Speaker 1: You know, without pads us us getting into them a little bit. Obviously they're looking forward, but we gotta find a way to respond. I think that's where football is. How do you respond to when you do get hit a little bit. They got pads on too, and they get paid to play, so at something we're gonna respond better for tomorrow. I think you know, if you look at it, we're gonna go correct where we're supposed to correct.
Speaker 2: The competition and the energy taking up a notch now that pads are on. I'm Kadannie Stevens here for Jacks a M. Brian Sexton and John Osier are with me. It's a day off for the players. But the pads went on this week and the competition level went way up as well. We're gonna start off with big things, and our first big thing is full pads, full go. As pads went on this week, we saw competition on both sides of the football amp things up, specifically in one on one drills. Brian, when you were watching in the last couple of days with pads going on, what was the biggest thing that stood out to you.
Speaker 3: On one pass rush?
Speaker 4: Obviously, and we talked about it earlier in the week when we did our show on Monday about how the pads would create the edge, would create the intensity, And yesterday it was the hottest, longest practice so far, and there was a fierce competition, especially when they were doing one on one with the offensive and defensive lineman working in the run game. And to watch Cam Robinson, you know, mixing it up. Mason Smith is a guy who has been very vocal when he's had successes. The energy level went up, the intensity level went up, and it was good. It was good to see the scrappiness.
Speaker 5: It's not a nice game.
Speaker 3: Guys weren't nice to each other during the drills.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, training camp sort of start sometimes when Cam decides he's not going to take anymore, and I love him for that. It's it ramped up the last couple of days. There's still another level that they'll reach when they actually start their quote live stuff.
Speaker 5: It never gets fully live.
Speaker 6: But this is all part of that thing that I'm still getting used to, the whole acclamation period of training camp where people jump the gun, because in the first few days of this thing it's really like OTA's but in the last couple of days it has felt a little closer in the mid nineties football, although it'll never be mid nineties football.
Speaker 2: Guy, it's not like the days anymore, but we do try. It's good to see a little bit more competition out there, and as you mentioned, it does feel a bit different the last.
Speaker 5: Couple of days.
Speaker 2: Our next big thing is Tide's turn. Obviously there was a lot made those first couple of days. We talked about the offense not really looking like they had things together. John, we talked about not making too big of a deal about it, but it was nice to see the last couple of days the offense has looked a bit different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it seems like every year we say we're not gonna forget that the first couple of days or just the first couple of days, and then we forget and we panic. Some people sort of attribute to the offense coming around to pads. I think it's more they game plan not at all in the first couple of days, and then as you start seeing a little more comfortability with plays, as Guy likes to say, and then you know, as you see a little more scheming against the defense, you see a little more success. Brian, it's hard in the NFL to line up eleven on eleven, not scheme at all and beat other world class athletes. They need to scheme, and I think we've seen it the last couple of days.
Speaker 4: Well, John, especially guys that you practice against. I mean, it was no surprise to me that it was Dewey who had the two interceptions in the red zone last week, because he's event, he's been around, he knows what to read. He sees this every day. It's just part of the process. In meetings, right, they lay out the practice plan. Guys know who they're repping against and what time they're repping. It's not a complete surprise. They're trying to get good work done and that doesn't always equate to making it simple for one side or the other. Guy like Dewey can make a guy look bad just by taking advantage of the situation.
Speaker 2: That's important to remember. They're running set design plays, right, they're in the red zone, they're on third and long. They're doing that because they're difficult plays. So sometimes that's what we're watching as well. But it is nice to see the offense the last couple of days. Our last big thing today is going to be competition now there's competition in a lot of different groups on this team, Brian, When you were looking at position groups, is it the secondary? Is it what you've been seeing with the wide receivers. What's a position group of competition that you've been excited to watch so well?
Speaker 4: A linebacking group is Listen, you know what you've got in Foyer, Lucan and in Devin Lloyd.
Speaker 3: And they're really excited about the way he's playing.
Speaker 4: He's playing the middle linebacker position a lot more right now than the weak side or even the strong In fact, I think he's going to be to mic this year, and they love what they're seeing from him. Ventrel Miller, who last year suffered an achilles tear and that generally is a long rehabit, especially for a linebacker that you want roaming all over the.
Speaker 3: Field, He's looked great.
Speaker 4: He left practice on Monday with a little bit of a hamstring tweak man.
Speaker 3: He was back in it, I mean back in it.
Speaker 4: And the guy who's running all over the field, he's not going to unseat either of those other two guys, but he's gonna push for playing time and I can tell you for a fact they want him on the field in situations because you know, linebackers get banged up, they get hurt, and this guy needs to be ready to go. Talented guy, very talented guy. So that inside linebacking position it's fun to watch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if Ventrell's healthy, he can play. I mean his issue has been health over his career. I guess I kind of went chalk and watched the lines. That's what you watch first couple of days of hitting. You get one on one pass rush, you get some lines going against each other. I liked what we saw from Devon Hamilton yesterday, who did a great job against Mitch Morse, and there were some people saying, well, Mitch Morris, what's.
Speaker 5: Wrong with him?
Speaker 6: Maybe nothing, because Devon Hamilton at the end of twenty two, remember, was turning into a dominant force.
Speaker 5: Was sort of, you know, not able to do anything last year.
Speaker 6: If there remains something to watch for me if Devon Hamilton is dominant, Devon Hamilton boy. All of a sudden, this defensive line with Armstead and with Josh Allen and with Trayvon Walker.
Speaker 5: He started listing a lot of guys that.
Speaker 6: You have to account for as an offensive line, and they can't account for everybody, by.
Speaker 3: The way, that was Devon. He had a great day on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: On Wednesday, Mitch was much more stout, he was more prepared. Remember he hadn't faced Devon, so I'm not sure he was ready for his power. And it was noticeable on Wednesday that he was much stronger and much more ready to handle. Although Devon is still a big handful for anybody, and to.
Speaker 2: Practice that way, it's only going to make both sides of football better. We talk about iron Sharpen's iron, and now it feels like we really truly have competition at these different positions on the team. Stay with us here on jag Zam. Coming up after the break, we're gonna go over what we've seen at practice this week.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm Dan Field and we have some great news. Fields has a vehicle you want in stock, prist write and ready for delivery.
Speaker 8: Field's Auto Group is Jacksonville's luxury automotive destination for Cadillac, Jaguar, Land, Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, Men's and Porsche. Inventory is back and available for immediate delivery, and.
Speaker 9: Every Field's customer can take advantage of our Field's Amenities program with complementary loaners, car washes, and our cafes.
Speaker 5: You deserve the best.
Speaker 8: Stop by today or go to Fieldsauto dot com.
Speaker 10: We're excited to announce a special activation at select training camps.
Speaker 5: Join us as we celebrate the.
Speaker 10: Corner at deb Store coming soon to the East Side community. Operated by Goodwill Industries of North Florida, the deb Store will help change lives in the historic out East through fresh foods, education, and career opportunities. In partnership with various community partners, this project will create a space where residents can thrive. Watch out for the deb Store van at select training camps this July and August, where you can enjoy free samples and learn how to support this initiative.
Speaker 11: The ten Yes another successful move to a new home. I tell you, folks, I've never seen a team more prepared than the Sunneth grow. With a dominating lead in training, trust and efficiency, It's no wonder why Sutteth is the official moving company.
Speaker 12: Of the Jacksonville Jaguar. For the past one hundred years, Snath has provided local, long distance, and international moving services in jacks. While the Jags are moving the chains on game day, Snath is helping you on moving day. Visit sutnath dot com slash jags for a guaranteed quote.
Speaker 13: Chelsea here with Renewal by Anderson. Renewal By Anderson specializes in energy efficient, custom built replacement windows and doors that are twice as tough as vinyl. Save money through the month of August and save three hundred on every window and eight hundred and twenty five dollars on every patio door, plus zero down, zero payments and zero interests for twelve months. Some restrictions apply. Prow partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Go to rbfla dot com to book your design consultation today license number CGC one five two seven six one three.
Speaker 14: Ready to fuel up for summer fun, join the Mygate Rewards loyalty program and pump up the savings this summer. Become a new Loyalty member and save twenty five cents per gallon on your first fillip. Already a member, now you can earn rewards ten times faster for every ten dollars spent in store, say five cents per gallon at the pump stop by Gate today to crank up your summer savings offer ins August thirty, first twenty twenty four.
Speaker 15: Okay, Hun, the sink isn't draining well, kind of makes it sound like this.
Speaker 5: Wants that sound again? Good? Sounds like hair down the drain mine.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm not pro we should call duck duck Ruter and make the sound for them.
Speaker 16: Duck duck Ruder, however you describe your plumbing problem, we have your solution. Duck duck Ruder, proud partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars nine, four, eighty seven.
Speaker 8: And sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Jack They haven't brought to you by Field's Auto Group of Jacksonville, Jacksonville's premier luxury auto group. He can go to Fieldsauto dot com check out everything.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm over here trying to win, trying to do my job, really, just trying to impress the new staff here. No, Coach Nielsen is a pretty pretty hard guy, so I'm impressed. I'm trying to be the best for him because I think if I play well for him, He's going to take my career to a whole new level. So I think I just keep saying the team wins, we all win. That's how I'm focused on.
Speaker 2: One of your leaders there on defense, Captain Foyer, Luke saying he's trying to go out there impress new DC Ryan Nielsen certainly what you want to hear from one year leaders listen.
Speaker 4: Nielsen obviously is impressed. He gushed about him at his news conference the other day. And Foy, he's had a really nice camp, you know. I mean, and he's one of the first guys out on the field. And I can tell you because I walked off with him yesterday. The last guy's off the field. He's on the drugs machine, he's catching tennis balls, he's he's working with Josh and Trayvon. I mean, he's just he's one of those guys who loves the game, loves to practice, loves to play, and doesn't want to miss a minute of it.
Speaker 6: Look, Foy went to Yale, and so he's a small college guy coming in is it haven't heard of it?
Speaker 5: It's prety good. It's no Florida.
Speaker 6: But but he knows and he always plays with that chip and he's smart enough to know that that's what it takes to do in this league. He is a constant effort guy, always going to lead by example.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: I guess not surprised that he's taking this approach and I would expect him to be uber productive again this year.
Speaker 2: So, Brian, Brian, you mentioned Ryan Nielson talking about Foye. We have that SoundBite because so far he seems pretty impressed.
Speaker 17: He's flying around as good as any player we have on our defense.
Speaker 11: Right now.
Speaker 17: You see him if you just watch his body work and you just watch him out practice today, the way he finishes plays. You know, he's aggressively going to get the ball, punch outs and I mean, he's had a really good career so far, and so you're seeing that. It's really cool to watch him because he's taken his role and kind of made it his And that's what we tried to do for all the players is hey, here's fundamentals technique, and you know, make it yours. And that's what he's doing. Yeah, it's really cool when he's the ball goes to the other side and he's running thirty yards down the field to go finish on the play, Like, Yeah, that guy loves football. He's given everything he got for this football team.
Speaker 2: Seems to have already made a good impression on the new DC do a little this or that in regards to that, do you feel like Ryan Nielsen has been impressed thus far just because of the effort he's seen, or do you think there's a lot more work to be done on defense?
Speaker 5: I mean the whole group or holds a group as a defense.
Speaker 2: I think he's spoken highly of them thus far, so I feel like they bought in pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: Listen, he's an impressive coach and the way he communicates so clearly what he wants, and I like to watch him on the practice field as he goes from group to group to group. Right, he steps over with the defensive lineman and can John being to coach them on their one on one pass rush technique, can drop over to the linebackers, or go to the secondary safeties or corners. It doesn't matter wherever he's at. He knows exactly what he wants from the players. Look, that's eleven players, right, And it's three different levels to the defense, and it's two different practice fields, and none of it seems to be beyond his ability to be right there in the moment, focused on whatever the player in front of him needs to do.
Speaker 3: He's a really impressive guy.
Speaker 4: So if he's impressed a and he wouldn't say this, it's because he's done a really good job, and his coaching staff has done a really good job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have the buy in.
Speaker 6: It is an attack aggressive scheme that is simpler than what they have been in, so I think it's not surprising that they'd be grasping it. Ryan Nielsen praised the defensive coaches the other day for getting them into it quickly. Look, we haven't seen a regular season game, but everything that you want to hear and see from a defense that is in its first year under a guy, it does not seem at all like they're lost in it, which that's going to give them a chance or what five weeks away from the regular season. If they're not lost now, you should see more speed and more suddenness wants the reaular season.
Speaker 4: And look not it's crochade at the previous staff, but it's night and day the way these guys communicate, and you can see and hear how the players communicate with one another, and I think, guys, tell me that didn't happen last year.
Speaker 2: Communication was a big issue. Secondly, the back half of the season when things were all going wrong.
Speaker 5: Another of this or that.
Speaker 2: John, you talked a little bit.
Speaker 3: About watching the offense and the defensive line.
Speaker 2: Obviously, both of those need to be good if this team is going to be good. But what's most important to you? I feel like we talked about every week last week, but going into this, how.
Speaker 3: Have you looked at it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Both, Oh, and.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to avoid the question. Yes, it's different storylines right the defensive line.
Speaker 5: The talent is clearly there.
Speaker 6: You've got Armstead, You've got at least four guys. They have a chance to be big time players in Hamilton Walker, Armstead and Josh.
Speaker 5: They have to be that. Those guys to me, have to be stars. They have to be core guys. If they are, it's a.
Speaker 6: Special, special group. Ovens of line's a little bit different. It has to be better than it was last year. And Miss Morris has to be stouter. Which is more important? I mean, if I would say it like this, if either don't do the things we're talking about, then I'm not sure the team makes the playoffs. I mean, I think they both have to be better, and I can't really say which is more important because I think if you if either of them aren't the seasons in trouble, for argument's.
Speaker 4: Sake, I'll take one and I'll say that this league is tilted so heavily in the rules towards offense.
Speaker 3: They want to see offensive explosion.
Speaker 4: And this team is built with a fifty five million dollar quarterback in the first round draft pick is another wide receiver, and the tight end is amongst the highest paid at his position. They need this offense to funk, and it clearly didn't last year because they couldn't stay on the field. Ky worst in the league at third down and three yards or less in terms of conversions.
Speaker 3: Their inability to stay on the.
Speaker 4: Field, it broke down any cohesiveness, any sort of real play calling rhythm that you wanted to get in. Everyone wants to point to Press Taylor. You got to understand the bigger picture of what wasn't working. Their inability to convert and to run the ball. They couldn't run the ball in from a yard out on fourth down in Tennessee cost him a chance to type the game and maybe go to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So to me, it's offensive line this year.
Speaker 6: I'm as passionate as he is about the offensive line. And I keep remember in the last five games of this season when it was.
Speaker 5: So yeah, true, I mean that's true. But in an offensive league outside with Brian on that.
Speaker 2: Do you guys feel like there's an added depth to both positions. Obviously a lot of that was injury, specifically on the offensive line. A lot of it was injury and kind of shuffling people around this time of the year. Doug's been talking a lot about getting people ready so if someone and when someone will go down that they're ready to kind of step in and not be so flustered by it. I feel like the offense has at least so far been good with that, but the defense has to be able to rotate a lot.
Speaker 5: Specifically with the new scheme, they're going to be doing that a lot well.
Speaker 6: The defensive line, I do feel like they're deeper, I guess because I feel like if Devon is healthy and if Armstead is playing and he's at his level, I think they're deeper in terms of Armstead, Josh and Trayvon can all play edge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can.
Speaker 6: You're stronger for longer in terms of getting disruption, So I think they're deeper in terms of having guys who can really impact a game. Are they deeper at seven or eight? Ledbetter's look good goat says I mean, how.
Speaker 3: About were Robertson Harris. Yeah, he's an impact player.
Speaker 6: I think they're pretty deep, but I think they're really really good and deep at the top, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 3: And listen the offensive side, A little concerned.
Speaker 4: We'd hope to see more of Cooper Hodges, right, he was gone all last season, injured his knee in the Dallas game.
Speaker 3: Now he's dealing with a back.
Speaker 4: I think he's he's not out there, and he's a guy that you want pushing both Brandon Sheriff and you want him with Ezra Cleveland.
Speaker 3: I think Cleveland has look good. I think Sheriff has looked good so far in.
Speaker 4: The two days we've seen a fully padded practices, and I think Morse has something to say. Hodges is an important piece. Sheriff is an older player. Morse is an older player. They need youth. They need young guys who can step in and be the future of this thing before too long. I'm a little bit concerned about the lack of depth on the inside because I love Shatley.
Speaker 3: He's been here a long.
Speaker 5: Time, but you know he's here, he's for a long time, and so they need.
Speaker 4: Young guys who can play inside and they may be looking for more of those.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they're in really good shape. On the outside.
Speaker 6: I think a huge I mean it's one of the storylines of training camp. Are they deep on the interior?
Speaker 5: Do they like fordn Er? Do they like Schett? Who's the guy beyond those top three? I think it's a major story on.
Speaker 4: Fortner and Chattley are okay pieces right, And I say that with respect.
Speaker 3: I don't mean it to be that way, but Hodges is the guy with the.
Speaker 4: Breakthrough potential, the strength and the ability to play that they need more of those. Fortner and Chattley were here last year, they were okay. They haven't gotten better. You need Hodges to get better at depth, and we know that the.
Speaker 2: Team is high on Cooper Hodges.
Speaker 5: Hopefully we'll keep an.
Speaker 2: Eye on that injury and see where things go.
Speaker 3: Say with us here on jag ZAM.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we'll talk about what we've been seeing on practice and what we predict the next week.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm Dan Field. We have some great news. Fields is a vehicle you want in stock, price right and ready for delivery.
Speaker 8: Field's Auto Group is Jacksonville's luxury automotive destination. For Cadillac, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, Benz and Porsche. Inventory is back and available for immediate delivery.
Speaker 9: And every Field's customer can take advantage of our Field's amenities program with a complimentary owners car washes, and our cafes.
Speaker 5: You deserve the best.
Speaker 8: Stop by today or go to Fieldsauto dot com.
Speaker 14: Ready to fuel up for summer fun, Join the Mygate Rewards Loyalty program and pump up the savings this summer. Become a new Loyalty member and save twenty five cents per gallon on your first fill up. Already a member, now you can earn rewards ten times faster for every ten dollars spent in store, say five cents per gallon at the pump. Stop by geet today to crank up your summer savings. Offer ins August thirty first, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 10: The twenty twenty four season is pawesome.
Speaker 18: Register your pet for the four Legged Fan Clubs presented by Forever Bets Animal Hospital. Your a furry friend can access exclusive merchandise, events and sweepstakes throughout the season. Than club members will be automatically entered to win the up head of the game sweep shakes, which dud jack sake get sent, sideline passes for pet owners and the.
Speaker 5: Change for your pet to be feed such you know all the video boards as.
Speaker 10: Pet of the game. Visit Jaguars dot com Slash Promotions Slash four Legged Fanclub to sign.
Speaker 13: Up Chelsea here with Renewal by Anderson. Renewal by Anderson specializes in energy efficient custom built replacement windows and doors that are twice as tough as vinyl. Save money through the month of August and save three hundred on every window and eight hundred and twenty five dollars on every patio door, plus zero down, zero payments and zero interests for twelve months. Some restrictions apply. PROW partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Go to RBFLA dot com to book your design consultation today. License number CGC one five two seven six one three.
Speaker 11: Sonnath is under twenty the ten. Yes, another successful move to a new home. I tell you, folks, I've never seen a team more prepared than the Sunneth grow with a dominating lead in training, trust and efficiency, It's no wonder why Sutteth is the official moving company of the Jacksonville Jaguar.
Speaker 12: For the past one hundred years, Sonnath has provided local, long distance, and international moving services in Jacks. While the bags are moving, the chains on game daggs sun at its helping you on moving day. Visit sut up dot com slash Jags for a guaranteed quote.
Speaker 10: We're excited to announce a special activation at select training Camps. Join us as we celebrate the corner at deb Store coming soon to the East Side community. Operated by Goodwill Industries of North Florida, the deb Store will help change lives in the historic out East through fresh foods, education, and career opportunities. In partnership with various community partners, this project will create a space where residents can thrive. Watch out for the DEB Store van at select training Camps this July and August, where you can enjoy free samples and learn how to support this initiative.
Speaker 2: St At this Florida's trusted and reliable moving company, so it is proud to be the official moving company of the Jacksonville Jaguars. You can get a guaranteed quote by visiting suttuf dot com, slash Jacks lacking jag vam. We're here in the Hondai Studios. And as we look ahead, we're going to do a little bit of a prediction. We're gonna do he will, he won't, he might? And some of the new faces around here some more familiar than others. Mind's a little more familiar.
Speaker 5: But who are you going to do?
Speaker 2: He will, he won't, he might?
Speaker 5: Refray, I'll go with Dave Davis.
Speaker 4: And I really liked the signing theoretically when they put the name to paper in March. I like it more in actuality. Watching him on the practice field, I think he will be a guy that will benefit from all the weapons on the field. Brian Thomas is going to split safeties, and you've got Christian Kirk who's probably the number one target in Evan Ingram. There are a lot of different places to go with the ball. How are you going to carver this big wide receiver who can run all the rounds right? He can do anything you want perimeter, middle, doesn't matter, deep, short. He is a complete football player, and he's a guy that's going to be an X factor. Now he won't come in and I don't think be a guy who's nady catch twelve hundred yard guy. I just I don't see him being that kind of fact or even maybe he's a Jones numbers from a couple of seasons ago. But he might be the guy who scores the most touchdowns amongst this wide receiver corps because he's a big body and he is so nimble in the red zone. That's how they used him in Buffalo. He is experienced at it. He's got great hands and size, and I think when you're looking at Christian Kirk and all these other weapons, I think Gay Davis is one of those guys. He's going to get mismatches one on one and be able to take an advantage of him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree. I went with Brian Thomas Jr.
Speaker 6: He will matter And when I think about rookies, experience has taught me not think in terms of statistics because it's so circumstantial.
Speaker 5: They're probably not going to be go to guys.
Speaker 6: But I think he's going to be a guy who finds a way to impact the game and therefore stretch defenses, help on offense this year, and if he's that, then all of a sudden, this team is a lot more dangerous. He won't necessarily be rushed in, but meaning he won't have to wait for his opportunity. I don't know that he's going to be the go to guy early, but it's clear from training camp that they are working him, they expect him to matter very much.
Speaker 5: He's not got to wait for.
Speaker 6: His opportunity, and he might be better than I thought he was going to be this season.
Speaker 5: Meaning I never.
Speaker 6: Expect anything out of rookies, especially rookie wide receivers, but I have a feeling by the end of the season, he looks to me. It's hard to explain, but watching him run, watching him play, he looks a little more like he belongs early than I would normally expect that out of a rookie wide receiver. So I think his acclamation process by the second half the season, you may start feeling him as a go.
Speaker 5: To a little more than you would normally see as a rookie wide receiver.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: I think here's an interesting angle.
Speaker 4: He's going to dramatically improve third down conversions, and not necessarily because he's down the field, but because he's down the field, safeties are going to be away from the line of scrimmage. They're going to be able to have better one on one matchups for the offensive lineman and not a crowded box. Because Seven's ability to go vertical. We'll keep people looking at him. I mean, if you don't, he's behind you, right. I think he is going to have a sneaky impact on their running game, and not because he's out there blocking wide receivers, but because he is moving defensive backs backwards from the line of scream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he may not have.
Speaker 6: Huge stats, but I think coordinators are gonna know we have to account for this.
Speaker 5: Or he's going to beat us deep. So we have to at least make sure we take it away.
Speaker 4: And by the way, lshu's offensive coordinator, Cortes Hankkon I mentioned this friend talk to him when we were in Detroit, and I'll echo those words one more time for you. Of all the LSU receivers, this guy's physical skills are about as good as he's ever seen.
Speaker 2: It's exciting, promising news, very exciting. I went to the defensive side of the ball for mine. I'm gonna do Tyson Campbell recently paid. He will make everybody thankful. I think this year that the contract had done before the year. You don't want to go into a contract year with the corner because if he stays healthy and plays the way that we think he is going to play, he would have gotten a lot more money in the off season. So I think it's good that they locked him up long term before the season started. He won't be I don't think affected by the money in the sense that he's not going to be as competitive. I see him out there on these days as hot as anything, and we're finally in the dog days of summer, and other than joking right there, he's about as competitive as it gets. Specifically on those one on one drills. He's not trying to get beat by anybody. But that's what you want to see on the defensive side of the ball, essentially from a leader, and your shutdown corner is going to be facing the number one receiver on every team that they face, and he might very well kind of get into national contention. I don't know if it's a Pro Bowl or what, but if he stays healthy and can play and takes on some of the shuts down some of these receivers, he'll get some more national play and some understanding. Other people will be able to see what we've seen from him in the last couple of years.
Speaker 4: On Tuesday, Christian Kirkley's at the podium after practice and said, the thing about him is he's got deceptive speed. You don't look at him and think he's necessarily a guy who can fly down the field, but he can't.
Speaker 6: You love paying guys like Tyson because he's not whatever's in there, he's going to get out in terms of his ability. You don't have to worry about him not wanting to be as good as he can be.
Speaker 2: And one of your homegrown guys. Nice to keep them in town. Stay with us here on Jacksam. We'll talk a little bit about special teams and what's coming up the rest of the week.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm Dan Field.
Speaker 5: We have some great news.
Speaker 7: Fields has a vehicle you want in stock, price, write and ready for delivery.
Speaker 8: Field's Auto Group is Jacksonville's luxury automotive destination for Cadillac, Jaguar, Land, Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, Benz and Hoorsha. Inventory is back and available for immediate delivery, and.
Speaker 9: Every Field's customer can take advantage of our Field's amenities program with complementary loaners, car washes, and our cafes.
Speaker 5: You deserve the best.
Speaker 8: Stop by today or go to Fieldsauto dot com.
Speaker 10: We're excited to announce a special activation at select training camps.
Speaker 11: Join us as we.
Speaker 10: Celebrate the corner at deb Store coming soon to the East Side community. Operated by Goodwill Industries of North Florida, the DEB Store will help change lives in the historic out East through fresh foods, education, and career opportunities. In partnership with various community partners, this project will create a space where residents can thrive. Watch out for the Dead Store van at select training Camps this July and August, where you can enjoy free samples and learn how to support this initiative.
Speaker 15: Crosser here for Lifetime Enclosures and Lifetime Flooring. Football season finally upon us and with that comes cooler weather. If you've been wanting to upgrade your outdoor living space, you should call the experts at Lifetime Enclosures now from Glass Lannis to Screened in Enclosures. Lifetime Enclosures and Florence is the.
Speaker 3: Best in the business, so give them a call today.
Speaker 15: Lifetime Enclosures and Lifetime Floring showroom just off Phillips Highway, proud partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, sonneth Is on the twenty the ten.
Speaker 11: Yes, another successful move to a new home. I tell you, folks, I've never seen a team more prepared than the Sunneth GREVI. With a dominating lead in training, trust and efficiency. It's no wonder why Sutteth is the official move the company of the Jacksonville Jaguar. For the past one hundred years.
Speaker 12: Some of has provided local, long distance and international moving services in Jacks. While the jags are moving the chains on game days, Senath's helping you on moving day. Visit sunnuth dot com slash Jags for a guaranteed quote.
Speaker 14: Ready to fuel up for summer fun, join the Mygate Rewards loyalty program and pump up the savings this summer. Become a new Loyalty member and save twenty five cents per gallon on your first fill up. Already a member, now you can earn rewards ten times faster for every ten dollars spent in store, save five cents per gallon at the pump stop. By Gate today to crank up your summer savings. Offer ins August thirty first, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 13: Chelsea here with renewal by Anderson. Renewal by Anderson specializes in energy efficient, custom built replacement windows and doors that are twice as tough as vinyl. Save money through the month of August and save three hundred on every window, an eight hundred and twenty five dollars on every patio door, plus zero down, zero payments and zero interests for twelve months. Some restrictions apply. Prow partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, go to RBFLA dot com to book your design consultation today license number CGC one five two seven six one three.
Speaker 2: Do you want customized Jaguars furniture for your home? You can check out zipchaer dot com to browse all customizable options. The zipchair is furniture for fans drag fans. You're also invited to fire House Subs in San Marco. That location is at nineteen forty nine San Marco Boulevard and Jacksonville on Tuesday, August sixth, from three to four pm for a special event. You can meet current Jaguars players, Jackson Deville and the Jaguars cheerleaders to kick off the thirtieth year of Jaguars football and Firehouse Subs in Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: We hope to see you there. Welcome back into Jagsam.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we've talked a ton about that physicality. We've got a practice in the stadium coming up on Saturday, which is going to be something to see if it's up to one hundred, like they think it might be one degree, it could get hot I think this weekend, so we'll see how inside the stadium. We certainly know that what are you looking for in terms of like, obviously the competition every single time, but just also we saw it get a little testy at times, a little I wouldn't call it full out fights, but move some tussles and stuff.
Speaker 5: Getting that competent.
Speaker 2: Is it just maintaining that competition level as things keep going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maintaining an intensity level even if you're not you know, in full pads. Okay, Right, that edge that we've talked about this week about about gaining it, about keeping it. It's important to know when to turn it on and turn it off. It's a young team with some veteran help. Let's let's get to that point where they know when it's time to play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, keep it balanced.
Speaker 6: And I think this team, it is a young team, but guys like Trevor Travis DTN Christian Kirk. All these guys have played together for three years now, there is a thirty year going in, so I think they know how to balance and my senses with these mid veterans meaning Christian Kirk seventh year, these guys know how to keep the.
Speaker 5: Balance and they know how they need to prepare to be their best. I anticipate that not being an issue.
Speaker 4: Like guys like Gabe Davis, Mitch Morris, and Eric Armstead are guys who have played deep into the playoffs, right it's about them getting this team sharpened up enough to know we got to play in big games because, as I've said over and over, they didn't play well in big games last year.
Speaker 5: Big a couple of days coming up.
Speaker 2: You can head to that stadium practice on Saturday. If you want to attend as a fan, head online at Jaguars dot com check that out. If not, we'll be back here on jag xam on Monday to recap everything for you. Have a great weekend.