Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, this is Matt Rogers, one of the hosts of the podcast We're about to listen to Last Cultureistas, and if you're a regular listener, you know I've been teasing a little project I have coming up. Well, Merry Christmas, literally, because I'm ready to tell you what it is. My debut album, Have You Heard Of Christmas is out November three on Capitol Records, and you can pre order it now, including on vinyl Wow. Also stream my first single also It's Christmas Everywhere now, or watch the music video on YouTube. I'm also going on tour all through December. Tickets are on sale Friday, October thirteenth, Okay, Spooky at ten am your local time. I'm in Philly, Boston, DC, Austin, Denver, Toronto, Chicago, Saint Paul, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City. Also London. I'm coming to you November thirteenth through eighteen.
Speaker 2: At the Soho Theater.
Speaker 1: Check out www dot Matt Rogersofficial dot com for tickets.
Speaker 2: And if you listen this are and.
Speaker 1: It's not yet October thirteenth, here's an early Christmas gift for you.
Speaker 2: The pre sale code. It's frosty.
Speaker 1: That's the sound of a cold wind.
Speaker 2: All right, here's the podcast. Look mare, oh I see you and look over there. How is that the culture?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow, loves now how do we say it? Ding dong last jo Colin, I was German? What dingld on? Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, we were gonna come out and greet you and say god. We would have been like don Cushin Schlampen, but then that would have wait. But then we were told by Peaches, he'll be on here in justice. But for pages that like, bitch is not as casual here, right, it's not. It's not we're getting some headshakes. Well that's out here, and said dunk a Shlampin. People would have stormed out, would have left, They would have left. But that's a you know, we're learning some really key German phrases. Last, pumpkin spice is feeded.
Speaker 2: I forgot it immediately.
Speaker 1: Poe said to me, He's like, it's important that we say one thing, pumpkin spice feed because we weren't in today say it with me Starbucks. And we did see the announcement that pumpkin spice and it is, But then you didn't like your pumpkin spice.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, we wanted, a pumpkin cream cold brew. We were like, thank God, like a European establishment that serves ice, major, major, But then they were out of the pumpkin cream, and so then they put the pumpkin syrup. We have a drink from.
Speaker 1: At Oh, Hello and dunka dunka shlampa, Hey, Matt Donker slampin or schlampo shlampe schlampe shlampe and then slampin is plural.
Speaker 2: Schlampin would be all of you bitches. Are we offending anyone by calling you a shlampa?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. Anyway, Starbucks sort of did bow and dirty. That's okay.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what I get for going to Starbucks in Berlin, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But last night, where do we go?
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna get into the burgheind of it all. But we went to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: We dig.
Speaker 1: Because Bowen Yang says, he says this every single time we travel. He says, it's one of my favorite things to do internationally is go to the different McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Am I alone?
Speaker 5: Am I alone?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: So do you want to review? Yeah?
Speaker 3: God, Germans love their curry sauce, yes, and the curry worst and all of it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I embraced it. I embrace all curry culture. What else I mean? They did not have buffalo sauce? Who here is a what do they call it?
Speaker 2: An X plant xpat X pat an x Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so x plant X pats? Are you all missing buffalo sauce?
Speaker 2: Bad? I'm saying the curl.
Speaker 1: And me are locking eyes buffalo pizza? Who doesn't even who's never even tasted the stuff?
Speaker 2: You're a kidding, you're missing out.
Speaker 1: The dream scenario of this would be we bring out like plates of buffaloes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we would love to open you guys with buffalo.
Speaker 2: Don't know what you're missing now. Lots going on in Berlin this weekend. It was a marathon. It was a marathon. Did anybody run in the middle?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, way.
Speaker 2: Giving up for these people? We sit, stand.
Speaker 7: Up, stand up? Oh my god, you too? You did stand up?
Speaker 2: You get sand you just ran twenty six.
Speaker 1: It's we're like, we're like, if you ran the marathon today, stand up. They're like, motherfucker, we've been running all day.
Speaker 3: It's a miracle. That we're even here and not wrapped in tinfoil.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Okay, so who did the best?
Speaker 6: You did?
Speaker 2: That's incredible, amazing? No, who doesn't?
Speaker 1: What two hours fifty three minutes? Bye bitch, No, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Wow. What do you think you stand? That's so good?
Speaker 3: I understand that's so good. Understand that's so good. And what would you clock in at you think?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I X runner x X runner.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, I used to do like middle distance to I was more of a miler. Am I just saying my mile time? I ran a four thirty six mile back in the day. It's really good, but never could run more than like six miles? You know what I mean to do?
Speaker 2: Twenty six point two miles?
Speaker 3: Stand up again, Stand up again? Stand up all of you?
Speaker 2: Yes? Well, yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: Now did any of you like sort of do it like it wasn't to get the good time?
Speaker 2: Why are you still staying? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I I missed my window and now it's weird and now you kid, and now I have to say it.
Speaker 1: Flording over me. Did any of you kind of do it because you wanted it to be fun?
Speaker 2: You didn't care about the time. No, you all about the time. It's Germany. It's Germany. Very serious, It's very serious.
Speaker 3: You know what we're gonna say, and we might sound very stupid and American for this.
Speaker 2: A lot of rules here, a lot of.
Speaker 3: Rules, the crossing of the streets, the crossing of the streets, the you know. Today we went to a museum and Matt walked a little too close to the paintings and the alarm went off, and we got a little tongue lashing.
Speaker 1: The alarm went off, and I said, come on, I wasn't trying to touch the painting.
Speaker 2: I barely want to look at it.
Speaker 3: This is what Matt basically wanted to say to this man, like the security guard who came home.
Speaker 2: But he wanted to be like, beats it, beats it.
Speaker 1: I did want to say that you show. But then there was beautiful paintings on the lower beautiful. What was the name of the museum?
Speaker 3: We went to the Nous Nationalite National Gallery, the new National Gallery? Is that Frank Gary? Is that Frank Gary? No, we don't know, are you guys wooing?
Speaker 1: Because you fuck love that museum because you just know it, because they know it.
Speaker 2: And they love it. The light's coming up. Amazing, it was nice, it was great. Current events are happening as we speak. That's right. Did you guys hear we have a Super Bowl performer Usher? Usher?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 2: That was not a positive?
Speaker 3: This is this is an amazing sort of thing that you can't get on the internet because we need to do this in a live setting.
Speaker 2: It's a mixed response. I think in the real world you can't get this on the internet. You really can't because and this is we were in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the two of us and our friend and you said, we have any super Bowl before?
Speaker 2: I said, and they both turned to me.
Speaker 1: They were so hopeful, and I said, it is Usher, and then Bowen Yang.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm gonna do this to you. Hun.
Speaker 3: That's okay, he goes, what because I expecting a woman's name, and.
Speaker 2: But I forget that.
Speaker 3: These people they like to you know, it's to them genders of binary and they switch every year.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. It's like, we couldn't have Rihanna and then.
Speaker 1: Let's say Taylor switch, we gotta have Usher. Yeah, I'm seeing Usher in Las Vegas. Did I tell you this?
Speaker 2: That's amazing? So our friend, are it is? That wasn't a joke. I I don't know. That's all I heard it.
Speaker 1: I heard it to the horniest sluttiest show you could see.
Speaker 2: I mean he has to compete with Magic Mike, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's gotta like throw sex out there into your face.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's uncouth or untoward of me to say this, because it's actually in legal documents. I think Usher might be one of the most famous people with herpes.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: What about like like George Washington, I feel he can never be sure if he had herpes because they couldn't test for it at the time, and he's passed.
