Speaker 1: Good to see everybody, Thanks for being here, good practice. Excited about the upcoming game obviously on Christmas Night getst a very worthy opponent, big challenge for us. Guys are working hard, We're excited.
Speaker 2: What questions you have, John, this is only like the second time you guys have actually been not favorites, been underdogs.
Speaker 3: Will that be used in any of the messaging this week with you?
Speaker 1: It was mentioned, he was mentioned, Sure doesn't met it be as a sack at levens straight games, ties, NFL record teams are obviously watching a lot of film on him.
Speaker 4: How's he still able to be some productive physic just mincers, the staff.
Speaker 5: Physical people.
Speaker 1: Well, he's doing great. He's playing really well, Todd. I mean that's probably the main things. He's playing at a high level. He's pretty relentless. But also probably have to say to your point, he's got a lot of guys playing around him really well too. So those guys kind of feed off each other, protect one another, create opportunities for one another.
Speaker 6: John, Obviously you know the injury to Key and all the guys behind and have experienced guys you leaned out and used and played well. Curious though, how things change I guess from a running game perspective, if at all in terms of play called scheme, game playing.
Speaker 7: All that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we're gonna run our offense. I mean, it'll be our offense with the guys we have the plays that he was running. The other guys can run, you know, and everybody puts their own fingerprint on the play. You know, the play looks the way it does a lot of times because the guy is running it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's that's really the personality of a play. Everybody runs very similar plays, but not all look the same. So the guys running it will put their flare onto it and do that obviously to be we're making a miss Keaton. You know, he's he's a great player, great guy, one of the young guys, you know, kind of a revelation, you know, and he'll continue to be that when he comes back, and uh, the other guys will get their chance and they'll go get the job done.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 4: When it comes to ball party, it seems like a lot of people have different opinions when it comes to the type of player he is. What do you see when you watch him all film? And must have been like kind of game planning to try to stop him.
Speaker 1: Right well, Back, Purdy, I see, I see a really, really, very good quarterback who's playing at a very high level, leading a very high level offense to great success. I mean, he's playing winning football, you know, and operates in his style. You know, he sees things. He gets a pall of quick he's got to make every throw he throws beautiful ball, moves around the pocket, scrambles when he needs to, throws on a run when he needs to, operates the system really well. I mean all the things that I'm sure their coaches really want to see in a quarterback. I'm sure he's doing really well. So for us, he's just a matter of defending the offense. He's a part of the offense. They have a lot of good players, they have a really good scheme. So applying our defense and our our players, our abilities and physicality and all the other things we do to trying to stop their offense.
Speaker 8: John, You've talked about their therefore all pro caliber playmakers on Monday, and kind of each one of those guys is I guess a different kind of threat. I mean, given that, how helpful is it to have a guy like Kyle who can be kind of a different kind of defender on each series if you needed me to.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we feel like we match up well against anybody. But basically, and we like our players a lot. We think we have really really excellent players, the highest level players. It's gonna be hard to to for us not to match up well, it's gonna be hard to outmatch us. I don't care who you are. So we like our matchups. I'm sure they like ours. And we're gonna play on on Monday night.
Speaker 7: How when you look at the.
Speaker 9: Film through the games and just played the record, if you like, you guys have played your best game yet?
Speaker 7: Is that still?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think we have played our best game yet. You know, for sure, we haven't played our best game yet. That's something you work for. We talk about all the time. We try to improve all the time, and we had a really good practice today. So we're continuing to try to do that and put our best game in front of us.
Speaker 10: Still, I could just be winning the stowback games, but do strong running games and being very disciple.
Speaker 1: Tens well, you know, I mean it's probably an interesting term. I think that's always going to be football, you know, Mike, it's always going to be about that at the end of the day. So yes, probably it's gonna be that kind of game. For sure. It's going to be it's you got two strong defenses. You got too, you've got strong offensive line, strong running games, you got playmakers really on every side. Also, you've got strong special teams. I mean, all these things come into play in a game like that.
