Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Welcome into Leading Off the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. We are presented by Bet three six five. Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets when you use that promo code. Leading Off only with our friends over at Bet three six five. It's the Joe and Bubba Show once again. Here ladies and gentlemen. Really happy to be joining you guys here over the final month of the fantasy baseball season. I think we're on I think it's eight shows left in the year now, so really down to the nitty gritty of the season. Gonna try and answer a couple of your questions, but we do have a really packed show sheet to get through today. I of course am Joel Rico, joined as always here. Bye my good friend Casey Bubba, who you can check out over on Twitter at bead entric Bubba. How are we doing on this Wednesday?
Speaker 1: We're doing well.
Speaker 3: Midway through the week. Baseball has just been full tilt. If you're still playing fantasy with guys doing great against tough options, bad against good streaming options. It's a wonderful time to be alive playing fantasy baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the beautiful thing about baseball, right, because when you think about I guess there are other sports where you can have kind of like niche heroes, but like if you're looking at basketball, like you're never gonna have the tenth guy off the bench be the star. And in football it's not usually gonna be the scrubs, and hockey it's not usually the fourth liners. But in baseball you can get just amazing performances out of nowhere, and that kind of comes where the top of the outline is today with cater Montero throwing a maddox of all people, cater Montero, who's had a really tough season as a rookie. There have been some ups and downs, but overall pretty tough season yesterday nine innings, of course, five strikeouts, three hits, and did not allow a walk. Overall, I think it's encouraging any interest over the final couple starts here that he can build off of this, or anything at all to make out of Montero's start yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's more I'm kind of curious for next season. Like I looked at him last night, seven of fourteen stars three ar in runs or less. The other seven got a little Wonky. You know, it's like, you know, twenty fewer k's in a He's pitch. He's not a massive strikeout guy, but we've seen glimpses of really good things and I think that's something we can build off of going forward.
Speaker 1: Could be a late, late pick.
Speaker 3: Like in a draft champions format or something, but for the rest of this season, it has to be a perfect matchup to get too excited about Cater Montero. And when you're looking at the upcoming schedule for Montero, he has the Orioles this weekend, I'm gonna pass on that one. Baltimore next week, gonna pass on that one. White Sox. The last week could be a fun final week of the season the stream if you need it, but I'll kind of sit out.
Speaker 1: The next couple could.
Speaker 2: Be another one of those you know, random win, you're your season. You'll be telling the story in the offseason. Montero won me my championship because he threw seven shutout against the White Sox. Just one of those random things. I forget who it was with Justin Mason. It was like last year, the year before, I was like Sean Bouchard or some random Rockies player, hit a home run for him in the last day of the season, and then he bought a couple of jerseys, and that kind of thing is fun. Like we were talking about those niche players kind of winning you championships and just doing crazy things. Seth Lugo not such a niche player anymore. He might have been considered as such a couple of years ago, but at this point we're talking about him as an ace, and we probably should be. Yesterday he dominated the Yankees seven shutout innings with ten strikeouts, allowed just three hits. I do worry about trusting him so so much heading into next season. I mean, I think that there are certain players that have just really good years and within that season you can kind of trust them. But I don't know if I want to invest in a guy who's going to be thirty five years old, who has some kind of shoddy supporting metrics. The strikeouts aren't amazing generally speaking. What are your thoughts on Seth Lugo. Should I be more interested than I am? Or am I right to be a little bit nervous to trust him next year?
Speaker 3: The lazy answer, if the price is right, I am interested. We had the same discussion this previous season with Lugo. He had the big innings jump and it was, you know, he's getting old, could he do it? And he's dominated it again this season. It's eventually father time's going to catch up. So I'm going to be like kind of a few steps back. Uh oh, I'm gonna be a few steps back when it comes to uh seth Lugo. But I believe his talent is good. Can you do it for the rest of you know, next season and going forward, we'll see. But I wouldn't pay a premium for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder where that price is generally gonna fall. Is he a top one hundred pick probably, I think, or somewhere in that range one hundred and twenty ish, something like that. It feels it's somewhere in that range. I think it's gonna be a little bit pricey.
Speaker 1: Though he'll be pricey.
Speaker 3: He'll be like a seventh or eighth round pick, probably going as an SP two SP three to certain team, and that takes a certain type of team bill to make that work.
Speaker 2: We did have a brief frozen Bubba moment there out of nowhere. I thought we were gonna do a little bit of a puppet, Bubba, but we are We're not there yet. Maybe we'll get some puppets going on at some point over the rest of the season, but let's pray for some good connectivity. Lugo is an interesting one. I don't think I want to pay premiums, but if he's sitting there as like an SP three to four, I could potentially be talked into it. Yoshinoba Yamamoto made his return yesterday against the Cobs. Looked really good. Four innings, allowed four his and struck out eight, a big number, though seventy one percent of his pitches were thrown for strikes. We firing him up in all formats against the Braves later this week, Bubba.
