Speaker 1: Start up, dot up, start up, Brooklyn Boy, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, dot up, dot up. They making noise dot up, start up, dot.
Speaker 2: Up up, dot us dot up, Episode two sixty nine. It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Hello, Hello, I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good for sixty nine. Don't you what about two sixty nine? You need two for sixty nine? Don't you you need two for sixty nine? I love it, the perfect episode, but not between us. It's like, uh, you know, it's the old bingo joke, oh sixty nine, and everyone's supposed to make some kind of a noise because you know, oh, it's like an orgasm, like, oh sixty nine? Oh is that what the ohs? In the moment, you knew that, Thanks for you knew that already. While somebod was speaking of explaining things, Uh, Scary, UH did something for my daughter, Uh said something up and she's gonna get a call from this company for delivery. And so he says to me, you might want to tell your daughter to answer the phone. You know, kids these days don't answer phones. It's true, unknown numbers. I love that Scary is telling me that what the kids these days do when I have three kids who do that, and he has none. I was just reminding you because how many kids do you call and they don't answer your phone call? Scary well none. But I'm saying, oh, but but if you really, if you think about it, let's pull it back for a second. That's a problem. You know, a lot of people will miss calls, important calls from things or deliveries or things they're expecting. Like, so this company's gonna, you know, make that phone call. I can already see what's gonna happen. She's gonna look at her phone, She's like, unknown number. I'm not answering that shit. And then she's gonna miss it, and she's gonna miss her delivery window, and then all hell will break loose, and then you're gonna be on the phone with the company trying to get free dessert. Because I already know that that's how it goes. So I'm just saying, tell your daughter, stop being like so afraid of the unknown. Answer the phone, answer it, and what you used to saying, what I don't need you to tell me about the kids. These days, I actually have the kids.
Speaker 3: These days.
Speaker 2: I get it the phone. She knows I'm frustrated by the fact that people are you know, shortly, you know, you know, I'll say this a lot of times. People will uh talk to the radio station, right. They will be like, hey, call me back, I want to get get this comment on the air. I want to do this, I want to do that. And then we call from an unknown number and then they don't answer the phone. And then and they're like, well, I missed your call. You remember that ship it goes it goes on all the time because no one under on Facebook. Yeah, And I was like, oh, call me, call me later, call me now, and you know, I'll call them back. And they go, oh, I didn't answer the phone and reckon as a number. You just told me to call you. Well, I didn't know it was you. Well you knew it was me because you knew that you were expecting a phone call. Process of elimination, right, And what's the harm answer the phone. You're kind of sure it might be me. You told me to call you, you gave me your number, right, And then you're like, oh, I didn't answer the phone. It's no no number, no number you just told me to call, And I have to tell them the number I'm calling. From or say, I'm that's me calling now right. People are weird. Yeah, just answer to the phone. Who cares? I mean, I can answer in the phone. People are afraid of it. Yeah. I got a story happened to me about an hour ago. I get a phone call and they said hello. I said hello. They said, yes, this is blah blah blah storage self storage. Yeah. Uh so we're just calling to let you know that you are more than ninety days past due, and if we don't receive payment within another thirty days, we're going to take ownership of your the belongings and your storage unit and we're gonna auction them off for something that old gag. No, No, it was legit. I have like a caller idea on my phone proof Verizon and so it shows me who's calling. That could be a spoof, you know, they spoof numbers all the time and write different company names. Then then you get that on your caller ID display. That's how we used to do phone taps. Yes, I yep, yes I know. But the woman didn't sound like a scammer, sound like a woman in her sixties. That sounded legit. Not that women don't scam in their sixties, but it sounded like a legitimate call, so I said, I'm sorry, aren't you talking about sir? We've called you three times and you know, to remind you to make payment, and you know your past two We're going to confiscate the contents of your storage unit. And I said, well that's great, but I don't have a storage unit, sir. You do have a storage unit, you have a ten by twenty unit with us, And I said, nope, not doing it, not paying it. I don't know who you are, sir. We've called you before. This is the fourth call according to our records. If you if you're claiming you don't have a storage unit with us, then we're going to take ownership of your of your the contents. And I said who do you think you're calling and she said Erica whatever the last name was. And I said, well, this isn't Eric, sir. We call this number before we know that it's Eric. Blah blah blah. And I said, okay, again, I don't know what you calling, but go ahead and take all my stuff, go ahead and sell it if you want, but I'm not Eric. All right, sir, We'll be in touch. So she didn't even believe me that it wasn't me, because allegedly she's called this number before and spoken to Eric and Eric's not paying. Well, that's why Eric's not paying, because they're not calling Eric, they're calling me. She would not believe me. I said, my name's David. You don't recognize my voice from the radio. Well, speaking of you know, scams and phone calls like that and taking over. Do you see what's going on in Vegas with MGM and Caesar's the big casinos? Holy shit, a couple of young hackers. They're saying they may be Russian. It's called scattered Spider. They are bringing MGM to its knees the entire all. Think of all the casinos and hotels that MGM owns, including the Borgada in the Atlantic City, but like all like the Aria, the Vedera, the Park, MGM or all the ones, A lot of hotels, people, a lot of hotels. Yeah, okay, they they took over and they shut down the fucking like almost like the electricity or whatever. When I say electricity, their their systems so no one could get into their rooms because it's all who's shut down? Why be specific? The hackers hacked into their system. Hackers literally shut down MGM, like all the slot machines are out on all in all their casinos. You can't hack them to me. You can't check in or out online or take credit card information. All the doors are you know, how you wave the key at the door or that system is fucked. They there now have to check people in and out and have to stand on a line to get in and out of these casinos with paperwork, old school, and give physical keys to these doors. This is going on. They're gonna lose billions of dollars because of this, all because these hackers want ransom and they want a crazy amount of money and MGM said, I ain't We're not paying you. Google it. It's out there right now. And there's another article that says that it only took ten minutes for this group to just take over the fucking casinos systems. To shut it down. They basically called the help desk. They looked up on LinkedIn an employee of MGM whatever or some unsuspecting victim. They somehow called in as the employee the help desk, who I forgot my pass code or some bullshit, and they gave them carte blanche. The help desk gave them car blunch into the MGM system. Took them ten minutes, so they got all this malware that's running. That's it's a huge cyber outage. So this is like Ocean's fourteen. It's it's insane that this is happening. And you know this isn't like this is just the beginning of it. There is. Are you saying you're not there to see it? Well, funny you should say that, brody, because where am I going next week? I know that's what I'm saying. You're going to Vegas next week? Or am I at the MGM?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 2: Or am I? I mean they're gonna have They said this could be into the scene to the iHeartRadio Music Fast. I am Oh, so is it the Is it at the MGM? Yes? Oh? And all their property is going well imagine they shut it down next week. During the show, they're saying that as of right now, things are really like crazy over there. Because I'm just looking through the Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Cosmo politics, I mean these are MGM has a huge portfolio. It's pretty much the fountain still working at the Bollaggio. I would imagine they're not half a Vegas is fucked right now. Well it's legal there, I'm that was a prostitution joke. You missed it. So, but they're making things terrible for travelers people trying to, you know, get basic services from these All the restaurants are closed. From what I understand, Well, you can't pay blackmail. But I'm wondering what the price of the hackers. What the heck I'm trying to look for that right now at this point. If I wanted, like, let's say they wanted one hundred million, right at this point, ask for ten million, I'm sure MGM would pay ten million. Here's a tweet all Alpha VI whatever ransomware group you know the hackers did to compromise MGM Resorts was hop on LinkedIn, find it employed, then call the help desk. A company valued at thirty three billion, nine hundred million dollars was defeated by a ten minute phone conversation. That's all I understand. What did they have to do with LinkedIn? Why couldn't they just call the help desk because they had to get the name of they had to pretend they were an employee of MGM. Oh I claim that, yes, they were imitating an employee. It's brilliant. So it's like, it's crazy, and that's how it started. And this has been going on Brody for like four or five days, and no one's talking about it in the news. I'm like, where's where's the stories with the headlines? Because he didn't talk about on the morning show. We mentioned it, but I don't see any coverage anywhere. It's crazy to me though, that this could be happening, and that this is the these are the attacks of the future. And these kids are like like nineteen years old, demanding millions of dollars and I love who they know who they are. They said they're between nineteen and twenty two years old. I mean, I know, I don't mean to laugh, but no. Meanwhile, the kids in our country are playing grand theft auto and these other kids are blackmailing big million dollar, billion dollar companies. They should still go get a job.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: You imagine you go to you know, you go downstairs for a soda or something from your room, and then all of a sudden, you go back and allos in your key cards are not working, Like, how am I getting underwear? And he times that by about five thousand. Imagine you got a hooker in the room and she's charging you by the minute, and now you got to go get keys, and the lines must be out out the fucking door to get anything done because you have to do it by manual. I mean, remember, Brooke, is there somebody manually rolling the slot machine? Uh? Yeah, I think it's a like I think it's it's a hamster running on a wheel. Yeah. If you could hack into the casinos, and I'm not saying you should, but I would rather find a way to hack a hack into the slot machines and make them all pay out well, like they did in an Ocean movie Ocean thirteen or twelve, whichever one. Waste these spoiler No, but the slot machines are all down. They can't even use them. I guess you could still play craps, right, because you have the dice. I would imagine that the card games are still going. What about the lights if they have no power? They have no lights? Well they have it's a cyberte. I don't know to what extent they're on generators. I don't know. I don't know the full information out there, but I just know it's very difficult. Poor bastards. All right, hey, speaking of pranks, have you seen it's going around? And I'm gonna blow the lid off of Oh do Jerky boys? That duo Mike Rizzo and come o No the Jet Blue customer service alleged Jet Blue customer service call. So it's all over TikTok, and I imagine it's gonna be all over Instagram. This woman, who sounds like she's not in on the scam, had a problem where her kid was on a flight by himself and the kid landed in another city. But Jet Blue has a service where they escort your children. You're allowed to put your children on the plane, you pay extra, and then they take care of your kid for you. It's a concierge service or whatever. So allegedly the kid landed in a different city and she was calling Jet Blue, you know, to get a credit or some kind of to complain a little bit nicely, but say like, listen, you should compensate me. You flew my kid to the wrong city, right. Well, the audio she taped the call, allegedly, this audio of it talking to the guy allegedly from Jet Blue, who never says he's from Jet Blue. She says. She asks him, but he says, yes, we're taping the call, but he doesn't specifically say I'm Jet Blue. Anyway, the guy's British and he's really nasty to her. So she's like, yeah, you know, my son was flown to another city. He's like, so, what are you looking for? A handout?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 2: Why don't you get a real jobstead of smoking crack? Like he's like what she's like, and then he's like he gets racially offensive to her and he calls her a bad parent. But you know, he did prank phone calls, you know, when we were doing phone taps. Sure you would poke the bear, right. The woman would say, like, my kid was on another flight. You go, well, you know, maybe if you're a better parent, you don't come out and call her a woman a cunt, right, pardon my language. This guy was like, well, you know, maybe you shouldn't be smoking crack on the corner like he was. He went from like zero to sixty immediately, so it didn't sound real to me. Then I remembered, and again everyone is commenting how how awful jet Blue should fire this guy. Jet Blue should and everyone's tagging jet Blue. There's no way in hell. This guy works for jet Blue. Right, then I remembered the British accent and the guy's name is Ron. Then it reminded me I told you guys, uh July June, June of twenty one. I'm pretty sure I know who it was who did it on our morning show. But somebody had that guy, the same guy try to prank me over fireworks that I bought at Walmart and he claimed to be calling from Walmart customer service. Right, it's the same guy, the same guy who went from zero to sixty on me and was so over the top. I called I told you, I called him out and I'm like, listen, if you're a prank phone caller, you're not very good at it. He's like, oh, fuck you your cocksuckering, And I was like, listen, I'm a professional prank phone caller. This is not how you do it. You don't. You don't if someone doesn't say hi, how are you, and you go fuck you bitch? Right, you have to sound believably obnoxious, yeah, not like attack them, like so everybody's attacking jet Blue. And I posted that I knew it was this guy, and other people did. Other people are now reporting him to jet Blue, trying to get him now in trouble with jet Blue for pretending to be them, because they're taking a real hit because so many people think it's really a Jet Blue employee. And now I would be wouldn't be surprised if jet Blue sues the guy, Which is why when we made prank call Scary, we don't ever say we're the company that we say they're from. No, like we added that out. We don't know. Earlier I made a joke about the hot new prank about the jury. I mentioned the Jerky Boys. But if you think about it and you go back to those tapes from the nineties or whatever that was eighties, they did a lot of that. They got on the phone and they got really obnoxiously belligerent with people like the pizza guy, your fucking beazz of socks, you know, like like they they were like, that's that's not now that I think about it, that really wasn't very clever. No, you know, now that doesn't take it was it was. It was big for its time. I have to be honest with you. And going back and listening to the Jerky Boys now as a professional prank phone call they weren't very well done. To go from zero to one hundred is not there's nothing funny about that. For the Saury Boys did it when people didn't expect it, right. I think this guy is so over the top and it's like, yeah, I mean he said things that would just it doesn't sound real to me. But everyone listening was like, I can't believe this guy works with jet Blue. They should, they should sue jet Blue. I'm not a fly jet Blue again, And I'm like, if I'm jet Blue, I got my lawyers on the phone with this guy. Absolutely the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 5: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: So yesterday you and I were supposed to do this podcast. Today is Friday. Yep, you were supposed to do it with me yesterday. Yes. I was called me and you said, I can't do the podcast today. My friends are holding me hostage and they were and I said, so, I said, oh, can't wait to see the videos of you and your friends eating food later, and lo and behold there were videos of you eating food later. So explain to me this hostage you had taken where you you know, was it the Russian hackers who took your hostage? So explain to me, how are you being held hostage? Well, I got to say, first of all, if you're going somewhere, drive yourself, don't rely on others. I made the terrible mistake of jumping in the back of my buddy's ride because I don't want no scrubs the passenger's side of my best friends are and he was like, like, let's go to lunch. We're gonna go to Houston's Hop in the carl get you at one fifteen. Great. Then I knew that we were going to podcast later in the day. Well, next thing you know, I'm in the back seat. Falco's in the front seat and Jetski Brian is driving, and we're going there. We have a nice little meal, but now, oh, we gotta have pre drinks, so we have a pre drink cocktail. And then oh, they want to do a bottle of a bottle of wine. I'm like, wait a second, we're having lunch. I'm eating like roast beef, right, Why don't need wine? Nope, gotta have a bottle of wine. You're eating roast beef. I get it. So we're doing roast beef and wine now, and then oh, what do you got for a little post drink cocktail. Oh, well, you know what, we need some cappuccinos and some espressos and maybe a piece of that homemade Keey lime pie. So our you know, brief what's supposed to be a brief lunch turns into a two and a half hour extravaganza at Houston's. So now I'm thinking, all right, get back in the car. We're on our way back. Oh, we just passed Denvo Denovo on the waterfront. Falcon's like, come on, stop in for a drink. I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold we're on We're yeah, we're in the direction of going home. Why are we stopping. It's a nice afternoon, Come on, scary, We'll sit outside of the patio. I'm like, okay, now it's a late afternoon. So now we're drinking gropa and cordials and freaking kgnak and whatever. And we're sitting there sipping and I'm looking at these guys and I'm like, this, dude, you're being held hostage. So how are you drinking with your hands tied behind your back and you're blindfolded. I because I'm far away from home and I'm not in my own car, so I'm not in charge of my own destiny or my time management. At that point, I have allowed myself to be put in the hands of a retired cop who's got nothing but time on his hands, and a guy who owns his own business that runs itself, jets Keep Bryan. So the two of them are sitting there and they're having some laughs. We were going to go in for one drink. That's never a thing. Three rounds later, it's now like six o'clock. I'm like, dude, I'm missing my window here to do my podcast. All right, let's continue on. We're on the way home. Next thing, you know, Nope, gotta stop off at Blue on the Hudson got a Blue new restaurant bar because it was on the way. And I'm like, guys, are they all paying you for these benchons? By the way, No, it's now seven o'clock and I've spent the entire day, which started out as a one fifteen lunch at the fast casual Houston's, has turned into this debacle. And I missed my mark and I didn't even go into Blue Blue. I said, guys, I'm out. I said, I'm taking I had to take an uber the rest of the way home. Oh poor bastard. So, yeah, that's what happened to me, Brody, if you really must know. So, I'm sorry I missed. My friends are holding me hostage. I can't I can't do the podcast. But I was now hostage if I was driving hostage video, I was waiting for the you know, the hands tied behind your back, reading what they tell you to say. Hi, I'm scary Jones. Please pay the ransom and I won't be harmed. Please help me, help me get me out of here. Meanwhile, you're at a restaurant, you're at a bar, you at another bar, you're at a strip club. But I wasn't driving. See if I, if I drove that day, then we would have been there and back, we would have done our podcast. So who was don't tell me who was driving, because whoever was driving had three and a half rounds of drinks minimum. So I'm not like, well that's the driver, No, that's driving. No, Well, hold on a second, were you on a jet ski? They were? No? No, Brian, Brian Actually, so facul did the drinking. Brian did the driving. There was again, okay, we and there was a lot of time that elapsed between between destinations. And see that's also part of the problem. They like to stretch things out. Sure, so whatever, So you could have not drank also, right, because you had to work and no, but I drank because I was sitting there on bored. What am I gonna do? Yeah? What are you gonna do? Your hands were tied so to speak, so to speak, because you're hostages. Hey, speaking of a jet ski Brian. You know the slices And I always rib you about your friends with nicknames. You took a picture wishing a happy birthday to Steve the Realtor. Oh, yes, Steve the Realtor. That's his Instagram handle too. Yeah, but do you call him that? Yes, we all call him another Scary Jones guy with a job named He's Steve the realtor. He's realtor Steve. He's the best. Right now, if you become friends with another realtor Steve who's not white, would that guy become like Hispanic Steve the realtor or Steve the Hispanic realtor? How would that work? You asked something else. I'm just curious. I don't know, I'm just curious, all right. I wanted to tell you a little bit about the wedding, the recap woll the wedding where you were bribing the account executives for more clients. Vinie and Amanda got married Vermanda, Vermanda or yes they got married and yeah, Ermanda Vamanda. They got married over the last week last week and it was in Montalk, beautiful mont Talk. That's all the way out of Long Island. At the very end of it's like the Hampton's, but past the Hampton's, it's like the end. It takes forever to get out there. It's on cliff right. Well they got that. No, really, I mean there's a lighthouse. It's called the End because it's actually the eastern most point in the United States, I believe, is that lighthouse. If I'm not mistaken, I don't know if Florida sticks out like that, I think it is. The most easternmost point in the United States is the Montauk Lighthouse. And that's it. That's the end of the earth. After beyond that is uh actually, no, I don't know. That's not the most eastern. I think Maine is. Sorry forgot about those states up there. Sorry New England. I just offended you. Yeah, it's it's West Quaddie uh in lou Bec, Maine to one point, but it's very east. For it's pretty damn east anyway. Yeah, but it's not even close to being as far as In fact, Connecticut and Rhode Island and Massachusetts are all further east and Maine then. But anyway, so the party itself was banging. You know, I didn't realize. We have a guy. His name is Ray. Ray Is used to be a sales dude. He's now a big corporate guy at the company. That guy's got skills as a DJ. He moonlights as a DJ, and he's got a whole mobile DJ company. Ray Ta Haita our friend back in the day, back in the day, Ray, back in the day. Ray he he So he was hired to be the DJ and MC. He's got the company. The guy can mix. The guy knows all the songs to play and keep the dance floor going. And he candemc. So you want to talk about putting on you know, a suit by day and like club guy by night. This guy's got it all. And and I will say this and I've and I'll stand by it for anyone planning a wedding the DJ or entertainment makes the party. That and the food. I've said this before, the food. People always remember the food and the entertainment because remember Greg T's wedding, how shitty that was. Well, the food was great, the plant palm was fantastic, but the wed Nope. But the entertainment sucked. That band was awful. It was a terrible best and he even he'll he'll admit that you could it was great though, so so always pay most attention when you're booking these parties. Pay most attention to the DJ to make sure that they or the band make sure it's a good one.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And they know what they're doing, and they know they know how to keep a dance floor going. And your food, the quality of your food. That's all. That's what I have to say on that. But uh, the ceremony was a bit of an issue. It was out well was outdoor at the Montauk Lighthouse. But when they take you to the site where the wedding was, it's like a gravel parking lot and then says no vehicles be on this point and now you have to walk seven minutes through a sandy, rocky, pebbly, grassy uneven surface hill to get to the actual site where they're going to be married, because I guess they wanted that picture with the lighthouse in the background. You know, it's cute. So, unbeknownst to my girlfriend Robin, who always needs to go all out and always looks stunning, she decides to wear stiletto heels. Huh, perhaps somebody should have won them, you guys in the imvation, like she should have won a more sensible shoes. She should have won a more sensible shoe. So, David Brody, I missed. I missed my friends getting married because Robin couldn't make the make the trip. As soon as we got to the area where we were unloaded from the uber, there were these big busses waiting for everybody. Yes, we tried to make the journey, and we walked up a little bit and Robin is like, I can't do this, and she's falling. She's literally like like roller ankle, like pulling Aaron Rodgers. She was almost gonna pull an Aaron Rodgers on me. She couldn't walk in the heels, and out of everyone invited to the wedding, she was the only one that couldn't make it. Because she's wearing stiletto heels to the beach or a beachy, heebbly sandy terrain. Okay, but didn't any room. Like as they're walking past, you say, hey, hold on, wait for Robin. Well the thing is now? Was the other thing? The ceremony started at five o'clock? What time does the bride usually get there? If you say, hey, five o'clock wedding ceremony, what time you think the wedding actually starts? Oh? Five, No, it started at five o five and we got it, and we got there at five o'clock. So I hear the music playing and I'm like, no, so now in the distance there at five o'clock for a five o'clock wedding. Yes, yes, well that's that's not right. Well wait a second, Hold on a second. You know that they're always fashionably late. Five o'clock doesn't mean five o'clock. Five o'clock. You got to get there and have more derves, you gotta no, no, no, no, I'm talking about the ceremony. They don't do what no, no, no, no, no, they don't do whatur derves there. That's the you're talking about the reception. I'm talking about the ceremony of them getting married. Yeah, we had food and drink before the ceremony. Then't they don't really give? No, they don't. They don't. Jews do well, then well the Catholics don't. They don't. You don't get ship until they kiss. That's it. That till they kiss, get a little something. So it was it was unfortunate, Brody. I was so upset because I'm like, no, I hear the music going, I see in the far distance, but Robin couldn't get there. So then Robin's like, I'm going back to the bus. So now I'm between a rock and a hard place, right because my girlfriend hobbles off to the bus, says I can't make it, and then they got the ceremony starting over here. So here are my options. Press on, embarrass myself as the last guy there. Everyone's staring at me as I walk into the ceremony already in progress right without my girlfriend, and piss off my girlfriend at the same time because she's sitting in the bus. Although she claims she would not have been upset, she was, please just you go, they're your friends, go see them get married, or would you miss that ceremony and spare yourself, the embarrassment of walking in late chuse everybody's gonna see you. Go back to the bus and be with your girlfriend and earn brownie points. The bus couldn't get you to the wedding. As I said, there was a drop off point where it was just no vehicles past this point. Ever, you had to walk because it was you know, it was a gravel parking lot. I had a bus could have gone over the gravel. No, no, no, no, that's not an option. Okay, so the choices are again show up by the way. I understand. But you but at least you get because I upset that I missed him getting married. I love him, man Viny, I'm so pissed me too. I'm sorry I wasn't there. Also, when web girl Kathleen got married, who used to work on our morning show, she got married at a museum and the back of the museum on a lawn, and they put down wooden boards to walk on for women in heels because the ground was uneven. I feel like they should have done that for the wedding. They should have put down wooden planks or some kind of rubber matt You're talking about a seven minute walk through the freaking through the trails. I mean, I don't know what married I'm saying. The wedding hall should have boards, they should this, you're not the first person, or they should have told people there's rocks, don't wet the lettos. Although again I'm not really sure why why your girlfriend wasted a lettos, but they should have been just gotta be the tallest girl in the room. She is the tallest girl. She's five seven, isn't she Yeah, she's tall, right, d cup, what do we I'm just so so I would have gone back with Robin. That's what I did. We were never getting hut to the altar either way, so it's just appropriate. That's what I did. Brody. I sat in the bus and then she's upset. She are you upset? You're you know, because she felt bad because I missed them getting married, and she knows I wanted to see that. But why did anyone have to know you didn't see them? Couldn't you have just rod? That's that's the funny part, because now we're sitting at the back of the bus, and now the wedding part and people start. They had their own little trolley with the wedding party, but all the guests that were at the ceremony start funneling back over to the buses, and after one or two people get on the bus, the first people thought, oh, these guys just got here first, and then at them. Within two seconds, we blended in and we saw some of our friends from sales and like, oh, scary is in the back of the bus. Hey, what's up? You know? And it was like everybody, you're just blending in and nobody knew. Nobody was the wiser. So you know what you do? You just say, hey, you know want My girlfriend didn't want me filming that, it was tacky. Whatever, Hey can I see your video? But you guys took video. Let me say, oh so I can't video and you no, right, not only can your post, but then it looks like you it's what you can say. Oh my god, that that that part where where the where the flowers fell over? Oh my god, like happened? You saw it? I did that. I'm not going to say who, but I was late to the wedding of someone on the morning show. When I got there, as the bride and groom were coming back out the aisle group quickly I ran back down the steps of the church to the side. What it was, the groom of the groom, The groom of the groom.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 2: I was there for Alex and Elvis, a heterosexual wedding, and I got there after the the you you may kissed the bride part, and so when everyone was funneling out of the ceremony, I blended into Nobody knew I missed it. That's a great move. But as I was walking up the steps, I saw the briding room were like clapping and they were walking towards the door. You're there throwing fucking rice. Right, So I went back down the steps of the church and I went like around around the step. There was like a little alleyway like like a staircase down like to the basement. I went over there, and then when all the crowd came out, I tiptoed up and then I kind of mingled in with everybody. Yeah, and then you got the credit. And then did you make sure you said how to the bride in the groom as they passed you, like like they saw your face, Yeah, yeah, yeah, congratulations. And they got in the car whatever they went in like their special vehicle, and they left. So to this day, I've never told anybody, but I missed the wedding. You've got credit ceremony of the Jersey kid and his wife. Great to your trash. Yeah, I hit traffic and I got there late. So to this day, they never knew. They never knew that they tell you. I certainly didn't tell. I'm learning right now live on this podcast. That's great. It's not great, and I felt bad. It's hysterical. You're gonna tell him? Yeah, no, why would I tell him? He doesn't care. To this day, he thinks that you were there at the wedding and it's twenty years ago whatever it was. Yeah, I don't think he cares one way ornother if I was at the wedding or not. I was there. I went to the wedding. I just didn't get in in time, but I went. Chrish looked lovely on the way out down the steps. I'm sure it was beautiful. I saw pictures. It was just like being there with Siri and Brody. So, speaking of the wedding that we went to for Vinian and Amanda last week, Amanda Amanda, Yeah, hashtag Amanda Amanda. I noticed something and going to a wedding as a guy and wearing a suit. Why is it? You know, we spend all this time and effort and sometimes money, you know, getting dressed up looking so great, and the next thing, you know, fifteen minutes into the wedding, the tie comes off, Then the jacket comes off. Before long, your shirt is untucked, and you look like a slob. You look as the guys look like. So I've always been of the school thought is, however, I'm getting dressed up today for this wedding is exactly how it's gonna be until I walk out. And you know, I'm very good about never taking off my tie, never I'm buttoning my jacket. I stay proper throughout. Did your did your tie reach your belt? No, it's not supposed to, it's coming. It's supposed to come close just short of your belt. Yeah right, but you you usually you make your tie belly button length. So that's too short. That's too short. Yeah, yeah, somewhere between the bell up and a belly but as yeah, no, no, no, I'm but like, is it is it right? Because I feel like weddings are supposed to be I mean, women they take theirs off, you know, Well, the girl some girls have like a change of clothes, right they get into a more comfortable dress, or they have they take their shoes off and they dance barefoot. Can you imagine guys taking their shoes off and dancing barefoot, the looks you would get? Forget it. No, but sometimes they have us slippers for you, like designer like wedding not for the guys. No for the women, wedding branded slippers because they know they're gonna take their shoes off. But those pads, those little like foot coverings. Yeah, same question though for women. I mean, you spend all this money on shoes and then you can't walk in them, and then you wind up say, oh my feet hurt, and halfway to the party conversation. Women will do. Women will suffer any pain for fashion, I know. But but you're not showing the fashion you're you're actually think Okay, yeah, you're right, But I have never, in any function I've ever been at, taken my shirt out of my pants. At what point, how drunk you have to be? How trashy of a wedding do you have to be? At your offense? Slices? But you're taking your shirt out of your pants? Look, you want to take it. I opened my tie. Like, once the wedding's over and I'm eating my appetizer, I'll probably loosen the tie up because it's true. Hold on a second, Like you said, wedding's over, you mean the ceremony and then the reception is going off. Sit down and I figure out where I'm sitting, and maybe I have some bread. Maybe i'd pick out whatever I you know, the mescal and salad I'm not going to eat. I open up the I open up the tie a little bit, just loosen it up a little bit, pop up on that one button. But you don't take the tie of my tie? Okay, No, I don't take the tie off. No, I just open it. What's the difference Once it's open, it's practiced by the time they serve appetizer, Is it okay to take the tie off? I don't ever take the tie off. You don't, so you're like, you're like me, But I'll take the jacket off now, like Okay. For instance, the last wedding you and I were at together, I think was was it Sam's wedding? Yeah, so I wore a three piece. I had a vest and a jacket. I take the jacket off sooner if I've got a matching vest, because then I'm still pretty dressed with the vest on. And then you can loosen up the tie because you still have the vest. The vest. The vest is a win win because it keeps you comfortable. No sleeves, right, okay, but you will say you had no vest. I would take the jacket off after dinner, So jacket stays on all the way through until dinnertime. Once dinner happens, it's okay to get down the business and take off your jacket and then leave it on the back of the chair. I make an exception. I will take the jacket off while I'm sitting and eating because then like half of your body's covered by the table. You're not walking around, and the only people that see you are the people allegedly closest to you. That's why you're at their table. But if I get up to go to the bathroom, I'll put the jacket. Can I trade you the jacket for a tie, though, like, for instance, not taking a tie off when it's Yeah, But what I see some guys do is they leave the jacket on and they'll take the tie off. And now now they have no tie on, and now your two button casual, your two buttons open. Now you're Brooklyn Industrial. I'm not doing that. See what I'll do. What I might do is I'll tuck the tie into the first slot of the shirt between the first and second buttons. I'll tuck the tie in right this way. When I eat and get food on myself, I then bring the tie back out and it covers the stains. See what I did there? Yeah, I got a plan then, but I'm never taking the tie off. I'll open it. Well, I'll open it a lot a lot of weddings, including this one. I saw it at one point. The jackets come off, the ties come off, and by the way, not necessarily in that order. Some of them took the tie off and left the jacket on, and then the jacket came off after some of them did the reverse. The crowd. The crowd seemed to be like the at any moment, a street dance battle can break out, you know, and and start doing like the eighties nineties dance move well because they actually pump up the music to more current stuff, more frenetic dance stuff. After dessert, there was more of a fun bar vibe, which is fine. If that's the vibe. If everybody's taking off their shoes and their jackets and everybody's drinking and holding a beer bottle in their hand, then I feel like that's a casual type of So by the time there's the final dance set where everyone's mane in the current music is dessert has been served, it's okay at that point to have your jacket, your tie off, and maybe even your shirt out of your pants. So now you're wearing the shirt over there at the jersey short At that point, are you at a wedding or you are you at bar? A?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Where are you you keep your shirt tucked in? Look unlessless. If you're part of a crowd where everybody you know takes their shirts out, then I'm that's that's who you are. Then do that. I'm saying for me, the shirt's never coming out. What if the shirt is out and the jacket is still on. The jacket's still on, but the shirt is out, because now you've got a jacket covering you. Is that does that the gate the shirt the wrinkled shirt tails hanging out at the bottom. No, I'm just saying that does that offset the offset, the slap of the wedding. The whole point of going to a wedding is dressing up for once in a month, once in six months, get yourself dressed up, looking nice. You're in a formal function. This is the biggest day of the couple's lives. Now. Look if Vinnie took his shirt off and his tie off and pulled out his shirt and he was dancing, then I guess that's like permission to do it and wear like just just just a wife, Peter, that's it. I think the white, the white, the white tank top that we call it. If that's what you're that's the wedding you're at, and that listen, the groom sets the tone. If if the groom is down to a sleeveless white thundershirt, then then then go for it. Start, you know, so you're saying, follow the cans, bring out the cans of you know, of bud and uh, you know, and just put your feet up on the porch and do what you want. If you're at a casual wedding and you're like, this is about that, we're here to have fun, then do what you want. When I go to a wedding, I feel like I don't normally dress up. I wear shorts to work when I used to work, so I like putting a suit on. I'll take the jacket off by dessert. I'm not wearing a jacket, mostly because at that point my arms are tight. You know, I hate too much. But I'm not taking off the old me. The old me still has jacket and tie on for dessert, because I see it this time, I didn't yet this time, I think I did take my jacket off. No, I loosened my tie, I left the jacket on. Yeah, I took the tie off and the jacket on. Yeah. You and I were raised that that weddings are a special function and you should dress up for it. Like women, most women don't take off their gowns. I've been at weddings where some women have like a backup outfit because they don't want to step on the dress. They wanted to have a good time, but they they don't put on jeans and a TEA bride herself always makes a change from her from her ceremony dress to the reception dressed. Most of the time these days, I gotta be honest, I don't remember if my wife changed that she might not have because it wasn't commonplace then, but now they have two three outfits some of the bride. I think my wife had the wedding dress on on the honeymoon. I think she still had it on. Well, all I could say. All I could say is I personally, I feel like, if it's a dress the occasion, the occasion doesn't end when main course is served. You should follow through, you know. So what did everybody else do at this place? Most of the people, well, after half the room cleared out and it was just the younger people left because it was like the wedding went into overtime. So it was like five six hours, right, So at the end of the wedding, now though you got the last half hour or hour, everybody had all the shirts were out. No one had their shirt that their jackets on, their ties on, and it was all just looked like a you know, a random club night. The women stayed dressed though. See that's that's the thing. The women kept it tight, except for maybe, you know, people taking their shoes off. Again, I'm not judging the people at this wedding. I'm saying for me, I'm not taking my shirt out, Okay, at the bottom. If the people, if that's the if that's the vibe at the wedding, have a ball. I'm keeping the jacket on most of the time. Shirt stays in the pants. Shirt stays in the pants. That's come on, all right, I'm glad we we can agree on something. But if everybody's wearing a wife beater, and that's what they're called, I'm sorry that I didn't know that's what they're called. Never beat your wife. If that, if everybody's wearing sleeveless with the with the don't right right the wife beat of t shirts, do you give less of a gift because it's less formal?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: I told the story on this podcast about the black tie optional wedding. I went to right where nobody except the wedding party wore a tuxedo. But because I had been married like a two years earlier, I stud my tux so I wore my tuxedo because that's black tie. And the photographer kept pulling me with the wedding party. He was like, come on, let's go get pictures of the wedding party. Like I'm out in the wedding party. Oh, but you're wearing a tuxedo, So black tie optional. This particular wedding meant nobody's wearing a black tie, right, so I was the only one in a black tie, So never again, black tie optional. I'm not doing it. What are you doing? Uh? You tell me? I mean you, I mean, I don't know. You have a lot of game your life sign and then you oh that was for commercial that's right, And I waited and you didn't hit it. Now I hit it. No, I hit it. I didn't hear it. If you didn't hear it, then that's a technical difficulty and I'm not going to well fix that. We'll fix that for a little bit. Okay, So you wanted to get into something. Yeah, em. You know when sometimes they interview people on the street or there's witnesses to a crime, and the person will say, I saw the guy. He was tall, was he white, black dogs skinned, light skin? I don't know, he was tall. They don't give you a lot of detail. And then there are some people like, yeah, I got the license plate number, here's how tall he is. This is what he was wearing. People are really good and some people are just terrible. Right, yep, I go to uh uh, I go to physical therapy for my knee right, and it's getting better by the way. And there was a guy there that I didn't like. He was rude to me once, not on purpose, but he was, and he was touchy feeling with me, and I didn't like that. Whoa, yeah, it just he wasn't good at what he did. And it got to the point where I had to tell my my physical therapist, I never want him interacting with me again. Never, okay, wow. And my physical therapist changed and I got a new physical therapist, and I told him, I said, hey, listen, that guy, just keep him away from me because we had we had problems anyway. He says to me. A couple of weeks later, he says, I said, hey, I haven't seen that guy anymore. He says, oh, he doesn't work here anymore. I said, okay, good, good, good. A couple of weeks go by, he says, you know, he had told me he goes it doesn't work here anymore. Other people had problems with him. You'll never see him again. Don't worry about it. Wow. Going. A couple of weeks go by, and my physical therapist had off that week. He had gone away for a out of town wedding. And while he was gone, I had to fill in. And while he was gone, this guy was back. No way, this guy that I had problems with was back. So I'm like, what the fun? I was told he was fired. So my physical therapist comes back and I said, hey, man, remember that guy TELDE had problems with. He was back? What guy? I said, you know the guy? What was his name? I don't remember his name.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was John, I don't I remember. I could have been John. I don't remember the name. He said, Well, describe him, so I said, well, he was tall, muscular and medium skin like. He was either Hispanic dok skin or he was black light skin, but he was he had he had much darker skin than me. I'm I'm pale as a ghost. And he says, oh, was it was? It was it Steve? And he points to Steve Uh, And I said, no, Steve is a white guy.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's like five eight, he's not muscular, and and he's right there, he still works here. I don't know who you could be talking about. I said, I think his name was John. I don't know, but he and I describe him again, and he says, uh, oh, Albert, and I said, Albert has long hair. Did I say this guy had long hair? No, then it's not Albert. And I'm describing him again and he's and I said, dude, he goes, oh, oh oh, it was Pete and I said, Pete's white. This guy I just described him is not. So he starts naming everybody and it's not coming close. I'm like, again, really big, muscular, could have been hispanic or mediums complexion, darker than you are. And I'm like, and his name was like John something. So he's going through like every name and every every and I go, I go, that guy, what are you talking about? I go that guy? No, And every guy he mentions looks nothing like the description that I'm giving him. So I'm like, this guy worked here for months. I've been coming here for months. How do you not know what I'm talking about? It was like it was John, it was Jarreed me something with a jay. And he's like and he's like, was the Pat? I'm like, does Pat start with a jay?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Are you the worst this?
Speaker 8: You know? Point?
Speaker 2: It sounds like he's fucking with you, but no, he's legitimately like naming every guy there that except the guy that he tells me, I said, look, dude, obviously the guy still works there. You told me he was fired. So I tell the guy again, look, why don't you ask other people give the description of what I'm talking about. So he goes and asks two people. That comes back and he goes, oh, Johan, Okay, I told you John, it's one letter away from Johan. I described him perfectly. And you're asking me if it's Steve, the white guy, the scrawny white guy. Why they don't put to They don't visualize the world. Yeah, they don't visualize the word John and realize that that is like maybe a couple of letters away from Johan. The point is this guy worked there for for like a year and a half with my physical therapist, right, I described him to a t. He tells me the guy was fired. Then he tells me, oh, he's back to phill In occasionally. He wasn't really fired, he lost his full time stat He knows everything about the guy, but he doesn't remember who I'm talking about, and then points to people that work there that couldn't possibly be the guy I'm talking about, who allegedly doesn't work there anymore. My point is, there are some people you want to be your witness, and some people you do not want to be your witness. If I ever get stabbed in front of him, there's no chance of them ever catching the guy gonna happen. The guy could be wearing a Mets jersey who stabs me? And this guy be like, I don't know, I think it was a Yankee shirt. It could have been I don't know, a red shirt from the gap. I don't know. That's great. He could figure out Johan from John. I didn't know the guy's names. Didn't like him, but I knew it was like Judge. I was like, Joe, which way did he go? Which way? Exactly? I'm like, listen, stick to rubbing my kneecap. That's it. You are not not helpful, so can't imagine. Yeah, so Johann officially Johann doesn't work there anymore. So thankfully Johan's a dude. Hey oh, we got to congratulate lead out Beastie Boys, the singers of our the singers of our closing jingle. Uh they finally after a well, the parody on which it's based, right, yeah, correct, Yeah, for people that don't know, we actually sang that that's us singing at the ends, pretending to sing yeah, well we're yeah. So anyway, Uh, here's what happened. The Beastie Boys got their own square named after them in Lower Manhattan. They've been fighting for this, well, for their right to party and to have the signs put up and to commemorate, to commemorate themselves, uh for years.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: They basically the Lower east Side at the corner of Ludlow Street and I believe it's Rivington, Yeah, Ludlow and it's called Beastie Boys Square. So last Saturday, at this time, they had one of the congressmen out and then Mike D. The surviving members, Mike D and Ad Rock were there and that thousands of people shut up for this. If you take a look at the pictures, it's really cool, very touching. So they unveiled the sign under the regular green street signs. It's another one. It's Beastie Boys Square, and there's a rendering of them like there's that in graffiti art, the three of them. Yeah, so r p mc A but yeah, it was kind of cool, touching moment. That's very nice. I feel like I want to go, I want to visit Beastie Boys Square, but it's still the same street it always was. Now that's just a sign. Yeah, I know, but it's cool. I would want to take a picture of the sign, you know, me, put it on social media and then put a Beastie Boy song behind it, because that's what I do in my instep story. Though, I wasn't Beastie Boy. It wasn't beast the Boys Square, your nickname, bestI Boys Square, nothing but voice your chemras frozen, the cameras frozen. I can't hear you now I hear you. Hey, how'sn't Beastie Boys Square? By the way, nickname in high school? That sounded like you just took five lines of coke and then decided to start speaking. It was so weird. Yeah, that's what your That's what you sounded like. So if I could just do the thing I was trying to do. Yeah, So, as you were saying, wasn't Beastie Boys Square, what isn't?
Speaker 6: Is it is?
Speaker 2: It wasn't Beastie Boys the Beastie Boys Square your nickname in high school?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow? You would have repeat that eleven times just you should have just abandoned the joke after the first time, I thought it was funny, just you know, uh yeah, but I don't know if there's anything special going on down there, but you know, maybe walk around a little bit. So Paul's Boutique on the corner, Well, that's the street they did it on. That's that is the that is the the intersection of where they shot the cover of Paul's Boutique. Yeah, I'm saying they should. Someone should open up a store now called Paul's Boutique right on that corner. Well, maybe you and I should do that. It's not Brooklyn Boys murch available at Brooklyn Boys dot big cartel dot com. It was Paul's Boutique was actually a real store on that street, but it's not anymore, right, No, you know, it went away years ago. That's what I'm saying. The whole that whole row looks different than what the album cover looks like. Right now. This is their Abbey Road. You know what I'm saying. I understand that's people will be taking pictures now on that street corner. Yeah, but there's no yeah, right, some of those all those original stories are gone anyway. But oh, you and I could do it because there's only two Beastie boys left, so you and I could go and recreate the two of them on the cover. Okay, Now, if I provide all all this free meat for a barbecue, and I say, and it's not my bar it's not my barbecue. But but if I go, if I go give them the meat, and I go to this play and I just drop it off, and I got all this meat, all this cut, all these all these cuts, am I required? Well, first of all, at the end of the barbecue, do they get to keep the unused meat the person who hosted the barbecue? Or do I bring it back? It takes a different than bring in. Well, it depends do I dessert? If you bring dessert. If you bring like a box of donuts and they only eat four of them, you don't get to go home with the other eight or nine. Right, that's true. So if I supply the meat, I shouldn't take anything. I shouldn't take any about it. If you bring forty pounds of meat and they cook fifteen pounds of meat, you have twenty five pounds of meat. I think at that point you can go, hey, uh, you know, I get the sausage bag. I didn't want to think that part. Well, there were some leftover steaks and pork chops, but I didn't take any. But I'm just wondering, what is the course of action. What is the host just say, oh, you know what, I'll just keep it and freeze it, maybe have it well a barbecue again. Down there, you shitload of meat. If it's a shitload of meat, then the host should either say, hey, man, listen, there's so much leftover. We'll off the barbecue again. I'll make sure you you know, we invite you to come over now. If he has a barbecue like in the next week and you're not invited, it's a bunch of other people, that's not cool. Right, He can't use my He can't use my meat at a feature a future barbecue without me being there. Right, Well, I mean he could, but it wouldn't be I don't think it'll be right. But what he should do is say, hey, scary, thanks so much for bringing all this meat. There's way too much. We can't I mean, it doesn't even fit in the freezer. You want to take back some of it? Yeah, that's what he should do. If he's got a freezer in his garage, though, so and he's a big grill guy that he's going to keep it all. So a couple of years ago, I went to a barbecue and I brought all this meat over and we cooked about half of it. So like, all right, we'll use it for next time. Well, fast forward three weeks later, I was out of town. They had another barbecue behind my back and I couldn't make it obviously, and I was like, whoa, whoa, well, what's going on? And they were texting me pictures. I was in Vegas and they were texting me pictures of them, like with the barbecue meats, to tantalize me, to taunt me. Oh, They're like, look we had I'm like, but that's fucking wrong. I should be invited to the next barbecue if you if you're like gonna, you know, use my meat. You know what I'm saying. I feel I feel like if your meat is being used, and they, oh, they shouldn't tell you, like they shouldn't be sure. They oh, look we're eating your meat. They're like, sorry, I wish you were here, but you're out of town. Well, if you're out of town, it's I guess it's not fault unless they when they found out you were out of town. Then they planned the barbecue. Right if they're like, oh, scary's out, let's seet his meat sending pictures. Oh we wanted to have you, but you were out of town. You shod a luck. That's what my friends do. But they did that last time. This time, I think I'm gonna get invited to the future barbecue where my meat will be on display. If you know what I'm saying, I think it's it's I think I think Shakespeare once said it's better to be invited most of the time than never invited at all, Like Brody, Like.
Speaker 3: Brodie is scary.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see if you can hear the talkbacks, because I'm gonna try and play these. If you listen hear the last two jingles, you got to fix that, all right. Well, I got to hear the talkbacks to comment on them. Of course, if it doesn't this doesn't work and it goes south, then I'm gonna go fucking ape shit. This way, when they say something nice about macon Fancdom, and when I say something nice about you, I can yell at them or say I didn't hear that. I didn't hear that. What, Yeah, I didn't hear that exactly. You could always leave us the talk pack. Yeah yeah, click the microphone by the way, yep, what I had something here? I want to I want to give credit to the right person. Yep, the guy you play the talkbacks. I'll in drupt you when I get to I want to get the credit for the So basically, if you know, if you're listening on the Hart Radio app, you know you can press it and hold a microphone. I'll leave us one of these things. From episode to sixty eight, the Bribe and Groom episode.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, how y'all doing.
Speaker 2: Would it be possible for next time scary types of vacation, which is probably tomorrow, you guys would consider bringing in a guest host.
Speaker 4: That way you don't view us hanging for a week.
Speaker 2: Maybe one of Scari's friends fall Jim or slim Gym or Short Pete or fat Breaker or one of those guys you know.
Speaker 7: We'd great.
Speaker 2: I'd really appreciate it because I listen to you guys every week, and I miss it when you're not an episode. Hey, listen. I appreciate his support, his loyalty, his desire to hear our episodes every week, but I've met some of Scary's friends. They can't host this podcast. They can't. I'm I'd have fun talking shit about Scary the all the time. But no, I'd rather have no Scary at all than a fill in. And yeah, vice versa. We don't really do the podcast if both of us are not available, it just doesn't work. Dynamic is off. I mean imagine I'd be more apt to do it alone than he was. Oh no, yeah, imagine me and Jersey Kid TV up for a podcast without you. I heard that podcast it got ended.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, Tamara from Bingham to New York. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Brody was wrong. No, you said that season one of White Lotus was the one in Italy. In fact, it was season two.
Speaker 2: I'm probably the only person that caught this, but I.
Speaker 9: Just couldn't believe that Brody was wrong, because he's never wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh he's wrong? What the heck Brody hold on? Anyway, I'm wrong, I'll explain. I'm not going to justify it. I watched them out of order, so I watched season two when it was new because of the hype, and then I went I can watch season one so in my mind I got the seasons and the locations wrong because I watched them out of order. But you're a hundred pcent right. I was wrong, but I'm explaining now that you mention it. I did watch season two and then watch season one. In his mind it was the first season he watched, but it was season two, yeah, which which is wrong, but I remember I remembered it wrong. Sorry about that.
Speaker 4: Good catch, Hey, Brody and Scary Jamie from Queen's Here. I don't think there's anything wrong with posting a picture you have with the celebrity after they died, thank you. What's bad are the people who pretend they were such a big fan of that celebrity.
Speaker 5: When they weren't.
Speaker 4: They'll gush about being such a big fan and all that, and yet they can't name a single song that the singer did or a single movie or TV show that the actor did, but they gush about being such a big fan.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Jamie. Jamie contributes very often. We love herm.
Speaker 6: I have no idea why people can be shit for posting pictures of celebrities. I would totally do it, like most people would, so be scary alone.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Two D. I love you. You can't identify yourself though, scary.
Speaker 8: Your view of Instagram is so skewed from a monetary and a fame perspective that you know there are a faction of us that just use Instagram for entertainment and information and we don't post. And for you to say that we would all post that picture from that celebrity, we would have no. I'm sorry, we wouldn't, So fuck you, Shetty, All right, Ted Fmiowa.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for taking your aggressions out on our talk back.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is a Maggie from Miami about the steak dinner scary. You still owe him because you did not pay for it. But Brody, as I recall, you helped multiple people, why aren't those other people held accountable for your steak dinner too?
Speaker 2: A very good question because I paid him twice and the other people never even made an attempt. Okay, I'll respond to that. First of all, I can't find the tweet or the DM. I'm so sorry, but one of our slices pointed out that last episode you said bullshit, Brody, I tried to buy you steak dinner twice. You admitted it. You said, you tried to buy me a steak dinner. You tried, which in English means you didn't actually succeed. You admitted it. You admitted it. You admitted it. Also, the other people don't owe me a steak dinner because Greg t and Scary both came to me. They got me in the studio and said, Brody, if you get this done, we'll buy you a steak dinner and a five star, top of the line best steakhouts. You pick it, we'll buy you dinner. The other people did not make that offer. And so these are the two big shots I helped, and they both stabbed me in the back with one of those knives that if you don't return you get charged five hundred dollars at that steakhouse.
Speaker 7: Boy, this is Skyler from Cincinnati. So two things before I actually get started. First thing, I'm a very busy man. I saw my lunch prep, I paused podcast, I downloaded an app that's not on my phone just to say this. And before I actually say it, I gotta say one more thing. I'm only going to address Brody because a nice young man from Rockford County got silenced.
Speaker 2: Brody, keep your dinner. You better get your dinner.
Speaker 7: Skyther again I got cut off, but not Scary this time. But no, gather your allies, because Scary's gonna see that. This is the will of the slices. This is the will of the slices. He's gonna know what's right. Eventually, he's gonna know what's right. You're gonna get your dinner, man, all right, get your dinner.
Speaker 2: I see the gummy kicked in. Scary is gonna have a come to a come to steakhouse moment, an epiphany.
Speaker 3: Hey really, boys, Jacob here out of Northwest Arkansas again. I was just finishing up to six when you all were going through the talkbacks. And I believe the reason that our area has referred to Northwest Arkansas is the local stations that cover our area refer to it as that because this is their coverage area.
Speaker 2: I'm not one hundred percent on that though. Okay, So one of ours slices Lonnie, who, by the way, was one of my biggest supporters on my Walkers and Talkers podcast, Lonnie, Lonnie Spicer. Lonnie always great to hear from you. He sent me an article on Twitter and to you, Scary from the Daily Mail, which is a British website Dailymail dot co dot uk that Northwest Arkansas has been declared the new capital of cool. That Northwest Arkansas is where all the young people and the cool people are moving to. Real it's like the new Nashville. So that that's why some people, maybe not him, referring to Northwest Arkansas by Northwest Arkansas because it's now a cool region. Well, that's where Bentonville is. That is the that is the whole of Walmart. That is where Walmart it is. Well, that's why it's cool. But other than that, apparently there's more restaurants opening in clubs and nightlife. It's the place to be. In other words, there's a velvet rope and you're gonna go there. I'm gonna spend a weekend there, Brody.
Speaker 5: This is William Joyner from Atlanta, Georgia talking about your Facebook listing.
Speaker 7: People will all the time try to bargain with me.
Speaker 8: I list an item listed for fifty, it's worth one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 7: They come to me, I'll give you ten. I come back, Okay, fifty five.
Speaker 2: They come back. But you said fifty.
Speaker 8: I come back.
Speaker 2: Oh you can fucking read. Yeah, you fucking jackass.
Speaker 7: You're getting there for fifty five now the price went up.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'll have a good day. I love his line of thinking. It's great, dude. People with the boggaining on Facebook is ridiculous, ridiculous. Hey, Brody, this message for you number two sixty eight.
Speaker 7: You talked about Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 10: I also sell on Facebook Marketplace again.
Speaker 2: Will see a.
Speaker 8: Listing for fifty dollars that I have and I'll show worth one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 2: All right, we had him already. He's leaving the same message twice. It went through no charge.
Speaker 10: Hey, this is your boy formerly known as one last case. Hey, she Hady Junes? How did it go? Sleeping on nine days on the same room being with Robin the whole time? I mean, yes, you always talk about how you'll never get married, you're not the married type. But you've been with the same woman for the past five years, and now you slept in the same bed with her for nine days. I mean, are you thinking about her or it's not even scratching your head?
Speaker 6: No, she's not.
Speaker 2: I mean it wasn't annoying. I mean, we what's up? I mean four days, four weeks, it doesn't been a right time. Yeah, that was ready. Oh he tried to Oh he's trying to say that because I surprise I could last nine days in a row, that I could do like nine decades.
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: And fairness the scary. On the nine day cruise with his girlfriend on day five, he tried to call an uber to send her home. When he comes to the cruise, Hey, this is your boy.
Speaker 10: From Roccoan County.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 10: I also hate my voice, but you know I do this only to piss off Scary Jones. So pay Scary just you know I have a picture with you. So the day you die, I'm gonna post that all over my social media and then I'm gonna talk about doctor fat loss, and then I'm gonna say the first fifty likes get a free camera.
Speaker 2: I love your brother, stay strong camera. I couldn't picture I couldn't picture you honoring me any other way. I would love that. I nothing arch Nemesis. He's become your arch nemesis. Is he my warrior? You know this Warrio and Warrio he's your Yes, that's right, Warrio, he's the inverted me.
Speaker 10: Hey, these are your boy, and it's always brody and scary. Hey, brooken boys, when we're gonna have a giveaway or a sell or where I sell it better? But you know something, I deal on your store so I can buy something. I have a couple of dollars here burning a hole in my pocket, and I want to spend it with you guys, So let us know Slice for life.
Speaker 2: So he wants so he wants a discount in the merch store, Brody, what's going on with that? We have to look into an end of summer sale. Possibly that would be great. I'll have a job buy the merchandise at full price. This isn't Facebook marketplace. We should know we are. Your shirt is nineteen ninety nine. I'll give you four. We got we got us available, we could. We got to ask up Maddy Merch Merch Matt merch Matt. What do we call him? Matty merch, Matty merchman, Matt merchingman, match Maddy Merch. I like Matty, all right, We got to talk to maout the merchant man, Matt. It's really merchman Matt. He is the final decision on that stuff.
Speaker 11: Hey by Voice Christy episode of the podcast.
Speaker 2: So he does we love him?
Speaker 11: Hey, b Voice Christy from Saddlebrooks Plice for life. My grandfather came through Ellis Island from Italy and the registrar dropped a you and an I from his name. Originally it was d e g U I s I and he made it de e g I s E and the registrar said, you'll be able to find work easier this way. I guess it was true.
Speaker 2: It's stuck.
Speaker 11: It's still sticking. My grandfather went on to own a silk dye factory in Patterson with his name on the smokesack beautiful.
Speaker 2: Seeing there was no need for him to fight the power and go back to the original way. He's like, you know what, this is what I am here in America. That's what I am, so I will always be. Probably shouldn't have done that back then, but I'm glad it worked out for him. Yeah again, my great grandfather lost an e in his name.
Speaker 11: So there you go, Christy again.
Speaker 2: Scary.
Speaker 11: Who the heck gives a rats behind if you post a picture of yourself with a deceased celebrity.
Speaker 2: Brody and everyone else, I do it.
Speaker 11: I did it when Adam West passed away. I did it when Jackie Demon passed away. It shows caring, It shows thank you that you met this person, and this person was gracious enough to take a picture with you, so you appreciate this person. It just f everybody, just like we asked, Dill.
Speaker 2: Christy, tell that to my morning show. Tell that to everyone on my morning show, because it's me versus all of them who all made fun of me for it. Hold on, I love Christy and she's never wrong. But here's what I'll say, is the difference when a non show busy type person like us, and I hate to use that term, when an average person meets a celebrity, right, it's a big deal, and it's an honor, and you're a fan of theirs, that's why you met them. And you probably met three celebrities in your whole life, and it's a huge deal. When people in radio meet celebrities, you meet hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of celebrities, many of which you aren't a fan of. You like to take the picture and it looks good on your social media, but you're not really a fan of theirs. Right, Like you took a picture of Adam West. You're a fan of Adam West. I wish I had a picture of Adam West. But if you put a picture up like two weeks ago, we all we all met the lead singer smash Mouth, not really the what don't really big fans of his. It was a nice guy. We met him. That's great, But I'm not going to post a picture with him because my interaction with him was not like, oh my god, I finally got to meet Steve from smash Mouth. I put up a picture of me with Bob Sagett because I had a connection with him as a fan, you know whatever. But it's different, it's it cheapens it because when we do it, we're doing it to like, go, look I met the dead guy, as opposed to hey, I got to meet Adam West, and look at that. He was really nice. I'm so glad I met him. There's a difference. Scary doesn't for the hits. Scary doesn't for the likes. Scary doesn't for the bunch your thumbs ups. Okay, if anyone would like to thumb up our merch store, that would be great. Go to the boys, go to tel dot com, go to go to Brooklyn Boys. Uh, you fucked that up. That's that's Brooklyn Boy. What's the website. No, that's right, that's Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com. Ah, you get to be the Kaboos for a change. Yeah please, And I'm just getting cold here in the Northeast. Get yourself a hoodie. Actually, you know what you do? Give us a couple of days, but check when you're hearing this, check in and keep checking in with that website.
Speaker 5: Say that. No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Hold on, we're gonna talk to merchman Matt and if he can, we'll throw something. We'll throw something up and you'll see it when you go to Brooklyn Boys, not bigcrtail dot com. But at the time of this voicing of this podcast, we don't have that in place. But at least re equate yourself with that website and keep checking back. We're hoping that we can get some checking back. But again, if you listen to this in twenty twenty six, we don't want to help you. There may not even be a merch store. You get that point. You listen, you know how to do radio. I can't believe you still don't how to do podcasting. Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com. Go there, there's something for you. We are recording this in September of two three. Yes, if the world is destroyed and you're hearing this, we were two guys from Brooklyn who had a merch store. What's a merch store? They don't exist anymore. The world was destroyed, but you could have gotten a discount someday eventually made me in the past. And we were two guys from Brooklyn, and there's no street sign to commemorate us. Okay, so we should have a street in Bensonhurst, but the scary corner. I should have the scary brody corner. I did that. You should be opposite corners of each other. Scary brody brody scary. Right, So here we go, each side of the each side of the corner like has the sign but written the other way. Yeah, I love that. Well anyway, the street's broty scary one. Yeah, I'm gonna go for that. Congratulations again to the Beastie Boys forgetting your sign and your commemoration of Beastie Boys square. All right, we gotta get it. Have to pay tribute to them. We sang badly over their music. Yeah, like this song here boys up boys brock brocad