Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone.
Speaker 2: Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 1: Garrett has the phone tap. What do you have today? Susan wants to play a phone tap on her boyfriend Gerald. Now, the couple recently moved into a new home that has an association attached to their home. So Gerald wants to get rid of this old tree that's in front of his house, right, but he can't because there's rules, you know. So he's put some calls into the association saying, hey, can you help me get rid of this? So I'm gonna return the call to Gerald saying, hey, here are the rules you can't do? All right, there are rules. Let's explore Garrett's phone tap listening. Hello, I'm looking for a Gerald.
Speaker 3: This is Gerald. How can I help you?
Speaker 1: I'm Jeffrey Probes. I work With's Glaid Issues Association.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 1: As the board president? That's why I'm calling. According to the law of the association, Unfortunately, you're not allowed to cut down the tree.
Speaker 3: Why it's on my property that I've just bought. It's an I soore, So why do I not have the discretion to cut it down?
Speaker 1: If I want to well, that tree has been there since the inception of the association, So it's kind of like sacred grounds.
Speaker 3: Who is on my land that you don't know how much of a pain that is causing us. It looks terrible. You're you're the president of the homeowners association. Have you driven around the neighborhood. Do you see that tree?
Speaker 1: No? I totally understand where you're coming from with it, and that's totally fine. But I just wanted because we've gotten a few complaints from neighbors.
Speaker 3: They're hell with neighbors complaining bylaws.
Speaker 1: That's how we move forward as a community. We go by the bylaws.
Speaker 3: I don't give up flying about a bylaws. The community ain't paying my mortgage, they ain't paying none of my utilities or nothing. That tree is ugly as hell, and I'm about to cut it.
Speaker 1: Did you read did you read your content book when when you first moved in?
Speaker 3: Yes, I read the damn content book. I know all about the bylaws and they're obsolete. They're crazy. Y'all wanted somebody to buy the house. I got the house. We're good neighbors. We don't cause any problem. But you saying that I can't because the bylaws, and y'all won't.
Speaker 1: Actually, we've been getting complaints from a few of the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Right, I've been in less than two weeks. Who the sam hell is complaining on me?
Speaker 1: All right, well, mister Smithersteen actually left a voicemail for me.
Speaker 3: Who the hell is mister Smitherstein. The only person I know in the neighborhood is my girlfriend because she lives with me. Who is Sam Allan Smitherstein.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, well he's he's he's one of the first people to move into the association.
Speaker 3: Oh so he's older than the bilogs of carrying off?
Speaker 1: Well, sir, okay, well he actually I actually he left a voicemail, so I can hold on. Let me just play it.
Speaker 3: Back to play a complaint.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jeffrey, are you there, Jeffrey, it's it's it's Dino. I'm just calling about the tree. I saw this couple move in and they said that they were trying to.
Speaker 1: Cut it down.
Speaker 2: I saw the equipment in everything. I'm just calling. Why would they knock down the tree. It's a legacy tree. It's a legacy tree. It's been in the community for years.
Speaker 3: It's really that's the that's the that's the complaint to talk about a legacy tree. I tell you what I want to do, and your legacy tree. You know what I'm getting in the car now. We're gonna tell this an hour and a half and you'll see me then, Gary, are there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have to we have to end it now. Like he's in his car. We got to stop him now, all right, all right, let's call him right back, give me a give me just like one or two minutes of just messing with him, and then we'll bust a joke.
Speaker 3: Okay, he can't drive that step far away from work for no reason. He can't do that. That's that's his job.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I'm in trouble, Jerald, What what's up? You're play? Hell? No, I'm not alright. The homeowners association they won't let us cut down that has tree in the yard, and they I just got off of the phone with these jerks. I'm on my way. I am peed off because when I get to the house, that damn tree is gone. There is no way in hell I'm gonna let that ugly tree stay in our yard. Legacy tree or not. You already let's work. I mean, yes, yeah, I'm already in the car. I'll be home and now probably fifty minutes. This is I'm not dealing with this anymore. I'm on my way now. They're gonna.
Speaker 1: Gerald, Gerald, Hey, yeah, yeah, go on. Gerald. My name is Garre from Elvis dur in the Morning Show. And you just got phone tap by your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I got a phone tap. Oh I was famous. You don't really need work. I'm in the parking lot trying to get my thoughts together before I get there. Oh you think that's funny.
Speaker 2: Elvis Duran phone tap. This phone tap was pre recorded with permission granted by all participates. The Elvis Duran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show