Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan.
Speaker 3: For your home.
Speaker 2: Loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 4: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Safe summer driving tour. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. I remember two Kentucky Sports radio if I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. All right, So I just want to do a quick little survey. How many of you out there would you or someone you know be interested in doing our little combate? By the way, in terms of picking the team, I'm not necessarily picking it based on who the best player is. I mean that may factor in, but it also might just be who's who's interesting fun be around. Maybe we have a contest like a you know, little games to move to move on? Sure, what do you think? I love it? So if you would be interested, or if you have someone in your family would I just want to get sort of an idea of how many people were talking? Huh, So just tax text me saying all you got to do is say yes we are and if it's no, I mean you can say no too, I guess if you want. But like I want to see, are we talking like thirty people would be interested or three hundred people?
Speaker 5: Know what you're talking about? Picking a man, a woman, and a child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the point is real. I mean the point is to do something fun maybe we even can get one of the UK people to come help us figure it out and we'll film the event.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is if we got to use memorial, which I'm not saying we would. We probably can't, but if we did, like you'd get a chance to do something there. If not, I mean you still get a chance to do something. I'm sure we could get trains he to let us use the cod.
Speaker 5: And then do we get to evaluate the talent?
Speaker 3: Oh for sure? I mean, like, yes, we get to evaluate and.
Speaker 7: Looking for a good role player. You don't have to be a star. Yeah, stars, Yeah, we got a lot of good stars. I'm scoring at least six you think so good for two threes? All right, I'm a stretch for.
Speaker 3: So if you want to just the text machine seven seven two four five two five four uh if five nine twenty two seven eight, I'm gonna go back to phones a couple things. First of all, uh, Myron is on first take for the first time as we speak.
Speaker 5: Is he really? How about that? Yes, I'd like to tune in.
Speaker 3: You're still there, Okay, I can't see anymore. He he's on for the first time. Very nerves. They just asked him yesterday, literally asked him yesterday, Moore, that's how that works. Wow. So he's on there. We don't have a TV in here. I'd like to see him. He's on with like random people. So he's on with like Courtney Cronin, Kevin Clark, and Mike Tannenbaum. I believe. Okay, he sent me the list of topics, Shannon. They talk about the Cowboys like seven times.
Speaker 4: So do you have a lot of things to say about the Cowboys when you get on later today because you're gonna have to have some takes on that.
Speaker 3: No, we don't do that. We have a distinctly no cowboys.
Speaker 8: He won't talk about the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: No, I mean they let us pick the topics. I'm not gonna. I mean, they'll send me a couple. They're like, we need you, we want you to do this, but like they let us do what we want, which is crazy to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't have any I mean I thought like those shows were overproduced most of.
Speaker 3: There, but they've changed it just in the last I mean when they asked me about this, I said, I can only do it if you let me do what I want. And they are like, okay, which is crazy to me. I mean, that's crazy that like they're like, you know, because honestly, it's to be a lot like this show, like we just like, well.
Speaker 5: You slowly turned your Sunday show and do it a version of what you do here at KSR.
Speaker 3: And I'm doing the same thing then, huh. I mean we're talking about Billie's wedding today.
Speaker 5: Does Myron know?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Does Myron know you also volunteered him to play in his game?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 3: I does not know that yet. I'll probably wait and tell him that on the air. Okay, uh, okay, lots of a lot of yeses, although not well no, okay, there we go a lot. I was about saying not as many yeses as I would have hoped, But now we're getting line. Okay, that's definitely worth it.
Speaker 5: People will love that opportunity. Even if they don't make the squad, our premier squad, they get to play and practice a little bit in Memorial Call or wherever. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so yeah they So I'm happy for it. Great, great opportunity, and I hope, I hope it's going well. If you if you're if you're watching it, turn, if you're on ESPN and you want to like, just you know, turn it on, tell me, tell you, tell me how he's doing. Yeah. They reair that in the afternoon, right on one of the other. Yeah, and we're gonna play clips of it today. Yeah, I'll be sure. Jerry I was happy when he tweeted, tweeted that happy. He was scared yesterday he was like, I was like, listen, man, say it with your chest. That was my thing. Just yell. They don't know anything either.
