Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 2: There's a story where a doctor's like, hey, if you do this, it's an oral care habit, you can die. It's I'm men. I click it because I mean I keep floss here. My teeth have shifted though, every one of them. There's been a full on shift.
Speaker 3: Hmmm. Is that from your grinding?
Speaker 4: Possibly?
Speaker 2: But I mean every time I eat, all my teeth are in a different place where I have to floss every time now where I only had like two little gaps before.
Speaker 4: No, every time.
Speaker 2: It's so annoying. So I click on anything now. It's like Dinna says this. Well, this dental expert says that scraping your tongue can actually kill you.
Speaker 3: Wait what I just scraped this morning?
Speaker 4: Oh no, Hey, feeling somebody get her pulse?
Speaker 5: He's gone.
Speaker 2: What many don't understand, according to doctor Kelsey Loveland, is that a tongue scraper can create small, invisible cuts and tongue tissue, allowing bacteria direct access to the bloodstream. I guess Kelsey's a dude. In case I said it was a her, Oh I thought it was a girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: For someone with a heart valve issue, this could potentially lead to endo carditis, which has a mortality rate between fifteen to thirty percent. Patients with heart valve issue should be particularly cautious about any oral care tools that introduce bacteria into the bloodstream. These tools post similar risk, and then he goes to all of it. So if you don't have whatever the valve is, it still could create cuts that bacteria could get in that can make you sick and more so. But if you have a vulnerability, it's even worse. I think about that. It doesn't even have to be the tongue. I guess if you were scraping any part of your body or I'm.
Speaker 3: Thinking like if you floss and bleed, if you know, sometimes when you floss you bleed.
Speaker 2: Difference is that when you scrape your tongue there's tissue. I guess if you eat, that's right on your tongue, and if you do that to your gut, there's not really okay.
Speaker 3: So I was just getting a little overwhelmed there because they say if you don't flaws, that causes heart disease. So I'm like, okay.
Speaker 4: These wellness warriors may end up aggressively scraping away food debris but also eroding their oral Health's cool.
Speaker 3: I'm a wellness warrior.
Speaker 5: That's you.
Speaker 3: That's what I hear from that, And all all I need to start doing is scrape gently.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know that that directly affects us, but it is good to know.
Speaker 3: You never know if you have a heart velve issue.
Speaker 2: Also, if you just go into town on your tongue, you're probably cutting it up. I mean you could actually get sick from it and maybe not die. But anytime you make a little cut, that's a pathway into the blood.
Speaker 5: You scrape your tongue.
Speaker 2: I has sort of so every I floss every day, and so I'll scrape my tongue at the beginning with floss cauld, I make it really long, and then a part of it where I go and then that piece is dead and I go to the next part.
Speaker 5: Do you have floss to scrape?
Speaker 4: Yes, at the beginning like this, watch nobody, nobody talks.
Speaker 5: It's pretty wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I just never heard of it.
Speaker 4: Who taught you that? Self taught?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I had a natural instinct, so like this, I'll do.
Speaker 3: This is not really doing anything.
Speaker 4: Do you think why would it not do anything?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just feel like you're just stirring it up a little bit. I think this is I know, I feel like you're oh.
Speaker 4: You have to is flex your tongue and you drag it across.
Speaker 5: It's like you to scraper. It's same thing.
Speaker 6: I'm shocked you guys scrape your tongue. I never heard of this.
Speaker 2: So I'll do it at the beginning, and then I keep extra long floss and I here and I go.
Speaker 4: I've lost so freaking much so though now because my teeth shifted.
Speaker 2: It's annoying. I'm not even asking for like a ribbon. I hate it every time.
Speaker 5: So, and you're a string floss, not a pick floss.
Speaker 2: I am a both. I picked floss during the day. I string floss in the morning and at night.
Speaker 3: This might be a time marches on, but I'm very irritated that my favorite floss got discontinued.
Speaker 4: Time March is on, but I'm anxious to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been looking for it everywhere because normally I could just find it any store they have it. It's gentle glide.
Speaker 5: Uh and isn't that something else tampon?
Speaker 4: Oh? Oh, like a lubricant? No, Well, I wouldn't google it like glide Easy Go, Amy thinks.
Speaker 3: Whatever. It was a green little container and it was so easy to find, and I couldn't find it anywhere. In fact, I even thought I was buying it, but then I tried it out and it was totally different on my teeth, and I'm like, what the heck? So then I google why I can't find it anywhere and they had to take it off the shelves and discontinue it because whatever it was making it awesome and gentle to glide with is toxic.
Speaker 4: Classic whoa there is playtext gentle glide.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the tampon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tampon, okay, but that's not what I was putting in my teeth.
Speaker 2: I've put tampon on my nose yeh, to stop the bleeding because I get chronic nose bleeds, and it's the only thing around.
Speaker 4: I've done it before.
Speaker 2: I think I saw Ben Kweller do it once at a concert at ACL and then I was like, oh, that works, so I'll do that as well.
Speaker 5: He played the whole show with it hanging out.
Speaker 4: You can't do you can't do one with wings that's pad you like take that to your face.
Speaker 3: I guess that was very different. I would imagine the the size of your nostril. You have to do like light.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure. Speaking of warriors, Ammy was a warrior.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we go out and we go to a city court down the road, and she has sixty minutes to make thirty one to three pointers. And I did not think she could do it. I don't think any of us, by listening to the tape, thought she would hit thirty one. I've remember when every two minutes same.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I was gonna make it.
Speaker 2: When she started firing them up though, and she wasn't making them at first that I saw warming up. But I knew she was on because her form was great. She was close every time. I was like, oh yeah. So then it was I can root against her because I said I'd give a thousand dollars a charity, or I can just have fun because she's going to hit it.
Speaker 4: And she did.
Speaker 2: She's chunking them and it was good. I mean, even the ones you missed were so close that it was just a matter of time. Had you not walked around and had fun toward the end, I think you would have met it even quicker, but I will say it was awesome.
Speaker 4: You crushed it.
Speaker 3: Thanks, so you crushed it awesome, it was fun. I'm very, very, very sore today.
Speaker 5: Oh you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think any of us would have been my arms. You are firing them off.
Speaker 3: Like just very like everything hurts from my shoulders down my arm, my four arm, my wrists.
Speaker 4: Well you also got hurt after.
Speaker 3: The game of pickup ball, Yeah, like my calf.
Speaker 2: So how's that though? That that can be injury, not soreness though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's definitely tender. And I am going out of town this weekend. I kne I was going to do a lot of walking around. So I was like, I gotta tap out because if I ruined my chance to walk around Charleston and like see things and have a good time because of a game of pickup ball, I'm going to be fast.
Speaker 4: Well, I think, yeah, a similar thought.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 2: I took off my necklace too. I didn't really play in the paint. I didn't want to tear anything.
Speaker 3: But it was fun to see you.
Speaker 4: Awesome. It was awesome, like you were having fun out there. Yes, I had a terrible headache the night before.
Speaker 2: I texted Mikeup'm like, I am kind of sick I because I didn't do as much work the night before on notes, and I'm like, I'm not feeling good, so I'll just do it all the morning.
Speaker 4: It's not a terrible headache. But it was fun.
Speaker 2: My goal was for nobody to tear anything. And Scuba was playing hard. And shout out to Scuba because he was playing hard as crap. But I was like, you know what, I'm not gonna get injured. Shout out Abby, who is way more of an athlete I think anybody gave her credit for as a basketball player.
Speaker 4: Abby, Let's go.
Speaker 2: It was awesome and Abby got no warm up time. Amy goes down, so Abby's off the bench, comes six man jumps in, well, fourth man, but six man, and.
Speaker 8: She made a shot too, like a nice shot on the side the.
Speaker 4: Making the shot, who cares?
Speaker 2: You can just tell if somebody is played by when they miss or when.
Speaker 4: They get the ball. It was awesome. Thanks, That was.
Speaker 2: That was a lot of fun. Amy crushed. I posted on my Instagram the picture of us holding the thing and the receipt for the donation. Oh nice, I tagged doing it just now, mister Bobby bones. So I did donate one thousand bucks to the orphanage where Amy's kids are from.
Speaker 4: What not a good job? I bet it. But when you lose a bet, you shouldn't get a good job. I'm not buying breakfast. I was Amy if she.