Speaker 2: He's passed. The expats are like, fuck, yeah, we know this.
Speaker 3: I didn't. Wasn't this a storyline on girls though? That like men can't really test for herpes.
Speaker 1: They can't test for V, which also is not true because I have HPV And how do you know from a test? My PCP primary care physician said you have HPV And that's a lot of stick.
Speaker 2: What was that not actually in my cock? In my asshole?
Speaker 1: But thanks for dragging that out of the Yeah, yeah, I have Rechtel HPV.
Speaker 2: It's true. Can't it travel?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I would love for I think I can speak on behalf of us both. We'd love for one of you guys to fuck us tonight. Yea, no, only if you only if you're there's some clapping happening in the front round.
Speaker 2: I we got it. Why are you so shy? I don't know. I'm in my fruit era. You're not.
Speaker 1: You're such a slampo slomp bo or shlompo. What did you say title slompo? That's good?
Speaker 2: Wait? Can we say we both hooked up in London?
Speaker 3: I they love it, but we had different experiences.
Speaker 2: Say yours? Well? Mine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my mine's the bit of a it's a bit of a bummer. And so I'll say mine first and then we'll on a higher note because I think Matt had fun.
Speaker 2: But I whatever, it's this guy was so hot. Can I say what was the club? We were at the Glory and we Glory in London. Any of you gaze Dalston gaze in the audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So we were at the Glory in London and this guy he was really hot. He had a mustache, broad shoulders and Bowen Yang was talking to him with his arm draped over his shoulder, like this, get up, I'll show you. So this is this I'm Bowen and you're this you're the trade. Yeah, it's my move. I have a limp wress And it was lovely.
Speaker 3: And then and then I realized he was the one who kind of pointed it out. He was like, I'm sorry, I keep asking you questions about your career. He kept being like, what's it like to work at or he was like, you know, what was fire Island like to shoot? Wasn't it like you know all these things and like and like sho.
Speaker 2: Q And it was amazing. He was he and it's not an issue until like he.
Speaker 3: Is acknowledging that he is kind of he is making it feel like an interview, right, And I don't know, there's nothing wrong with it. I was just like I was a little like worn out and I was like, oh, I'm not really horny necessarily anymore.
Speaker 1: And I was for you, oh, thank you, because I wasn't talking another guy, right.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, there.
Speaker 1: Was a moment where my sister and I sort of met at the bar and he said, what do you think? And that's my impression of Bowen He's like, let's go, and I said, I think we should stay and have fun. And I looked at him in his eyes and I was like, if you don't fuck this man.
Speaker 3: This is the thing, though, This is this is this is the moral of Fire Island, the movie is that you cannot force your friends to fuck people if they don't want to, you know what I'm saying, if it hurts them emotionally. And I would have been hurt emotionally because he would have been like balls deep inside me asking about Miami nomination, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh and that wasn't me. No, that wasn't me, Brad.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, no, no no no. That was that was just that was just the first thing that came to mind. Not this year though, not this year. Hey, that's okay.
Speaker 1: You know you you got bumped by uh jury duty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, James Morgan jury duty? Here agree. It makes a noise if you got a VP in at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's gonna VP? Who's popping the fuck off with their VPN? I love every time we talked to you guys in the house, lights come up. Can we just say, because I have a deep, dark question because the lights came up, and I see a lot of excited people, and I see some people that are like, who thought they were coming to like a general comedy show. Didn't know what the fuck it was? None of you so a lot of you were just kind of disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's okay.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of Berghein, we sort of want to throw this to the crowd and keep the lights up.
Speaker 2: I like this, I like this vibe. Should we go okay? See we're getting a mix. Who thinks we should definitely go? Okay? So can you come up here? Yeah? Okay, yeah, give it up. We have an amazing volunteers coming up here. Is there there's a staircase to her.
Speaker 5: You're dressed for.
Speaker 2: Berghin, you're dressing star a way for you to get up here? No, you're scared of this? Okay, okay, okay, so here, take the microphone here.
Speaker 1: And then and then we'll talk to you from what's so great about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's on, it's on that. Sorry, I'm not I'm not now that boone has two Emmy nominations. We get the mics turned on what's so great about Burghin?
Speaker 2: And what's your name? I'm Chris Christy.
Speaker 8: I am from from New York. I know that I might be biased, but I do think it's like the best club in the world. So that, yeah, like the hype is there for a reason, so you may as well try. If you don't get in, it's not the end of the world. There's a million other clubs. But like, I don't know, you're here, why not you.
Speaker 2: Think we should just go?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 2: It's the best club in the world.
Speaker 8: Like the Okay, So it's it's kind of everything. It's like, the crowd is amazing, the music is amazing. It's thumping techno in the main room, and then the upstairs bar is like a house, more like a house. Uh, it's called Panorama Bar, so you can you can start of switch, like pick your vibe and like kind of move around. The music is like best in class, and the sound system is amazing and you can have a normal conversation but you can also hear the music. It's like this whole thing in Berlin, but it's the best there really. Yeah, I guess that's.
Speaker 2: What I don't like about club culture is you can't total we can with the people there. That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: And we have a friend who said that one time he went with the group and one of the girls brought the card game set.
Speaker 2: Do we know what set is? So it's like a matching game and it's whatever. It's it's very silly.
Speaker 3: And then out of nowhere, this girl starts to play set on the floor of Burke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do.
Speaker 3: And then all these like cool she gas burliners were like gathering around me, like what are they playing?
Speaker 2: And meanwhile in the background there's like the best club music in the world, but not loud enough.
Speaker 8: So it's no, no, it is really loud, but they have it like perfectly engineered so that it's not like you can actually still connect with people. I think that's the best one of the best things about it.
Speaker 2: You made connections there. Yeah, are you with.
Speaker 8: Christy from New Yorkity? From me, I've been there a lot of times. I lived down the street. But I do think, like, if you're in Berlin, you may as well. But I will say they stopped letting people in four hours before the last DJ, which that's probably around midnight.
Speaker 2: So if you do go tonight, you gotta go, like I go, like, after this.
Speaker 3: Guys, the show's over, Yeah, we gotta go. Wait a minute, you live down the street. Yeah, you live in the Mercedes Benz Arena.
Speaker 1: No, no, I lived the other way to talk, I can, I ask, is the Mercedes Benzerena like sort of that girl here? Yeah, like I saw Taylor's gonna perform there when she comes. She would never come to Berlin.
Speaker 2: Never come to Berlin.
Speaker 8: It's too small. The Mercedes Benz is only like I think seventeen thousand and when those like we saw Beyonce and Hamburg because she didn't come to Berlin because our biggest stadium isn't big enough. What I don't know how to explain it, but Hamburg has this giant football stadium, so a lot of the big people go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Berlin, who's like the biggest artistic come to Berlin? Like Pink, No, no, no no, because we were walking by because in order to get to the Starbucks here, you know, I have to the Mercedes Arena, so everyone knows in order to get to the Starbucks you have to walk past Mercedes Benz and and I'm like, this is like pink.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I saw last week Fred again.
Speaker 2: I love Fred again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he played last Tuesday at the Mercedes Benz Arena.
Speaker 2: So Pink is going to Hamburg. No, no, she's too big, Like that would be too big, right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I also I also saw.
Speaker 5: Like Lizzo and Sizza.
Speaker 3: At the bench, where do they go? The benine makes sense? And Fred again play the same side.