Speaker 5: Championships you possibly.
Speaker 3: Can, Yeah, because people think people are right now are driving around the car going, oh, these two guys on ESPN radio they must know. And you all know I don't know anything.
Speaker 5: But you may make us believe you know everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all you got to do.
Speaker 5: My own boss said, no, just enough to fake it.
Speaker 3: You've said that a lot, but you don't even have to fake it. Just say it.
Speaker 5: Just say it, Just say it.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows anything. You're giving away the mess. Just think about when all these goobers talk about Kentucky. They never know what they're talking about. It would be impossible for them to know everything.
Speaker 9: So they don't know everything about everything else either, you know, even being a specialist in like the major sports, like who really knows everything about the baseball trade line.
Speaker 5: I called that guy Colton Stone.
Speaker 3: You called him Carson Stone and it's Colton Price.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Probably, I mean, let's be honest, I'm probably call him Carson Stone. Well you know who he is, though I do know who he is. Yeah, I will recognize him if I see him, just so that people shut up, or at least they won't shut up. But I'm gonna address this once just because I don't want people going you won't say anything in it. Cant of course, former Kentucky player he comes out on Friday, says he's entering the WNBA draft, puts out a whole video. You know. The only reason I'm bringing this up because he went to Kentucky. It was if he's got anywhere else, I'm not talking about this day, but he went to Kentuck. Nis was someone when he was here that genuinely for his time here is one of my favorite people that was here. I mean, that's the era where Drew and I were really connected to the guys you know, DeMarcus and John and Patrick Patterson. And then you get in the next year with Doron Lamb and Nis Josh Harrelson like that little era was probably the most we were kind of connected to the guys plan. So obviously I know in it's really well. I didn't start the free in this campaign, but we were huge in promoting it, made T shirts, like we were like holding up signs on the streets. You went to Indy, that's right. You went to the Indianapolis headquarters with Hake with C and two back in the day, and uh and and he was always nice to me and we we used to joke. He had a really good sense of humor back then, et cetera. With that said, I think this is what he's doing is a clownish behavior. You know, if you've listened to this show, like I don't, I have opinions as everyone listening does on the transport in women's sports thing. I'll give you my ten second opinions. It's not fair for people who are biological males to play women's sports. I think that's my opinion. So I think not allowing that, like the Olympic Committee does, I think is the right decision. With that said, so that's my position. With that said, ninety percent of the commentary on it is completely ridiculous political just trying to make people mad and really just hating on people for being different than them. You can take the position that it's not fair to have them play women's sports and they shouldn't, but you can also be a kind person and have that opinion. You can also say it in a way that's not mocking and that's not mean, and that's not.
Speaker 8: Cruel.
Speaker 3: You can do that, and that's not what people do. What people do is they make a mockery of people, and they're nasty about an issue that occurs almost never. You're not allowed to play in the Olympics if you're trans, you're not allowed to play college sports. Now if you're trans, and in thirty five of the fifty states, you're not allowed to play high school sports. And I believe I saw that in the other fifteen states there are something like twenty six people playing. So we're talking about twenty six twenty six high school kids and just being mean to them makes no sense to me. And this is being mean, and this is being mean and cruel and mocking, and that disappoints me, and I am disappointed in him. He knows better than that. He's a better person than that, and you know you can say, well, he's just making a he's not gonna play in the w n B. A like he ain't drafting him and he's not gonna play, so like it's just it's it's nonsense. Even if he enters the draft, they ain't gonna draft him. So like he's just making a mockery. And you know, I'm disappointed and I wish and unfortunately, like he'll never be able to have a legacy here probably and that's a shame because everybody remembers when he came out as the undercanter. That was awesome, maybe one maybe the best entry next to the John Wall dance. And you came big blue man is history.
Speaker 7: Would you agree, well, Archie good one in that. But yeah, you really love Archie's day.
Speaker 3: You love that. Think that's better than John Walls. I didn't think they're on the same level. Now that is an unpopular opinion too, but really you think that was better than the I you.
Speaker 7: Play them side by side to just someone off the street, there's more iconic, iconic and better are different. John Wall was first. Wow, John Wall moved his arm so Archie could do the lawn mower. That made me the greazy. That may be the most amazing comment of all time. But that's my take on it. And so you can stop writing me and go, why are you not like? That's my take and I'm disappointed in in this, That's all I'm saying because unlike most people out there talking, I actually know I knew the guy. I don't know him now, but I knew the guy, and you know, it is what it is. So y'all don't have to I mean, you guys don't have to hime in. But that's my opinion.
Speaker 3: And I think what has happened, and I think if everybody's honest about themselves, they know this, this has taking on a life of its own, far disproportional to the issue itself. Right. Yeah, I mean, there's a lot of stuff going on in the world and this is ninety percent of what people write me about in politics, and it's ridiculous in my opinion. You can still have the opinion that like it's not fair for them to play sports and say, we don't have to be jerks about it. And that's my only thing I will say about that. Will said he if I'm seven, Kelly, go ahead, Kelly.
Speaker 10: Hey, Matt first time, long time?
Speaker 3: Who what's up?
Speaker 10: Hey? I got married in Louisville Saturday as well to a lifelong Hoosier fan and alum. Congrats man, and thank you very much. And my new brother in law gifted us a cameo from Christian Watford.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Now that's kind of a droll move that I gotta laugh about.
Speaker 10: It is he's also married to a UK alum, so he has been for nine years and he's a super thoughtful guy. So I gotta give him credit for that.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate the call. Congrats on your wedding, and that is what would be ours like? Like if we married a Tennessee If if you if you had a sibling that married a Tennessee alum, what would you send the brother in law or the sister in law? Uh, what would you send them?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: What would be our Tennessee troll?
Speaker 8: Chewing tobacco?
Speaker 3: Would be kind of means perfect player that really annoys them.
Speaker 7: We're really outside of the tournament when they got two years ago, we've owned them in basketball lately. I don't know what you'd send if you have anything that says Elite eight on it. They still don't have one of those or five four.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. And by the way, those of you writing who goes, well, he doesn't ruin the legacy to me. You got to remember the university is an entity that has to embrace the whole state, right right, So it has to embrace the whole state. And when you become like like, they can't do that anymore, you know what I mean, that's the thing. You have to remember that the same thing happened to Rex on the other side, Like, I love Rex, but Rex is not on the games anymore because they couldn't do it. He became a symbol of division to people. And you don't want that though, right, No.
Speaker 7: I wish you would be on the tv T team. Keep us focus on that. Come back for that. Rex would like, if you want to play so bad, let's start with a lot familiar.
Speaker 3: Then you can could have used you this year. You'd have made the team and helped had his brother a couple of years ago. That's right, we did have his brother. About that, Joey, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Joe.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, a good friend of mine.
Speaker 12: I'd like to suggest for your team, what about Jack Gibbons.
Speaker 3: See I thought about Jack. Do you think Jack still plays basketball. I appreciate the call. Like he you look at him, it looks like he could still play.
Speaker 7: He's probably on the jam My team though we're probably guarding him. I'm gonna swat his stuff.
Speaker 3: You know who. I'm going to just absolutely demolish Tom Leach to check me, Tom post you up?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Tom's gonna put his.
Speaker 3: Crossing Tom over. Do you know the Olympics when Kobe famously went at Pelgas right away, And I'm gonna do that to Mark story. I'm just set the tone right at Mark store. Yeah. Well, I'm just trying to give a veteran someone's been and we could charge for one on one Ryan Lemon versus Allen Cutler.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, well what couldn't you charge? You Just.
Speaker 3: Listen. I would pay a high amount of money for Ryan Lemon versus Alan Cutler. It would last exactly, they would say, the kids would say they would that would feed family. If he got stuck on you, the crowd would go crazy. Do you think would win?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think Ryan would win, but I think Alan would do one foul like that girl did on Sophie Cunning mugged me as I certainly try to hurt you at least once.
Speaker 4: Can Alan still run like you did back in the Gillespie years chasing.
Speaker 3: He did speak, but we'll take a break me right back cha? What is this? Uh Down's by Zach Bryan. That's what I thought. Sounds like I'm sorry. I probably talked over the last one. What was the one before that?
Speaker 7: Lil Wayne? Go DJ from the Carter gotcha? Would be it? Reperena coming up.
