Speaker 1: Sunday Sampler. We got some clips. If you like the clip, hey, go listen to the whole podcast. On the Bobby Cast. I sat with Brenda Lee, almost eighty years old, talks about the Beatles, how they opened for her, hanging out with Patsy Kline pretty good. Check out Amy four Things with Amy Brown. Also our newest podcast, Take This Personally, with Morgan Hulsman. In honor of Halloween. She brought on. It's not her best friend, but she's called psychic bestie Zoey Greco. They talk about intuition areas. Here's a clip from that episode of Take This Personally.
Speaker 2: Take It personallyman, Hi, everybody, I'm so excited to be joined by Zoe Greco. She is a psychic and all around just super awesome vibey person that I've seen on Instagram.
Speaker 3: And I'm really happy to have you here. How are you, Zoe, I'm really well.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having me here. I'm really looking forward to this conversation. I think your vibe is really unique and it's really fun to be able to like tap into you and tune into your energy.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited for what's a hud for us today? You do talk a.
Speaker 2: Lot about empathy and IMPASS, and I am a impath myself, and I'd really just love to talk about that because I have a lot of people I know that listen who are deep feelers and very empathetic people, and I also know being one myself, it can be very special and it can also be very challenging. So kind of tell me your work with IMPASS and then we'll dive into it a little bit.
Speaker 4: Sure, you know, I think being an EmPATH myself self a gives me a lot of empathy but also like compassion for that experience, and so it's kind of like when you speak the same language as someone, you just know how to approach them lovingly. And I think the highest compliment I ever get paid from clients is when they say I feel so seen, like I feel so recognized. No one's ever understood me so deeply, And that's the feeling I want them to feel. But being an EmPATH is what enables me to do that. And I think we see empathy or like being an EmPATH or a highly sensitive purchase person in HSP, we often see that as a detriment because you know, we're called cry babies or we're too sensitive. In fact, my license plate is cry baby, and I wear it like a like a badge of courage. I don't like that, but I feel so honored to be able to enter into people's spiritual spaces and emotional spaces. And I find that as an intuitive my particular gift is being able to feel other people's emotions, and I'm only able to do that through my empathetic abilities. But what I do is I use that to kind of build this like this internal reference inside of me where I feel the vibration of an emotion and I go, oh, I know this one, it's shame. And that way, I'm able to kind of help like point people in the direction of what they're feeling, like, oh, this is shame, Oh this is joy, like oh, and really helping people recognize how to like turn themselves towards the things that feel good and how to help them create space from the things that are not in alignment with their authenticity. So one of the things that I definitely support people in is how to take care of yourself as an mpath because it's, oh, that's tough, hard out here on these streets for these sensitive souls. And I think you know, the world doesn't make it easy for empaths to take care of themselves. So one of the first things I always tell people is that you have to be really selective about what you're canuming. So just like you would take care of your body and make sure that like if your body was sensitive to something, that you wouldn't overly consume that, or that you would be like cautious about how you consume that, the same is true for what you consume, like mentally and emotionally, so media that might be like overly graphic or upsetting. And it doesn't mean that you turn away from things that are hard. In fact, empaths are needed in spaces where there is you know, dissent or difficulty or separation or disparity.
Speaker 3: Empaths are needed there.
Speaker 4: But it's about creating a positive relationship with those things that can be triggering to know that you can be of service, but you also don't have to be You can just be present, you can be supportive and learning sort of like one to step into those things when it's necessary and when to take space from those things for your own internal needs. So just making sure that you're not overly exposing yourself to things that are damaging or triggering, even when it means you have to make tough to decisions, even when it means you might need to create space from certain people, or that you might need to reevaluate certain relationships, or even if that's your relationship to your job, your work environment, your living situation, the people closest to you. So being an EmPATH is no joke, because you sometimes have to do really hard things. But when you're able to actually take action toward those necessary things on the other side of that, your reality is like a breath of fresh air. It's like living in a rainbow. Honestly, when you have built a world around yourself that supports you as an empathetic being rather than challenges you as an empathetic being, your entire reality is altered. And not only are you surrounding yourself with people that make you feel safe or opportunities or experiences, but you're also granting so much permission for the people around you, and that moves out into this larger ripple of influence. So when we do honor ourselves, we actually make it so much easier for the people in our lives who are like you're too sensitive you're to this. We give them room to feel those feelings too.
