Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants you to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boost will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the A really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news. Because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still Oh okay, time to take my financial enviver hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details.
Speaker 2: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 3: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by Colon Guard, a not invasive colon cancer screening test. Currently, colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer related deaths in the US, and it's on the rising people under the age of fifty. But when caught at early stages, colon cancer is survivable in night tenty percent of the people, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer tests add A great, one of a kind way to fill more in control of your colon cancer screening is through the colon Guard test, a prescription based test with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy. The color Guard test is the only FDA approved non invasive option that looks for both altered DNA and blood in your stool, which can indicate the presence of abnormal sales. This test offers convenience and ease of use, and the kit is delivered right to your door. Once you complete the kit, it is returned to the lap and results are available within two weeks. Plus it's affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars, and if you do need a colonosophy as a follow up, most insurance plans cover that as well. So if you're forty five or older and at average risk, ask your healthcare provider about screening for colon cancer with the Coli Guard tests. You can request a col of Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com, slash podcast I. The Coli Guard test is an tended to screen adults forty five and older at average risk for colorectal cancer. Do not use the Coli Guard tests if you've had atonomas, have inflammatory bio disease, or certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family history of colorectal cancer. The color guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopy in high risk patients. COLI Guard test performs and adult age forty five to forty nine is estimated and based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older. False positives and false negatives can occur. Col of Guard is available by prescription only. Hello, thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. As the Denver Nuggets ran away from the OKC Thunder by the score of seven.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Nightcap, brought to you by Boost Mobile.
Speaker 3: Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network. Today, y'all know me your favorite Hinna Shark, the Liberty City Legend back from vacation in the Dr Bengal Ring of Fame, Arno Reed the pro Bowler.
Speaker 2: They all pro.
Speaker 3: That's Chad oh Josenko Johnson. Please you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys for being so gracious to us and supporting us. Hopefully we'll get your continued support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier we do have it in stock. If you cannot fight it in a city or state near you, we are coming to a city or a state near you. I'm in Illinois, then I'm in Hartford, and then I'm in Maryland. I'm in Atlanta, I'm in Savannah, and then I'm in Charleston. Guess what, Arizona. We have distribution in Arizona, New Mexico. So we're gonna be in a city or state near you. But if we're currently not in a city or state near you, reach out order it real shipping directly to your or Please drink responsibly and please stay safe. Make sure you check out my media company on all of its plate platform excuse me, chay Shape Media, and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Everything has been restocked and we just dropped our Super Bowl Show shirt and hat bundle. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Supplies are limited. Once they're gone, they are gone. Oh Joe, there's a lot of NFL news that happened today because the new year starts tomorrow, and we're gonna get to that in a bit. But we've got to talk about the Denver Nuggets got their got their get back tonight against the OKC Thunder one seven. The Nuggets scored one hundred and forty points. They shot sixty one percent from the floor. They shot fifty six percent from the three all seasons worse allowed by the number one ranked defense in KFS at koc Ok se Yo Kich went off thirty five points, eighteen rebounds, eight assists. Jlen Williams left the game with a strip strained hip, and uh it showed. Look, Shaye is gonna win the MVP, and he should. But make no mistake, the best player in the world is Nicola Jokic. Nicola Jokic is the best player in the world. And it's not close. It's great as Shaye is. Ain't nobody seeing yok O Joe? Can I ask you a question you may certainly, Matgine, This is kind of really don't make no sense to me.
Speaker 1: Now, Now, if if Sga is the MVP, what you consider Jokics the best player in the world right now? How does that go? How does that even go hand in hand? In general?
Speaker 3: Because the best player doesn't always win the MVP. Lebron James is the best player for a decade he only has four. Maybe longer and he only has four MVP. Michael Jordan's same thing. Oh, that doesn't necessarily always equate. You look at how well a guy's play. The best player on the OKC is Shae. Look at their record fifty three and twelve, the number one seed in the Western Conference, and so basically it's him, Yoke Jannis. We'll see what happens with Lebron, maybe JT. But when you look at the numbers that Jokic is putting up twenty nine points a game, twelve rebounds a game, ten assist the game, he's gonna average, He's on pace to average a triple double.
Speaker 2: He's the best player.
Speaker 3: I get all that what y'all saying, Chad, I hear, and Shaye has been phenomenal leading the league is scoring.
Speaker 2: But Shae is not a better player. Giannis is not a better player.
Speaker 3: J T is not a better player, Luca, Lebron, whomever you want to throw him.
Speaker 2: Occasion on the the the equation.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, the best player in the NBA, the best basketball.
Speaker 2: Player in the world is from Serbia and he's the Kola Jokic.
Speaker 3: Are you are you sure about that? About one thousand. Categorically for certain. I've never been in I've never been sure by any more thing in my life other than my first born. She looks just like me. I've never been sure anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, based on based on your giving me a better understanding and context, context, and how most of the time the best player doesn't actually with the MVP. I'm gonna have to agree with you in a sense. But what she is doing this year is phenomenal, phenomenal the reasons why they're first and had the record that they do, and statistically on both sides of the court, offensively and defensively, they're at the top top three at almost every statistical category. I would kind of put him up there with Joker as the best player in the NBA, but you think Joker is.
Speaker 3: Instead Yoki's hands down the best players.
Speaker 2: It's not close.
Speaker 3: That's not to take that's not to take away from Shade and what he's doing. He's gonna be a unanimous first team All NBA selection, and rightfully so. I believe he's gonna win the MVP, and rightfully so. But I believe two things can be true. I believe Shade deserves the MVP. He's earned that award. Niccola yoki is the best player in basketball. Now you dribble a braasketball and you breathed oxygen. Niccola Yokic is best. That's all I'm saying. And he doesn't. That's not a knock on Shae. I mean there are guys that wont MVP. Look Carl along with MVP. It wasn't better player.
Speaker 1: Than Michael Jordan. What are we doing here? He wasn't.
Speaker 3: But his Look at his team's record. Look at the numbers that he put up. Yeah, Brod check this out.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you if Shade them didn't have this record, Let's just say they was tied with Yo Nim Yoga would win for MVP even a five year span because the numbers. Look at his numbers, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: Twenty nine, twelve, and ten, and he's shooting fifty seven fifty eight percent from the floor. He was fifteen or twenty let us think in fifteen or twenty one of two from the three point line, cause he's shooting down there fifty percent. For what are you shooting on for the three this year? He just doesn't tell. I don't know if he takes enough to qualify.
Speaker 5: Ah, he's shooting forty three percent from the from the floor. He shooting from the three, he's shooting fifty seven, fifty seven, fifty eight percent, fifty seven almost fifty eight percent from the floor.
Speaker 1: He shooting forty three percent from the three point line. Yeah, but that's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: They didn't know.
Speaker 3: If take this away, Shade's going to win the MVP, right, I guarantee you if you poll all the GMS and ask him, I bet yo wins is thirty teams, You got thirty gms, He's gonna probably win twenty eight to two, twenty seven three as the best player in the NBA. It's not close. Don't knock on nobody, right, it's not. But tonight he showed you what he's capable of. And then he had his He had this guy with him, a Murray eleven of twenty two three or seven thirty four they had.
Speaker 2: They only played.
Speaker 3: They only played eight guys six something scored in double figures. The seventh guy had eight points and he only played eighteen minutes. Everybody scored the touch the court ex except one guy. What was what was shake stat?
Speaker 2: Lat Night?
Speaker 3: Shane had twenty five He was eight or fourteen, three or seven, six or six. Uh if plus minus was minus eighteen, Chet Hunger was minus twenty. Lou Dort, who led him and scored, was minus eight. Isaiah Hartin's stein was the only one that had a plus. No Jalen Williams had a plus, but he left with about fourteen at fourteen minutes in the ball game five or ten, one of three. Look, you're gonna have one of these games, oh Joe, You're not gonna be your Look, I don't care the best defense. Look at eighty five Bears.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember that Monday night massacut that Miami put on their ass enough, I'm old enough to remember that they beat the brakes off the Bears and the and the Orange Bowl back a y four.
Speaker 3: Go look it up on that money night and look with Dad Marino and them dead to him. So you're gonna have a bad game. You look at what happened to us we played that defense that year. Jimmy Smith dropped down there, three hundred yards receiving on us in three times down fifteen ninety one.
Speaker 1: That's when Dwayne Dwayne starts something out there.
Speaker 3: Christ mc kellen, you're cutting. He cutting everybody ass it didn't matter. You get it, I'll cut your no, now you go back over there. I don't have him up.
Speaker 2: I don't want no more of these problems. I remember what it happened.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Nikola Jokic averaging twenty nine points, thirteen rebounds, eleven assists, so he's third in scoring, third in rebounding, second of assists, eleventh in field goal percentage. Shae is first in scoring get thirty three points seventy six and rebounds five point one, sixteenth in assists six point two twenty fifth in field goal percentage. I mean he about to become the second guard. I think Michael Jordan did it. To score thirty on at least fifty percent shooting as a guard, it's crazy. That's crazy efficiency. I'm talking about crazy. I mean, can think about it. Only two guys I've ever done it in the history that played the guard position. Now, there have been bigs. Obviously, if you're big, that's different. You're not taking the outside shots like the guard is. But for Jordan to average thirty and shoot fifty percent from the floor and Shae held daminite shooting fifty three percent from the floor, he's had a phenomenal season and to watch the process and watch how he've gotten better, better and better better every single year. Now, I'm not saying that if you work hard, you're gonna be able to have a meteoric rise like him, but it's just hard for me to see not a player not getting incrementally better if he works.
Speaker 2: Now, are you gonna take that leap like he's taken? Probably not, but you'll get better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was always was already in him though. Uh. You even got to understand that the player players are different regards to what sport you play. When you work hard, if you already got the talent and you add that we're working hard, that's when the leafs and bounds happened in your game. Like that.
Speaker 2: You look at Lebron, look at Jordan, look at Kobe.
Speaker 3: GUIDs are a mentally talented but are equally as hard working.
Speaker 2: So now you combine the talent with hard work.
Speaker 1: Hey, elevator elevated the heights unknown.
Speaker 3: Yes, and sometimes if you work hard, you don't have to be the most talented. Lard Birry wasn't running, No, wasn't leaping out of the gym. He wasn't the fleet is the foot but he'd tell your ass up. Same thing with magic.
Speaker 1: Magic.
Speaker 3: We had never seen anything like magic. We never seen a guy a six nine guy. You a power forward or you a center. That's what the sixth nine got. He's the same height as as mister Russell six nine. He's playing the point guard. So now you got a little six foot guards trying to guard him. Hell, he looked right on the top of them, put a hand up in his face. What put what a head so he could see over the.
Speaker 2: Top of the defense.
Speaker 3: This was a great game, obviously, OKC that played just played have an unbelievable performance the other night.
Speaker 1: This was a back to back, right, Yeah, they beat they played last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they beat the Nuggets in Denver and then yeah with that game in denro.
Speaker 2: Was it or was it in okay See? Was both an OKC.
Speaker 3: Okay, But Yoki gets this revenge. The Nuggets get back on the winning track. One. They scored thirty for They had sixty seven points at the half. Wow, okay see had seventy three at the half. Yeah, and then they get and then the second half they gave up seventy three second half points to the Nuggets while they scored fifty four second half points. That was the difference in the ball game and that's why they ran away with it. The number two seeded Lakers without Lebron James lose to the twenty two nets l They dropped to four in twenty three are now the third seed in the West. This is especially costly lost considering their upcoming schedule is three back to backs in eight days. They're a half game behind the Denver Nuggets for two and a half game head a Memphis for four.
Speaker 2: LA is in Milwaukee on Thursday.
Speaker 3: JJ said there's a low level communication game for the Lakers. He said that being shorthanded isn't an excuse. We just don't take. We just don't We just wanted to take shortcuts, just shortcuts. You want to be a good team in the NBA, you want to win, you have to do the hard stuff.
Speaker 2: I agree JJ.
Speaker 1: I mean when JJ says you have to do the hard stuff, what exactly is the hard stuff he's speaking of?
Speaker 3: Because when Lebron do everything, you gotta rebound, you got to box out, you got to get loose ball, you gotta make the extra pass.
Speaker 2: You can't take a shortcut.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, this seems to be easy, turning the ball, careless turnovers.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I understand, I understand that. But they've been playing well all season long, and well obviously when Luca got there, all of a sudden, Lebron is out. Not everything is magnified, and they taking shortcuts. Well, they weren't just taking shortcuts two nice ago or three nights ago or four nights ago before when it was winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, Luca did not shoot the ball well again, eight of twenty six, three of ten, five turnovers, Austin Reeves didn't shoot the ball well three or fourteen. Alex Linn, he got great cardio in thirteen minutes, zero points. He would just say you do hey, he was just getting his cardio in. So you know, guys normally after the game that didn't play a lot, they didn't normally get on the bike.
Speaker 2: They're getting the leg.
Speaker 3: Get some cardio in. Alex Linn got he is in. He just happened to play thirteen minutes and they ain't give you nothing in the stat sheet.
Speaker 1: So now you see what I mean. Now see what you just said right there? You rated all four players, right, Yeah, that didn't play well, didn't shoot well. But JJ said it's about cutting corner is a hard work. How about you just I mean, it's clear as they would really happen, it's clearer today. But I'm assuming as a coach you really can't say that you can't be.
Speaker 3: On sometimes, oh Jo, sometimes even when you're not playing well, you could overcome not playing well by playing hard.
Speaker 2: That's what he's saying.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's that's that's a good one. I like that. I like that, But I don't think without them having Lebron and Luca playing is out of okay, not not playing up the par Even if you even if you did play hard and did and didn't take any shortcutse you wasn't winning that game to night because it's not enough. It's not enough people to happen.
Speaker 2: They had a twelve point lead, don't yo, And what happened to the twelve point lead?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: What happened was you kept filing, You kept putting the ass on the free throw line.
Speaker 2: They shot thirty free throws, you shot nineteen. Yeah, you put it. You on the road, and you let a team I shoot you by eleven, you're probably gonna lose. I mean they shot them. I mean the Lakers will.
Speaker 3: I mean they shot better from the floor, they shot better from the three, they shot better from the free throw line. It was close in rebounds. I mean no, they gave up sixteen offensive rebounds.
Speaker 2: For you this week.
Speaker 3: That's the hard stuff box out. You think the ball just go bounce to you. No, this was a game that they really needed to win.
Speaker 1: O yo.
Speaker 3: Because think about it, they got Milwaukee, they still got the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: They got the Nuggets twice. Yeah, and you're gonna space these teams without Lebron.
Speaker 1: Right, so they dropped you say they dropped third.
Speaker 3: They went from their third that half, gave back a second their have gave in front of Memphis for four. Yeah, and you're gonna be without Lebron you basically, So I'm gonna here on the side of caution. They say he's gonna be out a week, I'm gonna keep hi my two weeks because I don't want him to reinjury. We're about five weeks away from the postseason. The last thing I want is Lebron living into the postseason because I know we got no chance. But you just got to do all the thing you gotta do the small stuff, right, especially when you down one of your best players, right. I mean, like I said, I said this at the time of the signing, I don't know why you signed to Alex Linn. Y'all should have y'all should to say, Sacramento, we're gonna keep you chipping a couple of dollars because we don't want him to come here. That's when has anybody said, you know what, Alex Linn might be the missing piece.
Speaker 2: He might be a good role player, he might be a good backup.
Speaker 1: I mean here in the NBA for a reason. Now Here in the NBA. Hey, look like you said all the time, he tall sometimes listen sometimes that's all to take. Now, Yes, if we can get it, if we if we can get him to play, play what the saxophone likely look? Come on now, you just out there waiting a roster spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like j.
Speaker 1: No disrespect to young bull.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm bro I'm just saying, gave Vincent. Gave it to you tonight. He's starting to shoot the ball really well. In the twelve from the floor, six to nine from the three, two or two from the free throw line. He led the Lakers and scoring with twenty four Luca played forty one minutes. He's scoring twenty two, but he took twenty six shots. Nah, you could never have fewer points been shot attempts. That's not good.
Speaker 2: Austin Reeves only had three more points that he had shot attempts. That's not good. Y'n't connect had one more point point than shot attempts. That's not good.
Speaker 1: M hm hm.
Speaker 2: And I said this again in all sincerity.
Speaker 3: It's hard for me to see a scenario that Alex lidd is better than Dwight Howard, even at the age of thirty eight or thirty nine.
Speaker 2: I just don't see it.
Speaker 1: Well, United, they not bringing anyone older the game. The game, the game itself is a young man's game. So even though Dwight House is big that I'm sure they could use, they just rather not do it. And I think I think there might have been some some rift if I'm not if I'm not mistaken seeing it earlier. You know, with with with Dwight Howard had an exchange of words with with with somebody, but when it was on the Lakers, which is why he's not there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no exchange, no words. I got to sange word. You want to go you want to go. You want to go, and to go farther than the first round of the playoffs. That's the word.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the word, but words, Hey, further than the first round.
Speaker 1: If the Lakers really knew what they needed, you know, you know where they really could have bought in.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah to me?
Speaker 2: What man?
Speaker 3: You holding the ball like you a nineteen fifties basketball player, man putting that ball out for.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't don't. We don't worry about how I'm holding this ball. Is about where the ball gonna go once I get to the hoop.
Speaker 2: Nowhere. You ain't go out in the basket.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, Well, when I was in high school, I I averaged a triple double. Man, that's not that's what we're not gonna do.
Speaker 3: A triple single, A triple double, hey, a triple double, triple double?
Speaker 1: They say you had quadruple double? Hey, man, listen six A class six eight MINDI b C. I avered forty two points a night. To talk about, man, Well, I used to be out there man like now, listen, I was like a mixture Jamal on rebounds to assist six files. Hey, I was a mix of Jamal Murray and Kyprie Irvan. That's what my package looked like. Yeah, I gotta yeah, I got, I got a package. Now ask about me, mercy, ask about me.
Speaker 2: A mix of X lax and feeding men. You were some.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. I'm telling you what I would build different. Man, you thought I was born in New York. The kind of handles I had. Yeah, that's that's what you said. Tell me, boy boy, you from you shoot you from mine? I said, yeah, but you play that one of them boys off a rock a park. I said, nah, like I just that. Oh Joe, you did not play basketball in high school? Who I played soccer? I'm saying my basketball, I know, but listen to me, my folk, my focal point was soccer. But I'm just saying that's how good I was an athletic. I was where I could try it translate, you know, nice to skip skip class and go to people pee class and play basketball.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you can't play basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm listen, man, It's one thing about me. I lied for you before. I lie to y'all. Get me.
Speaker 3: You're just lying now, nah, I mean you aren't really talking to nobody in particular.
Speaker 1: You just lie. I take pride in my craft.
Speaker 2: What back? And jeez, that's the only craft. That's the only craft I know anything about that.
Speaker 3: You would know about all that other stuff you talk about old or nothing about that?
Speaker 2: Hey, what you're talking about? Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: After tumultuous Aaron Rodgers era in New York, has made it clear and decisive and somber decision with a high upside player on a low cost deal, the Jets signed Justin Fields to a two year deal forty million dollars with thirty million guaranteed. He was celebrating his new deal in Dubai with Michael Parsons, Kyle Pists, and Bjon Robinson. Fields is expected to be the Jets opening day starter ahead of Tyrod Taylor. Fields would be reunited with Garrett Wilson, the Turor teammates for two seasons at Ohio State nineteen through the twentieth. Fields was drafted number eleven overall in twenty twenty one, nine spots after the Jets selected Zach Wilson, who was replaced by Rogers and traded last offseason. He was in Denver last year. Now he's in Miami on a one year deal fully guaranteed to back up to it. Oh, Joey, Yeah, what do you think about this deal? Just now we know definitively Justin Fields is not going back to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: He's in New York.
Speaker 1: So you like this deal? Yeah? Absolutely, I like it. I like if Justin Fields deserve a chance to start, He deserve a chance to start somewhere. If it wasn't Tona be in Pittsburgh. Obviously, Mike Tomlin had promised Russell Wilson's a job. He came in, took the team to four and two, then Russell Wilson took over. We know what happened. The bottom fell out towards the end of the season. Justin Fields doesn't come back. He was on a one year deal. He's now going to the New York Jets. Now, the New k j had their own problems. One of the problems that they did have, but that they think they solved is a quarterback position. In bringing Justin Fields in, I'm hoping, I'm hoping things go in his favor and they continue to put pieces around him so he can succeed at what he does. Having Garrett Wilson, for one, a step in the right direction, thinks in the officer line for two is another step in the right direction. You have Brits hol and take some of the pressure off of you when it comes to running the ball. You can also catch the ball out the backfield. Outside of that, the defense, maybe they can get back, hopefully get back to what they once were, not last year, but the year before when they were top three at almost every statistical category when they played. Hope they can get back to that. And I'm happy for justin fields and that's not now. The owners is on you. The onners is on you. You wanted, you wanted a chance to be a starter. You wanted a chance to be able to prove yourself. Now you got it. And not only do you got it, now you got it in the best place to play, the best market, the media, the world is watching. You're gonna be on TV. Everything you do is going to be magnified, you know, So the pressure, the pressure gonna be on a little bit now and it's a big apple later.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Also, you know who the backup was under Rodgers who played better at spots when he got into Rodgers, Tyrod Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know tyro Ty Robin will have been around for a long time now that's what that's what understands. Hey, that's one joke on You can put him on all thirty two teams. He gonna get what you need every time he stepped in there, every time he stepped in there. But for some reason they don't view him as a starter when he actually is. That's what it should be.
Speaker 2: He played really well. Remember he started in Buffalo. He took him to the playoffs. Oh yeah, yeah, and then he goes to San Diego. He gives he had a college and injury suffering in the preseason. They injected and they end up piercing the lung and he collapsed his lung.
Speaker 3: So now justin Herbert starts. Now Herbert plays well, he never gets the job back. So now he's been a backup. He was a backup at New York, played better than Daniel Jones, got went to Jets and played good. So he's played well when he's been given an opportunity to.
Speaker 2: Oh and he was.
Speaker 3: Also a backup in U in Baltimore. Yeah didn't he back up like?
Speaker 1: Oh and he did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait what year was this?
Speaker 2: But he was on that super Bowl team?
Speaker 1: Oh right, Rod got a ring too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's where and he played, you know, in back spot duty playing well, he goes to Buffalo. So he went from Baltimore to Buffalo, to the Chargers, to the Giants to the Jets.
Speaker 1: Now where was he at when they had the issue with the lung with the puncture lung the Chargers? Now did he purposely not fout any type of action?
Speaker 2: Soonce think he did file agreements. I think he did file agreement because that's tricky because you want to get deepen up in there and put the medicine in there, and the lungs are right there. The lungs are right there. You have to be cautious.
Speaker 3: Now you're talking to somebody that shot that that shot his ribs up because he had like rib cartilage. So it's a very delicate process. And it happens. It happened. It's happened.
Speaker 1: But you know what I would thinking about too when I just thought about it. You have to be careful a little bit, I think if you have an issue like that, especially where the doctors are responsible doing something wrong to you. But I always thought, as a player, if you file suit and you win, you know the NFL are gonna play with you no more.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get that.
Speaker 3: Oh so he said, probably a cost of a starting job because they pay your salary.
Speaker 1: Now you know what I mean. You see what I mean.
Speaker 6: But uhuh yeah he sooner, he so yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it happens. So I'm congratulating. I'm happy for Justin Fields. I ain't gon back to the Pittsburg y'all ain't gonna turn me loose. Y'all, y'all will come in here, y'all want to do this little stuff like that. Play to the defense. Don't take any risk. The last time they took risk is when they had Big Ben.
Speaker 1: They allowed Big Bend to play free. Well, hold on, now, you got to understand when big big big Ben had at his disposal to be able to play free. They they ain't got nothing like that around.
Speaker 3: But early in his career, even when he had weapons, they it was a defense. They run the bus, they ran Willie Parker, and then even when they got Levey Yon, they still was an aried out type of a football team because they had all of those receivers. They had Mike Wallason, and they had the Sanders, and they had the Adds. So they had a nice collection of talent at the wide receiver position. Nah, I'm not saying, and none of the guys, so I don't want people to misconstrue this. None of the guys that's played quarterback are comparable to being, so we know what being represents, right. But all I'm saying, I mean, I think Ben has the most five hundred passing games in NFL history. With that being said, at the end of the day, O Jo, you gotta let me throw the football, bro. Yeah, this is two to twenty twenty five. This ain't nineteen forty football where we run the ring wing tee.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You wanta backs want to throw, Receivers want to catch, running backs want to run.
Speaker 3: Edge rushers want to rush the quarterback. So you gotta let them do what they were meant to do, right, And so look, I'm sure you're gonna take you try to take advantage of fields legs.
Speaker 2: They're too dynamic for you not to. But you gotta let him throw the ball. Oh, Joe, I ain't talking about No damn fifteen times a game, What Dad, you expect the man to do?
Speaker 3: Go fifty, go twelve or fifteen for two hundred and twenty yards three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Come on that. Yes, it's all about understanding your player strengths, ununderstanding understanding your player strengths, understanding your players weaknesses, and plan to a strengths, play to a strengths, and try to come up this weakness by doing other things using other people. Right is easy. There's a reason. It's letting people on the goddamn field.
Speaker 3: Yes, everybody have the responsibility you like to move to the Jets?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Hell? Yeah, but one only because Okay, I got a Greese Hall behind it, right, and you mean to tell me I got it? I got a gangster and and Garrett Wilson out there too. Now I don't I don't know what the rest of the receiver corps look like, but I know I could count on five.
Speaker 3: They might go, they might get a receiver, they might tell an offense a lineman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know I can count on five. I'm scra I'm screened.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, how much pressure do you feel is on Justin Fields to show that you know what out on capable starter in the NFL?
Speaker 1: Yes, not only is the pressure on him, Not only is the pressure on him, Look what the hell he win the play at that make the presures times ten. True, but what you can't do, you can't be gunshot. But but it all started here, it all started. You better listen. You wanted it, now you got it now only did you get it? Now you got it on the biggest stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, all all jet justin.
Speaker 1: I ne gonna see I know you got there in Dubai and enjoy yourself. You know I always been a supporter. Man, we need to go to Dubai. Who who are you? What what I thought? I'm going? Listen, We're going somewhere. Started with it dead. It ain't Dubaye, It's called d R. Yeah, uh yeah, yeah that's what Hey. Yeah, can y'all build up played Dubai O Joe Dubai. Hey, I see you when we leave it. I see you at the airport, O Joe in six days. Man, you can't turn me losing to d R O Joe. Oh no, listen, listen, I got somebody gonna take care of us. Not I got because I was gonna be out like a scout of the new route. Listen that we got the villa. We got, We got the villa. The guy got in the villa for ten bedroom. Now you ain't got to stick with me. Now you can be in the villa next door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want my own villa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get your own ten bad, you get your own chef, get your maid, your villa killer. Oh yeah, oh yeah, most definitely softer, your own maid. Yeah. Oh yeah, you got your own maid. And they got somebody to cool too. Yes, it's you get your own personal Oh I got everything. Hey listen, they laid it out. Then you get your own got your own boat to now. Now I got a friend. I got a friend of mine out there in the d R and poop the can and naming Jeff give me now, Jeff take care of me.
Speaker 2: Trouble trouble buble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, sir, yes, sir, Jeff got a menu. Yeah me. You know when you go to McDonald's, you go to Burton King, Yeah, one through ten and what you want to pick from?
Speaker 2: Now about what going takes saying to the beat, o Joe, no.
Speaker 1: Boy, Hey what you know what? Hold on? Let me hold on? Yeah, we at church. I'm excusing myself.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, chat, I bother what going take san to the Hey okay, joy, let me get before.
Speaker 1: I ain't get the old joke. I'm I'm I'm gonna tell you one thing. I'm gonnaell. I'm gonna tell you one thing. I don't know if you ever been to the d R. I have been. I ain't been.
Speaker 2: Uh uh.
Speaker 1: And it ain't no point in taking sand to the beach where the sand is already there. Nah not listen, I might just stay on home ship. Yeah, oh there, it is all right. You're about to get in trouble. Let me slow down. Okay, I'm gonna slow down a little bit.
Speaker 2: Nobody, no nos, the trouble. Hey, hey, hey, I'm doing all this lying. Actually, I had my kids all weekend, man, all week man.
Speaker 1: All week Do you have the kids out there?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I had all up with me.
Speaker 2: Oh babe, I'm not going with no kid.
Speaker 1: I might come back with it for you. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if you like, what if it is what you said it is, I leave with not.
Speaker 1: I leave with three. I can't with three lead with five. I'm just basing everything off of using my peripheral vision. So I was with the kids and then the family I was. I was on on daddy duty time making sure they enjoyed theirself. But I got eyes to I got eyes I got, I got two of them. I'm allowed to use her and then based on what I saw. Based on what I saw is different. It's different. Let me have it. We have a Dominican community here at Miami, but actually being in puta Khan and being able to see it for yourself, it's different. I don't know how to explain it. Oh we ay, it's different. Man, boy, listen, what about? What about?
Speaker 2: What about Columbia? Brazil?
Speaker 1: What I don't owe nobody? I don't listen. I now don't know. Hell, let's start in the dr first, sat in dall where will work out? Way around? The only thing I know about Columbia is probabo esketball.
Speaker 2: That's it. But he now everybody be going are to get get get there, get veneers?
Speaker 1: Now where in Columbia? Okay, okay, okay, I get you get a third? Thirty five dollars? Doctor Montoya. I think he got? Now Columbia, I get.
Speaker 2: I don't know what yo?
Speaker 1: Hey, I thought he a famous?
Speaker 3: I think hey, but the veneer would be so big that people can't even close their bow real.
Speaker 1: Damn h.
Speaker 2: Now I wouldn't feel cuked by man. It's hard. Now, Look if I'm if I'm I'm in a foreign country, O yo, and I need to have something done, I gotta have it done.
Speaker 1: But as far as going and getting it done, oh no, I'm no. Hell, you have to understand they do it. I think they do a good job. Yeah, you know in Columbia, and the price point is a little bit less expensive it is, then would it would be here tight as tightness where they do twin tightens, where they do twin way. It's it's hot in here. Hold on, man, keep wiping my faith. Let me turn on what you're doing?
Speaker 2: Why you ain't in the bed?
Speaker 1: M hm?
Speaker 2: Really bromh Yeah they yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 3: Chat people be going, don't they be going to Columbia getting bbl's and getting a.
Speaker 1: Dinner work done.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the capital. Columbia is the BBL capital.
Speaker 3: Uh huh up in the down Columbia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might need to go to Turkey.
Speaker 3: Get me a hairline, I mean, get me one of more Paul George hairlines.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but hey, listen, you want to talk about hairlines. The only hairline I won't if I was ever to decide, like, listen, my headline is not receiving. But if it was to receive. At any point, I decided to grow it out. I want my hairline, like what's the name from?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Used to be on We used to be on first tape man Jaylen Rose, Jayln Rose. Yeah, but Jennet, Hey, I don't know who Jennen Rose. Bob is, boy, young boy. He he had to be an engineer. Man, look here, hey, Jen and Rose Barba had to be an engineer. I ain't never seen nothing so clean and sharp like that, boy about everything?
Speaker 2: Man, you see Paul George, Paul George a lost by one. I mean, Paul George hairline right here?
Speaker 1: Real? Yeah, hey, hey that joke he raised it like this here the whole head go.
Speaker 2: Back, comb down.
Speaker 1: Hey, I ain't never noticed that, man, PG. Hey, I need that PG. And the Turkey.
Speaker 3: Turkey is where you go for hair trans playing, because you know they pull it at the back and then they put it, you know, put it right here. But you can't work out, you can't sweat to anything for like three to five weeks.
Speaker 1: I got a question though, Yeah, I wish and this is all jokes aside, I wish there was a way. I know, if you're missing hair, they pull it from the back and they put in places so you can actually grow. I would love to know what it feels like. They're having full beard like my beard. I'm just being honest and we family, so I can be honest with you. It grows in patches, and if I do want to grow in it and allow it.
Speaker 2: To be splotchy, I can tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can come on you.
Speaker 7: Hey this they said your beard. Look, you have Cuban hair played man hold Joe to toud you they got pubic hair playing in it for beer?
Speaker 1: Hey do that now? Listen? Now that's some prascina to that that I'm gonna do. I can I mister, we family, I can talk to you now. Transplant no, not not hair and my hair grow fine. I've said if I can grow a beard, and there was a way I can get surgery to make my voice deeper. And you see how I talk when I talk and it's like I got a I God, damn some Plano voice. Yeah, y'all want I want to be able to wake up on the phone. Look a look at PGR hair liing? Hell, where's that? Look at PGR hair lying? No, he just don't have a haircut. Uh, even if you tag it up. Oh Joe, look at that. Look at deep that.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, look look at the side.
Speaker 1: What that point is? Look at the point? Is that damn bes a eyebrow? Hey, if you did that, my homeway and I want I just want I want that hairpull the hair.
Speaker 3: I want my hair. You know my hair used to be down here that Pretty soon, I'm gonna have to let that thing go like my brother. Yeah, I might even go to Turkey.
Speaker 8: I think, O Joe Froze, I'm right here, Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But uh, that's what I'm gonna do, o Joe, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: The Steelers and Aaron Rodgers could reportedly have a deal done by tomorrow. He did get them a Super Bowl forty five. He could be joining them soon. Is this a good move by the Steelers? Might be the only move?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, I'm just here ready to say that. I'm not sure if they want to go back to Russell Wilson, but the only move for them to do at this point. Even though the issues that Aaron Rodgers had when it was with the Jets it didn't work out, some of the things that he did away from the away from the game that affected him you know, on the field, if there's a team, if there's a team or a place where we can go where you understand, you have to change your ways because now you on the back end where they don't need you. They don't need you, and you have to find a way, you know, to to getting good gracious with the NFL in journal, letting them know. Okay, you know what. I don't have the leverage I used to have. Things are a little bit different now the game is getting younger. I'm not the same full time all pro I used to be. I got to do things the right way because I'm almost out the door. Yeah, I have flashes of brilliants, flashes of brilliance every so often. I'm up and down. This is this could be my last stop. He could you got? You got? You got George figures of work with. You've got DK DK Metcal have to work with. I'm not sure huh and he nice. I'm not sure what they're gonna do in the backfield. You need somebody to take that pressure off of him so we don't have to do so much.
Speaker 3: Not to cut you off. It looks like Nigie Harris is about to side with the Chargers. Yeah, Jaalen Warren is a fridge and too or he's he back because you know, everybody feels that they can go get a back because a lot of times people feel like the college back his most value is when he first come out, because guess what, Joe, he's coming out at the twenty one or twenty two year old and we get it for three to four years, and we ain't got to do nothing at least for three years. So we run the tread off the times and then pluck the ball. Let somebody else get him, so we feel we got the best.
Speaker 1: Out of him.
Speaker 2: That's how they think. I hate that he's restricted. I hate that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't like I don't like the fact that the running back position still, if you look at the numbers that some of the recent running backs have gotten today, is not valued the way it should be unless you are special. Unless you are special, and I mean you could look at it. So I don't want to say any names because to me, it's somewhat dishes back for you know, to some of the deals that they have to sign one year deal.
Speaker 3: They did, but the running back last year, oh Joe, I mean, look, I ain't talk about. But you talk about the top five backs. Let's say you say sau take Derrick Henry, take Josh Jacobs, you take who else? Jonathan Taylor?
Speaker 1: Taylor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who else was in that group? That that's your top five right there?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's it's like them. And then there's a huge drunk off, like off the cliff, like like, man, what the hell now, that's that's crazy. Just I mean, I'm looking at some of the numbers. I'm looking at some of the numbers and like, it is the NFL. It's still good money, but for the position and what you have to go through, the wear and tear, the pounding pause.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I thought he was going to the charge looking at the charges. Somebody talking about he just signed with the ram one year, Notagie Harris.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that earlier before I got here. I saw that on Twitter. He signed with the Chargers right one year?
Speaker 3: Okay, nine point two five, Okay, they just got they had the number right, but they had the wrong team. I look think about it, old Joe, look about how many quarterbacks moved and they're one of the last ones to move. Is a four time league MVP, a super Bowl winning quarterback. That's you tell him everything he needs to know. Yeah, if this is not a wake up call for Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would scare me. Honestly, it would scare me. They say it was scare me to the point where I'm walking on eggshells. Where an NFL in which I dominated for a very long time, and I've had leverage for a very long time, I know I no longer have that leverage. They no longer need me right now. The fact that they had an opportunity in New York and didn't get it done and they actually letting me go. I've never been on the losing side of things in that manner. You know what, We're gonna show me the door.
Speaker 3: We good shoot man raiders ready to say, hey, we'll trade for GINO Seattle says, Nah, we want Sam Donald. Yeah, I remember I told you, Ojo, I said, I like a deal for Sam Donald like what Baker Mayfield got. Yeah, I'm not finna get I'm not finna give him. No forty five fifty million dollars about thirty three million dollars. Baker has played willing well. Next year, Baker probably if he plays well like he played last year, he's probably gonna they gonna tear that deal up and he's probably get forty five fifty million dollars. Baker has played unbelievable and Chris Godwin turned down more money to stay. He turned out well.
Speaker 2: He had an opportunity to go to the Patriots, if I if I'm reading, if I'm ready correctly, but he took less money to stay in Tampa. Excuse me, play alongside Mike Evans and have Baker Mayfield as his quarterback. Got no problem with that.
Speaker 3: But this is your like you said, O Joe, this absolutely should be wake up call for Aaron Rodgers because your resume, because see your resume, it doesn't you didn't do that resume in Pittsburgh. You didn't do that resume X, Y and Z. What you did in Green Bay, they'll be they'll forever remember you.
Speaker 1: But I ain't.
Speaker 2: Hey, I need you to do some of that for what you did in Green Valley. Need you do so that him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he listened. He had he had everything he needed. They gave him everything he needed. They gave him everything you wanted. And he didn't get it done. He did not he didn't get it done.
Speaker 3: He wanted, he wanted random and Randall Cobb he got it, he wanted, got it, Adams he got got it.
Speaker 2: He wanted his offensive coordinator, he.
Speaker 1: Got it, got it. I mean they thank your hack it oh a lot.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers because he snaked Lebroncos pretend like yo, he was interested, knowing he wasn't going got Daniel Hackett that job. And then he's like, you know what I want, Nathan your Hackett knowing good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand, But look at look at the power and leverage as a quarterback that a quarterback has, especially with quarterback, with the accolades and the resume that he has. There's some of the things that he can pull off. Come to an organization and they give you the keys. They gave you everything, now they give you everything. But look how you're acting when it was time for mini camp, when it was time to be a leader of men, the one person that the players are supposed to be able to look up to and actually count on. You are completely different. You do things your own way, not like the Tom Bradys, the Peyton Mannings, or the Drew Breeses. But you do you do it your own way. Now you get another shot in Pittsburgh, and I would think the best, the best thing for you to do. I mean, who am I to tell somebody on how to conduct themselves when to come to play in the game of football when I was an asshole.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, oh, Joe, when you go to a new team, you show up for many camps and no tas because you try to ingratiate yourself into that team structure. Because what you did where you came from has no bearing on.
Speaker 1: What you're going to do here. That was my approach when I went to Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I understood what I had accomplished in Denver, but how was that gonna help me at Baltimore.
Speaker 2: John wasn't throwing me the ball.
Speaker 3: I wasn't in Mile High and so now I got to show people, Okay, this is how the guy that came here, This is how I became who I became. The way you practice, the way you do things, the attendeveness that you show. I didn't think I was because I had Super Bowl rings and I was an All pro YadA YadA YadA. I didn't go in there thinking I was better than them. I went in that humble myself. Hey, I need to being on tha here. I am the only thing I did say. They used to have a test, Ojo, the conditioning tests. You had to run on a treadmill.
Speaker 1: How you did? Man?
Speaker 3: I told Friday, you remember Friday Friday with y'all. Y'all had Chip in Friday too, but the.
Speaker 1: Roles were reversed.
Speaker 3: Friday was the head. Chip was their sister, and Cincinnati Chip was the head. Friday was to be a sister.
Speaker 1: M hmm. Man.
Speaker 2: They got on the thing and you know, you start off in like eight.
Speaker 3: You run on that for two minutes and they go to nine eight down, But you gotta be up to like twenty minutes. And I'm looking at everybody and I'm thinking to myself, is this a new form of football? Cause we ain't gonna be playing on the treadmill, I said Friday, I'll be back. I went right upstairs see Brian. I said, bro, what what the trademill got to do? Work it out right? He said, what's wrong? I said, bro, I run on the grass. I run on the ground. I played football on the ground. I said, bro, I can't do that. The car ain't no worry about it. I said, I can't right back down, I said, I talked to Brian, you ain't running me.
Speaker 1: I like stuff like that. I like stuff like gases, condition and to stuff that. I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I like running, Ojo, I like actually running. And I had just I had just got off a hamstring injury. I had just I had just.
Speaker 1: Got That's understandable, that's understandable. That's understanding.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you this, oh Joe, how do you think the pairing is going to be with Aaron Rodgers and Mike Toumblin.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be good. Listen, one thing about it. I guarantee you any player, no matter who you are, no matter what you've done in the NFL, they have respect for their young the young bull out there. I'm talking about young bull. They have respect for Mike Tomlin. All of them including are and walking in that building going to play for that historic franchise. But coach had been consistently good. I mean, not where they should be, but he's been consistently good and always winning year and a year out. You're coming there, you know, with respect, I'm sure, and I'm sure Mike Tomlin could to give him that same respect based on who he is and what he's done. But again, like you said, the whole no weight and have no bearing on what you've done so far. You got you got to update your resume here. You do, you absolutely do, And that's what I That's what I love about sports. This ain't no day, bro, you got no. You gotta update your resume every game. This is a game to game.
Speaker 3: Now you get an opportunity to do it because this ain't no This ain't like no regular job. Won't your where we have a year of review. Now we review your stuff every week.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait till the end of the year to make a decision.
Speaker 3: I might need to get you up out of here after week five, after week six, after week ten.
Speaker 1: I can't be afraid to make change, right, right.
Speaker 2: The only constant you will ever have in life is change, whether you choose to adapt and evolve and change with it. But change is the only thing that's constant.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I hope Aaron understands that, Yes, your career in Green Bay was sensational. I mean, some people might have thanked you based on who you are, your body of work, those m vps, the consistency. Uh, the touchdown to interception ratio. Some people might say, but damn, Aaron, you left you you you you left some out there, losing to Jimmy Garoppolo twice, Russell Wilson in his third year. Yeah, uh you lost to uh who else lost to?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 3: You wanted you, you wanted home field. You said, I want to roll to the super Bowl, to lead through Green Bay. And I've been damn if you ain't let Tom its first year in Tampa, come there and put pus in you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for m vps, you gotta get.
Speaker 2: You gotta get to at least two to three super Bowls. O't, Joe. I ain't saying you gotta. You gotta get to at least two to three with four m.
Speaker 1: Vps, don't, Joe? Yeah? Four?
Speaker 3: Manning Gas the most he had five Mannie with the three super Bowls. I think Montana has two m vps. Montana went to four super Bowls. Brett Farr went to two and we got one m VP. He went to five with four m vps. You got to be at least two super Bowls. You got to.
Speaker 2: You got to And don't give look and he I mean, he ain't like he ain't have no weapons on your Jordan Nelson and Greg Jennis and Donald Driver. He's always always, So it's gonna be it's very interesting to see.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's gonna be very It was. It was difficult seeing him in a Jazz uniform because on you you get so customed to seeing a guy in a said uniform. I mean, it's like, damn, I mean, now you'll probably see him in a different uniform, maybe the Steelers.
Speaker 2: It seemed like, you know, for what, who said that schefter that a deal.
Speaker 3: Reported it's Pro Football talk saying it could be a deal to see Aaron Rodgers in a different uniform.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Mike, for you listen, they need it, though, they need it, even though it is not Aaron Rodgers of old.
Speaker 1: But the fact that, okay, if we can get him somewhere just close to being being a little consistent, we'll be all right, because look, we got to deal with already in our division. We ain't see you know where else got to make another splash the Cleveland Browns. There is no way to compete in the AFC North unless you have a quarterback because in defense, they can't get it done. You're not gonna dominate on defense. That can't be your identity. Not going against je Burrow and Lamar Jackson. No, now, Aaron Rodgers being in Pittsburgh, the Cleveland Browns are gonna have to make a splash. I don't know where they're gonna go. I don't know who they're gonna get, but they don't have any choice but to make a slash because you can't rely on your defense to.
Speaker 3: Be able to star of these teams now cause you got because here's the thing, you gotta score. Then ifel's about scoring, that's why the instituted the rules. Because they like scoring. We like scoring, Okjoe. Baseball, they like to see the ball go over the fence. Basketball, they like to see people. They like to see one twenty seven, twenty seven.
Speaker 1: They like one forty five to one forty three.
Speaker 2: That's what we like.
Speaker 3: We've always liked scoring baseball. I mean, maybe you get ap Purance and he wants to see a two to one basketball game.
Speaker 1: I'm excuse me, that two to one baseball game right right right in soccer, but no, oh Joe, I don't want to see that. Excuse me and hockey, no, bro, I will put hey make it six five baseball, make it ten eleven?
Speaker 2: Now what I want to see all that other stuff?
Speaker 3: I don't care no about that, right, It's being reported the Steelers are also saidy Darius Slay, Oh Joe you.
Speaker 1: Like that boob? Oh yeah, yeah, slick slaves going there, boy Kate, Hey what listen, I'm a bangal at hard right, I'm gonna chat y'all stay with me real quick now. Darius Slay is well capable of still being an elite corner in his NFL. If you Washington play last year, you've seen some of the clips that I saw, still they still got it.
Speaker 3: It's because if if Cincinnati brings back T Higgins, you got to deal with T Higgins and he got to deal with he gotta deal with Bateman, and he got to deal with the other uh flowers.
Speaker 1: But listen, it's a good thing. I like it. The pairing this is. It's a nice pair now, might be two of the best pairings outside of Marlon Humphrey and what's uh Nick Wiggins. I like he looks he didn't little on the slim side, but he's nice. Joey Porter, Darius Slay, I like that. I really liked it. And I'm telling you, Chad slave still like that. But again, you know how to go age and number numbers game in Pennsylvania. He just got to move up a lot. Yeah yeah, and it ain't too bad. It ain't too bad.
Speaker 2: No, what's the good. What's the numbers on slate? Do we get the numbers? One year deal? Two year deal?
Speaker 1: I thought it was two when I saw it. I thought it was God damn slave boy. Hey, sleepy out.
Speaker 2: There, Peyton man, it went the Port Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: O't joke, Hey, Slapy out there like I do. Bro when I you know, when I used to play, when I used to play corner by.
Speaker 2: Nah, you can't play no conner.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey honesty. I used to stare, stare, read break man boy. I was a real deal. Brock the volume