Speaker 5: Lost, just making sure. I didn't know if you wanted to buy breakfast too.
Speaker 2: That was one of those double rims though, like Mountain Pine put up and we had a court for a little bit. It's one so you don't steal them, it's but two. They last longer if you dunk on them. And it's harder because it's not as soft. So you you made when you made years, if you noticed there weren't a lot of ones that rimmed in.
Speaker 4: They were straight through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if it hits the rim, those double rims, they're harder to have any sort of softness to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's harder to have softens.
Speaker 5: You had a lot of numb bout nets, you know what I'm saying. I had a lot of none by nets. I have a lot of swirl and then what they said, oh no, not about not about.
Speaker 3: But also the kind that swirl the thing and pop out. I had a lot of.
Speaker 4: Those Rims Tough, Double Rims Tough. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: So you can look at the pictures that live streams up on our YouTube page. But I brought my personal crew out yesterday and there we're editing a cool video of.
Speaker 4: Like the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Oh you can show your kids like a highlight Yeah, yea yeah, okay, like when we do too much access that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, So it's like my own yes, like Eddie said, of what is that my own well highlight?
Speaker 4: Real?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Game tape er.
Speaker 4: You can call it whatever you want. You're the winner.
Speaker 3: No, I want to know what it's really called.
Speaker 4: Nothing the content I don't understand.
Speaker 3: It's a video when an athlete puts together like.
Speaker 2: A mixtape, except it's not. You're mixing up different stuff. I would just say it is a compilation of yesterday's victory.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're thinking about like when a high school kid tries to put a tape together for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like my my boyfriend's daughter. My boyfriend's daughter just put made her own video for colleges and she did this whole thing where it has all of her games and then it's out on the field. So you can like barely seeriously plays lacrosse, and like, but she did this that circle thing that follows her around for recruit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, highlight reel?
Speaker 3: Is that what it's called?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, a highlight reel to college?
Speaker 2: Sure, there's really not a specific name for someone that goes on a city court that's not trying to be recruited by a college to make money for charity. But it will be a compilation of your greatest hits from yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect. I love that it's going to be the greatest hits. Also, can we point out did everybody have a good time at an outing? Who cares what it was? We were all away from the studio together having an outing.
Speaker 4: I hear you had a good time because it was sports and I was gambling. Okay, yeah, that made it fun.
Speaker 3: Then maybe some of our quarterly activities.
Speaker 5: Go to the horse races.
Speaker 4: We do sports and.
Speaker 3: Have fun, like I'm willing to. It's not even compromise, like I will stretch like I can there. You know there's compromising and they're stretching like I want to meet y'all where you are, like I will stretch to you. I think bonding.
Speaker 2: We did at yesterday to did a little test on if a stream no not a'm bonding on if the streams would if the numbers would increase, like we streaming this live, but would the stream increase on a live promoted event.
Speaker 4: And it did. It was it.
Speaker 2: Was rather large considering we didn't promote it except for a day of in the eight o'clock hour on So yeah, I'm sure we will find based on the success of the stream, I'm sure we'll find more ways to do that. Okay, I'm just gonna be out a lot of money.
Speaker 5: I mean, the bonding was fun, you know, like Amy's kind of right. It was fun to be out of the studio altogether. I don't have to hang out with Ray really because he's in the glass room, you can. But like after the show, like he goes and does stuff, I do my stuff or whatever. I want to see each other. But we're out there in the basketball court the Scooba, I hear you. But here's the fun.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: We left at our time to start with eleven, so we left it like ten forty. Most of the time at that time of the day, we're still working doing countdowns, we're doing podcasts, we're doing whatever we're doing for us to make that happen in another day, for the most part, we'll have to do it like two or three pm. And no, nobody want to do that.
Speaker 3: No, But do you think we could find quarterly?
Speaker 2: Is probably we can do it more than that. As long as we're doing it quarterly. I think we can do events live streaming.
Speaker 3: You call it live streaming. I'll call it bonding.
Speaker 4: Fair enough both. You call it personal. I call it business. Perfect.
Speaker 3: All we have to do for you to get on board with stuff sometimes is turn personal things into business whole life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as long as it's efficient and we're building great okay, and so should we stream?
Speaker 3: If we did like a whole therapy bonding thing and streamed it.
Speaker 5: It's all no, no, what Well.
Speaker 2: People have to want to watch it, like people wanted to watch you shoot that. People don't want to watch us sit around.
Speaker 3: Okay, but not therapy is probably the wrong word. But you know how they bring somebody in sometimes to kind of work through problems.
Speaker 4: Have the show.
Speaker 3: If we know okay, you're not, let me workshop how to turn this into work and then I'll get it all right.
Speaker 4: Work how we can build our YouTube page. Emactly, I Will Morgan is asked to be freed by what time today? Eleven thirty? Oh, no, eleven am.
Speaker 9: There's an easter a hunt that's about to happen in our buildout.
Speaker 3: A lady in the bathroom just asking me if I was participating, and I knew nothing about it.
Speaker 4: I string that Wait, what is it?
Speaker 9: It's a company wide easter a hunt?
Speaker 4: But what do you win?
Speaker 6: Uh? Dollar gift cards of diamond places?
Speaker 9: What are the eggs?
Speaker 4: Gift cards? There's in the built so it's not out in the field.
Speaker 9: No, it's just out here.
Speaker 2: And anybody can do it, all of us can. There's gonna be a fist fight. Yeah, just so, but you have to be free by eleven.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's at eleven, but we can come back. It's just it's happening at eleven.
Speaker 4: So it's about ten.
Speaker 3: Now, well, I have a flight later.
Speaker 4: What time is your flight?
Speaker 3: Not until two, but that means I gotta get day report at one.
Speaker 4: We're familiar with the rules.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we know what the roles are.
Speaker 4: The American flights pre check.
Speaker 10: We got you.
Speaker 4: And he's like, then it took twenty minutes to drive there, and we're all you got.
Speaker 6: A park.
Speaker 2: Probably, but could you stream your search of it on the YouTube page?
Speaker 9: I definitely will.
Speaker 5: Are you not gonna hunt too much?
Speaker 6: Would you need to know where some of the eggs are that have the big prizes.
Speaker 9: I've already been scooping out.
Speaker 6: No, no, I've already looked in the eggs. What Amy?
Speaker 3: I said? I see stuff here? You and I will keep working.
Speaker 4: Yes, it'd be fun to do. I can't just go okay, used to trike time?
Speaker 5: So can we send Morgan and whatever she gets? We just all split?
Speaker 4: No, that's fine. She is a representative of the show. No. Is there a way, and I'm sure there is.
Speaker 2: It's not for today, but we need to figure out how to get a pov headcam. You know how My glasses have the meta and I can record now it's upload like a headcam stream.
Speaker 4: M Yeah, I'm sure to have to be a blue and that, Mike. Can I put that on your your plate to figure out in the next week or so?
Speaker 11: By like, buy one?
Speaker 4: No, dude's still one. I would imagine that would buy one. I would want to buy one.
Speaker 11: How much do you want to spend?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about this out here. But it's like, because if I bought one, i'd use it for me. But if it's like five hundred bucks or less.
Speaker 4: Here's the weird thing.
Speaker 2: The company doesn't want to spend money on anything, and I get it, But sometimes I can convince them for technology reasons.
Speaker 4: Like the prompter we have. They paid for that.
Speaker 2: Even though I was like I will buy it, They're like, no, no, no, we'll buy this one. But it was like four hundred bucks. So if we find a couple, let's just see if they exist and they're easy to use and charge and not break because we can play basketball with it stuff like that. But can we use it to stream on our channel?
Speaker 9: I mean, I know they have them with GoPros, I just don't know the streaming part. That's what I need to look.
Speaker 5: You can't stream on the meta glasses, No, not yet?
Speaker 4: Is that an L Wood shirt?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Awesome?
Speaker 5: Right my favorite? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Can't you just pop into our V mix like we used to do back in the day and then that goes into there which thing goes into.
Speaker 4: The stream them?
Speaker 2: I just heard somebody speak like mandarin, So I'm gonna let you guys talk about it afterwards.
Speaker 8: It could be done it's my base.
Speaker 2: But it wouldn't need to go through the computer seeds to go through YouTube, you have to go through.