Speaker 3: More has this crazy, like nineteen to one record against the NFC.
Speaker 2: Do you you kind of feel that if there's sort of an adjustment period that for teams that don't regularly see kind of Lamar in your style.
Speaker 1: Of offense, right, I don't know, a good question for the teams over there, you know, so, but it's a good record.
Speaker 5: I hope. I hope it's twenty and one to his game.
Speaker 9: Johnny, think that we see Lamar developed the immature and I think you've talked about just how well he's.
Speaker 3: Managing the game.
Speaker 7: What goes into being a good game manager.
Speaker 9: And I guess is there anything that he does that you think he doesn't get enough credit for?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that. I mean to me, like we and we talk about it quite a bit here. You guys have heard me talk about a lot. He operates the huddle at the line, his clock management, his ability to work the play clock with the motion the play call, even when we're on late, like early in the game, we didn't have our helmet and uh, and it was operating the tea basically signaling the signals, you know, like with sign language. I didn't know Lamar news signed. They have their own sign language, I guess, and they were able to get those plays in there before we could get the helmet. And Lamar still, you know, kept it, kept it smooth and operated without any real panic. You know, he's got a real a real flair for being you know, calm in those kinds of situations.
Speaker 6: Touched on this in different ways, But what's the the toughest channels that San Francisco presents to see you guys?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: If I said one, I would be, I would be How could I even pick one? There's so many. That's a really good football team, you know, and uh, they challenge it multiple different ways, so I really couldn't pick one thing.
Speaker 3: John w andcja out there is there any concern about his status?
Speaker 1: Uh no, no, I'm concern.
Speaker 11: What's on the John harball Christmas wish list.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, life is always better when you win, right, So that's probably the number one thing that we're all going to try to accomplish out there. But I would say, you know, if you if you're asking it, if anybody really cares, I would just say that we all, you know, really try to remember you know that the Advent message, you know, and the idea that there are a great and amazing incredible things going on, and and just the very fact that we have life, and the very fact that we you know, we have something beyond that, you know that is eternal, and uh, that we're all here together for a reason to live together, you know, and in peace.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Let's, uh, that's what I would say. Let's try to try to get along, you know, let's try to get a long for a week. See if we can pull that off, you know, it'd be nice. So but I guess that would be it. And a win that you know, those two things. World piece and a win.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure not over.
Speaker 12: Kind of piggybacking off of that, just to be on the road on Christmas, is there any kind of special thing that you with its New Moon Christmas morning.
Speaker 9: Or how do you handle that as it communicated?
Speaker 1: No, we just get ready for the gay No, I wish I wish we had some clever thing. We'll probably have. We'll probably have some turkey and ham probably for the pregame meal. I guess maybe, I don't know, but no, football, it's all football.
Speaker 3: Impressions of watching him.
Speaker 12: I mean, the right around the league is he's a system quarterback, and I just think that's not true just from what obviously, And he's making every throw and you can make as quarterbacks on time, on target, makes good decisions, he's mobile, and he's got a great cast around him at the same time. But I mean, yeah, he's he's really good, and props to him for Uh it's a pretty cool story of what he's done now. And he's MVP race, so it's gonna be a good challenge. But I'm excited to do it.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 11: Do you guys embrace the underdog role?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 12: I think yes and no. I think internally we don't feel that way externally. I don't know what it is, whether it's I don't know what it is, but whether it's the lack of primetime games got or whatever. But I think the eleven and threes are not created equal right now in terms of the forty nine ers versus US, and we feel a little disrespected by that. I feel like we are the best team in the league and we got an opportunity in front of the country to show it.
Speaker 8: At the same time, is there a feeling, I mean, you look at the playmakers they have, is there a feeling that they could make you look bad if you're not on point with everything you do.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean there's that feeling every game though. I mean there's playmakers all around the league on every team, and doesn't matter who you play with, it's forty nine ers or whoever else, if you're not executing the right way, then you gotta look bad, especially at the dB position in terms of communication and being in the right place, right time, and being over the top. That's why I think it just really comes down to us us executing, being in our place when we're supposed to be and at the end of the day, that's all it comes down to.
