Speaker 1: Hey ba fam, Please follow us on Apple Podcasts and keep our audience growing. If your iPhone recently upgraded to iOS fourteen point five, head to Apple Podcasts, search for Brown Ambition and click on the plus button in the upper right hand corner. Do that and you'll be following our show. You can also follow us on Spotify, Stitcher, or the Amazon Music app. And Android users, we didn't forget about you, you can find us on Google podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey hey, hey, we're back.
Speaker 3: We're black, We're brown and buschie yaw hey mango?
Speaker 4: Hi, happy minday face?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Before we start, I just want to apologize because I told you guys we were doing video and we are.
Speaker 2: Like I can see Mandy. I know you can't, but I can. She looks really cute.
Speaker 3: Her curls aren't popping, they're bad. We don't have our cameras just yet, so we'll let you know when. Like, this is the episode that will actually be available to watch via video.
Speaker 2: But I can't say that me and Mandy. You know, skin is popping, right.
Speaker 1: Take the picture right, Tiffany's got a lovely poka dot. Like I see a little horseshoe necklace. I see a pork poka dot blouse. The dreads are freshly twisted or are they?
Speaker 4: They're looking very good.
Speaker 2: Got a good eye.
Speaker 4: I can tell they are laid. They are so nice.
Speaker 1: I have I have endured four hours in a chair with a very disgruntled teenage girl who did cared nothing for my time or hers while she was removing my braids with all of the enthusiasm of like a very drunk snail.
Speaker 3: Is what I will.
Speaker 4: Say this girl.
Speaker 1: Last time I went to get my when I got the braids put in, it was this amazing African braiding the salon, and she was like, I'm going to Senegal. This is my niece. I'm training her. You know she'll be here, she'll take your braids out. And I could just tell. I was like, I should probably not expect this to take the two hours I was promised.
Speaker 4: She's just like and talking to her AirPods like, oh, play a little.
Speaker 1: Baby, play, a little baby play pop smoke, just tapping her face, Oh my god. And I'm just like, thank god, I brought my laptop so I can get some work done.
Speaker 4: But dang, I took forever. I don't want to do braids again.
Speaker 3: Girl, at least you had regular sized braids when I should get the micro braids?
Speaker 2: You like, I live here now with the braids for now? What I live here now?
Speaker 3: I eat with his family, I hold her baby. I just you can offer that as an option. Just get a get a micro braid wig?
Speaker 4: Is how I feel? Like?
Speaker 1: Why my cousin's like, you know, they sell braided wigs. I was like, as I was, Zenda, probably are you going.
Speaker 2: To save this your article for the boost or can we chat about it? Oh?
Speaker 4: Let's chat, let's talk. Let's gee.
Speaker 3: I got my bone been blowing up this red that Mandy had on. First of all, I want to paint the scene. Okay, what's the what's the publication? Again?
Speaker 4: This is grow by Acorns and CNBC, right.
Speaker 2: So CNBC, paint the scene.
Speaker 3: Mandy, picture this in this vibrant red top sweater. I think you know, but like you know, one of them light sweaters, little v neck like fitted red pants. I said, oh, red on red, that's how we do with that curls popping. I was like, first of all, who took these pictures? Who authorized? Just like Manny looked beautiful, and you're like, oh wait, it's an article I must read what The title of the article was something like how I went from seventy thousand to seven hundred thousand. As far as her network, She's ten x her networth in five years. It is excelente. And it's just like, first of all, the picture is giving wealth. It's giving wealth, it's giving happiness, it's giving wholeness. It's giving you know, we'll be a millionaire giving photoshop.
Speaker 4: It's giving stylists. It's giving hair.
Speaker 1: It's giving Stacey my hair is giving it's giving Maria my makeup artist.
Speaker 2: That's what it's giving.
Speaker 3: No, honestly, yeah, you looked beautiful, honestly, Mandy. And it was just a really great article because you know, at the end of the day, you know your manager, a regular Degla Mandra who has been able to, you know, do something that's extraordinary but something that other people can can.
Speaker 2: Do as well. So I'm just like it was, yeah, just well.
Speaker 4: Done, thank you.
