Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. He's LeVar Arrington. I'm Jonas Knox in for DP and the guys. We are going to take you all the way up until noon Eastern time nine am Pacific. You can listen to us here on the iHeartRadio app, and no matter where you are, we are doing this show live from the tire rack dot Com studios tire rack dot com. We'll help you get there an unmatched selection, fast free shipping, free road hazard protection, and over ten thousand recommended installers. Tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be. Hello, LeVar, Hi, Jonas. Are we gonna try and pretend like we're professional here for the next three hours? Are we gonna you know what, I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to pretend like I'm here because you chose to do today. That's what I'm going to act like day. I'm going to hurt some people today. Okay, okay, when are.
Speaker 4: We leaving listening? Why is that?
Speaker 3: Why is that the question I'm asking? I mean, I'm not saying, like why are we going to hurt anybody? It's like, all right, let's go do it.
Speaker 2: And now, for those of you that are not familiar, LeVar and I and Brady Quinn do a show, a little ditty called Two Pros and a Cup of Joe here Monday through Friday. Well not that one, no, yeah, not that one. No, we're not you know, we're not scumbacks and weirdos. But the point is we do a show during the week from six am to nine am Eastern time three to six Pacific times, so it's three hours before this and you know, we understand that some of the ways that we talk and kind of treat each other might be a little off putting to some people out there and this time slot, so we're gonna try and be as professional as possible.
Speaker 3: Maybe I had the day off, you decided to do DP, so I'm not gonna let you be by yourself.
Speaker 4: Oh there we are.
Speaker 2: Well I appreciate it. You know, here we are.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Let's not be off putting to our Dan Patrick fan base. Let's just knock it down. We'll talk about some sports.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I mean listen, I you know, it's good to have some help, it's good to have each other. I mean, Anthony Edwards wouldn't know what that is.
Speaker 4: But I would not know what that is.
Speaker 3: You know, Anthony Edwards is sitting there watching seven footers get torched up being defensive.
Speaker 4: MVPs. How the hell did that happen?
Speaker 3: And then you got your other seven footer who thinks he's Mike Conley at five to a staggering five ten in height and can dribble and shoot. So he doesn't he doesn't believe in dirty work down low. He's going to stay out on the three point line.
Speaker 2: Look, I said it, and I was half joking before we went to the break during the weekend.
Speaker 3: Dude, limit them. You are not allowed to shoot more than one three unless you make it.
Speaker 2: I said it, one three and a half for anybody over six eleven, that's it. If you are six eleven and above, you get one three point attempt to half. That's in case there's a buzzer beater needed. If you shoot a three and you are over six to eleven, three game suspension.
Speaker 5: Or you have to right off the back, or you have to be from overseas, right, Yes, you can't be American and shooting threes and be over six.
Speaker 4: We need we need, I'm sorry, we need just to work yeah.
Speaker 2: You want to you want to ten more than one three a half. I need to spit in a tube, send it in the mail, and we need those results back Asack. If you want to make it initial League shooting threes, I'm tired of it, man, I'm sick of it.
Speaker 3: You are not, Joe LMB I just better take guys down on the block. You know what's crazy? They in theory they could control the pace of the game. They could control the game if they just used their length, if they just came down half court sets set up, because you know what, nobody has been shooting lights out, not the Mavericks, not the Timberwolves. They haven't been shooting lights out. There have been offensive struggles like Jonas set. If you're not gonna take your big ass, which you saw it yesterday too. By the way, if y'all not gonna take y'all big asses down on this block and create all kinds of matchup problems down low with your height and your athleticism, then you gotta come sit on this bench. You saw there was some critical points in the game where Anthony Tisan switched. By the way, I was like, I was like, dang, they call him cat cat. Everybody's saying cat. You know what I started thinking, right, Oh God, what's the word you put before cat?
Speaker 4: Damn? I will get canceled.
Speaker 3: I ain't say it, but god, Lee, you know what, you played like a big old pea cat, you know, but say we'll leave it there, big old pea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I smell you're cooking Johnson, just smell. You don't want to smell that.
