Speaker 1: Consumed is a production of iHeart Podcast and Grimm and Mild from Aaron Mackey Headphones Recommended Listener discretion advised.
Speaker 2: Before us said, I mean they're leading the league and even strength goals.
Speaker 3: There and you just missed Spooky by the legendary Dusty spring Feed.
Speaker 4: I love that song.
Speaker 5: You're on w l O S Tunes for the Mountains of All Hampshires New and old.
Speaker 4: What old Hampshire like England up.
Speaker 6: Next to classic from the Masters of Rock.
Speaker 4: That's just Hampshire.
Speaker 7: Shit, not now, Alex, hold on, I've got to put you on speaker.
Speaker 4: Good damn it. Sorry? Hi, Hello, Sis, are you okay? I'm fine? Hello, and good afternoon to you as well.
Speaker 8: Alex, Yes, Hi, Hello, Good day, blood relatives. Shall I send you a TikTok DM and we can just talk that way.
Speaker 4: You don't know how TikTok works, do you.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: I stopped caring when those suburban girls made thousands off appropriating dance moves created by women of color and not sharing in those.
Speaker 7: Profits millions what millions they've made and continue to make.
Speaker 4: So there you go, yes, but that's not all TikTok.
Speaker 7: You know what we can get into all social media debates and Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: Okay, actually that's why I am, like, why you.
Speaker 4: Miss my space so much? Oh Jesus are you okay? Yeah? Yeah, I almost just slammed into the biggest year I've ever seen. Was that a moose. I have no Jesus fucked. I was close, But dear, where are you?
Speaker 6: I thought you were in Boston?
Speaker 4: God damn it, Rain Sarah. Oh oh, yeah about that. I moved out about three weeks ago.
Speaker 6: You what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was gonna let the fam know, but I had to pay up and go for this job ob up in the.
Speaker 4: Great Bay National Wildlife Reserve.
Speaker 7: You're in Maine, technically New Hampshire, but right on the border.
Speaker 6: Job off.
Speaker 7: So check this out. WNPS. You know how much I love NPS because you and mom better a.
Speaker 8: Local m PR affiliate than some of the stuff Spotify players nowadays.
Speaker 4: Okay, Boomer, stay on target.
Speaker 7: So NPS announced that submissions were open for one of their producer positions.
Speaker 6: But aren't they located in the city.
Speaker 7: Will you let me finish or I'll go back and let that deer in me.
Speaker 6: Go on?
Speaker 7: So I decided that since Spooky season was coming up, I bet there would be a ton of submissions and packages dealing with Salem and they're witches, right, But what if I track down some of these super old folklore legends up in rural New England. Like, dearest sister, I thought you'd never ask, have you ever heard of the Succubus of Stratham Hill? So what the Succubus of Stratham Hill?
Speaker 6: Stay them like the transporter?
Speaker 4: Too straight thumb?
Speaker 7: And that's an oddly specific choice considering Jason Statham's UVRA.
Speaker 8: So you went up to the preserve to interview people? Did you bring a crew with you?
Speaker 4: A crew? Okay, twenty ten? No, sister, I am the crew.
Speaker 7: That's the position media has since pivoted to one person doing the job of five for the same salary. How Well, Luckily, with this trusty phone, a mike and a laptop, I can write, shoot, edit and submit anything from my car if I.
Speaker 6: Wanted, Sarah, you know what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do get a real job, a real life.
Speaker 7: You know, sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm just a ghost to everyone, since nothing I do is real.
Speaker 6: That's not what I'm The thing is lex.
Speaker 4: The picket fence, the mortgage, the property, taxes.
Speaker 6: That's not for me, Sarah.
Speaker 7: You have a wonderful wife. I have a cat named jonesy two. Sarah, the thought of a cubicle is what I picture Rikers.
Speaker 6: Shara up, for fuck's sake, shut up and listen to me for god yamn minute.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, so what's up?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry? I was complaining because Mom said, try to thank you.
Speaker 4: Hello, Alex.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Sorry, the signal is is real bad up here, you said, Mom is trying to call me down.
Speaker 6: Dare I've been trying to take chess. That's the hospital.
Speaker 7: What wait?
Speaker 4: What happened is is Mom, okay, I can bear the girls. And then mister Russ's pants ripped when he went to pick it up.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I don't know what was more embarrassing, the rip or the tidy whities he was wearing underneath.
Speaker 5: Support comes in all shapes and sizes, me hoping, princey, PESSI, princesses. We don'tknock support groups, dew we No, we don't knock support for community organizations dew we No, definitely not, And we most definitely don't knock support for the socksm So, if a man needs certain kinds of drawers support.
Speaker 3: Who are we to judge what kind of relise he's using? The lease? Settle down, Conrad. You'll learn that one next year.
Speaker 5: And remember, ain't nobody judging you for getting Mayo and your grilled cheese.
Speaker 3: Sorry, all good. Hope you find your Nokia in time.
Speaker 5: My mom still has a Nokia now, granted she's seventy three.
Speaker 4: What was that about supporting? I have to take this.
Speaker 5: Hey, I didn't mean it that way.
Speaker 9: It's okay.
Speaker 5: She's been jampos chitchen now, God damn it.
Speaker 9: You know I'm one of two people with access to our town tow truck, so you're mighty lucky. I'm not out of town like Buster is.
Speaker 4: Seriously, thank you.
Speaker 9: What happened?
Speaker 7: I almost got demolished by a deer about ten miles back, and then the rain started, so I was on full alert, which is why I think I must have overcompensated when I thought I saw another deer but wasn't a deer because I don't think so. And then my sister, oh shit, I couldn't understand anything she was She missed think do you have a cell phone?
Speaker 9: Yes? And no?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 9: Yes? I have one, but as I believe you've experienced. There's only one cell tower and it covers town center, about twenty miles west to here, and currently it's out of order.
Speaker 7: Fuck, I'm sorry, it's just that I think she was trying to tell me something about my mother.
Speaker 4: Shit, I'm sorry, I don't mean to.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what. By the looks of this axle, you came pretty close to having to be airlifted to Manchester. So let's enjoy that for a second. Oh wow, that bad huh h Germans, bad tires, good seatbelts, whatever deer you saw, it was you a few grand easy, great, And there's more good news and bad.
Speaker 4: News, awesome, bad news.
Speaker 9: First always, this is fixable, but only Buster can fix this. And as I mentioned, he's out of town, so I can toe this to his shop, but he'll be back tomorrow. And depending on the parts, you or your car may be stuck here for a few days.
Speaker 4: No car, no phone, no home. How is there any possibility of good news?
Speaker 9: Well, this is what one would call country hospitality. You're welcome to come use the landline in my house, our house where my wife's son and puppy named mishall live. Make whatever cause you want and if needed. You're welcome to stay in our guest room.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 7: But the real question is what kind of puppy?
Speaker 3: You can't talk to them like that? And I understand, Boss, kid gloves this whole woke generation totally. One complain to their parents and they'll see our pants off.
Speaker 9: And that means you're out.
Speaker 3: Of a job, absolutely, and I think that should worry you. Boss. I'm very sorry, and it won't happen again.
Speaker 5: You need to be more focused or quite frankly, Alfonso, I'll have to start looking at my options.
Speaker 8: All right, I'll seat them.
Speaker 3: Just take out the trash and make sure the takeout station is stocked and cleaned up. You got it, Boss, right on it. Descra Seattle.
Speaker 4: Calvo.
Speaker 3: H m hmmm mm hmm, Mama, who slow down?
Speaker 6: My what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'll be home at two am. Come and mister Sean wants me back at eight a m as usual.
Speaker 6: CC.
Speaker 5: I know, and yes, I won't smoke a cigarette. Okay, okay, okay, child, Sorry, Mama, better fuck U?
Speaker 3: Tad what.
Speaker 9: No answer?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: So, I can't believe these phones still exist.
Speaker 7: They're slowly becoming obsolete, just like good and honest people.
Speaker 4: I love it, though, what a beautiful home you have. Thank you so much for letting me spend the night. Oh and you can thank Jack. It was his idea, of course. Avery. Why don't you go get washed up and hit the hay. But it's only ten fifteen, Ma, we have guests. Oh please, don't put yourself out on my account. Avery, Now.
Speaker 9: Alrighty, her car is over it Busters. I left him a note and as soon as he gets back and assesses, he'll give us a call. Everything Rema, good night, Good night dad.
Speaker 3: Miss Simmons.
Speaker 7: You know what, I could just head into town tonight and find a hotel. At this hour, it's only ten fifteen. I think I could uber Uber.
Speaker 9: I'll make you a deal. If you get a signal out here, get me one as well.
Speaker 6: Fair.
