Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newi Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Go time right here at the SWBC podcast studios at the world headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys. This show is the Players Louds, brought to you by Aristocrat Game, Barry Church, he Ma Harrison. Here I am new he Scruggs. It is Wednesday, the Cowboys getting ready to host the Philadelphia Eagles at AT and T Stadium on November tenth. And here we are, guys, eleven months into the twenty twenty four year, an election has happened in the cow Boys have yet to win a home game.
Speaker 2: Think of everything, and it is happened this year. That's wow. I just thought that's why Cowboys have not won a whole game? Wow?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, was it when they just like was the last season was fourteenth straight or something crazy?
Speaker 2: And then ever since then, that's wild. Yeah, that's that's a that's a yeah. So was that one and that's that's wild. Right there, man.
Speaker 3: So the Eagles are favored in this football game. The Cowboys have won five of the last six meetings against Philadelphia, believe it or not, six straight home games against the Eagles, and that's their sixth longest active win streak in that series.
Speaker 2: Michael Parsons has missed six weeks of action.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys outstanding pass rush specialists, their best defensive player. He practiced today, we did, okay, So Michael Parsons could be back in the lineup for the cow Boys against the Eagles. Is Jalen Hurts who uses his legs tush push is coming to town, gentlemen, m m oh so, Michaeh potentially being bad.
Speaker 5: Look, look, any time you can get you know, a guy at the caliber of Michael Parsons back.
Speaker 2: Into your lineup, it's beneficial.
Speaker 5: It's gonna help this defense out, you know, whatever the case may be, whether it's generating pressure, you know, taking on double teams, triple teams, and allowing other guys to eat out there, he's gonna make be a positive for this defense if he's able to go in this game against Philadelphia. Now, when I look at it, will I do I think he's gonna be the Bazukah of old, you know, one hundred percent Bzuka where he's out there. You know, even if it's double triple team, still getting to the quarterback, I'm not so sure, you know, coming out of a high inkles spraying. All it takes is one you know, wrong step or trip over somebody else and that thing's reaggravated.
Speaker 2: I mean, high inklesprays are a tough thing to deal with.
Speaker 5: So but I still believe, you know, seventy five eighty percent of Michael Parsons is still what you want on the football field, especially going against an offense as potent as Philadelphia, because I mean, as you see, Kellen Moore has those guys rolling right now, whether it's the quarterback run sakwuon Barkley doing his thing out there, and of course you got the dangerous receivers on the outside, Smith and aj Brown, So you gotta be able to generate pressure somewhere.
Speaker 2: I like what I saw from was at Carl Lawson last week.
Speaker 5: He was able to get two sacks out there, beating his one on one opportunities out there, and with Parsons on the field as well, he should be able to generate more of those one on one opportunities. So that's just at least one other guy that can go out there and win for you defensively. But to me overall, having Parsons back in the lineup, it's got to be a positive for the Cowboys if he's able.
Speaker 6: To go, And Barry said, all, I mean, that's for me. It's the only other angle I'm looking at. Is this for the offensive coordinator on the other side, you now have to account for his talent. So we do understand that teams that have come into games versus Cowboys where Michael was playing, they had to scheme for him, roll coverage his way, do a lot of different things to make sure that he's not disruptive. I questioned the percentage he plays with, and we're going to get eighty five seventy five. Where is he because you know how high innklesplit sprains just kind of disabled a lot of players. I mean, that athleticism, that quickness, those are one of the things that really just that's his game. That's who he is in the nutshell, and you're used to seeing him fly around. If he's playing at eighty five percent of himself already in a position to where he's undersized that the officers will take advantage of that, you know. And so my question is in from the beginning, how is Mike gonna use him? You know, Mike Zimmer, How is Mike gonna use him? Is Mike gonna have him to stand up at the end where he has to take on blockers, because that in that situation, I think that's where you get to the reaggravation.
Speaker 4: That's what you get.
Speaker 6: Tell Okay, I'm stepping on a guy, or am I using him as a gap blitzes and my using him in other disguise looks and things like that where I know they're gonna have to count for him, Because then that's where it starts to open up things for guys like Demarvi and Overshawn. That's where you get an opportunity to see more of Eric Kendricks. That's where the defense some of your defensive linemen that have been struggling now may not have to deal with the double teams that they've been dealing with because now they have to relegate the extra guy to go towards number eleven. Again, I just asked myself what percentage of Michael are we getting back and it's going to be like a he's gonna highlight on some packages, you know. So look, having him back back can't hurt this team, that's for sure. This defense is struggling mightily, and you have a Philadelphia Eagles team that's gonna come in here with a running game that is going to try and take advantage of you.
Speaker 4: At every corner. All right, they are. They're gonna run up the clock.
