Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna do it together. It's Monday. Wow. My voice is just touch and go. That's a Monday voice. That is voice.
Speaker 2: And we're kicking off Hallo week. You know Jeff Jeffrey calling it hunts Tobers.
Speaker 3: I honestly can't understand him when he says it's.
Speaker 1: I thought he was saying hot Tober. I didn't really know what he was saying. It was all over the place.
Speaker 2: The most important part of this is that you need to follow our socials.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have so much fun this week getting into the speaky spirit.
Speaker 2: And that is definitely the case today with your Second Date update. But before we always do your comments.
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 3: Alexis Yes, Joe Will said, been an avid fan and because of y'all, my mom threatened to call an exorcist on me. Constantly catch me cackling alone, Jeff playing on my AirPods.
Speaker 2: Defend me, y'all, just wait till your head starts spinning in circles.
Speaker 4: No love, We love it.
Speaker 2: Keep those comments coming and enjoy the Second Date update.
Speaker 1: It starts right now.
Speaker 5: Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: Vampires wear Wolves, cool gools and goblins all terrifying for sure, but we all know nothing is scarier than dating in the modern world. That's the sound of someone getting blocked on Tinder.
Speaker 1: Are we allowed to do a horror film? Is that what we're allowed to do right now?
Speaker 5: That's what we're in right now, because if you could imagine, we're getting a lot of emails from people who are meeting other single people during the spooky season. Yeah, for sure, it's even meeting them in person.
Speaker 1: Scared Alexis, who.
Speaker 5: Would be brave enough to do such a thing? Our listener, Anthony, Oh, cool, a girl in person and needs our help. Anthony, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys?
Speaker 1: You cool? Where'd you meet this lady?
Speaker 4: So we work in a hunted house together?
Speaker 1: Oh are you guys? Like the actors and the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm a cannibal cook. She's a zombie cheerleader.
Speaker 5: What's her name? Her name is Quinn Quinn okay and the zombie cheerleader.
Speaker 4: This is something that I do every year. I've been doing it. So I was like, you know, a teenager, wow, and this is her first year there. But I know this probably sounds weird, but you know, when she does her like dead zombie boys, I think it's pretty hot.
Speaker 1: How did you guys get to talking or were your friends you know, all spooky season?
Speaker 5: How do you flirt in a haunted house?
Speaker 4: So we do like a couple of scenes together. It's like this scene where she's like strapped to a table and I like take a bite out of her arm.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's definitely like some flirtation there, you know. Oh yeah, I missed your arm.
Speaker 5: And now we're making out. Yeah, That's how I flirt even when I'm not in a haunted house.
Speaker 1: So I feel you and it's a fun vibe too. I've like volunteered as an actor before on a haunted house. Yeah, and like backstage, they like do your makeup, So there's like downtime too. I assume you guys have connected outside of you just eating her arm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, I asked her out and so we went to a bar after work one night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, were you still in makeup?
Speaker 7: No, we have a shower there so we can like shower and change and stuff before we go home. But I mean, I go to a bar and you know, that was kind of like the first time I'd really actually seen her without the makeup on, and she she looked even hotter without like a bloody massa.
Speaker 5: It's a bad sign if you say she looks way hotter when she's bloody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's somehow more pale. Yeah, strange.
Speaker 5: All right, well that's good news. What did you guys do?
Speaker 4: I mean, we just like mostly like we had some drinks, talk about Halloween, like different costumes that we wore when we were kids, our favorite candy, you know, like childhood memories and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't even ask what your favorite candy is. I don't want to start a fight because there's only one right answer, candy corn.
Speaker 1: But what is that what you said? That is why she's not calling you back. I didn't even know.
Speaker 6: This guy. Oh wow, I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: I'm kidding, dudes. So that's cool that you guys bonded over old Halloween memories. That sounds fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know it's like we got we got like a little close.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: We didn't kiss, but there was definitely like feels like we were feeling each other and you know, we like hugged good night, and I was like, Okay, this was fun, I'll see you tomorrow. Awesome. But then the next day she was like moved to a totally different room in the haunted house like on the other side.
Speaker 1: Oh no, is that by chance or do you think she asked to be moved?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Like, I don't know if you like requested it or if it was just, like, you know, part of the regular rotation. But I did see her, and she's I think, kind of cold, and she's maybe.
Speaker 1: Really in character.
Speaker 5: Yeah cold body. Yeah who that sucks. Now you have to bite somebody else's arm.
Speaker 4: It's been weird.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Is she not answering my text or like my Instagram messages? And uh kind of bumming me out? So I'm hoping that you can help me.
Speaker 5: I mean, is there anything looking back on your night at the bar that you think maybe you did wrong that could have turned her off?
