Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Futter Around and find out it's your girl shanty. And it might be hard to believe, but you guys, we finally reached the end of season.
Speaker 2: One of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Whoo, what a fun time it has been so since Asy's off with her team getting buckets and really close wins. We thought a perfect way to end the season would be to give you a compilation of some of the best moments from season one. First, we have Stephan Curry telling us why he chose to take Asy under his wing and what makes a great shooter. Having Stephan Curry on was a dream guest. He's one of the best basketball players to ever touch a ball.
Speaker 2: I want to start by taking it back to twenty eighteen Curry Camp when I was invited. What do you remember about that?
Speaker 3: Man? Oh man, it was like a very special time in you know, my journey in terms of what the you know, the select camp actually meant. I had been with UA for four years at that point, and we had had like this really tight roster of all young men who were coming in the ranks looking to work on their skills, and we had this idea obviously of you know, how can we make this better and more representative of what basketball looks like. And hear you and cam Brink come in walking into Walnut Creek, California in the gym and as the first two female Curry Select campers, and one I noticed just your confidence walking into the room of I'm supposed to be here, even if maybe I don't know what your experience was, but it felt like one year ready to work and you were willing to do any and everything that we asked of you. But two, it was like you could tell the talent and the skill and the dedication to the game immediately. And so from that point it was it was the perfect kind of transition into you know, you taking that chance on coming and not knowing what you're getting into to now what it looks like, what eight years later and you're paving the way for so many athletes behind you now and now as a counselor coming in and hanging out with Cannon, you like you're like part counselor park babysitter. That's all he was looking for is where it's a at.
Speaker 2: I prefer friend, you know, like me and Canon we're friends.
Speaker 3: Now. That is true.
Speaker 2: That is true if you remembers me.
Speaker 3: Oh, he definitely remembers you.
Speaker 2: I still remember getting my invite to that first camp. Cam and I were on the you seventeen USA team I think or six remember when U sixteen USA whatever, we're on the USA team just got to Belarus. My mom called me and she was like, hey, you just got this invite. Have you seen it? And the WiFi was weird, so I hadn't seen it, so they sent it to me. But Cam and I were actually roommates and we were talking about it, and it's like this whole hype video of Curry Camp. What that looks like? They want to invite me? And I remember like being confused as to why you guys wanted to invite me, but also just in shock, like no way, And it was funny that we were roommates. We got to talk about it and then see each other a week later.
Speaker 3: There that's crazy, just knowing We broadcast a little bit of the camp, and you know, you've seen some clips. I think it was like Seventh Woods and Dennis Smith Junior, who were like our first two campers back in the day into what it was when you showed up. But now we've got was it twelve to fourteen young men and young women, both on as part of the Curry Camp. But none of that would have happened had y'all not accepted the invite and took a chance on us. So we're forever grateful for that because you had to walk through the door.
Speaker 2: Well, we definitely appreciate it. I do too. It's definitely a life changing moment and experience and has been since. Okay, Well, you've supported me through high school, my college commitment, through college, through injuries, championships, and now my rookie year. What moment has stood out to you?
Speaker 3: I mean, how much time do you have? How long's this pot? It's like so many moments, so many moments with you. I think my favorite moment though, is you trying to go out here and think that you could win the three point contest in a boot. That's still my favorite. You remember that.
Speaker 2: You were hurt.
Speaker 3: You were hurt. She's hurt, like can't really do all the other drills, but she's still around. I think this is the second year. We came back the next year and we had like an all star game at this high school in Oakland, and we have like a halftime three point contests and we're like, I think ag might shoot, but she's got lily a walking boot on. We're like, all right, we'll see what happens. She's the one out here having fun, but that look of I do this, And so she got out There was cash from all around the court, every rack in a boot. I don't know how she ca le graded the balance and all of that stuff, but that was just to me like my favorite moment of you're your confidence your competitiveness too, Like no matter what the situation was, you just wanted to compete, get out there going against the guys, and so I feel like that was my favorite moment just knowing that you're a killer, it doesn't matter what the situation is. Toughness like you had to show that and there's no stakes of all, Like what a summertime select can three points shootout?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to win.
