Speaker 1: Well, well, well, the All Star break has coming gone. We're getting ready for the playoff push around the league. Games are about to start up here in the past, I guess they've already started up for you listening. In the future, we're gonna recap some of the some of our favorite moments in the All Star weekend. We're going to discuss the state of the AM I seeing this right, Lakers, and plenty more with singer artist, NBA writer Claire de Loom on today's episode. I'm Jack O'Brien and this is JABORI and from Miles and this is Miles and jackets seez dog? Sorry, got it? Look a dog hitch. Okay, there you go and be driving spinning. So bunch got it with five? Is going to try another three?
Speaker 2: Mister?
Speaker 1: Okay, change to Claire. What's going on? Hi? It's good to be back, a returning champion, one of our faves. Great to have you back. Your album dropped, Spirit of the Staircase.
Speaker 3: It did, yeah November, Yeah, congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: The band is Tiny Deaths. I think I know what. That's a reference to naps. It's a reference to naps, right, yeah, because sleep is the cousin of death.
Speaker 4: I thought it was every Laker lossy.
Speaker 1: So we this is an unbiased podcast, just three unbiased journalists kicking it around, have no uh, you know, affinity for any particular NBA team. But before we get to the Lakers and just like what's going on around the league as we head into the playoff push, I did want to check in how was everybody's All Star weekend?
Speaker 2: Like what was what?
Speaker 1: But maybe we could open with the best thing you saw this whole weekend? Mine was. I think it was just like phone videos of Luca and warm ups doing those like half court sho.
Speaker 3: Bounce when he called bounce and then it actually bounced in.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's cheap spell.
Speaker 3: Did you cast that?
Speaker 1: He is like truly a magician with the ball, Like I said that about people with ball handling, but his shot making is so like Jabari and I were talking about this earlier that you know, usually with great shooters, their their shot generally like always looks the same. Yeah, you know, they have a like Steph's shot. You you just like know what it's going to look like and you kind of know that the path the ball is going to travel. Yeah, Luca just can do. Also, it truly is like wizardry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. It freaks me out.
Speaker 3: I need him and I need him and Jokic to end up on the same team, both because they seem like they're good friends who enjoy each other's company, but also because they're the only two people in the league that I personally think have that in common where it's like, it's not like you look like you know what you're doing. It's like you look like there was a magical spell.
Speaker 1: Calf.
Speaker 3: You had one wish and it was to be the best basketball player alive, and it came true, and now nothing can leave your hand without going in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I watch this.
Speaker 4: I just have to say, for the rest of the basketball loving world that is not a Mavericks or Denver fan, why are you wishing this upon us?
Speaker 1: Because I can't tell you now.
Speaker 4: There are several combinations of players in the league that I absolutely don't want to see if it's not on my team. And that's that's pretty high up there.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm sorry. Isn't the implication always that every good player is going to end up playing for the Lakers. Obviously, Claire was implying that this would be with the Lakers, that they would.
Speaker 3: Be wearing the You know what, what I was revealing is my ultimate truth, which is that above any allegiance to any team or any fandom, I'm just a fan of excellence, guys, and I just want to see excellent basketball at the highest level. And also I'm a fan of friendship. I think friendship is first and foremost my priority in this life.
Speaker 1: So I just wondered, Yeah, anti friends. Yeah, yeah, And Luca's energy like he's he's winning me over, like he has Jabari you made. You made the point that he has like some Golden Retriever energy to him, Like he just like seems he's just like kind of like bounce.
Speaker 3: I feel like he has Mutt. He definitely has dog energy, but I feel like he has Mutt energy. Yeah, yeah, just dog than golden because I think he seems a little more like like Golden Retrievers seem like there's just nothing going on behind the eyes in a way that's really charming. They're just sort of like I'm just happy to be here. Yeah, Luca, Like, no Golden Retriever would complain that much to a referee. That's right, I feel confident in that assertion. Yeah, it's some terrier in him, I think, is my point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he reminds me of like when our dogs would like get to a yard after being cooped up too long and just like they're just psyched to be there and they're running around yeah. Fun, but also they're complaining endlessly when they're not in the yard. You know.