Speaker 2: Uh no, fair point.
Speaker 5: And if you do, well, you just better make sure it's clean.
Speaker 3: That's ah, make sure you're clean, that's all.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah it is uh. I mean he's four for thirty two in the series. At what point? At what point when you're four for thirty two from three to you go, you know, maybe this isn't it? You know, maybe this is like I I don't know one thing in life that I've tried thirty two times, been successful for with and been like you know what, I'm going back to the well, like literally not one thing in my life. I've been four for thirty two with and saw thirty third. I didn't see a thirty third attempt after that point. Man, Okay, shoot twelve percent. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I don't get it either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, at least he assassinated at least he is said, that's a player.
Speaker 4: I mean he was.
Speaker 3: He eliminated somebody Lively's points, like he wasn't getting points. But at least he eliminated somebody who was getting points.
Speaker 2: That's that is a fair point. I mean maybe Karl Anthony Towns maybe not a three point shooter, but a hell of a muay Thai fighter.
Speaker 3: Because waits the jangles first. That wasn't enough, you know, that just wasn't. That was not enough to hurt that man that way in his pride. Then you're gonna go ahead and and finish him off with the moy Thai knee to the head man.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, it is not not an idea. And I'll be honest with you, I was completely wrong about this series. And and here's the best part is because we're doing this show in a different time slot tomorrow, when we're back in our normal time slot, I'm gonna come back and lie and say I never said any of this stuff. But I'll admit it here because you know what, why not you will have a have a little bit of honesty. Sure, I'll just say this anyway, didn't count.
Speaker 4: It don't matter.
Speaker 2: Say whatever the hell we want, Like it's like our airbnb. You know, we have to clean up after ourselves.
Speaker 3: Well, actually we got that security deposit. Mess it up because they come collecting, like whoa y'all left is a mess?
Speaker 4: Got to pay out? That is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll just say this, So Brady Quinn for super Bowl Week, he went over and was with Dan and the guys for Super Bowl Week when we were in Las Vegas. I believe they were at the Fountain Blue Hotel. Where they were at the place is fantastic. And so he went over there and you know, very studious and professional and all this, we can assure you. A couple hours before that, he was not. Okay. It is two different worlds, all right. So we understand that there's a certain you know, a line we can't cross. But I'll just say this, I was completely wrong about this series. I thought at least Minnesota would have gotten a game by this point if they were down two to one. I get it, And I know there was the heartbreaker shot in Game two that I believe our Lord and Savior, Scott Shapiro was on site for in Minnesota, diehard Timberwolves fan and Luca hitting that game. But I just thought that there would have been either an adjustment made or a and they were. Look, the guys on TNT were calling out Chris Finch like, dude, you got to make some adjustments, Like it's not working. These lineups aren't working. Dallas is eating you alive. Their superstars are playing like superstars. And Edwards at a good game last night. That dunk was was awesome, but he's not getting any help, dude, Like he's just not.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes sometimes you look at at something and you don't give it the necessary credit it's deserving of. Okay, the Minnesota Timberwolves aren't playing bad basketball. You mentioned the whole idea of strategically being a little differently, trying something new.
Speaker 4: I agree with you there. Here's what's interesting.
Speaker 3: This is what this made me think about the fact that they took the defending champions to seven games, got out of the series, and we were looking at Anthony Edwards as here's baby Jordan. We're looking at this Minnesota Timberwolves team as a team that could be contended with, like they really could be a dominant force because you have such an athlete out front with Edwards, and then you have these interior guys that you just they call them the Twin Towers, Like there really should be no reason why anyone should be able to beat this team because you have some good ads guys, you got some perimeter guys that can shoot, you got some athletes, and it's set up for you to be able to out man outsize the team you go up against, like that's just what it is. But when you have Karl Anthony Town scoring fourteen points and the dude is literally shooting you out of the lead, Like, you guys have a lead and this guy is just pulling up from way out there right, it's to me, it's like this has worked for them, and it got them here. They got through the national or the defending champs. That's probably why they felt like, stay true to the sauce and let's push through.