Speaker 3: I tell you to sit down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brandon was so mad at me. He did not want me to shoot or for everyone listening. Brandon is one of Stephan's basketball trainers that I work out with as well.
Speaker 3: He yeah, he's serious about we have to protect the asset like she's not supposed to be and you couldn't tell you anything. So he's been through that a lot with me too. He was he was well conditioned for that. That no answer.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Okay, this is something that I've always wanted to ask. But why me? Why did you decide once you invited me to kind of just take me under your wing. It's something you did not at all need to do.
Speaker 3: Whenever people ask me this question, like I think they answer changes just depend on what moment pops up in my head first, But I think generally it's just when you're around the game long enough, you understand somebody that has a spirit of gratitude and appreciation for every moment that they get to hoop. You get the seriousness they take it when it comes to watching you work, and you can't fake that. And no matter how talented you were, highlights us all if you're in high school or this and that, like when you you know, understand your parents and when you got to you know, talk to them and hear the story of you know, how you grew up and how much the game means to you, how you treated people when you came into the building like the most not polite, but like just professional, even as a high schooler of understanding why you're here and not wasting anybody's time. That goes a long way. So yeah, we loved like the fact that you were like one of the most talented, uh you know, hoopers that we had seen, But just the idea of just how you handle things on and off the court that matters more than anything, because then there's this idea that no matter what comes your way, you're gonna be able to figure it out. Like not everybody's path is and you would know and everybody's path is straight in terms of just this you know, easy breezy Coast to the w NBA, but just the idea that no matter if it was an injury, no matter if it was you know, a tough loss or bad game or a hard workout or whatever the case was, like, you were going to show up. And so I think we felt that from the jump, and it's pretty much gone exactly as expected in terms of your ability to be able to figure out whatever challenge is in front of you. So the fact that you're wearing that sweatshirt right now is still crazy to me. Wanted means getting it means I'm getting old, But it's also dope. It's also dope that you're you know, you're right where you're supposed to be because of what you you know, the work that you put into it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I really really appreciate that. That's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: And yeah, girl super resilient and you heard it from one of the goat's mouths.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna keep giving the flowers. Don't worry out what I said, how many questions you got. We're gonna hype her up because she deserves it for.
Speaker 1: Sure, literally me all the time. Okay, that's my family to so steph Azy. You guys are you know, two of the best shooters in the game.
Speaker 2: Step.
Speaker 3: What makes a great shooter first is confidence. I think that's the biggest. It's kind of undefinable trait in terms of like if I walk into gym, I don't know how to say who's the most confident of the group. If you got a bunch of shooters but being able to mentally turn off you know, a miss and have amnesia almost when it comes to what's supposed to happen next. I think there's like mechanics that you could direct somebody to if they're starting from scratch on like, what's quote unquote the perfect jump shot in terms of you know, your balance, how your feet are, position, shoulder square to the basket, what you're supposed to be looking at on the rim ball, position in the hand, like all that stuff. But I will say, everybody, all I know, you know so many great shooters that everybody shoots differently. Me and As have totally distinct forms, Az and Klay Thompson closer, but still different and unique to each of them. So I think it's it's a mental part of the like the confidence and you're sometimes called it irrational confidence of no matter what shot I'm taking, I think I'm going to make, and it's built on you know, the reps helu Yeah, for sure, the reps that you put into it. But then there's there's a repeatability that you know, great shooters have no matter what their shot looks like. That's what Asy has almost mastered. If you took, you know, a thousand pictures of a thousand shots, they probably would all look exactly the same at the top of her her jump shot, and that's why she's such a consistent great shooter. I have a little bit like looser kind of mechanics to me, but I think when I get to the top, it all kind of looks the same as well. So you got to have a little bit of mental and the physical connector. But it's all built on work. You can't cheat the game.