Speaker 8: Anything we do is make an independent of what it is like yesterday. I mean, yeah, yeah, this is twenty twenty five. Do we can do a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Hey, cool man, let me know. Hey, when Amy gets in that report on.
Speaker 5: A lot of work.
Speaker 4: Amy is flying out today. She has by the way, congratulations, it was awesome Amy yesterday.
Speaker 3: Gradulations, Amy, thank you, thank you for the donation.
Speaker 5: You did the work girl.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's just cool.
Speaker 4: Amy is going on her birthday trips. You going to Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: And Ray Mundo, who is mister travel, gave you somebody to talk with.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 3: Let me pull up Raise Rex because.
Speaker 4: That's like your place right right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My wife loves it there.
Speaker 10: We do.
Speaker 12: We have friends there. I met a listener and we hang out with her and we go there. I've been showing a good time when I go to Charleston. I just wanted Amy kind of get that same good.
Speaker 3: Because I have never been. And so that's why this was my birthday President and part of I'm trying to just get outside my bubble more travel a little bit, so going to Charleston and Ray recommended, Uh, you know, I was like, where do we go? Like, where do we go eat? He sent me no food places, all bars. I mean, I guess the bars have food, but they're.
Speaker 12: Boy for sure, uptown social spots like that.
Speaker 3: He did send me a listener's phone number. He called her a quote connector because she knows everyone in town. And he said she's awesome. Okay, and then he told me to go. Well, he just mentioned it republic. He goes drink, take pics of the servers and bartenders because they're all from the TV show Southern Hospitality, and he said he knows a door guy there that can get me a VIP table.
Speaker 4: Joe Bradley, Is that why you go there? Because of that show?
Speaker 2: Like the original reason that you went to Charleston is because you saw it on that show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the show?
Speaker 12: Well, there's two of them. It's Southern Charm and now there's Southern Hospitality. That's why I didn't know it. Is it based off Southern Charm? Kind of different people? Is it a same company? One's about rich people that don't work, the other ones people that work at the bar. That are trying to get rich.
Speaker 4: But like, based off that show, are they anybody?
Speaker 3: Are there any crossovers?
Speaker 12: The manager lev is in so learn charm and then she's the manager at Southern Hospital, so they're connected the shows.
Speaker 4: What you get drunk man? One thing to sound get the whole time.
Speaker 3: I know I don't. I can't hang like Ray, but I'm telling.
Speaker 4: You keep that King Street to a couple hours. It could be trouble.
Speaker 3: What is that in the shopping place?
Speaker 4: That's where all the bars are. There's also shops.
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean Ray was telling he was out there for like twenty minutes going over there, and I was like, Ray, she's only going to be there forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: He's like no, but you got to go here at all that in forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: Less than forty eight hours.
Speaker 5: And don't get a twisted. Amy says like, I can't hang like Ray. Ray goes to bed like a four.
Speaker 2: Don't get a twisted too. She got to be the airport hour early for a flight. Okay, you guys don't know how it works. Yeah, what the FA recommends.
Speaker 3: Well, I did have to bring my passport because my license is expired and I don't have my real ID yet, so I got nervous that they weren't gonna let me fly, and so I got my passport with me, so I should be good.
Speaker 2: My prediction, my prediction is the real idea gets punted again. I've heard that from nothing.
Speaker 5: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: My prediction is no, enough people are going to have it, which is going to mean if they also don't have a passport, and they don't have it, they can't fly.
Speaker 4: You think airlines are going to go for that? No chance?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, probably not. But I also have a question about my ID being expired and taking my passport. So if we do go to want to raise bars, do I have to show my passport to order a drink?
Speaker 2: I would think so, yeah, not to order a drink to get in, because once you're in in most places, right, I guess it depends on how they do how they do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, find some bars, but at a restaurant, if my servers like I need to see your idea, I don't have to be like, here's my passport, yes.
Speaker 4: And here all the stamps of the places that I've been, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's all my stamps are Haiti Haiti.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got a message from somebody that said they went thirty minutes out of town Eddy and got their passport in like four days.
Speaker 4: I know you wait until July.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know.
Speaker 5: I got a message too that said where exactly.
Speaker 2: I would do it now in case that real idea crap does happen, because you don't have that either, right, So I do your passport.
Speaker 5: And according to Morgan, it takes like, what how many weeks we're going to get your real ID?
Speaker 9: Even get over six weeks for my real lif I need to come in.
Speaker 4: There's no chance it ends up being when they say it's going to be.
Speaker 5: But if they keep punting though, like when does it actually like turn over?
Speaker 9: It has been in the works for like five years already.
Speaker 2: COVID set it back though to be fair, it was before COVID, and I don't know, dude, I just don't hope they do. I don't think airlines are you know how much business they're gonna lose? Yeah, ton for people that don't have passports and also people that didn't get there. And if I hadn't had a passport for like work stuff that had to get I've used it a bunch since then. I don't have a real idea, I would be able to go anywhere. All right, there's that I do want to go to the interview now with Ryan Kugler. It was super cool because Ryan Kugler is top of his game right now. He wrote Black Panther and directed it. He wrote Creed and directed it, directed All the Creeds too after that, and then wrote the movie Centers and directed it, which is out today, which I watched and it was good. And Michael B. Jordan's in it and he plays twins. So let's play the interview now that we had with Ryan Kugler.
Speaker 4: There would go on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 10: Now, Ryan Kugler, Hey.
Speaker 2: Ryan, First I saw the movie, I want to ask this very primitive horror movie question first, because I like the movie a lot. I don't like horror movies. I've always avoided horror movies because I get nightmares as a kid. I tried to read Twilight, got nightmares, so I stopped long time ago, right like, I'm not even playing like I get nightmares for everything. So when it said horror, I was like, oh man, I don't know if I can do this. But so my very primitive movie question is as a writer and director. I don't feel like this is the horror I think from like the eighties and the nineties, Like how have horror movies changed since then?
Speaker 4: Because this didn't feel like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, Luke, horror is a genre you know, like and you you were you were a music collegist yourself, bro, and you know that genres kind of shifting and change and and and it's really uh, you know, it's really like a set of expectations that's placed.
Speaker 10: On on on uh, you know, on a work of art. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: Because our movie has vampires any it gets it gets uh violin and scary as certain parts of it.
Speaker 10: You know, we can call it. We can call it a horror movie, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: But but it also has a lot of other things and it will you know, like it's got a lot of music, and it's got it's got romance, it's got uh you know, it's got action, it's got it's got uh, you know, you know, all.
Speaker 10: Of these other things.
Speaker 13: But I think that once once you once you stick a vampire and something, you know what I'm saying, like, like, uh, you know, it's it's gonna get the horror. It's gonna get the horror claims. But you know, the eighties and nineties, man, a lot of those horror movies are just completely like unapologetic.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 13: You know your slash or movie, your you know your your your Nightmare on Elm Street, you know your Carpenter films, your West Craven films. You know this isn't that, though it was inspired by that, you know. But but I guess that's the best way to describing it. I mean, it's the same way that like rock music has changed, or or blues music has changed. A blues song in twenty twenty five, it's not gonna sound like a blue song sounded in nineteen sixty five. You know what I'm saying, It's gonna have elements of other other genres, you know, you know, meld it into it, whether it's the mixing style or the use of all a tune or or distortion or any of those things. Right, you know, horror in genres in filmmaking is no different.
Speaker 4: Another clueless question. Now, back in the day, he's towards Patty Duke Show on Nick at Knight because it was on black and white, and you know, they look like to talk at the time, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, how do they get twins to do that? And that was way back in the day, and so this you're you got twins. You got Michael B. Jordan playing a set of twins. Now, is there a like a stand in that kind of looks like him from the back doing any of that?
Speaker 4: Or is it all? Is it all digital?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 13: No, it's actually like it's actually simpler than that.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 13: It's usually all Mike, you know, like like like I would say ninety to ninety five percent of shots. You know, we just shot it twice, you know, with Mike playing both roles. Now when he's playing, when he's acting, we have a twin double, a guy named Percy Bill who's an actor, same build as Mike's, same complexion, who Mike acts across. So Mike's looking at at uh, the other character. He has somebody there who can give him his lines back, you know. But then we use a piece of equipment called a techno doggy where we where we where. We then shoot the scene another time with all of the camera movements and all of that. Mike goes and switches places with party and now he can be on camera as the other twin and we and we use we used we use a stitching technology to put those put both shots together. There are some shots where where Mike's performance is projected onto onto party's body, you know. You know that might be a scene where where that you know, where the twins are fighting each other, or a scene where you're looking at maybe the back of the back of Mike's head. But those shots are are are few and far in between in the movie.