Speaker 2: I know it's weird, but huge here, huge here because you do love to go, like yeah, like y'all have to go. We lost.
Speaker 6: I was like, I gotta go.
Speaker 2: But it was fun, okay, yeah.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I would say yeah berkhun like And again, if you don't get in, it's not under the world. There are a million other clubs, but if you're here, you may as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So that's amazing.
Speaker 8: Like low risk, high reward. That's how I always feel about it. But again I live down the street. So if I don't get and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I see it next week. We live in the United States, that's high probably, but no.
Speaker 1: I mean not.
Speaker 8: It depends on where you're staying. But if you're you know, it's working at Hampton.
Speaker 2: That's near it. Which is near it? It's on the East Side Gallery. Now it's Eastide Gallery.
Speaker 8: Did you walk there on you gotta go?
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't know it was so close.
Speaker 3: It's very close on our side of the wall, you know, so it's on our side of the wall.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know if I know. Are you going tonight when we see you there?
Speaker 8: No, I actually went out really hard last night.
Speaker 2: I really are last night. Thank you for coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's somebody where run the marathon, so yeah, you know, there's multiple types of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you make any connections last night?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 8: The crowd was like a little too basic, but it was really fun.
Speaker 2: Look around. Hey, do you want to make connections here tonight? There's so hot.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for my two friends back then. I was like, wow, yeah, everyone's like good looking. Yeah, all right, good to know.
Speaker 9: Give me for Christie.
Speaker 1: Give it up for Christie, give it for Christy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: One last sort of like addendum to the burghind conversation we want to do is we want to play a game with our wonderful DJ DJ Alias Error.
Speaker 2: Give it up, Give it up for DJ Alias Air. Can I say now I like being down here? Okay, you like being down here? I'll stay up.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give give bubbles yeah, okay, so we're gonna play a little game where just off of not off wardrobe off vibes alone, would we get into Berghine if you were working the door.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just try this. So let's just like both like that. We're going together. Let's let's go in together.
Speaker 1: Just for background, we were told a few things. You can't be loud, you can't just speak English. Those are the two main things about us.
Speaker 2: And you can't what is it. You literally can't go up to the person at the door.
Speaker 1: And be like, yeah, all right, so here's us trying to be cool. Okay, hey, hi shit fuck hi hey hello.
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, well we're gonna go. We're gonna go. I think I know what we did wrong. Okay, yeah, yeah, we did what we said we wouldn't do. We said, hey, we were loud, we spoke English. All right, ready, here's here it is. We're really trying to get it. Hello, slamp nine, damn.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I know what happened there, you straight up? Yeah, okay, let me take the lead this okay, uh.
Speaker 2: Sy sy sy it's my Ghaki's isn't it. Well? We tried.
Speaker 3: Everyone give it up for dj Alias there. Thank you for being a good sport about that.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have the Real Housewives here?
Speaker 1: Do you guys know the Real Housewives is TWT Lake City. Guess who made these pants? Brooks marks?
Speaker 2: They're good? Not for nothing, these are good pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can tell I got a m mine because I got short, short legs. But that's but that's part of the style, right. It looks it looks great on you. You've got great legs for pants.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying that. You've never said that to me before, and I've been waiting for it. I've been waiting my whole life for a mo one to just tell me one compliment that I have good legs for pants.
Speaker 3: We we've been rewatching the same episode of Salt Lake City for the past week, which is this week's next episode. You're embarrassing yourself when you don't anything you do.
Speaker 2: I do own myself married. What do you need to grow up? You called me pornography? What Heather? What does she call me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You guys know it. It's you couldn't write that I am the hostess of this dinner.
Speaker 8: Leave.
Speaker 2: I mean, all of them are operating at a ten.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, you know, Speaking of going over to the service, yes, and asking them for help. We went to the Soho House today and we thought we could, you know, sort of go there and have like an enjoyable meal. But am I gonna get your membership revoked if I say this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: We did have an enjoyable meal because we made great friends with our server and we struck up conversation. We told her we had to show tonight and we invited her to come. Basically, so everyone, basically.
Speaker 1: Today we didn't have much success with the server, but we think that by bringing her out tonight it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: A lot better. So everyone give it up for our server from Soho House. Hey, this is our.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: This is her.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Hi, how are you ma'am man? No? Hold, we wanted to get hold on miscomp We didn't order that.
Speaker 9: That's your fruit.
Speaker 2: Oh we we didn't order the fruit, but thank you. We haven't ordered yet at all.
Speaker 9: Oh do you guys want to order?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we put it in order for like a limeless squalkomole like two hours ago.
Speaker 6: Is that okay?
Speaker 4: You ordered the walkam only no lime because the seasoning you have to pay extra for if you have a house at Soho House.
Speaker 9: In Germany. We do Mexican food.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 9: Oh you guys seem cool. Where are you guys from?
Speaker 2: I have to go Oh.
Speaker 1: No, what.
Speaker 3: Way?
Speaker 5: I was acting?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I was acting. Did you know it was me? Even though I was an actress?
Speaker 2: No, no one new.
Speaker 9: I transformed into the park.
Speaker 1: You transformed into the Sudia is here with us on our Euroad trip. Now I want to know what are your big impressions of brilinsa farm? Because how many days have you been here?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 9: Three whole days before you guys showed up. This is my fourth day.
Speaker 2: I'm an expert roses thorns.
Speaker 4: Okay, my rose is that people will be walking around with a Heineken like it's a bottle of water. Heinekens are the Stanley Cups of Berlin. Yeah, I went to San Souci in potts Dam, had my little because these they would never go.
Speaker 2: I would, Yeah, you would go, I would? What is it?
Speaker 9: And then also a big palace, right, it's a commute on a train.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a palace.
Speaker 9: It's a palace. It's a beautiful palace.
Speaker 1: Anyway, stuff today on the train, when I realized there was noising there, it was like, so I.
Speaker 9: Guess what was going on?
Speaker 4: Kind of like a regional like commuter rail and there's just like this mom with a big ass backpack and she is just like breaks open, not like the normal.
Speaker 9: Beer, but like the big beer. She's just like fuck it. I was like, this needs to happen more. This is amazing.
Speaker 4: Like you're going home from work, you buy the beer in the train station and you get a little not even a buzz, like you take the edge off before you go home, and you have to make dinner.
Speaker 9: It's a perfect system. So that's my rose and that's what I'm going to take.
Speaker 5: With me on this trip.
Speaker 2: Is drinking in public Back in the States.
Speaker 4: Is mom's with backpacks getting a little little tipsy on the train.
Speaker 5: My thorn is.
Speaker 9: Do It's actually not a thorn, it's question do you have to pay for the train?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 9: I have walked on every train.
Speaker 6: I haven't paid. Of God to.
Speaker 1: Say, we thought it was socialism? Everyone does it all?
Speaker 9: Do you pay?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 5: We have answers yes, but they don't do that.
Speaker 9: Wait wait he's saying no. They're saying no, we were on the ooh ooh, on the underground.
Speaker 2: Something kind of ooh something kind of o so but then how but then they do this often.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's gonna happen? If we didn't pay, We're gonna be arrested. Okay, So so who's gonna arrest us you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So we had a plan in case someone was gonna come check our tickets and we would have been link we we would have been like.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we're so sorry, Oh my god, it's so sorry. We would have pretended to be so dumb gay an American, A pretend that's that's check check check.
Speaker 9: I love it here.
Speaker 2: I'm moving here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna move here. I'm going to move here. Except German will not stick in my hand. I was playing dual lingo for like a week before I got here, and I can't remember how to say this is how I think you say bye.
