Speaker 1: We could not be more excited to talk to this guest today. To say that she is a part of our extended family would be an understatement. Kelly Rizzo is a food, travel, and lifestyle expert and the host of Eat, Travel, Rock TV and a podcaster of her brand new podcast, Comfort Food. She of course, is also the wife of our beloved Bob Saggot, and most of all, a dearly loved and cherished friend and sister to us. We are so happy to be able to catch up with her on the show today. Please welcome our dear friend, Kelly Rizzo.
Speaker 2: Kelly, I can't even tell you how surreal this is to be on a how Rude Tannerito's podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean, it doesn't even seem real.
Speaker 2: If you would have told my ninety self that this would be happening, it just would not be real.
Speaker 3: So I'm so honored to be here.
Speaker 4: But we are so happy to have you.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: I love you guys so much.
Speaker 4: I love you too.
Speaker 1: And you're following John Stamos like you you You're on before most of the cast too, That's how much we love and honor you, and like, yeah, you're you're right up next to John Stamos.
Speaker 5: So no pressure, no.
Speaker 4: Pressure killing I'm in don't tell John.
Speaker 6: That's a lot. That's a lot of pressure. No, it's fine, you know, John, there's no pressure, Bob.
Speaker 2: Bob would have some joke about that, about being right next to Stemos. There'd be some joke there. So I'm not going to do that. I'm not I'm not going to write right right.
Speaker 6: Well, he Bob would make it about the fact that he wasn't first, is what he would do. He would be like, wow, okay, I see John was first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would be He would be very personally offended, and he would have several calls with you guys independently to talk about how his feelings.
Speaker 6: Were hurt right right, and making sure that he didn't do something and if he did that, he was really sorry.
Speaker 4: But also, why did you do this?
Speaker 3: Are you mad at me? Did I do something? Why are you mad at me? Or you're you're mad at me? Aren't your Jody? All right? You're your Did I do something to personally offend you?
Speaker 6: Well, you're on Bob's microphone, so it's only fitting that we uh that we have a discussion about him.
Speaker 2: Yes, there were lots of lots of dirty jokes set into this microphone.
Speaker 6: There's a joke there that I want to make, and I don't know what it is. I don't know what it is. Oh, but god, I just and that's and that that's I blame Bob for that entirely, By the way, is my the fact that I'm constantly just coming up with the worst possible jokes at every moment in my life, doctor's appointments, funerals, weddings, whatever it is. I'm like, I'm always going for the joke, and I'm like, God, damn it. This.
Speaker 2: Didn't he start this by taking you to a comedy club when you were like way too young to be in one.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I mean I don't know that that was what started it.
Speaker 6: I just I always knew that he and Dave and John, but particularly he and Dave were laughing at things that were subversive that I didn't quite get.
Speaker 4: But I knew, I knew I should.
Speaker 6: Like, I was always like, I don't know why this is funny, but I'm gonna laugh, pretend like I know, and figure it out later and like that and sort of just like absorbed all this comedy. But yeah, Bob did, I was going to spend the weekend with his kids after a tape night, and he was going to the Laugh Factory and he was like, all right, I didn't tell your mom this, but I'm doing a set of the laugh Factory, so you're coming with me.
Speaker 4: And I was like, all right, cool.
Speaker 6: I think I was maybe nine, And I remember parking behind laugh Factory there where green blatz Deli was and going in and sitting on the back speaker there and flashing him as you know, his ten minute and five minute lights and just hanging out back at.
Speaker 4: The comedy club.
Speaker 3: And I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That was. That was.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's one of the best memories that I'm truly truly one of the best memories at because it was like I just felt like included. Yeah, you know, Bob was always really great at making everybody feel included.
Speaker 2: So well, it also shows the amount of even just respect and love that he happy at that time. Knowing that you could handle that at nine years old, you know that's true.
Speaker 6: I mean I did, Yeah, I definitely, you know, yeah, I was a pretty uh with it, little nine.
Speaker 3: Years like she's got the chops to handle this, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: And then and and it's just been NonStop inappropriate jokes ever since.
Speaker 4: So thanks Bob Kelly.
Speaker 5: I never knew how you and Bob actually met.
Speaker 1: I guess that's just because it's always felt like you've been a part of the family forever for thirty six years. But until I read these notes, I didn't know that you met. He DMed you on int is that? Yeah, where did that come from? Tell us that story?
Speaker 4: I remember that Bob slagging in the DM.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just started telling the real, real truth of it. I think he told I mean, you know, close friends and stuff knew the real truth. And then I think he maybe told it publicly a little.
Speaker 3: Bit here and there.
Speaker 2: But the real story is that we he saw me on a dating app, but then didn't reach out through the dating app okay, and circumvented the app, and then went to because I was living in Chicago and I was in media in Chicago, and so I knew a mutual friend that was a radio host in Chicago and said, hey, like I guess he texted him and was like, Hey, do you know this girl Kelly Rizzo?
Speaker 3: And he's like, yeah, actually, my fiance's friends with her.
Speaker 2: You know, I know her a bit, and Bob goes she a bit literally, first thing he said, and he's like, no, she's really nice, you know, or from what I know, she seems really nice, and Baca, I'm gonna DM her. We used to get her a message telling her that I'm going to message her, right, And so I get this message from this guy's fiance at the time, and uh right, she was like, Hey, Bob Saggatt's gonna message.
Speaker 3: You on Instagram.
Speaker 4: And I were like what what? Literally, I go what why?
Speaker 3: Like I just wasn't. I didn't. I didn't really get it.