Speaker 3: Like, So did you feel because you said he's growing on you? Did you feel because I felt like I am a huge Luca fan. I love him, I love watching him. The All Star Game attitude like really irked me. It was his attitude and his in particular. It wasn't just him, but I felt like he was the worst about it because he didn't he he didn't even really have like a moment in the game where he seemed like he gave a crap. And I feel like at least some of the other players, they're like, all right, I'm gonna like phone it in for ninety five percent of this game, but I'm going.
Speaker 1: To like do this one fun a cool thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Luca was just like, I literally have my uber black booked to the airport for forty five minutes from now.
Speaker 1: Are we done yet, He was like, didn't you see what I did in warm ups? That was cool? Yeah, that was done? Here?
Speaker 3: Can you do the check shot on the court? Luca? Is that so much to ask? Can you do something cool during the game?
Speaker 1: It does make me want to like as shot making has entered like new levels of like greatness and also like new dimensions where people are just like making it from uh so far away. It does Dame half.
Speaker 3: Court shot was really cool. I don't want to hear any hate about that.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I was happy to see it. Yeah, that because I feel it. It's a thing that is in my mind when I'm watching an NBA game is like, man, he could just like pull up from anywhere, Like when are we gonna just games start doing that? Like that's the offense, Whereas.
Speaker 3: Luca was like, I do not dream of labor, which you know I understand. But my favorite, okay, my favorite moment from All Star Weekend. I love all the videos of people of players with their kids. That's truly my achilles. I feel like like any video behind the scenes of a player with their child, like Damian Lillard's daughter taking his picture with a disposable camera or Bam, like messing with Jason Tatum's kid. I also really liked when Lebron was trolling Luca on the bench and talking about his first All Star appearance and he was like, yeah, it was nineteen sixty eight. It was me and both Chamberlain and.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I wish there was more of that. Yeah, wud be my number one if I was named commissioner tomorrow. If Adam Silver was like, dude, I've had enough exam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not sure that that's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: We can It's hard to say, but if the way is he Adam, here's my pitch.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Well as famously, I'm next in line to be NBA commissioner, so I mean it's a matter of time. I'm the Kendle Roll. That's not what you want to be at all. I don't think that's what you want to be either, actually, come to think of it. Anyway, my first change would be that you could pay a premium package. You had to prove that you're over eighteen, but you could pay a premium package to hear a miked up alt cast of every NBA game, and like they could take turns making up different players on each team like for a few minutes a game or whatever, but like the stuff they say on the bench, like the trash talk. I want to hear all of it. That is like one of the most fun parts of the game, and we don't get it except for in very small, very watered down doses. So I would love to hear more.
Speaker 1: It is. What's great about basketball compared to other sports is that we just like get full access to their face to like their personality on the court. They're just there fully for us to drink in. I didn't mean to make that sound that creepy, but the you know, if they yeah, if we got more access to the miked up stuff, that would be great. Sorry my pitch on the shot making though, Like I I know they did horse during the pandemic. Yeah it was cool, but it wasn't like I feel like a like, you know, full packed house for a horse game between like Luca and Steph or something, you know, like somebody who's an amated Stephan Dame and Luca. I feel like Jokic, like I want to see that weird shots like that would be so out.
Speaker 3: Would love to see.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 3: Silly Do we have more silliness, like just more silly games, more like just fun. I mean, I feel like, make the skills challenge even weirder, make it even goofier. I want people having to hula hoop at half court before they try and pull up for a shot. Yeah, I just like, bring me the hijinks.
Speaker 4: You know, here for it.
Speaker 1: And what was your moment of the weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm actually piggybacking on Claire's point. I am an absolute sucker with jack and I discussed this before the show. I'm a sucker for any behind the scenes footage. I love seeing the old school footage in fact, especially of the players and the moment. My best moment was when they showed Haimi haak.