Speaker 3: I think you have to unless you're like really really cautious in pitching right now, like you're dominating your formats. But he got up to I think fifty nine pitches, so you have probably cruised to close to seventy ish against the Braves. Braves offense has been better, but not consistently great right now. So I love what we saw from Yamamoto. That was outstanding stuff, just throwing the strikes like you mentioned, getting the whifts, the CSW was great, so I would throw them and just hope, like we saw Darbish make a nice jump in his second start, Yamamoto should do something similar.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 2: So thinking about you know we're talking, we're starting to transition into prices for next year a little bit. Yamamoto over seventy eight innings, ninety two strikeouts, two eighty eight ERA one oh six whip. Would you trust him as an SP one in drafts next year? Would you want to have a little bit of security ahead of him.
Speaker 3: I'm always a very cautious drafter, so i'd want some security. But you know, we're gonna see that draft price if he continues what we saw on Tuesday through like maybe two or three more starts this season and then then a couple in the postseason potentially. Yeah, if he continues just you know, building up the pitch count, doing all these things, he's gonna go at a premium where he might have to be your SP one in a draft. I'd prefer him as an SP two, like if you're an early SP draft or like a pocket ass guy. He makes for a great SP two like that, But that's the price you're probably gonna have to pay.
Speaker 1: For him.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing probably in the third round, and a lot of drafts will go third, maybe in the fourth. And that's like in a fifteen team context. So in terms of actual pick, I would imagine somewhere in the thirties or maybe early forties, something like that. I feel like I'm probably gonna want to pay it considering the Dodgers team contact, et cetera, et cetera. But I'm probably on board with you that I'd want to back it up with somebody else who can be like a massive inning z to we talked about the other day. You know, the bes, the logan webs, the guys who are pretty secure going out there throwing close to two hundred innings. Transitioning to some position players, Parker Meadows hit a leadoff home run yesterday. It's all the offense that Kider Montero needed. He really only needed one batter for his home side to take off for him, and it was Parker Meadows. Over the last thirty days, he's been a borderline top fifty Fantasy player. He's hitting two eighty seven. He has seventeen runs and sixteen RBI over just a month, with three homers and four stolen bases, regular reps out of the leadoff spot. I was shocked checking Yahoo waiver wires that he's only on twelve percent of rosters. I think that that's a number that definitely needs to go up. What about you, Bubba, You adding Parker Meadows if you're seeing him out there?
Speaker 1: Yep, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I had some people in my substack asking me like, should I add Meadows over you know, some standard guy CASTI on us or something. I said, Yep, make it happen, like, go get Meadows. The at bats will be there every day. We've seen the power, he's seen some speed, hitting close to three hundred over the last couple of weeks. He's just been awesome and health is there. So yes, I would one hundred percent be adding Parker Meadows. And that top one hundred draft price is going to be interesting if he gets there, Like I think, I wouldn't be shocked if he gets close to top one hundred and one to fifty somewhere in that range come draft season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you factor in, I mean when you're looking at what he does and then you're thinking about the lineup probably taking another step forward. There's a lot of really interesting young pieces in Detroit. I think he could potentially get into that top one hundred ish type of range, and I honestly really think about paying it. It's tricky though. It is tricky because there's not like a big track record that you can look back on, and I'm usually a sucker for a long track record. But I think I'm going to start to transition a little bit more into trusting some of those younger players and taking some chances, like I might take a third round Jackson Curio or things like that nature meadows, as long as the price doesn't get too crazy. I believe in the skills, and I do believe in the Tigers, So he's going to be somebody that I'm going to be pretty interested in. Tommy Edmund a couple of home runs yesterday against the Cubs. He's kind of been excellent as a Dodger. If you look at the last couple of weeks, he's a top forty player, hitting three twenty seven with a couple homers, nine rebbies. He's stole on four bases. Another guy who's below the fifty percent roster rate number on Yahoo is Edmund. A MUSS roster player is he somebody that you're adding and starting everywhere. I know the term kind of gets thrown around a little bit, but he's playing every day in the great lineup, doing great things, multi eligible. I feel like Edmonds should be on more than just forty three percent of rosters.
