Speaker 1: The NBA playoffs get underway next month, and I want to look ahead to the finals. Okay, but before I do that, if you listen to him, he'll tell you the world has been calling for him, the world has missed him. Everybody's got to see him. Nephew Josh is in the house. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: What's up man? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: I'm great. Friday I had a bad day. I mean I got fired, got fired on Friday?
Speaker 2: You got fired? Yeah, even got fired.
Speaker 3: Well, I went to work.
Speaker 2: What you do?
Speaker 3: I went to work. I was I was drinking on a job, celebrating my contract. And how much do you get? Five years fifty million? Was it five years fifty million? Because I know you don't think the whole hundred million is yours.
Speaker 1: First of all, only a fool discusses their money's out. Secondly, it ain't nearly as it ain't as much as the report say. Number here's my question, here's here's mind. Couldn't know you don't have half?
Speaker 3: What that?
Speaker 1: You ain't my wife, I ain't marry you, we ain't getting divorced. You ain't getting ady.
Speaker 2: He told you that Number.
Speaker 3: One, you meet your wife. When you're an adult. We've been together since. I'm saying, box over here? Now, what were you saying?
Speaker 1: What the hell kind of hat you have on? Don't ask me for nothing?
Speaker 2: What do you have? What do you have for people to ask? What do you have?
Speaker 3: First of all, Friday, your nephew Jason came and woke me up talking about we rich I'm like, we, I know me and your uncle Richmond. Why are you saying that he the one to let me know that we signed the contract? Crazy find out from a twelve year old?
Speaker 2: So let me ask you.
Speaker 1: So, so, let me ask you this question because I'm curious, Bro, how is it that you're my nephew? I want you to explain this logic to me. How is it that you're my nephew and you think because I have a little something, you automatically have something. But when it comes to your own son, you saying what you're talking about, you don't. So, in other words, your uncle has an obligation to you, but you don't have an obligation to your own son.
Speaker 2: Explain that logic.
Speaker 3: Because my son spends most of his time with his mother, I be with you making sure you're right. You see me, I got here today on time. You're always say when I'm late, let the world now go? Was early today?
Speaker 2: You wan time? You on time for change? I give that you. But back to my point.
Speaker 1: He's still your son, I mean, and when you're not with him, it's supposedly because you're working. Right, So since you out there working, because you do know, you're supposed to be responsible to take care of your responsibilities. Since you out there working, that's your son. Therefore you have more of an obligation to him than I do to you.
Speaker 3: Griff cut to the pictures because I don't think he's understanding where I'm coming from. I've been around since day one. Look at me. That's to me last time I graduated, by the way, But it don't matter. That's ups that's when you had a little hand. It's a little foward. Look. Don't nobody got these pictures but me. Shaw, I'm another one. Let me see smooth Stephen there. Look at Steve nads hairline. Look, I'm raising your value. They don't know you got this type of stuff, all white, slick. I was there for that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna kill you, you.
Speaker 3: Barbecue you back now.
Speaker 2: I I you understand what I'm going to do to Oh.
Speaker 3: And Stevie, you're a human being. People don't think you got kid pictures. I'm here now you go to gils Arena and stuff like that. They need to know you was a kid at one point. People don't think you're a human being pushing sixty.
Speaker 2: Why they don't think?
Speaker 1: They don't think I'm a human being because I got a little nephew that's talking about robbing me all the damn tom taking half my stuff like he's my wife.
Speaker 2: You understand that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm That's what that's the problem that I have, more so than anything like that. I can't believe you found those damn pictures. I'm going to kill you, I swear to you. When I get back home, you're gonna disappear. The world is gonna be acting where his nephew, Josh, you're gonna be.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be buried someplace when I get through with your ass. Ooh, I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 3: There's a lot more picks in the cut, and they're don't get released if I go missing. I watch Power and I set my scene. So what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Today, and you set your seeds, you set your scene. You set your scene by the way. As an aside before we get into the finals, Yo, bro, I was watching.
