Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Uh, welcome to the program. How are one on a Wednesday? Bad news on the show? We're losers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just in general. I mean, like it's been declared.
Speaker 4: We didn't get nominated for a Sports EMMI this year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just got the You know who gave me the news, Nick Wright from First Things First?
Speaker 4: Yeah was he gloating, yes he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations to Nick Wright and First Things First.
Speaker 4: But yep, didn't get nominated.
Speaker 2: And uh see this is where I say, I don't care about winning. I just want to get nominated. And then when you don't get nominated, this.
Speaker 4: Is when it really hurts.
Speaker 3: Yes, So just to clarify it, Nick's show was nominated First Things First for Outstanding Sports Studio Show Daily. And then he texts you to say sorry.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: No no, no no, I was gonna give him credit. I think he forgot that I didn't get nominated. Let me see what Nick Wright had to say. He sent me the list that says finally that they got on the list for Best Studio Show Daily, and then I go congrats exclamation point, and then Nick goes thank you three exclamation points. I know I'm not supposed to care, but I care a ton and I'm really really happy about it. Not realizing that I'm not really really happy about it, or he should have said, hey, sorry, you didn't get nominated. Hey, it just came to my attention. I'm kind of rubbing it in.
Speaker 3: I think I like Nick more now.
Speaker 2: No, I think he doesn't realize that maybe our show didn't get nominated.
Speaker 4: You got the list.
Speaker 3: There Outstanding sports studio show Daily First Things First, f S one.
Speaker 5: Over rated.
Speaker 3: But it's an afternoon show, but it's First Things First, so it's kind of.
Speaker 4: It used to be in the morning. Got it?
Speaker 3: It kept the name NBA Today on ESPN, NFL Live on ESPN. I think they want it last. Is that actual sound?
Speaker 4: Come on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Another show called Sports Center on ESPN.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 6: They got hundreds of people who work on Sports Center. Were they all great? All thirty seven hours a day of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They were all equally worthy. Shouldn't it be just one show like one Sports Center? It's hours and hours and hours. Because the six is in the eleven. Everybody knows there should be one more show.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Pat McAfee Show, on ESPN's now It that's great though. We like Pat, and Pat been very supportive of us. Yeah, well he always sends notes of congratulations.
Speaker 4: Well not today, not today.
Speaker 8: Yes, we have to send one.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, send one to Pat congratulations, send one to Sports Center basically created that dynasty.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean Pat certainly then knows you a thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: How many shows that are listed there? Do you feel like you created?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Influence, not create, that's influence, influenced. Maybe that's my legacy, the number of shows that we influenced on this program. I told you it hurts. It hurts when you don't get nominated. It doesn't hurt as bad when you don't don't. All right, well, every day it's the Super Bowl, so you got a rally here. It's like I threw a pick six.
Speaker 4: This would be like when the Broncos were facing Seattle and didn't they snap the ball over Peyton Manning's head. He sure did, Thanks for bringing that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they had to still play the game. That's kind of how I feel. Yes, Paul, is.
Speaker 3: This like getting fourth place in the Olympics. You're not even on the pot.
Speaker 4: Because you're at least in the Olympics.
Speaker 8: It didn't even qualify for the race.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Want to start doing the blame game here? Should we wait for later in the show.
Speaker 4: No, it's Mario.
Speaker 3: Oh it's official.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mario the Eyes and ears of the show.
Speaker 2: And he said all take care of the sports SEMTI tape and he's the director.
Speaker 4: No, but it's.
Speaker 8: Simple, clearly Mario's fault. Yes, who edited this thing?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I blame him.
Speaker 4: I gave you hundreds of hours to play with here content.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 4: Stat of the Day brought to you by America.
Speaker 8: How many were you the status? How many times have we not been nominated?
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Pennini America, the official trading cards for the Damn Pantrick. So say good morning. Those watching on Peacock NBC Sports Network are great radio affiliates around the country. I feel like we let them down. We let down everybody today.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's not the sound of every day's a super Bowl guy.