Speaker 2: For speaking of Little Wayne. One of the most impressive things of the wedding Saturday night was Drew's wife, Abbey, knowing every word to the song Lollipop.
Speaker 3: And she rapped every word to Lollipop and you've ever heard that, Like that's a lot of words, and she wrapped every word. Everybody was impressive. Earlier when I had done tag team, womp, there it is, but he did it much better.
Speaker 8: I don't know how I missed that was it wasn't in our car going back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yes, our car going back and forth. We did it. Yeah, there was a proud moment. That would have been a good live stream of us in that car. Would have been me and Mario was hilarious. And then we played like what was it? Candy rain next too close and everyone in the car was singing. It was. That was foes were fun. That was a fun car. It nice to be with you guys in that context and like have no pressure to do anything but just just hang out. That was that was. That was a lot of fun. One person writes, Mad, I'm glad you said all that stuff because people who are uh no, I'm a fan of the show wonder why you don't ever talk about that specifically, why you never have had Riley Gaines on fair question. I may have never mentioned this, but Riley Gaines called me right before she became like a thing, right so like after the swimming meat, but before she was like on TV all the time, and she wanted to come on the show. And I said to her, I was like, I understand what you're doing. You know, you need to stand up for the things you think, but like, I don't really want to make the radio show you with your political belief And she said, well you know, and I said, I've never done that. I don't bring people on here to I said, sometimes I'll say what I think, but I don't bring people on here to take positions on the regular radio show. Now, sometimes on the podcast, I will, but I didn't have the podcast when Riley was starting, and if I had, I might have had her on it. But I remember she said to me, like, I'm not getting into politics. It says nothing to do with politics. It's just this sports issue. And I said, okay, I understand that, and I was like, I get what you're doing. I said, I don't know that I agree with what you're doing, but and we had a respectful conversation. And then three days later she was on Ducker Cars and then she'd started doing the career she does, which is fine, but she had said to me, I have no interest in politics, and that wasn't true. And that's okay. She can, she has she can run for office if she wants to. But that's why she's never been on me. It's just because I didn't want to turn this show into that forum. But with the Inn situation, because of his connection to the show, I feel like you have to at least talk about it because people know, like that was a dude that Drew and I were friends with. You know, it's not just some person. I gotta't know who Riley Games was until this, but we knew in US.
Speaker 7: You said the fan base went to war for in US when he was declared ineligible. I mean it kind of joke with the signs and stuff, but like kind of like with Big Z, we were fired up trying to get him back.
Speaker 3: Free Innis campaign was like the biggest UK fan I mean, the Z one was that. But in US we have people going to NCAA headquarters and like you knocked on the door, yeah, pretending to have a meeting. Josh Peter had a PGA turn just Teeter had it a PGA towe. You were a tournament. That was when this fan base could just like do things nobody else could. And I still think that's in US for the right situation. That was during that period when it was just like somebody was talking about the glory. I didn't live through like the fifties and sixties, but you go, like ninety five through ninety eight couldn't have been more fun to be a Kentucky fan, right.
Speaker 5: That's when I was deep into it.
Speaker 3: If you graduated UK in ninety eight, that might have been the best time to go here. And if it wasn't, then I think like graduating in twenty thirteen or fourteen was in right, if you were a fifth year senior that graduated in twenty fourteen, so you were there for Wall Night title, the Netherlands Geers stunk, but then the run to the finals with the twins and Randall those have been the two best times to graduate UK, right, john Hood john Hood did it perfect?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was his five years john Hood were there? Was he there five years? Yeah? So john Hood had the perfect time. If you were a fifth year twenty fourteen or just a regular ninety eight graduate, that was the best time to beat.
Speaker 5: You because you also had Tim Couch and football in ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Exactly, that's exactly right.
Speaker 7: When I got to UK, I had the last two of Tubby and then the two Billy didn't nail the didn't nail the window on that one.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's about that. We used to say that would have been the worst time you could make an argument. This is the worst you could make an argument that the people that have been the last, like the people that just graduated, did they have the hardest time. It's either that or your four years. At least, I'm trying to do the math your four years. We never we never made it out to the second round of the second week ind of the tournament.