Speaker 5: When you look at the.
Speaker 4: Guys that they do have on offense, specifically guys like McCaffrey, Kittle and Deebo Sam. Do you feel like this type of matchup against this team is where you our total scale that can kind of be put on full display.
Speaker 12: Uh yeah, I mean I kind of take that mindset in every game, just trying to exert my best, uh in what we're doing with the game plan is shifting from one side to another. But at the same time, I feel like it's an opportunity for everybody on defense to really showcase what we we're about against a great offense. You know, perhaps those guys are there, playmakers all over the field, solid front line, and I think we're just the guys to go handle it. But at the same time, we got to be locked in good week preparation going out there, travel time, all that taking into consideration. But it's really all just distractions at the end of the day, and I think we're to go out there and do we do good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no problems at all.
Speaker 5: Good because you like.
Speaker 8: That you're to do so many different things in the course of the game, Like does it make it more engaging and entertaining in a way that you know you might be a completely different player on one series than another.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah.
Speaker 12: It's a little tiring at times, but and and mentally and physically, but I think it's it's it said this earlier.
Speaker 7: It's just.
Speaker 12: I appreciate the coaches for putting that trust in my hands and allowing me to do separate things and coaching me to the level where I can do with them both well.
Speaker 7: And I feel like just.
Speaker 12: Goes to a tribute to our staff with how good they've been the whole season and how top to bottom offense, defense and defensively, D line.
Speaker 7: The backers, dbs, everybody's just.
Speaker 12: On one accord and it's been kind of like perfect harmony.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: A lot of people a talking about this could possibly be a Super Bowl preview.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of hype around this game as players playing in this scheme.
Speaker 2: Do you feel is there a different vibe about different feeling about.
Speaker 3: This game so far?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think so. I mean, you can't ignore it.
Speaker 12: But it's two great teams going at it on Monday night, and you know we're on Christmas Day.
Speaker 7: It's kind of the biggest it gets.
Speaker 12: But we got to be where our feed are and that's Wednesday meetings right now, and can't look forward to the game right now because we want to prepare ourselves a correct way. But I think we all know what's up. But I think at the same time, we've got to go and play a game.
Speaker 11: He has based a lot of good running bets this year. Is Christian McCaffrey a different level of challenge and what do you seeking him that really stay?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean he's one of the best in our league, and for good reason. He's very first at a lot of different things that you can do. He's good in pass pro, he's good catching ball obviously, he's good and running the ball as well obviously. But yeah, he presents a lot of challenges and he's been doing it for a long time, so respect him. But I feel like on our side, we got a good plan try to slow him down, and I think if we execute, will be good.
Speaker 11: With the way that you play this year, your profile has certainly been raised, whether it's Pro Bowl of voting or you know, Chris Collins will spend a good amount of time on the broadcast talking about this season that you're having one of those things. Meet to you, how significant is it to get that type of recognition.
Speaker 12: Off, I would say it's cool, just cool. I think it's pretty honestly at the end of the day. You know, growing up watching the NFL. You always see these guys who are doing well around the league, and I've always wanted to be that and to this point now, I feel like I've done pretty well this year, but I feel like there's still a lot that can improve on and a lot that I want to get better at. And I don't feel like I personally I've had, let's say, a satisfactory year. I've had a good year, but I feel like I hold myself to a high standard and I have a lot more getting better to do.
Speaker 7: That's why it's just cool.
Speaker 8: Bro Quinn called you a bleeping warrior after the game on Sunday. Was that a meaningful thing to hear from a guy who was as ferocious a player.
Speaker 7: As he is. I guess yeah, I would say so.
