Speaker 1: What's that a.
Speaker 2: Band?
Speaker 3: It's spooky and joy I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I said.
Speaker 4: Tyros Dress, Hey Bill, it's me Roz. I got to talk to Patty Shemmel. If you don't know who Patty Shemel is, you know the band Whole one of the biggest rock bands of the nineties, Courtney Love. I mean, Patty is major. Patty has had quite the life. She's got a book about her life that she wrote. There's an incredible documentary about her life.
Speaker 3: It's a story of redemn She has toured the.
Speaker 4: World hotie, she has played for thousands and thousands of people.
Speaker 3: She has seen some shit and she's hilarious. And so we talk.
Speaker 4: We pretty much stay on topic. I would say we definitely talk paranormal and stuff similar to that. I had a great time talking to Patty and I hope you enjoy it. I also have a Patreon every week full length episode of me learning about paranormal stuff. Last week I learned about the bell Witch, which is a real spooky story and I had a good time learning about it. So you can check that out. The link is in the description of this episode. And I think that's about it for me up here at the top. I'm just gonna hand it on over to my really fun conversation with Patty's.
Speaker 3: On with the show.
Speaker 5: You guys.
Speaker 3: I'm joined by Patti Shamble. Hello, I I'm good.
Speaker 6: I'm a big fan.
Speaker 1: I have to say no the podcast of you.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite things when.
Speaker 1: I need a little pick me up is to look at that one instagram of you doing the who am I?
Speaker 6: I think the character is like a The character.
Speaker 1: Is you know, a tiro reader.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's on my Instagram. It's good, thank you, it's well. It was inspired by our mutual friend of our Sam Pancake. The two of us one time we went to Palm Springs and we were like, well, what are we gonna do? We have like we have a house in Palm Springs and we're stuck with each other. We got to find something fun to do, so we went to like Target or Walmart or something. We're like, let's get a game. We got Guess who, and then we turned it into this thing where we were just explaining in the most specific ways how each person looks. And then I just came to me like, oh, I should pretend that they're like tarot cards.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Oh my god, I'm honored. I'm such a fan of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: And now we're meeting for the first time, and I'm a little bit star struck.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of friends in common.
Speaker 3: Yes we do, and you it's weird.
Speaker 4: I don't have a lot of musicians on the show, and I don't I guess I just don't know a lot of musicians. I don't know, but I'm honored to have one. How do you feel about the term rock star?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's weird just because it's uncomfortable to be a rock star.
Speaker 1: It just seems so so much bigger, and you know, like to me, like Debbie Harry is a rock star or like much bigger, amazing people.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: How would that not put you in the category of rockstar? Very one of the most iconic rock bands.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're uncomfortable, if you don't identify as a rock star, I won't call you one back.
Speaker 6: And that's okay.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 4: I get to talk to a rock star about ghosts today. What do you think about ghosts?
Speaker 3: Or paranormal in general. Where are you at with that?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I've always been sort of very supportive of friends that do you know, sort of have a connection with your normal you know, with have stories about like there's always that one friend that's like, oh, you know, I have an extra sense for that, you know, and I'm roll my eyes about that. And then there's always like that friend that comes into a room and goes, wait a minute, feel something, you know, like there's some cold wind through the room or and you know, like that was always like Melissa in my band hole, she had some kind of connection. Always she's like would she had this sort of a maybe I don't know what you'd call it, like spiritual witchy vibe, and she believes that you know, others from different planes and different spaces.
Speaker 6: Talk to us and.
Speaker 1: And to like, you know, open your mind to that, which I did for a while like kind of like follow her lead, and and it was interesting, right, I mean really you could have a much more fantastical life that way, you know, Like there was what we would go There was one particular moment we were in New Orleans and it was like nineteen ninety five, but like the just we went to New Orleans to do a bunch of like to start writing songs for the next record, which was gonna be which became Celebrity Skin. And we were at this uh we were staying on you know, Magazine Street or something, and we had this like house that had many rooms and we're all staying there, and well, Asso would build this happiness there. You know, it's New Orleans. It's very ghosty to talk about that, and like, and it was Courtney wanted to go because Trent Resner was there a lot and that was like her draw was like maybe we'll run in his Trent on the street and like, I don't think so really, But so we stayed in this house and then we would We were recording at this Masonic temple, which this building that was an old Masonic temple and and the Masons have a whole history of you know, like their secret rituals and secret society and and that was interesting. And I apparently they they have when they build or where their locations or their like headquarters or their lodge or whatever, it's always.
Speaker 6: Somehow symmetrical.
Speaker 1: Like the number was we were on like third Street or where three three three. Saint Charles on the third floor of a building. So it was like that, you know, and and so there was always these connect there is connections. So inside this room that we were recording at was just a giant space with like cement wells, with all this sort.
Speaker 6: Of Egyptian painting on the wall.
Speaker 1: And we just set up in there, and I've never had a better drum sound, I feel like ever.
Speaker 6: I loved that room. It was like maybe that's what it was like. There was so much history and there was plenty.
Speaker 1: Of you know, spirits floating around in that world and in that inside that little Masonic temple. And so there was a rumor about that it was an old hotel, and Melissa was like very like her ears proved up.
Speaker 6: And the guy that was.
Speaker 1: Producing or like doing our demos with us said, well, it's it was an old motel and there was a hotel and there was a swimming pool in the basement and a little boy drowned there. Uh and and sometimes he comes around and he'll just take things. That's always the trickster ghost, the tricks, you know, they'll take things and hide them and move them around. And like it didn't really happen to me, but one time we walked in, Me and Alissa walked in and this will date us. Like there was a telephone book, like a thick telephone book had been thrown on the floor, and Melissa was like, and I was like, it's not a big.
Speaker 3: But she jumped I'm a little boy from the pool.
Speaker 1: So the boy did it, Yeah, the little boy.
Speaker 6: And I was like, why first of all did he choose.
Speaker 5: The throw on the floor.
Speaker 1: So she was like, it's that boy, and I feel him here.
Speaker 3: I'm a little bit that See.
Speaker 4: I think that if you and I ever went to an old building together, you would roll your eyes, because I mean, I've gotten better at it the more that I've talked to people over the years on this podcast.
Speaker 3: But I am the kind of person that's like, there's something here. I feel it.
Speaker 1: H huh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a little bit more on the.
Speaker 1: I love to like get carried away in a story and like like and consider it like I'm open, you know, and you know it's like but then there's like what I've been jested about lately and I can't stop is Sylvia Brown? Do you know? Yeah? The psychic Yes, Okay, there's this one account that has a lot on Instagram that has a lot of just Sylvia Brown clips on montel and her there's one like she just like it's such like she'll just you can see her mind. She's got she just like will just make stuff up like really quickly. And well maybe she does, you know, she's maybe she does speak to people on the other side. But there's a like a moment where one person, this woman stood up and said to Sylvia in this clip, my father passed away and I just I miss him. And some you know, there's a little you know, hummingbird that comes by my window sometimes and I think, and Sylvia just interrupts and goes, water, he died in water, you know, because her voices is like layer and he says she says, it's water he died, and she goes, well, he died it it was nine eleven. He died at nine to eleven. She's like, right, the sprinklers came down. That was And it's continuously these kind of you know, like how she weaves in things and people ask things and then she'll just say, like, I mean, it's almost like it's shocking. She'll go, you know, like I want to like a woman would would say, you know, I want to know how my father died or whatever.
Speaker 6: She goes he hung himself, sweetheart.
Speaker 4: You see, I imagine it would be so hard if you're writing books and you're on Mantel and you're doing you know, you're getting known as the psychic.
Speaker 3: You have to keep that up.
Speaker 4: And I just always have the hardest time believing that that, Like you have to at some point be making it out, like I'm really supposed to believe that. Every time Sylvia Brown calls up every single dead person they answer, There's no way why would they answer. They're gonna go, oh, I'm gonna be on TV. Let me let me talk to Sylvia, like, come on, No. And I believe in this stuff, but I just I do think it's good to be skeptical as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And there's some people.
Speaker 2: That I just feel are connected, like you know that you know, there are friends I know that do.
Speaker 6: Readings and I they have a gift.
Speaker 1: I truly believe it. Like Marcella a friend, Marcella, she has a gift. I believe that she when she does taro and when you know that conversation, there's there's something there, you know that I believe that. And and then there's people like Sylvia Brown. I mean they're not even on the same in the same realm uh huh.
Speaker 3: Have you been to a psychic?
Speaker 4: Like have you ever officially like made an appointment or done that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was one that in when Paul was touring.
Speaker 1: We went to Australia and Melissa loves a psychic, right, and so does port Me loves a psychic.
Speaker 6: I think she was like, you know, this is Madonna's psyche.
Speaker 4: We have to go you know.
Speaker 1: Something like that and go to this house.
Speaker 3: And like, first we.
Speaker 1: Didn't I didn't want to say anything about who I was anything. You know, when Melissa says down she gets reading and she comes out, she's like, you know, and then I go in and I sit down and like pieces, so I'm feeling that, you know, you're well he has an Australian accent. I will not do that. I can't do it. So and he said you are.
Speaker 6: You assist people? Uh that are you know, entertainers And I was like, no, I'm not the assistant.
Speaker 2: It was like all the stuff that was not even you know, like there's a way that you can.
Speaker 1: I think that if like with psychics that that they'll sort of be a bit general so that you'll kind of like connect if you need to and want to, that you can connect with them and and then go that's right, you know, like you know, sometimes they'll I think there was a situation where a psychic said to Melissa, you're pregnant, and and she wasn't, but I you know, Melissa interpreted as pregnant with a creation that was she was about to you know, present to the world. Yeah, bring birth to something thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I The last one that I went to was literally, i mean didn't exactly say this, but was essentially like, you're the kind of person that likes to sleep at night and you like to wake up and eat breakfast, and and you you also you like air and.
Speaker 3: You use bathrooms, and.
Speaker 4: Like it was like so general, yeah, like I'm supposed to go, oh my god, you know that like what's.
Speaker 6: His name, James Van Prague.
Speaker 1: That him the guy like there's a general way of going, you know, he'll go I'm feeling like there's a thing where he'll put his hand and head, close his eyes and I'm feeling someone here.
Speaker 6: Jerry Jerry, Johnny Jenny Jenny Joey, you know, and so well, but that's me, you know, in the audience.
Speaker 1: And then he'll go, there's someone in your life that's sent.
Speaker 6: It, you know, And then they're like, yes, yes, how did you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I wanted to hear about you were telling me that you have this story about a haunted closet.
Speaker 1: Yes, what is that that is about? There's a house in Silver Lake that I lived in for many years, and in it there was always there was a big house and there's always lesbians in it. There's like like just like a always lesbians and like maximums six seven living there and always rotating, and big people are like, oh, I know your house because there's always big lesbian.
Speaker 6: Ragers you know.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, and you know, you know, I want to kicker you're.
Speaker 6: Something like that. So and eventually like, okay, this house is.
Speaker 1: Is once once owned by Fatty R and it's he lived there in the Silent film era and.
Speaker 6: It's the house was built like.
Speaker 1: In you know, like nineteen o two some crazy time, and so it's beautiful and everything's like old and stained glass.
Speaker 6: Original wood floors and like a weird sort.
Speaker 1: Of like inside that one the closet that I will tell you more about in a moment. There's like a little door and you can go into a crawl space.
Speaker 3: Oohoo, some shady went on in there.
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, if anyone doesn't know Fatty art Buckle, do you know the story of Fatty art Buckle. Yes, it was like original cancel culture kind of a thing. It's I mean, it seems like I mean, it was the first big scandal they say in early Hollywood nineteen twenties. But it's one of these things where like stuff happened behind closed doors. A woman died at a party that he had. She died of a bladder problem. It was alleged by the press that he crushed her while raping her and crushed her bladder.
Speaker 3: It was never proven that that's.
Speaker 4: Exactly what happened, but he was no longer able to ever work after being one of the biggest stars in Hollywood and ended up with a real sad life. He died it I think like forty six. Can you tell I googled all this earlier and he he was Actually this is where it's like a really sad Hollywood story. He was offered.
Speaker 3: Finally like his big comeback and he died that day.
Speaker 4: Warner Brothers gave him a contract after all these years of like paying off his lawyer fees and being completely blacklisted and nobody would ever hire him again.
Speaker 3: And then he died.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't know that that's real.
Speaker 3: Sad him. Oh you know another okay, one of my dream guests was Louie Anderson. Uh dream.
Speaker 4: I never got to have him, but it was a dream to have Louie Anderson on this podcast. I love Louis Rest in Peace the movie or the TV show Baskets. He's incredible on anyway. He he said in an interview a couple of years ago that he went to a psychic early on in his career, and she said that he was in a in his in a previous life, he was a big movie star that was uh, that died and came back into this body to right his wrongs. He was like some big comedy movie star whatever. And so he interpreted it as being that he was Fatty Arbuckle. So he like did some googling and he realized that he was born on the same day as Fatty Arbuckle. And he looked, in his words, a lot like Fatty Arbuckle, so he believed that he was Fatty art Buckle coming back to right his wrongs.
Speaker 3: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: That is Oh my god, any and his dream must have lam in a movie and it never got to happen.
Speaker 1: I remember, like one of my favorite jokes is him saying there was this cookie brand called almost Home, and he'd go almost Home almost out of the store.
Speaker 6: I love him.
Speaker 3: Okay, So back to your story about the.
Speaker 1: House. So this the and apparently across the street, like Kitty Corner was Mary Pickford's house was like the house she was in, and then down the street was the Max Senette Studio, which it's on that it's that weird building that's like, well, it's not weird, it's just it's kind of like off Fountain and everybody was the Max Senet Stages in Silver Lake. It's kind of the there's so much like early you know, film lore about that whole area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as Los Felis Silver Lake. If anyone listening doesn't know what we're talking about, it's like a part of La like East Hollywood essentially, and it's the cool place to live and a lot of Hollywood, early Hollywood, silent film history there.
Speaker 1: This house has the closet upstairs. Well, we would have a friend come and tattoo the whole house. Right, He come down from like Monterey and bring his wife and stay at our house and then tattoo everybody and then call it like home base. And then everybody would come by and pay him and he just do a whole run of weekend of tattooing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So, and he's the one that's for responsible for that ben Affleck tattoo.
Speaker 6: If you know what I'm talking. Just go look at ben Affleck tattoo.
Speaker 1: Friends, it's a back tattoo. Okay. Anyway, well this tattoo guy, so Okay, So his girlfriend was staying upstairs and.
Speaker 6: At night.
Speaker 1: He'd be like up with us tattooing, and then she'd come running downstairs. And she came run downstairs and she was like, oh my god, Journey, there's something going on with the closet upstairs. There's something in that closet.
Speaker 6: I can feel it.
Speaker 1: And she was like she could feel things, but the door would creak open a lot, and I she said she saw something in the closet.
Speaker 6: And the closet isn't big, it's a small closet. So it's not like Fatty's ghost.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it could be. She said she saw like that, like.
Speaker 6: A like a white sort of.
Speaker 1: Woman with like long you know, like a long silky dress, you know, in the you know, just an image and Fatty did drag.
Speaker 4: There's a couple I've seen pictures online. Fatty was doing some drag in.
Speaker 3: The mood in the movies.
Speaker 6: Could possibly.
Speaker 3: The sentence.
Speaker 5: Drag.
Speaker 1: But I you know what I felt there, and I never felt and other people would say, oh, because when the people would come over, they would say, oh, there's some like oh, it's such a beautiful house. Tell me about it, you know, like, oh, the the closet upstairs is haunted, and it's just not haunted.
Speaker 6: I mean I never felt it was. And then the last person that lived.
Speaker 1: Up there used that closage for her cat's litter box, and so the whole floor of the closet was the you know.
Speaker 7: She slid that litter box in, so, you know, and there was never a ghost after that, but there was always like people wanting to like get drunk and go in the like little secret passageways and stuff, and.
Speaker 1: Really there, that's that's the whole story. Basically there was so.
Speaker 4: Much early shady stuff going on in Hollywood, especially over there. I mean there's that house over there, there's the well, there's the house that they call the Jaws House, that where they they believe the Black Dahlia.
Speaker 3: Was murdered in the basement.
Speaker 4: I mean there's just like yeah, because the guy was a doctor that like would do illegal doctor stuff in the basement, and like there was just like a lot going on at that. There's the Low Speedless Murder House, which is over there too.
Speaker 3: Do you know about that one? Yeah, there's like there's was it well, there's that one, the LaBianca Murder. No, there's the murder House.
Speaker 6: Oh from I think.
Speaker 1: Was it What year was the murder House.
Speaker 3: I think that was more like fifties.
Speaker 4: That was this dentist killed his wife and I believe attempted to kill his children, and then the house set dormant for like years, and people used to like go and like sneak in or like look at look in the windows and see all the old decorations that were left behind.
Speaker 3: And and then it recently was up for sale. It might still be up for sale.
Speaker 4: It's like it's real hard to sell a house that's literally called the Loew's feelis Murder Mansion. But yeah, it's like a real spooky, real story. But wait, were you gonna say something about Trent Reznor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trent Resner lived in one of the manson I don't know if it's lob Yanka House.
Speaker 3: No, it was the Sharon's Haite House when he was recording an hell.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So you never really encountered this ghost, or did you?
Speaker 1: I never saw the ghost, but a lot of people would say that they felt some spirits in some closet.
Speaker 3: Fatty did drag.
Speaker 4: Title of episode, Well, I was thinking maybe we could do a fun little thing where uh and I was thinking about this because we do this every episode. I don't know what I'm saying right now where we listen to ghost voices? Are you down to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, time for EVP or ev please have you heard of an EVP?
Speaker 4: EVP is electronic voice phenomenal. So it's when ghost hunters or anyone really believes that they've captured audio of a ghost speaking. And so I go to YouTube and I look for alleged EVPs and I have my guests guess what the ghost hunter believes the ghost is saying, so I'll play it first. I'll let you make a guess, and then I'll give you some options. All right, first one. This was posted by gas Paranormal and it is at the Burlington County Prison Museum, not to be confused with the Burlington Coat Factory, the Burlington County Prison Museum, which is in Mount Holly, New Jersey. And you will hear the investigator speaking during it. They say, you'll hear a person saying okay, have a seat, But then there's like a ghost speaking underneath and in between the words.
Speaker 3: So okay, what is this ghost saying?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Do you hear that like creepy voice in the background?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you play it again? Is that weird? Do you do that?
Speaker 3: Of course? I played as much as you want.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: It's saying yes, yes, yes, gorge like gorge, yes, gorge.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's gorge.
Speaker 4: It's either like a drag queen or like a beauty influencer or something.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, it's funny because one of the options is similar to that. Is it a uh, who's that message for George?
Speaker 3: Okay? Somebody else for George? Is it b who wants a massage. They're free. That's creepy, is it? C? What am I gonna do? Enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Or D?
Speaker 3: You're gonna like the way you look? I guarantee it. Okay, let's.
Speaker 1: Like the Men's.
Speaker 4: Got is it the ghost of the Men's Warehouse suit guy at the Burlington County Prison Museum code Factory?
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna play it again. Wait, let me do it again?
Speaker 6: Yes, George, that's.
Speaker 1: It, that's what I heard. Ye.
Speaker 3: Do they believe that it's a who's that message for? George?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: See, okay, now let me know that. Let's hear it again. I hear it.
Speaker 1: I do. I don't hear all the words at the top. Oh, I don't hear who's that message?
Speaker 3: Who's that message for? George? Well? Here's one more.
Speaker 4: This one was posted by Joseph Fontaine and it is at the wood Lawn Cemetery in Attleboro, Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: What is it saying? It's a creepier different kind of voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: Do you hear that? Okay?
Speaker 6: Not yet?
Speaker 1: Comedyah, that's what I heard.
Speaker 4: It could be an Olympic watcher. Uh, that is not one of the options I have here, but hey, it could be nobody knows. You know, this person's just making a guess. But is it a taco with eggplant? Which I don't know what that that either? That sounds like a discusting thing to eat or a disgusting thing to be texted with emojis?
Speaker 3: Uh B, I thought I was taken. C talk with me again or D talk to Clay again. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: It's it's talked to me again?
Speaker 3: Right, yes, talk with me again. I hear talk go with egg plants.
Speaker 6: I heard taco a little bit too clear.
Speaker 3: Taco me, egg plants. That's it, which makes sense.
Speaker 6: It's a very logical.
Speaker 3: Huh again, Taco me again. I'll take another talk.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, okay, let's do another thing. I'm just gonna tell I'm just gonna say a bunch of unexplainable things whatever, paranormal, supernatural, and I want to hear your thoughts. Maybe it'll bring up a story for you or I don't know, just whatever. We'll see what happens. What do you think about bigfoot?
Speaker 1: Love love love and grew up in the Pacific Northwest?
Speaker 3: Right, So.
Speaker 1: When me and some friends and actually the guys in the Screaming Trees, another band from Seattle would go out on squatch watches and you go out into the woods and you bring beer and you just sit quietly and do a squatch watch and just kind of look for sasquatch. I've never seen a sasquatch, but they say that they smell really bad.
Speaker 6: And like who came up with that?
Speaker 1: Like like how how?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: I mean, there's there's only I mean.
Speaker 4: That's why they stay away. They're they're conscious, you know, there's self concer They're like, oh well every time we try to say hi, people are like, eh, you smell, so you know what. Never mind, I'm just gonna hide. You're never gonna see me.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, And I just I mean, there's that that footage that it's like the zep Rooter footage, but it's not.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's like that you know that the guy that has that one footage.
Speaker 3: Of the yeah, the famous one, Yeah, the Patterson Gimlin thank you.
Speaker 1: That they're saying like like you haven't you seen like those in search of shows where they talk about how this couldn't have been you know, they couldn't have made this up because you know, and they'll like get out and do like the math figure out that this is real footage of a big foot, and you know we have the the foot they would go out and pour. You know, you've seen those.
Speaker 6: Feet, the big foot feet. You ever seen them?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Like I'm gonna just I'm all in big footage. Yeah, I'm all in and I'm not skeptical believe that it's a there's bigfoot.
Speaker 4: When you were growing up in the Pacific Northwest, did you ever have any ghost experiences or know of any local urban legend ye type places.
Speaker 1: Well, it was you know, Green River was always scary, the green You know that it's the home of the Green River Killer, and that was scary. There's a lot of serial killers from there, so that I actually but you know, as a kid, you don't really know what's going on. And but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember that, Like it took a long time for that to like, I'm no, but I do. I do remember.
Speaker 1: This has nothing to do with the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 6: But I do remember as a kid getting.
Speaker 1: This forty five of a song and I forget exactly a love roller coaster.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, and there's the myth about about this, like.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me that in the song you can hear a girl screaming, and and I was like, what, yes, she was being stabbed outside the recording studio when when we're recording the song, and I was like, oh my gone, and listening to it over and over and over again and hearing that, you know, and actually, you know, it's a song about a roller.
Speaker 6: I'm sure there's someone screaming. But there was all those kind.
Speaker 1: Of like scariness about songs like like Kiss, one of my favorite bands, you know, they were all nights and Satan Service.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a Stairway to Heaven backwards.
Speaker 1: It's like scary, right, Like all those music like scary music things were just like yeah, we're like I like to get scared with that stuff like get out a record and play it backwards and go or like Judas Priest, you know, they think, you know, you know, Satan is my you know God or whatever. There was all those and then that whole the whole Satan thing in the like late seventies early eighties where you know, kids were being you know, told that they couldn't listen to heavy metal because that's what you know, the it's the devil's music, and kids were gonna like become obsessed and start killing other kids that was in loved it.
Speaker 4: Did you ever think about putting like any kind of secret subliminal messages in any of your music.
Speaker 3: No, but I love that.
Speaker 1: Like there's like I forget exactly there's there's certain records if you look at the vinyl, sometimes etched inside the vinyl right near where the label is, there's like messages, you know, like you know, hope you like listening or whatever. Those kind of things I loved. And then like there was always like a secret track on a CD that wasn't very ghostly though, that wasn't ghostly at all.
Speaker 4: That was more you know, the love rollercoaster thing. I have listened to late at night and it scares me so much, and I know that it's not real. It's been debunks, but and like there's the story that, yeah, the lady that's on the cover of the album, they said just happened to be in the recording studio that day and she was stabbed. That or I think the other one is that in the picture she has like a bunch of honey on her or something like that, and it's like it melted her skin or something like that. She's screaming right when they were recording, and they never thought to take it.
Speaker 1: How can you you're a screaming lady, you know, outside the studio.
Speaker 4: But there's also something about like dark side of the Moon during Wizard of Oz, like that is.
Speaker 3: Like creepy to me.
Speaker 4: And it's it's like, it's all cool, but there's something about it that creeps me out. I don't know, I don't I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It's well, yeah, when things sync up like that, it's so that's kind of creepy.
Speaker 3: And you know, yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Actually I did some research because I wanted to see you're from Marysville, right, yes, I wanted to see if there was any haunted places there. And there is a road that people say is very haunted. It's now called Fire Trail Road. It's also called Marine Drive, but it says that it was once called Marysville Pilchuck Road.
Speaker 3: And ooh, some of the stories.
Speaker 4: The most common story this is from only in your State dot com and they say the most common story is that someone who is driving down the road will look in their rear view mirror and see a person sitting in their back seats. But when they turn around the person's gone, oh, did that ever happen to you?
Speaker 1: No? But I mean driving on Fire Trail Road was mostly about going out into the woods to go to some secret keg party. And yes, And it's like a two lane road and it's rural and there's ditches on each side and it's just in the middle and like we're like, this.
Speaker 6: Is like eighty three eighty four.
Speaker 9: So it's like lots of dudes, like you know, muscle cars and you know, somebody's going on a beer run and stuff like there are those kind of things, you know, so you know, like dead.
Speaker 10: Man's Curve like that kind So rom off the road and you know, and all the kids were, you know, not hurt, which.
Speaker 1: Was crazy because the car rolled sixty two times or whatever.
Speaker 3: You yeah, it says.
Speaker 4: According to local legend, the Fire Trail Ghost is the spirit of a man who was driving too fast along the gravel portion of the street. His car went off the road into a swamp or possibly Cummings Lake, and he drowned. Phantom lights have been seen at the crest of a certain hill along the road, appearing as a glowing ball that disappears after thirty seconds. This might be the fire trail ghost warning drivers of the dangers of the road.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, I didn't know that it was.
Speaker 3: Written about, so it must be real if it's on the internet.
Speaker 6: Where did you grow up?
Speaker 3: I grew up in Michigan.
Speaker 1: And ghost experiences in Michigan.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, anything.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm constantly talking about this. There was a place called the Ada Witch where it was also like kind of a hitchhiker ghost where there was like this dark road and some people would say they see this woman and then they let her in the car and then she disappeared, or you just see her glowing walking down the street, or she'd be in a long white gown of course, and then you drive by and go fetti to drag. Okay, wait, I have another couple of questions here. What do you think about the idea of Ouiji boards? Do you ever use a Wigi board?
Speaker 1: Yes? And I remember a neighbor had one and we were playing with it and my mom told us not to because she was I don't know.
Speaker 6: She was like, don't that's not you know?
Speaker 3: Then it was likely that.
Speaker 6: No, I mean my mom, they were my mom.
Speaker 1: Was Catholic, but no, they were just really kind of open about whatever. They were spiritual, my parents people, but not like yeah so. But my mom didn't want us messing around with it. And that made it even more exciting because it was like.
Speaker 6: This is hard, and it was well, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure, and it was I think I remember it happening like on a camping trip and like all of the kids were in the tent and we were moving the and I don't remember any of the questions. I just remember, you know, like, oh my god, it just took by itself, you know those it answered you.
Speaker 4: Moved it, now you moved it. Yeah, what do you think about curses? Do you think that that's real?
Speaker 1: That sometimes I'll consider like my grandmother was from Ireland and she believed in so many superstitions, and so she would tell my mom and then my mom would say to me, you know, if you uh, I don't know, just like if you don't if you don't bless someone after a sneeze, the devil will fly up their nose and they will be cursed. You know, those kind of things. And as a kid, you kind of think, you know it's and then it sort of just sort of kicks around in your in your mind and it's still kind of there.
Speaker 5: So you just just to be safe, bless you, you know, yeah, you just gotta likes well yeah right, Devil's lurking around out energy season, just waiting to get inside of someone.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so there's always those sort of like superstitious things about you know, if you don't do this, this, you know this is going to happen and it I mean, my my practical mind says no, but then there's just still a little bit inside my head that goes just to be safe again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, curses. I've been thinking a lot about curses lately, and I do think that it's possible. But there's because there's just like a lot of things where there's just like the patterns keep happening like the same thing, Like is that a coincidence?
Speaker 3: Some say no, some say yes. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I think I believe in curses, sure, why not? I mean, but I'm also somebody that's like, if you buy this crystal, you won't get cursed. So I'm like get me five of them, like I'm down for like whatever it takes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's like moments in time where things are just not going your way and then you know, and then things pick up and things are great. You know, like you could easily say I was cursed and somehow it lifted. Yes, and now yeah, right, what do.
Speaker 3: You think of UFOs?
Speaker 1: There's like always that time, Like when I was a kid, we would look at the stars and then you'd see like something moving around it.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, you froze. Sorry you FROs You said you're you saw something moving around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like we'd.
Speaker 1: Always say, oh, that's a UFO. Like I love science fiction. Science fiction is like amazing, and I love those stories about UFOs and about other galaxies. But and I have friends that are full on into it, and but and also I have a friend who says they were abducted and what and and do you know Jenny Schnetz, she was like a Calvin Klein model.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she.
Speaker 1: Said she was abducted by aliens. I don't know, We've got to uh, I don't know the details.
Speaker 4: But oh, I'm gonna have hit her up. I want to hear about being abducted. I've been dying to get abducted lately. You would her Actually, have you heard that NASA has this idea of sending nudes up into space, nude nude drawings of humans in hopes that extraterrestrial life will be like hmm and come on, come on down and make some contact or something.
Speaker 3: Did you hear about that?
Speaker 6: And no I didn't, And I thought it was a setup for a joke.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not. I swear to God, it's a thing. Look at I found an article.
Speaker 4: It's from Discovery dot com and it says that NASA revealed this image as part of their Beacon in the galaxy, which is their latest string of attempts to reach other life. This just happened this week, and it's it's not the first time that naked depictions of humans have been sent to space. They did this in nineteen seventy two, nineteen seventy three. It says, quote, the proposed message includes basic mathematical and physical concepts to establish a universal means of communication, followed by information on the biochemical composition of life on Earth. No, no, no, no, there's a bunch of stuff. Anyway, there's nudes included. They're like drawn, they're not like hot, you know, but they're like.
Speaker 6: I want to see what they're sending.
Speaker 4: I know they yeah, but to me, it's like, because it says here people are scared that it's going to welcome them to come down and they could be bad, and it says quote logic suggests. Logic suggests a species which has reached sufficient complexity to achieve communication through the cosmos would also very likely have attained high levels of cooperation amongst themselves, and thus will know the importance of peace and collaboration. Said the team, I don't want anyone haveing my nudes. I don't trust anybody with that.
Speaker 3: I don't care what planet you're on.
Speaker 4: It feels like like they keep trying to send messages and no one's replying. And now it's like, isn't that kind of the predator moved to be like, well, how about a dick pic. It's like I haven't replied to you, like I'm not. Can't you take a hand? Like don't why are you stepping it up to that? God, we are creepy.
Speaker 1: Remember that is that Jodie Foster movie about called Contact, And it was she would hear like just like the most lightest little something and you know, like using these giant like satellite dishes that were the size of a house and.
Speaker 6: And I guess apparently those kind of things.
Speaker 1: Are real where they hear the audio of, you know, some kind of tone or something that's speaking back to us, and so there is something there, but there's never been like who came up with the idea that aliens are. You know, they don't have hair on their bodies, and they have long fingers and their heads that shape seeing them.
Speaker 4: People claim that they've seen them and that's what they've described, or they get abducted there you go.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, I believe in it.
Speaker 4: I don't know where they live, but I think that there's definitely things up in the sky that we don't know what they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, at this point, really it would be that would be something amazing to happen that we would definitely need, is aliens to just show up and we.
Speaker 4: Need a change, like we need like when it's like the eighth season of a TV show and it's like let's get like, you know, a monkey in the cast, Like we need like a shake.
Speaker 6: Up, like what happened to Happy.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know, that's literally what we need to happen to Earth.
Speaker 1: I can't believe yes, yeah, yeah, let's bring space person into the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why not, Well, Patty, I guess that's it. Yes, this has been so so good.
Speaker 4: I know it was so fun talking with you. Now we know your thoughts on some paranormal stuff. If you ever encounter a ghost, let me know. We got to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think I'm gonna be a little more.
Speaker 1: Conscious of it, so.
Speaker 6: That way, maybe that's it.
Speaker 1: It's like you have to put out your antenna and then then it shows up, whatever it is, Bigfoot, Patty Arbuckle's ghost who knows.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, tell people where to find you and and your book. Tell me about your book.
Speaker 6: Yes, there's.
Speaker 1: That. I did a documentary called Hit So Hard with all the archival footage I shot during pole tours.
Speaker 6: And from that documentary, Uh, we did a I did a book and I had help writing it.
Speaker 1: And it's just sort of like the way it was and then what happened and the way it is today and with the recovery through line, because I mean that was a big part of my story, was you know, a dream of becoming rock rock star and playing drums in a band, and then you know, and then but also you know, being a drug addict, and you know that being eclipsing the dream, you know, because that's what happens, you know with addiction is nothing is as important as that when you're in full blown addiction. So that's what the book's about.
Speaker 6: And you can find me.
Speaker 1: I'm on Instagram and yeah and Twitter. Just my name, Patti shemel At.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, thank you so much for doing this. I love your story. I think you're so inspiring. I think you're so cool, and I think you're hilarious and you should stop. Well, you're welcome back anytime, Patty, Thank you so much to Patty Shemel Oh my god, Fatty did drag?
Speaker 3: Is that going to be merch? Fatty dear drag? Ps? That that was his name, Roscoe, Fatty Arbuckle. We're not.
Speaker 4: There's no body shaming. His name was Fatty and he did drag. Thank you for listening. Please subscribe to the show rate at five stars. If you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review, or you could just write something nice on Apple Podcasts or rate it on Spotify.
Speaker 3: You know the things to do. You can follow me on social media. Not super bear normal, but it's still fun anyway.
Speaker 4: I'm at Roz Hernandez on Instagram, at It's Roz Hernandez on TikTok and Twitter. Please tell your friends about the show. Pride Month is coming up. I've got some great lgbt Q plus guests coming at you as we often do. And yeah, support the show with my Patreon picture dot com slash Ross dressfles. Okay, that's enough out of me today. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 3: Okay, back a podcast network