Speaker 4: Let's make it happen. They've been close.
Speaker 3: To winning, they've been up in the games, they've shown that they can compete with this Mavericks team. It's just not good enough. It's just not good enough. And it's not good enough because you have two guys that are playing out of their minds. Kyrie Irving is playing like Uncle Drew on the movie like this scripted, like you guys, stop here, let him go there, stop right there, let him shoot it there? Okay, cut that's that's the scene right there. He's looking like he's straight out of a movie.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 3: And for some strange reason, they don pissed Luka off. And he's been in this series talking mad cash and cash and checks and letting them know, I'm taking your money from the table and I don't care. So when you get two guys as talented as they are that's playing at the level they're playing at, you had better figure out a way to slow down the pace of the game. Play half court sets, use your size, like create files, get to the free throw line. You have to do things that are more lumbering, not more more skilled driven. But because you really only have one guy that can match up to the skill level of playing at that type of pace, and that's Edwards, and that's not play that's not paying dividends. So it's been a rough series for this Timberwolves team. Because they did try some new things differently yesterday, it just wasn't good enough.
Speaker 4: It didn't work.
Speaker 2: I wanted to apologize to Luca because I think I made a statement on Fox Sports Radio over the past couple of weeks and I and I wanted to apologize because it was kind of reckless and I don't think appropriate for what we do when I said that Luca looks like somebody who smokes cigarettes, and I want to take that back. It's not that it's not well, no, not that it's it's it's something I think he smoked cigarettes. I think he's one of those guys that that has a long dart when he drinks, like like he looks like that type of guy, like he's having a couple.
Speaker 4: Of cocktail smoker's death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the next thing, you know, like three four in he's got one behind one ear and one behind the other.
Speaker 4: Are they rich? Like?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Like Lee be saying, No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What type of cigarette would he be smoking?
Speaker 2: I don't know, probably a like a parliament or something like a Virginia slim with like the little thing at the end, like.
Speaker 4: A beat Would he be smoking a beaty?
Speaker 2: Maybe? But you're right, man, he is talking a lot. Man like he knows he's got playing around. Oh, he's got them in his back pocket. He can do what he wants now. Kyrie Irving, his teammate, did speak after the game just about sort of his gift if you will, towards being a teammate to others, Let's take a listen to Ki.
Speaker 6: Ever since I was young, I've always felt like I'm one of the best in the world because I'm able to play with other great players. I don't ask for the ball I'm demanded. I will play defense, I will do all the other things that don't show up in the stat sheet. And that's always what I've wanted to be remembered as everything else that people have thrown on my career has been up to them and what they've seen. And I have to take that, you know, I have to take that fair criticism. But how I feel as a person when I go out there is confidence and effort that will play with the best of the world.
Speaker 2: I don't care who's out there. I don't care who's out there.
Speaker 6: It could be Will m J, Steph Brown, you know, whatever team, And I feel like, you know, if I get a few of my friends from around the way, you know, hey, we might not have a chance that day, but you know, I think just enjoying the game and the competition is what comes with it.
Speaker 2: So that's really what I'm getting at.
Speaker 6: It's just enjoying the competition and enjoying, you know, the failures and the success that coming into.
Speaker 2: It's kind of fun to see the about face that a lot of people are dealing with Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 4: I mean, he did say the world was flat, the Earth was flat.
Speaker 2: You know, let me say it might be look up enough videos on YouTube. It's pretty convincing, I'll tell you that. I mean the way some people of let's have that discussion, right.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm in.
Speaker 3: But it is easy and it is simple to change your tone. Kyrie Irving isn't a belligerent, right, He's not. He's not an irritant in the sense that the things that he says are like a Draymond Green type, right, he doesn't. He's very comes across it's very soft spoken. He comes across as intelligent and intellectual, and sometimes the biggest turn off is when you're you're kind of like that intellectual type that that can hoop, that can do do athletic things. It's like, dude, it's smart. Okay, he speaks intelligently. Okay, he's kind of soft smoke spoken, da da da, this that and the other. Oh, and he'll cross you up, you know. Oh, this is the dude that's walking around with like, what what's the what's the the stuff that you be you know, burning to get rid of bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What was it? Franking sense or whatever it is?
