Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Rech is on the phone today for a first day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Kylie. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting and maybe get him a second date. But first, Zach, how long has it been since you heard from Kylie?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's been eleven days.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll tell us a little bit about it. How many times you try to reach out to her?
Speaker 3: Probably sink four?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, when was the last time you hit her up?
Speaker 3: It was, uh this morning?
Speaker 5: Actually, okay, we're trying to understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was like four text messages or phone calls.
Speaker 6: I started off with just like a you know, like a fund up text message the next day, you know, thanking her for a fun night, and then the reply spend.
Speaker 3: I waited a few days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then this morning I did a little See now that I'm thinking about it, it sounds like I'm totally a fault and I sounded weird, but I played a little jazz riff on my harmonica as a voice note and sent it to her this morning.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you like her and that you're making efforts to get a hold of her. So now we just got to figure out why she's not into it.
Speaker 2: Tell us about the day.
Speaker 6: Sure, So we went to this rooftop jazz night, hence my harmonica thing this sent this morning.
Speaker 3: You know, jazz is kind of a.
Speaker 6: Gamble, probably, but she told me she likes vibes, so I felt like that seemed fitting, you know. Okay, yeah, and we had a we had a great time. She she completely dug it. Uh, I'm really into jazz, so I enjoyed it in her company, and then we grabbed some some tacos after it just was it sound like a movie because we like sat on this curb and we're talking to each other with these tacos in our hands, and the moon was out. There's like hot sauce on our fingers. And then she had, you know, she had this this wild laugh.
Speaker 3: It was just made me laugh.
Speaker 6: Every time she locked it would make me laugh because the way she laughed, and uh, I don't know, she didn't the weird stuff like I am, like I collect the old cereal boxes, vintage boxes.
Speaker 3: I just think it's cool.
Speaker 6: You know, some people collect like old matel toys and or like lunch boxes.
Speaker 3: I just don't happened to as a kid. For some reason, I had I started.
Speaker 6: A little collection, and then years later, like I had these really cool old cereal boxes, you.
Speaker 3: Know, which could be weird.
Speaker 6: I'm obviously in the grown adult male and collect cereal boxes.
Speaker 3: But she thought that was really cool.
Speaker 6: She was like respect, you know, and she was asking me about it, and I showed her pixres and I was like, well, you know, she just made me feel good when we kissed also, and it was this for me at least, this adorable moment because we were both kind of awkward, but not not in a bad way, like it was a bad kiss, but just like we were nervous and both kind of like trying not to mess it up, you know, Like it wasn't lustful, it was it was just like everything was like.
Speaker 3: Sweet, and I felt like romantic.
Speaker 1: You really like her, and you sound like a hopeless romantic. Why do you think you're getting ghosted one?
Speaker 6: I'm thinking maybe sometimes obviously women will love romance in the long run, but sometimes at first it can be a little bit of a turnoff. I'm not exactly a metrosexual guy either. I kind of do like the three in one shampoo.
Speaker 2: Okay does she know this?
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean we talked about it because she actually mentioned her ex just briefly, about how he would like moisture his elbows, and she she like likes it when a man takes care of herself. And I was like, I was like, oh, you know is She pointed out, you know, I don't usually I don't use hair gel or anything. I just kind of keep it all natural. I don't work alone either, And I made some little common life some firth.
Speaker 1: Scented Okay, I'm not sure. I'm not sure what that smells like, but maybe that could be it. We'll find out for you though.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date. Okay, all right, so good, all right, we'll get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of today's first day follow up, And if you're just joining us, Zach is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Kylie. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But before we do that, Zach, why don't you break down your date for us one more time?
Speaker 3: Sure went to a cool jazz place. It was the vibe as when I thought was very romantic moments, had tacos on.
Speaker 6: A curb, talked about each other, laughed, felt comfortable, kissed awkwardly but.
Speaker 3: In a sweet way. And I've been trying to.
Speaker 6: Reach out a few times with kind of romantic, sweet intentions and maybe maybe a.
Speaker 3: Little too much. I guess okay, and I'm not your wife.
Speaker 2: She ghost ready for us to call her.
Speaker 3: Geez, okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, I ma, I as speak to Kylie.
Speaker 5: Please. Yeah, this is kind of Kylie.
Speaker 2: How are you? This is the Jubil Show. It's a radio show.
Speaker 5: What's up, Kylie? My name is Nina.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Victoria and my name's Jubel. How are you?
Speaker 4: Oh? I actually like listen to you guys sometimes.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, I'm sweet. Well, guess what, Kylie? We got an email about you from somebody?
