Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football clubs.
Speaker 2: Blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines. This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Jesse Holly, Kurt Daniels, and Nate Newton, what's.
Speaker 3: Going on across the sea? It ain't nothing. It's Saddy that Zaddy that we don't have the outside shop, but we don't need it. You know why, because we got the good shot.
Speaker 4: Saddy.
Speaker 3: Oh, the conference room is dark right now, but it's gonna be lit later on tonight when all these dry start happening in the first round. It is the Thursday Draft edition of Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: The Boys.
Speaker 3: It's Kurk Daniels who wrote a editing A fantastic draft guy. I hope that you got it. He is the three times to Bowl champion like me. He didn't get drafted on this day either. Thank you, buddy. One three sank you. No matter when you're starting, it's finish. Yes, I am Zaddy Holly. Together we are Hanging with the Boy the sports talk equivalent unbrew people fee us when we speak. We got Chris in the back hole is down, getting us all right and ready to go. Draft day is here.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, let me ask you a quick quick Did you get an email or text leg late last night saying you needed.
Speaker 4: To pick a first round pick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, cool, That's all I want to know, because I didn't want to be stuck out bamasay.
Speaker 4: Like ope, he just said it to me.
Speaker 3: You know, we all got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they should have more in depth than in it.
Speaker 3: My question to you is did you actually answer that?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, sir, real quick, real quick, yet so interested? Oh yeah, yeah, almost changed mine.
Speaker 5: But I looked and saw that my guy, my second pick is a is a early to mid round second round pick. Even my first guy pick is a late first round pick.
Speaker 3: But anyway, if you're living under a rock, rock you just came out today. Today is the NFL Draft. They're taking place in Kansas City, Kansas.
Speaker 5: Boy, you can tell when things change. And Kansas City couldn't get a draft six years ago. Off of all the free bobecue in the world, they could have got a draft.
Speaker 3: And tonight is the first round of the draft. The Cowboys are the number twenty six pick tentatively today. Yeah, things can change.
Speaker 4: And I please don't change.
Speaker 3: I have this gut feeling and this gut feeling that I have. No, no, no, this is gonna be one of the wildest drafts. Okay, no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you ha, this is gonna be wow wild drafts. And if you're kiddie keeping count or watching the time, I got this from what's what's Dan's don damn? Don this last name? I forget the name.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Don Wrinkle.
Speaker 3: Sure, don Wrinkle. Uh he broke down the times.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So if you're if you're a busy dude or a busy gal, you're looking at when the Cowboys will pick. The Cowboys have seven draft picks this year, between the first and seventh round, pick twenty six tentatively the Cowboys on real time at nine to fifty eight tonight PM, ninety eight PM Round two, which would be on.
Speaker 4: Friday Friday tomorrow, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Friday eighth, three p M.
Speaker 6: And he don't work in trades and all he just okay, first of all, Jesse, I got that same list.
Speaker 7: So don't let this guy fo you. The NFL sends it out.
Speaker 6: Oh, the same was the NFL sends that says, what if there's gonna be a fast draft, slow draft or normal draft?
Speaker 4: What time you're what does she say? You are?
Speaker 7: Let okay, now hanging with the boys. Start now starting the first round pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it will be a slow draft. It'll be a Stow drafts gonna take his time with this pick.
Speaker 6: He's almost like a Zaddy draft draft, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, Zay draft.
Speaker 6: We have the Cowboys picking at ten ten, Yes, the Nate Newton draft, which is a fast draft, yes, sir, real quick, nine forty three, getting right through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that car gonna come up quick. Yeah, that car gonna come quick to the to the legos.
Speaker 4: She said, what happened? I'm done?
Speaker 3: But no, the Cowboys first round pick nine to fifty eight, the second round pick eight O eight PM, the third round pick at nine forty eight PM, and fourth round pick at twelve fourteen PM on Saturday, the fifth round pick at two O seven, the sixth round pick at four PM, and the seventh pick, pick two forty four, will be at four will be at four fifty three. So if you just keeping a watch on that, that was the time we need to be around the TV for the Cowboys for the Cowboys draft. And to next point, we were all kind of picking our one of our one of our leaders, our bosses, Nick Eatman, was asking us what we uh, what we think about And I haven't changed either. I haven't changed.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Have you flopped.