Speaker 1: It was such a work in progress. This was an article. As soon as I launched my business, I sat down with my planner, as I talk about on the article, oh Helen and my husband and I and I was like, you know, I'm I'm starting a new chapter. I just want to know, like what happens next, what do I have to do? Am I prepared? How long can this last? How long do I have to get this bootstrap business off the ground? And Helen, You know, it's one thing. You know, someone commented and they're like, how do you not know what your net worth is? I always know what my net worth is. I have my app where I track it, and we've talked about net worth and why it's so important. It's like it's what you actually have after your liabilities versus your assets all of that. But I hadn't really appreciated fully how far I had come. And I think that's just having to do with a lot of life has happened in the last five years, and a lot of decisions, stressful fraud decisions were made, Tears were shed, you know, vaginas were rampaged by tiny humans, like ravaged, body was ravaged, a plague was cast upon the world.
Speaker 3: Can talk about a like how do you not know your network? It's like how do you even know your first name?
Speaker 2: Okay? Right?
Speaker 1: And I sort of had the philosophy of, like I try not to be too obsessed with checking my accounts because you know, you check your account the wrong time of day, and it can be down, you know, astronomically, and you may stress out for no reason because give it a week and it'll bounce back. So anyway, she's like, yeah, let's look back to when you started working with me in twenty sixteen, right when you became my client. It was seventy k net worth and this was right before my husband and I were getting married. And then she showed it now and it was seven hundred and I said, WHOA, Okay, Like something insane has happened in these five years.
Speaker 4: Let me unpack it. What has been going on? And I mean, I knew that my.
Speaker 1: Job hopping, which I think is kind of a negative term, but the fact that I switched jobs not infrequently my first decade in my career had a lot to do with it. But as I sat down, I poured out like five thousand, six thousand words and I sent it to this editor at CNBC and I was like, when you want this, you want this, let me help me help me pair this down. And so shout out to my editor Nina at CNBC for helping me.
Speaker 4: But I really did.
Speaker 1: I didn't want it to be a story that made people feel like they couldn't achieve their financial goals. It's not about hitting seven hundred K. I never set out five years ago and said I want to have seven hundred K net worth in five years. I just set out five years ago and said I want to keep continuing to stand by these like very basic principles and strategy that I believe will help me be financially secure and choosing myself when it came to my career, being willing to take big leaps to get those big raises and then asking for equity, you know, and shout out to my little brother who finally got his due. He finally got his little shout out for being the one to push me to ask for equity when I joined a startup four or five years ago. So I hope you all enjoy it. We'll post a link in the show notes. But it felt really good to get it out there. Yeah, I'm just really proud Lashtrve cracking.
Speaker 3: Yes, because honestly, you know, now you're on this like you know, we had like our like Mandy says, we had our you know, we've been having BRBA talks with the side of t which Mandy has been delighting in and so like I'll be taking like one of my three mile walks and it will just be talking. But then we're also just like you know, just girlfriend check and just like I told you on Saturday, to remember this is for anyone who's listening who might be making the transition from corporate to business or whatever. You know, you put in a lot of work already that on the surface it looks.
Speaker 2: Like, oh man, it's a new entrepreneur, but not really.
Speaker 3: You have ten years worth of work in this space as a journalist and an editor and personal finance and media. So this is just kind of like a different iteration of what you've been doing. You've got your ten thousand hours, so you know, to remember that when you're feeling like, oh I no, no, I don't know if I can do it, it's like you've been doing it.
Speaker 2: It just looks different.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and listen. I love corporate de bear.
Speaker 1: I still work through my consulting business, which is what I've been launching. I work for companies, helly, I do, But the difference is that I decide what I do and I only do the things that I enjoy doing, and that is such a huge. Yeah, it's a huge it's a huge mind shift for me.
Speaker 2: But this is like a little random turn.
Speaker 3: But lately a lot of my friends have been having like friendship breakups, like and I feel like it's been more devastating, like hearing them than like breaking up with like their boyfriend, you know, not like divorce like you know, but certainly like just as devastating and sometimes even more devastating than you know, breaking up with like a love interest. But I don't know if it's because, like, you know, I'm forty one, and maybe there's like a transitional in that forty like age range. But a bunch of my friends are like, oh yeah, Like I would say at least four of them are having like with people that they were fairly close with, you know, not just some periphial like we don't talk to her no more and having a hard time managing. And so I wanted to talk about that today, like what that looks like, because I've had, you know, my share of girlfriend breakups of people I was really close to and being like, wow, I want to say this, probably in my lifetime, there's really been two major ones where I was like, this is like my closest friend, and you know what am I gonna do? You know, sometimes it's just you've either outgrown each other, or maybe there's something that you kind of overlooked and you've grown and you realize I don't know if that behavior is so conducive to like how I want to be treated anymore. And then people don't know how to shift because they're like, I've always treated you like this. I'm like, yeah, it's me, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just want to talk about that. Have you ever had like friendship.
Speaker 3: Breakup where you're like, Wow, didn't think i'd ever break up with this person.
Speaker 1: I mean, in the third grade, my best friend and Yell and I we had a falling out. I ruined her quilt that she quilted in our third grade class by accident.
Speaker 4: It was an accident anyway.
Speaker 1: No, No, seriously, I'm naturally an introvert, and my relationships have always been I'm like a few friends. I have associates, and I love having friends at work because they make you get through the day. It makes it so much easier to get through the day when you have people to ki key with that work. I'm not so good at maintaining casual acquaintances. It's a lot of work and it gets harder to do. So there's friends in my life like former roommates or former work colleagues.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like I understand and I get that there's seasons and then you have friends who come and go. But the core core group that I have, I haven't had a bad breakup.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I have had big like you don't know if we're going to be friends again? Fights okay, twice painful, very painful, And I'm happy to say that those two relationships were mended with years, with time.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's tough, it's really tough.
Speaker 1: And I think in twenty twenty and this year or two when everything is still virtual, like if you didn't already have a really good, strong foundation with your friends. And I used to also be a kind of a needy friend.
Speaker 4: I was a friend do you want to hang out with me?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh, you're do? Not't texting me back? Like come on? Can you tell? I never had a boyfriend?
Speaker 1: And honestly, I had to, and I would put a lot of pressure like like you're hanging out with so and so but not me, and da da da dah It was almost like dating. I had to learn how to be my own friend and just like and also recognize that my friends can't be everything to me. They need to go have their own friends and their own lives and everything. And as I've gotten more used to that, and yeah, you know, I'm definitely used to it now, it's easier for me to to not to not feel a certain type of way if I haven't heard from someone in a month or if they miss a certain occasion, I'm not putting so much pressure on them because the truth is all of us are overwhelmed and busy, and.
Speaker 3: I'm like opposite, I'm like that I work on time to be a better friend because I'm like the light you know, like light type friend, like kaya later and then fall asleep. I'm like maybe I'll come over, and you're like, Timmy's not here, I'm like, oh, my bad girl.
Speaker 2: I was home watching like YouTube videos.
Speaker 3: No, but yeah, it's only happened like twice and and and in one my college like best friend.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was bad just because even I think she even realized, like, yeah, I think I probably was pretty bullying intativity because remember I told you I had that really bad habit of having like the bully friend, where like I, you know, was vulnerable to the to but in a way that was basically like hey, you can run all over me. I'm available for you to walk on over me and like a sign on. And so I had to learn to be like, huh, that's okay. But now I have to look and I look at my friendships now, and I'm like, whoof literally everyone in my inner circle, and even like like like you know, there's like inner inner then like a little bit around, a little bit of like literally I can look at you know, like five circles out and it's not because of the person, you know, it's really because I have decided, like no, it's if you are deserving of people not mistreating you, and like you know, you're deserving of like not being run all over, you know. And also too, I know how to speak up when someone does something wrong, because sometimes what's happened is not even I can't say it's it's not ever all one person's fault. When a friendship breaks up, I can look back and say, you never said anything, and now that it's twenty thousand years later, you're saying something. But it's a blow up. But it's not someone's responsibility to know that that's something that you don't like. And so now they're carrying the weight of like ten years of silence, and you're like, so, you know, so I could take ownership and be like okay. So as a result, now my friendships are better. Not because these people are better, it's also because I am better at showing up and being like, hey, you know, I didn't like that, or that hurt my feelings or I didn't appreciate that. So making a way for friends to adjust and be like, oh okay, girl, my bad. Won't you know, won't do that again? Giving people the opportunity to grow and so that feels like, you know better, But yeah, that just came up lately. I was like, what is something in the water? Like friends call me like, yeah, girl, we broke up. I'm like you and him no, my friend, I'm like, oh, what happened?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And so I'm like, you know, I don't know if it's just like this kind of like transition to the next level of growness, you know, every every decade, you know, like I'm forty, that's like maybe, like you know, and maybe so to your point, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Think relationships come and go. Yes, I'm very like fruit fruit, I don't know hippie about it, like thank you for your friendship. I'm grateful to you, bye bye.