Speaker 4: Do you ever see one where you see a little too much of not Mike's face and.
Speaker 2: You're like, man, he nailed it, but we gotta, like, we gotta crop the shot more because we're seeing the other guys.
Speaker 13: It happens sometimes, but but usually we use the halo rig that that would that Mike would It was filmed Mike from basically every angle with the with the digital camera was the technology that was developed for this movie. And then in those cases we would we would then project Mike's performance, you know, onto onto onto party's body.
Speaker 4: The music was spectacular. How did you find Miles, because I mean that that dude sounds like an old man in a in a young kid's body.
Speaker 10: That's a great question. Man. We did a global search.
Speaker 13: With our our casting director, Francine Masley, we knew the movie would only work if we found the right kid to play this role, a role of a musician who's so amazing that they can kind of like, you know, you know, uh rip a hole in space and time, you know, and uh some vampires you know, to come and get him. Uh and and you know, we looked all over, man. We looked for actors who could sing. We looked for for singers who can act, just a big, massive search, and we found him in uh in Brooklyn, New York.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: He he's a musician.
Speaker 13: It's his first time acting in a in a in a feature film, and he's grew up in the church in a big gospel family. His mom is a singer, his grandfather is a singer. And he had this you know, he's kind of a child prodigy musically, and he was he was touring with the with the artist her on an international tour when we got ahold of him. Man, and he did the audition. He heard that voice and he had to actually teach himself how to play the guitar for the movie because he's a he's a pianist.
Speaker 10: But but yeah, man, we were.
Speaker 13: I'm so thankful we found him Man's he gave an incredible performance.
Speaker 4: The Genesis of Sinners.
Speaker 2: Are you just sitting down at a laptop going, man, I got this idea, And then where do you start when writing it?
Speaker 4: Like, what's the first line you write?
Speaker 13: I usually started with with with the outline, but for this one, because we had to find his kid, I have to I have to describe the character of Sammy. And I came up with this this concept of you know, if you if you keep dancing with the devil, one day, he's going to follow you home because I know you have a preacher father who was kind of warning him against this, this this lifestyle of the you know, of the blues musician. But but you know, look, I had an uncle, uh my uncle James, who was from Mississippi, born and raised there and then moved to Oakland and married my grandmother's little sister. He was like the oldest male member of my family for a long time. And I love my uncle. And all he did was listen to blues music.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 13: He passed away in twenty fifteen, and I'll find myself listening to those to those albums just to just to Uh, to think of him, you know what I mean, as a kind of a morning ritual and uh, and that's kind of where the idea for this movie came from.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about spoilers?
Speaker 2: And I asked that because I wasn't going to mention vampires because it wasn't in when I read the description of the movie. You mentioned vampires, but to the show, and I was explained to them why I liked it. I never said that word because I didn't know if that was a spoiler. So specifically, I guess we can say vampires and then two about okay, hey everybody vampires.
Speaker 4: Okay, now we know, and then you got to protect against spoilers. Just the spoiler culture. How would you define it now?
Speaker 10: I mean, it's intense, man, It's so intense.
Speaker 13: Everybody is very used to instant gratification with with I think it's I think it's like a smartphone fon culture, to be honest with you, because everything has a Yelp review. You got so many choices that that that everybody wants to know what something is before they before they buy it or before they give it its time.
Speaker 10: So I think that that causes.
Speaker 13: A real hunger for spoilers, and it causes a hunger for knowing what everything is before you experience it, which I really think is kind of harming the theatrical experience and the viewing experience. Man, I remember a time when you know, uh, you just you might have seen the trailer before you watch something, you know what I'm saying. But now you got you got trailers, you got reaction videos, you got people breaking it down, you got a thousand critics, you know, you got Rotten tomatoes, you got an audience score.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 13: So so I think, you know, that's not just movies. I think that's everything. You know, before you buy a T shirt, you want to read the reviews on what happened with you know what, what's the t shirt?
Speaker 10: Feel like? What happens when you watch?
Speaker 13: You know, like like it's just the it's just the It's a product of the information age. Uh, And it's something that you know, you know, you have to deal with as a creative, you know, but I do. I did make this movie for the theatrical experience. I wanted it to be experienced in the theater with strangers not knowing what's gonna happen next. So I've been really cognizant of how we talk about it. But it's definitely okay to say this. Vampires and people get bit and neck. It's crazy, you know, amongst other things.
Speaker 4: Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan a big part of your history of success, Black Panther, Creed and then now centers.
Speaker 4: What is he like as a worker as an actor? What does he like?
Speaker 13: I mean, he's incredible, man, He's among amongst the top percentile. Right, It's very few movie stars like him who can open a movie the way that he that he has done in the Passion and the way we hope and he will for But but what's so special about Mike is, you know, he grew up on a film set.
Speaker 10: You know, he grew up he.
Speaker 13: Started as a child actor acting on HBO shows like The Wire and also was in Friday Night Lights and Parenthood. You know, so so people kind of grew up watching him in their homes.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 13: And then I was fortunate enough to work with him on Fruitville Station when he made the transition to being a lead actor. You know, he had been in a couple of movies before that, you know, your Chronicles and and your Red Tails.
Speaker 10: But but but you know, for.
Speaker 13: Me, it was the first time, uh working with him when he was at the star of the movie. And he's maintained his kindness, his humility and his work ethic, man like, like you know, he has the same he's the same way as he was when he was when he was a young man before he was just this global superstar. And that's and that's so rare, bro, because the lifestyle of being a star kind of it can eat away at your spirit, you know, it can eat away at your kindness, It can make you not not willing to engage with with with with the average part. But he has none of that. Man, He's still is a family oriented guy. He walks on set, he knows everybody's name from the assistance all the way up to the producer and treats everybody the same, you know. And I'll work with him, bro, as long as as long as I can.
Speaker 10: You know, for that.
Speaker 2: Fact, whenever he shows up for Cred one and the first time he takes a shirt off, or you're like, dang, you didn't have to go that hard.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he goes hard, Bro. Like whatever, whatever whatever direction he's going in, he's gonna go.
Speaker 10: He's gonna go.
Speaker 13: You know, He's kind of like an athlete that way, man, or a musician, you know what I mean. Like, you know, you hear these stories about a guy like like Kark Hammett who plays uh, you know, guitar from Metallica and and and and kills you know, you know it kills it. You know, sells millions of records, but still wants to go back and get training on how to play the guitar better.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean.
Speaker 13: You hear these stories about these kind of people. Mic is like that, you know, he went to a to almost like an acting boot camp.
Speaker 10: Uh before you before you you.
Speaker 13: Know, you know, played in this role, know, working with the dialect coach in a body control coach, but also working with some twin consultants that that that that I found for him, you know, in times of getting him into the psychology of what it's like to be an identical twin to help develop these performances.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 13: But but he has an incredible work ethic, and I think that's what people that's why people show up to the movies to see what he does.
Speaker 2: So I want to talk about the music for a second, and being someone who grew up loving blues. Yeah, Alabama Mississippi muscle shows like all of that area, right, not from Arkansas, So all of that kind of trickled in, but it was always Arkansas.
Speaker 13: I gets a shout out in the movie right from Little Rock a couple of times.
Speaker 4: A couple of times. Yeah, because they were like going to the Little Rock to do their thing. Uh.
Speaker 2: So the question for me is, like Robert Johnson apparently sold a soul to the devil, you know, to be to be so good like the Crossroads, Like how much did that come into your mind when? Because that's what I thought of, especially when it first starts playing, because he's so good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, big time bro, one hundred percent. And what was crazier?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 13: There's there's two books man, that that we that we studied for this, you know, and and I bought these books for everybody the crew the cash. One is called Blues People by Leroy Jones who woul Letter changed his name to a Mary Baraka. And another book is called Deep Blues by Robert Palmer. And and it was in that book, uh you know, a deep dove study on the on the on the on the anthropology of adults of blues. It was in that book that I discovered that Robert Johnson wasn't the first person to go around saying that that he saw the soul to become a good guitar player. It was actually a guy named Tommy Johnson who was the first person on record to say that. It was a little bit before Robert Johnson, you know. And he he and it was it was kind of like a marketing thing for him, you know. He would go around with a rabbit's foot and and and and uh and developed this like kind of mystical r around himself, you know, to kind of sell himself.
Speaker 10: And also discovered.
Speaker 13: That that that that story uh had had prevalence in in West African folklore, you know. And it was a deity named Papa Legbat who all times stories about him would be misinterpreted as being stories about the Christian devil, you know that. But that was kind of who you would make a deal with like that for artistic promise, you know, and that would come out of price. And you know, for me, you know, you know, once reading that story and doing a deep dive into it, I got obsessed with the concept of the false Tian deal, you know what I'm saying that, and I wanted to think about if for the concept, for every character, what is the deal that they make with themselves and with others? You know, you know in this circumstance of Chrstal, Mississippi nineteen thirty two, you know just how much the odds were pitted against some of these people. You know, what would they be willing to give up? You know, for escape? And through that, you know that was there came the concept of the vampire and what you had to offer them, you know, so it made me really excited to make this movie even more.
Speaker 4: All Right, Two final questions.
Speaker 2: This one is different personalities take different management types. As you're on set directing, are you having to manage all the personality is different based on what actually it's what motivates or inspires or doesn't hurt their feelings?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, bro, You're managing a lot of artists, a lot of professionals. It's a lot of unions present different unions. You know what I'm saying, like, you gotta respect it all man. I learned fast man on my first my first movie. You know that everybody has everybody responds to different styles of management, man, different styles of collaboration. You know, some people have no egos some people haveinormous ones. Uh, everybody works with their heart, you know. Everybody is working long hours. Man, people are missing their families, you know what I'm saying. So you have to be cognizant of all these things. And for me as a filmmaker, I have to get to know the people that I'm working with for me that for me to have success, you know what I mean. I can't really work with strangers.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 13: If I'm working with somebody for the first time, you know, I'll spend an hour or two hours just just just getting to know, like how they tick. You know what I'm saying, what's important to them? You know what I'm saying, What's going on in their life? Do they have children? You know what I'm saying. Are they in a long distance relationship? You know, all these things that are are good to good to know and have perspective on them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 13: I came up playing football first, bro, I was my first love. And I remember the coaches that would really really that made me feel good about myself.
Speaker 10: And I remember the cultures that made me feel like you know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 13: And I gave better performances to the ones that made me feel good about myself. Man, you know what I'm saying. We had better records as teams, so I always wanted to be the former, you know what I'm saying. When I'm dealing with my cash and my crew.
Speaker 4: Are you nervous? Are you like it's it's about to hear? Do you get nervous?
Speaker 13: I'm always nervous, Bro, I'm nervous talking. I'm nervous talking to Bobby Bones right now. Man, you know what I'm saying. But I'm gonna let it ride, you know, and hopefully people show up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Man, I really appreciate you having me, giving me an opportunity to, uh to share this movie.
Speaker 10: But I love this movie. I love music, you know.
Speaker 13: I love Louis Ronson, who did the music for this Who's doing the music for all of my films? Man, And and this is this is this movie is a product of that of that love.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 13: It's a home cooked mew and it's for everybody. And I hope everybody has a chance to go out and see it perfectly in Imax. It'll only be in Imax for two weeks, you know. And uh, but yeah, man, folks, folks go out and enjoy.
Speaker 4: Man, what's really cool. Not to hold you anymore, but you talk about the music. It's so music intensive.
Speaker 2: I love and I don't want to spoil anything whenever it goes generationally through a certain I thought that was such a great idea, hard to pull off, but you did. But but that's a hard thing. That's that's a hard thing to manage. But it was awesome, like so uh, not that you care what I think, but yeah, it was.
Speaker 10: I mean, come on, man, Bones, bro.
Speaker 2: Ryan, appreciate the time. Thank you so much. I hope you crush it with this like you have everything else. I don't know, man, it was great, and everybody go check out Warner Brothers new picture, new movie Centers. I loved it, Ryan Coogler, I guess thank you Ryan, see a Boddy, thank.
Speaker 4: You so much.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 4: All Right, we'll take a break and we'll come back.
Speaker 5: Show Bobby Bones.
Speaker 4: Let's play some voicemails. Ray give me voicemail number one.
Speaker 14: I have a son who's the size eleven. He's currently serving in the Army National Guard. I'm so proud of him. He just barely got done with high school and now he's done boot camp and now he's done his tech school. I go get him in May, and I would love for him to win some of your shoes. So put me on team Lunchbox. I'm ready to go for my son, who's the size of eleven. Let's go, baby.
Speaker 5: I'm confused on the team Lunchbox thing if he wants Lunchbox to play for him.
Speaker 2: But if I know who he's picking, I'd pick a game like I would pick like conjugating verbs.
Speaker 5: Don't know what that means exactly. I'm not gonna win it.
Speaker 6: You know what that means.
Speaker 4: We can get them Entrey game.
Speaker 2: We'll get wrong for that was a guy, right, We'll get tell mey on next week, all right, and we'll let him play a game for some shoes.
Speaker 4: I have a couple pair up here from home. Still give me the next one.
Speaker 7: Kristen Ray Morning Show just wanted to give a shout out to Lunchbox. I just listened to the episode where you interviewed the Challenge cast members and you didn't awesome job. You asked some great questions things I've always been curious about, so I figure you deserved the shout out. Great job, Lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Love the show people that watched the challenge loved it, like, you did a great job. Other people were confused because it was Mayhem and they didn't know who anybody was. But the people that knew what they were listening to thought you did a great job because you knew what you were talking about.
Speaker 6: Awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a win.
Speaker 6: It was so fun. I still think about it and I'm just like, man, that was awesome. And that's what I thought about when people don't listen to it, like they don't know what the challenge is. So when they talk, am I supposed to say, hey, this is PAULI talking.
Speaker 2: No, because that's definitely an insider interview. Okay, so you're doing it peop from the challenge. People probably aren't going to stick around and listen to all that if they don't love the challenge. But the purpose was to suit to feed Challenge fans. Yeah, so I think it did its case.
Speaker 4: No, you did. It was perfect.
Speaker 2: It was Mayhem, but it was perfect because you understood the mayhem if you were a fan of the challenge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I want them to come back on.
Speaker 4: Eddie was like editing it. At some point I was like, why are you editing that?
Speaker 2: He goes, Oh, I won't say why, but apparently there was some some sponsored things.
Speaker 5: Oh, a couple of questions in there to take out.
Speaker 4: Really yeah.
Speaker 5: About it.
Speaker 2: It's not even to talk about. But yeah, we have to kind of guard rail it a little bit.
Speaker 8: It's two things, and then we had to take out I'll tell you later it makes sense.
Speaker 4: But that's also why we would never do something like that live, because Mayhem. Because Mayhem, right, so great job. Give me the next one, Ray.
Speaker 15: I have a Morning Corny after Dark. Make sure you don't accidentally play this during the morning show, because this is definitely after dark and it's a little more hardcore than amy so called after Dark Kindergarten.
Speaker 5: Are we ready for this?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I don't know what the joke is. All I saw was the voice. Now she said the words hardcore. Yeah, is that a different version morning corny hardcore? There's after dark and then there's hardcore. Okay, let's hear morning corny hardcore.
Speaker 15: Anyway, I did the Avon lady walk funny because her lipsticked.
Speaker 4: Oh oh that's disgusting.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, I didn't really hear wellybe, you didn't hear it.
Speaker 4: That's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Selective hearing or what.
Speaker 5: Maybe not good move on, don't even need to hear it again, good move on that was out to dark.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox is upset because he thinks we're making up punishments that he either didn't sign up for it didn't deserve. Elaborate Yeah, I don't know where this t shirt came in, Like I don't remember this shirt right here that says ask me about Cephalis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I understand the hat and the the hanging things, but nuts, Yeah, I don't know where the shirt.
Speaker 2: Like, you don't remember, walk me through it in your head, walk me through what you lost when you lost it.
Speaker 6: I lost the game for the truck thing that was out of nowhere, Like we've made up this punishment.