Speaker 3: Dude was hitting clean up last night against Imonica and took him deep twice, So yeah, he probably should be. I've always been very anti Edmund just in general. It's just for my biases, so it's tough to give a really great answer here. But dude's playing every day. If he's hit in the middle of that order. Probably changes if t Oscar or when ti Oscar comes back. But as long as Edmond's playing every day and hitting in a strong spot, you need to play him right now for the stretch run. Right now, it's all about matchups. It's all about playing time and righting the hot hand. It's not about looking long term right now. So if Edmund's out there, he does fit them well. Plus all that eligibility, Like you said, that's tremendous to try to piecings together with all these guys getting these random He's off right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, between the days off and we got a packed injury report later. It's kind of tricky to set your lineups. But Edmund second base, shortstop, outfield in a lot of formats, like you said, he was cleaning up. And even if he's not going to clean up every day, you know, five to six spot in that order, that's something that's pretty appealing if he's just out there on your waiver wire, the triple eligibility being a huge factor. Lane Thomas is somebody I also wanted to mention he was a drop in a lot of cases when he was you know, the first couple weeks of August, people were seeing the playing time wasn't really there, He wasn't doing much when he was out on the field. I actually picked him up in a couple of fifteen teamers. Was it this fab cycle or maybe it was last weekend because people had really just given up on him. But if you look at what Lane Thomas has done recently, it's been really, really good. He's kind of got his everyday roll back there in the Cleveland order. He's down at sixty three percent on Yahoo. I feel like even in some deeper leagues, like I mentioned, he was available on some fifteen team waiver wires. I'm adding Lane Thomas wherever I can at this point, do you agree, Bubba, that he should be rostered everywhere?
Speaker 3: I'd say deep leagues only for me, still real, just because I'm not like he has gotten better of late one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Not going to deny that.
Speaker 3: So if you want to ride the hot hand like I just said about you know, our previous players, that's fine. I get it, but I'm still not sold on. Like what we saw on the fall from Grace when we went to Cleveland was not good, but Tuning couldn't hit period.
Speaker 1: Now he's heating up again.
Speaker 3: So if you want to think he figured it out, awesome, But I'm going to pass on Lane Thomas except for deeper formats where he should be rusted.
Speaker 2: That's probably a fair analysis. Like the lineup isn't so so great. They're a lot better than last year, but there's still not a juggernaut exactly. You know, if he goes through a cold few days, Let's say you put him into a weekly lineup, he goes through a cold couple of days, he might miss a day. They have shown that they are willing to set him, so maybe I'm a little bit too bullish on Lane Thomas. But he has looked really, really good over the last couple of weeks and did hit a home run yesterday. It was the White Sox. So take that with you will. Let's transition into something that Bubba holds near and deer, and that's catchers, and we'll talk about Sean Murphy a little bit. He had a home run last night. But my god, has it ever been a terrible season. He has missed quite a bit of time. Sean Murphy. We're only talking about just over two hundred at bats, but he's hitting two ZHO nine, yes, sixteen runs this year, Bubba, sixteen runs scored bad.
Speaker 1: It's tough to do.
Speaker 2: I know, it is really tough to do. And another guy, as the add takes over, Brandon Drury is somebody that had been really surprising. It's gotten a bit better, but he has fifteen RBI this season. There's just some crazy numbers that pop out like that. But in terms of Sean Murphy, is he somebody where you'll be buying that dip heading into next year? Because I can't imagine after what he did down the stretch in twenty twenty three, after stinking up the joint this year, missing time that he'll be that expensive. We might get him and catture two type of draft range next season in some leagues. Are you buying that dip or do you think that's maybe overestimating the.
Speaker 3: Diph No, he should be a catcher too. I'm not excited about him that guess. It'll depend on how everything completely unfolds in a draft. But as long as Travis dayrenouds there, that was my biggest concern this year. I want nothing to do with Sean Murphy. They will put two these guys, and Darrenod's actually had the higher level of playing time in this situation here. Plus Murphy the last couple of years has had some goofy injuries, so that maybe there's something going on there with Sean Murphy. So I've just been out on him. I've been trying to preach to everybody even going into the draft season, like stay away from Sean Murphy. It's the price wasn't worth it now. It could be cheaper next year, like you're saying, But if he's in a platoon, and then it it turns into like your Jay's like when it was Jansen and Kirk and all these guys like, what.
Speaker 1: Are you going to do with that?