Speaker 12: I mean, he's always giving me a hard time around the building, so to hear a path in the back feels good. But at the same time, I know, for that one comment, one good comment, I'm gonna have one hundred bad ones. So I take it in stride and it is what it is. But I appreciate him for it. Literally everything I could breath the wrong way and it would make fun of me.
Speaker 9: Like the follow up on childish question about all the things to do on this defense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think in the.
Speaker 9: Past couple of weeks we've seen you do things like, you know, dropping to that CAMPU two spot and then we were kind.
Speaker 7: Of covering the guy the seed. Is that something you'd.
Speaker 9: Ever done in your in your career And I guess how did that specific role kind of come to you and you know, the coaches and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think, uh, Notre Dame.
Speaker 12: I played it a little bit, uh, not a ton, mostly just on third downs, so I was probably playing nickel if we played sixty snaps, I played probably eight times in game. But now, I mean the way our roster was set up last year, you know, we had Chuck obviously, he was a great player at the safety position. We had Marcus as well, and uh, and I feel like the nickel spot was kind of there, and we had injuries going down. We had cal Fuller go down and Pepe got hurt, and I feel like they were kind of just looking for a spot for me to fill in that I believe I could do and tried it out.
Speaker 7: And we're here now. So I mean it worked out pretty well. Early in the season.
Speaker 13: You guys took pride on playing the Browns, who were then ranked number one defense, and there was expressions that I helped disrespected them. Last week, you guys bullied the bullies and had you know, talked about wanting to go against Jacksonville and and be more physical this week.
Speaker 7: You're the underdogs as.
Speaker 13: A team, and you said that eleven and three is aren't build the same. You feel you're not getting to respect that you guys have learned and get deserved throughout all the work this season.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I feel like we take it with the grain of salt. You know, there's gotta be a narrative made, and if we're on the wrong side of it, so be it.
Speaker 7: But I think we don't really care about that. Honestly.
Speaker 12: I know I don't, and I know a lot of guys on the other team speaking for everybody else, I assume that we're all in the same mindsett in the sense that we we.
Speaker 7: Only have control of what we do, what we say.
Speaker 12: And we talked with our pats, so, like I said, we still gotta go play football game, no matter how much we want to talk about it, no matter how much we want to say we're underdogs or this and that or overhype whatever.
Speaker 7: We still gotta go play a game. So that's what it comes down to, Lamar.
Speaker 4: When you watch the Niners, obviously it's they've they've got studs all across the defense. But what what do you see when you watch the film with that.
Speaker 5: Pend Uh, guys are flying around, making making splash plays, making things happen on defense. It's making it's going turchdowns on defense. I'm saying a lot.
Speaker 6: What's the biggest challenge did you see when you watch the fields looking in terms of what they present to you.
Speaker 5: In the defense? Mind pushing the pocket? Uh, linebackers flying all across the field, making making tackles. DB's playing fundamental sound football.
Speaker 9: Famar Thomas callen out. You guys have to hel much difficulties on that first nap.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: First I forgets tracks as though, Uh, how was that experience for you? And how were you able to kind of you to maintain your car, leave you a the offensive super goal range and just kind of manage all that stress and uncertainty.
Speaker 5: Oh I wasn't. It wasn't really stressed. Uh, headphones just went out first. It was the first play. Actually, I was just trying to get a get a number or whatever on the ridge band, and I think I was calling my own plays pretty much cause I was calling the wrong numbers off the ridge band and we were just moving the ball. So it it worked in our favor to be to be honest, it was cool. I managed it well.
Speaker 11: But what this is, uh, obviously a big game you know too, two teams at the top AFC in the NFC. H y, what do you make of all the the height, like the exciting around this game?
Speaker 5: Uh, entertainment. You know it's gonna be a very entertaining game. Like you said, both team and morn and they had division. Uh, you just gotta go out there ready and focus cause it's a great team.
Speaker 3: You spak about this could be a super Bowl preview. What do you think about that?
Speaker 5: It's super Bowl is the February and we're in December. At we gotta focus on Monday night. You know, I'm not worried about what people say, O Famar.