Speaker 5: You had the Rich Brooks Arrow with the football and O seven Love Music City Bowls. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought those were the greatest thing in all of sport. Agreed. H it's interesting probably ninety eight. But you know, I mean, you can tell these kids, and I don't mean to be like old man, but you can tell these kids, I have this conversation with Mario all you want. It will never ever ever be like it was with that. John Walton. No, I don't think you never get back to that. It'll it just will never be like that. Twenty twelve and twenty fifteen were awesome, but there was just something about that twenty ten thing that I just don't think will ever be repeated. It was just there was just it was like you were just traveling with the Rolling Stones in nineteen seventy five shit, you know, or whatever year they were the biggest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were rock stars everywhere they went in rockstars.
Speaker 3: And in Lexington, this small town, and it was right before social media gave you more access. Yes, so there wasn't really behind the scenes. There was like a mystery to them. Yeah, that changed almost immediately after that. But there was like the party is in town and I just don't know that that'll ever happen again. We'll be right back. It's KSR. TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 8: He'll make them pay now more.
Speaker 4: Kentucky Sports Radio present it by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 8: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: It's a great song, Casey and Jojo. Yeah. I was singing this on the way in the parking garage, so I just wrote it down.
Speaker 5: I thought that had something with you and Abbey that with your song.
Speaker 7: Literally when I pulled in, I swiped my card this morning, I was singing this and I was like, well, I guess I'll make this a good call.
Speaker 3: Well, it's beautiful song. That was also a fun moment. I'll remember us driving up to Billy's wedding playing that song Let's Get Married by Jagged Edge. Huh Yeah, So Shannon, we played that pulling in and everybody was singing, dancing, we want to just blare. We all got out that it would be a fun I'm sure people have played that like when they're you know, walking down the arod. But that's a fun song.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it doesn't even have to be It's perfect on wedding day. But even if you're not going to wedding, great beat because.
Speaker 3: It's just happy. It's the remix, that's right.
Speaker 5: Ah Ah, that's my favorite part of the song.
Speaker 3: Hang on a second, let me, I'm gonna get I need to get in the mind framed here, all right, So just just play it for me.
Speaker 5: You know you got you to take me to the altar and your wide drid aha ah.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm listening to it if I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven one person, right's mad. I graduated ninety eight, my little brother parentheses, my dad got married again, graduated in fourteen. We did have the best time, that's true. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Pretty good, especially for brothers that far apart to land like that.
Speaker 3: Good for you all. Couldn't land it any better. Andy, go ahead, Andy.
Speaker 13: Hey, I'm just calling in to uh get to pitch Ritchie, to get out there and play with you guys. Because it's something about having hip replacements. I'm willing to do it. And I got hip replacements plus a bunch of other stuff, so I know if I can be willing to get out there and try it, I mean.
Speaker 3: You're also Andy blind.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, just and just had colon cancer, had a tumor removed. I'm ready.
Speaker 14: Nobody else got you had a hip replaced, colon cancer, two hips colon cancer, and are blind, and you're you want to play?
Speaker 13: I want to play? I don't know you want to?
Speaker 15: I can, I can shoot free throws.
Speaker 3: Do you wanna? You want to come to the combine?
Speaker 13: Absolutely? I went to well I think you know this. I went to tumble in high school before, and there was a time I stood there and hit six for six and free throws and couldn't see the goal. So I don't know how I'm.
Speaker 3: Inviting you Andy. I'm inviting you to the combine. It would be great to have you there. You have been through as much as almost anyone I know, and I think it would be fun. So you're you are invited.
Speaker 13: I just let me know when there you go.
Speaker 4: You couldn't look worse than Detroit Piston's open trials that they had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's exactly right. We're assimbling a squad here, that's right. Plus, if Richie here's that he has to come right. Ye, can Richie even make this team? At this point?
Speaker 8: I don't know is Richie gonna play tonight.
Speaker 3: Show. Yeah, wells we go, Richie on my head. I'm sorry, I can't start you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: Andy just hit more free throws than you did.
Speaker 3: Six or six were good? Brian, go ahead, Brian.
Speaker 6: Man. I just want to say something about the Ryan versus Alan Cutler before they ever even play. You know they're calling a flaker. And two on Alan Cutler's mustache.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's all right. He might tickle you in the back when he's when he's.
Speaker 8: Brushed up the guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: Right, R's gonna Rise's gonna go off for a layup, and that old squirrel tail is gonna go right across his forehead.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir appreciated. Jeremy go ahead.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just wanted to hit on two things. Uh, that's timing to be a UK. Now I wasn't in school at the point, but we were down there for twenty I'm sorry, twenty twelve, twenty fourteen for the championship twelve on uh on? Was it a limestone Broadway whatever? The ten rough amazing the Marsity State Street. You can't replicate that. I mean there are patients out in the streets and wheelchairs and ivs partying the the natural fan for the cauc on State camp at versus twenty fourteen it's raining, we lose. Yeah, State troopers were out and they did not have a sense of humor difference, but a great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then find out obviously in fifteen I mean that whole that whole run that you know that you're all's era of State Street that was Euclid and uh what where where lyne Is was Euclid? And what was the other cross.
Speaker 5: Street Rose Woodland, Woodland, Woodland and Euclid right there where I guess two fisted wheelies is.
Speaker 3: Didn't they flip your van over?
Speaker 5: That was a different differently? What do you mean that was when they marched on downtown.
Speaker 3: No, that they flipped in like a TV van over during the ninety eight, ninety seven, ninety six You think that's didn't happen.
Speaker 5: I don't remember it happened.
Speaker 3: Maybe not your TV station.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I wasn't our TV station. Well, ours got flipped over during the other march on downtown during the race Revolution, Riot Revolution.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just Matt.
Speaker 15: The other thing I got for you is you're the wedding gift to get for the rival fan. I'm married at Tennessee girl, and I got a cameo from you about our wedding and our first son, Maverick being born, and you ended it on you know that shade of orange for Tennessee really is pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Yes, well you're welcome. I appreciate it. I do remember doing that one man cameo. They just called me and said, when are you going to get back on cameo that used to be that was big for like two years. That was huge. Adam, go ahead, Adam.
Speaker 16: That you said, and there.
Speaker 17: I think he.
Speaker 16: Eric done so much for a humanitarian like eight across the world, but he doesn't need to do He.
Speaker 3: Doesn't need to do this. This is a This is a clownish thing, and you know it's clownish, and so that doesn't negate the fact that he's done positive things. People are complex instruments. You can be good and you can also have mistakes. I certainly have. But this is clownish. This is what he's doing now, and he's making the conscious choice to do that, and it is what it is. I'm disappointed in him, because're right, he has done he has done a lot of really good things in his life he has, and I think there's a good person in there, but this is clownish.
Speaker 16: Totally agree with you that this is kind of like a the simple publicity stunt exactly the things that and this has done in other countries. Just to you know, that's awesome, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, but that doesn't then give you an excuse to just do whatever, right like you were all give us.
Speaker 16: An excuse to judge him on this one.
Speaker 3: I can't judge him on what he's doing right now, right, I mean, this is what he's doing right now, and he's making that active choice. I would never say in his cantor is a bad person in his cantor? I know him, Okay. The difference between me and most people listening is I know the guy. He's a good guy, but this is stupid, right.
Speaker 16: So you would judge him on it, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I would judge him. I'm not judge the difference between me and you. I want to be clear, and it's not just about this. I don't judge people. I judge behavior. You can be a good person and do something really stupid, all right, Absolutely, all three people in this room right now are good people who have made big mistakes in life. Right, Oh, yeah, that's the way I go. But the answer is not. Ryan's a good person. So that means whatever he does is okay. Right. So I'm not saying you're never You're almost never gonna hear me say that someone's a bad person. I think if you listen, I almost will never say that. But you can completely judge behavior, and that's what I'm doing. Fair enough, appreciate the call, Kevin, Go ahead.
Speaker 11: And on the best time. I'm an eighty nine to ninety three grad, a UK student and grad ninety three grad.
Speaker 3: That's a good time.
Speaker 11: Run. I mean it started out, as you know, obviously the probation and and but there was a blast watching that team and then all the way to you know, the winning it all. Well yeah, just the run and the final fours and the title. But if you're talking about party, and I don't obviously that's a little different or just hanging out with the players, but you know, watching that team and the egos not like that.
Speaker 3: That's a really good pick. That stuff, that's a really good pick. I appreciated. Ninety to ninety three is a good pick too, because you're getting the excitement of watching Patino build that team culminating in the ninety three final four and then of course the Richie team is just special for something like that is a really good run too. That's that's in your group. And I would also say a couple of people wrote me like seventy five, six, seven and eight. Yes, because you win the title in seventy eight. The football team's good during that period of time as Wellay Ramsey Ramsey and though so that would have been a really good win in too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's seventy five teen. Had Kevin Greevy that they went with the winning what the final final game?
Speaker 3: Yes, so yeah, that's a really good one too. And I think they won the n I T one of those years too, right nine, I think they won seventy nine. Okay, tell me about Stockton Morgan.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've got that, and then my phone went dead, So give me one day. Just talk amongst yourself. Here we go before the kids head back to school, which is this week, by the way, in Faette County. Maybe it's time to Wednesday. Maybe it's time to think about whether your family has outgrown your current home. Doctor Margats can help you navigate what's next your house actually may be worth more than you realize if you've built up equity over the years. Now being a good time to learn how it could help your future goals. Doctor Mortgage can walk you through it with your options, and they're great at it. Visits Stockton dot com Doctor Mortgage NMLS eight two five nine Equal Healthy Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot org.
Speaker 3: We'll take a break very back, ksr Rick Ross. Yes, you know he's playing. Are you going to the concert that's coming up? Right? Which? Which one is it?
Speaker 7: It's Friday? Oh, it's listen. Do you want you want my tickets? I don't think I can go this Friday. I'll give you that I wish I could do after the Reds game. I do love some rose. Yeah, thank you for the offer, though, can't make it. Okay, was beautiful song though, should be in your wedding.
Speaker 3: I think it was, actually was it? Yeah, it's a great video from this shout out to you know, every town in Kentucky has like a character. Yes they do, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Every community I love. I love that about our local community.
Speaker 3: Every county has like a care I remember, you know in my in my town, we had a guy who always would end his sentences with, so you go, you know you want to go, you wanna go watch the game? Oh yeah, you got you got Dick Tamor too. You got Dic Tamor right. He had you know, we had a bunch of them. My friend Leslie County, Chris Moseley, always talks about there was a guy in his county who would say something and then repeat it in a whisper.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you talked about him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, Ryan, what you doing?
Speaker 8: Always would do that.
Speaker 3: Always everything you would say it and then whisper it. So he'd be like, Shannon, what's the next song, Shannon, what's the next song? I love it? Though. Well. One of those passed away in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, a guy they called bird Dog. Bird Dog apparently beloved in Hopkinsville. You know, I've got a bunch of friends in hopkins bird Dog apparently would stand on the corner and bark at people as they went by, and he rode around town on a lawnmower. Bird Dog, bird Dog, and he would drive by your house see you in in a loving way. Go you're just saying hi, bird Dog. Bird Dog died. Bird Dog died, and I like this the community. In order to honor him, they had a because he rode around on his lawnmower, they had a They had a lawnmower and tractor parade his honor around town. The funeral possession procession had the hearst. But then people behind it wow on riding lawnmowers. Except, Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I just thought that was really nice, very nice. That's a small town America kind of thing. You have a bird dog that barks at people, and then you honor him with a thing. It's on Facebook, the little parade.
Speaker 5: That's very very sweet.
Speaker 3: Isn't that sweet? Did you have one in your town? Toad Taylor? What did Toad do?
Speaker 5: He wrote around on a lawnmower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he had a very similar thing. Why was he called Toad?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure, but he scared me and I kind of stayed away from him.
Speaker 3: Why did he scare you?
Speaker 5: Well, man's riding around on a lawnmower named Toad Taylor. Didn't that scare you?
Speaker 3: It sounds like pretty It sounds like a good guy.
Speaker 5: To Ben Velping had Shorty Berry, who also wrote around town on a lawnmower.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's a true. Maybe that's a thing people like riding around on lawnmower. But did you have one in Madisonville? I had a few one. I still My dad's like good friends with the mill. Just call him out of blue, but called him Wayner. He's always downtown. He'd wear different stuffs, like one day he'd be a judge if you judge Wayne, different different outfits he had cost the man. I love me some Wayner. Well. I like small town America too. I wish I'd done this earlier because I'd like to have read some of them.