Speaker 2: M Well said, what.
Speaker 3: Do you think I'd say. I'm not the host of this podcast. I'm asked what is a great shooter to you? Because I want to know from another great shooter what that means.
Speaker 2: I agree with what you said. I feel like, if anything, when you watch basketball, you see not like no shots look the same, no form looks the same. You can have the ugliest looking build up wind up, but if it works for you, then it works for you. If it's consistent, like you make it work then but I agree you have to be able to repeat. That has to be consistent.
Speaker 1: I like the delusional confidence where it's like everything I put up is going in period period.
Speaker 3: If you if you if you could have a microphone on in your in your brain, like at that moment when you're about to shoot, it's like there's no other option. You almost surprised if you miss. But also I will say, you know, you get to a point where you know right away as soon as that ball leaves her fingertips that which was about to happen. We could we could pretty much predict the outcome. You might get a couple of surprises or lucky balance, but for the most part we know as soon as we let it go.
Speaker 1: Next we have superd talking about all things you can and advice for Azy in the future.
Speaker 2: I felt inspired talking to super Bird.
Speaker 1: I feel like when she talks, it just makes you want to be not only a.
Speaker 2: Better basketball player, but like a better person.
Speaker 1: She wears many hats and she aspires me to live many lives.
Speaker 2: Okay, so recently we had coach or Yamma on our podcast and there were a lot of comments on social media after about how he joined our pod before yours, and I was curious to know what your response was to that, but also like, why is that Why hasn't he joined your pod? Well, he hasn't been invited. Oh okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: So for the podcast, I do by myself bird's eye view that right now is like only players. I think eventually actually only like w NBA players, And I think eventually I'll start to like branch out go the coaching route college players.
Speaker 2: Maybe like that kind of a thing.
Speaker 4: But right now it's just WNBA players, so he doesn't you know, the man never played, so he doesn't fit as far as it touched more goes.
Speaker 2: You know, Megan and I talked about it. We want to get CD.
Speaker 4: On before we get anybody on and support CD keeps turning us down.
Speaker 2: Oh she did say that the other day. She was like, who wants to hear what I have to say? I was like, CD, everyone, he doesn't want to hear what you have to say? Everybody? You know everything, We've been there for everything.
Speaker 4: She's also, when CD comes on, then maybe we'll throw the invite.
Speaker 2: Out to coach. I'm crying. Okay, you gotta keep pushing. I'll keep like yeah Connor for me. Yeah, not that I hold any power over nobody does.
Speaker 1: So. On the pod, uh, we asked you know a question about an I L and it came up whether you know you guys would leave? What do you think if you if an IL existed when you played?
Speaker 2: Do you think you would have still stayed at Yukon? Oh? My god? Like left early?
Speaker 1: I mean not even early, like each year. Yeah, you can transmit to a different school. And I also want to know your thoughts about if DT would have leave it.
Speaker 2: To nah, I don't think we would have left. I don't think I would have left. I'm a big believer.
Speaker 4: Like when your team is good, all the money's coming, all the accolades are coming, everything's coming when your team is good. So like whatever you might get if you left to go on your own, I feel like if you stay and you win, which obviously we know that that my era, like we went out champions, like you're just gonna get just as much.
Speaker 2: So I don't think we would have left.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean, you know, stores would have had to figure it out. They would have been sponsored by like Deep Dough and tids, they would have had to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Well, that would have been really funny the fundraise. I basically I basically kept Deep Dough afloat. Let's be honest, hand literally, I've actually never had Deep Dough. You've never had Deep Dough. It's like a calzone spot.
Speaker 4: But they have like I can't even like a ton of different col zones, and you know they deliver after midnight.
Speaker 2: So that's what it is. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: So when you were looking for colleges that you wanted to go to. What other schools were you considering?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the only two other schools that I visited were Stanford and Vanderbilt.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, Vanderbilt feels like so random for people now, but will give Shay a shout out. They're on the they're on the come up, they're coming back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah. So those were my my three final schools at the time. You got to go way back, Like, I was a big.