Speaker 9: Some it's juice.
Speaker 6: It's juice, je jez?
Speaker 2: Does it have to be that high head? Juice? Is it like tonally chee?
Speaker 9: It's a tonal language. I just won't stick in my head.
Speaker 4: But I think if I really well, this is also me at every coffee shop where, like you know, I try and be like.
Speaker 9: A good tourist and I like learn my six words.
Speaker 4: So they're like, she made an effort because I think people are giving me a grade in every single situation.
Speaker 10: And I really needed to be an a and so I hope to the people and I'm like hi, or I go like hello, and then I was like cappuccino, bitta, and then they say something back to me in German.
Speaker 11: They're like sorry, and then they go in perfect English, Yeah, we don't have to do this, Yeah, just go or for here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what I know form de lingo does, pot does apphoist and schlumper is that I can get.
Speaker 3: I can get like the tongue placement right, but I can't like the VOGUEA is the toughest part.
Speaker 2: I don't like doing this. We gotta okay, you don't have to do it. Can I say one thing I say is beyond many We were we were saying.
Speaker 3: We were saying that, like Matt doesn't know how to say like welcome in different languages. And then he this is his attempt at yelmy, at French if they don't even want to fuck me anymore, that one was so excited about sucking me before.
Speaker 9: My favorite thing when Matt isn't a country?
Speaker 4: Is that he learns the sounds and then it's just like strong and wrong, just all the way through extremely confident sounds.
Speaker 2: I communicate via winks and shoulder shrugs like.
Speaker 9: It's I don't know my words, but I know my heart international.
Speaker 2: And with that hug, with that hug.
Speaker 1: So this is a really special night. When we thought about who we'd want to have on the show, like we couldn't have scored a better guess we really could.
Speaker 2: Not, We really couldn't have It makes complete sense.
Speaker 3: As soon as we knew we could have her on, it was like, yes, whatever she wants, I will do whatever it.
Speaker 2: Takes to get this person. But one offer it off his body and they declined. But god, she's a fucking legend in every way.
Speaker 3: We saw her live this summer and then me and Josh Sharp, friend of the pod, Josh Sharp, we said.
Speaker 2: Peaches invented everything. Peaches invented everything.
Speaker 3: Like literally, like all these fucking girlies thinking about their pussy and tits right now, have herd a thing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So we're so excited to have her. She's a fucking icon. Everyone give it up for.
Speaker 6: I give it.
Speaker 2: It's a good night. It is how you doing?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: This one is a moment of time and you changed into this. Look Oh my god, char Trus. Yeah, are we calling it chartreuse? Oh?
Speaker 5: Is that the color?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm coloring?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I like that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Am I color blind? Church Trus? Does that feel accurate?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: We're incure about color?
Speaker 3: Everybody? I don't know what's going on. I'm being insecure about color. Oh my god, I'm like not confident about color.
Speaker 5: I see that.
Speaker 9: Ah, Like, isn't this another thing for burk kind It's.
Speaker 2: Like you cannot dress like that? Well, yeah you could. No.
Speaker 12: I showed up at Bert Kine once I went to the door and they said, oh, are you still alive?
Speaker 2: And then what did you say?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm right in front of your goddamn face.
Speaker 2: I mean we're still on the fence about going today.
Speaker 5: Well I'll tell you why not to go. Okay, because you can't go to the bathroom there?
Speaker 2: Wait? Really true, Christie.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, I'm gonna tell you way too much information. I've paid, I've feed in many garbage.
Speaker 2: Cans there perfect, No, you can't get in.
Speaker 12: People are doing drugs and having sex, which is fine, but you can't go to the bathroom there because people are doing drugs, having sex and there.
Speaker 1: But there should be I feel like at a club situation where you know there's gonna be a situation where like many of the stalls are occupied by drugs and sex. It's like, let's have like, first of all, burn it all down, no male female restarooms have This is the binary. Instead one bathroom is for drugs and fucking one bathroom is for pissing.
Speaker 5: And you know what, you know what would happen?
Speaker 12: What everybody would be doing drugs and having sex. Yeah, like great, another place to do drugs and have sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the line will get real long for the drugs and sex. One. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: And as soon as you designate a place to do drugs and have sex, people aren't gonna want to do this thing, right exactly.
Speaker 5: Bring your own porta potty, that's it.
Speaker 2: Bring your own diaper life.
Speaker 5: Diaper life could be a good moment for diaper life.
Speaker 2: Where we go if we showed up to the line and a diaper, I think we would get in. What do you think I mean?
Speaker 4: I once went to Burkhein and then left off to half an hour because I needed to use the toilet and.
Speaker 3: Wow, after waiting in line for hours, and that's real priority sort of setting.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, like I'm going to piss and shit, thanks very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care that you know Lakitu is here or Fred again is here. I'm going to piss and shit at my home. Ultimately it becomes your home. Yeah, listen.
Speaker 1: One of my biggest questions for you, based on what many would consider your biggest song, can you fuck the pain away?
Speaker 5: That is very personal? How dare you ask me that?
Speaker 2: Because I'm wondering myself.
Speaker 5: You can keep trying? Yeah, just keep trying, Yeah, trying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean not Ultimately, I guess you would die trying if you kept trying to fuck the pain away. I feel like when I'm sad and I try to fuck the pain away, I become more sad.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling now? When the heat really is cute?
Speaker 5: Right the second seed, He's like it's me, He's like they're talking about me.
Speaker 2: But I mean, like, where did the song come from?
Speaker 12: Literally it came literally Actually it's it's I was thinking about Pat Benattar, not in a sexual way, but I was thinking about you're a real tough cookie with a long history of breaking little hearts like you wanted me, which is the wrong lyrics actually, which is breaking little hots like the one it But anyway, I was like breaking little hearts like you want, sucking on my titties like you. I don't know what, it's just tail, and it just started going. I really don't know where fuck the pain away. I was in a sad place, but I didn't want to be in a sad place, so it was like, I'm not gonna be in that sad place.
Speaker 2: Fuck the pain away? Got it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I don't think there is a sort of phrasing that just flows off the tongue more easily than sucking on my titties like you wanted me?
Speaker 2: Calling me all it just comes out, It.
Speaker 12: Flows wait all the time, like check out mine my blonde deep Chrissy was gonna play here.
Speaker 2: The Pretenders are playing here in two days. That's what we were saying.
Speaker 5: We're the only ones who came.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. I feel like I stepped peaches up backstage. I was like, oh my god, Christy are the Pretenders?
Speaker 5: And then she's amazing.
Speaker 2: She's amazing, But anyway.
Speaker 3: I feel like the pain Away and is one of those songs that just the second you hear, it's staying with you for life, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like herpies, I've stained you all. Yeah, and thank you for the staining.
Speaker 3: Glitter in the club, Glitter forever, forever, forever. We talk about the downsides of glitter. Actually, that's come up on the podcast several times, the downsides of glitter?
Speaker 2: Does glitter happen at Berghein? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, did he play the movie at Berghin? Do they play glitter the film there? Because that would be fun?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: That schmootz.
Speaker 2: Wait, what is that?
Speaker 11: What is this?
Speaker 3: Shoots Shoots Shoots, shoots shoots Shootz.
Speaker 5: You had that d bat Shmootz. It's the big gay club, the big queer gay.
Speaker 2: Club within Burghine.
Speaker 5: No, by gig, I'm saying glitter will happen at shoot.
Speaker 2: I we're so stupid.
Speaker 1: So you're saying it's like and and forgive me, but you're saying Schootz is more like the faggy gay club where the gay guys are gonna get glitter play.
Speaker 9: You're gonna get in, you're gonna get into.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this is a true story.
Speaker 12: And my boyfriend can back me up because he used to do a party there called Doing the Most.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I'm gonna go visit my boyfriend's party and I rock up. I'm like kind of peaches. They didn't know. They're like who It's like literally the iconic gay club, and they didn't know who I was.
Speaker 2: They were like, you're not Carly Mino.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: We saw you this summer at Ladyland, which is this big gay party in Brooklyn during Pride, and god, you had such an amazing set. You came out dressed to what like, you know, your backup dances were like hairy pussies. Yeah, and then you came out in this gorgeous like neutral, like kind of.
Speaker 5: Yetty hairy six tits.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of sagina. Tit yeah, vagina, Yeah, tit vagina was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Tit vagina vagina.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like a little titmerkin.
Speaker 2: Titmkin.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love that, yeah, tit Mrkin.
Speaker 5: And it was great because it's very you know, like it's functional. Of course, it's functional and performative.
Speaker 12: You know, you can take off hairy parts, leave parts of boobies, on very.
Speaker 9: Function of the mercan beyond esthetic or is it just art?
Speaker 12: It was it backing when mercans in the I don't even know when. Was it the Victorian when they.
Speaker 2: Couldn't let's say it was the Victoria.
Speaker 12: Yeah, back in the Victorian age when I don't really know what it was, but you know they they would shave the hair because they couldn't.
Speaker 5: Like bathe, They couldn't bathe, and then they put merkans on top. Right, Am I making of history? Or is this this is really what it was?
Speaker 9: But we all know what American is, right, is a wig for your pussy.
Speaker 5: I used to have them as I used to have merch, merch, merch.
Speaker 9: It was merch. And it's like, you know, if you're pussy bald or not bald, and it's sits. We're going to demonstrate for you. It's it's right there so you can have the fantasy.
Speaker 2: I love this. We all found the rhythm so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, I'm actually I just disassociated and started to really enjoy this.
Speaker 9: And when you do that, do you feel like you have a vagina? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't no, But in terms of American I would imagine some it's gotta be a little.
Speaker 2: Bit for warmth. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know it as a warmth item, but that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think anyone's ever with the vagina has ever been like God, I wish it were warmer down there.
Speaker 9: Literally, you check the words out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: And I'm proud of you, thank you, thank you, proud of you.
Speaker 9: Because it's not. I've never thought my pussy is cold.
Speaker 4: I thought, oh, my nips are cold, and my pussy could cook an egg. Yeah, and it probably is, and that's why I should freeze them.
Speaker 2: We talked WGA, you know w g A.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is why we strike all right, this is a fun fact. The Writer's Guild of America will pay for your egg freezing in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Move back. If you just think they're okay, they're good.
Speaker 4: If you check the there a box that says that you're infertile, which they don't, and I have some good authority they don't follow up on. And they will give you a debit card with thirty thousand dollars on it, and you show up to the hospital and.
Speaker 9: You just swipe it like every step of the way and you tap it.
Speaker 6: This is why we strike.
Speaker 2: This is why we strike.
Speaker 3: Give it up babies for all, or you can live in Berlin and get free healthcare.
Speaker 2: Oh so that no, no, sort of sort of speaking of health endangerment.
Speaker 1: So another thing that was happening at your show at Brooklyn Pride where we saw you was you begin to CrowdSurf and we were all very excited. But then the harsh reality of crowdsurfing sort of came in, which is that you I walk.
Speaker 5: On teethle you walk on people, wat crowd, a crowd walk on them.
Speaker 1: But you sort of like so, for example, if I were to sort of just like walk off the stage right now, I'd have to trust you guy I've been for with sort of all night.
Speaker 5: He was ready, he was gonna catch you, I know.
Speaker 1: But also like what happened to you when you tried you couldn't trust your own fans.
Speaker 12: I mean, I do it every night, and what did you have to say to the well every night I have to say, like hello, I'm in front of your face, put down your phone, yeah, because they're like, you can't be taking pictures of me crowd walking if you don't use your hands they help me crowd walk, because then I won't be walking, I'll be on the ground, and then they would have killed Peaches, yes, or embarrassed. Yeah right, I embarrassed New York. If you're doing this every night, every night, then this is a huge thing for you to like just trust complete strangers.
Speaker 2: I feel, yes, is it not?
Speaker 12: It is, especially when you're at festivals and it's like the European burning Man thing where they don't announce who's playing, so people don't really know you and they're high off their asses and they have no.
Speaker 5: Idea that your foot's a foot and they're just.
Speaker 6: Like, whoa.
Speaker 2: I'm very surreal because I got kind of like turned on. I will say when you in Brooklyn, you were like, if you.
Speaker 1: Don't doubt your fucking phone, I'm gonna fall and die.
Speaker 3: And it was like so it was like so raw, and it was like, yeah, I like anger in general, but I'll take anger. Oh yeah, yeah, I love you angry love me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really thick?
Speaker 6: Okay, Peaches and are about.
Speaker 2: Canadians, so it's like, this is the outlet. Do we have any Canadians here? Wow? Quite a few.
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 4: Eh?
Speaker 2: How's it going? He did you go to Marine Land as a kid?
Speaker 12: No, but I can sing the theme song marine Niagara, Niagara Falls, Ontario. Wonderful play for you to go Marineland Niagara.
Speaker 1: There are people who are really reacting. Wait, because who else knew it? There was someone over there that was like.
Speaker 2: Your shook.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm a million years old.
Speaker 12: Nobody knows that version. They're like, I know about like from the eighties. I know it from like nineteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Jingles like that back again though Marineland, Like see I want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, I confess that I don't know that version. But this is the marine jingle that I know at Niagara Falls on Terrio. Marineland is the place to go?
Speaker 7: Was fred esteem and did them everyone marine Land?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: Wait, you were sticking really good.
Speaker 3: No not, I didn't stick the landing at the end, Bowen, that's a sort It was a very difficult key you chose.
Speaker 2: And you nailed it.
Speaker 6: You did you?
Speaker 2: So I did it. I prove I crowd gorgeous voice, thank you.
Speaker 3: But then at the end of your set you sang a cover of Private Dancer by Tina Turner, and it was it was truly incredible because like we we thought this that was over. So people started to leave and then you started singing Private Dancer and everyone froze and they were like, what the fuck is she doing?
Speaker 2: Is she Oh my god? And it was I mean we were all in tears. It was incredible.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, and your voice on Private Dancer was so incredible too.
Speaker 2: I mean it was just like, Tina is the legend.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, yeah, give it up for Tina europe Zone for the last years of her life.
Speaker 2: What's it, I said, europe own for the last years of her life.
Speaker 5: I went to see Tina the Musical. Have you seen Tina the Musical?
Speaker 2: You know what's funny?
Speaker 1: The three of us were actually supposed to see it for my birthday on March eighth, and right it was but it was like right when.
Speaker 2: The pandemic hit, but the three of us were gonna go and then we never got to go. Was good?
Speaker 5: I went in London, yeah, like, yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 6: It was so good.
Speaker 2: It was so so good.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to see it in Germany because I don't want to see it in German.
Speaker 3: Right, So is this a thing that happens in Europe where if it's outside of let's say the UK, they will do it in the regional language.
Speaker 12: Yes, got it, And it's not what I want to see. I don't want I want to see Tina Turner in English. Yeah, they'll probably sing all the songs in English, but all the dialogue will be in German.