Speaker 4: I know, I got a rally. Sometimes I'm human, Todd.
Speaker 10: Thanks to all our affiliates for staring with us.
Speaker 4: I'm human, Todd, I bleed, I cry, it hurts, But.
Speaker 10: Your rise above because you're a professional.
Speaker 4: But you don't.
Speaker 10: I do not. I whimper and wine and complained and just shut down.
Speaker 5: That's what I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, who else can we blame for this? Because Mario also edited a bunch of times where we got nominated. To be fair to him, we usually blame the voters when we don't get there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 2: That's probably not a good tact. Okay, Yeah, you know, they try to do their best. It's a really difficult.
Speaker 3: Job laying the groundwork for next ye yes.
Speaker 2: Exactly, long game. I just don't want to win one. After the show goes off the air. I don't want to be brought down to New York. We got to get dressed up and then they kind of give us one like a you know, a sympathy sports emmy. Like I don't want that. We either win it while we're doing it or I don't care, all right, So I just want to make sure I put that out in the ether. Can't blame this on McLevin. Can I blame it on Marvin? The answer is no, I would not do that because I'd love to see your tiny hands grabbing that sports emmy. Nothing would make that sports Emmy would look huge when Marvin held it so tightly.
Speaker 4: What, Paul, which is.
Speaker 3: Worse not getting nominated and finding out moments before a live radio and TV show or going all the way down to New York City, you getting the party bus, losing and having that two hour drive back. I'm okay with that party bus drive back.
Speaker 4: I am okay with that. Uh.
Speaker 2: This is the first year, It's been pointed out to me by somebody in the back room, first year that Mario has been the director of this show.
Speaker 3: Nark nark in the back.
Speaker 4: No, it was weeks the cameraman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just sent me a text saying, yeah, this is the first year that Mario has been the director of the show.
Speaker 4: Direct Rio. Okay, come on, let's go. We got it.
Speaker 2: Come on, this is not Division Round eight seven seven. I feel like North Carolina Sports right now?
Speaker 4: Oh no? Uh eight seven seven.
Speaker 2: Three DP show email address Gpatdanpatrick dot Com Twitter handle the TP show speaking of North Carolina looking for a new basketball coach. As Hubert Davis was shown the door. Jerry McNamara officially sworn in at Syracuse Baseball opening.
Speaker 4: Night Yankees Giants, I love it.
Speaker 2: Mel kiper Draft expert joins us a little bit later on Darius Rutger. He's in our bracket challenge. He will join us from London. He's an award winner. He wins him when he gets nominated. All right, we'll come up with the poll question. Play of the day. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America. Okay, here's some information I got on the situation at North Carolina with Hubert Davis.
Speaker 4: Now keep this in mind. Keep this in mind.
Speaker 2: North Carolina was twenty four and six on March fifth, getting ready to get Caleb Wilson back. That's their best player. He suffered a season ending injury that afternoon in practice. North Carolina never won a game the rest of the year. Nineteen days later, Hubert Davis lost his job. Here's some information that I got, because now we're who are you going to bring in? Are you going to bring in somebody who's a North Carolina guy or you're going outside? And it feels like North Carolina is going to go outside. There's been talked to Billy Donovan, former Florida coach, now with the Bulls. My source saying this couple of minutes ago, I don't imagine Billy Donovan is in play at all, nor Brad Stevens. Brad Stevens, of course, the front office executive with the Celtics former Butler head coach, though I do believe they could get an audience with Brad Stevens at North Carolina. I tend to thank Tommy Lloyd at Arizona and Josh Shirts at Saint Louis make the most sense.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: Shirts at Saint Louis did a wonderful job, and from what I was told, he had opportunities to take other jobs. Decided to stay at Saint Louis in part because they were going to beef up their basketball program at least the budget, and also there weren't great job available. Now there's a great job available. My source goes on to say Nate Oates at Alabama feels like he's not controlling his situation. Todd Golden appears to be possessed by spirits when he coaches. Here's another one, Michael Malone, former Denver head coach. He throws that out there as well. But my source said Hubert Davis was a great assistant felt like an awkward fit at North Carolina. But by all accounts a wonderful person. I don't know Hubert. I've been around Hubert, but I do not know him. But you're