Speaker 4: Fan of Jen Easy, So Stanford to me was like, oh, this is where you go to be like the best point guard, you know, so that really stuck out. I remember tar Vanderverer kind of recruited me to be a point guard.
Speaker 2: Vanderbilt.
Speaker 4: Interestingly enough, Jim Foster was there, who's actually coach Rayama's like one of his close friends, possibly even like a mentor. At one point, they were kind of recruiting me to be a too, which thinking about that now is like crazy, but yeah, they were recruiting me to be a two.
Speaker 2: And then Ukom was kind of like you know how they are.
Speaker 4: They're like, hey, this is who we are. If you like it, cool, come on over. If not, all good, So they were playing hard to get a little bit and clearly.
Speaker 2: I was attracted to that the exact same way. I think that's so incredible, Like the exact same way. If you come here great, if you don't, I know, you look forward to beating you.
Speaker 4: People always ask about like what keeps them, what makes them great? And I'm like the fact that they have literally been the same for I don't even know how many years they've been there, like thirty forty years, this is yeah, this is forty forty one. Oh yeah, fortyieth was last year. Forty one years, They've literally been the same. It's it's really incredible that they haven't gotten and I don't say this in a negative way, but that they haven't gotten bored or like complacent.
Speaker 2: In doing you know and being great and doing what works. Yeah, impressive. Coach reminds us all the time that he's like, well now it's a little it's a little bit different before it was. Have you guys ever won No, I've won eleven, so like, I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing this for you.
Speaker 4: I don't believe him when he says that. I'm like, it's a little bit for you. Come on, like you like it too. He does, like he was having fun. Yeah, he was having fun after last year. Also, he wasn't just like, oh, you guys enjoy Nah, he's enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember your visit? How you can? Of course? Oh, tell us about it? Of course, you know, there's not really much to tell, you know.
Speaker 4: You you know, you have a host.
Speaker 2: Shae Ralf was my host. Is that correct? I think that's correct.
Speaker 4: And but you spend time with everybody, You're never you know, cause we kind of I'm sure you guys are the same. You roll pretty tight, and so you're with the whole team.
Speaker 2: They're taking you to some classes like oh, this is what your day would be like, you go.
Speaker 4: To practice, you watch him practice. I was there with I went on my visit with this other player, Lindsay Amasaki and then Asia Jones, so it was like the three of us on our visit and I remember at the end of it, you know, you go.
Speaker 2: To coach's house.
Speaker 4: That's the last stop, so your visit's over, and then you go to his house for like whatever breakfast lunch before you take off, and that's when he like takes you into like a private room and he has his like this is his final play, you know, He's like, all right, this is it? Like we were saying what do you think? And I didn't commit on the spot. Some some players fall into that. I didn't fall into that. I didn't commit. But when Asia and I were saying goodbye, she was she kind of looked at me. She's like, I think I'm coming here?
Speaker 2: Are you coming here? And I was like, yeah, I'm probably coming here. That's funny. What is your favorite CD memory?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, CD memory? I don't know if my favorite. I can't tell you on camera. How sad is that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wait, actually want to change that. What's your favorite CD memory? From being a player and then to being an alum to being alone? Man, my favorite ones are aren't She'll kill me if I tell. Okay, I'm really approved favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we definitely we played this is like my least favorite. We played in the pantyhose era. Everybody knows about the pantyhose era. When you know, a lot of times we have to dress up when we go out to dinner or when we travel or whatever the case. And if you wore a skirt or a dress or any kind of you know, leg revealing outfit. She forced us to wear pantyhose. It was like a rule. So that's my least favorite memory. I know that rule no longer exists, so you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Because we must have thank you, thank you pioneer anytime you went through it, so I didn't have to yep, exactly. Yeah, so that's my least favorite.