Speaker 2: And then I see, I see it's private answer your favorite Tina, I would imagine.
Speaker 5: I know I have so many favorites. Yeah, I mean we don't need any Oh wow, so good and come on all the children say.
Speaker 9: Never, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Honestly, that is beyond Thunderdome. Oh my god, have you guys ever seen that Tina is the villain? Do yourself a favor? Because like Tina was serving acting. She was one of those like artists that like could literally do everything, but was like nah, she was like, she didn't give you as much acting as she was capable of.
Speaker 2: She was just Tina. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was like, I'm gonna give you a taste of my star quality in all these areas and then dip and then in the last twenty years of her life she was like I'm here like hanging out, yeah, because I'm finally happy.
Speaker 2: In the documentary, Yeah, she was a Buddhist, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, but she you know, Mick Jagger got everything from Tina Turner, right, you know, yeah, like an asshole.
Speaker 1: No no, but like she's one of those artists like every modern artist has taken from Tina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Hey, does this claim that I made before you came on to the stage ring true to you at all?
Speaker 2: I do feel like there is so much o to you and you're you don't have to like claim this.
Speaker 3: As like a debt or anything, but it's like, I feel like you broke open this thing for so many artists right where it's like it's about it's they're not singing about their body parts in this lude way, they're singing about like gender, they're singing about like the politics of gender.
Speaker 2: They're saying about all these different things.
Speaker 3: And I feel like you really works someone who like innovated on that, like you were the first person I feel.
Speaker 2: And do you know what?
Speaker 5: This weekend is twenty years of Fatherfucker my.
Speaker 2: Second album, Wow Fucker, congrats amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ugh, it's called Fatherfucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Why why don't we say that? Why don't we say that? As a culture? I say it, I just don't say it. In public.
Speaker 5: Oh well, yeah, better start now.
Speaker 1: I'm about the word I wish, uh not my own father, Daddy's. I have been really into daddy porn lately.
Speaker 2: Is this a good segue? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyway, what do you think of like the like because it really feels like in the past ten years or so like sexual frankness and like mainstream pop music and like I'll never forget like obviously, like Janet was doing it in the nineties, you know, Madonna has always been there doing it, like but then I feel like Beyonce's self titled album, that's when she was talking about like you know, turn the cherry out and everything, like it just feels like now it's like a really fixed part of pop music. Even these girls who are like you know, relatively young, are talking about themselves and like getting off in a way that feels like really powerful and emboldened. But I wonder like if you do feel some responsibility for it. But like you know what I mean, like like some like are you proud of these girls?
Speaker 5: I am all for it. I'm there for it. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, get off girls, I'm into it. Yes, yes, I love it.
Speaker 9: Do you think that there is any like taboos left in music or do you think that we've now just have to it's weird.
Speaker 5: It depends where you are.
Speaker 12: It's still contextual, or like, yeah, it's weird. It's still taboo in a way even though it's pop. It's it's so strange that it's like both does that make.
Speaker 9: It tax It depends on the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Completely.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's become more political now, Like it's almost like sexuality in music is like an accepted thing, like candor in that way is just like, yeah, that's what we talk about whatever. And now it's like people would get more up in arms and more like have their pearls clushed if like you made some sort of like political message that like fuck people up.
Speaker 12: Right, like to be more just straight out directly political, right, or would people just shut off? Like that's almost why I did what I did, you know, to give human to it, to give fun to give.
Speaker 2: Like don't.
Speaker 3: It really is this thing where it might not have taken off in this way for other people if you hadn't been so funny about it. Because I think my favorite couplet, like in like any genre I think about this always is I think it's didn't rub where you go.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good on an edible. I'm out.
Speaker 3: If the hole is forgettable. I'm out if the whole is that's a rule of culture. That's rule of culture. What's a hole?
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good on an edible. I'm out If the whole is forgettable, period.
Speaker 3: So good, that's poetry. I am out if the hole is forgettable, because it's hard for a hole to be A whole is like the mac and Cheese of body parts. It's it's hard to fuck it up.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? I think, Oh, I think a whole is incredibly easy to fuck up. I'm saying.
Speaker 9: You're saying a hole is a whole.
Speaker 3: A hole is like everyone's excited for a hole, and if your hole is forgettable, then it has to be pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There is that thing of like when you're like psyched up for sex and you're just like, it's the hole and it really doesn't matter what the condition of the hole is.
Speaker 2: It's kind of just like I'm cross eyed gooning, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So you'd have to be really kind of like I'm not really liking this for the hole to ruin it up. But you're out of the holes forgettable.
Speaker 5: I'm just thinking about mac and cheese. Oh really I am. I love mac and had.
Speaker 2: Mac and cheese the other day at Soha House London.
Speaker 12: You did.
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 5: Do you just go to Soho House?
Speaker 2: From Soho House like it's the hard rock Calf teaches, Yes, it does. It's awful. But wait, what would make a whole forgettable for you? Purl taste?
Speaker 12: It rhymes with edible Okay, okay, okay, but it's.
Speaker 2: A perfect rhyme. It's a perfect thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm not cited a lot, so I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've never forgotten it. We have the bibliography, yeah, the whole lyrics. We asked this question all of our guests. Yes, so Peaches, this is the question that is the lost culturalist's question. It is what is the culture that made you say culture is for me? This is like the formative pop cultural thing.
Speaker 2: It can be like the culture of.
Speaker 3: Your community or like anything and your upbringing that moved you into this sort of cultural direction that main Peaches Peaches, I think it was more.
Speaker 5: Just questioning things like.
Speaker 12: Looking at cultural mainstream and saying why is that mainstream?
Speaker 5: I don't relate to it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so it was like, I don't understand why am I singing along with these certain lyrics? Why am I watching this movie from this point of view that I don't feel is my point of view?
Speaker 5: But I like the movie, I like this song. How can I switch it around so that I feel that I am included?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: That is like the queer way of looking at anything.
Speaker 4: Right, That's like a movie or a song that comes to mind that you're like home that what about a hole that you were like?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, well I always like to use the Rod stupid like I remember I was born in like.
Speaker 5: Eighteen forty two, so.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well it's just like a Rod Stewart song where it's like, don't say a word, my virgin child, spread your wings and let me come inside you like just stuff like that. Why you know, like why I used to sing along with that? Or you know big leg a woman ain't got no soul?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Just like, think, what am I singing along?
Speaker 3: We don't question that? Usually most people don't question that. I certainly have stopped.
Speaker 2: I'll sing along.
Speaker 12: To anything I love, Like I'm like a karaoke junkie, you know, and I'll sing along to that stuff.
Speaker 5: But also I was really, wait, why am I what is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I watched an interview of you saying that your first like moment of performing was singing.
Speaker 2: Can I say this?
Speaker 9: I think it's no, it's perfect.
Speaker 2: It was like you were at someone's like butt mits versus.
Speaker 12: It was Michael Besson's Barmits Run, New York, where most of my family lives.
Speaker 3: You go and like there was a band on stage, and then you were like, oh, that's cool, I want to go up there. And then your mom was like, but can you sing? You were like yeah, and then you went up there and you sang Barber streisand is the way we were?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the corners of.
Speaker 8: Mister.
Speaker 5: Yes we were. But I was seven and I'm singing about divorce.
Speaker 2: It's like you've never taken a picture for seven. I mean that Scattered Pictures. That's one of the greatest towns of all time.
Speaker 5: We're doing that as a duet.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll pay to see that. It's funny you mentioned karaoke. I used to sing.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, we used to go to the Duplex in New York. My ex boyfriend would play the piano and I would sing the way we were to four people.
Speaker 4: Nothing is funnier than a child singing a song with like yeah, no understanding of the meaning, but like all of the SaaS, like does anybody remember like my favorite thing is when like there's a little girl on like this American not this American life on America.
Speaker 2: America's not talent, Yeah.
Speaker 9: On America's next, America's got next, guy.
Speaker 2: Get it out America.
Speaker 4: She's on an America singing show and then she goes out there and they're like, what's your name? She's like cheer, They're like how old are You's like I seven and they're like what will you be saying?
Speaker 6: If?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what you know what it was?
Speaker 1: It was X factor. Okay, so this is what it was. There was an X factor in America. And there was a little girl named Rachel Crow. She was ten and I remember one time, do you actually know this? Are you not in because you know this is insane, this is a pull from the past. But she sang Eda James and it was, oh my god, I'd rather go blind. And she was ten and she was like something tall me and it was like she was giving it like.
Speaker 2: Four hundred years of history.
Speaker 9: She was giving it the pain of a woman who knows.
Speaker 4: And it was this also this time where we were like kind of obsessed with her and kept watching her over this ten year old girl who then had an album come out when she was like a teenager, and there were like some bops on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were obsessed with her, you must stream.
Speaker 1: But what you need to know is she sang I'd rather go blind and gave it literally more gravitas than I've seen any woman in her forties ever give it, and like was eliminated, just like you gotta go, little girl, And I was like, no, that song. She sang that song and was promptly kicked off.
Speaker 2: She gave it.
Speaker 1: The whole thing was she gave it like rasp in the voice. She was giving it like all of it was wild. But she was ten, so maybe it freaked America out. Remember they were like, I don't know, like I don't want to see a ten year old divorcee.
Speaker 2: But Peges did it with the way we were and I.
Speaker 5: Kind of I was with my family.
Speaker 9: Family, but it was like.
Speaker 3: A mixed crowd of people of all ages and then it mess. It must have gone over well enough that you kept doing it right.
Speaker 12: I had to do it at every bar Mitzvah butt miss Vah wedding up until I was like fifteen.
Speaker 9: Always that song, always Barbara, you sing Barbara.
Speaker 12: And then I was like, I'm gonna do Janice Jocqulin now had me the electric guitar, and then I was like yeah, and then everyone stopped asking.
Speaker 1: Me, also asking for Barbara's songs at the time, but it's like there's such downers, you know.
Speaker 2: She hadn't even gotten to.
Speaker 9: Like up in the Isn't that No?
Speaker 5: That was that was happening. And that's another duet that we would kill.
Speaker 2: We would crush it. Are you Donna or are you know you're Barbara?
Speaker 5: I can be whoever you. I like both fines bet whatever part you want to do it, I will talk, okay.
Speaker 4: And I saw Barbara in Brooklyn, Yes we did, and it was Barbara in Brooklyn. Yeah, and it was well, Barbara's my number one and she's like my my absolute number one diva and Matt and I were like singing.
Speaker 9: We were living for enough is Enough.
Speaker 4: She had one of her incredible backup dance backup singers come to the front and they sang it together and then everybody was.
Speaker 9: Like freaking out for this amazing backup singer.
Speaker 1: She couldn't help herself and started to pop off about politics, and one woman in the crowd, like in the back, was like shut down, and we were like, well, you came to Barbara Streisdan in the year twenty nineteen. This is about to go down, like honey, you know it was like twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: It was twenty fifteen because she sang on what a Beautiful World and she was like also because it was her ten Barbara's.
Speaker 9: Ten number one albums. Yeah, so it was amazing.
Speaker 4: And she put up like the album art for every single home Woman, then sang songs from the album, and she.
Speaker 9: Told a lot of stories and all the stories were like when.
Speaker 4: I wanted to do this thing, they told me I couldn't do it, and then I yelled at them until I could do it, and then I did it.
Speaker 9: And it's a number one album.
Speaker 6: Yeap.
Speaker 2: That is literally every story you know. This album art.
Speaker 1: They said they don't like it because you can't see my face, and I said, We're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you say. And then it won Best Album Marth the Grammys. It was never even a category until then.
Speaker 9: So she's singing, what.
Speaker 4: A beautiful world, and then she says, and I sang this for this president, and I sang it for Jimmy Cotter, and I sang it for Bill Clinton, and I'm gonna sing it for the next president, Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then I told her. I told her, I was like, you shut up, you went to barber you know what she thinks.
Speaker 2: And that woman was Lauren Bubbera. Wowow a risk with the Lauren Bobert reference Germany.
Speaker 5: She was getting fingered and yeah, she was like getting.
Speaker 1: Felt her tits all felt up. I came to I came to Europe one time and I was like, so do you guys know, like are like joke political figures? And then everyone knew all of our like horrible politicians.
Speaker 5: They probably know them from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: Maybe give them the platform. We don't get the platform. We just talk about them.
Speaker 2: Ted Cruz sends it the fruit basket. Hey, thanks for getting my name out there. Oh god, terrible.
Speaker 13: Wait, I just haven't you ever heard about this Barbara myth where she has so much stuff, the mall, the mall that they like set up her stuff in the mall and she rebuys her own thing.
Speaker 5: They take her around.
Speaker 6: You've heard this.
Speaker 1: It's so there's a mall under her home which is all her ship and all the things that she has like ever sold, created, producer. And also because she just accumulates over time, there is in this state and then under it it's like Disney World. It's like there's another world underneath it. And also the clone dogs are a real thing. And I knew a girl who was the dog's groomersh.
Speaker 4: So everyready knows she has cloned her dogs because she loved her dogs so much that she'd cloned them. And I just want to recontextualize the mall under Barbara's house, okay, because I do work.
Speaker 9: For her, which is that it actually started because she.
Speaker 4: Got a lot of her old costumes. So she had her costumes from like Hello Dolly and like you know What's Up? Doc, and all these great movies that she had been and she wanted to display them. So she was like, why don't I build a Victorian mall? It really is like Disney because it's from that like era.
Speaker 9: A Victorian mall in my basement to display my costumes.
Speaker 5: This is interesting to only me, I'm reasoning.
Speaker 4: And then she was It's like, wow, we can make the movie theater an old timey movie theater and have an old timey candy shop in front of the movie theater. And then I also have all this memoripilia myself.
Speaker 9: So it's really an extremely innovative and creative way.
Speaker 4: To display your archive to people who would visit your home and may be interested. Me.
Speaker 1: You know, one day if she passes if no no, If I say if, that would be horrible, but like they probably should open it up.
Speaker 4: Well she You know, what's interesting about Barbara is that she is like I think Tina did a similar thing where she's reaching a certain age and so she's very much like curating and really putting the stamp on her legacy. She just had like a center open up that has her name on it. She does tons of philanthropic work and has anybody heard the.
Speaker 9: Album of Barbara at the Carlisle. You must go by this album. Okay, great line, you must go buy this album.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So when Barbara was truly like eighteen and trying to be a recording artist, she never wanted to be on Broadway. She's only on Broadway so that she become a recording artist.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, that's the way to do it.
Speaker 4: So she recorded this album live in the Carlisle, which is a club in New York that still exists today, and it was like a very intimate kind of cabaret recording.
Speaker 9: People are walking out, it's okay.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 9: She so it's like her at like nineteen, singing all these standards. And she found it in storage. She thought it was lost.
Speaker 4: She found it in storage a while ago, and she was like, I'm gonna save this one. I'm gonna save this one for when they really want it. And then she saved it forever and then she like just released it a year ago and it's like a perfect time for I'm gonna stop talking.
Speaker 2: No, no, that was That was the Barbera segment of this show. Give it up, the lights come up, they're all still here.
Speaker 9: Look, and that's for Barbara.
Speaker 2: Barbara the best of all times. She would say, I think it might be time for I don't think I think it's time for I don't think so.
Speaker 1: So this is the sixty second segment of our show where we take sixty seconds to rail against something in pop culture that needs a railing, not unlike us, say, he goes, hey, I'm so shy.
Speaker 2: No, and I think I actually have something based on an experience that we had today. Great, so I don't have a phone. Would you like me to time you?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll give you mine. Okay, sister, they share poonds with each Sure, okay, great, this is Matt Rogers. I don't think so money. His time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so many museums. Sorry, bitch.
Speaker 1: If I go into your step and and there's nothing I can like ride on a roller coaster, or there's no cocktails I can drink, I don't give a fuck. You know what happens when you go into a museum you look at a bunch of fucking tubes. It's like, oh, yes, someone like blue Glass.
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Honestly, honestly, honestly, what is so good about some of these pictures?
Speaker 2: Outside of the texture?
Speaker 1: I got the textures, the ones we saw today, ms Mama that she wrote the ones. I'm telling you, museums you have to be so quiet. You can't walk up to the paintings there. The alarm goes off and then they come over to you and they're like, hey, you can't come close to the painting, and I'm Lifetean said, what the fuck? I wasn't gonna touch it. Oh so if you did have some things you could touch, maybe it will be more fun in here. I would love to for this to be more of a petting zoo, I said every museum. I would love for this to be more of a petting zoo. My no, for Berlin, better petting zoo. And that's one minute, and and you all feel the same. Not one of you actually likes museums. The reason why you go to a museum is because you have your two friends that say they like it.
Speaker 2: And they're lying too. I'm not lying, I'm not lying.
Speaker 9: I wept in a museum the other day.
Speaker 2: She's wept at the climpse exhibit the climp. Yeah, what's the climp?
Speaker 5: Okay, the climpt made it for climped Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh, bingo, bingo. You enjoyed the museum, not today's.
Speaker 3: But I have enjoyed museums a great deal. You agree they'd be better if it was a petting zoo.
Speaker 2: If yeah, if they were.
Speaker 3: More like a petting zoo, sure, yes, But I museums are best when your solo, because then you can go at your own pace, and you can read the placards on your own pace, and you can listen to the audio got at your own pace.
Speaker 2: And that's the way I have to be honest.
Speaker 1: There was a point in the museum today where I literally went into the next room because I know Bowen and Study were gonna come around the corner and see me. And I literally sat on like a couch and looked at a painting because I thought, I want them to see me doing this.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's so many because I did see you do that, and I.
Speaker 9: Go, he's moved. He found it.
Speaker 4: And then I didn't really like the painting you were staring at, but I wanted you to feel like, oh, I'm having the experience.
Speaker 9: So I said about the painting, I said, it really is beautiful. And then I said the texture.
Speaker 2: And that's why I just pointed you durhmam.
Speaker 1: And on this one, I said the texture in that one, because actually it was the only piece of mark that I really looked at all day.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: But can I say something when I sat down to do this bit of Bowen and Study are going to answer in the corner and see we're looking at the.
Speaker 2: Pain I actually was moved by the painting. Wow.
Speaker 1: So maybe this is a reminder for all of us out there to just stop, take a second, enjoy the view.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: So we did this in London where oh I had a prepared I don't think so, honey, and Matt did not. So Matt took something from the audience. I'm drawing such a blink right now.
Speaker 1: So we do this thing called the troll bowl, where an old fans of Lost Coach will know. The troll bowl is where you reach into a bowl of topics. Usually they're popular topics that it would be very difficult to go negative on.
Speaker 2: And Julie Andrews is a great example. I mean, just the other night in London, I did Princess Diana. It's really hard, really hard.
Speaker 1: So I guess Bowen is gonna do a troll ball. Whatever you guys want, I will try and do. I mean, some suggestions of things that will be difficult to go negative on. Go chapelone, guacamole, guacam only, Jimmy Carter, what what the morning show?
Speaker 6: These are?
Speaker 2: These are all very good, These are all very good. These are all very good. Michaels, you should, I guess.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, okay, okay, go oh no, okay, all right, all right, all right, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah you'd be careful. Yeah yeah, yeah. Wait, this might not go this podcast. I don't think so honey in Berlin because time starts now. I don't think so honey, Lord my goals.
Speaker 1: That's one minute. Okay, okay, Sudie Green, do you have I don't think so honey. You want to tear up? Okay, okay, perfect, rise. This is Sudie Green's I don't think so honey, and her time starts now.
Speaker 9: I don't think so honey. Straight Men in groups.
Speaker 8: Terrify.
Speaker 14: Terrifys the shut of lightning that goes from my cerebral cortex to my butthole.
Speaker 9: When I see a group of straight men on the street, I am crossing the street.
Speaker 4: If they are drinking, if they are smoking, if they are laughing, I'm.
Speaker 9: Going the other way. Okay, I'm European men. You're still into skinny jeans and smarting cigarettes. I think that's ultimately queer. But like the whole group thing, it's scary. Okay. When you see that red blossom on your cheek. I'm sorry, it's our vibes. I don't want to see it on my vacations.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see you having fun.
Speaker 14: I don't trust it. I don't want to go to any place where there's a lot of you. I don't think so, honey, men's groups.
Speaker 9: You should be in groups of three.
Speaker 4: And that is it.
Speaker 2: Sudy Green, Sudie Green, so scared.
Speaker 9: It's so scared.
Speaker 2: Look, and there's a lot of them.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what the marathon was. Yeah, it was a lot of them, all running in a row. Are there any straight men even here?
Speaker 3: WHOA, you're spread out but not together?
Speaker 2: Not together? What straight man is here with their straight male friend? None?
Speaker 4: None?
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: It's very tough to be brought and you all got brought, and I thank you for that, sir apla.
Speaker 1: No, what straight man here was like, I'm going to lost coach you you incredible, incredible peaches.
Speaker 2: We talk you backstage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am terrified to do this. No, I am not a comedian, so just laugh for me, okay, or scream it's.
Speaker 2: So, I don't think so any Your time starts now.
Speaker 5: I don't think so, honey. Bad acoustics in restaurants, What the fuck?
Speaker 12: I don't carry I've been, I've been to Michelin Star restaurants. Your presentation, it's a sensory thing, presentation, taste, smell.
Speaker 5: You can't hear a fucking thing. You can't hear the person beside you. People are screaming.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: What am I eating? When am I?
Speaker 5: I want to harder that they're yelling at each other.
Speaker 15: My throat hurts. My throat hurts so much I can't swallow properly and then feel or taste anything anymore. It doesn't make any sense. The music is loud, everybody's yelling.
Speaker 16: Why can't you If you can invest in like land outside of you know, Berlin, to grow your own vegetables and tell us about I want to hear about them, and then you can.
Speaker 5: Invest in acoustic treatment.
Speaker 2: And it's not it's not just seconds.
Speaker 5: It's not just that I'm a musician. We all feel that way.
Speaker 2: It's not just because I'm listeners and we all feel that way. And then Mike was.
Speaker 5: Grop We all feel that way.
Speaker 2: Give it up for Peter, everybody. You have a sad but it's my friend,