Speaker 1: I was watching Raisin Kanan season premier Friday night.
Speaker 2: I like, I mean, I'm for it. I'm for it. I'm telling you that right now. I like what I see. Do you like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Raising Kanan is probably my second favorite, after a Regular Power.
Speaker 2: That Raising All right, so we got something in common.
Speaker 1: But see, I like Regular Power and then I like Ghosts with Tyreek.
Speaker 2: Right that.
Speaker 1: That Forced with Tommy is good to you know. I personally think they should be and I've been telling them this. I personally think they should come out with a political show with Lorenz Tape as the star of the show is the bad guy, because I think him in power doing his thing. I think he's phenomenal, and I think that he should have his own series.
Speaker 3: When you think about that, I thought so too. Ahead of the Force, don't really Tommy. Tommy's good, but I need Tommy with somebody else. Laurence Tate is an a one actor and now to definitely work.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you need them with someone else. I like those brothers he's with though I like those brothers. But but let me tell you this though, that that yeah, yeah, that that that Latina he's got Tommy and Ford says that she's nice, she's nice, she's nice.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 2: I gotta give credit with credits. Let me move on, Let me move on, Let me move on.
Speaker 1: I got some NBA stuff that I was thinking about this over the weekend, and I said, let me ask Josh about this, because I know you watch the basketball.
Speaker 2: A little bit. I gotta ask this question. I'm giving you four options.
Speaker 1: Right, you can take ratings, you could take basketball. So we're gonna categorize them as the best basketball matchup and the best ratings matchup. Right, you can put them in any categories you want. Lakers versus Boston Finals, Lakers versus Cleveland Finals, Boston versus OKC, or Cleveland versus OKC. Give me one through four, your best your favorite to your least favorite.
Speaker 3: Well, number one would be Boston OKC. And I'm gonna tell you why. I want to see Jason Tatum kind of dominate the playoffs all over again because of how he was treated in the Olympics. And I also want to see the player, the forward on Serbia that had outmatched him so bad that he couldn't play one second in the Olympic game. I think that he's on the path to destruction as far as the league, and he's being disrespected all yeah, y'all even have segments of how and why he's suspected. It's time for him to come out and show that he could be the face.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're saying the number one finals matchup you want.
Speaker 2: To see is Bosston versus ok s. Okay, what's number two?
Speaker 3: Number two? Is not anybody that that that you had in there? Because I feel like you're forgetting about Steph Curry. Why isn't he Why isn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't. I don't think. I don't think go to State, going to the funals, you don't think? So now, no, no, I don't think they got the horses.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Steph Curry has gotten Harrison Bonds a championship as a small forward, Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant is Kevin Durant, but Andrew Wiggins champion. And now he got Jimmy Butler. I have seen Jimmy Butler go with with Tyler Herro and Kyle Lowry. Now he got Steph Curry. You don't think they're gonna put a run together.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think. I'm not saying they're not gonna put a run together. I'm saying that I don't think it's gonna get them to the finals. Who you got next after that?
Speaker 3: Cleveland and the Lakers. You'll know why, storyline stuff, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Lebron returning to Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Lebron returning to Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what you got is for.
Speaker 3: For OKC and against Donovan Mitchell and them. I would like to see Shay against Donovan Mitchell. I'd be That's my c TV. That's a my S matchup.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you my order right now, right, I'm gonna tell you why. First of all, when you think about OKAC versus Cleveland, that's the best game of the regular season this year.
Speaker 2: That's far.
Speaker 1: When OKAC went to Cleveland and Cleveland be there, it was the best game of the season.
Speaker 2: That was a thriller. Right.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you what I want right now, Cleveland versus la Lebron returning to Cleveland to try to knock them off and prevent them from capturing the championship. I think that would be huge ratings, all right, so I would want that that's number one. I'm gonna go with Boston l a number two because that's just I mean, that's just epic.
Speaker 2: Yo, that's just epic. That's what See, that's you not knowing your history.