Speaker 4: We spun the wheel, But that's that's all not true. You play, you know, That's.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying. Like we came up with the punishment at the and we spun it and made it okay, and then I had a double or nothing where I had to wear a hat. But all of a sudden, now I'm being told that I'm had to wear a shirt and I don't I'm like, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: So Lunchbox does not remember us adding the shirt. So we did some investigating because my gosh, been wrong before.
Speaker 4: Clip one.
Speaker 2: This is from the first game on Thursday. Now, he played a game that he wanted to play and was like, I'll make a wager. If I win, I win the prize, but if I lose, I'll spin the wheel to take the punishment. You guys remember that, yes, yes, And that was a long time ago.
Speaker 4: And we waited like a month to make him service punishment, and then I tried to let him out of it, and you guys did not agree.
Speaker 2: We added some free spaces to the will, which we never do. He did not hit a free space. He landed on truck nuts, So that one. You remember that right now, I remember that vividly. Okay, So then it's will. Let you try to remove the truck nuts. But if you lose, then you have to add something, and it was the hat.
Speaker 4: So here's a clip, the first clip.
Speaker 2: If he is to win this game, then I'm about to give him he can no longer where are.
Speaker 4: The truck Yes, but if he is to lose the game.
Speaker 2: He also has to wear this hat that we were sent to ask me about syphilis. Would you like to play two TV characters one actor? You could also do the game the celeb Voice Actor game.
Speaker 6: Give me that one. Wait which one the two actors?
Speaker 4: Okay, there you go. And he lost.
Speaker 2: So at this point he's got truck nuts and a syphalis hat. Now give me clip three. So I said, okay, you can play one more game, risk not doing anything. But if you lose, we have a shirt that says ask me about syphilis that he has to wear every day.
Speaker 4: Now you have two games here. You have the Celebrity Voice Actor game or you have the Country Music Lyrics game.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm ready to play.
Speaker 4: Look about me.
Speaker 6: I'm not scared.
Speaker 4: Which game?
Speaker 6: Give me the Country Music Lyrics came.
Speaker 4: And did you win?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I think I blocked out, Oh the whole game. It I don't remember that. That's why I think I blocked out.
Speaker 4: Like trauma or drunk trauma. Yeah. So, now though you do understand, I'll tell you what. I'll make you a deal.
Speaker 5: Oh good, that's another deal.
Speaker 6: My gosh.
Speaker 4: No, no, no more deals on games. But on Monday, because we'll walk into this on Monday, you wear the truck nuts, we'll do the ceremonial truck nutting and we'll do the syphilis hat and then on starting Tuesday, you wear the shirt with the nuts and the hat we'll give you one day. I'm not wearing the shirt. I'm so generous.
Speaker 5: Are you ready to answer questions talks about syphilis?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 4: Do you have syphilis?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Why are you wearing that hat?
Speaker 6: My buddy Eddie gave you syphilis. He has it and here's his number. You can wish him well.
Speaker 4: Gave me Syphiliss.
Speaker 5: That's messed up, man.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have in a few minutes of caller coming on because Raymundo asked me if I could get them tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies playoff game, which I don't have any connections there, and I said, no, I can't, and so then a listener hit them up and said, hey, I have tickets, and so You're like, dang, this is really cool.
Speaker 4: Let's just hooking it up right, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 12: And it was just a DM on my Instagram and I'm like yeah. And then some of the stuff she was saying, she goes she had flour seats.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: That's cool food and drinks. So it's part of where the seats. Are you get to go it like in the back.
Speaker 12: Yeah, free food, free drinks at the Sissies Lounge that ninety minutes before tip. It includes pregame access to the tunnel that's right next to the players, all your.
Speaker 4: Hands down, they slap it when they come through.
Speaker 12: And you also have the opportunity it's not guaranteed for autographing photo likely with the Memphis Grizzlies players because you're right there next to the tunnel.
Speaker 4: That's a very generally. So one, is it a scam?
Speaker 2: Probably not, because if you can go to their pages see if they're real person. But two, yeah, how do you get them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I'm kind of confused by the whole thing because the way we presented on the show, it was Bones is gonna see if he got any of these connects. Let's go to this game, you know. And then she hits me up and she's like, I got tickets. Cool, you got tickets? So how do I get the tickets?
Speaker 4: I'm like, are they free?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 4: You don't know if she's selling? Yeah, I have no idea. Okay, she just got on the phone, true, says her.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, can you put her up yep. Hannah Hey, Hannah, it's Bobby Balntaria.
Speaker 1: Bobby, I'm good.
Speaker 4: How are you really good?
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling, thank you for listening. And so we're talking about Sure, Raymonde was like, hey, can you give me tickets? And I don't have any tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies, nor do I know anybody.
Speaker 4: However, do you have season tickets? Is that what this says?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We do?
Speaker 4: And do you live in Memphis?
Speaker 2: I do, okay, And so Ray's confused because he doesn't really know what do you what do you not know? Ray?
Speaker 4: Well, what she had put is that it's row four.
Speaker 12: So I mean when Lebron in one of these pictures is shooting a free throw, your eye level with Lebron? Okay, And so those are amazing seats, and it's a playoff game with the Memphis Grizzlies.
Speaker 4: So I'm just confused. It was like is it free or.
Speaker 3: Like how much? Obviously she could make a lot of money off these tickets.
Speaker 2: Great point, Hannah. So when you reach out to Ray, what was your Are you trying to sell them to them or give them to them?
Speaker 1: Well? I was gonna sell.
Speaker 2: Them, and I think, don't change. We're not We're not trying to convince you to change in any way whatsoever. How much were you wanting Raymundo to pay for them?
Speaker 1: They we were going to give them to them for like eight hundred total parking pass, a.
Speaker 3: Parking pass, two tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would before you wouldn't be able to buy those tickets for eight hundred with a parking pass if you were to buy them on the on the market.
Speaker 4: Ray, I don't think Memphis, man, Yeah, that's a problem.
Speaker 6: They were going to Memphis.
Speaker 3: Well, how much did y'all think they were going to be free?
Speaker 6: Unite and nine.
Speaker 4: You think somebody's gonna give you free tickets in the fourth throw and they can sell them for.
Speaker 6: When they're a Superman of the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they I wouldn't wait.
Speaker 3: It's like they're gonna be hanging out with you. They're trying to wait.
Speaker 4: Were you getting money?
Speaker 6: I mean, if we were getting floor seats, I'm in No.
Speaker 4: I thought so.
Speaker 12: He was never part of it, right, I mean if it was two tickets, I would, yes, I would need to find a friend.
Speaker 4: Did I ask Lunch about it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I was acting like he was the one going with you.
Speaker 12: I don't know where he came with that, But honestly, my wife is working, so it may be just me so, but yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know four hundred bucks each.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that sounds like a fun time for.
Speaker 4: The playing game for fourth row?
Speaker 3: Do it and y'all have a sports podcast write it off?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I never really came into this saying that I was going to pay for it.
Speaker 12: Honestly, I did it as a bit because I was like, bones, dude, hook up of this tickets.
Speaker 2: Man, I hear you, and I understand everything you're saying. However, I'm saying the situation has now presented itself in a different way than you expected, so you can capitalize off of it and spend some money or not. But it isn't the way you wanted it, but it is still pretty advantageous if you were to go, I'm gonna looking at some seats here. It's turned into an expensive bit section. Where are your seats, Hannah? Can you tell me, like, do you know the section or anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's row four. I think the section's like three. I don't know. My husband does all this. So if you were to buy, but there is a wrinkle here, let's go an the tickets sold. But if they win tonight, we play, okay, see in the series, and we'll have tickets.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the tickets to the playing game tonight have sold, which I would have sold them to because it's tonight.
Speaker 1: Because like, unfortunately I live too far away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if they do go and they'll be the eight seed. If they win, they'll go play the one seed, which is Oklahoma City. They'll play three of those games in Memphis if it goes that far, but they'll be So you're not going to go to the games, Hannah, Well, we do want to go.
Speaker 1: We have two sets, we have two pairs, so we've got tickets in the one oh five's too.
Speaker 6: How rich are you?
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool? Yeah, she's all.
Speaker 6: And that's you know, you're absolutely rich if you have two different season tickets and you sell them on the floor. I mean, what do you do for a lie?
Speaker 1: We lucked into this.
Speaker 4: Okay, why are you angry at her?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 4: She literally offered.