Speaker 1: Is as a kid. Oh I love that dunking on the smaller court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those mom or whomever was in the background asked, you know, like who are you and he's like, I'm Shack. And then forward to you know, this year's dunk contest, and you know, I think Jackie have the point that you made probably one of the best dunks of the night, if not the best duncan that he's jumping over Shack from. Yeah, read their lying, so you know moments like that coming full circle in any of the behind the scenes stuff, you know, that's my preference for sure.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite dunk of the night, Like the fact that he windmilled, jumped from distance, jumped.
Speaker 3: Over the underrated dunk. I was both him and Jacob Toppin. I'm like justice for them because of their dunks, Like Jalen Brown jumped over a guy who was like five to two on a good day sitting in a chair and got a forty nine. And JJJ, who I understand is not Jalen Brown caliber of All Star, but he is, like he has been a starter for the most of the year for Miami. It's not like he's he's not a g leaguer, you know, And he was. He was putting himself on the line as well to do the dunk contest and maybe should have gotten the benefit of the doubt with his scores as well. I thought, you know, like I heard a lot of talk about, like, oh, well, Jaylen Brown, it's really good for the league to have stars of that caliber participating, and I'm like, it absolutely is, and I don't think they're wrong, but I think you could put Himahawks in the category of like a star that didn't really necessarily have that much to gain, Like he's a rookie, but he's in the top five, like rookie of the year conversation. So yeah, I thought also very underrated.
Speaker 1: Just from a novelty perspective, is the first time we've seen someone do it dunk that that spectacular with like guy at a fish concert hair and like there's just that that's unique, Like that's gonna stick in my mind, like those those locks flowing behind him as he jumps over shack and windmills.
Speaker 3: I decided what he looks like because I've been trying to figureut. I'm like, what does he remind me of? He looks like like a villain in like an early two thousand's Western movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, he looks like he could be in the Cowboys like the Tombstone Bad Guys, or like.
Speaker 3: The Wild Wild West like the Will Smith Salmahayak. Like he looks like a villain in that. Yes, it's the facial hair more than the like the head of hair. The head of hair is just immaculate in any time, any era, any movie category. The facial hair is giving early two thousand's iteration of a wild Western villain.
Speaker 1: It's given wiki wild, wild Wicked.
Speaker 3: It's given wiki West. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but Wooden Spider. Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And a couple of teams that are kind of heading into the All Star break hot. I don't know who do we want to talk about? Guys, there's oh yeah, look at this, the Lakers are are a little hot heading in. There's seven and three over the last ten, six and one over there last seven. They that there's the stat about uh lebron A, d Reeves, d Lo each average twenty points in five assists for the month of February. How how much has Dlo been involved in the six and one run here?
Speaker 3: I mean it's he's been huge for them. I wouldn't say like this team lives and dies by dil I wouldn't go that dramatic because I do think one healthy, like they have enough depth to weather a bad deal game here and there. But I would say that the alternate side of that coin is that him playing at his highest level, which I do think like this is Delo's ceiling. I don't think that there's another level for him to reach. I think Delo's been basically playing the best he can possibly play. He hit like a career high and assists the other night. I think it was like seventeen or eighteen assists in a game. He's been excellent, and that really raises their ceiling as a team. Like, if Dilo is the best Delo he can be, the Lakers ceiling goes from like struggling in the play in to like maybe can make some noise in the playoffs for sure, especially with a healthy Lebron and a healthy AD. So I think that it's been hugely impactful. I also think, to your point about some of the names you rattled off, what do you know when you actually play the starting lineup from the Western Conference finals last year? Good things happen, it turns out, And it took a good you know, four or five months for that to become the starting lineup. But it's almost as if the thing that worked last.
Speaker 1: Year works so it would work again.
Speaker 4: Nah, Almost as if like if you have Ruy in a starting you know situation, he's going to absolutely play like a you know, championship level role player.
Speaker 1: You can play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, far be it from me to you know, try and cosplay as an NBA coach. But I feel like if something worked a few months ago and all those people are still healthy, it might be worth a try because it might work again. It's just kind of like a pretty fool proof thesis. Yeah, so yeah, do you.
Speaker 4: Think they need to like find a way to claw their way out of the play in situation or does it matter as long as as long as those guys as you just mentioned are healthy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think when you're arguably, I mean I would say, actually this year, Anthony Davis is pretty solidly their best player. But when you're there's an argument that could be made that your best player is turning forty this year. I think it's always good to play less games versus more games. I think that's just a generally good rule of thumb. That being said, Like weirdly, matchup wise, for the Lakers, I think they're some of their better matchups are going to end up towards the top of the Western Conference. As far as like who they match up well against, Like I think Thunder, like the Thunder, the Timberwolves. I think that those teams are like a lot of what the Timberwolves have been dominating based on is their size. They're huge and dominant, especially defensively, and the Lakers are one of the only teams in the West that has that size and that length to match up with them. So I feel like that's actually a good matchup for the Lakers. And then like the Thunder alternately are very small on by design, like that's kind of they're small, that's how the team is set up, and then the Lakers' size can kind of like combat that well. Also, the Lakers have a ton of playoff experience. The Thunder have no playoff experience. But then once you get into the play in and like also into like maybe what's going to end up being like the four or five six seed, you get the Phoenix Suns, you get the Warriors. You get some teams that can exploit the Lakers' weaknesses and also can do things that they can't do aka like consistently shoot well from beyond the arc.
Speaker 1: So we should mention the Warriors that the Warriors. So, Lakers and a bunch of other teams are seven and three over the last ten. The best record in the league over the last ten is Cleveland in the Eastern Conference, but a lot of teams in the West are seven and three over the last ten. You get the Wolves, got the Clippers, you got the Suns, the Pelicans, the mevs. The Lakers, But the best record in the West Golden State Warriors eight and two. They're they're starting to put some momentum together and they're coming coming. I mean, is it just Draymond being back and like kind of locked in. What do we think's going on?
Speaker 3: I think it's the same. I would say it's a very similar thing to what's transpiring for the Lakers, which is that it's an alchemy of a lot of different things starting to break, right, Like Andrew Wiggins has been playing better, Clay has been playing better, Draymond is back, which then unlocks Steph Curry. Kaminga went through a weird little phase earlier this year where he was throwing a tantrum about his minutes and that kind of created some riffs. But now he's playing better and he's getting more minutes. I also think that for both the Warriors and the Lakers, it was super impactful to have the trade deadline come and go, because I think there were a lot of guys on both of those teams that were just sort of like waiting, trembling in a corner, waiting for their names to be called, to get shipped to Detroit or like Chicago or whatever. And those guys all know their jobs are safe at least through the rest of the year. And so I think that was really impactful for both of those teams. But I think for for the Warriors as well as the Lakers, like it is like an alchemy of a bunch of things starting to click. And I just don't understand how people can watch the horror movie of like Lebron James and Stephen Curry every single playoffs since I was like in college and like what they're capable of in a postseason setting and have been writing them off in like December January. I just couldn't be me.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be me?
Speaker 4: Right, get bored if folks get bored, and they always want to, you know, move on to the next when it's like, yeah, the next. It is good to you know, represent them and the and to acknowledge them. But Lebron and you know, Lebron and stuff are not going anywhere anytimes, or at least not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We've seen this movie before.
Speaker 1: Yep, like so many times they are sitting at nine and ten, they're sitting at the very bottom of the play in.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's going to be true, but my personal opinion is that by the time the playoffs come, I would imagine that those two teams are at least maybe like seven, eight, eight, nine somewhere in They're gonna be sought. They're gonna make the play in most this is not a hot take.
Speaker 4: Most likely to be lead frogged and you know what, this is official, so we're gonna we're gonna hold you do this now. Is Sacramento and New Orleans of those teams which are most likely to be lead roged.
Speaker 3: I feel like Sacramento just does not have it together this year. There is weird because like their two best players are playing really well and have all year long. Also Malik Monk front runner for six minute the year, so it's not like their their best most impactful players aren't playing well. There's just something off about this team. And I know that it's like they don't pay you the big bucks to be like I don't know, bro vibes are just off, but like like it's just I just don't see it for them this year, So I don't. I think they'll they'll obviously make the playoffs their play in but I just don't this isn't the year that they get over the hump of the first round. I really don't believe that. And then New Orleans, I don't. I just don't trust their health. I just think they've been quite unlucky over the years with health, and for this year so far, for all intents and purposes, like relatively healthy, and they still I think are trying to figure it out. I feel like if they have anybody miss a significant amount of time down the stretch, it would be really easy for them to plummet because I think Zion, like them starting to figure out how to incorporate Zion into what they're doing down there is a huge part of their success right now. And if Zion, you know, lands funny, like God forbid on an ankle or something like that, Like, I think I could see them plummeting for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it does feel like I don't know. I'm of the mind of like, yeah, but what if not? What if Zion stays healthy?
Speaker 3: They're the most unpredictable team in the West. I think to me, like they're the team where I'm just like, I don't know what to make of this team, Like they can be really good. They also got blown out by forty points by the Lakers in Vegas for the n Season tournament and looked like a you know, a relegation team, Like their ceiling is so high and their floor is so low, and I feel like it's so hard to predict what's going to happen with them. With Dallas to your point, the third team you mentioned, I feel like the opposite for them, Like I feel like they might climb the standings because they were missing Kyrie Irving for like a really significant chunk of this season, and if they can have him healthy and Luca healthy, Like I don't think we've seen the ceiling of that team. I don't want to see that team in a playoff series if I'm anybody.
Speaker 1: They seem like they're the Lakers this year of like the team that did a few kind of smaller things through the trade deadline that are really like kind of really good.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think so I wrote a trade deadline Winners and Losers piece like it was an instant reaction to like Night of the trade deadline, and I didn't have Dallas listed under my winners, and I kind of regret that. I feel like Gafford was big for them. Like I feel like they did they did exactly right at the trade deadline, and it just wasn't like splashy, but it was meaningful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Other big news out of Lakerland, Lebron says he is fifty to fifty on whether he'll want a farewell tour. I think that I think that is a fifty four fifty, like fifty out of fifty aka or fifty plus fifty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Add it to the memes. Add it to the stack of Lebron cap memes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love Lebron. I'm like the biggest Lebron fan. I really love him. He has rightfully so cultivated a bit of a reputation as someone who maybe is prone to embellish, prone to tell a white lie here and there. I can understand like him not wanting to be like when when I'm going to retire, you'll know, and like not wanting to lock him into that because what if he gets like a horrible injury, God forbid, and it's just not worth it for him to ramp back up at four years old, so I understand like leaving room. However, health notwithstanding, there is no universe in which Lebron James is not Are you kidding me? There's no way he's not having a farewell tour. It's gonna be like the there's gonna be pyrotechnics, like this is gonna be the farewell tour to end all farewell tours.
Speaker 1: His farewell tour is going to have the Van Halen Rider where it's like, all right, I need all green eminems.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Literally, we love Lebron because he's a messy bee who lives for drama. That is part of his appeal. There's no way he's going to go quietly into the dark night like it's just not going to freaking happen.
Speaker 1: It's going to come in a lion like Katy Perry in that Super Bowl You.
Speaker 3: Heard it here first. When Lebron retires, you will know for a long time it's.
Speaker 1: It's not just gonna be like wake up, oh hey, by the way, oh Lebron retired.