Speaker 8: Any I've unsettled?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I almost flopped this morning and I did some research. Is that now I've been not flopped?
Speaker 4: Almost? Oh? Yes, I sent you.
Speaker 3: I sent you a to our group text yesterday about Brian Baldon, Yes, sir, and he talked about of course he has the MPP right, the Michael Parsons problem. You highlighted just how good Michael Parsons is. How you doing that with zero interior pressure from guys than you and so you But so let's make it clear. Are you saying get an interior guy or you saying get an offensive lineman?
Speaker 5: Because you've been no, no, no, no, I changed. You asked about our first pick. I changed away from we don't need first round pick offensive lineman. I've always kind of stood by that. It's nice and it sounds good, but if I think we'll know what the lineman looked like, and and I ain't talking about it in the four. But it's some guys gonna be in the second and third round that you can get and that can start, that can play if you're willing to get these guys in training camp and go. You know what I'm saying. So my first round pick is not is not a lineman, No it's not. My second round pick is a lineman? Are running back? But hey our linebacker? But go ahead on now, I haven't changed.
Speaker 4: I haven't changed.
Speaker 3: I'm still flexing sexy all the way.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if mine.
Speaker 5: I don't know if sexy is your, but mine is big and can do some damage. Yeah yeah, mmmm, it's left that marinate for a seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris, have we figured out where? Because I feel like Jerry kind of switches his location every single year he was on the boat. One year, is is he going to be back in the building? Is he going to be here at headquarters? He's gonna be somewhere back here at headquarters? Since okay, so everything will be happening tonight right here in the in the war room. This segment is brought to you by Wingstop. Where Flavor gets his wings. They'll probably have some wings in there. Tonight. Do they have a That's a great question we should have asked at some point in time, what is the war Rule menu.
Speaker 8: I think they got a whole spread of stuff, don't.
Speaker 4: They Come on? Man, this dude one of the best caterers in the world.
Speaker 3: But sometimes in those moments, there's something that specifically that they probably want.
Speaker 8: Like for a while Chris you might know, went in like catfish or something like that.
Speaker 6: Part of Jerry always it's always catfish, and like barbue, he go back.
Speaker 4: To the crib, he go back to the boxing, you get basic, you go back.
Speaker 6: You have some catfish here then and then I think Saturday morning is those breakfast tacos from Nate's place?
Speaker 3: Yeah, from compeled elements.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm gonna tell you, I'm excited. Man, I'm excited about the second and third round.
Speaker 8: You're saying second and third?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Are you guys gonna reveal your first Are we saving that for no?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: If you're no, no, now, me and him the same. We tight ends your tight end?
Speaker 8: What I sent into tight ends?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, I said in Dulton kincaid that.
Speaker 4: Oh that that kid that's from where from Utah? Yo? Oh, he's a nice kid.
Speaker 7: I don't like about Kincaidian.
Speaker 6: Only thing he didn't he wasn't able to do any of his workouts because he has a back problem.
Speaker 5: Oh oh no, no, we got the biggest red flag. Oh it's flying. Oh in jail, mister Jones, get your helicopter. Put a red flag on this kid right now.
Speaker 4: We do not. Jesse's picked you another flexy sexy.
Speaker 5: Please think that's how got Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 8: No, did you take Meyer?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I took that took the kid from Georgia, big, big Darnelle l.
Speaker 4: I took Darnelle Washington.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I took, six eight, two hundred and seventy pounds. If he can't catch your past, which he can, he can block, he can block. So if you have Josh ball at it, just wing tackle, we can get some help.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, we can get some help. Baby.
Speaker 3: This is this is an exciting time like draft is always.
Speaker 8: Do you guys get pumped up for it like you? Yeah? I mean I don't. My impression is you guys aren't like draft nerds, where you're studying everybody.