Speaker 6: They want a ground and pound, and I ain't even worried about the touch pushing at this point. I don't think they'll be in the thirty one. I don't think they'll be in a position to do that unless they get down to the goal liner, you know how they like to operate down there. But you know it can't hurt. We absolutely need our guys back. I mean Droan Bland. We need more, I mean Tank Lawrence, we need Marshaun Neeland. We need guys to come back, come back healthy, and be able to help this defense because right now, there's nothing you can hang your hat on going into this matchup.
Speaker 5: You gotta be able, and I know this is not a big part of Zim's scheme, but you gotta kind of take a page out of that DQ book, and I believe you gotta run some games with him. You gotta run some stunts, whether it's a defensive end d tackle stunt. You can't just have a man line up and try to rest a quarterback from the outside just for that high inkle sprain. I just think if you run a little bit of games with him, have him twist inside, have him start on the outside to snap the ball, run a t east stunt, come back around on the inside, it'll just it'll just leave a lot of that pressure and keep him away from Lane Johnson. Just keep him away from Lane Johnson. That dude right there is a beast on that left side. And we know they've had their battles back and forth, and there's sometimes when Parsons is one hundred percent, he's given Lane Johnson all he wants, but right now not being one hundred percent, keep.
Speaker 2: Him away from there. But I gotta I'm with you on this.
Speaker 5: You zim has to find a way to still use him as that chess piece, whether it's you know, off the edge, doing a teat stunt, kind lining them up over the center and let them have a two way go on.
Speaker 2: That guy but you gotta use him as a chessea.
Speaker 5: Because if you just line them up on one side, Philly's gonna see that and they're gonna say, oh, let's test him out. We go just run straight at him. Ain't gonna let him use that speed to chase down same Barkley from the backside. Let's just run straight at him and see how the ankle holds up. You got to be able to move around, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: If the Cowboys get behind you, Negate what you're the best of Michael Parsonson, and that's been that's been in it at home this year, that's been an issue. I mean, we've seen games basically be decided before halftime show.
Speaker 2: That is fact.
Speaker 3: So they've got at least you got at least be in the game so you can make it effective. And was it one or two years ago when Sirianni just ran Riot at Parsons and it wasn't pretty. It was not pretty at all. You start to think about the Cowboys rushing offenses improved. It's now thirty first eighty two yards a game. And the Eagles on the other side, my gosh, they're number two, one seventy four man. So we're you know, in some ways what has killed you all year long. This is this is the kind of matchup that you hate to see. They're gonna run the ball, and they're gonna use time and possession against you.
Speaker 2: You can't run the ball. That's a fact. That is a fact.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: God bless Michael Parsons. He's a football player. He's not a magician. And there's just so much help that you need here that I don't he'll help because he's Michael Parsons. Yeah, but brother, it's only so much you can do. There's just so many there're's so many holes here. You could plug one here, but then there's something else that's popping over. I mean, it's just so much that I I.
Speaker 5: And we ain't even talking about the back end. You know, this is this is a team you know was that last week. It's Atlanta who Drake London only played in what the first two series. I believe Kirk Cousins only missed six passes three touchdowns. And now if AJ Brown is able to go, because I know he's a little bit questionable, you know, coming off that knee injury last week. But you got Aj Brown top three five receiver in the National Football League, paired with the slim reaper Deavonte Smith on the outside as well. You don't, thank goodness, I don't believe God is gonna be able to play, hopefully not.
Speaker 2: But I mean this offense right now, man, it's like which way you want it.
Speaker 5: We can either get you with the run, yeah, or get you with the play action. And we got the receivers on the outside to do damage. Oh by the way, we got a quarterback that if everything is locked up, man, he can escape.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Back in front end. We've talked about that, and I think that's where you've been missing. I've been asking my questions to you because I think I know football well enough to know how it's supposed to work when you're in the three four or four to three. But again, that's why I point to Michael Harson's being up there and what offensive lines have to direct their attention to. I think he plugs a lot of those holes for us. But I think offensively, what Philadelphia presents is that running game that you just said is number two in the league behind the I'm just guessing that it's Baltimore. But the way that that works, I believe with especially when I look at Baltimore, I think the effectiveness of Derrick Henry is the fact that everybody's looking at Lamar Jackson like he can burn us too well. Philadelphia kind of gives you that same dynamic, right that you understand that Jalen Hurst, for all of his deficiencies as a quarterback, one thing he can do is run the football, and so Saque and him is peanut, butter and jelly. How that offense works together and it threatens so many parts of your defense. You have to try and get pressure with your front four. We haven't been able to do that. You go back to that Atlanta game. Kirk Cousins was comfortable in the pocket. He was able to sit back and find guys like Drake London because.
Speaker 4: He had all day to operate.