Speaker 3: Wow, It's gonna be like, oh my god, And every broadcast is going to be like the last time Lebron James plays in Oklahoma, City the last time Braun takes a plane from Oklahoma City to Houston, like it's You're never gonna hear.
Speaker 1: The end of it, and I'm gonna I'm gonna drink it all.
Speaker 3: In and I'm gonna be crying all year long because I am not ready.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back, we'll talk Bucks.
Speaker 2: And we'll do the rapid fire random questioning. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And wanted to check out with the Bucks because heading into the All Star Break, they had a couple good wins. I mean the big one they played the Nuggets. They played really well. They beat the Nuggets pretty soundly. They looked good on defense. But overall, since they let Adrian Griffin go, it's been a real adjustment period. And I don't know, I mean that sometimes that happens, you know, Sometimes you need to get the new system in place, you need to get the chemistry right. Usually it doesn't last quite this long. And yeah, I'm just they are probably the team I'm most intrigued to see. Like that feels like it could be similar to what you were saying with the Pelicans. Feels like it could go in wildly different directions. I would be surprised if it like continued on this path of you know, being three and seven over the last ten, including a twenty six point loss to the Heat. I would be surprised if that keeps up. But I don't know. It could obviously because they haven't quite figured out what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a few things with the Bucks thing Number one, I think Doc has rightfully been taking a lot of heat for just his tendency to deflect his absolute reticence to accept any responsibility.
Speaker 1: Claire, I wouldn't wish this job on my worst worst enemy.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't wish a job taking over for a team that somehow has a championship xpace but also no expectations at the same time, Like, yeah, that job must suck, Like what are you talk This is the best job obviously. This isn't the beginning of him not taking a responsibility. This is like dates back to many years of his career. He literally makes it sound like the Bucks made him do this job at gunpoint, like it's crazy you were you could just say no, bro, Like you could just say no. There's like lots of other people who would have wanted this job. That being said, the Bucks are interesting to me because I think in a playoff setting, as we know, the margins of playoff games are one. It's like, do you have the guy on your side who can just make it happen when everything else breaks down, when when all the plans fall by the wayside, when the defense is breaked down, Like, do you have the guy that can just go iso and just like get you a magical shot? And Damian Allard is that guy and that's why they added him. I just don't think, like, to me, this is a team built on a very unstable foundation, which is that this man did not want to go there, and he made his desire. First of all, this man wanted to stay in Portland, Lovely. Let's be abundantly clear. What happened was he signed an extension because he planned to retire a Trailblazer, because they had promised him, like, if you sit out the rest of the season, even though you're not really injured, we're going to get a high draft pick that we can then trade to get you some help over here in Portland, and we're going to make a run of it because you just had the best year of your career. Statistically and you deserve help. Then they found out that they could get Scoot Henderson at that number three pick, and they felt like they had hit the lottery because they thought he was going to be like the next base of the Trailblazers. And they renegged on that offer, and that's when Dame demanded a trade. Understand I think understandably so, and because he had put in, you know, like he got his little plaque and like trip to Bermuda, because he'd put in, however many years with the company. He's like, I'd like to go to Miami, and they didn't send him there, And in my opinion, the package they got back for him, you know, through a multi team trade with the Bucks not much better, I don't think than what they could have gotten from Miami, at least if they had been willing to involve a third team. So this team was built on all of that baggage, all of that drama happening, and then Dame coming to Milwaukee and being like, well, I'm going to try and make the best of it. Like Johannes is great. This is like a pretty good situation all things considered. But it's not like he was like Milwaukee's where I want to be, you know, this is where I want to go. And so I feel like they got off on a weird foot. There was weird vibes from the jump because everyone knew. He made it very public that he wanted to go to not just another team, but like a rival Eastern Conference teamed to the Milwaukee Bucks. Yeah, and I also think that like his skill set, like Drew Holliday, I think is more of a two way player than Damian Lillard. I don't think that's like controversial to say. And they made a lot of changes that I think similar to the alchemy that we were talking about in these other teams. It's like a lot of things had to go right for them to be good. A few different dominoes fell or the Bucks that are putting them in a really weird spot. They hired a first time head coach at the same time as they basically like completely changed how their offense was going to revolve. It was totally Helio centric ground Yannis. Now all of a sudden, it's like you have a second superstar that it needs to revolve around too, and they put they laid that in the lap of a first year head coach who I think was just clearly in over his head. I don't think he was doing a very good job. And at the same time, you have you know, Brook Lopez starting to age and like not be able to maybe do some of the stuff that he was able to do, and the rest of the East, some of the like some of the East got a little better. So personally, like going into the season, I was really optimistic about the Bucks. I don't think they're going to like bottom out by any means. I don't think they're gonna win the championship this year. I don't think that's like super controversial to say. It's just I would I honestly take several Eastern Conference teams above them right now, even though in the standings they're higher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is why we have folks, you know, let are as bright as clear on because she eloquently put you know, put it. I'm just gonna say they're gonna do the Doc special. They'll be done in the second round. Once again, the.