Speaker 12: There's been very few games where so far experts are I'm picking you guys to win.
Speaker 3: Uh, guys, and you guys are break.
Speaker 5: Stout cool, so ill wan 'em to pick us. I like being an underdog. You know, I don't know. I l we I I believe we play better when we're doubted and we're not, you know, people not choosing us to win the game. I feel like we play better all the time. So just do it all the way to February. That's all I aks.
Speaker 11: What do you think about playing Christmas?
Speaker 5: It's it's different. It's my first time it actually, you know, I usually be sitting home watching basketball or something on Christmas. But it's different. So it's gonna be entertaining and it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 11: How do you plan to handle it on on the on Christmas morning?
Speaker 5: Get ready like I always do, get just to get prepared for a game.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's different cause it's Christmas, but it's another game, you know, Lamar.
Speaker 2: We've asked you before about this, about this record against the NFC, that house.
Speaker 3: You're nineteen and one, I mean there.
Speaker 2: I Do you feel that because you have you in this offense have such a unique style that it could.
Speaker 3: Be hard for the other teams.
Speaker 2: To maybe adjust because they do still see your kind of star your offensive style. N yeah, very much.
Speaker 3: Throughout the week.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Uh, I can't tell you how they feel about, you know, playing against us. You know, I'm out in ay locker room. Uh f wes hopefully our styll just keep working for us.
Speaker 4: Anything, Mama, what satisfaction do you get out of You know, we saw Danne smooth show. It's frustration not being able to get to you. You've seen other past rusher that, like Miles Garrett doing as well.
Speaker 13: I mean, what do you.
Speaker 4: Say in those moments when you see the frustration all those guys in space?
Speaker 5: Uh? I, I really don't say anything, you know, I'm I'm locked in the game. I'm tryna win every now. So I'm if if they frustrated, m mm'a, try to keep them frustrated. You know, I'm tryna win. Mar uh Keaton. Keaton gave you.
Speaker 8: Guys such a shot of excitement in the last four four six weeks.
Speaker 5: Y you know, j does it do your mind?
Speaker 8: Does it change anything about what you guys can do not having him?
Speaker 7: Or?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 8: You know, how do you how do you kind of work at been without him?
Speaker 7: Man? Uh?
Speaker 5: S just we were gonna miss having that guy that can that can just take the ball from the minus ten all the way to the house. You know at any giving play, you know, any little small window. But I believe our guys just gonna step up, you know, all across the board. You know, our brother went down. Uh, things like that happened in the NFL. But we still got a level head, level heart. We still got a long season left to play.
Speaker 12: The more the expectation thats Justice Hill will have an elevated role.
Speaker 3: It's there and he's been with guys.
Speaker 2: Are you confident that any of those issues you guys had to mention point in all that or or solve not just the thing in the past with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I believe it's the thing in the past. You know, just has been playing as his butt off. You know, he been making things happy. You know, wh whenever whenever he's in, he making a gaining five six yards of carreay. So I believe that's gonna be good for us.
Speaker 11: We How would you describe the focus on the team? You know, going into this you're in the middle of a tough stretch and big game like we were talking about, how would how do you describe the focus on this team?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: For the locked in.
Speaker 5: When I say we locked in, I believe we just had a great practice today. Uh, our guys. Our guys is not peeking the head, you know. We we still focusing on keeping them one game at a time, you know, and that's what we're doing right now.
Speaker 13: He talked about the trusts that that you built with Isaiah, like waves you still with you and and to go up and make a play like we did in.
Speaker 11: Jacksonville, that that we can had kicking back to you for from your confidence that you can make more.
Speaker 2: Of those play. Uh.
Speaker 5: I've been confident and likely since last year. You know, things like that just happen. Sometimes we gotta make something happen.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And he went up and made a spectacle of catch over to defenders.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: I just had to give him a chance, you know, And today he tried to do it. He didn't didn't work out, so I I told him my alarm back and locked him up. But he went to catch the battle of a corner in the game. So I guess see a game a game, not a not a practice.