Speaker 6: Friday, I know, I agree, no hold on.
Speaker 2: So, Hannah, thank you for offering. Obviously, I guess we didn't get back fast enough, but I appreciate you reaching out to Ray. If you decide that you're not going to go to one of the games. If they do, they're playing Dallas tonight. Yeah, if they do beat Dallas, pop over a message to Ray Mundo and we'll go from there, because they'll start in okay.
Speaker 1: See right, they'll two games, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two games, and then they'll go back at seven to okay see six and seven, right, six and seven, one two, six and seven. So there'll be three chances, Ray, at least two chances for you to have a game.
Speaker 12: Is that is that amount? We're still sticking to that eight hundred where it would be.
Speaker 4: Just let her let her play it by ear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll let you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wants the locker into that price.
Speaker 1: They're going to play the Thunder if we win, And Bobby, I know you like the Thunder now, so yeah, I have it.
Speaker 4: But I have a hook up with a Thunder of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got Jalen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a hook up. I got I got GM and players. I'm good over there on that. But I appreciate that. Thank you very much, and thank you for listening and reaching out like that's fun and it was very nice of you to offer.
Speaker 4: What did you sell them for?
Speaker 1: We sold them for I think there were like four fifty a seat.
Speaker 2: So you sold them for like nine hundred bucks. Yeah, so ready you got one hundred dollars discount.
Speaker 4: There is that like a massive profit.
Speaker 12: So you guys just were banking on them to make the playoffs and that's how you're able to make some money.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, I mean most of our money hasn't made back by now throughout the season, so that's been fun.
Speaker 4: Okay, how many games have you gone to?
Speaker 1: We've probably gone to maybe ten.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a significant amount of games to actually go to. So you bought season tickets and then you try to sell the ones to the games you're not going to.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, dang, you give your friends.
Speaker 4: Why do you have two sets?
Speaker 1: Well, we kind of went into this thing with top Shot. Do you know what that is? The n FT thing?
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh, they especially Lunchbox, bought a bunch.
Speaker 6: Of ye I bought a bunch of those, so well it.
Speaker 1: Goes we were in it with them, and then they stopped doing top Shot, and then our friends was owning them with top Shots, so then he got to keep them. But then we helped just be a partner with him.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't understand know what top shot is. But how do you get season tickets with top Shot?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a great question, she said, and that they sort of left into it.
Speaker 4: Where did you grow up, Hannah?
Speaker 1: I actually grew up in Dallas, which is funny because they're playing the MAVs and I used to be a mass fan.
Speaker 5: Oh not anymore.
Speaker 4: You traded your legions anymore? Would you have Would you have left the MAVs though, if Luca was still there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would you have left the MAVs when Luca left? Because you would have been so disgusted.
Speaker 1: If I still lived in Dallas. I mean, I don't know. I was a Dirk fan, so I wasn't really in it for Luca.
Speaker 5: I felt that Dirk was awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dirk was awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Hannah, thank you. Reach out to Ray if they win. I do not think they're going to thank you.
Speaker 4: Hannah.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. I heard you say that we suck yesterday on twenty five Whistles.
Speaker 4: It's not that you suck, it's that you're like thirteen and seven or whatever.
Speaker 1: Now I tell my sister, you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and Jaws like he shoots with his finger guns and it's like, Okay, we can't do that. Then those grenades, Like eventually he's just gonna do a whole nuclear but.
Speaker 1: I know he's just gonna throw a middle finger every now and then.
Speaker 2: Crazy Hannah. Thank you for pauling, and hopefully we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, you're welcome.
Speaker 4: Go hogs, Go Hogs.
Speaker 5: I agree, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Bye. I'm going to watch. I mean going to watch.
Speaker 2: I'm not going for the purpose of just watching, but I'm flying to Favulle today. I'm gonna make the second game they're doing it. They're playing a doubleheader today in softball, oh, because they don't play on Sunday because of Easter, thank you, and so they play two today. They play at two, which you can't get there for the time for that one, but they play again at like five. So I'll be there for that one and then we'll go tomorrow. We'll go to church on Sunday in Oklahoma, and then we'll come back. So that's what we're gonna go.
Speaker 5: Do, is the weekend?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the field. That's the field that we Yeah, when you hit a cars window, yeah, and then we were talking about that whistling if we won nothing to see.
Speaker 2: Okay, mm hmm. I'll do one more thing and then we'll break it off. I'm gonna do the cult leaders thing that we have here. How many cult leaders can you name?
Speaker 5: Abe man ohs of this stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, David Koresh.
Speaker 2: I have the top five cult leaders and their crimes. If you're really good at culting, it usually ends bad, but you get famous.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, Gwen Chamblain, Oh, that's a risky one.
Speaker 6: Why what does she do?
Speaker 4: She died? She's one of the plane Christ the church.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, I don't know if it's a cult.
Speaker 2: Man, it felt very cultish, like lose weight. That's only way you can go meet Jesus and have is if you lose enough weight.
Speaker 5: And I think they're still there's still in operation.
Speaker 3: My mom did that the way down workshop.
Speaker 2: I have a it's very culty, very very personal story now about that that I can not tell you guys on the air right now, but I can tell you off the air.
Speaker 3: She's alive. No, no, just kidding, MPR.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, she didn't make the top five list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess she's I mean, but I mean there's this whole documentary about it. Let's see who are some other I don't know?
Speaker 4: David David Koresh is a big one, Eddie. Have any Jim Jones that did make the list of it?
Speaker 5: So to crush? And then I can't Why can't I think of his name? Helter Skelter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he made the list of Charles mans. So I'll walk you through five, four, three two one. At five, I didn't know his name, but it's Shoko Asahara and his cult name was iom sharing Q. I'm sure I'm not saying that right, but I tried. In nineteen ninety five, his followers were released deadly Sarah Gas and Tokyo subway system, killing thirteen and injuring thousands.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: His crimes were terrorism, murder, chemical warfare, one of the deadliest terrorist attacks in Japanese history. He was executed in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: I don't remember him, probably because it didn't happen in the Western world. Number four Marshall Applewhite. Now, don't be confused with the Texas quarterback Major apple White.
Speaker 3: Cow like I was confused, like d he's a colt leader.
Speaker 4: No, they'd say the long horned fans are a cult.
Speaker 5: The longhornse he was their leader.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 2: So Marshall apple White, you'll know him when I tell you who he is. Anything come to mind with Marshall not at all White. Heaven's Gate is the cult now. Nineteen ninety seven, Apple White and thirty eight followers died by suicide in matching outfits and Nike shoes, believing they descend to a spaceship following the Hillbop comment, Do you remember that they all killed themselves? Think they were going to be up on the comment?
Speaker 3: The Nike shoes in the comment sounds familiar?
Speaker 4: Oh, I remember.
Speaker 2: I do remember this one because it was pretty famous, and that year Key and Pill did a sketch on it too, where yes they were the ones. They were acting like they weren't in it, but they survived and they were like it was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I think that's why I remember it.
Speaker 2: The crime psychological manipulation and orchestrated mass suicide. Their legacy. His legacy known for eerie videos because they would he'd do like VHS tapes and the belief in aliens and ascension. Number three is David Koresh the Waco siege.
Speaker 4: The cult name was Amy. What were they if they were a part of that cult?
Speaker 3: The branch Davidian.
Speaker 2: Correct good Job. Nineteen ninety three, a fifty one day standoff between the FBI and Koresh's followers in Waco, Texas, ended in a fiery inferno, killing seventy six people. The crime illegal weapons, possession, child abuse, and obstruction of justice. The Waco siege remains controversial and field anti government sentiment. The government made some bad mistakes.
Speaker 6: Too, like.
Speaker 4: Bad Koresh, bad guy.
Speaker 2: Government made some bad moves in order because all those people don't have to die.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize it was fifty one days.
Speaker 2: We weren't a part of all fifty one days of it. And the media wasn't like it is now. There was a twenty four hour news cycle, but there wasn't social media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so what did we catch? Like the last week, we.
Speaker 2: Caught whenever they started to burn stuff down. Number two Charles Manson The Manson Family murders cult named the Manson Family. In nineteen sixty nine, followers of Charles Manson brutally murdered actors Sharon Tate and six others. She was eight months pregnant at the time. The crime was conspiracy to keep a murder. Charles Manson never actually killed anybody, No, he didn't, but directly ordered the killings he believed in the apocalyptic race war he called Helter Skelter. They made a movie not so much about Charles Manson, but it was about that time.