Speaker 1: Second round is tricky. As a Sixers fan, I can tell you the second round is tricky. Uh, Claire, we we've got time for too rapid fires for you. Okay, this is just you don't think. You just fire it back right at us chest, past chess, pass back, be ready as ready as I'll ever be, Tobar, you want to go first, you want me to go first? Why don't you go first? Jack? All right? Greatest Lakers player ever and most underrated Lakers player of your fandom? Cool?
Speaker 3: Uh, that's such a hard question. That's like the worst rapid fire question ever. Okay, greatest Lakers player ever. Oh my god, it's like painful. I'm gonna go Kobe even though Magic Johnson's right there, my favorite Lakers player of my tenure? Are you joking? Lebron James?
Speaker 1: Like what what? And the most underrated Lakers player of your fans?
Speaker 3: Underrated? Yeahaviousbe wow, seriously, I still want case b back championship maker.
Speaker 1: That's right. Just underrated by Lakers fans Lebron.
Speaker 3: James, by the way, it's true, and I don't really identify with the Lakers fandom in that way, so I yeah, but you're right.
Speaker 4: It's not all of us, but there are some of us that are very off when it comes to being balanced when it comes to discussing the NBA.
Speaker 3: All rightusing the goat keeping it going.
Speaker 4: You said to Jack, all right, who is the most underrated NBA social media follow up? I mean not currently on this you know show with you.
Speaker 1: Right, obviously the answer would be.
Speaker 3: All three of us underrated. I think Jasmine Watkins. I don't think she's particularly underrated because, like she does have a decent amount of followers, but people like other media companies lift her content and like use her ideas constantly, so just based on like dollars and cents, I feel like she's literally underrated.
Speaker 1: Following her. So now I'm following her and now she underrated I think two times even. Yeah, yeah, that's one of the best. Well, Claire, what a pleasure having you on?
Speaker 3: What a pleasure being here semester?
Speaker 1: Where I got mat Boosti's where can people find you hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Well they can find me on Twitter at Claire mpls, c l a iri e m pls or on the Guardian Claire de Loon I write for The Guardian about the NBA, or if you want to hear me sing, you can hear my music. I go buy Tiny Deaths for my musical projects, and that's on wherever you stream music.
Speaker 1: There you go. Thank you so much for doing it. Jabari, where can they find you at, Jabari Davis NBA. Pretty simple, I'm at Jack Underscore O'Brien and you can look for hashtag mat Boosties or updates on the show. Shout out to listener Gritzy Ross, who is booking doing the booking for us. Reached out to Josh Donovan said please go back on Hashtag mat Boosties. He said absolutely not, that show is amateur. No, he said, I'd go back anytime I had such a good.
Speaker 3: Human that's ever existed. I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Let you go, folks.
Speaker 1: He let him know. We said hi and thank you for doing it. Claire. We are back next week with more mad Boosties and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye