numbers i'm gonna get credit For kelvin BECAUSE i put him in. Place IF i go back To DeShawn, WATCHING i don't get anything for. That IF i can Identify Shador saying as the next quarterback of The, Browns i'm gonna cement myself there in the. Organization BECAUSE i made the gutsy. MOVE i didn't play the quarterback who had the bigger. CONTRACT i played the quarterback with the best. Talent and that's What i'm trying.
Speaker 3: To shore that is that he doesn't have the. Talent that's why they're not picking. Up Oh i'm.
Speaker 6: Listen i'm not gonna sit up there and act like he's coming in there looking, like you, know peaking When Cam newton, was you, know just the physical specimen coming in AND, i, oh, shoot look at this.
Speaker 3: Guy even when we See Cam newton at the Super. Bowl he's.
Speaker 6: Special you can't be walking around here six six chise it up still looking all handsome and tall and, no, no, no he's got to. Relax but here's Where i'll counter your, Point, rob when you say they're not for.
Speaker 3: Long so let me start the.
Speaker 6: GUY i think the safety valve Is shadur in this, case and that you roll out To shawn and if he looks Like DeShawn meaning, man you know, not.
Speaker 3: You can then you can say.
Speaker 6: Hold, on hold, on hold, on hold, on, wait, wait wait wait, WAIT i can go To shador where there's, optimism still a little, bit there's some, hope there's some maybe in this there's Some, ooh we'll have to wait and. See maybe he gets, better maybe he's. Improved so if you're saying as a, Coach i'm looking at the. Opposite IF i start with your door and he comes out bad and it's, like, well we gotta go To, DeShawn then it's a. Rap not that you're gonna get, fired but meaning the optimism and hope is. Gone IF i had to go to.
Speaker 4: The sean coach and you go with your door and they start playing better because he plays he had some quarterback savvy and and make some throws and you win, games it's.
Speaker 6: EXACT i just BECAUSE i get to go all, Right deshaun is looking at you know's and but, WHOO i got to. Wait if a, fan you're gonna wait till we can put your. Door let's, see he's gonna get, better he's gonna, Improve he's got another year under his, belt a new, system AND i can prolong that hope and finally get him out. There and If i'm a coach and, say now here is my game plan was to let him get, better to let him, girl and now he's gonna roll out to, me that's the Opposite i'm rolling that out off the bet because Again i'm with, YOU i do. AGREE i don't think She doer's coming out Like, gangbuster where it's obvious that he has to be the. STARTER i think from just some only based off the reports we A cleveland is.
Speaker 3: That he's not playing better make any.
Speaker 4: Sense it tells you every opportunity should be for the young guy with the upside to show. Him watson is not the young guy with the, upside and the idea that he's that they still would rather go over him tells you that your door doesn't have. It i've been covering THE nfl since nineteen eighty, seven So i'm saying.
Speaker 3: The impias is The Dann marino That i'm completely an.
Speaker 6: Agree BUT i got to roll somebody out there for seventeen weeks and have some optimism and to get my even my own, players let alone the crowd the. FANS i got to give my players something to believe, it AND i think She doer can offer that more Than. Deshaan All, right is it better for me and you to fight or for us to fight somebody, else because that's what's been happening in some of THESE nfl. Scrimmages we'll tell you about. That on The on the other, side it is The aka And patrick and the Dan nets on this funky Flashback. Friday stick with your, Boys Fox Sports.
Speaker 10: Radio don't listenin No Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Radio Fox Sports, radio.
Speaker 6: The Odd, Couple Rock Parker cove In washington and For Dan patrick and the Dan netes on this funky flash Back.
Speaker 3: Friday good pool, here Dj Ali. Alex you know WHAT i?
Speaker 7: Noticed we didn't give our weight in. Heights that's like a thing they like to. Do, Yeah robbie's.
Speaker 3: What are?
Speaker 6: You he used to be he, said five to one seventy five For. Robbie robbie used to be. That now he's to you a girthy Twelve, no five to eighty eight? Pounds, now uh, me Robb, g how much do you?
Speaker 3: Weigh? Now i'm down a one seventy?
Speaker 6: Five, wow Unbelievab, honestly bro you look lighter than. That like, SERIOUSLY i thought it's gonna be, like.