Speaker 3: But I am super duper excited because I like, I'm going to tell you guys as much as I can without obviously spilling all the beans. But you know, I've been working on a new project that's different than anything I've ever done before. It's really disruptive to the financial industry, like totally. It helps to solve some major friction points that I've seen in the industry that we've all you know, have with the financial industry. And I was thinking kind of small about like the project at first, and then speaking with my my business code Zion, and he was like, yeah, no, if uber can solve the cab issue, if you can solve for this issue in finance, how much more important is finance and the cab And look how big Uber has become is that I need you to expand your capacity of what you're capable of and not think that you have to do everything. And I was like, Okay. Then I had a chat with a potential investor and the way she just jumped out the window, was like, you need investing, you need angel investing, you want venture capital funds, you want this one. I was like, wait what She's like, Tippany, I think this is amazing. I think you are amazing. I see what you've done the far, and so you let me know. And she's already set up some calls for me to talk to like some next level of folks. And we have a joint friend who sold his company for a significant amount of money.
Speaker 2: Then I'm going to be chatting with soon Mandy and I do.
Speaker 3: And I'm just excited because it's like, not for the money, because honestly, if I didn't want to work anymore, I mean I wouldn't be making a million dollars a year, but my lifestyle would say the same. I mean, I'll be wearing the same target. I think I got this some Marshals, so I think I'm extra style and like.
Speaker 2: Am you see me? Me and my Marshal shirt.
Speaker 3: I would be wearing the same clothes, be living in the same house, and honestly, I like my car, so it wouldn't nothing would change externally. But what I'm more excited about, I'll be able to do more as far as philanthropy is concerned. And so I'm excited also too, because I'm ambitious.
Speaker 2: I like to see.
Speaker 3: Am I able to do a thing like that excites me more than anything, you know. And so to just know that what I conservatively thought was like, you know, maybe this is a fifty million dollar business, not fifty millis that I was a year, but meaning like that's what it would be valued at. She's like, yeah, girl, try two hundred million. I was like, wait, what This is a venture capitalist who told me this, And I was just like, what are you sure?
Speaker 2: She's like yes. And so I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Like I said, as things roll out and I'm able to share more, I will.
Speaker 2: It's super super.
Speaker 3: Early, early early, but if you know, this will be my fifth or sixth business. So I'm not new in the business game. The biggest lesson I've been learning lately is to expand my capacity. Expand my capacity because you think one way, you know, when I think about how hard it was to get to six figures a year, I think it was like five years in before I crossed the six figure mark, and that was so hard.
Speaker 2: And then to go.
Speaker 3: From six figures, you know, the one hundred fifty thousand to one million took about three years instead of five years.
Speaker 2: But still that was so hard.