Speaker 5: And he's part time. Yeah, once upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was pretty good.
Speaker 5: It's a really good movie.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's creepy. He's he died like in the last five or six years, right, twenty seven teen. How old was he when he died, because he seemed like he was pretty old. I think he lived a long life in prison eight eighty three. Yeah, hey Morgan, turn your mic off. I can hear you typing, because I start to feel like Charles Manson, somebody's talking to me, like typing in my head. And then kill three people.
Speaker 5: And the murderers two were like men and women, right, like just I think I saw an interview with like maybe one of the girls that was a murderer, and she was old now, like I don't know, there was like maybe in her seventies, sixty seventies, So.
Speaker 6: What did he say just go kill someone randomly? Or did he picked people out that he wanted killed.
Speaker 5: He picked he knew the house and he said, whoever's in the house, go kill them all, And they did.
Speaker 2: Creepy Jim Jones the Jonestown Massacre. Their cult name was the People's Temple. In nineteen seventy eight, Jones orchestrated a mass murder suicide of over nine hundred people. This is the kool aid, right, he made the kool aid and everybody drank it. That's where don't drink the kool aid originated from. But Jim Jones, Man, that's a lot of people dying right there at once. Nine hundred that's a big cult. Like, you gotta be really charismatic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and find some really vulnerable people both.
Speaker 2: It has to be the Cold Front meets Warm Front Tornado, Like, you gotta be really charismatic. But the more charismatic you are, the less vulnerable they have to be. They're still a bit vulnerable.
Speaker 3: But true.
Speaker 6: Also, how do you find these people pre Internet?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 6: How do you get nine hundred people pre internet to join your cult?
Speaker 5: Well let's start small, right, Well, start small, and I think they started in America and then they moved down in South America. And I think technically too, it was it wasn't kool Aid. It was like Flavor eight or something, but kool Aid got the red.
Speaker 2: It was like red Flavor A but kool Aid was the brand. We could have done generic or brand. Tim Allen says, they're going to do Toy Story five. I don't get annoyed. I don't get annoyed when they do prequels or sequels or remake because I understand like the business of it, Like they're just trying to cover their butts and make money. It's hard to make money in movies. I don't like toy toy stories. They're not really They're continuing the story.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 2: People are just mad about it. Yeah, I like that they're continuing the story. I'm not even a huge Toy story guy, but I have seen them. I watched them as a bit and I was like, Toy Story is pretty Goodyeah, think Toy Story two is the best?
Speaker 4: Is that is really good too? Yeah? I don't remember why I think two is the best? Does two?
Speaker 5: Have you have?
Speaker 4: You got a friend in me?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 11: You like the sad Jesse song.
Speaker 5: Jesse is Mom has got no no, that's but what's cool about that though, is like the kids don't care, and then you know, whoever watched one and two they're older now, but then the younger ones get to experience a new toy story and they don't know what the story is. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Tim Allen says, Toy story FIA will focus a lot on Jesse, the cowgirl, the toy and that buzz and what he will reunite. The sequence theaters June nineteenth, twenty twenty six, So they're not gonna have to be in it as much, but they can kind of.
Speaker 11: Move it kind of doing like focusing on the other characters, because I feel like the first trilogy was like what it was supposed to be and everything else is just kind of extra at this point.
Speaker 4: Hey, speaking of movies and speaking of like terrorist stuff for Colts, Mike on Movie Mike's Movie Podcast had on an ex FBI agent who did he direct the documentary?
Speaker 11: He is a part of it, and I had on the director as well. But the FBI agent was one of the people who went in and rescued survivors.
Speaker 4: After Oklahoma City bombing.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, is that.
Speaker 5: Is that on Netflix?
Speaker 4: Did you glitch? Did you gletch?
Speaker 15: You?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 3: I'm okay? Is that on Netflix?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it just came out.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just saw the preview.
Speaker 4: What was your takeaways about the bombing that you didn't know?
Speaker 11: Well, in connection we were talking about earlier. I didn't realize it was in response to what happened in Waco.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. The guy was mad at the government.
Speaker 11: He was mad at the government, and this was his way of saying, We're gonna like come back at you. And that was kind of what started that whole thing. So it took place not that long after that, and I didn't know how massive the bomb was and one hundred and sixty eight people died. Because I was so young when it happened, I don't really remember those details. So watching this documentary was me learning everything for the first time. And I didn't realize just how crazy that was. And when they went in, they thought maybe there was another bomb in there.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yeah, I didn't know that. I've heard the audio because I went and toward it. And if you go into a specific place, they play you the audio of like a town council meeting that was across the street. From the building, and so they're like, all right, we're going to vote on proposition to eighty three water.
Speaker 4: And you hear it because everything has to be recorded.
Speaker 2: If it's like city council and it was running while the bomb went off, it sounds like a monster is eating the place. Like they didn't their place didn't blow up, but it was so close to them because it was like across the street or a couple of buildings down.
Speaker 4: What else did you learn?
Speaker 11: I learned how they had no technology back then because they couldn't even search who was in the system, like who was arrested. That took them days to do because they had already arrested Timothy McVeigh. They didn't know he was in connection with the bombing, but it was for a separate incident. And they're like, let's just run a database of all these people's names, and it took them like three days just to run that quick search that we could do now in like two seconds.
Speaker 2: The Timothy mcveay things while because so the bomb blows up. He has his car parked so he can do a getaway, but the bomb again is so massive, it shakes his car. The license plate comes off of his car. So he's driving down the highway. He gets pulled over for no license plate, not because he's part of the bombing. He has a gun on him. He can't have a gun on him, so they arrest him, put him in jail for no license plate. That turns into having a firearm. He's in jail the whole time.
Speaker 11: They're looking for him, and he's like so calm and collective that they don't suspect anything.
Speaker 10: He's just so normal.
Speaker 11: They're like, no way this could be in connection in any way. He felt no remorse.
Speaker 2: Check out movie Mike's movie podcast if you want to hear the FBI agent talk about that. He was a part of the documentary. And then documentary's on Netflix. Yeah, what's it called. It's called Oklahoma City Bombing, American Terror. I think I could watch that because there hasn't been one hundred versions of that, like the O. J. Simpson stuff, I don't even care to watch anymore, how many, because I've seen it thirteen times. I've seen the documentaries. I've seen people be the actors. That's happened so much. Well, I think this I probably need and should be reminded of how that affected people that are even close to us? What year was it, like ninety five?
Speaker 11: Yeah, ninety five, so thirty years tomorrow, I believe.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, movie Mike's movie podcast with that. Okay, Amy, I hope you have a great trip. It's South Carolina.
Speaker 5: Have fun at those bars, Amy, Yeah, yeah, the social or what it was called, Morgan.
Speaker 4: I hope you get some Easter eggs.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I'm excited I've been scouting.
Speaker 5: Is that fair?
Speaker 2: What I feel like you guys have cheated this Easter egg thing because you walked in a minute ago and you're already know where the ex on one right to that, you guys are?
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 9: Man, that's how we used to play growing up.
Speaker 1: We'd scout all the time.
Speaker 9: It's part of the game.
Speaker 6: What are you gonna? How is she penalized? We're walking around the office that happened to see an egg in it? Up and know what's in it?
Speaker 5: Right? Then hide them better?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. They're just hanging out right there by the tree or whatever like yeah, or.
Speaker 6: Put everybody in the conference room, then go hide them and then everybody run, you know if you hide them early.
Speaker 2: So you're saying they should have hit that they everybody wants to do it. Should have gone to a place and they run around and hide them, yes, and then everybody goes out. That's how we do in the family.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 4: Good luck?
Speaker 5: You don't want to hunt.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's some good live streaming it.
Speaker 9: So go watch on YouTube.
Speaker 6: Wait for that fifty dollars gift card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to our YouTube page, go to YouTube Bobby Bone Show More than to live stream that starting at eleven. And then if you don't watch it live and you're listening to this in the podcast, you can go and watch it. Just go to our YouTube page and it'll be go to our live feed part or we'll bump it or whatever we can do.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's it. Thank you guys. Hope you have a great weekend. We will see you guys on Monday. By everybody,