Speaker 1: And new, he scrugs. Friday and Friday and Friday.
Speaker 2: Let's ride on the players loud ah yes, all moving into Sunday's game the forty nineties against the Cowboys. Heck, my Rison is here, Barry Church is here, I'm new, he scruggs, and we are talking cowboys.
Speaker 3: Who it's almost here, man almost, man said, whoa, it's been. It's been that kind of build up to the week. You can build it in the building when you come in. It's just man, you just feels ready. It's that time on a plane tomorrow. Any good spots to eat that, oh of course?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right there there'll be a lobster roll and my name on it.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: It's gonna blow through the company budget on this one.
Speaker 5: When you go out there, do you stay like in the city actually, like I'm a house skirts.
Speaker 2: Actually I'm just staying right there the airport, okay, the little spot right there on the airport, right you know, at.
Speaker 1: The airport cable stick point.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, that's the part I do hate about them moving the standium because bang right there, But sot I other spot right there, little seafood spot. Man, boom, nice and easy, nice and probably going to the city then after the game, because the game, this is the beauty of Toney Football and West Coast, and early enough the restaurants are shut down. Plus San Francisco International City, so you always find some late night lily will be over there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that market, you know, I already got all that like fish kind of market over there.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, but but it's it's close enough anyways, it's and I'm I'm looking forward to the game because this is an atmosphere.
Speaker 4: They've got good fans.
Speaker 1: Out they got good fans, so I enjoy their.
Speaker 2: Fans and you know they're gonna be out there. Radio cowboy fans show up all the time. Everywhere you go, they show up. I remember the first time every went out to a game Jim Harbow was coaching, and.
Speaker 1: Literally that was that was Jesse Holly's game.
Speaker 6: If you have you ever told you what happened, It's like, Annis, that's good good, right.
Speaker 1: Was like I'm about second year in the league, Like this is yet what if Jesse had scored?
Speaker 3: Man, you definitely wanted to heard it had been a national holiday one day.
Speaker 1: When you watch the video again, if he showed you. I'm in the background, Phil.
Speaker 3: Walked down, cow walked. But hey, it was a big play, big play.
Speaker 1: And I say that because that year the Niners.
Speaker 2: You didn't know how good the Niners were going to be, So the stadium was about sixty five percent Cowboy fans.
Speaker 1: That was a good game. It was a good game.
Speaker 2: It was a good game, and that's when hardball kind of broke out and became the guy who came. But that was an old Candlestick Park and now they play Levi's.
Speaker 4: A whole different place.
Speaker 2: It's hot, it's not, it's not. It's a different, different vibe. But the fans will show up.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, man, I know you grew up in the South, but back in the day, back in the early eighties, man, that Candlestick Park, those games like we had a twelve o'clock game Cowboys, but then always the afternoon game would be San Francisco and Man Raftman, Roger Craig Man, that was I mean, but these are these are games that used to come on. Man, I'm telling you, regardless of how you felt about the forty nine Ers, man, it just had that nostalgia around the uniform. The teams that they put together, Steve Wash, Joe Munton, like all of those teams back then. That's why when people talk about this game and how special it is from just a nostalgia standpoint, man, this is just crazy.
Speaker 4: It means something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: The first time I got to meet Dennis Thurman, former Cowboys player, was he was a dB coach of USC.
Speaker 4: It's about it was ninety ninety six. Yeah, bout ninety six.
Speaker 2: And I told them, how Man watched you growing up, man number thirty two.
Speaker 4: You know, I was like, I remember that that catch game.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I had to go to school after that game. Man, I look said after the game, and I cried, and he looked at me.
Speaker 1: You cried. You cried, You cried, you cried.
Speaker 2: I just put my hands out. Yeah, hey you play, You're okay? Okay, you know, yeah, you you actually did it.
Speaker 1: He was there, Bill Wash and our boy Everson had a great, great game.
Speaker 2: You talk about one of the more unfair things in life is how great Everson was in this game and creating turnovers and and he's known for a pass that was a throwaway pass.
Speaker 3: It sucks to climbed the ladder on that one. When I'm looking at the highlights, I'm like, up, Oh, she was up there. He climbed it. He went up there and got that thing.