Speaker 3: But it was really a mindset shift because one hundred and fifty thousand I had to do most of the work myself. A million, I had to do some of the work, but I had to hire some help. And then one million dollars a year in business to the now ten million where we are a year in business. I had to learn that I had to do, not do most of the work. So that was a mental shift, like I have to do just a small percentage of the work and really come with the vision and the mission, you know, and allow the team to do what they're supposed to do because I can't physically make as tiffany ten million dollars a year with you know, with what I do. And so like learning to go from ten million to like well not to make two hundred million, but to have a company that could be valued at that, what does that look like? So that's a capacity shift and a men a mindset shift that I'm still learning because they're parts of me. Who wants to go back to Okay, I got to get my hands diarted. What do I need to do. It's like, Sis, you don't. And so I'm just excited. And as I learned more and as I grow, and as things get mapped out and things I can share more, I'll share more with y'all because I think that many women, not just women but people in general. But I find especially women sometimes have a capacity and confidence issue, not a capability issue. And if we can push past that, we can accomplish anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And it's also just getting used to saying your ideas out loud and not feeling like you. Part of the thing that I struggle with is sometimes like all the big ideas, I'm like, where do I have the time?
Speaker 4: How do I do it?
Speaker 1: And the point is that you can't do it all yourself. And then it's like finding the right team and building it up around you. So you have the eye I mean you have like I mean think of Steve Jobs. He was a visionary for Apple, but he certainly didn't do it all on his own. Yeah, I'm excited for you.
Speaker 2: I'm excited too.
Speaker 1: I want to be flying around on the budget needs to jet.
Speaker 3: I was like, my sister asked me, would you have to get a private jet?
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, I mean more environmentally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is being more environmentally friendly because you know, climate change.
Speaker 4: I'm actually like terrified, but.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm sweating now, girl, I'm having my face down with a mask.
Speaker 1: Okay, are any are any of my fellow cable cord cutters struggling with not being able to watch the Olympics because I'm just kind of seeing clips on the Gram and it's mostly Simone Simone doing her flips and me pretending like I know exactly how difficult they are. They look real difficult, but I'm like, yeah, yeah, flip flip flip, pretty fuch. But she did I guess she didn't do Simone Biles them America's you know, talent, most talented gymnast in history, iconic and like twenty all of twenty four years old. I think the New York Times had written, I think she didn't do so great or up to her standards anyway in the pre Olympic round, the first round of her flipping and stuff, and she said on Instagram she came out and she said, you know, and I was actually surprised that she even just let us peek into her mindset at the Olympic Games, knowing that your first time out wasn't as great, and she was like, I hide it well, but it does feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and it wasn't my best effort. But I'll come back stronger. And to be so young and have so much pressure, I'm such a tiny little body.
Speaker 3: She's like, have you seen the pictures of like that her, like standing next to like the Yugoslavia like basketball player you love.
Speaker 2: It's like seven six, she's like four or five. Yeah, yeah, no, it is.
Speaker 3: And I think what I hope is that more people kind of show what happens behind the curtain, because so many of us, you know, you're just starting out and you struggle, and you think to yourself, you know, I must be doing something wrong because it's not working instantly. And if you only just knew that, your fab also has a hard time. Even at the height of their success. They're unsure sometimes or they know they didn't do as well, or they struggle. You know, you want to keep your game face for certain things because obviously you want to walk in confidently, you know. But I think it's nice to see some of that because what it does is it allows us to be like, oh, okay, I know I'm just starting out, but someone who was super successful also has the same feelings that I have. I'm not crazy, I'm not lazy. I'm not going to not make it just because I'm feeling a little worried and scared.
Speaker 2: So that feels really good too to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the idea that anybody can build something that's not that doesn't come with challenges, like that's not There is no utopia. There is no place you reach a mountaintop and everything is finally easy. I feel like challenges growth. If you're struggling, then it means that you are growing. It means that you're leveling up. It's just I don't know. I kind of just accept that there will always be challenges. You'll never have it all figured out, doesn't.
Speaker 4: It kind of suck?
Speaker 1: And yet here we are just like doing our best.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what I look at it as like, because my sister asked me and her new Tracy, she just celebrated her first year in business. You know, she made her six figures. I say, lucky you, because it took me five years to get six figures. You're lucky I coached you.
Speaker 2: But no, but.