Speaker 5: Up until four years ago, I used to oh man, really, oh the first one hundred kids. Oh my god, I had something on them really and then yeah, I backed out because I backed out because they never drafted under the guys. And then I and then I do research a year later, and all these guys that I chose is round the league kicking butt except one I did like, uh the kid from Oklahoma, Uh uh Galimore.
Speaker 4: I loved him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I went out, well, I went talking noise for him, and so far not not as good as we know.
Speaker 3: I don't get like all draft nerdy in that I used to be. I think we do. We have We have a this the one thing about this area, and more so now that the Internet has kind of opened up to the world. You know, we we have a pretty good When Dave Hellman was here, of course, Kyle, Yes, Brian Broadest, Jeff we.
Speaker 4: Had them, bro, I mean.
Speaker 3: That we were there is a we still have. They're not going what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Lest see when Broadest is not in the building it as often as he used to be.
Speaker 4: We used to just click on the Broadest real quick, you know.
Speaker 3: Now. Yeah, So I was like, do I waste my time? I shouldn't say waste my time? Do I do I designate my time to go and watching all these players, or do I just wait to the Star book, right, you know, do I wait to something like that because I just kind of did my do my cliff notes version of reading everything. I'm a college football fan, so a lot of these guys, especially in the first round, we've seen a lot of these guys. Maybe not so much like every offensive lineman, but for the most part, most of the guys in the first round come from proms that we watch regularly, right, and so coming into the year, like you know, Bryce Young, we've seen Bryce Young, We've seen Will Ellison, we' seen CD Strode, We've seen Will Levers, We've seen Jellen Carter, We've seen I mean, you look at it, Tyree Wilson, Christiana. I mean, we've seen a lot of these players because they're playing on the national stage weekend and week out, whether they're playing against our opponent, whether they're playing the prime time game. So you know, these these the first round isn't a hard round to look at because a lot of film on these guys. It's when you get into those Day two, end of Day two, Day three guys, third, four, fifth, sixth round when you start talking about the smaller schools. We're talking about the players that you know that you may not have as much information on. So I trust guys like.
Speaker 8: Dame Buten's amazing.
Speaker 3: His book The Beast, like it's just is the It is the Beast, you know. So I trust those guys in their assessment of players. And then I get into the I get into my bag is when we draft them, right, once we get the guys here, these are the guys that we got. Now I get my back. Now, okay, let me find out more about the guys that we got here. I'm not doing three hundred dudes. I'm just not give me the you know the eight nine Debbie, No, no, no, you know what? Yeah? So so yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why I am. Once they're on the team.
Speaker 4: You're like, what who you are?
Speaker 6: This show was a Ford Tires, right, Chris?
Speaker 8: This is the show they wanted on draft day? Right, this is this is what.
Speaker 3: The people want.
Speaker 7: They realized probably listening this show. That's why they said this.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, but I tell you right here, this is gonna be exciting day.
Speaker 4: And uh but now what do you do leading up to the draft?
Speaker 5: How do you you just your normal day until until it start?
Speaker 4: Like I'll just kick out.
Speaker 5: And then when the draft, when they say its own, then for some reason, I can't get away from my phone. I can't get away from the TV. It's just like I keep coming back to it.
Speaker 4: Are you like that?
Speaker 5: Are you just like, oh man, I'll wait around at seven thirty eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: How do you do that?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm locked in all day. I'm refreshing my phone, I'm watching all the shows I'm you know, cause you the thing about the NFL drive, which is I think the NFL draft is no other sport advertises their draft like the NFL draft. That sure, right, Like you bailly know what baseball drafts are like so many rounds on that basketball you kind of after the first ten picks, you're kind of like really out on the NBA. But the NFL is so much happening and there's so many ever changing things. You know, we go back to a couple of years ago when you had the big offensive lineman who was supposed to be a first round pick, and then like literally on draft day, we'll pick up the picture of him and the gas smashing the bomb. You know what I'm saying. It's like there's so many things that happened. Like you're like, wait, what what you know? And the stories begin to circulating, sources, anonymous sources, this person, that person. So it's always.