Speaker 4: I mean I thought about that, but honestly, I can't think of anything.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was just using you for your brains, I mean, she is a zombie.
Speaker 5: Or maybe you bit her arm too hard. Oh wow, she needs just a little soft nibble.
Speaker 4: I guess that's possible. I mean, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she's definitely avoiding you.
Speaker 5: Let's call this undead cheerleader and ask her what's up, We're gonna play a song, come back and get you your Halloween themed second date update. Right after this second date update, you've seen Hannibal lecter, but have you seen Hannibal in love? Oh?
Speaker 1: Even Hannibal deserves love?
Speaker 5: A man in a mask nibbling on a zombie cheerleader's arm while they both sip on a cold can of blood light Actually, but what he really has his eyes set on is her heart?
Speaker 1: Oh? Does she still have one?
Speaker 5: Not just to eat, but to have forever? What's happening with one of our listeners, Anthony, who met a girl named Quinn while they both worked together at a haunted house. But after they went out, she was moved to a different room and she's been acting kind of cold towards him. So we're going to call her and ask what gives Brooke? How optimistic are you that this ends in a date because it sounds kind of romantic to me?
Speaker 1: It did. I thought it sounded really romantic until she got moved And I think she may have done that on purpose, which is not a good sign that I mean, it sounds like she wants nothing to do with you. Did you insult her in some way?
Speaker 4: I told her that she looks better without all the bloody zombie makeup.
Speaker 5: But oh, how a horrible thing to say to a woman.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe a vampire swooped in and got her first, you know, yeah, fell in another moment. Yeah, maybe just don't calm out like women's makeup.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, some women get offended and look into things, and Alexis.
Speaker 4: Proved the point.
Speaker 5: All right, well let's stop speculating and start getting some answers. Look, we're gonna call Quinn right here. You ready, Anthony, I'm ready, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, mm hmm, I don't know. I was expecting a zombie.
Speaker 5: That's a bummer. Hey is this Quinn?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They were a radio show you may have heard of called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, thanks Quinn number one with zombies.
Speaker 5: That yeah, that was that was supposed to be a joke. Because we hear that you work as a cheerleader zombie at a haunted house.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we hear you make quite the sexy cheerleader dead cheerleader.
Speaker 1: What that weird?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, our compliments are off Today's Yeah, we heard about you from one of our listeners though, named Anthony, who you went out with?
Speaker 8: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: You went on a date with him, right, That's what we heard because we do this segment called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help Anthony figure out why after your date at the bar, you've been acting a little bit cold towards him in the Haunted House.
Speaker 1: Or maybe he's reading it wrong. I mean you never know. He feels like maybe you're avoiding him for some reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I mean not like normal zombie cold. I mean like extra inner person cold.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess. So, I mean I don't know all you want me to say.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean did you like him?
Speaker 8: I mean I thought I liked him?
Speaker 1: Okay, he did something, didn't he? I knew it? Like it just he said that you even changed areas in the Haunted House. Did he do something to offend you?
Speaker 8: I mean, it's just we just didn't see eye to eye on some stuff and it's just not gonna work basically.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're not mad, you just don't want a datum.
Speaker 5: And you mean like I to eye, not like zombie eyes. Okay, in that way you mean something because like I said, he told us that you guys went out. I mean from his perspective, everything was really great.
Speaker 1: And you were clicking. You were talking about he said, childhood memories and Halloween and fun stuff, and you had a nice hug.
Speaker 5: So which part of it was bad to you?
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, that was all nice. But I was flirting with him, and I just made this comment blurting like, you know, if things work out between us, we'd be the house that gives out like the full size candy bars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're a flirt.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and yeah. That's when it just kind of went downhill for me.
Speaker 4: So why.
Speaker 8: Because he just got all practical. He kept saying, like, do you know how much that's going to cost in the future.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He broke down the mathematics of handing out full sized candy.
Speaker 8: Bars exactly that, Like he said, full sized candy bars are going to be like five bucks apiece. And then he's like, you give out like one hundred that's five hundred dollars and bull size candy bars?
Speaker 1: Is he buying five dollars?
Speaker 5: I guess he does have a point.
Speaker 1: But so you're just saying it was like.
Speaker 8: Not cute, No, it was not cute because I think he was being one hundred percent serious, Like he went on to say, like, oh, next thing, you know, our kids are not going to college because.
Speaker 1: Took up the college. I think everybody wants to be that house. So fun to get lectured after you flirt with somebody.
Speaker 5: Are you sure he's not joking, like.
Speaker 8: If no, no, I mean I did think he was joking at first, But when I giggled, you know, he was like hard up now, like you have to be smart with money.
Speaker 5: I was like, Okay, it's weird, but listen, you guys don't know each other all that well. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, we we know each other as zombies more than as people.