Speaker 3: She's doing great. And then she was just like, oh my gosh, I could just feel so hard. Does it get an easier? I was like, no, you're thirteen. It doesn't get easier, but you get better. That's what I've recognized that the issues and the things and the challenges I deal with now they are more complex. But quite honestly, except for like, you know, some extraordinary circumstances, I'm not as stressed because I am better equipped. I've got years of like, oh, that happened in twenty fifteen, you know what, Let me pull out that trick from out Oh this is from twenty seventeen. No, no, no, no, I recognize this turn. So you get better, and because you've experienced so much, you get more confident in your ability to manage what comes. There's this article about the difference between millionaires and billionaires, and they found that their ability to manage failure was a huge component of how someone makes that.
Speaker 2: Leap from you know, millions and millions and millions.
Speaker 3: Of dollars to billions, because you have to almost be either fear less or be someone who feared does not hinder you even if you are free, because you cannot jump to that level of like outward financial success, you know, Timid, It's just it's just no way.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I think that to.
Speaker 3: Your point, like you cannot, you cannot achieve great success without great challenges.
Speaker 2: It's just part of it. That's how you learn.
Speaker 1: It's if it's not hard, then you're not doing it right.
Speaker 2: Right, you're for more than one thing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Lord, muting for the kids.
Speaker 2: Muting for the kids. You don't have to explain.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just knocked over my candle on the zen. Then let me take another sip of this vodkatonic. I'm trying not to. I'm trying not to let you guys hear the clinking around.
Speaker 2: I'm like, but you know, she's being very environmentally friendly.
Speaker 3: She's got her, she's got Yes, I see that.
Speaker 1: It was a hard Monday and as hot as hadies. I just needed a cocktail and I'm trying to be low carb.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you ready to do a boosty or breakie?
Speaker 1: I need a break, I need a fan. I need to get one of those fans you got going on over that hot.
Speaker 2: So it's time to boost a break. Are you gonna boost? Are you gonna break? Mandy?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do a boost for my cute little one hundred and ninety seven dollars check from the government for my I didn't know I was going to get a child tax credit check, but I got it.
Speaker 4: Oh got it. I have a child to have one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the check started to be issued, and I was surprised it was an actual physical check, like it's very official. It's like tinted colors and stuff. But yeah, I mean, I was shocked that we got a check in the mail and not like a direct deposit. But for those of y'all wondering where your child tax credit is, I really want to post this link. The White House actually has something useful on their website. Now, I know, we've got me getting some questions from listeners about you know, what does this.
Speaker 4: Mean for me? How do I get one? YadA, YadA.
Speaker 1: I'm not a certified public accountant or a tax expert, and even the CPAs who are working, they're still trying to get caught up on like all these different tax things. But my understanding is that it's basically in advance on a tax refund essentially, So every month till the end of twenty twenty one, you should be getting a check of a certain amount. It depends on your income, it depends how many kids you have, my age, age of the kids. Yes, there's all these different factors, you know. I think it's up to thirty six hundred dollars per child that you could be getting or something crazy like that, or not crazy but helpful, helpful like that. And this is supposed to be cutting child poverty in a huge way. So if there's one, you know, silver lining of this pandemic is that, you know, we'll actually be getting some kind of social financial safety net for families who need it.
Speaker 4: AnyWho. So we'll post a link check it out. Let us know.
Speaker 1: Are you guys getting your child text credits? What are you doing with it? I think we just put ours into Rio's brokerage account and we're just going to let it rock. But there was an interesting you know, personally, I felt a little bit guilty about getting a check. We're fine financially, but I was listening to a podcast I forget it was. I think it was The Indicator. I love that podcast from Planet Money. It's like a nine ten minute daily podcast about some kind of economic indicator. But anyway, they talked about the child tax credit and why high income families are even getting a credit at all. They made the point that unfortunately or fortunately in this country, in order for the poorest people to need it most to get benefits, you need to get upper middle class and high net worth people also interested in that benefit or feeling like they're benefiting it. Because when you have more people benefiting, then when you try and take it away, you know, the wealthier people will.
