Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody, you know, if.
Speaker 2: You don't lie about that.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, y'all, what's up. It's Laura Rosa and this is the latest with Laura Rosa.
Speaker 1: This is your Deli Dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, checking behind the scenes of the grind. I told you guys a bit about what I was experiencing with my grandmother and some health things and just the feeling of like being you know, older and watching the people you love get older as you.
Speaker 3: Care for them.
Speaker 1: We have finally convinced my grandmother to you know, do the things that she does not like to do, which is get the skins and you know all of that. But I just I know from a previous experience with her that things are just not some something's going on. So we've convinced her to do that. Things are moving. She's going to get the care that she needs. So I'm in a much better space about it. But let me tell you, guys something. Trying to convince an a seven year old black woman who'll still do what she wants say what she wants, go when it where she want to go and do, and sit down and let people pin and.
Speaker 3: Poke and all that at her.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: That is harder than trying to break a story on any given day of the year. Okay, that has been my life's submission for these last twenty four forty eight hours. But I was successful at it, so you know, Mark, she gonna be good. So we will keep you guys updated on that. So you know, yeah, I've been able to just kind of clear my head a little bit within the last This has only been an update within the last like I would say, three to six hours that she agreed to these things and she's you know, getting the proper care now. But it just puts me in a lot better of a space knowing that we're being proactive a bit, even though a bit reactive and not fully you know, reactive, because you know, matters of the heart and just matters of health in general when you get to a certain age are just very different, very different, a lot more sensitive. So yes, we'll keep you guys updated. But I an't able to breathe a bit, so I wanted to get into something that is breaking right now in the latest so giving you guys the latest right now box with Jironte Tank Davis, who was facing new domestic violence allegations out of Miami. So some time ago, it was back in November, Gironte Tank Davis was supposed to fight YouTuber Jake Paul. This was a huge fight for Netflix, it was a whole thing. Then randomly the fight was canceled. So we found out, reached out and did this via the Breakfast Club that the fight was canceled and Netflix had actually had a few different reasons then, and we talked about it a bit here on the podcast Why Things We're not going to move forward. So at the time I had actually posted this story back on November fourth, twenty twenty five, the source that I had familiar with the Netflix situation told me that there are several different reasons they were allegend that the fight wouldn't move forward. They said, number one, Javonte Tank Davis was horrible to work with. They alleged that Javonte Tank Davis was horrible at being on time.
Speaker 3: He was late on the time.
Speaker 1: They also alleged that Gavonte Tank Davis wouldn't promote the fight in the way that they needed.
Speaker 3: Him to they alleged he was spoiled.
Speaker 1: But most importantly, I was told that Netflix, you know what, scrapped the fight in some of their countdown content that was planned to air the weekly up to the fight because there have been a video from an alleged incident at Club Tatise in Miami. Now, the alleged incident that I'm referring to is what police today, you know, some months later, on January fourteenth, twenty twenty six, have issued an arrest warrant for Javonte Tank Davis over and police in a press conference today in Miami said that they use that video that I told you guys existed to be able to confirm the victim's accounts. The alleged victim's accounts of what she claimed happened. Let's take a listen to police. A they had a press conference today down in Miami.
Speaker 3: Guards. Let's take a listen to.
Speaker 5: Themcober twenty nine, twenty twenty five, at two fifteen pm, the victim entered the Miami Gardens Police Department, accompanied by her attorney, to report an incident that occurred on October twenty seven, twenty twenty five. At the time of the incident. The victim was employed at a local gentlemen's club located within the city of Miami Gardens. According to the victim's statement, at approximately four to fifteen am, while working, she was approached by mister Davis. The victim was approached by mister Davis. The victim reported that mister Davis grabbed her by her back of her head, coiling her by her hair with one hand and by her throat with the other. He forcefully escorted her down ea stairway and toward the parking garage while maintaining his grip on the back of her head. Upon reaching the parking garage, the victim reported that mister Davis released her, at which point she was able to run towards her coworkers for safety. The victim reported substaining minor injuries, including visible bruising to her left arm at the time the report was made, and she sought medical attention. The victim further reported that she has known mister Davis since twenty twenty two and they were previously involved in an intimate relationship for approximately five months, which ended about a month prior to the incident. She stated she had blocked all forms of communication or mister Davis after the relationship ended. During the course of the investigation, Lee Detective Gary Florencio obtained and reviewed video surveillance footage that coroborates key elements of the victim's statement. As a result of the diligent and hard work of our Special Victims Unit and arrest warrant has been issued for Javonte Bryant Davis on the falling charges battery, false imprisonment, and attempted kidnapping. The investigation determined that mister Davis used forced to restrain and attempt to remove the victim from the location against her will. The victim was only able to escape when mister Davis released his hold to retrieve his vehicle. At this time, the Miami Gardens Police Department is actively working with the United States Marshals Fugitive Task Force to locate and apprehend mister Davis.