Speaker 2: It smells terrible.
Speaker 3: I think it's like it's debatable, it could go either way, Like it's like kind of sage. There you go, thanks, Joel. It's just one of those things where I think the things.
Speaker 2: Joel, Joel, don't let anybody paint you into a corner. He knew the lions. Please, Oh what you mean? I think you saying somewhere with that? Oh no, he's going.
Speaker 4: Somewhere with that, Okay.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I just I think that you don't have to hate Kyrie Irving like you don't.
Speaker 4: You can choose to have issues with.
Speaker 3: How he does things at times, or what he may say or what it may feel. But I just don't feel like the dude has ever been outright egregious where you should have a real problem with him. And that leads to a moment like this where he's playing well and Luca balances everything out. You know, you got a nice York pian fella. You know, he's more thugged out than Kyrie is, and it kind of balances everything out. It's like eb Benny and iver Read goes to gather and perfect hard.
Speaker 4: That isn't really how it goes, but I'm just saying it's work enough.
Speaker 2: You know what I meant the crap Ai puts out, so you got that on him. By the way, what I'd say about Kyrie is, I think what people question is his decision to want to be away from Lebron James, Like I want I want to be away from Lebron James. I want to go do my own thing.
Speaker 4: I mean that was still a question.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I the problem is the path he took to get there. He went to Boston. That was a disaster and he lied. I mean, there's that. So he's gonna, I mean, when they meet the Celtics in the next round, he's going to get his ass booed into oblivion or as Mike Tyson would say, bolivion when when he goes when he goes to Boston there because they are not fans of Kyrie irving with the bill of goods, he sold them and then bailed and then you know, he got together with you know, Kevin Durant didn't work out. But you had in between there all the vaccination status stuff and all the flatter stuff that you mentioned and all that, and yet here we are, and it's like you can kind of push all that crap aside and just acknowledge, Oh, he's an incredible basketball player. The guy's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: He's a facilitator, he's a score just nasty man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And and for what it's wore to sit there and say he was trying to get away from lebron. I mean, he must have known, he was on the clock that Bronni was coming for big eventually, so he didn't wanted to be disrupted that way.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: He wanted to play his career out with a little bit of you know, you know, stability like lebron has had, you know what I mean, instead of sitting there waiting to see Bronni come take your job.
Speaker 4: So I get why, Yeah, that's it. Away.
Speaker 2: He looked into the future and realized, I gotta get away from this. To get away a lot of danger there, but it is, it is The Dan Patrick Show Here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Jonas Knox with you. We are going to take you again all the way up until noon Eastern time nine am Pacific, so we're gonna have some fun stuff coming up later on. We do a little segment later this hour called in Case you missed it, you know, stick around, you'll understand what that's about. It's going to be some stories from the world of sports and beyond that we haven't talked about or don't have a chance to get to that you might have missed. Also, a special Memorial Day edition of would you Rather coming up in our two of this program, and then we close up shop with another edition of You or You Out. It is all yours, a three hour extravaganza here on a Memorial Day as we honor those who served and fallen for our country here on Memorial Day, please keep that in mind important. I know, LeVar, Big Mike your father spent time in the military as well too, so Memorial Day always important to make sure we remember that for what it is, you know, not one of those it's not a happy or anything. It's remembering and honoring everybody who served this country. Coming up next here though, from these tiraq dot Com studios, we're going to tell you about the potential the possibility of a blockbuster trade in the NFL that nearly went down, and it's yours here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: It's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. He's LeVar Arrington. I'm Jonas Knox with you here. Coming up about twenty minutes from now, we're going to tell you, and have a damn good time doing it, about some stories in the world of sports, one of which it just doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense, to be honest with you, just doesn't really make a whole hell of a lot of sense. And you've got some people, you know, very surprised by this story and this development. But if you've paid attention along the way during the course of this player's career, you'll understand why. Very odd, very strange. We'll get into that for you again. Coming up here about twenty.
Speaker 3: Jonas Kent, Can we take a quick moment, real quick? Yeah, Happy Memorial Day to everyone out there and most specifically to our families that have a fall in love one to do to being in our military. It's definitely a super important day for me. I have a few family members that are memorialized. My father obviously was military as well, and so just want to make sure we didn't get too far into the show before we acknowledge our men and women of service and what today means. For a lot of people, it's a day off, but for some people there's the reality of remembering the sacrifice, the ultimate sacrifice that is connected to our men and women that take care of our freedoms that we are able to enjoy, protect our country and at times protect other people in their countries and times of needs. So thank you to everyone out there that has has served our country in that manner and God bless and thank you to all of the families that allowed their husbands and wives and mothers and daughters and sons and fathers to serve our country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said, well said, So there's a you like speculation, You like what ifs in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Big fan of what is It's big? It draft the game? Yeah, draft, the sport.
Speaker 2: So pro football talk hinted at the potential of something on draft night happening, you know, potentially, they kind of threw the thought out there. You know what, if you know, Justin Jefferson got dealt, you know, there's a lot of really talented wide receivers, he could be a trade chip for them to move up, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Just kind of threw it out there. Obviously it didn't happen. Justin Jefferson still a member of the Vikings. They drafted j McCarthy. But then Charlie Waters of the Saint Paul Pioneer Press wrote this on Sunday. He said, quote, there was buzz at draft time that the Vikings wanted to move from number eleven to number five, not to pick a quarterback, but to get LSU wide receiver Malik Neighbors, who was picked number six by the Giants. Had that trade occurred, Justin Jefferson would have been traded and Neighbors would have been the number one wide receiver.
Speaker 4: All right, but then you don't have a quarterback, right.
Speaker 2: So there's a couple of angles on this, and I think are interesting. One if that was the case, that doesn't seem like, you know, they were as in love with JJ McCarthy as everyone was proclaiming them to be. Like JJ McCarthy had to go there. I mean, he was our guy. You know, we like, this is the move we needed to make, and you know, we traded up one spot because we couldn't lose him yet. We talked to Albert Breer, you and I did you know shortly after the draft, and I just kind of threw the question at him. I said, Hey, basically, what we're saying is that the only team that got the quarterback they wanted was the Bears. He goes, yeah, correct, he goes. JJ McCarthy, I think Breer said, was fourth on the Vikings wish list. So when you couple that with the fact that they were looking to move up and it wasn't for a quarterback. They were going to take a wide receiver and then just figure out quarterback after that, that tells me that you know, this hole, well, they loved McCarthy and they couldn't let him go, and they had it's let's slow down a little bit here, like let's you know, let let's calm down. If this report is true. And again this is two times that this has come out, So something tells me there's a little bit more here than maybe just a rumor or something was thrown out there like that tells me that JJ McCarthy love, we should we should dial that back just a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know, were you gonna use at QB, Sam Donald? I mean, I mean you didn't say that with a whole lot of confidence. I mean should we should we say that? And are we using Mullein like like Sam Donald, Nick Mullen, Yeah, Ruins Mullet, Nick Mullett, you got basketball the bread are you thinking, Chris.
Speaker 4: Mullen, Chris Mullin Mullet, I don't. I don't. The only way I see how this makes sense.
Speaker 3: Regardless of how they feel about JJ McCarthy. The only way I see how this makes sense is you have a guy in Justin Jefferson that has made it clear that his leverage point right now is the fact that he is one of the hottest receivers in the league right now now. Outside of dealing with the injury with the hamstring last this past season, he's proven to be a top two, top three receiver.
Speaker 4: In this league.
Speaker 3: We don't know, like you got through this year without Cousins. It wasn't the greatest of getting through years, but nonetheless his value is still significant. That is his leverage going through a year with Sam Darnald. Don't expect to me. I don't anticipate that a traveler, a journeyman like Sam Darnald is going to be the catalyst of Justin Jefferson having a career year.
Speaker 4: And I don't know that you can.
Speaker 3: Expect that from JJ McCarthy as a rookie Jonas. So if I'm just Jefferson, I'm taking my stand on the hill. I'm gonna die on this hill and you're gonna pay me, and you're gonna pay me now. Otherwise I'm not playing. We're gonna have an issue, like we're we got to drag this out. And for what it's worth, you allowed Kirk Cousins to leave knowing that you didn't really have a great quarterback in place. Then you go into the draft and as you're mentioning, if this guy isn't even top three, top four on your draft card, on your draft list, then not had better be a super ridiculously high grade for the top four or five quarterbacks that are in the draft. So it doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't the greatest of the grades. It just means that the three or three or four whatever that are ahead of him are really just that good. Where they added JJ McCarthy out. I think JJ McCarthy gets a bad rap at times because he played for a team where where Harball made it a point to have a tough ass the offensive front. They can run the ball, they're going to grind the ball, they're gonna they're going to do do the like fundamental things of running the football. But JJ McCarthy can throw the ball. JJ McCarthy is a legitimate guy at the quarterback's position.
Speaker 4: Now is the elite at the pro level? We have yet to know that or to see it.
Speaker 3: But with all that being said, there's going to be uncertainty about any of these quarterbacks from one through However many went went for what six, five or six. Yeah, there's going to be uncertainty surrounding all of those quarterbacks. So there's no there's no uniqueness. And saying that this could go one way or the other. The question now becomes if this is indeed true that they were willing to deal justin Jefferson in some way, somehow that becomes common knowledge that is believable within the organization. Then what does that mean for the chemistry of the front office and the locker room. When you just let Kirk Cousins go and now you're talking about you were going to let your best player go in a trade if you were able to get elite neighbors.
Speaker 4: In the draft.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound like a healthy culture if you ask me, it doesn't sound like a team that's hitting in the right direction unless you're selling the fact that Jordan Addison could step in and be that type of guy that they need it or have and Justin Jefferson, either way, I don't think it's I don't think it's good.
Speaker 2: It also tells me that, you know, contract talks aren't going too hot with Justin Jefferson. Like if you're thinking, like and I know Minnesota's drafted a wide receiver, well, like they're one of those teams like the Steelers. The Steelers have drafted a wide receiver, Well so them, Then letting a wide receiver go makes sense because they trust their ability to identify talent, draft him, develop him, and turn him into a star. And Minnesota's had a pretty good run Stefan Diggs, Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison appears to be really good, you know, potentially a really good player, had a good rookie year, But like Justin Jefferson feels like one of those guys. And look, you do a show with TJ. Huschmanzada, with Plexico Burus up on Game here on Fox Sports Radio every Saturday. You know, for those of you out there cruising round on a Saturday, like, I wonder like those guys probably look at a guy like Justin Jefferson and go, yeah, he's one of like the top two elite wide receivers. Like he's he's a different wide receiver that's not one that you just part ways with because you think, oh, we're going to find a comp to him in the draft. The fact that they were even considering this and that you know, it was floated out there a little bit, and then you had the Saint Paul Pioneer Press, you know, put this out yesterday and just say listen, man, there was real conversation about them. Like that tells me that maybe the asking price or the numbers he's thrown at them to want to get a contract done are way beyond maybe what they're comfortable with and it like so that's that's why I look at this and I go, there's a couple of side to it. One, if they were, you know, interested or considering moving up in the draft to take a wide receiver in the draft and dealing Justin Jefferson, what does that say about the quarterback you did end up drafting? And also what does that say about the potential that Justin Jefferson and this contract might not get done a.
Speaker 3: Minnesota And does that indicate that there's a possible you know, commitment or decision to rebuild. Does that say that you don't feel as though your team today is good enough to actually be able to contend with you know, the Detroit Lions? Like what is look because you're getting hard. Number ones are really hard to find. Yes, they are hard to come by. An established number one in the league is super hard to come by. What does that represent if you're willing to let him go, doesn't mean you have two number ones? Do you look at Jordan Addison as a number one or are you looking at the fact that we lost that quarterback? Our receiver is going to ask for asking price that may be too rich for what we want to pay based upon the idea that you know, he puts himself in implausible deniability with the fan base by saying, look, I'm trying to stay. I want to stay, but if they don't want to pay me, then now that turns into a situation where I'm not going.
Speaker 4: To play for less.
Speaker 3: Than my value. So I think it's a this is a curious position. I think that Minnesota has put themselves in. I think Justin Jefferson now has even more leverage to be able to try to negotiate a big time contract with Minnesota.
Speaker 2: At the moment, I think they're closer to a rebuild than they are contending. You might be right because I think that when you made the decision to part ways with Kirk Cousins, you got worse. Like you say whatever you want about Kirk Cousins, like to me, they're in contention to win that division with him, and now everything's sort of up in the air. You have no idea what you're going to get with JJ Karthy, You have no clue, And they took they took the chance that they were going to be able to find a guy, and now is you know, it's it's being reported, you know, by the Saint Paul Pioneer Press that you know, maybe they were going to move up in the draft and not really to find a quarterback, to find a receiver so they could trade their star wide receiver Justin Jefferson. That's why it's again. I mean, look, it didn't happen. We're here, They've got McCarthy. Justin Jefferson's there for now. I just wonder, you know, if and when this contract gets done for Justin Jefferson in the Minnesota Vikings. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. He's LeVar Arrington. I'm Jonas Knox in for DP and the guys. We are brought to you by Mercedes. The brilliant e q E s UV from Mercedes Benz with available digital light technology. It's so smart even the headlamps are thinking the vehicle is all electric to feeling is all Mercedes. Learn more at MBUSA dot com Slash e q E Dash SUV. So coming up next here, we are going to tell you about a story in the NFL that if you been paying attention, you know, I mean, this is part for the course with this player, but it's a little weird that it's happening now find out what it is next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. It's a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Jonas Knox with you here. Coming up top of next hour a little over fifteen minutes from now, We're gonna tell you about somebody in the NFL who potentially could be embracing their role as a villain and it could be a fun watch moving forward, it's gonna go one.
Speaker 2: Way or the other. We'll explain why that is, and you will hear from him coming up here again a little over fifteen minutes from now, before we get to another edition of In Case you missed It, which is something that we do here during the week on two Pros and a Cup of Joe, myself, LeVar Arrington and Brady Quinn. You can hear that show weekday, six am Eastern Time, three o'clock Pacific. Shortly after the show, our podcast will be going up, so if you've missed any of today's show, be sure to check out the pod. You search two Pros or Dan Patrick wherever you get your podcast. Be sure to also follow, rate and review the pod. Again, you can search two pros or Dan Patrick wherever you get your podcast, and you'll see this show posted right after we get off the air. And away we go with another edition of incouraging.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't get to everything in the world of sports or entertainment. Good thing, the guys are here to bring you in case.
Speaker 4: You missed it.
Speaker 2: But now we turn it over to our executive producer, Lead.
Speaker 7: Lap Good Monday morning, everybody, Good morning, Jonas, Good morning, le Bar, Good morning everybody out there.
Speaker 4: And guess.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Leviar.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate that. Hey Brady, what.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, well Hayley, Hey guys. In case you missed this, OTAs are underway, and while veteran players skipping OTAs is not uncommon, it wouldn't be uncommon to maybe expect Stefan Diggs to show up for OTAs, seeing that he's on a new team, that being the Houston Texans.
Speaker 2: But of course he isn't.
Speaker 7: And if you remember back to last year, he was dismissed only one day into ot AS from uh Sean McDermot, who's coach.
Speaker 2: Then with the bills.
Speaker 7: Uh, he showed up the next day. Everything was uh, you know, brushed under the rug. Everything seemed fine. But fans are a little uh, they're raising their eyebrows the fact that, uh, Stefan Diggs is not at Ots, Well it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not like he's ever been disgruntled before with any other team, So you know, there's no why would he be. Now that's white strange little it's a little odd. I mean you would think, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, maybe he's just not an O guy.
Speaker 3: You do know that organized training activities is something that is not mandatory.
Speaker 2: It is voluntary, right.
Speaker 3: So to turn it's it's I think it's you're with a new team, shouldn't he show up. It's not fair to villainize a dude for not showing up to volun He's a vet.
Speaker 4: He's a vet.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, sure, it makes sense that he should be there because he's a new guy, this, that and the other. But you know what, if he has a routine that he has and he's been using for all these years, then that's not something that should be a deal breaker.
Speaker 4: It should make him a villain.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean new team shouldn't he be there like it's a brand new team, Like I don't know. I just I would show up. But again, you know some people are just build different. You know i'd show up. I also have no life, so what else happen?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's why we're doing radio? Gay, I thought I was going to get to sleep in today, Joel. This dude talking about out do DP show.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: I can't say no, we know you'd.
Speaker 3: Be at OTAs front center A coach Jonas Knox here reporting for duty.
Speaker 4: Coach?
Speaker 2: Can I stay after a few minutes? Coach? I don't know why these guys are going home.
Speaker 3: I mean it seems like they like to go home and they love their home and their their families and stuff. You know me, I'm going to just stay here and be great.
Speaker 2: You guys hang out with your families. That's weird, Lee, What else you got? Guys?
Speaker 7: In case you miss this, Colorado defensive back safety Shiloh Sanders, son of of course coach Dion Sanders, is reportedly being sued for nearly twelve million dollars UH. He has now since declared bankruptcy, which is now brought into question what he is earning in the nil he has declined to with, you know, declare what he is earning, only able to claim that he is about three hundred and twenty five dollars three hundred and fifty excuse me, three hundred and twenty five thousand dollars worth of assets to his name? Is this lawsuit is coming from a twenty to fifteen metter in which he was alleged to have assaulted a high school security guard in Texas?
Speaker 2: Can I ask? Can I ask a question? A historical question? Lebar? You would probably know this is Shiloh Sanders, the first college football player to ever declare bankruptcy while playing college football. Probably can we get a round of applause?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: You know you gotta get some history in this world. And let me tell you something, little bankruptcy, I got your spring game right here, little bankruptcy here to get your season going. The hell's going on here?
Speaker 3: Man trying to tap into that nil money that was getting I thought it was Shador who did it. But okayyad, the article correctly.
Speaker 7: Does this move Shiloh up or down in the rankings of Dion Sanders kids, because you know he ranks his kids, right Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Well he's already known that that the kid you know, got into a little tussle with the security officer anyway, So I don't think it plays any part in his ranking at this current moment in time. In fact, in fact, I mean the fact that he's showing some business prowess here, maybe maybe it ups his ups his rank.
Speaker 2: I mean value, you know, for what it's worth. I mean, if my son filed for bankruptcy, I mean I just dropped him off in the woods somewhere and drive off like you figure it out, buddy. All right, let me let me know what. You figure out a way to come up with that extra ten million dollars and then then we'll have a conversation. But again, first ever do it. So that's something, you know, you got to celebrate that stuff sometimes.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 7: What else we got lee, guys, In case you missed this, If you need a new reason to be up in arms about Lebron James, Apparently he was caught on video by a fan while he was at an AAU team game for his son, watching the MAVs Timberwolves game on an illegal streaming site. I will not name the site, but this was last Friday. For the last Friday, he was trying to watch game two of the MAVs Timberwolves.
Speaker 2: Second, why won't you name the site? Lee, I don't know. I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't. Okay, well, we'll explain why you wouldn't want to name the site before you name it, Like, what's your reasoning? Mind it because you don't want them to take the stream down so you can watch something. That might be the case. This isn't the site. I excuse me.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I might have to do some research and to see what Lebron. What are these streaming sites about? I mean, you know he's hurting for cash? What do you want? I mean, this stuff gets expensive, man, trying to find all these you know, all these places that you can, you know, have to watch all these games on you know, everybody can can get the money together pay for all these Some.
Speaker 4: People think that the NB this site nuts. Come on the bar.
Speaker 2: Don't let him dime out his source, he.
Speaker 4: Lee, what's the site?
Speaker 2: The site is www dot Say
Speaker 7: No, no, I'm good, We're good.