Speaker 7: And they're like the most popular people in the most popular people in.
Speaker 3: Town, and you love them.
Speaker 5: They go to all their hometown school events.
Speaker 3: Yeah, games, that's exactly right.
Speaker 5: I love that about him.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with you, Todd. Go ahead, Todd, Hey, what's up, guys?
Speaker 17: You were talking about the best time. I graduated high school ninety four, so I was at UK from ninety five ninety eight, the nineteen sixth season, Yeah, the ninety six season, the redemption Mets against UMass was on my birthday, and then the ninety eight championship game was on my birthday. So yeah, it was a very good time.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine. Yeah, I appreciate the call. I was in college for ninety seven ninety eight, which is a lot of fun. But ninety six, I was a senior in high school just watching the reports, going, man, I wish I was there.
Speaker 5: See, that's right. When I got to Channel eighteen January of ninety six, I was here for a little.
Speaker 3: Just out there. Yeah, blike go ahead, bike, Hey guys.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I was gonna say. I was there from seven to twelve, so fifth year, and we got two good years of football. My first years, even though Billy was there, kind of stunk basketball. But then we got to watch like you all start KSR and everyone start blogging hard on the like everybody getting into recruiting and stuff like that. So we got to see the Elite eight Final four championship run as like the end of it, which was pretty sweet, so I think. And then also technology wise too, I would throw that in there, because we were on the edge of like were and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the last generation without without the smartphones, that's right, that's.
Speaker 18: We could like still connect with technology, but we did. We weren't trapped by it, so we could have a lot of fun and not get in trouble by it.
Speaker 3: That's a great call. That's a great call. I appreciate the call. There was that time, you know Drew where there was like who is Kate on State? Yes, you know who? Like now Kate on State couldn't be Kate on stay correct because the picture would be like on every social media account. But back then, little mystery, still little mystery out there who people were. You'd hear like you could still that was a good time because like technology existed, but it didn't overwhelm us yet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and there's stories of maybe some of our favorite basketball players having some fun that they couldn't do in the.
Speaker 3: Everywhere.
Speaker 7: It's like it was a grainy photo of cousins in the back of the exactly you'd be like, is that DeMarcus or did he stay in?
Speaker 3: Like now you can't they couldn't do it? Oh no, it was Yeah, that was just it was such like a kind of on the you knew change was coming, but there's still was like hanging on Greg, go ahead.
Speaker 12: Greg, hey manthis is Greg from Corbyn. I know you started the show off send that you could do social media today. Mario and Billy Gone just wanted to run somebody real quick. My wife sent you a video of our closest friends go to encounter with a bear. Just make sure you get to take a chance to watch that.
Speaker 3: Send it on my email because sometimes videos don't come through on the text machine. So Matt dot Jones at Kentucky Sports Radio dot.
Speaker 18: Com okay, sure will thank you busy.
Speaker 3: Thank you Court dot com. If you need physical therapy like I'm on need over the next five and a half weeks as I try to get in shape, KRT dot com. Don't no reason to have pain, go to Court seventy locations across the state. Court dot com. That's ko RT dot com. For those of you that are Cover zero listeners, you know we're going to do our first ever KSR live fantasy football league through Cover zero. We will today tell you how to register on today's episode. Drew and I are taping it after the show here between this and ESPN and I'm talking today, so we will but you will be able to join. We're gonna have a live draft, so listen to Cover zero today to learn how to potentially join and be part of our I'm gonna do fantasy football for real for the first time.
Speaker 5: That's exciting.
Speaker 8: That's good.
Speaker 5: Kind of cool for you guys to do that.
Speaker 3: Yes, so, but you have to be able to come here on a particular time.
Speaker 7: Very cool because the draft is the best part. Sit around a computer and click buttons. We were doing a live draft.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be with the people, but only like nine of them. Thank you guys very much. We will see you later. Ryan and shann and I old school for the rest of the week. Josh I will join us too. We'll see you later. Kaentucky Sports Radio