Speaker 4: I'm just sorry to have to put you out.
Speaker 9: Don't sweat it. Sorry for my wife. We've been having some issues with our son. Nothing major, just teenagers, you know, but she's taking it a bit hard.
Speaker 4: Been there been one? I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's fine. It'll be nice to have someone else here. I'm sure she'll feel much better in the morning and we can all break fast and head into town.
Speaker 4: Totally.
Speaker 6: Just let me know.
Speaker 4: Where guest room is.
Speaker 7: I could absolutely use some sleep, preferably twelve hours.
Speaker 9: Oh we're right next to the Beacon farm, so unless you want to go wrestle the rooster over there, you'll have the world's oldest alarm clock singing you a song at six am sharp.
Speaker 4: Of course, Well then good night, Ullah.
Speaker 5: Aaron? Is that you? Yo?
Speaker 4: Who's there?
Speaker 7: Aaron?
Speaker 5: Is that you?
Speaker 3: Look? I didn't mean it about those.
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 6: This? No, no, no, ou.
Speaker 4: Already?
Speaker 6: What day is this?
Speaker 7: Tuesday, October eleventh, twenty twenty one, No twenty two. This is Sarah Simmons and this is audio blog entry four thirty seven, or as I like to call it, how many days since my last job? So last we heard from our intrepid explorer, that's me. She had been gallivanting up in the frozen tundra of Stratham in search of the supposed succubi that has haunted the town for decades. Ough, intrepid who is your audience?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 4: Simmons? Fancy charted, Okay, okay, you got this? What Hello? One more time?
Speaker 7: Back to the succubiss shortly, but on the seventh day, something unexpected happened.
Speaker 4: After crashing my car and according.
Speaker 7: To the local who came to my rescue, narrowly escaping brutal injury. I found myself stranded in a small town, or rather on the outskirts of a small town, with no reception.
Speaker 4: No car, and nowhere to go.
Speaker 7: I had little choice but to accept an offer to stay in what feels like the oldest and least insulated home ever built.
Speaker 4: Wow, what as if on you you could.
Speaker 7: Sleep in a life sized block of Swiss cheese and it would be less breezy? I mean, who made it part of the New England way of life that we had to be as cold and wet as possible in the winter in order to appreciate the fourteen days of perfect weather in April. It's October eleventh and I'm wearing two sweaters to bed. Oh shit, I did it again, Sarah. Stop going off topic. Stop living in a dream world. Sarah, find a husband, a job, of a house.
Speaker 4: Be more like me, Sarah, be like shit, the wind just blew the outdawn window open.
Speaker 6: What the.
Speaker 8: What is that.
Speaker 4: Danville police lines being recorded? What's your emergency? Hello, Danville police? What's your emergency? Tanna?
Speaker 6: Is that you.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 4: Listen up? Idiots? You know we can trace this right, Hello, I can hear you. Okay, I'm hanging up unless you have something to say, all right.
Speaker 1: Consumed Episode one, Predator, written by Carlos Folia, editing and sound design by Trevor Young, Starring Rachel Rosenbloom and Arturo Castro, with Ruth Connell, Sam Rod, Genevieve Padialaki, Benjamin Stockholm, Charlie David Newell, Mike Korich, Anna East Fairweather, Junior A Lobby, Alma Martinez, Tracy Martin, Laura Shine, George Vincent, and Rafael Corkill. Directed by Alexander Williams, Assistant director Trevor Young, Casting by Sunday Bowling CSA and Meg Mormon CSA. Production coordinator Wayna Calderon. Music by Carlos Folia. Consumed the season one score available now on Apple Music, Spotify, or wherever music is streamed. Executive producers Aaronmanky, Carlos Folia, Matt Frederick and Alexander Williams. Supervising producers Trevor Young and Josh Thain. Producers Noami Griffin, Jesse Funk, and Rima Ilkali. Recorded at This Is Sound Design Studios, Burbank California engineered by Ross erroneou east Side Studios, Austin, Texas engineered by Austin Sisler and Aroos Creative and Sound o Hi California engineered by Ken Aros. Consumed was created by Carlos Folia, inspired by the novel by Aaron Manky. Consumed is the newest chapter in the Bridgewater universe. To learn more and catch up, visit Grimandmild dot com Slash Bridgewater. Learn more about Consumed at grimmanmil dot com Slash Consumed, and find more podcasts from iHeartRadio by visiting the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.