shown the door, and imagine twenty four and six, your best player gets hurt, you don't win another game, and all of a sudden you're out. But you know, this feels almost more football like than it does basketball. And PAULI brought this up to me this morning. He said, you know, when the booster turn on you, or when the boosters say to the athletic director or the interim athletic director or the athletic director who's going to be coming in, Hey, I don't know if I want to support this, that's when things gain traction. Because Hubert Davis probably should have been fired when the season was over. If you're going to fire him, fire him. Then all of a sudden, it's well, he's not going to do is radio shows, weekly radio show, and you know, there was speculation he was going to be fired. North Carolina is not the North Carolina that we grew up with. Just letting everybody know. And they got a mess on their hands with the football program, and it feels like the athletic director was more involved in cleaning up the Belichick stuff, and now all of a sudden you turn around, you go, wait a minute, we're out of the tournament, and now you're going to fire Hubert Davis. But if these boosters don't want to spend the money, that's where you get the attention of people in these higher positions, and I think that's probably what happened with Hubert Davis. It's like, hey, that's terrible. We blew a nineteen point second half lead and we're out, and then all of a sudden, you're just kind of if I'm Hubert Davis, I'm going, Okay, what's it sound like, what's it look like, what's it feel a it's kind of quiet. You're not going to do your weekly radio show, okay, And then all of a sudden, you're going, wait a minute, they're talking about names here. Now there's suggestions on people who could take and then all of a sudden, boom.
Speaker 4: It happened quick, but it happens behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: That's where all of a sudden, it's a call, it's a meeting, it's another call, another meeting, and then all of a sudden, you go, yeah, we're going to fire Hubert Davis. Two years ago he was in the National title game.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: But this is where we are with big time sports, not just football, but these boosters, these nils, these they want a return on their investment and they don't want to wait twenty years ago. This doesn't happen. Fifteen years ago, this does not happen. Ten years ago, this does not happen.
Speaker 4: But it's a.
Speaker 2: Whole different era that we're in, and Hubert Davis is the latest to pay the price.
Speaker 12: Yes, Marv, especially with a spot like North Carolina where to me, they're the bluest of the blue bloods. It's them Kansas Kentucky, people that have been teams that have been relevant for seventy five years, and now they're competing with every other school because NIL has completely evened out the playing field where you just can't rely on the name in the names of great players that have played there before. So now it's about money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look at Mark Pope at Kentucky. I mean he's not on stable ground there. I don't think Bill self might retire in Kansas, Like this is different. Those that you think, boy, that's the place, or they're great, or they would never do that, they do that. They're not different than anybody else. Now, Yeah, Mark, and.
Speaker 12: It's crazy to think that players are transferring out of North Carolina. The starting point guard for Michigan, Elliot Cardeau, he went to North Carolina. He was at North Carolina last year. A kid that plays for Saint John's. He was a McDonald's All America at North Carolina last year and they left. It's not the destination anymore. They leave these programs.
Speaker 2: But didn't Carolina lose a player to Arizona, Caleb Love a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: They did yup the point guard.
Speaker 2: These kids don't care about this tradition. They just want to know, am I playing? Who's going to pay me the most? What kind of style do we have here? It's not like, hey, I grew up a Carolina fan. Now you might get the local who wants to play at Alabama because they're an Alabama football fan and you always wanted to play football at Alabama or Notre Dame. I get those Ohio State, Michigan, USC, But with basketball.
Speaker 4: Like what is your loyalty? I don't know if there is?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get phone calls coming up, and we will also come up with the poll question as well, so Darius Rucker will join us. He's in London. I think he's recording an album, and he's in our bracket challenge. No Kuyper draft expert. I'm curious where he has Ty Simpson because we know where Dan Orlovsky has Ty Simpson. A lot of fallout from that yesterday, and I saw a clip of Orlovsky on Pat McAfee and he seemed a little defensive.