Speaker 4: An email.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We do a segment on the show called the First Day follow Up. That's where if you go on a date with somebody and you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting. And we got to email about you from somebody.
Speaker 5: Oh do you know who that could be?
Speaker 4: I think I know it's Zach, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Zach. He said, he'll actually reached out to you today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know. Beenn't getting the messages, okay.
Speaker 5: And you're not responding to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be an act. But yeah, like I ghosted him. I'm not like trying to hide that at all.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us why you're ghosting him?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So we went out and we went to like this roof top jazz like thing and it was nice and sweet, and then we like grab some tacos afterwards, and everything was going great. He was like charming and you know, funny and very sweet too. And then like when we were like eating the tacos, we're talking and then he grabs like a napkin and starts like drawing, and I'm like, yeah, out of nowhere, you know, I think, oh, this is kind of like cute, kind of like the you know in Titanic when like Leonardo is like drawing case and I'm thinking maybe like made me watch that, and you know, I don't know, but you know, that wasn't really the problem.
Speaker 7: The thing is when I looked at the drawing, oh my god, and he keets saying that he's kind of like a little bit of artist. He has like all these different hobbies. But like the way that he drew me, I kind of like looked like a melkit candle, like I had one eyeball like this huge.
Speaker 4: Chin, and I, you know, I don't want to. I thought at first it was like kind of like a funny thing that he was doing, so I kind of like made fun of it. I said, oh my god, like this kind of like a Pacasso the Bastard type of thing. And then he said like no, no, no, no, no, no, you know this is me. Looks don't matter at all, Like you're just a good person and that's what matters. I'm like, who you are you trying to say that I'm ugly, you know what I mean? And so he became like really awkward because he.
Speaker 1: Drew a melted picture of you. You think he called you ugly?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No, because when I made fun of the drawing. He took it like in the way like he didn't laugh at all, and he just kept trying to say like, oh no, you're like a good person inside and that's what matters. And he just kept going and going same things like that, you know.
Speaker 2: Because he's not good at drawing, or.
Speaker 4: You're just saying if I think, like attraction is a big thing, you know, in the relationship, and if he's not attracted to me, like can I go for you?
Speaker 6: I know you guys said to be quiet, but I just I'm I was like smiling so big from this story and then all of a sudden, I'm like, what, no, no, no, that.
Speaker 3: Picture that I that I drew.
Speaker 6: I was just trying to be I guess in my own odd way, deep in a way like it's it was an abstract little thing.
Speaker 3: It's like I draw abstract art all the time. I was trying to say that that I like you for who you are.
Speaker 1: Are you attracted to Kylie Zach thousand percent? Okay, okay, sounds like that was her problem.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that is crazy. I had no idea that that was something. In the moment, it was like some emotional realism sketch. I was.
Speaker 4: I was trying to, Oh, well, do you think I'm like an emotional person, like a tortured person like that, I don't need a man to save me.
Speaker 6: Like, look, if you saw some of the things that I drew, you would get a better idea.
Speaker 3: This was on a napkin. It was terrible, bad choice.
Speaker 6: I think you're beautiful despite all the emotional bluggage.
Speaker 4: Like that is not helping things at all. Now you're saying that I'm, in fact but like a crazy person.
Speaker 6: Like no, I'm not saying that we're all hurt little duck wings. I just want to take your wings and mend them. Oh, Kylie, I'm trying to say, as I see all of your beauty, and I'm not saying that I think you're emotionally damaged. I'm just saying, we all have our own things, and whatever it is that you might have, you are so much. I just see all your beauty, is what I'm trying to say. So no matter what else comes with it, your beauty outshines everything.
Speaker 5: Do you feel beautiful now, Kylie?
Speaker 6: Just because I think you're a beautiful person on the inside doesn't mean and I don't think you're beautiful on the outside. I think you're gorgeous. I want you inside and out.
Speaker 2: Hey, in that case, Kylie, would you like another day with Zach? Will pay for it?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think like understanding and how kind of cute. But he talked a little two months, you know, and the way he explains things is a little unique. But like now, I think I understand that, you know, if he's nervous and and it's kind of cute.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it sounds like he really likes you.
Speaker 5: So I mean, I think that's cute.
Speaker 4: Yes, I I.
Speaker 3: Say, I think, all right, fantastic. I actually already have a spot that I'm thinking about.
Speaker 6: So thank you, Thank you, Kylie. And I promise if I draw you again, I'm gonna go for real. I think this is the beginning of your healing journey, Kylie, and I'm I'm glad to walk the path with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, congratulations.
Speaker 5: Jubile's first date follow up