Speaker 4: That you all.
Speaker 5: You know, you got a kid that's a possible first round pick, find out he has a car deal, and now now he's in.
Speaker 4: You know, if I'm him, I'll be weard of even going.
Speaker 5: To the draft, you know, because people can say they're gonna still be a top ten pick, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: You start and you be that one guy in the green room. But I couldn't not oh man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so we'll talk about that. We'll talk about kind of draft day experiences. But even though you and not neither one was drafted, we'll talk about a little bit of our draft day experiences. Uh, you know, how we how we dealt with things that day, and just just dig more into this Cowboys drafting man. We don't we don't really have any direction. We have some questions, we have some things that we want to get answered today. And will the Cowboys, like, will the Cowboys finally get their second round pick? Right right here with us? We'll come right back, We'll there local stay right here with this and hang with the boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, So no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 4: For crypto pros, rookies.
Speaker 11: And anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trust it by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 9: Siid gig has your back no matter what kind of fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or don't really care fan, Oh we got them next time, or we'll never win again. Fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're here every week fan or haven't been here in years, fan seat gig as you covered, download the seat geek ap to the seat gig.
Speaker 3: You're a tech of the great seats.
Speaker 12: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party? Bring Yokierro guacamole. Be the game day hero. Yo kiro means I want and we know you want. Great, fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices, it will be the star of any party. You can find us at your local Albertson's or Tom Thumb in the deli section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo Kiero, Yo Kiero Guacamole.
Speaker 2: Back to hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys on this Thursday. In Nefel Draft Day edition of Hanging with the Boys, the Cowboys pick at number twenty six tonight yep, Jerry Jones, Will McClay, Stephen Jones, Mike McCarthy, who's now calling the plays? You are old the clock? It is tick tick tick take take tick tick.
Speaker 8: Are they back there? They still moving guys around?
Speaker 3: Everything said no, then move guys around. This time was brought to you by Blockchain. Blockchain dot com. Also, the Rely Home Run Derby is just around the corner of the tenth annual Reliant Home Run Derby.
Speaker 4: It's back.
Speaker 3: Riders Field is back at Riders Field in Frisco on May third at six pm. Come see your favorite Dallas Cowboys swing for the fences to raise money for the Salvation Army. A mission in parking is free for the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Reliant h r D to learn more. See you all there. This is the same place that Michael Parsons. I love Michael Parsons such a competitor. This is the same place Michael Parson felt like he didn't have the right bat. Yeah ran to like Dick sporting goods or like sports Academy. We got a five hundred dollars back because it didn't like the batch they were provided for him for the home run Derby got. You gotta love a dude whose competitive spirit is that hot wine? Did he win?
Speaker 8: I think so?
Speaker 3: Did he win?
Speaker 8: Don't remember?
Speaker 7: But you know I can't remember who won last year.
Speaker 3: Gotta gotta gotta love it, all right. So the Cowboys, the Cowboys have been pretty good when it comes to first round pick. But I think we can all say a consensus that when it comes to that second round pick, they just they like to gamble.
Speaker 8: They go and why why is that.
Speaker 3: The curl don't quite curl all the way over on that on that second round pick?
Speaker 5: Just to give you I'm underdo our upper management say this is where we gamble?
Speaker 8: They must, yeah, this is where.
Speaker 4: We going because we hit big. It's a gusher, We hit that glory hole and everything.
Speaker 5: Just you know, that's mister Jones words, you know, but if but nobody never says, but.
Speaker 4: Boss, what if we don't hit big?
Speaker 3: Yeah, then we got like that?
Speaker 5: Though they like them taking no, no, Darnell all right, offenserve lineman.
Speaker 4: He'll be there well the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Speaking of home run Derby, the Cowboys have swung and at times they have hit things out of the park with that second round pick. Who and at times who they have been?
Speaker 8: Sham Williams last year had some off the field issues. He's had a pretty good He had a pretty good year. Who is that Sam Williams a defensive end last.
Speaker 4: Year fifteen games to get on the field.