Speaker 4: So, I mean we all had like clear nail polish on deck because there was no way these things weren't running, you know, like that's like the hack if they run.
Speaker 2: Okay, actually I have heard that was what I said. I don't even know what you're talking about, but I have paid that before. Man, I'm really dating myself here. God, my favorite I think just like, oh, there was one where let me.
Speaker 4: Think about a favorite. Guys, this is tough. They're all embarrassing for her. Let me think, let me think, let me think. I don't know if I have any that aren't embarrassing, she'll kill me. So I'm just gonna leave that panty hose.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, that's perfect because we got to keep her and your good graces so she can come on your bad. So exactly, did you guys have CD games? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Oh so this has been going on for like all forty one years. Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: Actually, you know, one of my favorite CD memories is we were in the NCAA tournament. I want to say we were in Pittsburgh. It was like a regional and so this is actually one of my favorites. She did a scavenger Hunt game that was honestly like so elite. She gave us disposable cameras and we had to like go around the city and get different pictures with different It was like go find two people with a mullet.
Speaker 2: It was like all this we had to go. One of them was.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget this because we were walking distance to the arena. It was like go take a picture with someone from another team that like we were about to play in the regional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was like one of.
Speaker 4: The like most legit elite scavenger Hunt games I've ever played. And then basically we got it all developed and we had to like put it on this like map and then obviously you know whoever got the most points. But yeah, oh she's been doing games and like morning walks and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah, for forever, I'm gonna have to request a fun scavenger Hunt game that sounds like a good one. It really was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had like teams of you know, two or three people each, so it's a couple of teams and you just like took over the city trying to find like all this different stuff.
Speaker 2: It was really fun. Wow, I'm so impressed. I don't have to talk about her. Talk to her about this later. CdSe games are legendary, like everyone talks. They truly are, Like I wish everyone could experience at least one CD game. So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: CD needs to take this on the road, you know, after Yukon, whenever she's done, because I want to play. Okay, So Sue, let's talk about your transition from Yukon into the pros. What was some of the hardest lessons you learned in transitioning from college to the WNBA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, honestly, just the losing right away. You're losing way more than you ever lost in your whole life, probably, and that's a learning lesson.
Speaker 2: I remember, I've told this story before.
Speaker 4: It's like we lost our very first game and I'm like coming to the locker room like mad, I'm like, what the fuck you know all this stuff? So I'm coming to the locker room like pissed off, not throwing shit, but like I'm mad, and I look around and everybody else on my team is just.
Speaker 2: Like yo, where you want to go to dinner tonight?
Speaker 4: Like life just moves on, and very quickly you realize you can't get like crazy with the losses because there's just going to be so many of them and if you let them get to you, you'll never be able to play the next game. So that was probably the biggest adjustment. I felt like Yukon does get you ready, Like you're going to be ready physically, you're going to be ready mentally. Of course, there's different adjustments, like you know, everybody's older. You're playing against like legit grown ass women now who are old or smarter. They know how to like manipulate you out there. So there's like adjustments there, but those ones you just like figure out.
Speaker 2: As you go. The one that was really hard was the losing. The losing was tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, what advice do you have for az as she's you know, going to start beginning her transition to the pros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, first and foremost, enjoy this last season.
Speaker 4: You know, I feel like there's there are a couple moments where it's cliche to say, like make sure you're soaking it all in, but this is one of those moments where you know it's your last.
Speaker 2: Right, sometimes we don't know what's going to happen. You know it's your last year.
Speaker 4: So I think you can definitely take a couple of moments here and there and just kind of look around and enjoy it all because it's interesting. Like I would say, when I look back on college, it's some of the best years of my life, so much fun. You don't have to worry about anything. I mean, you have to worry about school a little bit, but you don't have worry about anything else. But like your teammates, basketball, your friends, you get to have fun.
Speaker 2: It's really nothing like it.
Speaker 4: And at the same time, once you become a pro, you don't really crave college years because you're a kid. You're now like an adult and there's something really exciting about that. So I think for you and your adjustment, just you don't have to don't think about it yet.
Speaker 2: It's going to come. It's going to come.
Speaker 4: You don't have to worry about it. You're already prepared for it. You're going to be preparing for it this whole year, so really just enjoy now.
Speaker 2: That's definitely my main goal is to enjoy everything about this year, my teammates, the coaches. Like you said, there is stuff you need to worry about, but we really truly are in a little bubble here and you can't take that for granted. Yeah, it's nice. It's a nice life.
Speaker 1: Next, we have to step buds talking about all things sliding into the d m s and when I tell you, they are so funny and so fun and having them on was a blast, especially right after All Star weekend. So speaking of baddies, listen, y'all, good looking, y'all get to the money, y'all hoopers. Tell me, I know the baddies are in your d ms. What is the boldest or craziest d M you've ever received?
Speaker 2: I just got on. I just told you though, And I don't know if y'all want me?
Speaker 1: Hold on now, hold on and they keep I'll translated for the kiss.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to see?
Speaker 1: Oh crazy, I'm gonna show crazy these dms. Get I'm mean, she she not letting it die. And when I say she in my request, like I ain't even opened it and she should keep sing them Okay, you can just then persistent, We don't you know like those traits.
Speaker 2: And women did, just hang on get what you want.
Speaker 1: It's just like the DMS is just it's just too many, Like it's.
Speaker 2: So what do they need to say to get you to respond? First of all?
Speaker 1: First of all, your page can't be private because page cannot click private.
Speaker 2: Like it don't matter though, just as.
Speaker 1: A lambit thing, okay to see your private I'm gonna write it down for the listeners trying to tie it pay.
Speaker 2: I got no good one, no pro And then it's like you can't come like too strong.
Speaker 1: You gotta be a little cute to with it, like if you're not cut qt sy like give me yeah, we want qt very cute and very demor that's exactly what we want. Anything else, it's usually a three third no private QC.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: The third would be I don't know if you like have a dog, I want to see you post it ah dog, ye'all?
Speaker 2: I like dog moms, single dog.
Speaker 1: Moms, single dog mom shing no dog with your not showing no dog with your baby.
Speaker 2: Because it ain't nothing here for you.
Speaker 1: I need your free We already got a T shirts, no private, QC, demir dog what you need question?
Speaker 2: Let me stop searching? No, No, you're good.
Speaker 1: Your top three so three things that they need if they're going to slide in?
Speaker 2: Okay, how the gate?
Speaker 1: You gotta look good your profile hold on God to grab my attention. So if your profile picture ain't like a pressure pack, then I'm probably not even gonna click on the message I got you. Pressure that makes me click on that message? Is that profile gotta look like a bad so that one pressure pack to on the profile picture, or I'm not even gonna click on your pains for clarity on the profile picture pressure pack on profile number two?
Speaker 2: Got them?
Speaker 1: You can be super duper aggressive, but nine times out of ten, most of the baddies don't even be aggressive.
Speaker 2: They want to be so cute and simple in the DM soft. Yes, it don't even be soft.
Speaker 5: It's just to be like lame, like hey, or like cutie or like emosies like baddies don't send much because they know they bad not too much.
Speaker 2: They don't. I'm they they don't playing bro. They have a master. They know what they don't do and say because they know they don't got to do or say too much. Period, that's who. And number three I would say three in my d MS. Mm hm, you want me to tell the truth. Yes, you gotta be gay. I don't play them by games now. If you you go to.
Speaker 1: Buy games, that's your b But for me personally, I need you to be gay period and them my three g and you got to to be.
Speaker 2: Gay genus plus.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all got that. I want a Prussia pack on the profile. Yeah, two soft batties, don't do too much?
Speaker 2: Three gay, thank you?
Speaker 1: And the throat of my period, no questions, and you don't have a chance with me. Hey, you have a chance to go onto the next show. Thanks by the stuff buds.