Speaker 11: Guymorrown.
Speaker 8: On Monday, Horriball talked about how this team has been really good at sort of kicking on whatever problem that's presented in a given week. Do you do you do you feel that about this team?
Speaker 3: That this has been kind of a good problem solving an incident at one time.
Speaker 11: Her Herb on.
Speaker 8: Monday sort of said, this team has been really good at doing what it needs to win an a in a given week, sort of dealing with the problem that's presented each week. Do you do you feel like that's a characteristic of.
Speaker 5: This team, Uncle, selling us have like problems going into weeks though, So I mean more.
Speaker 8: Like the problem that's presented by whatever problem that opponent presents.
Speaker 5: A challenge, challenge, challenge. I mean it's the NFL, you know, there's gonna be a different challenge every week. Yeah, like coach said, pick it back off course, Yeah, we got great guys who's locked in and who's you know, willing to do their thing. You know, my guy's gonna step up for every opponent in the opponent. But Monday night we got the forty ninety's.
Speaker 7: How's it going?
Speaker 2: When do you look at that twenty nine or defensive front?
Speaker 3: What kind of stands out to you about it?
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're very good, play the game the right way, play it hard, you know, disruptive, certainly going to be a big challenge for us, and it starts this week with our preparation to get prepared for these guys.
Speaker 11: How do you handle you know, silent house stuff and practice and we'll see you first there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean we're doing silent count all year. You know, obviously as soon it's gonna be loud Monday night football. But you know you practiced it during the week, you know, work out any kinks and then go out there and perform on Monday.
Speaker 7: You guys have the.
Speaker 11: Best record on the road if anyone in the NFL six and one.
Speaker 7: I mean, obviously it's just part of being a good, good team. But what do you think has made you play so well on the road.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think on the road, you know, it starts with the communication, you know, trying to be as efficient as possible with communicating because it's gonna be loud. You know, that's an emphasis here is just communicate, over communicate, and then you know, when the lights are on, you know, try to play your best. You know, I think that's what the guys we have on the team go out there and try to do.
Speaker 12: Is there any special feelings about going to the games as the underdog, the odds them underdog.
Speaker 7: Is that something that you guys are talking about this week. I feel like every every week we got to go out there and prove it.
Speaker 10: You know, no matter who we're playing, you know we're gonna get a team's best shot. You know, we got competitors in the building. You know, anytime we're underdog certainly gives it gives you motivation. But I think each and every week, you know, you're going out there and playing as hard as you possibly can. So you know, whatever other people say, you know, it doesn't really matter to us in here. You know, it's just about going out there and performing.
Speaker 3: Do you guys want to kind.
Speaker 8: Of ride the excitement of you know, the two the two the number one teams in each conference matching up the game everybody's gonna be watching on Christmas lin all all that stuff. Or do you want to kind of just treat it like another week.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, you know, both of these teams have put ourselves in these situations to where it's talked about a lot. You know, you know it starts at the beginning of the year of Faull Camp. You know, you work for these kind of moments, these kind of games, So you know, as a as a competitor, it's certainly exciting but also at the end of the day, it's it's two great teams going against each other. And you know, we can't get into the hype too much. You know, you just got to go out there and perform your best. But certainly exciting as.
Speaker 4: Your parent for the Niners, how beneficial is it for you to go up against your own defense every day?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, we have a lot of a lot of dudes on the defense that certainly help us, you know, and that started going against some OTA's camp, giving us a lot of challenges that prepare us for defenses like this, you know, and you know, offense certainly excited, you know, for the opportunity. But it's like I said earlier, it starts this week with our preparation because this defense, you know, it's a really good defense, one of the top defenses in the league.
Speaker 7: So we're gonna have to come ready to play.
Speaker 13: Talk aboutout mentioning the fall camp and out Kay's work.
Speaker 9: But if where you see is off,