Speaker 3: Trayvon Diggs was a second round pick for the Dallas Cowboys. That's a home run? That wasn't That was Andre Garard was the second round pick for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: That was a home run.
Speaker 5: That was a home run, But that was before we started picking. Marcus long shots, Marcus Lawrence, that was before we started picking.
Speaker 4: But that name something that wasn't home run.
Speaker 3: I'm getting ready to name some Let me just go back to two thousand and two kind of give you like almost a twenty year kind of fucking look at. These are some of the names that the Cowboys have drafted in the second round. An Tony O'Bryant, Andre Garrard, A J. Johnson who is AJ Johns? No clue? Two thousand and four, Jacob Rogers and Julius Jones. Julie Jones was a good second round pick two thousand and five, Kevin Burnett two thousand and six, Anthony Faugh Anthony Fasano, Anthony's father cool. I don't know what you how do you feel? He's a cool dude, though.
Speaker 4: We gotta go with cool? Great football? Yeah, okay, who do not great football?
Speaker 3: Twenty two thousand and eight, Martella's been in twenty ten, Shawn.
Speaker 4: Then last long didn't get along with the starting tight.
Speaker 3: Ends twenty eleven. Bruce Carter gotar Hills thirteen, Gavin Escobar fourteen, DeMarcus Lawrence gave.
Speaker 7: No longer with two thousand and three was Al Johnson A J.
Speaker 3: Johnson.
Speaker 7: It's out he was a center at A Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's still in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Nate, if you ain't do nothing, I can't get your name right to. Fourteen was DeMarcus Lawrence, fifteen was Raandy Gregory sixteen Rady Gregory, Jaylen Smith was sixteen, seventeen was Cheato.
Speaker 4: Jalen who eighteen was Jayen.
Speaker 3: Who, nineteen was Tristan Hill, twenty was Treyman, Trey Won Diggs twenty one with Tristan who, Kevin Joseph and Tristan who.
Speaker 4: We've had how many picks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you how many years did.
Speaker 5: You call out like twenty and over half when you batting over half that did not really play for us or really contribute in a way that is impactful.
Speaker 4: No, man, we got to stop that.
Speaker 8: The last decade. You've got maybe two Come on, man, Lawrence and.
Speaker 4: We we we.
Speaker 5: I got the guys. Darnell Wright, Tennessee offensive lineman six five three three thirty three. I got wild Will McDonald, I always state linebacker, small guy, but he made plays all over the field, six three to thirty nine. Put another five pounds on him. Run like a deer. Get after that ball. Help the Marcus, Yeah, assuming they help, not the markets, but help assuming.
Speaker 8: They take up a playmaker in the first round.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 8: So, assuming they make it, take a playmaker, do they have to go offensive line in one of the next.
Speaker 4: Two No, no, yes, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: You don't have to go offensive line. You only have to go offensive line once you make that second pick. Then you package up them garbage five and six and seven and try to get into the fourth, and you package up that garbage fourth and try to get into the third and get you to through the third round picks.
Speaker 3: You need a starting offensive lineman on this draft like a legit not not a project. You have to find a starting interior offensive lineman. So like center guard type situation.
Speaker 5: Down, they are right to find Cody Minch, North, Dakota State. Those two guys right there waiting on you. Is that the guy with no teeth, That guy with no teeth, short arms, can't play tackle. So that makes I spend the cost of my name. You don't like, but that that you know he don't play tackle, he play guard.
Speaker 4: He'll he'll bite in on you. You can know. You'll know his friends, but what he leaving, but he'll leave on you. That's right. I already got the guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, consistent stable Darnelle right Tennessee. And this guy right here, Cody Mitch. Those are you guys. Get them, they'll be there for you. Get them.
Speaker 3: What is it though about the second round for the cowboy that they just swing and miss so badly.