Speaker 4: If I'm Dan Orolopsky, just embrace it.
Speaker 2: You can't be right about Ty Simpson today, but you're not wrong about Ty Simpson today. And that would be my approach. Hey, this is my assessment of ty Simpson at Alabama. Check back with me in two or three years. That's what I would have said. All Right, we'll take a break.
Speaker 8: Let's rally.
Speaker 4: Come on, I'm trying. Maybe maybe breakfast burritos, how about that?
Speaker 12: All right, I'm happy now.
Speaker 4: I got I got the miller like KEG hooked up.
Speaker 2: Why don't we just have a party today. Let's invite America in and have a party with this. I can't even say we're the the award nominated program.
Speaker 4: Wait, we have been, we have, but that's a long time ago. That was last year.
Speaker 12: Really, Mark Wahlberg was nomine for an Oscar fifteen years ago. You could still call him an Academy Award nominated actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, let's take a break and we'll come back. We'll get our poll question here, we'll get our act together.
Speaker 3: Well, Paul, what if we submit this secment next year's Emmywards.
Speaker 4: How about just this? How about we just send this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, still waiting for Nick right to go, Oh my god, bad that is I'm so sorry. That is so insensitive. Nope, he didn't. We didn't send me anything.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Nick. Congratulations, We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w APP.
Speaker 4: Pauly Fools Go here with Tony Foosco. Yeah.
Speaker 13: As everybody knows, we're the hosts of the award winning Polly and Toni Foosco Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: But instead of us telling you how great we are, here's how Dan Patrick described us when he came on our show.
Speaker 2: Quick, knowledgeable and funny, opinionated.
Speaker 3: What what are you doing?
Speaker 4: We were interrupting our promo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wasn't talking about you.
Speaker 5: You took those clips totally of context.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, well after this promo, I'm gonna take you out and beat you.
Speaker 4: Let me put this into context.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 13: Yeah, anyway, just listen to the Paully and Toni Fusco Show on iHeartRadio, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 11: Yee.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: Recapping the news.
Speaker 2: I got a text from Nick Wright this morning of First Things First on Fox Sports one, and he said, hey, finally they got nominated for a sport not realizing that they probably took our spot, that we didn't get nominated for Sports Emmy.
Speaker 4: And uh, you know, I was excited for him.
Speaker 2: You know, he's done a great job NFL Live, NBA today, you got Sports Center Pat McAfee show. But uh, once again we get kicked to the curb. Maybe I retire now, yeah, maybe just call it a career. This is it, This is when the academy lets you know, I think it's time, Danny, what Paul.
Speaker 3: Maybe this will help your move Dan? Nick right of First Things.
Speaker 4: First is oh great, Yeah, Hey how about we give Nick a round of applause.
Speaker 5: We did not take your spot.
Speaker 2: It feels like that No, did you know that I had not been nominated, but you wanted me to know that you had been nominated, and therefore.
Speaker 5: I didn't feel like you took our spot. All you were nominated, I wasn't. I didn't, but this time I think it felt like, no your beefs with McAfee, I've decided No, yeah, I don't have to your spot. He took your spot. That's I I looked through it that well. Listen, I got I'm not. I'm not starting any fights I have. I have. I have too many fights already.
Speaker 4: Are you happy that we weren't nominated?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, no, I am not.
Speaker 5: Am I Now if they had told me, hey, it's down to Dan show or your show, would I have in a split second said my show? Yes?
Speaker 4: Right answer?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you have every year these nominations come out every year. I'm not the first things. First is not nominated. To be clear, Nick Wright was not nominated for analysts or anything. The show was nominated. And every year I text you, and every year you tell me not to worry about it, and then I, you know, maybe privately text a few thoughts on some of the shows that were nominated in my place, not yours. I kept those and what an outrage I find it. And now finally we've been nominated. I'm happy for very thank you, that's.
Speaker 2: What I am, truly happy for you. I am like your lack of sensitivity. I'm disappointed in you, but I'm happy for the show.
Speaker 5: One everything you've done every.
Speaker 4: These guys, haven't These guys my dan Etes have been nominated and never won. They're kind of my trout.
Speaker 5: So you used to win all the time before they were around, I mean.
Speaker 4: Sports Center, scout in Football Night in America.
Speaker 5: Well, let me exactly the Olympics and.
Speaker 4: You also, do you want to trade staffs?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think that'd be good for either one of us. I don't know, I just don't.
Speaker 2: I am happy for you because I know you, you care, you work hard, you have done a great job with that show.
Speaker 5: Well that's very it. Listen, this is very self indulgent, and I understand it, and nobody likes that. But I in this moment, I don't know if I care because I am your like I'm supposed to be, like, Ah, you haven't even we probably won't even win. What does it matter?
Speaker 4: All this?
Speaker 5: It's not how I feel I feel I'm I'm over the moon happy you should be in a way that I'm a little embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Can I be your plus one on the night of the Sports Emmys?
Speaker 5: Uh? Well, I think my wife would like to go, and I would say I could maybe try to do a plus two. But I feel like, in the rare event in which I win and then I have to go on age and you get five minutes call it one on one with my wife, the greatest moment of my life could end up being the worst. Like that's the hell of a story. Like, so what happened, Well, as it happened, I.
Speaker 4: Lost a wife, But I so.
Speaker 5: That wouldn't that's not you know, nobody needs that. But I am I will I will be And I'm not joking here because I've never been. I don't know how it works. I you know, I know you have had I call it. I don't want to say a tortured history with the awards, but and again I don't want to reveal anything too much. But I know at one point, relatively early in your career, you won an award and it didn't seem like all of your colleagues were thrilled that you had won the award.
Speaker 2: So you just have to wait until almost the end of the night just to let you know. That award I think goes at like second to last.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, it gets a big slot too.
Speaker 4: No, most people are already gone. Just letting you know. People are no and they don't want to hear your speech or they don't want to hear you go long. It's like, uh and the best studio shows Pat McAfee.
Speaker 5: Okay, well listen then if they don't so under So how about this. Let's make this agreement in the rare event unlikely events.
Speaker 4: Are you going to mention me in your speech?
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to do you one better. First of all, I do have an earnest thing I want to say in a moment. But first I can say this, Okay, under the rare event that we win taking your advice, the remarks on stage will be very brief, yes, But then the next morning I want to come on your show and give the full speech. What I would have said is that, Okay, okay, yeah, okay, Now the earnest moment before I go, and I maybe have said this once before on the show, So I apologize for your loyal listeners. I'm in reruns, but I'm going to restate it here. The reason Dan Patrick and I have a relationship is because seven years ago he via Paully via someone at Fox reached out and got my number, and Dan called me simply to wish me encouragement, tell me keep working hard. Essentially, I think he understood that at the time, the TV show was a little influx and I had a kind of tough working situation, and he had heard my radio show and liked it, or at least liked the fact that I worked really hard. And there have been a lot of moments that this TV show that I am very very proud of but was on the ropes or wasn't a great show. I do think it's a great show now. And Dan's phone call Scott Van Pelt called me right before the show started, some of my true people I looked up to in the industry. Taking the time to say, hey, we notice what you're doing and we're rooting for you really, really, really was fundamentally important, and so I am greatly appreciative not only that you allow me to come on your show in this with this audience, but of our friendship.
Speaker 2: Sincerely, Dan, congrats take a victory lap and enjoy it. You know, whether you win or not, you got nominated, and think about where you were and where you are now. And it's just the start, so truly appreciate it before you Okay.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I will talk to you soon and I'll see if I can get the plus two.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's okay. Once again, you can't spell your wife's name without d an.
Speaker 5: You know what, I've never thought about that, and I hope to never think.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Bud. That's Nick Wright.
Speaker 2: He got nominated show First Things First, even though it's not first. I mean it's in the afternoon, so it's like second or third things first, But congratulations to him. Yeah, they put in the time, they put in the effort, they worked hard.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah blah blah. Okay, uh back to the show.
Speaker 2: Baseball's opening night fun Uh, Yankees against the Giants.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: People are like, how do you feel that baseball is not.
Speaker 2: Have any opening day? I'm fine with the standalone game. I'd like to ease into the season this way. I think the WBC helped us do that, and I think it heightened awareness of some of these other players from other countries, and it feels like, whether by proxy, that you're kind of investing a little bit more. I think baseball benefits here. And you know it's on Netflix. I know streaming services. We're on a streaming service. But it's the future. It's why I got involved years ago, understanding where we were going. But you know, Netflix has got money and they're going to be in the live you know they're carrying podcasts there.
Speaker 4: It's a it's the future. But we can go kicking and screaming all you want.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to find it.
Speaker 2: I'm still working on Thursday Night football totally transparent here, Yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 3: Full slate of MLB games tomorrow and NBC is new in the Baseball game yep one fifteen pm Eastern Pirates at Mets Paul Schimes to open the afternoon slate.
Speaker 4: Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the schemes are And then his girlfriend is in the remake of Baywatch Livvy Dunn. Really, oh yeah, I've seen the red bathing suits.
Speaker 3: There is this the remake of the movie or remake of the TV show.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it doesn't matter to me. I just love slow motion. That's you know I fell in slow motion with Baywatch. Oh, Pam Anderson running down the beach. I like the lifeguard combine that they put them through, you know, three cone drill, two cone drill maybe for Pam. Yeah, we have a do we have a poll question today?
Speaker 4: Seeton?
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 8: I'm researching this Baywatch. It's okay, redo or whatever it is, so we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Have I figured let Todd do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 10: I just got this blue screen with a bunch of white riding on it. I think I just got some kind of bug in the system.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Uh, David in Ohio, Hi, David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 14: Dan, You've got way better hair than Nick right, and you're a Sports Timmy winner to me, so thanks. I had a quick I had a quick comment about I know your daughter's getting married in August, so I thought maybe to say, you don't turn into a puddle of tears on when you're there. Todd did wear a Flacco around and find out t shirt in the you know in there. Since Joe Flacco just signed a one year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Yea, then I'd have to invite Todd to the wedding and he's not invited.
Speaker 3: I'm not invited.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Wow, nice to hear that.
Speaker 2: Joe Flacco is still playing football, signed a one year deal to be the backup with the Bengals. He's forty one years of age. That's why you Raider fans get so upset when I say, if Fernando Mendoza has a Joe Flacco career.
Speaker 4: I'd sign up for that in a second.
Speaker 2: Guy's forty one, still playing football, former Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 4: I got to sign up for that in a second. He's been a very good quarterback. Let's see Michael and good morning Mike. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Good morning Dan. Hey, I just wanted to call in. I had a fantastignet at the kaz Orlando game trying to get a hold of Reggie Allowish's middle of the third attention.
Speaker 9: I just want to cheer up.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they.
Speaker 7: Got backstage guys got you the clip, but I was on TV. Reggie did a great play by playing slow motion of me with my elite hair, as he called it, and all I could do is think about wanting to call into the Dan Patrick Show and share it with my guys.
Speaker 3: This morning.
Speaker 9: The Dan Etz I love you all so much.
Speaker 7: Forget about them means also the Devil's in the details, whoever send it in that clip, you got to let them know that you guys have the best elite old music Jason Bourne for holding music. Dan, You're just your next level on everything you do in this show. And it's the details that maybe you're not getting that extra not.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that would tip the scales if they realized that we had Jason Bourne music when you're on hold for the show.
Speaker 4: But you're right, it's all about the details. Uh. Fred in South Carolina, Good morning Fred, Good.