Speaker 1: Eighteen championships from Boston, seventeen for the Los Angeles Lakers. The two of them combined to capture thirty five championships. That's forty five percent of the seventy eight championships that have been won in NBA history. See, you don't know this stuff, you young whipping snapper. This is why I'm here for you. Okay, So that would be number two on the list. Number three on the list. Number three on the list would be okay, s versus Cleveland because of what we saw during the regular season, all right.
Speaker 2: And last would be okay, see versus Boston.
Speaker 1: But I think those last two will both be that would be the last of the four.
Speaker 2: That'll be the last of four.
Speaker 3: That's where I'm coming from with you got the Lakers at the top of your list twice you mean talking my list? You would rather see the Lakers in the finals. And you just mentioned that two times, right.
Speaker 2: Josh, Josh, Josh, Josh Josh. Where do I want to be in June?
Speaker 3: Where do you what?
Speaker 2: Where do I want to be in June?
Speaker 3: In LA? We all know that. Why why you basing what we gotta watch off where you want to be? We got a hundred million, we can go to LA after.
Speaker 2: We don't. We don't. We don't have that.
Speaker 1: We don't have that, And and the bottom line is that we got to go where the action is. So the point is wherever the games are is where I have to be.
Speaker 2: At least this year. That next year.
Speaker 1: You understand, I may not be on the NBA like that because you know, we got Chuck and Shack and them coming to ESPN and stuff like that. So I ain't got to go to the finals like that. So I don't have to be there like that. Don't bother me. You under saying they want me, they want me to They don't, they don't. I'm good, But I'm just telling you.
Speaker 2: This right now.
Speaker 1: I gotta be there this year because I'm covering the finals for ABEC. So of course I'm gonna think about my life. Man, I don't if I don't have to travel to Oklahoma City. Why would I want to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't do that. I ain't even no direct flights there. Well, since you put them, I had to flying the Dallas to drive three outs.
Speaker 3: Since you put it that way. I want to see the leaguers in the in the in the finals two because we will be there.
Speaker 2: We're gonna you come in to the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So why don't you tell an audience it doesn't happen unless I give you permission to go. Because you are the nephew and I am the uncle, why don't you tell an audience.
Speaker 3: That, Oh no, I got Genie Buss on Instagram and now my my, I got a blue check. So I'll be dming celebrities and stuff like that, and they be answering. So you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I would slap you upside your head for lying and playing around if I didn't run into a couple of celebrities here in LA just the other day that said you had you had spoken to them?
Speaker 2: You've been you, you have been speaking to them. I know what's wrong with you.
Speaker 3: On March nineteenth, I bought a whole role at Glowriller's concert, at the Hammerstein Ballroom with the company cars. So you see it on the invoice. Don't text me about it. I told you ahead of time. You can come too. It's eight tickets.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna file your ass. You keep trying to spend my money. Tell you that right now.
Speaker 3: Can't unephew me sing the Gills Arena.
Speaker 2: That's it for this edition. That's Steven A. Smith. Shall go ahead say the last word. How ay y'all?
Speaker 3: I have one more thing to touch on, So you're not gonna bring me with you on Gills Arena. But I do want them to know. They were all basketball players. So when they was on the interview to be drafted by a team, that energy that they had during the interview, where you drop the street and you one hundred percent corporate because you're trying to get somebody's money. That's what you do. You do it all the time, you do it twenty four to seven. You live like you're on an interview. So when they add when they call you whatever they call you, when they question your blackness and stuff like that, I'm here to bring it back because if you have any questions, as you can see, i'm as black as they come, and then as black as it gets, we from the same house. And if anybody has a uh, you know, a problem with you, they have a problem to make.
Speaker 2: My little nephew coming. Hold on for second, here, did that's just hear my little enough, you try to speak up.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna grab some tissue. But it ain't nothing. The money sacks here, but I gonna I'm not gonna expose us like that. You gotta cut it.
Speaker 2: I gotta go go. Good Bye, y'all, goodbye y'all.