Speaker 8: I guess they feel like they can, like they feel like maybe there's a first round talent there and they just feel like they can. Whether it's the injury or the off the field stuff. They feel like they can manage that into getting a second round player with first round talent. I guess I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It ain't, but fifteen maybe every year there's anywhere from twelve to maybe fifteen true legit first round picks. So for the last out of twenty years, we've been eighteen years we've been trying to think we got a first round pick that ain't worked. Don't do that, get a second round piack, that is the second round pick that will work.
Speaker 6: Can I make a I mean, I don't think they have failed on second round picks in the last ten years.
Speaker 7: I really don't think.
Speaker 6: So let's here, Okay, this is why, because I'm looking at all these second round picks. Okay, So I'll give you, say Kelvin Joseph, I'll give you that it's his his story is still not written, correct, Would you say that.
Speaker 5: It's it's written, but the rap is written. I don't know if the story is written.
Speaker 3: Album it was written? Okay, Joseph Wish can get anywhere to do that.
Speaker 6: Okay, he's still in the league, correct, All right, So of all these guys in the last ten years, only one guy is not.
Speaker 4: In the league, right, but not on our team.
Speaker 3: On our team, But I understand.
Speaker 6: But like Cheetah went and got a big deal. Connor Williams got a huge deal in Miami. Jaylen Smith, yes he got cut, but he's now. So you saying coaches, you know, I'm just saying that they're not They're not all bust.
Speaker 7: They're still in the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I know they may have not worked out here, but we we couldn't afford.
Speaker 7: Him at times. Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't think you can say, well, that second round pick was a bust.
Speaker 7: I mean, Cheeto's making some good money. He went to Super Bowl, had an interception. I don't think Cheetah was a bust.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's We're not saying, we're saying a bus but it just has been bad, like because you expect a first and the second round pick to be with that team at least to a second contract.
Speaker 6: But well, they wanted Randy for a second contract, right, I mean he left they want That's not a bust.
Speaker 8: Did they have they had the kind of impact that they expected though? Did they make a good enough impact here.
Speaker 4: So they could get that second country?
Speaker 6: I mean I think they wanted Cheeto to say, but he left. Like like, you look at a guy like Connor Williams. He was He started seventeen games with the Miami Dolphins last year at center. Maybe that's us not putting him at center earlier. But I don't think he's a bust. Does that make sense?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: You know we're not calling him bus.
Speaker 5: We'll call them guys that did not work out for one reason or another for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And I'm with Jesse.
Speaker 5: If you got the first second, possibly a middle or early third pick, these guys should be first divid up for new contracts. He can't say, I mean just cause we got a second round pick. Okay, well we ain't gonna pay you, Connor. We ain't gonna pay you what a cheetah bay or whatever. We're not gonna pray. You know, these are the guys you want to pay because I mean, everybody can't be paid big money. But you can't just keep going out every year trying to look for bargain after bargain after bargain, because you're never gonna get to the second round like that somebody. One of the years, we got to anti it up, you know, We've been talking for ten years about if we if you know about getting there, the window is closing.
Speaker 4: So but I got to happen.
Speaker 6: So sometimes as we get we get too caught up in Kelvin Joseph and Tristan Hill and people on the rest of the second round.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But see the thing is you get caught up because they are on the team or they were on the team, and you slow about. You got rid of them quick if you got once you realize that, okay, this guy is not gonna be what we what we desire, then you get rid of him, and then you don't You don't have that better taste in your mouth, you know.
Speaker 6: But you kind of see my point. I mean, yeah, some of these guys are getting second.
Speaker 5: That's why I got DNA, all right, and I got Big Donald ready to go so we can replace them round picks.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: No, Sam Williams is gonna be a good player, I do.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest thing in Tonight's point is we're not calling them bust. We're just saying they didn't do what we needed them to do for us to be drafted. That high impact you're looking you're looking for more of an impactful player like you know, I played with Andre right, Andre Gara. Andre was a really good center, Yes he was. At one point in time, he was the highest paid center in the National Football League and had a good career here in Dallas. I played with Sean Lee. When Sean Lee was healthy, was one of the good, if not one of the best linebackers in the National Football League. But you look at that situation to go, this is the same injuries that he was dealing with in college he ended up dealing with in the league. And there I'm old enough to remember that when Shawn Lee went out, this team got real bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, ve got in on it.