Speaker 9: Morning Dan, and Dane's I just have to tell you, man, I'm hurting. I'm love it. Some mu's upset. I just think you your guys, how you you make your presentation, your stories, your call ins, your knowledge of the of the of the whole sports arena and not to be nominated Dan, Dan, this hurts because I tell you, when you guys leave your last show, it's going to be in Atlanta super Bowl and I'm in Columbia, South Carolina. I'm gonna try and be there. But I'll tell you is some is it a conspiracy? From the Mothership or ended. But you guys really are are the best. I look at other shows that I'm on for five or ten minutes, and you know, they copy what you guys do. It just hurts Dan and I feel sorry for you guys, and but I do like the way you press on so well.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Fred, call more often. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now, there's no conspiracy theory, no nothing that there's a lot of great shows out there every single day there are, and a lot of shows that didn't get nominated.
Speaker 4: But we're only twelve people. That's it. And I've said this before. I'm so proud.
Speaker 2: I'm prouder of this than anything I've done in my career except for my broadcasting school, where I'm changing lives by helping students get jobs. But this I'm so proud of because it's it's twelve people. And when you ask people to buy in do other jobs, you're not just being on you know, a dan ad or a backroom guy. There's a lot of things that you got to do. And so it's twelve twelve of us going up against you know, some really big established programs. So that's the proud and part of it. And I want to be nominated for the dan Nets, and I want the dan Nets to get a sports semi.
Speaker 4: But hey, it didn't happen this year. One am I oh for six?
Speaker 3: Now I think oh for six?
Speaker 4: Well, we're OH for twenty, aren't we. Oh when you think about.
Speaker 6: They, we're actually oh for every year? Yeah, for every year. Like if you think of it, this is like the nineteenth year I think of this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nineteenth or twentieth. So if I look at that, we're over nineteen. But being nominated, I think we're O for five or oh for six.
Speaker 8: I think we're OLL for six being nominated. So that means where that's fourteen, thirteen, fourteen times that we haven't even been nominated. Yeah, some of those years we weren't on TV though. Actually, oh those don't count. Yeah, those don't count.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it's okay, Yeah, Todd.
Speaker 10: You can't lose if you're not nominated. So there's got to be a way to spend that in some way. The digestive number.
Speaker 2: You know, when I need positivity, I go to mister Positivity.
Speaker 10: All dressed up and we go there. We're sitting there for three four hours, only to find out that it went.
Speaker 2: To someone else's it's all right, still got a job, still doing this every day, Gonna do this for two more years.
Speaker 4: And then that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Okay, come on this call, let's roll every day.
Speaker 2: It's the super Bowl. And why do we feel like the Patriots? Yeah, just saying time fair. Uh, we'll take a break, we'll settle on our pole question, and we will have our play of the day next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search f s R to listen live.
Speaker 7: Oh my God.
Speaker 4: Of the Day of the day.
Speaker 11: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Harden gets the basketball from Tony Brothers, bounces it into Mitchell, Mitchell, fakes Mitchell into the lane, gloats years as.
Speaker 1: A down down in Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Mitchell with the magic that's courtesy of the Cavaliers Radio Network. Mitchell went for forty two. The Magic, scored one hundred and thirty one points and lost fortieth time this season an NBA team has scored one thirty or more and lost. At your Play of the Day. Play of the Day brought to you by True Green. Don't waste another weekend doing your long care yourself. Partner with the official long care treatment provider with the PGA Tour. Get a golf course quality low the easy Way. Sign up at truegreen dot com, Sit back and relax. Gus in California, Hi, guess what's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Hey Dan? My name is Guss obviously I'm from Los Angeles, California. I wanted to hand you guys. I'm gonna give you guys Jammy next year already. I only have one condition, sirt that you thriving myself with my wife. The now you go receive it. And it's very simple. Stop mentioning the Emmys. Every time I'm listening to the radio and I'm feeling good, I have to hear you guys whining and sobbing about you mentioned it too much.
Speaker 9: Bro. If you hold you guys.
Speaker 15: Kind and make yourselves a more term that you will not mention it the word Emmy all next year and me and my lovely wife will be down there with you guys.
Speaker 3: To receive it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Gus. I think interesting strategy.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see Jim in Michigan. Hi, Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 14: Dan?
Speaker 16: I just wanted to call and say how sad I am about you're not getting nominated. I'm probably the least sports are in guy that listens to your show. But you guys are so varietal and you you have such a variety of topics that I just can't tell you how much I enjoy what you guys do. You don't talk down to us the ones that don't understand sports maybe as well as you guys do. But it's always been a place as you're working with you, and I appreciate the time.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Jim.
Speaker 2: I went back and Mario is the director of the show, the Eyes and Ears of the show. His head is down. He said, I feel dead inside. And I was going to say, you're kind of dead to us because you didn't do a very good job with the sports. I mean, but I'm not going to replace him on this project, on this project, Okay, I'm not.
Speaker 8: Yes, you know it's a little awkward too, is that I noticed when we show the shot of the control room with Mario that Anthony, who does graphics, is sitting next to Mario, and every time we show the shot, he's.
Speaker 4: Slowly distanced him.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, just really stretching the edges of that desk there to see.
Speaker 4: I don't really oh, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: This is where we come together. I don't want pointing fingers. I don't want to divide, you know. We just we plow ahead. We start working towards next year. Next year starts now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we apply for another category in the sports.
Speaker 2: I mean I was thinking of learning Spanish and we are nominated for the best Spanish Daily.
Speaker 3: There is a show that is a category. Yes, how about outstanding sports Championship coverage? We could cover the championships, make a great show of it. You're there at an esports event, let's hijack that one.
Speaker 2: Desperate times, desperate measures, be like, what's the Dan Patrick show doing here at E Sports? We're all in Hi, Yeah, oh lah.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do. We're gonna cover E sports in Spanish. Dallas Cowboys Seth in Miami, Good morning, Seth. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 11: You guys hit it on the dot, talk about the Cowboys and nothing else, and I guarantee you'll get that that nomination. All your other experts are doing with their regureducation of a great up there.
Speaker 9: In the team.
Speaker 11: But anyways, yeah, uh, you know, I'm not gonna go on that bandwagon. You guys obviously are one of the greater shows out there. You might want to do about something about Pat. He seems to be catching up, but I think that's just a difficult for you guys. Show one of the things that you had sawing out earlier though really quick with Hubert Davis in North Carolina and then be a big ten game, big ten guy. Myself. We're pretty pretty solid over there with Illinois and Brad Underwood. But if you guys remember a name of Mike Davis who took over.
Speaker 4: Bob Knight had Indiana.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I had a pretty successful running Indiana and he got he got showing the door. What after three twenty one seasons getting the national championship game. Uh, and then they just kind of stopped tearing.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: They went to Uh they played against Maryland, I believe in lost national title game. But you know, Mike Davis was viewed as, hey, you got there with Bob Knight's players. That's that's how that happened. Uh, Hubert Davis did he get there with his players? So I mean it's tricky. This is like a revolving door. You know, if you're looking for stability. Don't be a coach, certainly not in college, even the NFL for that matter. Like you got three years. That's it, you got three years. It feels like David in Connecticut.
Speaker 9: Hi, David, Hey, Dan, Hey, Danetz Hey, listen as a new listener here, you guys are going to hold your heads up high. I'm spending my retirement listening to you.
Speaker 15: Guys.
Speaker 9: Love the show. But Dan, you're in the same category as someone who I can call a friend. May he rest in peace. Paul Newman. Paul Newman was not even nominated for The Long Hot Summer, not even nominated for Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid, or for The Sting, or for slap Shot. And when he did get nominated, he only won once for the Color of Money, not even his best movie. So hold your head high.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, David. I appreciate that. Now I feel a little bit better. Any comparison to Paul Newman is a good comparison. Yes, Paul, here's.
Speaker 3: The uh fritzy you do the numerology thing? Paul Newman Best Actor Award. He was zero for six before he finally won it.
Speaker 4: Mmmmm, got it at.
Speaker 2: Darius Rutger, who wins awards, will join us. Coming up next hour, we'll check in with the North Carolina tar Heels. What's next. Mel kiper draft expert, he'll join us as well. Two more hours to go.