Speaker 3: And that's just something I tried to avoid. It's not always easy to avoid, but I would try to avoid.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair. I mean, Darnaul is getting older. I wonder how many years left he has behind the dish, but he's outperformed Murphy and it hasn't even really been close. Like I've been rolling with Darnault as a catcher two in some leagues, fourteen homers, he's hitting two forty five. It's not amazing, but it's a hell of a lot better than what we've gotten out of Murphy. So that's it's definitely a factor. Like they have shown that they will platoon these guys. Maybe there's one more year left in Darnaux and that will lead to another eighty game eighty ninety game season for Murphy where he's not all that valuable. I do think are going to be better as a whole next year with some returning pieces. But I think to your point, the price would have to be pretty low if he's going inside the top even two hundred and fifty picks. I don't know that I'd really want to take a shot at Murphy as a late catcher two. I could probably see myself hitting the draft button a couple of times. One more player in the headline section is Riley Green. Two for three yesterday with a couple runs and three ribbys. It's kind of been a great season for him that's come under the radar. I don't know if it's because he's missed a little bit of time, but seventy two runs, twenty homers, sixty four ribbies, four stolen bases, he's hitting two sixty three. He's one of those guys that's just not hurting you anywhere. And like we've talked about, the Tigers lineup getting more and more interesting as the days go by. I wonder how high he's going to be drafted next season, but I think Riley Green is going to be one of my bigger targets on the offensive side as of right now. You interested in Riley Green for next season, Bubba.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Like Riley Green.
Speaker 3: I agree, kind of got somewhat forgotten about it times because he had that big gap of missed playing time in the middle of the season, but been a very very effective player when healthy and hopefully his healthy next years. Compare him and like you said that lineup with Meadows in Green and they got young and these other young bal Victorkals going to me figures it.
Speaker 1: Out, and so many other guys there. It could be a productive situation. So I do like Riley Green a lot.
Speaker 3: I actually like them, probably more than Parker Meadows, So a big fan of that as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: If you look at what he's done just from this year compared to last year, he's raised the walk rate, slightly, cut the strikeouts. The WRC plus has gone from one twenty to one thirty seven, the barrel rates thirteen percent forty six percent hard hit rate. It's a lot to like under the surface with Riley Green, and I really do believe in those Tigers heading into next season. I do think they are going to do a Royals as type of turnaround and potentially compete for a postseason spot. Let's go to the just for fun section. Manny Machado, this one really surprised me. He became the Padres all time leader in home runs yesterday with his one hundred and sixty fourth as a Padre. He passed Nate Colbert, who was a player in the late sixties early seventies. Where you was I mean, this is I don't know, it's not like the biggest of deals. But it just so surprising that in this long but for seventy however long they've been a team sixty seven years, that Manny Machado is the all time home run leader. Did that surprise you, Babba, I.
Speaker 1: Guess a little bit.
Speaker 3: At the same time, if you really really sit back and think about the Padres, Tony Gwynn was their best hitter, not a home run guy. You know, they had like Dave Parkers and wind Fields of the world, but they were never there for long periods of time. They've never really had a guy to sit there for a while to it to hit bombs. So it is surprising because it's been in such a short amount of time that it started like a twenty nineteen, so five years it's all it took for Manny Machado to get there. But at the same time, the Padres history is a little on the rougher side of things. Let's put it that way, like the one of the few teams has never won a World Series. They have some of those things going for him. They get beautiful weather, great ballpark, not the best of teams.
Speaker 2: It's true you know, just thinking about it, like they have Joe Carter for a while, they had Adrian Gonzalez, even tattoos. I'm just kind of surprised that of all the people, it's Many Machado, who has missed a little bit of time here and there himself, but he is the Padres all time home run leader for now. I feel like that feat will probably take that over at some point, but for now it is Many Machado. One other thing and just for fun, Kyle Schwarber, who we will also talk about a little bit later on, is that the single season leadoff home run record fourteen leadoff home runs, passing the record set by Alfonso Soriano. Moving into the rookie lookie, Kumar Rocker is going to make his MLB debut tomorrow. I remember watching him at Vanderbilt and thinking, this guy is and I'm not a big prospect guy. I'm really not, But I remember seeing him at Vanderbilt on those teams with JJ Bladay and being really impressed. A bit of a rocky injury history for him. But if you just look at what he's done in seven starts this year, you know you want to refresh the Fangrafts page, because you think there's something off with the numbers. Thirty six point eight percent strike up minus walk right at double A. He moved at the Triple A and that became at forty eight point six percent strike up minus walk right. We're talking about very small sample size, but Kumar Rockers talent is just through the roof Bubba. Are you trusting him for his MLB debut tomorrow? I never really like to throw guys for their first career starle. He just never really know what to expect. But against the Mariners, I feel like I'm rolling them.