Speaker 1: So the warrant has been issued on charges including false imprisonment, battery, attempted kidnapping based on the victim's account. So, yeah, this news conference went down today in the Executive Officer Miami Gardens Police Department. Executive Officer Emmanuel Emmanuel Gentti is who you heard from and he also mentioned during this press conference that their team is working with US Marshall's Future of Task Force to find Davis. I did reach out to Javonte Tank Davis's team to see if he plans to turn himself in, when that would happen, What does that look like?
Speaker 3: Is that even a thing like basically.
Speaker 1: Anything, any statement in anything that they can say at this point, and at this time I was told that there's no comment.
Speaker 3: So not for sure what's happening, but what we will see happen.
Speaker 1: Of course, he will have to turn himself in on these charges, and you know, I mean he'll This is sadly not the first time that you know, he's been through some things with the law. So I'm sure he will have an attorney with him and we'll hear from him shortly and probably through that attorney and through the legal process.
Speaker 3: But it's just sad to see.
Speaker 1: Because you know, I'm from Delaware, you know, so you have the whole DMV area, which is you know, DC, Maryland, Virginia. Then you have the Philly Jersey, New York region. In Delaware, I feel like we sit kind of in the middle of that. So with Javonte Tank Davis being from Baltimore and me living and growing up where I grew up. We've watched Jervontae Tank Davis build his career from nothing, and I've gone to his fights.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Where I'm from, and you know, Baltimore, DC, Maryland, everybody the people come out for Davonte Tink Davis so much. Number one, because it's really good at his craft and his skill when he's applying himself to the right things right when he's in that ring. But also there is an attachment to his career over all this time because we've been able to watch him grow from nothing to where he is now. The issue though, that keeps coming back up and keeps surfacing with Javon say Tank Davis, his actions. It's very sad to see someone you know, with all this opportunity in their hands. We've been who's been able to make a life for themselves and the people around them lose you know a lot of credibility, you know, public support and I'm sure money at this point behind you know, actions, some proven, some alleged, you know what I mean. So I don't know, we mean at this point in time of things like this, you just wait like I said, he'll be turning himself in on these charges. I'm sure there'll be statements from his attorneys, if not directly to the media. Probably so though, but if not, it'll come out when there's you know, the arraignment and you know the court proceedings as well too, which we guys, which you guys know. We'll keep you updated on the latest within that story, within this story, but at this point in time, there's nothing more to report but the fact that, you know, what I'd reported about there being a video following the incident at Mssitsis has been cooborated by police who have actually seen the video.
Speaker 3: I have not seen the video.
Speaker 1: I was just told that it exists and that it showed everything what I was told that. What I was told was that allegedly it was footage like security footage from the venue where they were at, you know, which captured everything. So yeah, we'll keep you updated there as there are any up dates. Now, speaking of updates, let me tell you guys one thing. This is an update that I have been waiting on. So Nini Leaks in the latest the latest with our girl, Nini Leaks, formerly of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Honey, that is the house that Nini built. Today, it was confirmed that Nini Leaks will be returning to working like the Bible in the Housewives franchise. Now, to be clear, Nie Leeks is not returning as like a housewife on the Real Housewives of Atlanta, but she is returning to a specialty show that they have happening.
Speaker 2: I'm just don't go on, excited to do this.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to see all of you girls. It's gonna be a time. It's going to be a time. Yes, bitches, I am good. Okay, now pick your faces up off the floor.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now this comes years after her exit.
Speaker 1: If you guys remember the decline of Niemi Leeks and Bravo, it was so sad to watch because we all know that that show is not the same without Nini. I love my OG girls. I love Porscha, I love Candy, I love I love Kenya. You know Kenya Moore hair care. Okay, the og Girls when they're together, Citia Bailey, when they are together, it is magic.
Speaker 3: It is you know.