Speaker 6: Well, if you got another guy out there that's worrying you, concerning you, that's putting pressure on you, If Michael can come back and do that, I think that changes at least that dynamic of when the time clock goes off in your head when you have to get rid of the ball, and that helps your guys on the back end.
Speaker 2: Can this defense disguise in Europeiac.
Speaker 5: Because we've seen I mean, it's like these quarterbacks are sitting up at the line and they're going, all right, well, they're in this coverage, Like I just you gotta have a little bit of flavor to it. You can't just give the study guds to the man because they're gonna pick you apart. These quarterbacks are too good in the National Football League to just say lineup and what you're gonna play and he's got We saw it the past.
Speaker 2: Couples are gonna pick you up. There's gotta be some type of disguise to this.
Speaker 5: Just a computer, just a little bit given just a tad second longer to be able to get there.
Speaker 2: You gotta disguise something.
Speaker 3: So you say disguise, Okay, Jim can come up with a great disguise if guys don't do their job, that's true. So okay, how many times are you watching these games and you're seeing people not be.
Speaker 4: Alert?
Speaker 2: Will rock so right, So you're just seeing basic concepts they're not doing. Man, Man, the fundamentals here.
Speaker 3: What you see, it's not there, and it's a lot of bad football going on.
Speaker 2: So is this the week they turn around and compete. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Until you see it. You can't believe it until you see it consistently. You know, they made the Atlanta game close at the end again like they did the Baltimore game. But the competitive phase, man, you're not where you need to be. You have to shooting yourself a little bit man. So it's it's it's tough man. And the penalties. When you see the penalty, what do you what are you doing at home when you see these penalties?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think that you're you're you're an undisciplined team. That's bad. Teams have certain characteristics and those are it. I mean, and and no matter how you try and define it, whether you're pressing, whether you know whatever, it is, those little nuanced things get you beat no matter what level of football you're playing at. That's it's aggravating to start a game that you know you got to win. Likes soon as we get on the field, it's a penalty, right, How.
Speaker 4: Can we get a penalty on the kickoff?
Speaker 6: We're down in the red zone, we're about to score and we get a penalty.
Speaker 8: It's just it.
Speaker 6: But it didn't just start with Mike. And that's the thing. Those kind of things didn't just start with Mike. It was doing Garrett. It was before that. You would see there are times that this team was one of the highest penalized teams in the NFL, and those traits and characteristics have just stayed. Those are the things that don't ever go away. I don't care who the coach has been, so.
Speaker 3: Stay with what you're correct. This was a Garrett thing that we saw was a problem, but Mike was high. I go back to stuff Toddy Archer talks to me about when I would be defending. Mind, you were hired to fix this. You knew what you were walking into. This is a problem. We twenty twenty was really bad on penalties my first year and he talked about Trump. Well, you know, teams I've had first year is probably you know, once we get the system and all that, we get. No, this is the kind of stuff right now before a man who's got a job that's on the line.
Speaker 2: This is how you don't keep it. Yeah, this right here is how you don't keep it.
Speaker 3: When you just look up and you see these are simple disciplinary things that as a coaching staff they're not doing and as a team unit, as a team, they haven't fixed it. Amongst each other than the locker room to look at somebody a church. Come on, man, you know it's third and one. You know you gotta be ready for what to try to pull you off. You gotta be ready for how are we doing this? You know that that kind of stuff where accountability to each other, the stuff that you need is not here for a football team right now. And that's not picking on anybody, that's right. That's not trying to slamer anybody. We're just watching them play the kind of football that gets you beat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The hard thing about that is we talked about it yesterday when we went around the NFL and talked about other teams, the Los Angeles Rams and their victory over Seattle. You can't tell me who's playing over there for Los Angeles. But they're giving you fight, they're giving you all that they have. I mean, we say that they don't have that, but there's a man standing there as a man standing there in the cowboy jersey that we we just expected.
Speaker 4: He can't do it. And I don't believe that. I absolutely do not believe that.
Speaker 6: And I go back to I don't want to answer your question with a question, but you asking we disguise something. My question is, Barry, your time in the NFL, what was describe for the people in the back.
Speaker 4: What is a base defense? What is your base?
Speaker 2: Base defense is?
Speaker 5: Basically where the defenses I played in has always been a four to three Okay, you got four down linemen, three linebackers, and then you got your secondary pieces.
Speaker 6: So no matter what the down and distance is, if you get a base call, everybody, all eleven of y'all know exactly what that is.
Speaker 4: There's no guessing where you're supposed to go with it. No, but it's your base, base.
Speaker 2: Cover three, base cover two. This is what's it?
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: And what I've what I've been questioning this whole time is what is their base?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: When we get back to who we are and you know, blood to bone, we got to get a stop, what's our base?
Speaker 4: And I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: I mean, we've we've seen them try to disguise, change up coverages and so many different things, but nothing is working. So I have no idea coming into a game like this where you know you're gonna have to stop the run. You said a couple of weeks ago, I'm gonna have to move that safety up and bring him down in the box, and that still got two hundred and fifty yards put against on you on the ground.
Speaker 5: And I think the frustrating part is we all understand here that they may not have the tools. The carpenter may not have his tools what he wants in there, whether it's defensive line, secondary linebackers, you know, cats getting hurt.
Speaker 2: You may not have your tools. That's one thing, but it's another.
Speaker 5: Thing when you're hurting yourself with the simplest alignments and your assignment, Like you may not be the fastest guy, you may not be able to run with a Tyreek hill like that, just man for man run with them, but you're setting yourself up for failure when the play hasn't even started and your alignment's wrong like that. And you know that we saw all the pick plays and all that stuff that Kirk Cousins was able to do, Like these are the basic things that even if you don't have the talent out there, you can't put yourself behind the eight ball by all lining on the same line and getting picked that way, like they're hurting themselves defensively pre snap, and when you don't have the talent out there to overcome those things.
Speaker 2: We see what happens defensively and offensively. It's the same thing with these pre snap penalties holding.
Speaker 5: You don't have the team to be able to overcome these self inflicting injuries, and it's just mounting up.
Speaker 2: Like you gotta be able to do the little things right first and then.
Speaker 5: If you don't got the talent, you get beat man. Look, it is what it is. But you can't beat yourself pre snap. You can't beat yourself before the ball is even gotten into play. And that's what this team has been doing to itself so far.
Speaker 3: Habits and rituals, the habits and rituals that you need to play fundamentally sound football, escape them this year very much. All right, let's get our first break in here Michael Parson's podcast We're an Interesting Shirt will dive into that. And I don't watch the debate shows, but I do see the clips on social media.
Speaker 8: Church you.
Speaker 2: The first time at Church in game. Usually I don't do that, man, but it just.
Speaker 6: He I'm pointing the figure at heck man.
Speaker 4: Come a crime with Come on out? They got it.
Speaker 3: Dive into that next. So the player is right here. Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, A brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred GA m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prescott kits slides.
Speaker 5: For the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 10: Brow My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 4: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a.
Speaker 2: Chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win.
Speaker 1: Prizes include what a good trip to Super Bowl fifty nine? Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: He's from my Man Danny mccraig, Tims the season for youth football and dance camps presented by in Visit Line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders at dance camps on December twenty third and former NFL players at football camps on December twenty third and twenty seventh. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Registered today at dallascowboys dot com slash Camps.
Speaker 3: Thank you, hec Maherison, Barry Church. He's here from a Cowboys safety.
Speaker 2: I'm to he struggs.
Speaker 3: This is a player's lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. So Michael Parsons has this podcast and it war interesting shirt that said do more, say less.
Speaker 2: Michael back practice with the Cowboys, and I guess he's doing more.
Speaker 5: If if he's back out there, you know, I guess he's he's a little more still talking though.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, it's gonna be real interesting to see if they make a coaching change.
Speaker 2: And if they come in with a more heavy handed coach. I can see that.
Speaker 3: Does that coach get in there say something. I remember the former coach here who said this is gonna be a problem with Mike. On the podcast, Hooker said something last year went away, but you know he had he had digs on there this year. But when you're not playing and the team is playing bad, you see what social media says, they don't like, they don't like the optics out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like it's just a new day and age. You know, When now I was playing, you know, nobody you know, did those type of things.
Speaker 5: And now you got guys from other teams that you may be playing next week on your podcast, and you know, I guess it's a new day and age. But to me, it just creates a little bit more distractions than than need be. I mean, you you talked about how they had digs on there, and maybe it was just you know, just a thought kind of didn't you know, kind of circulate in there. But you know, you list the top five quarterbacks, and we all understand, like you in that locker room, no matter what's going on, you gotta put your guy up top.
Speaker 2: You got you gotta support. You don't know how to how you feel in the back of your man.
Speaker 5: You gotta put your guy up top. And of course you know they listened. They top five and I don't believe that Prescott was was on that list when they did that, which once again created more laps around you know, the media, and just more distractions added to this team. And to me, you know, it just brings more harm than you know. And I get everybody's trying to get their own brand and get out there, you know, football, and the NFL stands for not for long, So you got to maximize your opportunity while you can. But you know, having a podcast and diving into the subjects that they do, and it just creates a little bit too much of a distraction from my taste. But you know, again again it's it's a different day and age.
Speaker 6: And it's it's that it's that new old school mentality as it relates to today's players, and people just don't understand that these group of players don't have the same kind of fear instilled in them as guys used to. I mean, coaches used to be able to dog cuts guys up and down the side.
Speaker 4: They guys ain't going for that no more. I mean even in high school.
Speaker 6: I mean the way parents are today, you can't all cut somebody's child that is out of alignment or not doing it right there. I mean that used to be called good coaching, you know, but these players don't care about that. They understand and have financial advisors. They explain to them what they're Can this guy get rid of you or what? Even if they do get rid of you, they still got to pay you. So I mean, it's a lot of those things that's in that too. And who doesn't have a podcast these days? What are you talking about? And it's their way to combat and have an answer to what's being said on the outside.
Speaker 4: That's their defense to everything that's happening.
Speaker 6: And so you know, Michael don't care nothing about what nobody says.
Speaker 4: He thought wearing that T shirt was smart.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: He say.
Speaker 4: Do more, say less, you know, so that's to him.
Speaker 6: He own I don't know if he owns the brand, so I'm not gonna guess. But if he owned the brand, that's great marketing, you know, for you for your own stuff. I mean, that's what they're more in tuned with. Guys are talking about generational wealth and things like that as it relates to playing this game, not worried about what their legacy is going to be. That's that's completely different from guys like Michael IRV and guys like Charles Haley that they were completely in a hole. No, the mods all football. It was all football. And so when somebody sees something that Mike Michael Parsons is doing anything, oh well he's not one hundred percent body in on football. This is just what is today. This, this is the way that these guys operate. And that looks like poor leadership when you have what you consider your your apex guy with the podcast not mentioning your highest the highest paid player in the building amongst his elite or top ten or top five. I mean, look, it looks the optics are bad, but I'm sorry, you're just not gonna be able to stop it. A new coach coming here and tells Michael he can't do his podcast, he probably laughed.
Speaker 2: The platform has consequences.
Speaker 3: And if Dak Prescott used a platform and said, you know, man, let me go to the top top five pass rushers in the game, and it's got Ad Hutchinson, We're gonna have Trey Hendricks here, we got t J. Watt, Miles Garrett, and then I'm gonna throw out, oh.
Speaker 2: Will will Anderson in Houston. You let him do that. We already know what what what will happen? And I'm with you.
Speaker 3: It just comes in terms if you got to put your guy there just because it's just off the strength.
Speaker 2: You got to.
Speaker 5: You got to even if you don't believe it, like you gotta throw him out there, at least in the public eye.
Speaker 2: Just say, man, my top five, he's four.
Speaker 5: Oh and Dak Prescott, I got you got you gotta put it out here playing each week.
Speaker 2: That's who's helping you get to the destination you want to get.
Speaker 6: To that I'm not playing devil's advocate here when I say this, I mean, you know, when these guys they know exactly what. I'm sure they talk about what they're going to talk about before they come on the air, so they know whoever that top ten if if it doesn't include that, it's gonna be a conversation piece.
Speaker 2: Did they put h Daniels from Washington in this?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, they ain't made a Pro Bowl and want to play a baby into the playoffs?
Speaker 4: Just you know, look, look, the optics are bad.
Speaker 3: The consequences When I say the consequences of this is what people see about you, they all see.
Speaker 4: It in the room.
Speaker 2: Man, we don't we don't you know what they us in the room.
Speaker 3: You don't really care about us. You care about your pot, you care about your numbers. That kind of thing that you don't even use your platform to build us up or you know that, that kind of thing. And it is the same way when these coaches go to the podium, their words have consequences and and and it reverberates.
Speaker 2: It's just when I.
Speaker 3: Asked Sean hyr about Schoolmaker, knowing whatever he said about Schoonmaker was going to be able to lead us some way to think about how he's been playing. You know, he didn't come out, hey man, play three snaps in the last couple of games and he ain't not getting done, but he's like he's got to play. He knew how to measure his words because they're going to be dissected. And when you're Michael Parsons and you are a star in the NFL, which he is, you know it's going to be dissected. And when you say that about him, it's going to be that way and no different than had if dak Is asked about did asked about him.
Speaker 2: The same way. It's the same thing, man.
Speaker 3: It's it's when we saw people running for different offices out here. You know the things that you say. People are looking at it and they're here and they're piercing it. They're they're taking it. And Micah's Michael's not.
Speaker 2: He's a smart individual. This is a smart individual.
Speaker 3: And when you put yourself out there like that, even when he was naming his top five, naming his past rushers last year and you're gonna leave off TJ. Watt, Yeah, that was that was wild. But what are we doing? What are we doing? And so it's it's not a good look, man. It's just because your quarterback catches hell everywhere.
Speaker 2: And he takes it off. Hey, quarterback catches hell everywhere.
Speaker 3: James Jones go go on FS one and say that quit on his team.
Speaker 2: Which we left the game of the hamstraight. You tweeted about it. No, I did because I just felt and usually I don't dive into that type of stuff. Man.
Speaker 5: Usually I'm just on there, let me hit the players, PLU players lounges on there. But when I saw that, man, it was just like and he was a form player. This is a guy that's played in National Football League for nine years and he understands how hard it is.
Speaker 2: To get on the football field each and every week.
Speaker 5: I mean, and for him to go on there and and basically just throw shade at the man's character, saying, hey, he quit on his team, Like you weren't you been in the trenches with this man, Like you don't know anything that's going on. How hard it is for him to get out there on that football field each and every week. You weren't at the MRIs, you weren't in the training staff with Britt Brown and those guys diagnosing what he has and how bad it is.
Speaker 2: But you feel the need to go on.
Speaker 5: National TV and go out there and say, hey, this man quit on his team, just just slandering the man's character like that. Of all people, this is Dak Prescott, who's been one of the most professional men I've ever been around when it comes to football. I mean, he was a leader when he stepped in here as a rookie. I mean he had to go out there trump Tony Romo got hurt. He stepped right in there and didn't miss a beat. You know, he led us to one of the best seasons we've ever had. And this is a guy that's also come back broken hand. You know, I'm gonna come back and I'm gonna still finish the season for these guys. I mean, he's gone through so much, mother passing away, I mean, all these things.
Speaker 2: Brother died. He's still on the football field.
Speaker 5: But you're gonna tell me this man quit because of quit on his team over a Hamstreet man.
Speaker 2: Like, It's just to me, it was completely disrespectful.
Speaker 5: And really out of pocket for a guy to use this platform to try to diminish a quarterback like that. I mean, it's just and like we talked about, I mean, we understand what they're trying to do to get these ratings up and and get people talking about it. And I fell into the trap. I fell right into it. But to me, it's just like, man, how you that just really was just like mav all people, that's who you gonna try to slander like that, A man that's been through all that and still laces them up each and every Sunday that he's able to that was just out of pocket.
Speaker 6: I'm glad it came from you. I'm glad it came from you. I'm glad that you said it. I'm glad that that people that have been in the fraternity of players that understand like that, that's a violation. I mean, and as a man that I don't care if you played a sport or not. There's certain things and you can't put your vocabulary a certain way to say certain things. Those are fight words on the street. And I'm not wishing any harm anybody. That's not gonna happen. But I think in the football context, you you picked a fight with the wrong one. And people I've seen since I've been in this chair here at Dallascott Boys dot com, people are very selective with who they choose to disrespect, right, they know who to disrespect. I never heard anybody disrespect Dance whether I never heard anybody, because chances are dare to see you, right, and I don't.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 6: Dak doesn't have that in him to be like that, But that's question his whole character, integrity as a man, as a football player, and not only that, and not only that to the countless people that Dak Prescott, you.
Speaker 4: Know, take care of boy? You messing up the money, don't you play with the bread? Okay, talking about Dak quit.
Speaker 6: I mean, you look at this kid in Indianapolis, the quarterback that Anthony he tapped out, that.
Speaker 2: Tapped out right, cap alphacide.
Speaker 4: That tapped out right.
Speaker 6: This guy taps out in a situation like that, and that now Joe Flacco is his whole future is up for grabs because he admitted in a moment that he was tired. Now you saw the play, you saw what he had to go, why he tapped out right. But don't nobody care about that in the football sense, because one thing that you can't be is tired. And if you are tired, the one thing you can't do is admit that you're tired. Right, And so for somebody to come back on Dak after everything that you've seen him go through, to say that he quit and you point his mama, his his brother, breaking his leg.
Speaker 4: The man tried to put his own foot back on the sideline. Sideline.
Speaker 6: This man, this man cried tears on that cart, not like a baby, like a man, because he gave it all that he could. Like to me, like so much criticism comes to Dak, it's not warranted a lot of times. People just and he doesn't fire back at people. He didn't have a podcast, so he gonna, Oh, it's time to line up James Johnson to make more of the circus continue I just think that it was misplaced as misguided. But when you have shows like this with guys that played the game that are willing to disrespect each other, man, I just man, that really, really, really just pulls at me, man, And I hated to see that. And like I said, I'm glad you responded to it.
Speaker 3: Funny as Heckman saying that we have a TV right here in the studios plays the NFL network and look who pops up there.
Speaker 5: Hector shaped from him, his whole, his whole spiel.
Speaker 2: But James Jones, man, up to.
Speaker 5: That point, it is usually a guy, the voice of reason, the guy that's gonna say this is what it really is. But for him to jump off the cake like that, man, hey, the wrong, Like that's that that's crazy.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: As a member of a mega sci fi to see another mega man, James Jones come off like that, I'm very disappointed. And I would tell him, like straight up, man, that was that's some cat stuff. That's some cat stuff you did right there, Because first off, this is why guys hate the media. That's why players hate the media. And we have so many players now who have jumped into the media. Yes, yo, cat cat, cat cat. Wow, Cat, that's a cat move. You're you're going out and you're going out another guy with without just some I don't expect these guys to understand journalistic integrity. And I've worked with enough players where I will talk to guys.
Speaker 2: I remember talking man.
Speaker 3: I would talk with bart Off off of the air about this and that and Marcus Spears Is.
Speaker 2: These guys were getting into it.
Speaker 3: Man, you gotta be careful because this is what they call slander.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 2: You sitting up here saying this guy quit.
Speaker 3: You got no you got no proof, no facts, no nothing. You just firing off in the hip like that because you I understand my hand did that?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: You don't want to go down that road. You don't.
Speaker 3: And I've tried to say people, I remember what I you showed Drew Pearson like Drew, I want to say that, Drew.
Speaker 2: You can't say that. You're not in the ring a bonnor. I need to get you. We need to get you in.
Speaker 3: So whatever you want to say, let me say it for you. You're trying to protect people from themselves. Nobody on this show is protecting these fools from themselves of saying this. And let's also dive a deeper whole level of it, because damn it, I've seen too many black players come at me.
Speaker 2: Man, You guys, the black media. You are you guys, you guys are terrible. Look at your.
Speaker 3: Black ass sitting up here putting that man down like that fact and you don't know anything.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: That disgusts me very much, very much, man, because you send up here shooting, shooting up your own the same with me, dude. I've had many guys coming me as class. There's guys who've come at us. Hey, man, where are you at? You're not even trying to help us, you guys? Players players fraternity right there. NFL player you you play with a quarter but you know, and you came at him like that for some TV show ratings and some clicks.
Speaker 4: And he knows what that word means.
Speaker 6: When you say somebody quit in a football, that's somebody spitting on you.
Speaker 3: You call that man a pussy cat. Okay, he out here robbing people a cat. I mean, you're going to a place man, that you really, really really better be even I know not to go with that one.
Speaker 2: That's that.
Speaker 3: Once again, this is the problem with us throwing these people on TV with very little training and just letting them go.
Speaker 2: In a place like Fox, they just let them go and they.
Speaker 3: Sit up there and they say that mess man, and it's embarrassing. That's why I don't another one. I don't watch it. I've never seen that show full out. I know Acho, I like Acho personally, but I don't watch this stuff. I chatted with Shadey McCoy and Acho last year at training camp because they were saying all that stuff that didn't hold anything Ani Monster. But there's a way you go about the business. There's a way I go about my job. And I tell people all the time, you want to get in this business, you have to ask yourself how do I want to do this? And there's a way that I have decided I want to do it, which will never allow me to go on these types of shows or ever be anything. I will be my little station of where I'm at is where I'm going to be. I'm not going to be anything else because I don't want to go there. I don't want to do that for clicks. I don't want to do that put anybody down and say anybody, will you so and so and such and such. Like the gentleman who wrote that mess about Joel Ebid and brought in his brother who passed away. The next thing, you know, Joel and Bid pushed that dude and he gonna lose two million dollars because he went out there and did something that anybody who had who has family, got a heart, would have done. I don't want to be that kind of person.
Speaker 6: And one of the things I also look at is did anybody come to Dak's defense?
Speaker 4: Did it?
Speaker 6: Does any of his teammates come to his defense? That's that's that's my that's my part in it. I mean, that's that's my part in it. Because if you want to call you call him, call him ass on television, and then you come out to practice and nobody at least charges this guy up.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm not talking about anything physical happened with anybody. Be crazy for that to be, but at least saying, hey, man, you can't even walk around here talking about our quarterback like that. Does anybody come to his defense and say, man this like you just said, Hey, this guy has been the most professional guy we've seen since I've been here.
Speaker 3: We're laid on a break, but I've got a response to what you just said there. I got a response about that of players commenting on that We'll do that next for hell of players. Not brought you by Aristocractic Gaming on Das Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey Danny McCrae here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 8: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Grinola creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconuts smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colsterknkuler comes in clutch.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 11: You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 10: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 2: Rule one. Any broadcast without.
Speaker 10: The express edition of Cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Rule twelve.
Speaker 10: No crinkled cut fries, texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and rule thirty one, anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day canes rules raising canes, chicken fingers, one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players.
Speaker 6: Loud capture a frame where the family holiday photo with Sanna at the Star, presented by Monument Realty. Sanna will be spreading holiday cheer at the cowboy themed cottage in the Star District from November twenty second through the twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to the stardistrict dot com slash Santa thank.
Speaker 2: You, Heck Maharson, Barry Church is here. I'm new we scruggs all right, Heck.
Speaker 3: And speaking about when you said, why didn't someone come to Daks to fence with James Jones, yesterday was the first time I saw that clip and the players were off yesterday. Obviously, people have their own social media accounts and they could they could come back and say something there. But here's also the next thing you do. Do you want to lay in the gutter and go give these people clicks by responding to them, because ultimately who is there? They went, They went it's almost I mean, go back to you saw the video over the weekend that that dude following Jason Kelsey calling his brother a perogatory slur, and then Jason takes the phone, slams it down and he says, Okay, who's that Now? I don't know the kid's name, but Jason's got to come on TV and apologize for it because somebody wanted to mess around and find out. But I look at that, that's a it's a it's an interesting thing. Heck do you go out here as a player and just say, hey, man, James Jones, you really a bunch of trash knowing that here's a show nobody watches, and how do you do it?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a very interesting thing in the locker room today.
Speaker 3: Guys are getting asked about it, right Yeah, guys could be asked about it right now. Be interesting to see because I'll bring that up on the media match just to just what you said.
Speaker 4: Man, No, I think that newly.
Speaker 6: You know, looking at your social media, you don't respond to a lot. But if it was somebody in the media that you had respect for you, who was a reputable journalist that said something, you would respond to him, you know, because of it.
Speaker 4: I think players have.
Speaker 6: This stance where, oh, you beneath me, I won't even respond to you. But if it comes from another player that says that, like, you know, you know what it means to be undrafted, work your butt off to make it. You know what it's like to have your fuearm broken, tibby, your b all these you know the price that's paid. So if another running Lot says to you, you quit on you.
Speaker 4: Barry Church got something to say to Running Lot, all right.
Speaker 6: If you don't say it on Twitter, you see him at a golf tournament, it's gonna be words exchanged.
Speaker 4: And I don't know how Dak is gonna respond to it. He may not. You know, man, got more money you off, can you know?
Speaker 6: But at the end of the day, it's a fraternity of players, and to me that's but I just look at this and say, man, so many times these guys get disrespected in the media, and maybe it's the fact that the players are saying, we're not gonna give any credence to that, We're not gonna give it credit to because all we're gonna do is perpetuate it and keep it going. I get it, but sometimes you gotta just no, they gotta top to stop taking shots at your guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at that's one where it would be tough for like if I was in that situation for me not to say so, like I said something, I've been out the lead five six years now, and to me it would be tough just because of what you just said. Man, this is a guy that you you the same fraternity. It ain't like he just was in and out for for a coffee break in the league. Like he played for like he understands he won at the highest of levels, like what it takes to you know, win a championship with Green Bay, do all that stuff, and then you can go out there slammed on me like that, Like I could see if there was some some beat between them. Man ain't like that. He ain't going like, he ain't going out of his way talking crazy about other people. But you decided, you decided on your platform to go out there and slander that man's character.
Speaker 2: For nor parent, all you had to.
Speaker 5: Say was man, hamstring injury. Man, You know, hey, hopey holme back. This team might struggle without it. You can go into the football aspect of it, but to come at the man's character saying, you know, he quit like like I said earlier, that's like somebody's spitting in your face like that is extremely disrespectful. When you talk about football, is somebody quitting on their team like that. That's one of the most disrespectful things you can say to a player. And for him to do that to a guy that's been nothing but the most professional guy when it comes to whether it's media, whether it's on the football field, taking care of his guys, to me was extremely out of pocket because you don't do that to that type of man.
Speaker 2: Man. If you hear the.
Speaker 3: Dogs barking, you know you're leading the pack and that's that that comes with what Dak Prescott lives with.
Speaker 2: He handles it very well.
Speaker 6: Come on, I like.
Speaker 2: It, you have to, you have to rise above it.
Speaker 3: I'm just very disappointed because I just felt the member of a Magas five would comport themselves with a hell of a lot more class than that. One of our four cardinal principles is manhood, and you attacked another man's manhood and also the perseverance we have seen Dak Prescott go through a lot in his life. Come on, man, ain't gonna quit on my hamstring like that just because you want to make some just because you want to make some.
Speaker 2: Some some bread. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 3: We'll love you back with another edition of the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 2: Hec Ma Harrison, appreciate you being here.
Speaker 3: Barry Church, Chris Bean, Josh Jazz, everybody that makes it happen will do that. I'll ask the question next on the media match to Clarence Hill and others about did anybody say anything about James Jones' comments saying Dak Prescott quit on the team. So stick around for that right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubs.
Speaker 4: The show Older