Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news joining.
Speaker 2: Us now is one of those filers. Twenty one Shares President and co founder Ophelia Snyder. Aphelia, a big week for twenty one Shares, the SEC paving the way for the eventual launch of the first US Ether ets, and then the news that we've been mentioning throughout the program today today the London Stock Exchange debuting that batch of exchange traded notes linked to Bitcoin and Ether. Explain to me the context here. It's sort of where you think we are when it comes to the cryptocurrency universe. What does this moment mean to you at twenty one Shares.
Speaker 3: So there's been a really big change in global momentum over the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: The FCA in the UK moved forward with approving our application for both Spot Bitcoin and Spot e egps on the London Stock Exchange last week, and not.
Speaker 3: Even twenty four hours later, the SEC moved on our Spot application here in the US, which is, needless to say, quite interesting and it really shows there's a global momentum around crypto as an asset class.
Speaker 1: You know, we've.
Speaker 3: Obviously been managing, we've been managing physically back to crypto ATPs in the US, in Europe and also in Australia over the last six years.
Speaker 1: We launched in Australia in twenty twenty two, and so there's.
Speaker 3: Obviously been quite a bit of press recently also about movements in Australia and approvals by X you know, as this.
Speaker 1: Type of issue.
Speaker 3: We've been the first mover in this category for a long time and our conviction that crypto is the future remains as true today as it was then. And really our mission is to build products that would let people like my mom buy crypto and we haven't really deviated from that at all. And the momentum over the last couple of weeks has been really exciting to see and it's remarkable to see such consistency across different markets.
Speaker 4: Well, let's talk about the momentum in the US. As we were just discussing with our Emily's it was quite a reversal that we saw last week when it comes came to really the temperature around US spot Ether ETFs. And again it's anyone's guess when we actually will get the full approval and the listing of these products. But from where you sit right now, what's your best estimation of what that might be.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to say.
Speaker 3: This is very much a day by day, minute by minute process, and that's actually quite unique to the US, and we typically see when any movement happens in a very public way, and that's completely different than the rest of the world, and it can sometimes gives this impression that movement is coming out of nowhere because of just the nature of the way those communications work.
Speaker 1: But people working on you.
Speaker 3: Know, with the US regulators for a long time, and I mean we've certainly been doing that for as long as the company has been alive, you know, more than a half a dozen years now, across different administrations and different regulators.
Speaker 1: I think it's slowly building where we are today.
Speaker 3: It's hard to say, and the emily is, as you put it, are right and to say exactly what that timeline looks like, because you're not falling back on statutory timelines in the same way you do with an itteen before. But I think there's been a lot of really interesting movement and a lot of progress over many years to get to this point. It's not dissimilar in some respects from the conversations that been had around spotpin coin products.
Speaker 2: Hey, feel I want to go back to something that you said just a couple of minutes ago. You mentioned the idea of your mom buying crypto, and it made me think, should our moms really be buying crypto?
Speaker 1: Is that responsible? Is crypto for moms?
Speaker 2: Is crypto for everyone?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, it most certainly is.
Speaker 3: And I have the interesting honor of having been actually introduced to crypto by my mom. So my mom's the one who actually first talked to me about crypto in twenty thirteen, and it's really interesting when you talk to her about why you know this is obviously yes, this is higher volatility than you know, potentially buying debt instruments, But that being said, it certainly has a place in people's portfolios and it has a place for people to make responsible investment decisions in the sector. My mom is a great example of that. She actually gave an interview recently talking about how she got into the space for the first time, and it was really fascinating because the promise of technology and the promise of technology, especially in the context of like multi generational planning and the context of retirement planning, and the context of the planning of your financial life is really interesting and really impactful for people, and so we're really of the belief that opportunity in crypto really is for everyone.
Speaker 4: There you go and your mom obviously being a great example of that. Unfortunately, only have about a minute left with you, but I did want to ask when it comes to us ether, the spot Ether ETFs one way we see options start trading on those funds.
Speaker 3: So we still don't have options actually trading on the bitcoin products.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: That's a separate regulatory process, and I think that's going to continue to move forward as discussions with regulators advance. I would expect to see them hopefully soon, but it's difficult to give an estimate at this point in time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good reminder that we don't have options on those spot bitcoin products. Really interesting since they were very quick to list with the Bitcoin Futures ETFs, not yet with the spot ones. Ophelia always great to speak to you really appreciate your time. That is twenty one Shares president and co founder Ophelia Snyder