Speaker 3: What is do you have a thirty eight pound? Here you have A bobby world to it.
Speaker 4: It, though as you guys are talking about how much ROB g has lost and all, That i'm so messed up mentally BECAUSE i just had an apple crumb donut AND i felt like totally, guilty LIKE i had done a, crime a, Sin like what are you doing eating an apple crumb don morning?
Speaker 6: Time, well here's the, Thing, rob with, You i've been around you not long enough to know howare because you are zero hundred all in or. Out as much As alex we think he's gonna be able to just you, know put on a few more pounds during.
Speaker 3: His girthy, season extra. GURTHY i think. YOU i just think you.
Speaker 6: Can't, man if you're gonna go, there you're gonna go there Like i've just been a week with you In, atlanta AND i don't EVER i mean you went. There the PICTURE i put up is. Hilarious you definitely we was saut. UP i, WAS i, WAS i was. DRINKING i hadn't been drinking For.
Speaker 3: And that's my.
Speaker 6: Point you do so. Well so we're but we're Gonna you're gonna be all right this. Year all, Right i'm gonna be all, right gonna be.
Speaker 3: ALRIGHT i gotta get back there five five and a half two. Pounds. Wow, YEAH i gotta get down about fixing pchat right. Now Rob Parker i'm at six four one nine. Zero not. Bad that's pretty. Good that's.
Speaker 4: GOOD i want to get. There, SHOOT i would tell me was two thirty. Something REMEMBER i got to. Toe that was a little that was a.
Speaker 3: Lot that was a little bit much walking in the door before walking in the. Door, YES i, know.
Speaker 6: Here's Rob where is He he's? Coming we see, it give him a, SECOND i see. Him hey real. Quick that was my heaviest.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah, no last Super bowl was. Crazy i'm telling.
Speaker 6: You me and Rob zie were one more back of chips from giving an intervention to, you.
Speaker 3: One, more one more back of. Chips, ROB i was just hungry all the. TIME i couldn't figure it. Out well you really were you being? Greedy being greedy because the food was? Free there you. Go i'm glad we worked our way to. It ull. Be the good thing IS i don't have to beat you up.
Speaker 6: Sometimes WHAT i say that to say is we get fights happened and training camps and, practices and Say barkley had some thoughts on.
Speaker 11: It i'm the wrong guy to acts BECAUSE i hate joint. Practice to be, HONEST i think one day is, good but, uh you, know you know we play in a you Know Ego Eagle Field sport with a lot of men AND i. Can i'm all about just putting the work in and it's good to go against someone. NEW i think we're definitely we're at that part of camp where we needed to go against a new.
Speaker 3: Face BUT i do think if you do it the right, way there's a.
Speaker 11: Lot of good out of, it going against different, looks going against different. People it's hard when you got to run the same play over and over AGAINST J c AND.
Speaker 3: Jd.
Speaker 6: Yeah he went on to say some, more basically said you get into these. Fights he, said, oh by the, WAY i am an instigator at. Times my whole point rock. QUICKLY i like the scrimmages between other. Teams as he mentioned, it you don't want to keep beating up on your teammates going. Crazy that's when you get these. Fights AND i don't want to beating on my. Teamates i'm gona bet somebody. Else i'd rather be another team and just to get different, looks get so those guys can get that energy off against someone else because it gets, man, listen it's. Hot it's you are living out, here has been crazy with the weather all of, that and you're battling against your.
Speaker 3: Own teammates over and over and over.
Speaker 6: Again playoff to play sometimes you at least need to get that out, there And i'd almost say it can be more effective in those cases than even these preseason games where you throw on all the clothes in the whole uniform and go out there and do. Nothing you don't want to show your, hand you don't want to show, plays starters don't. START i think, those you, know those scrimmages where they're going up against each other can be.
Speaker 3: Better, Yeah i'm not.
Speaker 4: Convinced they play for a long time without scrimmage and other teams during the preseason and they're not going to show you anything. ANYWAY i don't know how much you really get out of. IT i get it other than just the, scenery But i'm not.
Speaker 3: There the. Scenery that's. It, yeah the.
Speaker 6: Scenery, way we got something else to debate about other because you AND i think you disagree with me on THE MVPs And otani in baseball will do. That It's steakkabu and the we Have patrick on The funky Flash Back friday