Speaker 5: The Beatles open for you. I read that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, must have been you know, had to be the fifties, right.
Speaker 6: Late fifties, early sixties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how did that come together? It's your man, your mom or right now.
Speaker 6: It was a big tour. There was Dusty Springfield, me, the Beatles.
Speaker 1: What were they at the time at this time we're talking about specifically, I'm assuming they're very young and.
Speaker 6: Not very young, yeah, and really kind of like, I don't know that polished, not just raw. But I saw the greatness in them and you would have too.
Speaker 5: And this is pre ed Sulomon. Oh. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I go back to New York and I go to my label, which was Decca, which is now MCA, which I'm.
Speaker 5: Still on same contract.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I said, I took a picture of them and they looked like your normal teddy boy would look. And I took a little tape and I'll never forget. They walked in rank and file like they do, and it got through playing and it was very quiet, and I thought this could be bad, could be good. And I said, okay, what do you think? And the President stood up and said Brenda, We're very proud that you brought this in, but this look will never happen and this sound won't either either. Next year they were playing the Ballpark Stadium, filling it.
Speaker 5: Up like Shay Stadium. Wow.
Speaker 1: And when you saw them the first time, was Ringo with them? Or was it still Pea Best?
Speaker 6: But Pete was with them? But then Ringo came right along. So I've I've worked with the.
Speaker 5: You've been there through all of it. Yeah, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Do you ever listen back to any year old music that like, every once in a while put something on you haven't thought about in a long time.
Speaker 6: I do. I listened back to like when I started at ten, and I sound like Mickey Mouse on steroids, And I thought, oh my lord, but I was ten.
Speaker 5: What would you tell that kid? Now?
Speaker 6: I would tell them, if that's what you want to do, you don't give up. People might give up on you, but don't you give.
Speaker 5: Up on you. And you would tell that to yourself as well. That's the advice you'd give to yourself.
Speaker 6: Because and I didn't know if I was good or not. I just knew I loved it, and that's what I wanted to do.
Speaker 5: Cast up road thing, little food for yourself life. Oh it's pretty bad. It's pretty beautiful thing beautiful for a little more family exciting. Carse said, he can't. You're kicking that with four Thing.
Speaker 7: With Amy Brown.
Speaker 8: On Sunday, I got out my journal and I just pinned a paper and I kept flowing and tears were rolling down my face. And I woke up early that morning leanne like. It was probably five thirty on a weekend morning, and I don't really wake up at five thirty on the weekends, but it was still dark out, and I had that same feeling of when I was woken up that morning that my mom passed. I was taking i'd call it a nap because we weren't really sleeping that much because you never knew when was going to be her time. So I was on my sister's couch and I remember somebody nudging me. Can't remember who, but they're like, wake up, wake up, it's time. There's a pattern that starts to happen with our breath when our final moments are approaching. So they knew, like, curry, get in there, you're going to want to be with her. And I woke up and it was dark, and I sort of had that exact feeling, and it maybe it was because it was ten years. I was just thinking about it more. I'm not quite sure because some years it really doesn't impact me. But I decided I did. Look, I think today could be hard. So I'm going to be as proactive as possible, and I'm going to go downstairs. I'm going to get out my journal. I'm going to cry, I'm going to let it out. I'm going to go for my walking meditation. I'm going to pray. I'm gonna look up at the sky.
Speaker 3: And talk to my mom.