Speaker 5: I guess we've only worked together for this first year in the Haunted House. You there's a chance you could have misinterpreted what he was saying, and he may have been just playing along the whole time, jokingly, like it's a weird thing to say, like down the road, we're gonna give out full sized candy bars. Maybe maybe he was trying to joke back and you didn't get it, and we should find out because Anthony's actually already on the phone.
Speaker 8: Oh boom, we scared you.
Speaker 1: He's like the chainsaw guy at the end of the Hated House, the honted phone line.
Speaker 5: Anthony, there, I'm here. Okay, tell me that you were just having fun with her with that that was a joke.
Speaker 4: No, I was being curious what you could have just lied right now and just said it was a joke.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to.
Speaker 5: Be set you up.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's that big a deal. That's honestly how I feel, like, why should I laugh? Why should I lie?
Speaker 8: So because it's my dream, it's not important to you.
Speaker 4: If your dream is bankrupt our future family, then yeah, like you're serious about this, Anthony, Well it's a bad idea. Our kids really wouldn't be able to go to college. All that money you're staying on Candy, we should be investing in like a college fund.
Speaker 1: Okay. I think she was just trying to flirt with you, Anthony.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I guess, But like I take financial literacy very seriously.
Speaker 5: You know what's probably why you have a second job. Yeah, you do have a point, Anthony, because I didn't even think about all the dentist bills that you're going to rack up with those full sized can you're.
Speaker 1: Handing them out your own kids are eating them.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey, you know that you eat the own candy. You know that better than anybody.
Speaker 8: But oh please, I bet he wouldn't even let our kids have a full sized candy bar.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 4: How many kids are you guys playing on having?
Speaker 5: How many fake zombie children are we having in the future?
Speaker 8: Exactly zero? Because I'm not going to be with him.
Speaker 5: Oh, I just think it's kind of silly to be arguing and deciding your dating life over future fictitious full sized candy bars with your kids that don't even exist yet.
Speaker 8: I have a big deal.
Speaker 1: I might put this on my dating profiles I've left if you're not a full bar household.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's making our fake children way more important than the real me right.
Speaker 5: Now, that's true. I mean, Anthony, don't you think that Quinn is more important than your fake children down the road?
Speaker 4: So weird when you put it that way, like not really like.
Speaker 5: Oh, you care more about your future children.
Speaker 2: That's a good.
Speaker 1: Fighter, anyone, listen. Yeah, don't shame imaginary dad.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's a reason that they make the fun sized candy bars though, Like that's a good compromise. Everybody size are not good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like how I bit her arm one and that'll never happen again.
Speaker 1: Is that something she's supposed to be disappointed?
Speaker 4: I think you know, I'm the best fighter in the whole haunted house.
Speaker 8: He acts like I have somebody to compare him with.
Speaker 5: Well, this is weird. I just think that you guys maybe are a little bit stressed out working together in this haunted house. Once the spooky season is over, cooler heads prevail, you guys are going to want to go out again.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, if you guys are paying for it, then that's the smart financial thing to do.
Speaker 1: So is that actually what you call just them?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I believe it.
Speaker 5: Well that's kind of a yes from Anthony Quinn.
Speaker 8: Well, Anthony, I have a question for you at Christmas time? How many presents would our fake children have?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Good question.
Speaker 4: I mean they'll be getting savings bonds and the amount depends on the interest rate.
Speaker 1: Boring stufford I got a banknote?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, hey, compounding interest is nine point six percent right now?
Speaker 1: Hey, buddy, I'm getting hot over here.
Speaker 8: Talk like that freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You see, this is exactly why you never date your co workers, whether it's in an office building or in a haunted house.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that's kind.
Speaker 5: Of a yeah, but it's the same deal. Now, just imagine how awkward it's going to be in that haunted house.
Speaker 1: And I love that there's some drama and behind the haunted house. Yeah, like a couple of fights happen on walking through it. Yeah, I'm going to scare her.
Speaker 5: He's going to have to bite her, and she's going to be like, I'm already dead. It's just going to be weird in there now. So that's just a good thing to remember. Do not date your co workers. That is what I have to say. That is my yes.
Speaker 1: Right. I thought it was like, maybe be a little bit more fun if you're going to be working at haunted house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so stiff financially literate zombie is.
Speaker 1: He's going to pull out his ten key and do some of your taxes.
Speaker 5: He was a cannibal chef, so it's gonna come out like the stock market.
Speaker 1: You have to raise the prices of eyeballs again because of inflation.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's terrifying. Yeah, but uh yeah, I'm sorry it didn't work out for those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, but it's probably for the best.
Speaker 5: It is for the best, and remember we can help you with your dating life. If you want us to, just email the show. We'll call the person who was in calling you back.