Speaker 1: We got a brand new second date update for you. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: It's bricking Jeffrey in the morning, and today is really a debate. You know, creepy, you're a romantic Yeah, I was romantic.
Speaker 1: You did more creepy. Yeah, you decide what the gesture is.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear the whole thing coming up, and we can't wait to hear your thoughts. Of course, in the comments section, which we love to read, alexis what do you like?
Speaker 3: Seriously do?
Speaker 4: I saw one from a barb who said, these will never fail to make me laugh. These people's uncomfortable situations make my day so much better. Yes, if I ever get a call from y'all though I'm hanging up, you say.
Speaker 1: That, you say that, now you will be interested.
Speaker 5: Come on, you just want to talk to us, be like, oh my god, I have a bad dating life. I just want to say hi, but I want to hang up questions.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's absolutely right, All right, your brand new second date starts right now.
Speaker 6: The second date update. A few months ago, we heard one of the more romantic date stories from our show about a guy who was out with a woman when she randomly suggested they go into Ross Dress for Less and then she disappeared.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that one.
Speaker 6: Later found out she had messed her pants and was looking to buy a new outfit. Ye the store.
Speaker 1: If you would have led with that part, I totally remember.
Speaker 6: Thankfully, they ended up going out again, but it didn't work out in the long run.
Speaker 3: It did it?
Speaker 6: Their situation got too messy, according to him. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're going to ask for details what that means. No.
Speaker 6: I only know that though, because he's back on the show today looking for love with a different woman. So let's welcome back Julian to the show. Julian, did this new lady run into a Walmart this time? Or a basket shop? I'm trying to get a jump on this.
Speaker 3: Where we at talk to you again?
Speaker 6: Oh that's good way to ignore my question. I guess we'll get to it.
Speaker 1: He thought it was more of a joke of a real question.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I only do serious stuff on the show. You know that, Julian. But let's start with the name of the new girl that she met. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Uh, Fiona?
Speaker 1: Fiona, that's a nice name. How'd you meet her?
Speaker 3: I actually met her at the supermarket.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we exchange numbers and you know, text and she greets her with me, which is great.
Speaker 1: That's cute. I love this.
Speaker 2: Were you like really optimistic about this date or what were you feeling?
Speaker 3: Mostly about seventy percent us have the nerves, but it's like, you know what, let's just take a chance.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, so what did you end up doing for your hangout?
Speaker 3: So basically I picked up on her place and we went to Glow in the Dark Mini golf.
Speaker 7: Bye.
Speaker 6: I had a middle school field drip to a glow in the dark mini golf place. Never forgot it.
Speaker 2: Lots of that's the analogy or the story that he wanted.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it was sexy for me as.
Speaker 1: A twelve year old as you smile and your teeth just glow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I feel the vibe. How was it for you?
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it, you know sometimes of course people couldn't think it's just for kids, but it was actually a little romantic. And also you know, we had drinks first, okay, fun and then we start to play. But crazy enough, they didn't allow drinks on the green I guess to recall it, the green sooner.
Speaker 6: What kind of place doesn't allow drinking where children are.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just too dark, like it's glowing the dark, it's too dark. There were people will trim like you add alcohol to the America.
Speaker 3: It's actually a little bit of a bummer. I was wishing we could drink and do this. Yeah, yeah, but it was so cool what she did, right, She actually had snook some airplane shots and it's at the mit of her purse. So we had shots like behind the glowing dragons of course.
Speaker 1: Oh now you are back into sneaky middle schoolers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So the great thing is she's sarcastic, just like I am.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so you guys got each other's sense of humor.
Speaker 1: You're drinking illegally on the mini golf course.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this all sounds good so far.
Speaker 3: And honestly, the thirty percent was I was kind of nervous because I didn't tell them where we were going. So she wore heels.
Speaker 1: Oh to play mini golf?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so that's my fault. I wanted to be kind of like spontaneous.
Speaker 2: Did she complain about her feet hurting, because that's a lot of holes to.
Speaker 3: A little bit. But you know what, I'm gonna take one for the team. We're gonna do something different. So we exchanged shoes.
Speaker 6: Wait what wait? You gave her your shoes and you wore her heels?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sure, goals, Yeah, your.
Speaker 1: Feet fit into her shoes.
Speaker 3: Uh, not really were part of her shoes. There's just a few holes because I'm like a size eleven and a half and the size seven of women.
Speaker 2: So thankful she was wearing strappy heels instead of Yeah, pointed still let us Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, so far the date sounding pretty good. It's playful. You guys are being sarcastic and fun with each other. Maybe you look even better in the heels than she looked when.
Speaker 1: She Are you saying that's a bad thing? Like she was jealous?
Speaker 6: She could do intimidating? Is that possible, Julian, I played the fifth.
Speaker 1: Now where's the bad parts?
Speaker 2: Where's the stuff that make you think that that's why you're not getting a second date.
Speaker 3: So after the date, we go back to our place.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, are you still wearing her heels?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: So we get back to her place, and honestly, I thought she wouldn't bite me in, but she doesn't looking back, I feel like cringey about this, but made a couple of excuses like, oh, is there any shows or anything you can put me onto?
Speaker 1: You asked to go, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or you have any coffee inside?
Speaker 5: Or Okay, how.
Speaker 6: Many times did you try?
Speaker 3: I tried like two or three different excuses.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, that can come off looking a little bit desperate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you know when you were saying these things that you should shut your mouth?
Speaker 3: I kind of did, but by the time my mouth started, my brain couldn't catch up the front to get myself out of it.
Speaker 2: Did you think it made her feel like you were there for not the right reasons?
Speaker 7: Maybe?
Speaker 3: But I liked her personality, I liked hanging out with her, and I asked that one in some private time with her too.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, that's normal, but maybe on the first date that's a little bit too much.
Speaker 5: I can't expect anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so what's happened since then? Have you been able to stay in contact with her?
Speaker 3: Well, that happened five days ago. Now. She stopped answering my texts, and I said a text her said hey, thanks for a great night. It took her on how to respond to that, and then she just said you too.
Speaker 7: Oh, I've spent a couple of texts and just just random stuff.
Speaker 1: Asking for shoe recommendations.
Speaker 7: Right, but it took her to their you know, so sarcastic, maybe a movie reference like that and usually just sponsor it or laugh or like that and with nothing.
Speaker 5: I wish just was a textual healing, because that would be a good to joke about the shoes. That'd be a good ind like.
Speaker 6: Well, we could still ask that question when we call her for the second date update. It's a different now. Yeah, maybe maybe she's still hung over from that airplane shot that she took.
Speaker 1: That one shot.
Speaker 6: I mean sometimes hangovers last for a long time. We'll find out when we call her and try and get you your second date update right after this hold on Man second date update. It's hard to imagine a better first date than what we just heard from our listener Julian, where he took Fiona to Glow in the Dark mini golf night and they drank alcohol around kids and they made each other laugh, even swapped outfits on the golf course. Just shoes, shoes specifically, But that's the most important part of it. Yeah, the awkward part though, happened at the end of the night when Julian tried to casually invite himself into her place.
Speaker 1: He is an eager fella.
Speaker 6: It was not just once, a few times and he got rejected. So Fiona may believe Julian was only interested in you know what, But that's not true.
Speaker 1: Right about the brand of her fridge?
Speaker 6: Right, I don't think that's true, right, Julian, you don't even enjoy doing that stuff with girls.
Speaker 3: I like women. I'm not going to deny that I need to.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you to no, but kind of the whole point of what we're doing for you right now.
Speaker 6: But he realizes he may have messed up and trying to make that move multiple times. Hopefully that's not the reason, and we can at least help get him a second date here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you seem too eager at the end of that date, it's not eager at all to have a radio station call her no very cool.
Speaker 3: I mean it's going on five days I supposed to turn.
Speaker 1: What have you got to lose?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: If she thinks it's weird, we'll just tell her it was our idea to call, not yours.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, I appreciate.
Speaker 5: That dating issues.
Speaker 6: He is a friend of the show because remember he's been on this segmentary.
Speaker 5: All the listeners know. We could call you at any time because you are friend.
Speaker 6: Yes, I always have your phone on.
Speaker 2: It's a regular of the second data is yeah, going to be flag all right.
Speaker 6: We'll limit what we tell Fiona if we can get her to answer. But I'm dialing the number right now here we go. Hello, Hey is this Fiona? This is Hey. Thanks for answering. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and thank you for being on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your finger, I don't know. Thank you. You have a really pretty voice. Fiona.
Speaker 8: Why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 6: I kind of forgot why for a second, but now I've remembered.
Speaker 5: There he is nervous, guys.
Speaker 6: Look, well, it's just we've heard a lot of good stuff of about you, Fiona, from a guy that you went on a date with recently, a guy named Julian.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, okay, blowing the dark mini golf guy. Yes, yes, yes, yeah, a memorable date.
Speaker 1: You had a memorable date. That's usually a good thing.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I guess it was.
Speaker 5: I guess it was.
Speaker 6: For Julian too, which is why he's asked us to reach out to you in this segment. It's called a second date update, and we're trying to help him figure out if there's a reason why after I guess it's been five days since you hung out, there hasn't been another meetup or any communication.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, did you plan on getting in touch with him and you were just busy?
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 8: The date was fine, it was it was cute, but he did something at the end of the date that was a little like weird and off putting in it. I just like kind of felt uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: It's funny to say that because Julian did mention something that he's embarrassed.
Speaker 1: That he did multiple times.
Speaker 6: Where he was trying to basically get an invite to hang out with you more in your place.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was honestly a little much for a first date, but I feel like I would have given him another chance after that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not the reason, that's not what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: No, No, okay, Well, then in that case, Julian is like totally in the dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really help if.
Speaker 6: You could like just give a little bit of an explanation that we could pass along to him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, maybe it'll help him in the.
Speaker 5: Future, Okay, and that's the point of the whole segment, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So I was talking about the date afterward with a friend and she asked what he looks like, and I was like, oh, well, he walked me up to my door, which a lot of guys don't do anymore. I thought that was kind of sweet, even though he was trying to come in.
Speaker 1: I think you were aware.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I was like, I have him on the ring camera, like, let me show you, like the footage, And then I noticed that when I shut the door, he stood there for a second like talking to himself.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 8: He was like kind of debriefing the date and like almost like giving him a house self a pep talk. And then he was like, she's prettier than the pictures I drew of her.
Speaker 2: He said out loud, I drew pictures of her, Like a weird statement.
Speaker 8: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it kind of sounds like it's supposed to be a compliment.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's talking about like his dream girl, and she's pretty than what his dream.
Speaker 5: Girl was pictures.
Speaker 6: You have any idea what you.
Speaker 8: Meant by that, I don't. I have no idea. We didn't talk about it at all.
Speaker 6: Well, in that case, maybe you should just talk directly to him because he is on the other line listening to this call. Know what was going on?
Speaker 1: A normal response here?
Speaker 2: No, stop, he's not yeah, Julian and you're there. I am ju think that he's just probably disappointed in himself.
Speaker 3: I oh, buddy, I didn't. I didn't know you heard that.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, what are you talking about? With the pictures that you drew that aren't like what she looks like? What does that meant? Well?
Speaker 3: I do drawings. I think a lot of people do drawings.
Speaker 5: Yeah maybe, I mean everyone has different artistic outlets.
Speaker 1: So what was the picture that you drew?
Speaker 3: It was just of her. I mean it wasn't a painting or anything, but just like the doodles bultiple?
Speaker 1: Was that plural?
Speaker 2: And come on, Alexis, when you had a crush on somebody in high school, I'm sure you like wrote his last name down or you know, like, what's the difference.
Speaker 1: I didn't need him to market in the draw his face broke?
Speaker 6: Are you feeling better now that you've heard that? It's just doodles of you.
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess it's fluttering, but maybe it's not crazy in depth.
Speaker 5: But it's more than a stick figure.
Speaker 6: Right, Maybe you need to talk more to Julian about it.
Speaker 3: If I'm being honest, like I only draw people that I like. I draw my mom, my, landlord and you.
Speaker 6: Wow, he likes three people in the whole world.
Speaker 1: Come on, give him a break.
Speaker 8: No, I mean I wish it had waited till you got to the car, because like, cassing you was kind of weird. But I guess it is. To hear your explanation, doesn't it doesn't sound as weird.
Speaker 2: I mean if he would have showed up, if you would have showed up to the next day with a cute little doodle drawing of you.
Speaker 1: That would have been like, oh right, Like it'd be a cute moment.
Speaker 5: Artist.
Speaker 2: You guys, three people.
Speaker 1: One of them.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be a professional artist to be an artist.
Speaker 3: I got you, like, it should make a difference, and if we hang out again, I could definitely show you.
Speaker 5: Oh see, it feels harmless.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, what do you guys think it is? Like a topless doodle or something.
Speaker 8: Honestly, that was kind of my thought.
Speaker 6: It could be a very flattering topless dudle scribble at.
Speaker 8: The top of the photo.
Speaker 6: God, Julian, can you confirm or deny no comment?
Speaker 1: Hey, some of the best artists work with nude moments.
Speaker 8: Now it feels a little weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, list he's got a little crush, which is totally normal.
Speaker 1: You went on a date.
Speaker 2: You liked each other, Like, if he hadn't said that out loud, I don't think any of this would have freaked you.
Speaker 1: Brook.
Speaker 6: Maybe if you hadn't said the topless, pardon about how sexy that would be, and maybe we wouldn't be in this weird scenario that we're in.
Speaker 5: I mean, she didn't say bottomless.
Speaker 1: What time my husband and I did each other.
Speaker 8: Close?
Speaker 6: Okay, nobody believes that. Nobody believe Okay, disregard everything you heard from my female co host, and just consider going out on a date with Julian one more time.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I've done on so many dates before, and I've never drawn people, but you are worth drawing you.
Speaker 6: She's trying, and I appreciate that. Later, what do you think fona give him one more chance?
Speaker 8: I think, yeah, we can't go out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, are you going to bring it?
Speaker 8: I maybe let's leave that for the third date.
Speaker 1: That means there could be a third date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get your.
Speaker 3: Pens ready, maybe I can.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Is that like the Brook style doodle?
Speaker 1: All doodling is fun? Joe brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Does anybody else get the feeling? And when Brooke gets her caricature done at a fair, the artist has to tell her to keep her top on.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're supposed to leave it on?
Speaker 6: Yes, the bra too, bro you got to keep all that off.
Speaker 2: I love when they make him look so big, you know, I just I never thought of.
Speaker 1: Going to look.
Speaker 6: I know it's definitely gonna happen. I never thought of doodling as an intimate act before, but now Brook's ruined that for all of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that can be very, very sexy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it doesn't have to be.
Speaker 1: You do to all day at work, and now I'm trying to think you're in a different pettige.
Speaker 5: How is it in your head?
Speaker 1: Look the other way? Let me let me get a picture.
Speaker 6: Oh god, no, I'm just glad we didn't ruin Julian's chances and we were able to get him a second date, because honestly, he seems like a good guy that just gets nervous sometimes.
Speaker 1: I was honestly trying to help him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we know exactly what you were trying to help him. Yeah, but if you want some help PG kind, you can always email the show. We'll email that person who's not calling you back. Brook will do the higher rated version.
Speaker 1: Thirteen seems appropriate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: Seventeen as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you might pay extra for it, but we'll call that person who isn't calling you back. Go check out all of our second Day podcast wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey