Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Stocks on the move, Nora me Linda joins us right now. I was looking at the Amazon story earlier today. Why are they raising debt? Because they can? They can do it in a big way too.
Speaker 3: Yes, looking at shares of Amazon Tiger AMZN, we're seeing shares hire by about eight tens of percent right now as we speak, and this is after the company said it's targeting the equivalent of about thirty seven billion dollars to forty two billion dollars in across Atlantic offering in both dollars and euros. So we do know that the sale is the latest in a series of jumbo note offerings by hyperscalers that are really looking to invest hundreds of billion of dollars in AI. We know that this has really been the charge that many companies have been fixated on. And the firm is marketing it's US high gred debt and as many as eleven tranches, and it also targets raising as much as about ten billion euros from a potential eight part debt eurobond sales. So a lot of action going on here as it really looks to pay for some of the things that it has in mind.
Speaker 1: Because they ket is such a great answer for so many questions of ourself, many questions. Yes, I mean as an investor, though I don't think I'm going to get rich off this either. The yield is like, you know, under two percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think that this is one of those things where it's so many companies in the tech space, they're just spending so much money. But we do know that what still remains underlying is that so many investors are concerned as to whether or not all the money that's being put on this effort to build out artificial intelligence is actually going to pay off. Yeah, the ROI on all of that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's stay in the tech space. You've got another name for us.
Speaker 3: Yes, Look, he has shares of CrowdStrike Tick or crwd also higher up right now about four tenths of a percent, pairing an earlier gain of about a three point two percent gain. This is after Morgan Stanley raised the company to overweight from equal weight. They're saying that the platform is a winner from the AI positioning and its growth outlook is promising. Looking on a year today scope, this stock hasn't done particularly well. It's down about seven percent so far for twenty twenty six. But Morgan Stanley essentially putting their weight behind it, saying that they think that this is a good name to look at. You're clearly seeing the street reacting to that.
Speaker 1: All right, well else you got lastly.
Speaker 3: I want to take a look at shares of calls ticker KSS. We're seeing a stock that's earlier surge as much as fourteen percent for double digit gains. Right now it's up about eight percent. And this is after the company said that it was pleased with its performance so far this year on a call with analysts, but in the back. But it's interesting that we're seeing this rebounds. I mean, if you take a look at what some analysts are saying, we know, Bloomberg Intelligence, they said that they believe that this is a short squeeze. We saw some data that came out of Estuary Partners that are essentially saying that short interest is about twenty six percent of the float.
Speaker 2: So we do know.
Speaker 3: Earlier the company did report that it was you know kind of losing ground a bit. We did see that it reported a bigger sales drop than expected last quarter, so it's interesting to see this upside reaction after that report.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.