Speaker 8: And that may sound silly for some of you, but for me, it was exactly what I needed, and what Leanne is going to walk us through I think might be exactly what some of you need this time of year. And you can even earmark where this is like when she starts doing it, and you can come back and do this exercise as many times as you need to. So if you have a specific thing that pops up, or if you're just like ugh, I need to need to get myself in a more regulated, peaceful, parasympathetic nervous system type mood, because that's the energy Leanne is about to drop on us. This is an exercise that will get you there. And so that's just my little backstory of why I wanted to have Leanne come on and do this particular exercise now because also selfishly, I want to have it to reference as well, because Leanne, now it's going to be a recorded form and we'll have it here on the podcast. But I wanted that on Saturday, Like I remember thinking, or excuse me, on Sunday, I was thinking like, oh, wish I had Leanne's exercise to add it, but I had my other tools that I busted out. But this will be something that people can use. So thank you for taking the time to come on land and do this exercise with us.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, well, thank you for sharing your heart and sharing behind the scenes of this. And you're absolutely correct. We can have thoughts and memories and trauma stored in our body and then just the go go go of a heightened lifestyle can lead us to just be running in that kind of sympathetic dominant state in our brain and a lot of us think we don't have time. Actually, the biggest blockade was the reason that I created this was because for my self, actually I didn't think I could meditate. I was just one of those people that I was like, I don't have the ability. I didn't think I could. I didn't think it was a skill that I could acquire. I tried, and my monkey mind took over. But when I met my logic and reason brain with oh, there's a sympathetic branch of my nervous system and I can actually just access that and kind of hack into it, That's when it changed. And so literally what I'm going to walk you through now is just three different access points to access your parasympathetic nervous system. Even if you've told yourself I can't meditate, even if you have a monkey mind that goes one thousand miles a minute, even if you have a hard time relaxing, This is fool proof because we are going to literally hijack your brain. And so the three components that I'm going to introduce you to. One is a concept that I call sensory breathing. So we've all learned how to breathe, but a lot of times we don't breathe properly. So what I'm going to invite you to do is every time you breathe in picture your belly expanding like a big balloon, which is the opposite a lot of us. We breathe it in and we suck our belly in. So I want you to think about breathing and expanding your belly like a big bulk and every time you breathe out, letting your belly contract. But breathing, what we're going to do is we're going to again hijack the sensory system, not just the respiratory system, but the sensory system, because your nervous system can't tell the difference between a real and an imagined experience. So when I invite you to breathe in and picture it's a cool, crisp, blue pepperminty air. And by the way, you can get some essential oils and you can actually have peppermint, but you don't need to actually have that in your mind to picture cool crisp, blue pepperminty air, because your nervous system can perceive that experience. And why I invite you to breathe out and then I invite you to picture it's a red hot, fiery cinnamony air. And this is how we access and kind of hack into your nervous system. Via the sensory system, the taste, the color, the texture, the smell, all of the things aligned with your breath. So that's one easy access point to the parasympathetic nervous system that I'm going to walk you through. The second access point is through your cranial nerves. You have twelve in total that are covering the entire surface area of your head, your neck, your hairline, your jawline, your ear lobes, the base of your skull, so your entire cranium.
Speaker 3: There's twelve in.
Speaker 10: Total nerves that are a direct access point also to your parasympathetic nervous system. So just scratching, massaging, tapping, touching, giving any stimulus to those areas. The fashia of your face included, is going to again access one more notch into that parasympathetic nervous system. And all of these can be used independently or together. And then the third access point to the parasympathetic nervous system. One of my favorite things about this third access point is we're going to use what's called isometric squeezes. And the cool thing about isometrics is, let's say you're sedentary, Let's say you have chronic pain. Let's say you're injured, right, all of these exercises are going to be safe to the nervous system because, first of all, gravity is not involved. You're going to be seated or laying down. And second of all, there's movement, but there's no motion, so it's actually really safe to the nervous system. And studies show that isometric squeezes can actually down reyia late pain because pain is a nervous system event, and so it's actually been proven to down regulate pain. So it's very common that my clients do these isometric squeezes and their pain levels go down a few notches on the pain scale just from doing these isometrics. So I'm gonna walk you through all three of those right now.
Speaker 11: We're gonna do it live. We are the one, two, three sore losers. What up, everybody?
Speaker 12: I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 11: It's Sison. I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male. I live on the North side of Nashville with Bayser, my wife. We do have a farm. It's beautiful, a lot of acreage, no animals, a lot of crops, hopefully soon corn pumpkins, rye. I believe maybe a little fescue to be determined.
Speaker 12: Over to you, coach, And here's a clip from this week's episode of The Sore Losers.
Speaker 11: We're always doing so, we're always doing video. Yeah, you're always live, man. That's what I tell my nephew when he's hanging out with me. Their cameras are always rolling. I'm always ripping audio. Man, You're always live. Live your life live.
Speaker 12: I'm living my life live. I don't live it in the past. I don't live it in the future. I don't think about, oh this could be that. I think, man, what is going on right now?
Speaker 11: And I would say generations forty years ago, you could do stuff in hidden you know, you could say a quote, hey man, hey, you know what, I'm about to hit a Bobby Bone show quote. Hey Manuh yeah, you know what? Why does everybody turn these keys down? Leave them up? Go yourself. Back in the day, you can say that nobody will know. Now everything's live.
Speaker 12: Everybody knows everything.
Speaker 11: That a trucker in South Carolina that was loud. He is gonna then say, I heard you say that, whereas forty years ago you're on the tractor, you're in the field. I'm this is full circle. That guy, you could say whatever you wanted, but people are always gonna know, is my point. I said all that to say that.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's like you could used to be able to go for a walk and let off some steam and just yell and scream like I hate her. I can't believe I cheated on her. But now someone's doorbell cam catches that. Man, you're busted.
Speaker 11: You're you're up at a door. Okay, so you're just now going to a neighbor's house. We'll stay in the neighborhood. Man, Honey, Hey, I can't believe we gotta go over to dinner at John and Jane's house. Man, Like, I hate when he does that weird thing where he goes, hey, man, his work still good. I just hate when we have to then talk about work and he tries to be funny and he tries to act like he's condescendingly. He undermines my career. I knocked out, knocked on the door, knock on the door. Whereas back in the day, you could get away with saying that. Now somebody's gonna hear you on the ring doorbell.
Speaker 12: Actually, they're gonna be like, oh, you don't like coming over here and talking about work. You don't think I'm funny? Well, how did you hear me? Well we got a ring doorbell camera.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, well it is awkward.
Speaker 11: And uh, post office people throw the packages thirty years ago. Hey, hey, you want to see how far I can yankee this one. Man, I'm gonna launch this one, tear it out of my glove. I'm gonna throw it at the door.
Speaker 12: I'm not even gonna get out.
Speaker 11: Of the damn band. Whereas now they know they're all being recorded, so you have to be perfect. Oh I'm just gonna gracefully and just perfectly and politely set this down on your doorstep. Have a great day, dude. If I was a ups person, I would do the most fake things ever because people are gonna post it on their ring. You're gonna go viral, or they're gonna turn it into your boss because you realize, you realize that people you're being recorded. Here you go, here's your package, have a lovely day, and then wave. Guys, you're gonna be viral tomorrow because everybody's gonna post that.
Speaker 12: They all know that they are going above and beyond, like, oh, the kitty cats out, Let me knock on the door and make sure they know that kitty cat and is outside. Did you know your kiddy that's outside? Oh, it's an outside cat.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 12: I was just trying to make sure I saved a pussy you know cat and I Oh, but it was Amazon guy. He cares about animals. He tried to save a pussy cat.
Speaker 11: Let's start to show the man, Well, can I do one more before we started? I love it. That's how it actually will get you in trouble. Our trash can guy at the apartment complex on the West Side, he didn't know about the ring doorbell camera, so he picked up our trash can and shook it until it broke and all fell to the ground. So I'm getting up in the morning for work. You know you already got those thoughts, hate my job, hate life? What is happening? I opened my front door, dude, it looked like Milton came through too soon. Well yeah, okay, and it was everywhere trash. I mean it. I didn't know what had happened. Oh, the trash guy just shook our trash, apparently, looked at the camera, found it, sent it to his employer, got him fired. Wasn't trying to get him fired?
Speaker 12: Are bad?
Speaker 11: We got a two hundred dollars target gift card. Not bad?
Speaker 12: Do you ever get Did you ever worry about the wildlife getting into your trash? Because don't you probably have raccoons, possums, probably rats. I mean, when you leave your trash outside your door, isn't that what happens?
Speaker 11: It's just the night before and the animal doesn't know that it only has an eight hour window, so sure there would be animals search. They didn't realize trash people only come under it from six to ten at night, and.
Speaker 12: You live upstairs, so they're probably not gonna climb the stairs to get to your trash.
Speaker 11: But you know what did one time Armadilla? No yet, it came all the way to the top, and they're dumb as hell. It was bouncing around, eventually found its way down. But then they sent out a message to everybody in the app. They said, Armadillo's guys, they've been known now to climb to the fourth floor heads up, but they don't do anything that's dangerous. They're not, dude, they have a hard shell, hard head. You could hear them because I think they're blind. Oh, guys, this is uninformed. I'm not a zoo keeper. I don't work at the Nashville Zoo. Love you guys, but I wanted to say this, dude, they I believe they're colorblind. Here, ding ding ding ding ding ding. Another armadilla made its way to the fourth floor.
Speaker 12: Honey, I've never really seen an armadilla up close. Yeah, I've seen one dead on the side of the road, but never really like walking around, never seen one.
Speaker 11: That's why I think they're blind. They're not great on roads, confined areas. They're probably meant to be San Antonio out wearre the Buffalo roam, you know.
Speaker 12: I've been told though, like, if you see them on the street, don't try don't hit them with your car because right before they hit they jump up and mess up your car. That's what I've been told. I don't know if that's true for this urban legend. Don't know much about the armadillo.
Speaker 11: Yeah, maybe it is sad driving in from the country, man, you'll see the roadkill and you're.
Speaker 12: Not supposed to pick it up because they have someone that their job is to drive and document all the roadkill.
Speaker 11: And it's it's it is some armadilla's you got your I think I've said it on the show before. Is it the minx or the possum? Yeah, not a lot of raccoons. You're gonna get your your gophers, your squirrels, and I see the squirrels. Proud of drivers though, haven't seen a family pet.
Speaker 12: That's good.
Speaker 11: Did see Oh, first time I've seen it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: No, saw a person?
Speaker 11: Coach, What in the morbid hell is going on in your head?
Speaker 12: The way you went, You act like you saw a dead person on the side of the road. You are the one that went I did see one.
Speaker 11: Yet I was sticking with the theme of animals, not a human being death seed dude, Yeah, man, I saw a guy gunned down with an arrow.
Speaker 12: You're like, human beings can't get hit by a car. You act like, oh God, can't be walking across the street and get hit by the car. Sorry, that's where I.
Speaker 11: Thought you were going. My apology it was it was it was domestic. A woman shot her husband's roadkill. No, this one doesn't need to doesn't need to laugh track baser saw it. I think she did cry it was a horse. Oh somebody hit.
Speaker 9: A horse?
Speaker 11: Oh oh my, I mean and they are quick, so it's almost like the person driving wasn't able to time it out. You got to give it some leeway. Oh dude, it was weird, But props the guy you're talking about that records it all. They had it cleaned up, man, it was. It was a police cop, ambulance squad. Everybody shy, a SpongeBob on the scene within five minutes, and it was I didn't see it the next day.
Speaker 12: But how do you clean up a horse man?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 12: Put him in a dump truck?
Speaker 11: Like, honestly, do you do?
Speaker 12: You chop him up right there on the side.
Speaker 11: Of the road. I don't know, man, but you feel for the driver. You gotta think he could have got out of the way. These cars are in my area. They're only going forty fifty. The horse just it must have just been a Sorry guys, if you're dry, it must have been a bee line into a damn semi or something like that. So guys, if you're out there to all our truckers, just be on the lookout. You can go over the squirrels just time it out perfectly. The rabbits, the minx, the armadillos, God knows they're gonna jump up in the last second. But the horses just kind of break a little bit. But let them go go around them. You just can't go ahead on collision with a damn horse. You're not gonna outrun them. They're going faster than we are. Man.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's Mike d And this week a movie Mike's Movie Podcast, i shared the top five movies I want to see before I die. I'm not sick, but these are movies coming out in the next three to four years that I just want you to be alive to see because I get so much anxiety when these movies get announced and they're like coming in twenty twenty six, I'm like, could you please put these out today? So I shared my top five lists. I also did a spoiler free review of Venom The Last Stance. But right now, here's just a little bit of movie Mike's Movie Podcast. At number three, I'm lumping in both of the Avengers movies, Avengers Doomsday, which is coming out on May first, twenty twenty six, and Avenger Secret Wars, coming out on May seventh, twenty twenty seven, three years away. That is wild to me. That is a really long time. By the time this movie comes out, I'm gonna be thirty six years old. Sometimes I forget how old I am. Somebody mentioned someone being thirty one, and I was like, oh, I'm thirty one. I'm like, no, I was thirty one two years ago. But I'm gonna be thirty six still going to the theater and watching superhero movies, which is another thing that people say is that the genre is going to die out. I don't think it's going to die out. But what I'm looking forward to the most about Doomsday, of course, to see how they bring Robert Downey Junior into the picture. The more and more I see and read about it, and the more and more I get invested into the character of doctor Doom, I get more excited and I really feel like something is brewing, and I just want to be in that theater to experience that moment the first time you see the person that we know as Tony Stark now as a villain. I have to know how that happens. I cannot leave this world until I know how that happens. I'm just gonna say that that is already gonna be a core movie memory for me, like a lot of Marvel movies have contained. And on top of that, the next year we get Secret Wars, which is my favorite story out of anything in Marvel Comics. It is on my wall in this studio, I have the issue number eight with the first appearance of the Black Suit Spider Man. I feel it is the best story because it takes all the superheroes, puts them on a planet and pits them against each other, the X Men, Fantastic Four, the Avengers. That is gonna be such a big feat for the Russo Brothers to get right. But if I had to invest in somebody to do it, it would be with the people who brought us Infinity War and who brought us Endgame. Everything now, of course, is a rumor of how they are going to do it. I cannot wait to see those stories come to fruition. I just gotta make it to twenty twenty seven. At number two, I have TMNT the Last ronin. When this got announced earlier this year, I thought I was dreaming this is one of those movies. I never thought what happened because I have been a lifelong Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan since the first one back in nineteen ninety. Growing up, my favorite was probably, well, at least the one I watched the most was Secret of the Us because that one was a lot more appealing to me as a kid because they knew that Okay, the first one was a little bit more serious, the violence was a little bit more intense because the demo was the kids who grew up with the cartoon in the eighties and now wanted to see that cartoon come to life. And for me as a kid, seeing Secret of the Us was exactly what I wanted. It was fun quick lines, it was fun battles where they weren't necessarily hurting each other with weapons, they were using other things to fight off the villains, and at the core of it, it was just a lot of fun. You have Vanilla Ice dancing. I still see it going on tour with Ninja Turtles because of how big this song was in that movie. But now the Last Ronan is going to take everything we know about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and totally flip it on its side, because it's now going to be an R rated version based upon the graphic novel, which is the graphic novel that has really guiden me into reading graphic novels. It entirely changed my perspective on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lore. And if we're not familiar with what happens in the last ronin there is only one remaining Ninja Turtle who was out to evail the deaths of his brothers and the death of Splinter, and it's a very raw and emotional story. And I know we've been talking about things that have a darker, sinister feel to it, and you think, why do the Ninja Turtles that need to be dark and sinister? They say Calabunga and they eat pizza. But if you think back to that first movie, the root of the anger of the Ninja Turtles, of being a now cast, of wanting to be heroes to these humans, but they also see you as a monster. There is a lot of pent up anger in there. And I think why this movie is going to be successful, It's obviously because it's in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, and you're gonna have the people like me who grew up with them. I mean, they were even a little bit ahead of my time. I feel like you had to be an eighties kid to really fully appreciate the Turtles, but they've had so many iterations throughout the years that you've no matter when you grew up, you were introduced to them in some capacity. But I think now at this point in time, which movie is supposed to there's no official release date on it. Now they're working on it. It was just a nownced earlier this year, so it's probably gonna be twenty twenty six, twenty twenty seven, and by that time, I'm gonna be in thirty six, thirty seven years old. I'll probably be thirty five thirty six years old, and I'm gonna be at that age where they're gonna be making it for the people like me who grew up with them and who are now adults and probably feeling like these type of ways that these characters are and what you would do to avenge the death of your brothers, which is something you really couldn't explore back when they were teenagers. And I think the big success of this movie is going to come down to the look of the teenage mutant ninja Turtles, because back when they did it with Michael Bay. The look just wasn't right that I never felt any connection to those characters because they were entirely cgi'm which I feel now they're gonna probably lean towards CGI, and I'm not opposed to that, But they look so freakish like and so over eyes and had no real warmth to him that I never really found myself grasping to those characters like I did to the rubber suits back in the nineties. And it's not just because I had the nostalgia for those suits. It's just because it felt a little bit cold and a little bit faceless, that this really isn't how these characters should be represented. So I'm okay if they use some CGI, which has greatly improved. If you look at the last Guardians of the Galaxy movie, they do a fantastic job with CGI, especially with the character like Rocket Raccoon, where it looks like on the screen that you could actually go in there and touch them, even though he is a CGI character. That movie also had a fantastic wardrobe and makeup and hair department. They use over twenty thousand prosthetics, five hundred wigs, and one hundred and thirty facial hair pieces to create the characters and Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three. That movie actually broke the record for the most prosthetics ever used in a film. So to make this teenage mutant Ninja Shurtles movie look great, you're gonna have to spend some money, which I hope they actually invest the money in this movie, because that is gonna make or break it. You can't rely on the power of the name and the nostalgia bate and it doesn't just take a great story like basing it on the Great Graphic novel. You have to spend the money to make the movie look good, which I feel gets overlooked so much. It reboots and sequels that you think, which sounds so elementary. Oh, to get a movie that people are gonna be excited about, it has to look good. Yes, it has to represent what the characters embody and that's gonna cost money and studios cannot cut corners in that department. So no official release date. I'm hoping twenty twenty six, but probably looking more at twenty twenty seven. I have to be alive to see the last ronin.
Speaker 5: Carrylne.
Speaker 11: She's a queen and talking, so.
Speaker 9: She's getting really not afraid to feel episode and so just let it blow.
Speaker 1: No one can do we quiet.
Speaker 7: Cary Lone is sounding Carolne.
Speaker 9: So you and Tyler that a stay church, yes, and that's what spawned cowboy tears. Yes, because you guys were hanging out and then he walked up with a face mask.
Speaker 3: Yes you're good, and you're like.
Speaker 9: Who is this handsome zoro?
Speaker 3: He was dancing. Are you handsome? Let's see, Yes, you're good at this.
Speaker 9: I just love to hear pool stories and this gives me like the permission to get all free and nosy with people, which you can't do in real life.
Speaker 3: Let carey, that's true. M Okay. This is Tyler. So he's got this song on Spotify called real Love. Okay, so you're his muse all the time, I'd like to think.
Speaker 6: So yeah.
Speaker 3: And in this video that plays, I just typed in real olive this song.
Speaker 13: This thing that plays in the background, this is Tie dancing before we met. This is me and my friends, and then that's Tie hopping behind me before we met with the bandana on.
Speaker 9: So this is like he's strategically in the case we want to show this.
Speaker 3: He strategically danced behind me. No, I feel like those influencers.
Speaker 13: This inst this lipstick and okay, okay, so this video this was before we ever met, and I was like, my friends, My friends were like.
Speaker 5: That guy is so hot?
Speaker 3: So is he just jumping around like a bopping around so by himself.
Speaker 13: With well actually who ended up being one of our grooms men. So Dustin Lynch was performing, come here, Oh my.
Speaker 3: Goodness, come over here, come on, come on? Yeah yeah yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 13: So Dustin was performing, and ty had just been on tour with Dustin. I didn't know anything about country music, like at all, because you're just like living in La, straight up living in La.
Speaker 3: I knew nothing. I was actually going through a really bad breakup. This was that season. It was I've only had two boyfriends before.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 3: Was this the bad bad breakup? Or this was you have two bad breakups? This wasn't This was just a regular heartbreak breakup.
Speaker 9: Yes, not like a betrayal, yes, not like exactly Okay, this one was just like a my heart's broken, yes, okay exactly.
Speaker 13: But so yeah, I've only had two boyfriends before, Tye, and so we're at and I was like not ready to meet somebody else and he's just bopping around next to us, just hopping up a storm. And my friends are like, that guy is so hot and I was like, hmm, it's all tatted. I don't know if that's my thing. And he had this bandana on his face and we're.
Speaker 3: Like, so they didn't see his face.
Speaker 9: They just thought his presence was hot.
Speaker 13: Presence was hot, and his bodies tattoos, his eyes, and we're like, what if people that ban Dan off? So he became I was like, yeah, you're all very but he also just kind of came out of nowhere. But the story's start.
Speaker 9: Pull the bandana off and what's there?
Speaker 3: No teeth? Yeah, or mug mug, just like an ugly mug. Oh mug ugly yeah yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know it's actually funny. The story starts before this, which I didn't know. So Tyler had seen me on Friday of Stage Coach. He saw me walk by backstage and he was like, she must be with somebody, and I guess he double. He like looked at me when I walked by, and I didn't look at him, so he's like, she's with somebody. And then on Sunday of stage Coach. He was on stage watching Dustin because he had just been touring with Dustin Lynch, and he saw me in the pit dancing. He's like, that's the girl.
Speaker 3: Ezy to see you everywhere at these very crowded places.
Speaker 13: Well, the backstage area at stage Coach isn't like as crowded as like Coachella and stuff is.
Speaker 9: It's like, I'm just saying, he like locked eyes right away, he felt, but I was a connection.
Speaker 13: I I I was just not in a place of ready to meet somebodybody else at all. I'd never been single. I was like, it is time.
Speaker 3: To get some random dick. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 9: Did you have that season at all?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: He never, not even a little bit.
Speaker 11: No. Never.
Speaker 13: I maybe when I say I've only had two boyfriends before time, like I was with one from twenty to like thirty one and then two years and there's no one between.
Speaker 3: So we're not on double digits.
Speaker 5: No, we're all one.
Speaker 3: Oh No we're not. We're not on double digit So you were like ready to explore. Oh I was ready to explore.
Speaker 11: Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, let's go, girls, fucking go.
Speaker 13: And then here and then here comes this tatted gentleman comes over and he's like takes his bandan off.
Speaker 3: He's like does He's introduced himself to y'all and he's like, do I know you from somewhere?
Speaker 5: Stop?
Speaker 13: And I don't know how to flirt because I haven't really ever been single, and I was like, do I know you from somewhere?
Speaker 3: I just like repeated everything he said, and I was like, you look familiar too. He's like maybe we follow the same people. I'm like maybe, and.
Speaker 13: We're just like he's like looking and he's just see his like little muscles flexing and he's like looking at his phone, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Just we follow the same people?
Speaker 5: Is this people?
Speaker 13: Dates?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 13: Maybe? Okay, well there's no service. So I was like looking at him, I'm like, maybe this is gonna be my one night stand. Maybe we'll see I don't know. Then I like get very flustered. I'm like he's talking to you and he's got this beautiful smile, and I'm like I was like, well, it's very nice to meet. You'll see you around. And I actually like ran off from him. I was like, nice to see you, and he's like where are you going?
Speaker 3: Like I'll see you later.
Speaker 13: And I like left, and then I was like asking her mutual friends, my friend Janice who was later at our wedding, Yennis Janis.
Speaker 3: I was like, Janice, where's that dude, that guy with the tattoos, And she's like, oh, Tyler Rich. She's like, oh, all the girls love him. I'm like, oh, I don't. I don't like him. I feel really bad.
Speaker 13: I like ran away, like in a big hurry. We were easy and we didn't see each other the rest of the night. And then ty had my name and his phone.
Speaker 3: How did he already know your name? Well, he looked it up, but it was there was no service, so he had screenshot and then screenshot your thing.
Speaker 13: When you pulled it up he couldn't do so there's no service. So he was like trying to find my name, but there's no service that you know, in the desert your name. But yes, he knew my name as you told him.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay.
Speaker 13: And then the next day he DM me and we started talking and then I got like shy again because then he like sent me his number and you know, when you read a message, you can see it, so I just left it. I don't want to open it, so I just saw the number, and I'm like, oh, I can't open this. I'll leave that in there for a moment.
Speaker 9: What were we thinking was gonna happen if you like continued talking to him, like, what were you like worried.
Speaker 3: About my first one night stand? Yeah, just you're back out there a while. I think I just wasn't ready and I just like really had like a crush on him. I really did. I was like, oh, you have cotton mouth, by the way, I.
Speaker 7: Have cotton mouth.
Speaker 3: I feel really parched.
Speaker 9: I feel like I had cotton mouse splashed bad old please yeah, okay, oh okay.
Speaker 3: Why should wrap this up?
Speaker 9: Okay? Yeah, we am already at fifteen minutes. No, we already at fifty minutes. But I like all your stories, so we'll just like, no, we're just gonna wrap it up. But I'm sad we're wrapping it up because I actually really like, do you guys edit it at all?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh shit, I talked too long. I don't think so my bad. All right, I've enjoyed everything. To wrap up the tie thing and then what they would make it good? Don't like wrap it up? Miss details?
Speaker 13: Okay, so yes, so then we start talking only on FaceTime because he was in Nashville, and he's like, you should come out here.
Speaker 3: I was like, that sounds like I have to spend the night. That feels scary, scary, risky business. You're risky business, risky business.
Speaker 9: Is he already gone from La?
Speaker 13: He's gone from La. But what he actually was being serious, this is actually really sweet. He I had I was in the Entourage movie and that had just come out just so cool, and he had seen it, so he knew it and he didn't know it was me, but he meant it when he said you look familiar, and he couldn't piece it.
Speaker 3: But he was actually being sincere.
Speaker 13: And then the next day he really like he like went researching, and then he apparently I don't know if this is just a line, but he's said he remembers seeing me in the movie being.
Speaker 3: Like I love her. Yeah, and then he saw you like the next day yeah, well like a couple months later, Like he had such a strong love.
Speaker 13: He manifested you in his But he was like, I remember looking at you in the movie and being like, life, where do future baby Mama?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not surprised at all. But then we were engaged a year later.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to this week's Sunday Sampler. New episodes out weekly, check them out and go check out the Nashville Podcast Networks Instagram as well if you have time. All right, thanks, how great week, everybody,