Speaker 2: Get boxed off and say no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Yes, because we all know who holds the power to America. It's they're rich people. So that's the you know, I guess that's the argument behind why. Anyway, that's that's my break.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I'm gonna do a little bit of a boost. So you might have heard of a little it's a black owned well it's a husband wife couple. It's a bookstore in Washington, d C. And it's called Mahogany Books. They are amazing. They actually hosted forever President Barack Obama when his book came out, and this is where I had my virtual book launch party. We had like it was so much fun. Thousands people showed up. So anyway, Ramanda, who's super awesome. She is the wife version of the component of the husband wife duo that owned Mahogney Books. They're actually reopening and they're doing that sellabation time. Come on and she said, Tiffany, we would love if you came and sign some books. So Jersey, it's about what did you say? Maybe like an hour and a half two hours drives from DC. It's not too long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who you asking?
Speaker 2: I don't love Yeah?
Speaker 1: Two hours right, so fur from me to DC?
Speaker 2: I don't know, so it's not too long.
Speaker 3: So Saturday, August seventh, from three to four pm, I will be at Mahogney Books in Washington, d C. Signing Get Good with Monday, So come out support. If you already have your book bringing with you, I'll sign it. I have bracelets with me. Y'all know you'll be sweating for the bunch of these are bracelets. I'm actually gonna make like a weekend of it. I'm learning to lean in more to the fun things, you know, because normally I'd be like, I'll just dry down and sign books and come on back. But instead I've invited like a number of my friends and I was just like, hey, let's go to d C. We'll get a hotel, stay over, you know, have dinner I have on my team. I think Logan lives in the DMV area, the Delaware Virginia No Delaware, the DC Virginia Maryland area. I think Jatale lives in Philly. I don't know how close Philly is to DC. I feel like it's drivable. I love that name, je right, and there's a bunch of other So I'm like, you know, I'm gonna have Udicoins come out my team, and so I just want to make it, like, you know, make a cute weekend of it. So if you are in the DMV that's the d C Virginia Maryland area, or you don't mind the drive, I will physically be there in person at Mahogany Books. I'll be there signing books from three to four pm on Saturday, August seventh.
Speaker 4: Why don't you get a budget.
Speaker 1: Niece, a tour bus with your face all over?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: It can be electric that it would be amazing. We should get a brown ambition toward bus. That's fun. So that's why you're not coming to my birthday party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when you act already bookeday.
Speaker 4: Because talking to you.
Speaker 1: My SERI talks to me whenever she's she is so thirsty for attention. I off on my computer anything that sounds remotely like it.
Speaker 2: When is your actual birthday?
Speaker 1: Oh it's the sixth of August, and accepting gifts. I'm a Leo and I have two years of pent up energy just waiting for this birthday favor. Because last year's birthday was whack. I tried to be all cute and like, oh, it's okay, I want to get me anything. It's just a pandemic.
Speaker 4: I didn't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm still mad last year was so whack. I'm having a party. We got the deck shut, finally a party, and we're getting a barbecue caterer. Not gonna have a smoker because my dad can't come, so you know, keeping it, keeping it smoking in his favorite and the way he would want it, and have neighbors and friends and family, and you know.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I want to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little outfit. I always you have a birthday color. I always wear yellow on my brain.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I should do that? I don't have a birthday color.
Speaker 4: Maybe because I'm I'm a Leo. So I have to have a birthday color you.
Speaker 3: Sound like because you know, Durell, my husband, his birthday is is on the third, so he said, he said, well, I can figure out my outfit's gonna because we're gonna have a little poority for him for his for his birthday, him and him and the twin.
Speaker 2: Yes, gotta be.
Speaker 4: Cute for that. That's fun.
Speaker 1: I forget where birthday twins almost. I see Leo big Leo energy.
Speaker 3: If you guys enjoy the show, which we know that you have because you're still here, dur we have an ask for you. If you can please take this link or you can send to a friend, three friends or family or co workers or enemies whomever that you think would like this show. You can send them to rannabishpodcast dot com or whatever link that you used to listen to us.
Speaker 2: We really would love to expand and increase our listenership.
Speaker 3: As you know, we now split our ba QA from like our ba chatout. Okay, this is our chatbout episode, but we'll be doing our ba QA later on this week, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Share, Share, share.
Speaker 1: Tell a friend to tell a friends all right until next.
Speaker 3: Week, bye, well until Friday, Bye until Friday.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, you're right.
Speaker 1: See you all Friday for Sobiety and I loved it.
Speaker 2: Bye.