Speaker 1: Kim is nothing like what we've ever seen before in reality TV. And I feel like that era of reality TV, the feeling of it just doesn't exist anymore. You got a little bit of it with Potomac, And you know, I've heard other franchises are doing well too, uh you know, I know Beverly Hill, shout out to Bosema, Saint John. It's also on the radar as well. But Real Housewives of Atlanta, honey, those girls wrote the book. In the book itself was created by Nini Leaks, and the girls wrote in it. So the sea her, you know, getting to a point where she didn't even want to film. By the end of her time at Bravo, she was barely in scenes.
Speaker 3: When she was there, she was not participating. There was a lot going on.
Speaker 1: You know, Nini had alleged that there was racial discrimination from Bravo and Andy Cohen and opportunities that she believed should have been hers on the table.
Speaker 3: Then there was that.
Speaker 1: Whole lawsuit that happened, and then there was an alleged settlement, which we really.
Speaker 3: Don't know the details of.
Speaker 1: But following all of that, production sources rerebualed because let me say this, about two months ago there was a rumor that Niini Leaks was going to be returning.
Speaker 3: To Housewives, and I tried.
Speaker 1: My heart is because with a lot of these like Real Housewives things, there are certain fan pages that once these rumors start, if it comes from certain people with certain fan pages, and I'm a girl that's locked into the Real Housewives.
Speaker 3: Okay, this was my beat when Niini Leaks was on this show.
Speaker 1: A lot of it is believable at least worth asking about.
Speaker 2: So I had DM.
Speaker 1: Niini back in December, so IDM need on December eighteenth, she did not respond. I also reached out to reps for her team, who did not respond to the song either. And I said, because there was a rumor that she was in talks to make a Bravo return after the lawsuit, all the things that we just talked about. And I said to Nini, I said, is this a Housewives return? Because just Bravo is anything. Because here's here's the thing. Nini Leaks had worked with the network NBC following all of this you know stuff. But to have her back in the seat with Bravo and all that, that's a different conversation. So I said to her, is this just a Housewives return? Because just Bravo in quotation marks, is anything. We need you back on Housewives or with your own reality show, will it be something like that question mark? She did not respond. TMZ then did a story confirming that the return was actually happening on January thirteenth. So production sources tell TMC that The Real Housewives of Atlanta alum Ninni Leeks will appear on Bravo's newly announced working title series, The Real Housewives Ultimate Role Trip, which Andy Cohen announced during Bravo Con. While the series was announced, no cast members were named. The source continues to tell TMZ that Nini, who departed Real Housewives of Atlanta after season twelve back in twenty twenty. Oh my god, it's been so long since I seen my girl on the screen with them, will not be a.
Speaker 3: Full time cast member.
Speaker 1: Will not be a full time cast member, but will but will have a notable presence when the show makes its way to Atlanta. We're told she will appear only during the Atlanta leg of the trip. The source continues to say that the series will also feature numerous camuos from the Housewives across multiple franchises, with different women appearing in various roles in each city along the girls Trip. The new series is the latest evolution of Ultimate Girls Trip following a fan favorite, which, yeah, this show. People love when the girl all get together across the franchises and do these type of shows. So this is a great return for Nini And even though she's not going to have a huge, huge role, we know, honey, give my girl, Ninny leaks about five seconds she is the show.
Speaker 3: But also too, I.
Speaker 1: Think it just marks and it shows that Ninni Leeks, Bravo and Andy Cohen are in a really good space, which could mean anything in the near future. And she's said multiple times, you know, in the recent years, within probably like the last year or two, that she's not in a bad place with Andy Cohen, and you know he's echoed some of the same things. But I know when they did the Reality TV Awards, what were those called?
Speaker 3: Let me look up the exact name.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was Bravo Khan twenty twenty five and Candy Burrs won the Wifetime Achievement Award and gave like a very touch and speech. She was joined on stage by Cynthia Bailey and her daughter Riley, and you know, all of the girls that we know and love were in the audience. So it was a good moment to see because I feel like the girls of Atlanta deserve so much from this franchise. The og girls Atlanta deserve so much. Let's take a listen to uh No. Before we take a listen to Candy Birsu's speech, Let's say, listen to Nimi Leaks speaking to Carlos King on Reality with the King. Hey, Carlos, who's also here on the Black Effect podcast network, because she was talking to Carlos about the fact that fans were upset, people were really upset to number one, not see Nini at this award show into number two, not see her mentioned or honored in a way in what she deserves because a lot of the girl like this was all about giving the girls are flowers. And you can't talk about Real Housewives Atlanta, And honestly, I'm gonna go ahead and say you can't talk about Real Housewives in general without talking about Niini Leaks. She carried that franchise, not just the Atlanta leg of it either, on her back.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's take a listen to Niini talking to Carlos King.
Speaker 4: I personally think it is impossible to erase something.
Speaker 2: This kind of legacy. It's impossible.
Speaker 4: I mean, we can pretend like I wasn't there day one, but I will be one and the only one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was day one and so were you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was day one, And listen, I'm not saying that the other girls don't deserve to be applauded.
Speaker 2: H they do.
Speaker 4: Everybody put work in, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I was day one and that's just what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so they were celebrating a lot of people who came after me, and but that's okay.
Speaker 6: Andy revealed that you and him have been texting. You know, he was asked about you say obviously whatever you feel comfortable saying, but you two have been texting, according to him. If so, do you want to share what I've been testing about or how do you guys came to that?
Speaker 4: Well, we haven't text about my return or me doing anything. Most of you guys know that my son was sick, and so he was texting me about my son being sick. Okay, Yeah, which was very nice gesture and a very nice text message.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we've text.
Speaker 4: Before that though, we actually text months before that. So you know, listen, I mean, everybody want to ask me about you know, Andy and I I'm not holding any grudges over here. I'm also not that kind of person though. I'm not saying that you can do anything to me, and I can forgive you. But I'm definitely the kind of person who doesn't hold grudges forever.
Speaker 2: To me, that takes a lot of inner I'm just not into it.
Speaker 4: Everybody moves on when they feel they need to move on, So I feel like I've yield from the situation.
Speaker 2: So I'm in a good place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I know personally you are in a good place. Are you in a good place to where you want to return to the Real Housewives of Atlanta at some point?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know what that would look like with Niini leaves returning to the Real Housewives.
Speaker 2: They don't know why. I just know this. I know that I have a story.
Speaker 4: I don't think that the fans have really seen or heard from me since a lot of things have happened in my life.
Speaker 2: So I definitely have a story and I have always had.
Speaker 1: And it was good to hear that Nini wasn't bothered and that things are in a better place and that you know, people are having conversations. But I've always felt like Niani Leaks deserved a lot more.
Speaker 3: Always felt like that, And I don't know a person who would disagree with me.
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest with you, I don't know a person who would disagree with me about that. Now, let's say a listen to Candy Birds that she accepts her awards speaking to the girls of Atlanta.
Speaker 7: When I first joined all Right, Joey, I thought, okay, cool. You know I've already been famous before.
Speaker 3: I already want to grab me some What is.
Speaker 5: This gonna do?
Speaker 7: I was like, maybe it'll be something cute to do for a little while. And little did I know, Bravo was gonna have me crying, laughing, arguing, singing, reading bitches, and collecting more checks that I.
Speaker 3: Did not expect.
Speaker 7: But the real MVPs are the Bravo fans, y'all are my candy coded click for real? I thought I was gonna be gone from the Bravo verse, But then the torch passed to my daughter, Rady. You took the torch, lit it on fire, and brought that Burris heat to a whole new franchise, and I'm here for it. And Andy It means so much that our relationship is bigger than the show. Our random texts and check ins mean a lot to me now more than ever, and to every woman I ever filmed our howay with? I see some of y'all here tonight, the good, the bad, the shade, the reeds, the last, the tears.
Speaker 6: We made history together.
Speaker 7: Well, even though I moved on, I will always cherish my time as a housewife. I will always represent our Bravo family because I'm worldwide, and I will always be embedded in your mother fing brain bitch. Thank you Bravo.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited for this return.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys are as big of a housewives sin and honestly I'm more I watch, you know, Beverly Hills because of Bozman, Saint John and Garcel, and I do, like, you know, I'm like some of the girls there, But y'all know me I am. If you got my if you got my girls on there, honey, if the black women are pushing through, I'm supporting it.
Speaker 3: But Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: That probably was the only franchise from Real Housewives that like I lived by I.
Speaker 3: Mean every second, every moment. It just hasn't been the same.
Speaker 1: I did start turning the backyard once Portia Williams, you know, return back to the show. I feel like she brought it as well, and I'll turn back in this upcoming season.
Speaker 3: As well too.
Speaker 1: But I hope that this means that we're going to see me in other regards when it comes to Rabo, and this won't be the last.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura l Rosa. This is the latest with Laura l Rosa.
Speaker 1: I tell you, guys, every episode, y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about all of the things, but you guys choose me right here with me every episode, my Lowriders.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you for that. I'll catch you guys in my next one.