Speaker 3: Yeap, one hundred percent agree. I do not like starting prospects on their debuts, But the Mariners strike out a ton. Kumar's looked amazing. They shared they'll be butterflies and things might get a little wonky, but you mentioned it. Between double A and Triple A sub one er, he's just been electric. And this is the guy, this is what he was before he got drafted by the Mets, didn't sign with the Mets, got hurt, all these things. He's starting to get healthy, figuring things out. I'd be willing to give it a shot. I'm very very intrigued to see how he pitches against Seattle.
Speaker 2: In Seattle too. I wish we were doing a show tomorrow cause I feel like there'd be a strikeout ladder bet there going on. I wonder what they're gonna set the line at, but I could see Rocker going up to like, I mean eight nine, even potentially getting up to ten. Like the Mariners strikeout like twenty seven percent of the time. Considering the stuff that he has, like, it's pretty damn impressive. Let's talk about some of the three ups and three downs. A lot of double dongs in the three up today. Cedric Mullins, who we talked about on on Monday Show as being somebody who'd kind of turned things around, two home runs, drove in three and also stole a base. So he's really really looking good, probably driving that price up to a point where I'm not really gonna love it for next season. We talked about some of our concerns on Monday, But the more he's doing this, you know, you can keep adding a couple of rounds to the price tag every time. Trey Turner also a couple of home runs, drove in four, and Michael Harris three for six with a couple of solo home runs. Any thoughts on this group as a whole Bubba for me? Trey Turner is kind of an interesting one because he's been really good this season. He's been a first round picked the last couple of years, but I feel like with all the talent going up into the first round, he's likely to get pushed down to the second next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Turner's going to get a bit of a drop, So that definitely is an interesting one. He's doing just enough at the end to get people excited. I'm really curious about Cedric Mullens because it went from a guy that couldn't hit, so that's tuning. Now he's hitting second for the Orioles. If you look over like his last two to three weeks, dude's hitting like I think over almost four hundred over four hundred with with homeow speed. He's looking like the guy that went thirty thirty a couple of years ago. So Cedric Mullens is when I'm very intrigued by it. A lot of it will depend on what the Orioles do with their roster for next season and how Cedric fits in that or if he goes somewhere else. A lot of potential. He was a trade target during the deadline, so I'm really curious to see what he's doing because the finish to his season has been quite it's almost it's gonna be like a month long of just great production here pretty soon.
Speaker 2: If you're still seeing him out there anywhere. I can't imagine it's many places at this point, but I'd scoop him up as quick as he can with what he's been doing. Looking at some of the three down Michael Loknfordoh, zero for four with a golden sombrero. Last night, Griffin Canning, Oh, my goodness, nine hits, three walks, three homers, and nine ernies for you if you sided to stream Griffin Canning, that's a bad decision. And then George Kirby five innings with five eurn runs and seven hits. I saw some people on Mariners Twitter. I don't know why they came into my timeline, but just saying like George Kirby has just been disgraceful and awful and terrible and all this stuff hasn't actually been that bad at all. The era is like three six, It's like a one fifteen whip or something like that. I don't know if you have any George Kirby this year, bub Bubba, would you call it a disappointment season just based on how he's kind of ended off here? The last month is an ERA above six. But does that taint the whole season for you? Nah?
Speaker 3: I still had a good season. It's been frustrating. I don't have any George Kirby, but I know some people that really liked him. And the reason he liked him is because of his ratios. That's why you drafted George Kirby. And he's had more of these types of starts like he had on Tuesday than we're used to from George Kirby.
Speaker 1: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: He's not just dominating, like you know, his teammates are pitching like Bryce Miller and Brian wu and these guys are pitching really well. So Kirby's been good. He's just not an SP one right now. He's an SP two, and that's kind of the problem. You drafted him as an SP one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's that's totally fair. I love Kirby, I'll have him all over the place, but you know, considering how poor the offense is behind him, you can't really project as many wins. The strikeouts are not quite there with the rest of the sp ones. They have gotten better, but I think I agree that he probably should be more in the kind of SP two range. Let's take a couple of quick questions. Here we have from the chat, best two for points leagues and Andy Diaz, Tommy Edmund, Otto Lopez, Zach Netto and Xander Bogarts. Baba, what is your gut telling you here? Best two for points leagues?
Speaker 3: I want to start with Tommy Edmond, as we talked about with him. Other than that this is really tight. I'd have to look at matchups some more, but I'd lean lean Xander Bogart, who looks like he's starting to get healthy at the plate. But Yandy Dias and points leagues is always pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tricky group. I really like what zach Netto has been doing this year. I think I might go with Edmund and Neto, but I think Edmund is the clear one, and then the second one is probably a little bit more matchup dependent, Meadows or the Martian. Yeah, Jason Dimingez also was called up a couple of days ago. I feel like I'm going Meadows here. You know he's a a little bit more under his belt. You don't have to worry so much about those early Domingos has like forty career at bats. I do worry about those ups and downs here where Meadows has kind of gone through some of the patches. So I'd go with Meadows, But what about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go medals as well. We know he's gonna play every day. We've seen the track record, we see what he's doing. The Martians probably the better ballplayer, but and he's played his first two games, so that's positive. But there's a lot of question marks still around playing time. Can't get comfortable in a two week span. So give me medals for this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely agree. There one more question. Drop Luis Robert Junior or Adalis Garcia for Tyler O'Neil. I feel like lou Bob is probably somebody who can cut bait with the team is just not playing for anything. They seem fairly checked out. Every now and then he'll have a game where it's like two homers and two steals and then he'll go oh for his next fifteen. But I don't think you really need to be rolling out lou Bob at this point of the year. BUTO, but what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, both are kind of on the outs. I drop Adelease personally, just a strikeout machine. He's bad, really bad right now. So either one I wouldn't argue with that. I drop Adelise either way, pick up Tyler O'Neil. Just pick throw a dartboard to put both names on a dartboard and pick one of them.
Speaker 2: He's been, I mean really good when he's been out there. It's crazy. Is like twenty eight homers and then like fifty three RBI or something like that. It's unbelievable in such a good lineup. But hasn't gotten a lot of help with guys on base when he's been hitting those home runs. But Tyler O'Neil, I feel like there's an MVP in there somewhere. He was ever able to stay healthy, just considering how good he is offensively with the defense, but he's just never able to stay healthy. That's kind of the problem with Tyler O'Neil. Speaking of guys not being able to stay healthy, natural segue into the injury segment. Let's talk about Luis Castillo, who we did mention the other day. We weren't sure where they were going to head with this one, but they put him on the fifteen day IL, essentially ending his season. Is there any situation where you'd hold him bubba or is he a cut in all four mats for you?
Speaker 3: When it comes to Luis Castillo, he is a cut in all formats. You're cutting Louis Casteel. He's not gonna be around for much longer. So yeah, you can move on from that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I agree. He's in all likelihood thrown his last ball of the season. Kyle Schwarber had to leave Tuesday's game with left elbow discomfort. It looked like he injured it diving back to first base on a pick off attempt. Fred Dinger in the chat said that CBS has Schwarber out for the season. I haven't seen that unless it's a very new update. The latest thing I'm seeing is a rotal world update that he's considered day to day. So we'll keep an eye on that one. If Schwarber is out for the season, that's obviously a drop situation. Until we have any clarity on that though. But but what are you how are you taking Kyle Schwarber right now, is he still somebody you're holding on to or with the limited time left, would you just cut eight on him.
Speaker 3: I'm holding on to him till you hear more information. After the game on Tuesday night, they basically said he's day to day. It's a contusion, little hyper extension. He said he's fine. They're gonna see how he feels like. The managers said, they're putting him in the lineup and let Shoorber make the decisions. So I haven't seen anything go to the I L yet. I don't know why you'd be out for the season On CBS, they must be focused on football right now. But yeah, I'd wait until we actually know he's on the IL before we get too aggressive with dropping Kyle Schwarber.
Speaker 2: I blame Frank Gonna. I'm gonna blame it on Frank.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. That's a great place to start.
Speaker 2: Sticking with the Phillies. Jtreel Mudo aiming for a weekend return, dealing with a kneek in tusion. He's been out for the last few games. I didn't even realize how bad it had been for jt Reall Mudo, Babba, do you know off the top of your head. How many stolen bases he has this season?
Speaker 1: I'm guessing like four.
Speaker 2: He has two steals, two stolen bases from Real Mudo. I'm pretty sure Bobby Dalbeck still more bases than him this season, So that one was just awful. I mean, he has missed some time, of course, but is there even any point to hold on to him if he does come back this weekend. Looks like he is going to come back this weekend, and he had actually been turning things around recently, but I don't really know that I'm holding him and hoping that he comes back this weekend, like especially if your championship is this weekend, like a lot of people probably are. I feel like you can move on.
Speaker 3: For him if your championships this week and move on get some Matt bats here for the next few days. Because what I'm really worried about is he was supposed to come back on Monday. Then it's like I he'll come back Tuesday, and then on Tuesdays he won't be back to this weekend. So that was quite the same set back to push him back from Monday Tuesday to Friday Saturday. Now, so who knows he even plays this weekend. So if it's your championship, I'd get some at bats elsewhere and move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some good catchers and somebody in my Patreon, Yes, they were sending me a list of catchers. I think it was a ten or twelve team league. And there's Austin Wells key Bearrawiz in some league. So in those shallower one catch or formats Wells immediately, Yeah, yeah, that's what that was what I said as well. Didn't even have the catcher guru with me and I and I knew what to say. Austin Wells has been fantastic. He might be the rookie of the year in the American League.
Speaker 3: That's he's He's now the favorites of the according to the odds as of Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my sedan Rafael and narrative from earlier the year has completely gone by the wayside. That's not going to happen at this point. Ranald the Lopez, we got an update here from Angelo in the chat. It was on the sheet already. But my update on Rayal the Lopez was that he had to leave Tuesdays start. Just an hour ago. He was placed on the injured list. So I guess that means Babba. Like everybody going on the aisle this time of year, we're saying our goodbyes. If you have him on your rosters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drop him. We were borrowed time already with ray Lo.
Speaker 2: He finishes with a two to three ERA over one hundred and twenty eight and two thirds innings. What a pick? What a pick if you were able to get ran all the Lopez this year one to fifteen, whip, one hundred and thirty seven strikeouts and one hundred and twenty eight innings. So is he now somebody we can trust as an SP two SP three or are we looking at this as kind of just a bit of a miracle type of season.
Speaker 3: It's a long list of people. We have to really decide what these increased innings are. What they are, I still keep them in the SP three column, But not finishing the season on the mound is not always the best feeling.
Speaker 2: Definitely, sam can be said for Ben Joyce who went to the i olbus shoulder inflammation. Obviously he's going to be a drop, But is there anybody clearly going to get the saves there in Los Angeles? Is it Strickland? Is it anybody that you can point to as a priority pick up.
Speaker 3: There, Strickland got him the first time around. There's like three or four guys that are eligible or potential to get it. The real question is how many saved chances will be available over the next two weeks is even worth stressing about. So I'm just not even worried about the Angels closing situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think unless you are just super desperate and you need to get like one or two more saves, and then you can maybe try and speculate vulture save here and there. But like we said with the Rays a couple of weeks ago and with the Cobbs, unless you really really need it, you just stay away unless you want to just burn a bunch of fab and waiver priorities and all the rest of it. A couple more little injury updates. This one should come as a surprise to nobody, but Anthony Rendeaux, for the third time this season, goes back on the injured list, this time with an oblique strain. I believe this was the most games he'd played as a member of the Angels in the season fifty seven, so we're making progress. But he did not hit a home run this year. Oh Man, Anthony Rendeau and just are maybe the worst contract ever in the history of sports. It's definitely up there. It's right up there.
Speaker 1: It's up there for sure. It's bad.
Speaker 3: Someone said he missed like forty six games in his whole time with the Nazi's missed Forgner in twenty six with the Angels.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I'm gonna put him in rankings next year, Like when I do third base rankings, He's not even gonna I could go one hundred deep. I don't know that I put Rento not the list at this point.
Speaker 3: I usually just do top thirties, and I'm pretty sure, just off the top of my head, he won't make that list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so. One last thing on the injuries, Ben Lively had to leave his start after taking a comeback or off of the leg, So we'll have to monitor that one there. I haven't seen any new updates since I put the sheet together but an hour ago, but we're going to keep a close eye on that one. But we have entered into the part of the show. If I can get the banner up here where we talk about the best bets of the Day, Bubba for Wednesday. I know it's still Joey p in the Welsh a reminder of what has gone from the show, but for what is still here on the show, myself and Babba, we're gonna bring you the bets of the Day. Bubba. Let's start with you. What do you got for us on this Wednesday.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to get some some big plus moneis here, So I'm going first off of Cardos Santana over one and a half total basis at plus one fifty five. Gordon's getting the spot start for Colorado. Then that bullpen Carlo Santana's been actually sneaky good of late when deep on Tuesday, so I'll take the heavy odds there and cheating, so I'm going with two PCA ones. Beside, I can't take gold glove defense because that was amazing on Tuesday night. But PCA over the runs hit last time, I'm gonna do it again. I'm two for two with this one. PCA over half a run at plus one seventy. Bobby Miller stinks guys like is not good at baseball, so give me all the Cubs tonight. But PCA over half at plus one seventy. But then I'm also gonna cheat here because i want PCA over one and a half hits runs at RBIs at plus one thirty five, So I'm double dipping in the PCA waters because most of the Cubs aren't plus money, but somehow I see he still is, so I'll take some fun there. So I got PCA over one and a half hits, runs RBIs, PCA over half of a run, and Carlson Tan over one and a half total bases, all at plus money.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody who's changed the narrative around their season more than Pete Crow Armstrong Because I remember doing a show with Sarah Sanchez a few months ago, who's a baseball writer, well known Cubs fan, and we're talking about Peter Armstrong and his WRC plus was like thirty three at the time, and it was a joke at that point what he did offensively. He's a top fifteen Fantasy player over the last month, twenty runs, twenty Ribby's five homers, three steals in a three twenty two batting average the definition of a league winner. If you found Pete R. Armstrong on your waiver wire about a month ago, my bats for the day. Angelo knew where I was headed with this one. With the Matthew Boyd calling the chat. I'm going for Matthew Boyd to record the win today against the White Sox. He's been going deep into his starts since he's returned. He's looked really, really good, and he's also got a great ballpen to back him up. There, you're getting into a plus money plus one twenty for Matthew Boyd to record the win against the Socks. So that is the first bet of the day and the one I feel most confident about for sure, Cody Bradford over two and a half earned runs. I like Cody Bradford a lot, but Arizona really likes left handed pitching, and I feel like, you know, they're gonna probably get to him for a few year. It's minus one ten. I don't think that's a guaranteed thing because you never really know, but the way that they hit left handed pitching and how hot they have been over the last couple of months, really Arizona's like arguably the best offense in baseball, So I feel like a three earned runs against Cody Bradford is very doable. And then the final bet of the day is for Matt Olsen on the total base call. It's at over one and a half against Jake Urban, who has been batting practice for most of the second half of the season. Matt Olsen has really turned the year around, and I think over one and a half total bases. He's got multiple hits in three of his last four games, so I really like that one at plus money. Just to recap, Bubba's got Carlos Santana over one and a half total bases, Pikrol Armstrong over point five runs, and then Pikrow Armstrong over one and a half hits, runs and RBI, all of them at plus money, and then myself Matt Boyd to record the win, Cody Bradford over two and a half earn runs, and then Matt Olsen over one and a half total bases. Guys, go check out bet three six' five with that promo code leading off and get yourself some goodies here as we enter down the. Stretch but the last thing on the docket today is a home run, call and it looks like you might have gone with somebody that you were debating going with the other.
Speaker 3: Day, YEAH i brings stick to Pestering Bobby miller AND i wanted to go with this man on his return TO la On, monday he went deep if someone took that chance on. It But i'm going belly Bombs Cody. BELLINGER i think he goes deep again On.
Speaker 2: Wednesday Fred, DINGER i actually do not have a, board so if you have the updated leader, board that would be great if you could just give me the top couple. NAMES i think With South african g was at the top there for quite a. While but, yeah if you've got the top couple, names let us. Know i'm going with Katl marte, again Targeting Cody bradford. Here it's been a little bit of a rough stretch for him since he has come off of the injured. LIST i think he's or one for, fifteen but in that nice matchup against the, LEFTY i Think katalla is going to get himself back on the board. Here, bubba do you have any final thoughts or any advice or anything before we sign off? Here?
Speaker 1: Uh, NO i.
Speaker 3: Don't it's a full day of, action which is. GOOD i hope guys can continue to grind it and play the hot hands going into the. Weekend as you, know if you're in your head to heads and if you've still got two more weeks of, roto we got you covered as. Well but it's just been. Wild just buckle. Up it's been a rough week and a half if you're in the stream, game a lot of ups and, down so have some fun here In.
Speaker 2: September it's definitely a wild, ride like it is pretty much every single. Year and, yeah Fred dinger coming through in the. Chat South AFRICAN g leading the home run contest at fifty seven and then Be trot And razor both at fifty, One so you guys are gonna have to do some heavy lift in here over the final couple. Weeks South AFRICAN. G it looks like he is going to have that one wrapped. Up even if he doesn't get another home run. Call you could argue it might be wrapped up, already but, guys this show is now wrapped. UP i really appreciate all you guys coming in into the live, chat those of you who listen on the podcast. Side just From bubby, myself we really appreciate you guys continuing to listen to the. Show we know we're not the usual host and how odd it can be when different hosts are hosting your usual, podcast but for those of you who are still, around we really do appreciate. You if, you guys want to help out the, show please do leave those kind ratings and reviews on the podcast, side and if you're listening on YouTube and watching on, YouTube subscribe to the channel like comment do all that great stuff as we fight off the football. Crowd but that will do.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Guys we will be back again On, friday probably on some topics for next week as, well some potential, streamers some two star pitchers and that type of. Thing but, guys that will do. It we'll see you On. Friday until, then take care and have a great.
Speaker 1: Night thanks for listening to The Fantasy Pros Fantasy baseball. Podcast if you love the, show the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review On Apple podcasts Or, spotify follow us on, X, instagram and
Speaker 3: TikTok At Fantasy, pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy PROS mlb