Speaker 2: Send DMS. This segment of Committed to Care, Women, Health and Sports is presented by United Healthcare. All right, let's talk about something that does not get enough love. Recovery.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know, it's not sexy, it's not viral. No one's making a mixtape of great ice bath moments. There's no top ten recovery plays on Sports Center. Nobody's making a big fuss to their friends about their favorite athletes. Elite hydration but if you know, you know, because recovery is the reason you're able to keep showing up. You don't always notice it in the moment, but it's the difference between having that extra little bit at the end of the game or not. Everybody loves the bucket, the win, the moment where we can all say let's go, But what people don't see is everything that happens after, when your body's like, hey, so about what you just did to me. And this is where a lot of athletes get it wrong, because every athlete learned is at some point you can't fake recovery. You can pretend you're all good, you can say I'm fine, you can convince yourself you're ready, but your body will absolutely snitch on you later every time. And that's where the gap really shows up, because recovery isn't the same for everyone, and for women athletes in particular, it hasn't always been fully understood, fully prioritized, or built specifically for how our bodies actually work. So what happens You miss the small things, You rush the process, you don't fully reset, and that's when recovery turns into injury risk. That's when something that could have manage early turns into something that keeps you out. Recovery isn't separate from injury prevention. It's a huge part of it, and it only works if you actually have the right support around you, because behind every athlete, and I mean every athlete, there's a whole team. Coaches, trainers, strength staff, nutrition, people paying attention to details that you don't even think about. Even the girls I play with make recovery possible. Sitting in an ice back next to Sarah, hitting the sauna with Calice and KK make getting the rest of our bodies need more fun and less like a chore. The best teams don't just show up, They communicate. They know what you need, when you need it, and how to adjust before something becomes a bigger problem. That's what's been missing in a lot of places, especially when it comes to women's health. Not enough personalization or attention to how our bodies actually respond, not enough support built specifically around those needs. Recovery approaches were built around male athletes, with women expected to just adapt. That kind of recovery doesn't take it consideration, hormones, training cycles, energy levels. The list goes on, and we're learning more and more every Day. That's why I partnered with United health Care to help highlight those gaps and push toward a better way of supporting women's health because United Healthcare is focused on helping connect people with care that's built around them, Support that helps you catch things earlier, understand what your body needs, and take the right steps before something becomes a bigger issue, not just reacting, but helping with prevention because timing matters here too, catching something early, getting the right support at the right moment, take the right steps in recovery before something becomes a bigger issue. That's what keeps you out there because when you actually take care of your body and you have the right support to do it, you're not just recovering, you're protecting your ability to keep playing. So take care of yourself, actually take care of yourself, and remember you don't have to figure it out all alone. You're not supposed to. This segment is presented by United health Care. United Healthcare Committed.
Speaker 1: To And finally, we have our funding Game segment with KK Arnold, who joined us for our Fashion Week debrief ah Man. Having Kk and a z On is some of the best time. It feels just like having your family on some of my sisters to talk about all things fashion and basketball. All Right, you guys, we're gonna play a quick game of would you rather? I'll start, Would you rather the fashion shows or the after parties?
Speaker 6: Fashion shows?
Speaker 2: Fashion show?
Speaker 1: I'm also gonna say fashion shows. Okay, how about this? Heels are flats or sneakers? Heels are sneakers?
Speaker 2: Heels? I know that's heels.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say heels too because I'm always in them anyways. Train or Uber, Yeah, this is the New York City version. See, going on a train was a little quicker, really it was. Yeah, it was a lot faster than uber, like considerably, like traffic lines.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you do what about you? There's a time and place, but train like, you get the full experience, Like you never know what you're gonna get, so it makes it a little more fun, you know, uber like it's in the car talk or don't talk like someway. You might get a little some fun out. But you know, girl, nah, you keep that fun. Put me in Uber.
Speaker 1: But that's only because I'm from New York, Like, I'm used to being on the train all the time, so that is no brainer for me.
Speaker 6: Would you rather find a roach or rat in your apartment?
Speaker 2: Ya, what's wrong is death and an option. I'm moving out immediately. You can keep my stuff too. I don't know anywhere.
Speaker 6: I mean, would you read that either or you gotta find something and then move out? Which would you rather find a rat or a roach?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My goodness, it's so bad. That's so bad. Gosh, roach because they're smaller.
Speaker 1: But that means there's a lot. That there's a lot, like there's never just rats. I'm gonna say a rat because maybe, like you know, it's ratitude. Okay, it's gonna help me shift. We're gonna stay positive. He's gonna get my hairs, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, is big?
Speaker 1: It depends, Okay, Okay, I'm gonna do rack because roach.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like an infestation. Rat. I'm just loan rat ratitude you vibe? What about you? Yeah? A rat?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 1: Next one mini skirt or jeorts, mini skirt georts, oh mini skirt door dash or restaurant door dash, door dash.
Speaker 2: I got excited that one silver or gold jewelry silver.
Speaker 1: I'm gold, okay in the silver today, though, thank you. I think summer gold and then every other time Silver, I know, we're like toward the end of the summer, which is why Silver is coming.
Speaker 3: Out for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, you just guys, you just don't like. I don't like how looks on me like in other people. But hotel or.
Speaker 1: Airbnbh Airbnb, hotel, that's tough. It gets me are typically yeah, like really nice and then they like clean up after you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like when you go into a country, like a foreign country, I like to be in like an Airbnb, so it kind of feels like I'm a part of the experience there.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I just like being with other people, like a hotel. Gotta go to their room and be like, let me go to cakes, and we're like every week, just be with them like.
Speaker 1: Care.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Glasses or no glasses, glasses glasses yeah. Classes streetwear or preppy streetwear, elevated streetwear? All right, our last one, oh last two? TikTok live or snapchat stories ms girl, miss k.
Speaker 6: I love your good slap chat story now, y'all. I'm not gonna lie. If you want to see funny content and filters, go on my snapchat.
Speaker 2: What's your snapchat? Plug? Can baby bell one, when did you make your snapchat? When did you make it?
Speaker 1: Because that's given, like you know, the whole a let's give it like back in the days.
Speaker 2: Ye yeah, well you need answer. You just you said you just love it. I only post, okay, I don't really post much publicly on my snapchats. I'm gonna go, Okay, i'd me to the private story because I heard what you said. I heard that publicly. So which one I'm gonna go? TikTok?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say snapchat, but hear me out. It's because my niece and nephew they live in like Arizona, Utah far away, and their mom snapchats me every morning of them. So that's why I chose but TikTok's lit TikTok.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Last one, press ons are gel nails press ons.
Speaker 2: I am like the newest biggest press on fan. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Genail did their genailska genails?
Speaker 2: Sarah is her that girl? Ate it up?
Speaker 1: Jill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me jail. Yeah. I know this wasn't an option, but I'm like a dip powder girl.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like oh and I'm dried. I'm ready to go. So dip powder for me. All right, Well, that is a wrap on today's episode and season one a futter Around and find Out. Thank you guys so much for tuning in all season. We're gonna miss you and we're so grateful for all of your support. Don't forget to rate, review and subscribe to futter Around and find Out wherever you get your podcasts, and we'll see you soon. Futter Around and find Out is a production of iHeart Women's Sports and Unanimous Media. Executive producers are Jesse Kasts, Eric Payton, Charla Sumter Brugette, and Stephan Curry. Co executive producer is Kleana Maria Cutney. Producers are Mike Coscarelli, Grace Fughs, and Mackenzie Fitzpatrick, and co producers are Kurt Redmand, Maya Howard and Jackson Schoeninger. This podcast is edited by Mike Costcarelli and hosted by me Asy Fudd and Ashati Plummer.