Speaker 3: But then there's you know, there's other guys like you know, what was Martella's been? It was that coaching? Was that Martelli's right? Was that a player in front of him that you know, we don't really know what Martellis was.
Speaker 7: We don't think he was more about the player in front of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because Mark Tellis went on and had a pretty a hell of a career, a career.
Speaker 7: Super Bowl cost some people some jobs.
Speaker 3: Right right, I mean, so again that that that that goes back to saying was it was it a misevaluation because you drafted him in the second round, then you didn't use them. You see what I'm saying. It's like, why go that high for a pick and then say, well, the guy in front of him, Well, wait a second, the guy in front of him was going to be the guy in front of him the Monday before draft, the Tuesday before draft, Wednesday before draft, and on draft.
Speaker 4: Day and the whole examination of going to the school working.
Speaker 6: About But also I think that was a I think that was a league problem at the time because everybody was playing with two tight ends and we said, okay, we got win, we need to get another tight end to compliment him. Does that make sense, because like I think New England at the time was playing with you know what I'm saying, Like, I think that's what happens sometimes in the league where it's like, Okay, New England won a Super Bowl and they had two tight ends.
Speaker 3: The grunk Hernandez situation didn't come till after that.
Speaker 8: It was an Escobar. We picked a second round pick.
Speaker 4: They yeah, reach, you know what, that's when we even get caught up in that.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 5: The thing is, for some reason or another, the second round picks on the majority does not work out for the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys for one reason or nothing.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm calling the front of telling them, Darnell all right for Tennessee, and Will McDonald or our state.
Speaker 4: Linebacker is ready to go. They are ready and prime be ready to go.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's let's take our final break because we'renna get out here a little early today. We all have some drafts up that we need to do, so let's take our final break.
Speaker 4: So have y'all been recruiting at the high school and snatching up kids?
Speaker 3: I was recruiting the other night. I'm out here. I'm out here.
Speaker 4: I'm like that championship. I'm coming. We come in.
Speaker 7: And it may not be Louis though.
Speaker 3: No, it's not Louis. It's it's more like jan Sport. It's like it's like I got a Jazz sport back.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: It's not Louis. But I'm out here. I'm out here. So let's go to our final break. When we come back, we'll just wrap this thing up for the NFL Draft and get out of here, and let's see what the Cowboys do the night hang with the boys.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back Darnelle Right.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party, Bring your Kiero wacamole and be the game day hero.
Speaker 8: Yo kiro means I want and we know you want.
Speaker 13: Great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices.
Speaker 3: It will be the star of any party.
Speaker 13: You can find us at your local Albertsons or tom Thumb in the Delhi section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo kiio yo kiero guacam on.
Speaker 9: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the sea Geek after day seat Geek you're a ticket, They're great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 11: I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trust ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 4: For cryptopros, rookies.
Speaker 11: And anyone in between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trust it by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboys fans, if you're thinking about attending a game this season, visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today. Stay at the Team Hotel, have dinner with a Cowboys legend, and experience at and T Stadium's exclusive VIP Owners Club. Also tour the Star, get autographs from your favorite players, and talk x's and o's with me. Mickey Spagnola, the official travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, will take care of all your travel needs. Visit Cowboystravel dot.
Speaker 14: Com back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys on this Thursday Draft Day edition. The Cowboys are picking at number twenty six. We've all decided we're all going tight end. Different tight end that we may want to go, but we're all going tight end. A playmaker for Dak Prescott, keeping this thing quarterback friendly. My boy, freaking Mike is on the clock and it's now whatever. It's now whatever, Mike, it's now or never. You are now in complete control.
Speaker 4: What years this is for me?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 8: Third?
Speaker 3: Third? Third is the third?
Speaker 11: Four?
Speaker 3: This is going there four.
Speaker 4: This took me three years to do, which I want you to do?
Speaker 3: You are this is it?
Speaker 8: Is that changing the strategy?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: This is it draft strategy.