Speaker 2: And Montana wasn't throwing it to Dwhite card he was throwing it away. And I love the line that Bill Walsh ended up saying to Montana after the game, say, you know what, your buddy saved your because it was supposed to happen in this the course. Heck, you know because you were like you watched the Cowboys got the ball back and went right down the field. They were going down the field. Drew Pearson catches the ball over the middle and he's gone except for Eric Wright pulled him.
Speaker 1: Go see that bigga.
Speaker 3: See when I'm watching high Lands, I thought that was it, Like he caught the ball. The people it was a rat.
Speaker 2: So it was more the game so ever so so Drew gets caught.
Speaker 1: Then they've got another They got another play.
Speaker 2: Tom Rafferty and Danny White fumbled the snapping and just things there. But they were going down the field and it was going to be a Raffael Septyn field goal. They're going to Super Bowl sixteen. They're going to beat the Cincinnati Bengals. That's what's gonna happen. And Danny White's gonna win the super That was what was supposed to happen. It didn't happen. I didn't want to go to school.
Speaker 1: I cried because this.
Speaker 2: Was the second year in a row that they should have been in the Super Bowl. Now they got me twenty to seven year before by Field Veteran Stateium, and they made the Cowboys wear the damn.
Speaker 3: Thee where to beat them up blues and took it out of us right there, whole city when they saw the blues, and like a.
Speaker 1: Cow never wear white cowards.
Speaker 4: And if WILB.
Speaker 2: Montgomery had a good game, they won. Twenty said okay, fine, next year. I'm like, you know, this is right right right, it was supposed to be. And so fast forward Heckman and I now we're we're you know, we're at in college now and and and.
Speaker 1: It's ninety two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Jimmy running things.
Speaker 2: And this team, this forty nine ers team was expected to with everybody your candlestick part. These cowboys young and ain't gonna have they bring out Roger Starbut on the sidelines it's muddy, yeah, and Man's it was a beautiful ending and it and it ain't gonnat. It meant something. Man, it meant more.
Speaker 1: I thought, as a grown man.
Speaker 2: Now I'm in the TV business, I thought as a grown man, it wouldn't mean that it meant.
Speaker 1: Was that the picture of em when he was on the on the bench all muddied up.
Speaker 3: That might have been a That might have been the ninety four, That might have been the n Yeah, that was ninety four, But ninety two. I was in high school, knew it. But that's cool.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's not good.
Speaker 3: I just want to tell you if you remember, if you remember that ninety two game, Alvin Harper, that Alvin Harper catch, Now that's that's come on. Now, this is what I'm saying, like, this is why when I think on this game, when I think about all those times that you just illustrated and went through. Man, that's why this game right here is like, no matter how you try and capitalize it or say how much it means to the Cowboys, that's the history component to this game that who's ever putting the highlight reel together right now for Sunday is having he got a lot of content to add because it's a damn good game.
Speaker 1: And the Cowboys need their Alvin Harper for this game.
Speaker 2: Youngest the number one ranked defense in the league that year. And so the Dallas got out to a lead, they cut it back and then North Turner asked, Jimmy Johnson, what do you want to do because you've got the lead, you know, do you just try to milk the clock?
Speaker 4: But sad, I want to win.
Speaker 1: So he calls the pass.
Speaker 2: Play and Michael Irvin me, yeah, he may help it. Harper, yeah, And so Troy finds Alvin Harper. The grass, the grass at Candlestick Park is bad, and there was the part, the part of the field that has had some different side. Dana Hall slips, Alvin Harper, catches his streaks all the way down inside the twenty yard line, runs it at for a touchdown. They go to the Super Bowl and it is Jimmy saying, how about them Cowboys? And and for so many people this was this was monumental because those Tom Landry that was the that was the last of it. Man, after that they cratered. Okay, after the catch, man, the times was rough and you never thought.
Speaker 1: You'd see it again.
Speaker 2: And it was these dudes, the Niners built the dynasty, and here it was your opportunity to take it back. There's something about going and getting it back from those dudes in their house, your place where you were favorite, and it means something. And heck, ma, I'll tell you where else I saw that was with the Mavericks O six. The Mavericks end up losing the finals here in Dallas. They celebrated Game six here twenty eleven. Dirk and Miami win Game six the Dallas say wing gates in Miami, and I remember the staffer because after the finals, there's a little room you go in everybody take the pictures with.
Speaker 1: And one of the Mavericks was, where's that room?
Speaker 4: Oh down, I want don't give me.
Speaker 2: That same room in my place that you made me find because the league man, where's the room we need to tru It's over here, he's where's the room?
Speaker 1: Where's the room? It right now there?
Speaker 2: So yeah, meant it definitely meant something when they won that, and the same joy that Cowboy fans had to watch it.
Speaker 4: Just a couple of years later, when Barry switches a head.
Speaker 2: Coach on a team that that you know should have should have should have.
Speaker 5: Won three do y'all feel like this rivalry is coming back up like how it was back in the early nineties eighties.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's coming back to a head.
Speaker 3: I don't think it ever went anywhere. Honestly, It's like that. To me, it's always even though Baltimore and Pittsburgh are in the same division, it's just two teams that you know, have that history. They've always played for a championship, and no matter when they hook up, it's gonna be a movie, no matter what you know. And they their record could be bad, our record could be bad, but we gonna play to the depth no matter what you know. But just so happened as you fast forward here to to Mike McCarthy's regime, and he finally has a trilogy, he finally has a team in his way. I mean, if you go back to all the great coaches that have had to overcome anybody, it seems to me McCarthy for him, it's the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: Along the way, you've got those teams. I mean, if you're a Cowboy fan, it's it's three teams. It's the Niners, Steelers, it's the Packers, and the history of your your your biggest moments and heartbreaks. It's there and and just having to get past that one team. For the Raiders, it was getting past the Steelers. That was a whole I mean, tucking Raider boys, man, and I've had those fun times.
Speaker 1: They'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm tell you, man, how many how many rings Steelers it took from so so to finally get it done and beat them. You know, there's there's a meaning for every Franchi. I mean, when you were in Jacksonville, I'm sure you guys had yours, the.
Speaker 1: Titans, the Titans, Yeah, getting over the Titans. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember in the Ravens for a while it was the Titan. Eddie Georgia and Ray Lewis used to go at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so so it's here and it's an easy sell and we'll all be looking at it.
Speaker 1: And I know when I go there, I enjoy seeing I said Jerry Rice last time I was there, man, took a picture with Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just seeing that it means something. That's the biggest bottom line is it means something. And while the young ones like Micah talked about hey man, I don't really know, but then I.
Speaker 1: Found out the tickets cost more for this game. Okay, Mike.
Speaker 3: Bottom line, they got all they got all the information, the technology in their hands. How do you not know what he said that? There's no way you don't know that, there's no way, there's no way.
Speaker 2: YouTube right right there, just go ahead and bam they'll show you right prime, you know prime on both sides of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's.
Speaker 2: Something that do you just shake your head at a little bit, but it means something here. And you'll see the fans when they go in there. Man, you'll see the games like this. What I do notice brings out the old school jerseys. So we'll see a twenty two Smith, We'll see a young eight, We'll see it eighty Rice along with you know run CMC and a Micah.
Speaker 4: But that's that's the interesting that that's when you know he's big. You see those.
Speaker 2: And there's certain teams that travel that I've noticed when they come here, when the Giants come here, you'll see the fifty six. You know, you'll see people pull those out there, likes I say, last week in Houston, there's a you know has some friends who went down there. You know, you see the Franco Harris jerseys. Rest in peace, Franco. You know you're going to see those That's that's when you know it's big, hey man, because you know, man, there's certain jerseys you don't take out Vineo moments that game, right, Okay, we're going that game, take it out for this one. And this is that kind of game. And I'm excited that it's on Sunday. It deserves to be. This is what Sunday Night Football superl be about. Yes, prime time Bros. And it's and it's truly a matchup and that the Cowboys and Mike McCarthy have put emphasis on and saying this matters this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without a doubt, I'm glad he did.
Speaker 5: I'm glad he's not going in there, you know, trying to you know, sugarcoat things.
Speaker 1: This is just another game. This is the next step in with the coaches. Yeah, no, man, let us know what it is. And you're right, this is a team that's taking.
Speaker 5: This squad out the past two years, punched him in the mouth, out, physical and whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: They've done that to the Cowboys the past two years.
Speaker 5: So I'm glad Mike earlier this week let them know like this, this is the game. This is the measuring stick right here, and it seems like these players are reacting well to it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Plenty of places to watch the game. We're gonna be, you know, I personally, I I don't know how people go to watch parties.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want to watch TV. I don't want people all talking to me. Now I'm focused. I'm in here. What about you like? You like the heck you're like? Man, man, I should I go in the dungeon? If you know about the dungeon? You know about the dungeon, going the dungeon?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 4: People rewinded?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't like talking talking small talk, man, I always said people in a sports bart.
Speaker 1: No, no, absolutely no.
Speaker 4: I detest the sports bars.
Speaker 1: If I'm want to go watch your team, your other boys, I can see King.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we watched the Commanders and the Bears.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think we all got that wrong. Flu Blues did come and get you know, his first victory of the seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they broke the Chicago fourteen game, losing treatment. So I had Washington twenty four to sixteen. Heck, maan, you had Washington seventeen ten. Church you had washed No, no church has Chicago.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to tell y'all, Man Church has Chicago pictures on fire. All right, you're looking at me. I'm telling you ain't no way. I ain't got to be back to the tape.
Speaker 1: I had them. It's on eight. I just yes on tape. Yes, he did have Chicago. Trying to tell you how man ambles. Wow.
Speaker 2: I started listening to me talk about pulling up, pulling, pulling a rabbit.
Speaker 1: Damn he had it twenty seven fourteen, wash it Wow, trying to tell you are you serious?
Speaker 3: Because I saw the text last night to say, did anybody have Chicago? Nobody asked. I was like, I know, we all picked command. I was putting on the bed, but yeah, I'm on there.
Speaker 2: Take twenty twenty onego new.
Speaker 1: Fields is gonna come out. You know Fields is gonna come out right. It ain't gonna come out right. He did. Whoa Magic Johnson so mad he.
Speaker 3: Tweeted out there he better get ready. He better heard Magic say like criticize somebody.
Speaker 1: No, not never.
Speaker 3: He's the object of positivity. I have never heard so bad Magic got. But but you know what, I'm happy for Philds because man, they were digging this guy's NFL graves. He must win, and I don't think that he's by any means gotten out of it. But just to see him play, to see them draw up plays for him that that are in his wheelhouse, into his strength.
Speaker 1: He's that kind of player. Man.
Speaker 3: You cannot make these mobile quarterbacks try to be these pocket passes and create something that these guys are. I know that he's gonna have to deliver passes, he's gonna have to do that the quarterback position, but he's a playmaker.
Speaker 1: Let that kid do what he does well.
Speaker 2: Since he criticized the coaches, he's got seven touchdown passes, seven hundred some yards of passing me.
Speaker 1: So it's huge for him.
Speaker 2: Clearly, whatever it was, they listened, they got to a meeting of the minds, and and here they are. They're one and one, should have be should be two and oh but they went on the road to Washington, a place I didn't think they'd have shot, and they showed out through a forty.
Speaker 1: Do you do you start questioning Ron Rivera now, now, no.
Speaker 2: Riverbot goto got stacks on stacks and losing. So here's the wildest thing. He's got two Coaches of the Year awards. So he's got like three winning seasons and when the Coach of the Year award.
Speaker 1: Two of them. But you know, it's like we kind of like forget.
Speaker 2: The other stuff, man, but dude here winning, you know, winning Division seventy nine in Carolina.
Speaker 1: Mean so no, he needs nothing.
Speaker 4: Good but no, come in, come on.
Speaker 1: He got I mean Jack del Rio, dust up del Rio man. For supposed to be. They were supposed to be the truth, man, And that's it.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the thing that's so misleading about the Commanders is that defensive line. You look at the guys that they have upfront, you ask yourself, why don't they have a dominant They got forty put on them with a defensive line, and I think anybody would trade anything to have those those.
Speaker 1: Guys up front.
Speaker 3: Man, come on, it's just it's unheard of and they should not have forty put on them. But that's how I asked that question about Ron Rivera, because he has escaped plenty up scrutiny.
Speaker 1: New ownership. Heck, man, I don't see. I don't see how.
Speaker 2: I don't I think your new owners especially with the timing of buying the team.
Speaker 4: You gotta let it go. So you let it go. And and but no.
Speaker 1: They had a crowd that was that was sold out and hiked.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I'm checking tweets from Washington folks and they're all, yeah, yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Electric cabbage they hopped on quick. Was that what rep? So you posted? I forgot how it goes. It's it's pretty bad. But but either way, man suffer it. Dude. That was that was rough. But it also goes to show you this league, man, we don't know. We don't know it.
Speaker 2: And and not to excuse the Cowboy lost to Arizona, but if you don't come correct, you will get beat in this league, even by a team that you think is no good, it will happen to you. So there we go, There we go. Let's get our first break in here.
Speaker 1: Seventy seven. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 7: Talk.
Speaker 2: I'm talking that talk next seven talk next right here on the players.
Speaker 8: Guess I'm DK Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: And they snapped a fresh doowt who looks white. It's not there. He escape flapped. He'll walk for a perch down.
Speaker 8: Just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 9: Pres Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 1: Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 7: These smoothie bowls start with us II and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Do you kick Off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smeirenoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: To the players Loud.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboy Game Time Power by Lenovo, the official gaming platform and community of the Dallas Cowboys. Sign up now to complete compete in Madden twenty four to for a chance to win two tickets and a VIP experience to a twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboy home game. Qualifiers begin on October the sixth and run through the thirteenth. Learn more and register at Dallas Cowboys game time dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, heck Ma, Harrison players Lounch. Brought to you by Tostitos. Got Barry Church here, scrugs. All right, we gotta do our pod pit guys. Okay, and this question we ask everyone here over at Dallas Cowboys dot com and those on the podcast. What player in the game will have the most receptions for either team? Who's catching the most passed Who's.
Speaker 3: This is an easy one for me. I'm going and this is Brandon Cooks. This is Brandon Cooks all day for the Dallas Cobs.
Speaker 1: Squads, lead them in recession. Is going to be Cooks.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be Cooks. I think he has to be that. See I'm an. I think they're gonna dink hi dump.
Speaker 5: I believe they're gonna I know y'all think it's gonna be shots taken, But I think the McCarthy's gonna have that same approach that he's had these first couple of weeks so I'm gonna go Ferguson. I'm gonna go Ferguson on this one. As we've seen, he likes that tight end when the defense kind of shuts down that deeper pass. He likes that five yard, seven yard kind of dump off. He led the team and him receptions last week with seven. He's building upon it, man, So I'm gonna go Ferguson with this one.
Speaker 2: I'm torn between Ceedee Lamb, McCaffrey and McCaffrey. I'm torn between them. I'll go McCaffrey because I think we saw how the Cowboys held him thirty five yards rushing last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you get him out here?
Speaker 3: Swing passes boom. So give me McCaffrey and I would tend to agree with you on Ferguson. You know how I feel about Ferguson. I think he's I think he's the business. It's just when I look at Fred Warner as a linebacker, it's like, how do you how do you trust the guy with that skill set that. I mean, he's so good around the line of scrimmage, but he's even better in coverage and his ability as a linebacker to cover line, to cover tight ends and also Slaugher they trust him, They trust him, and that's the only reason why would because that's the easiest thing for Dak to see the guy's closest to him. Who's gonna be that, and it's gonna be Ferguson. And that's why I think Brandon Cooks. We were talking about Alvin Harper and his catch and what he had to do in that game to get the Dallas Cowboys over the hump. This is what when you go back to those last couple of meetings, it's been the wide receiver's inability to make plays win It counted, all right, whether you put it on Dak, with you put on the wide receivers, that's what it's gonna be. And I just feel like the forty nine ers are gonna do everything that they can to take Ceede Lamb away.
Speaker 1: So what do you do?
Speaker 3: You put your two and your safety over the top on CD and then even if you put your number one on Brandon Cooks, I still expect for Brandon Cooks to be able to beat that matchup.
Speaker 5: He's gonna have, you know what else, is gonna have to have a big day. I'm not gonna say he's gonna have the most receptions. But a guy like Jaalen Tobart, I mean, I think he's gonna happen. He's gonna have to move a change. You're gonna have to third, third.
Speaker 1: And six, being able to go get seven and a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to be able to beat the corner of the forty nine ers, fourth best corner out there. That's what they're gonna put on Jaalen Tobar or maybe a linebacker coming out.
Speaker 1: He's got to be able to win those one on them matchups.
Speaker 5: And to his credit so far this year and every time they've you know, kind of called on him, he's answered the bell.
Speaker 4: And to be able to be where you need to be on the Blitz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is and I don't want to sound hot. Take your show on this, but I'm just going to the red zone problems that we've been having. I want to see Jaalen Tobert then, and because I think he gives you a bigger target than you've been getting with Brandon Cooks. I know Brandon Cooks is fast, and I think in the red zone it doesn't give you the same advantage as it does. It's too short, it's too short forad he's gonna run back, and I just feel like I feel like Brandon Tolbert. Excuse me, Jayalen Tobert is a bigger target for Dak, and I would love to see him become more involved in red zone opportunities.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, All right.
Speaker 4: Let's get the real meeting conversation.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Seventy seven participant in.
Speaker 2: Practice Tyron Smith on track play McCarthy come out said it expects to see five guys and they have not had all year long. Tyron Smith left, Tyler Smith left, card, Tyler be Honest, center, Zach Martin, right guard, Terrence Steell that right right tackle, gentlemen, provided nobody gets hurt pools a hamstring on Saturday, which.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know, but come on, I know, I know you're right, You're right, might.
Speaker 2: Just getting cold tubble something that Cooper couple play Sunday.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell y'all fantasy. See that's why I don't play fantasy. So different, so different, not gonna do it. He makes you go ahead, y'a. I'll do it during the break, but I gotta go ahead. Make that man.
Speaker 1: But look if these five guys play man.
Speaker 2: Now, now, now we're talking about a different type of game in my opinion. And I know we did our picture yesterday and I went Dallas losing thirty one twenty seven.
Speaker 3: What you're about to do you got to do, Flint, What you about to do? Do it before before we're flippo. You know, I believe it's seven.
Speaker 1: I believe in. I believe you're gonna brew on it for a second.
Speaker 2: I believe if he's playing it, she's a pro bo. You know, feel the snow Games is pro Bowl right down right down good. I think that's yes, Yes.
Speaker 5: I just I don't know. Yeah, you think he's that he's that Think of a difference between the l and the like. Because before I would say this, I would say, you know, seventy percent of seventy seven have him out there?
Speaker 1: Has of late? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're afe hundred percent of that, if you know, if you were, if you were Nick Bosa, who would you prefer?
Speaker 1: He saw seventy one out there?
Speaker 2: What you tell you no sooner than we saw Michael Lover And tell Alvin Harper, you go over there, Nick, Nick seventy.
Speaker 7: One of it.
Speaker 1: I'm going over there. I still think players fear tiring like that. That's what I mean. I think there's still a respect level there for time.
Speaker 2: You don't need to fear him like maybe you say Trent Williams, but this is no easy day.
Speaker 1: He's not he Peters, but he.
Speaker 3: Ain't Williams in okay, absolutely, but he's a good football here here, here in lies one of the problems, man, because I saw it camp.
Speaker 4: We saw michaeh Michael, Michael Tack.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Mike, but he's different. Yeah, but that's the thing. Oh he's you know, this is the medium. I'm not gonna say name, but give me people.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Literally here with the hunk. Now. So while he's getting to me, he out there take it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go and get you know, just taking him out of me, you know, giving the stone cold stunted, the Josh ball. I mean, he's tearing everybody, but nobody's talking about it.
Speaker 1: We just sit here. To me, I was tired. And then what happens in game one? Man, he go out there, get the Joans, the wrecking shot man. He's up to tearing it up.
Speaker 2: So it's like, guys, guys, like it's really good and he's nobody's looking good.
Speaker 1: So that's my thing.
Speaker 2: Man, we were judging him against you know, you know Kobe killed him in Kobe was killing everybody. Man, you'll get out there well maybe you know, maybe not a bad of a defender.
Speaker 1: Nah, I ain't. It's just that's what we saw. So he took all the all the ones he was he was.
Speaker 3: Look, I feel like this offense, especially that you know Mike McCarthy, he's keeping Schuman dog.
Speaker 1: We're ready to go.
Speaker 3: It's what you have to Yeah, it's that's natural. But that's how you're gonna be ready to go.
Speaker 1: You getting two reps, yeah, three reps. Hey, Hey, he's taking mental.
Speaker 3: He's taking all the mental reps, taking the mit. But but you have to have Here's here's my thing. And and I agree with you, Knwie. When you have Tying out there on the field, it makes everything better. And Nick Harris, beat writer for the Dallas Cowboys, gave an interestance that on one of five to three one five three fans, saying that this is the first time that Tyler Smith has played with the full offensive line. That's this is crazy that I'll tell you how this has been a problem for the this organization getting their offensive linemen healthy and to play at the same time. We don't even know what this group looked like. They never played together before. So this is this is This is weird but also good.
Speaker 1: Thinking about.
Speaker 2: Thinking about it, thinking about it back, thinking about it, man.
Speaker 1: Thinking about I know.
Speaker 2: It again, thinking about thinking about Hey man, I'm just trying to tell you, man.
Speaker 3: I'm got all five of them together as you got badass bow Smith brothers together.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Man, Make you want to do something, yo, got your two Hall of famers on the line.
Speaker 2: Maybe want to maybe want to pull out that R Kelly. So I can't play it no more. I believe I can fly that. I can't play it no more.
Speaker 3: But you can't do it.
Speaker 1: You could, you can't.
Speaker 3: But would you give the edge to offensive as far as the offensive line down to the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: If if Tying Smith plays, you.
Speaker 3: Would have given, you would have wit it, you would give you would give the offensive line advantage to the San Francisco just based off of Trent Williams alone.
Speaker 5: No, I just look at the body of work. Look who's in the backfield. On what he's been able to do so far the season. The man got almost nine hundred scrimmage yards. That offensive line is doing something. Brock Party has no turnovers. He's clean the entire time. You know they don't. They might outside of Trent Williams. The rest of them might not have big names, but those all are doing work out there.
Speaker 1: You can't have.
Speaker 5: You know, your offense be that powerful and your offensive line be shaky.
Speaker 1: So I'm still giving them to advantage. You're giving that, Okay, I like that, all right, gotta give it so break.
Speaker 2: We'll recap our picks by the way, for anyone who recap our picks.
Speaker 3: Hell, y'all, I've been over here. Unto y'all me, I've been over here. Boy, don't play with me. You I've been over here. I'm all lowe.
Speaker 2: Plays lous. You might tostitos on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 1: Home and away.
Speaker 11: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smeirenoff. We do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: To the players.
Speaker 3: Loude mark your calendars and get your letter holes in and Stein's ready. Frisco Octoberfest officially returns for their fourth annual celebration on Saturday, October seventh at the Star in Frisco, featuring Bavarian inspired activities, delicious food and drinks, and plenty of great live entertainment. Visit the Stardistrict dot com. Slash events for more information.
Speaker 1: Thank you Harrison, Barry Church and new we Scruggs.
Speaker 2: We are the players. I spot to buy tostitos. Danny Craik with the day off, so let us recap our pics. By the way, the show before us Hanging with the Boys, Chris Bean took the Cowboys, Nate Newton took the Cowboys. Shannon Jesse Kirk took the forty nine ers. Yes yes, yes here on the players lounge yesterday. Danny went San Francisco thirty three thirty. He took the Cowboys seventeen ten. Church, you took San Francisco twenty eight twenty four, and took brother knew he San Francisco thirty one twenty seven.
Speaker 4: I put it in pencil.
Speaker 3: You know what that means when you come down to you, to come down to cook in the book everything that he writing, Piscola.
Speaker 1: See he got two pins. He got he got one pen and one pencil. Everything. Everybody but he is a pistol. It's a thirty game to go work with a trump.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, yes, you're right. You're right for them too.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: Looking everybody else's forgot the pencil pencol right there with all that pin, all that pin, just so heapy, he just he put his time.
Speaker 1: We switched. This happened. I don't know either. I don't know either. Unbelievable happened.
Speaker 2: But the seventies seventy seven is back all five offensive line.
Speaker 5: Thinking about it, that's a difference for you seventy seven in the W and L for this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that can mean more time. That can mean more time to deliver a past that could be everything that you need versus bos.
Speaker 5: It seemed like y'all going down the same recipe that got this Cowboys team be the last two years.
Speaker 1: What's that We're just putting it on back shoulders. That's what the path, that's what, that's what. That's what it said.
Speaker 4: This can open up the run game. To my man, this the run.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean so the ability to control the clock, the ability to go get what they have led the league in right now, those those ten play drives. This is what an offensive line jelling together that this is where you can keep the football. Look, if you could limit the number of possessions against run CMC. I'm trying to remember the year they went to Seattle. Heck, golly geez, what year.
Speaker 1: Was it was?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 3: I don't I know exactly what you're talking about, but I have no idea what that bember Let me know.
Speaker 1: It was the year they.
Speaker 4: Went up to Seattle.
Speaker 2: They won the game, they weren't expected to win the game, and DeMarco Murray was fourteen. Okay, Tomarco had a great game.
Speaker 1: And I remember Pete Carroll actress saying, we just have the ball. Yeah, we ran down throw exactly. We didn't have the ball.
Speaker 3: We didn't have the number of possess But can you give them the most important stats to what you're talking about right now?
Speaker 1: One of the Cowboys lead.
Speaker 2: In So you now give me seven seven, and you limit the number of drives that they have over there.
Speaker 1: This is the recipe to put in the game.
Speaker 2: And so when I sit up here and I say to you, now, I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 5: So they couldn't do that without seven. You don't think they could have done that without seven?
Speaker 7: Seven?
Speaker 2: No, not against this team. Now, I get this team, Okay, in order to beat this team, you need that.
Speaker 4: You you need you got to bring out the big guns.
Speaker 2: Everybody, everybody, and you ain't know, Rambo, you rambowing out there with just a little bowling there.
Speaker 1: Now seven got your artillery, Here come the cavalry.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, you know me, it don't take much to get me hype about it. But I'm gonna go with going back to what you were saying about needing Dak to make a play. I think anytime you come to any playoff football, you need your quarterback to make a play.
Speaker 1: That's just one on one.
Speaker 3: When you we always go back to your accounts in Jacksonville, in that AFC game, he did do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you needed him to make a play and one first down. That's all you needed.
Speaker 3: And sometime winning and losing comes down to something so very simple.
Speaker 1: We need that to do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, and this, I mean, don't you think that for everything that's on the table for that, this is a money game for him, it's a money it's a money game for that. He gotta get his money in this game. You you racing over there, it's right there, it's right there.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's right. Ain't nobody stopping you. Seventeen looking good.
Speaker 3: I'm low scoring games. It's gonna be hey, low scoring. We're gonna make it ugly. I mean, we're gonna make it ugly.
Speaker 1: Seven man.
Speaker 2: But I know how this got, I know what consistency proof, I know how this show works.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna leave it there.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it there. String of bell and came around and we got to hope you back up.
Speaker 3: That's exactly that's exactly what happened. Fresh off the boat.
Speaker 1: And said, you don't lose faith in winner a decade winter.
Speaker 3: You got your full. You got your full the artillery. As the man just mentioned right there, you're not going in there with your little people.
Speaker 1: You going in there with the boy eleventh time. This is what we're doing. You know, well, let me he let me, let me.
Speaker 3: What's your faith? What's your faith in this defense? Stopping Christian McCaffrey. That's I mean, that's the answer to if you go flip flop, but not is what's your faith in this defense?
Speaker 1: Actually stopping Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: I think McCaffrey is still going to go out there and get his portion. But I think they'll be able to make the proper stop. Okay, you know, I think they'll be able to make the adjustments they need to in the fourth quarter. And I think combined this is where about playing the game together, making the stops. You need to offense, being able to sustain drives and keep them on the If you can limit the number of possessions, yeah, you know they'll get their twenty points because that's a good football team. They're at home expin to get it. But you got to make sure they don't get to twenty eight the thirty five. So that's what you limit that and then your offense does what it does. Going back to Seattle, that game when you had de Marco Murray doing it. We look at the first game of the year when McCart somebody was gonna be a heavy play. Well, the first game of the year, it was gonna be a heavy day for Tony Pollard.
Speaker 1: Make it a heavy day.
Speaker 2: And I know their defensive line is good. You got a defensive player of the year. This is when you go out there, Jimmy Johnson, want to say it with You're facing a big gorilla.
Speaker 4: You gotta hit him with everything you got. This the week to go do it, guys. This is fun. Let's enjoy the game. Let's just leave it there. Let's just leave it there.
Speaker 2: Hecna you running point Monday to send a video message.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, talking about I would. I'm so happy you got to it before I could. Okay, wow, all right, heckman, do your thing. Oh man, I have two games, one tonight and one tomorrow. I cannot lose my voice, so I'm gonna say it like I always said.
Speaker 1: Go on your way.
Speaker 3: Cow oh wow, let's hope.
Speaker 12: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.