Speaker 3: If I'm Mike McCarthy, I'm trying to get every because last year, you gotta admit that they went heavy defensively and they gave they gave possibly their future head coach Dan Quinn all the picks that he want. I mean, he got all of them. They were they were. They got some receivers and some other guys here and there, but for the most part, it was a heavy defensive draft. Mike, you're on the clock, buddy, Like you are on like your football season and your draft is on the clock. But your job is on the clock. And I do think if he's keeping along the same lines that he's going in there and these sayings.
Speaker 4: About what Cody, oh, what Cody Man?
Speaker 3: I need I need some offensive playmakers. I need to solidify this offensive line. But yeah, Mike, you're on the clock. This this this has to change the philosophy of how you going in and drafted.
Speaker 5: And I got you covered right here with Donnelle Washington at your first round pick, down All Wright or either Will McDonald or Cody mitch as your second round pick. Remember that running back at Bama Gibbs still out there.
Speaker 4: That was sweet this.
Speaker 8: Day bring back good memories for you guys.
Speaker 9: Or frustrating me, Marie up the days I was passed with twelve rounds.
Speaker 3: I mean for me, I knew I wasn't going in the first round. And you know the draft when I was doing it was like the first two or three rounds, Like in that first.
Speaker 5: Day we had like six seven that my first day because it was twelve and I knew I wasn't getting drafted.
Speaker 4: I just knew I was gonna get a litt bit of money they signed with somebody.
Speaker 3: So I was always like, like, you know rounds four and five for real? Yeah I thought I thought. I thought there was some conversation there and rounds.
Speaker 4: Four or five with bold. I didn't fool me.
Speaker 3: They fooled me.
Speaker 4: I was sitting up eating French fries and drain and cook.
Speaker 5: Now I ain't even name name the beer because they don't do most players.
Speaker 8: Current players are.
Speaker 4: They more incited about this. They way more guys.
Speaker 8: Bottom on the roster kind of nervous about this day.
Speaker 5: I mean how they they always tried to draft the dude to replace me for the first four years I was here. Oh this offensive line didn't think about they'll call me fat and go out and draft somebody fatter than me.
Speaker 4: I was like, wow, way to go, Fellas.
Speaker 3: I told you guys our draft. They you know, there's one of the reasons why Jason Garrett. This is like I don't have a problem with Jason Garrett, but there's some things I just just aren't. They don't always match up from the coaching style. Because I remember I whish I had fifty two of you, not even that we're sitting in the meeting, like right now they're doing like the voluntary meeting. We had a meeting before the draft, and Jason's like, hey, we're good offensively, We're good, Like we're gonna we're gonna dive into this thing defensively. And I remember everyone leave for the like little little break, and I'm in Mexico. I'm in Mexico, uh, you know, doing my Mexico thing. And listen the cop that's Brian. I'm like, wait what what hold on? And So to answer your question, yes, I got worried because I'm I'm at the bottom and it's like if you bring in another guy that pushes the roster down, which potentially pushed me out, and my phone goes off and all the other receivers are calling him. Liked baby Beep said he we were good offensively, take you take a receiver in the first pick. So guys like Patrick Creating and Sam Herd and Roy Williams and Miles Off they were all calling me because that's what it was. But yeah, it's gonna be exciting, fun day tonight Cowboys pick at number twenty six. We'll be able to talk about all this next week. So happy drafting. To all of you guys, thanks to Nate, thanks to Kurt, thanks.
Speaker 5: To Chris, Will McDonald would be out there, so broke the second round. I'm trying to get you stable, guys. I am Zaddyaddy, I am. We're not gonna draft you tonight.
Speaker 4: We got d right.
Speaker 3: If you need a Zaddy. If you need a Zaddy, draft me.
Speaker 8: Here's the first raft.
Speaker 3: Yeah for you is the first round to pick out? This I want because I'm my draft will be slipping.
Speaker 4: So what time will? What's that we expect you to?
Speaker 8: What are you on the clock?
Speaker 3: On the clock. This is hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: Next time we out, we out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.