Speaker 2: I was like why And they're like, oh, he wants to send you a message, you know. So I got a message from him saying, hey, hey, it's Bob. You know how he was always like, hey, it's Bob's by the way, right, Yeah, He's like, I'd love to invite you to a show some time and take you out for a bunch of burgers and lobsters because he saw that I was, you know, a foodie.
Speaker 4: And I've remember many a lobster with Bob.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, I didn't. I didn't really you know, he wasn't really in my wheelhouse in terms of somebody I would date, because you know, we did have an age gap, and.
Speaker 3: I was just like, that's that's so bizarre.
Speaker 2: It's just like, didn't it didn't really computecause I was like, that's right, Bob Saget, like what, I din't really get it, and I was like, well, I'll be friends with him. He seems really fun and interesting, and so we just kind of became friends for a while and then I came out to LA and then we hung out in person, and then at that point I was.
Speaker 3: Like, damn it, it's like, do I have a crush on Bob? Is this happening? Is this happening?
Speaker 2: And from immediately we just clicked and connected and had this really I mean, obviously you know that there's nobody on the planet like Bob and he's the most unique person that ever existed, and so it was one of those things where I'm like, all right, even though we're very different in many ways, I can't.
Speaker 3: Pass this up because he's just too special of a guy. So yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Instagram and uh and DMS that's how it all happened.
Speaker 6: Great, right, It both the best and the worst things can slide into your DMS. It's really yeah, I mean that's I love that story.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 6: I remember, I just remember how excited he was, like when you guys first started dating. He was like I just remember him like running up to me and being like, oh my god, I took that, dude. I mean I don't know that he said, dude, but he was like, I'm you won't believe it, Jude, you won't believe it. Like this girl, she's so nice, she's normal. She and I was like, well, she's dating you, so, you know, he was like, well, I'm a little weird, right, He was like, I mean mostly normal, right. I was like, okay, uh, but he just he was He would light up when he talked about you, and and it just was you know, for those of us that have known him our whole lives or you know, thirty six years, we'd seen him go through a lot of ups and downs and challenges and you know, sort of pick the worst possible situations for himself that you guys. Yeah, So like finally seeing him so happy and with someone who just let him be him and was like I love you anyway, that was it was really wonderful to see because I think Bob always, you know, he just wanted to make everybody else happy, but he just needed somebody that let him know that like he was enough, and you always did that for him.
Speaker 5: So ye you completed his enf Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well and you also like like grounded him to the earth because you needed to know. You know, we all know Bob was off and like you were like, come come here, come here, come here, come here.
Speaker 2: Well, to have that, you know, in a sense validation from you guys and his girls is like all that ever mattered to me, you know, because you obviously knew him best and cared about him the most, and you know, to have that kind of samp of approval always means are always meant so much to me. I actually have a quick, quick little story that a Fuller House story that I'm sure your listeners would love. That is how I kind of first started to meet you all. Was I was flying from Chicago to LA for I mean, to see Bob. But it was a Fuller House taping, and I remember it was the first one I was going to, and I was so excited. I was like, oh my god, this is you know, once again, very surreal because for people who didn't know, I mean, it was almost on It was on the exact same soundstage as house or a Yeah, okay, and it looked I mean it was the same set.
Speaker 3: And so for me to go.
Speaker 4: There dressing rooms, right, it was very.
Speaker 2: Very surreal for me to go, and I was very excited. And I was on a plane on the way to LA and you guys were in the middle of filming a Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: Episode, oh table, and the thing yeah, and you guys are sitting was we set the record for the most speaking roles in a scene on a sitcom.
Speaker 4: In that scene there.
Speaker 5: Was like twenty two people. It's two speaking there was one scene.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and it like there had been that many people in a scene but never speaking before.
Speaker 4: So anyway, his record setting, you were.
Speaker 3: There so well.
Speaker 2: I actually was on a during this. It was the same episode because you know, you all week, but one day you guys were around this table and I was on a plane and the plane had a serious.
Speaker 4: Yes, I remember, I remember this, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I during the flight and yes, where you know, Bob was terrified. They were going around saying like, here's how to assume your brace positions. It was very, very very scary, and I remember I was on the phone with Bob and my family, and I was saying, like, this is really bad. We have to make an emergence see landing, and I'm terrified. And so I'm texting with him NonStop and my family NonStop, and it was borderline this is my goodbye type of thing, you know. It was like, you know, I remember letting you know in case something happens, I love you all very much. It was like that type of thing. And Bob was telling all of you. He's like, my girlfriend's on a plane and she she might gosh and she's maybe going down. And I remember he was getting an info from Dave because Dave's a polist.
Speaker 4: Yes, he was like Dave.
Speaker 6: Remember, he was like, Dave, what's happening. Dave was trying to calm him down.
Speaker 2: Like it was calming him down, and was asking me questions. He was saying, like, Dave wants to know, is this happening? Dave wants to know are you hearing these noises? And so I'm also in this weird state of like I might die in a plane crash, but at the same time, I'm communicating with all of the full house cast around to take while while they're in the middle of filming a Thanks well there, yeah, yeah, yeah. And then Bob, I remember, Bob was like, Candae is praying for you, and this person is saying this, and this person is saying and I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Like what is my life?
Speaker 2: Because I'd only we'd only even dating a few months at the time, and I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: And I was sitting next to for I.
Speaker 2: Was like, well, the whole Full House cast is like praying for us.
Speaker 4: Like it was so bizarre.
Speaker 2: And then obviously we landed safely and it was fine, but uh, and then the next day I was in LA and then went to the one of you know, the.
Speaker 4: Actual yeah, yeah, because it was a rehearsal.
Speaker 3: I think that you guys right, it was rehearsal. It was rehearsal.
Speaker 4: Or it was like a Thursday.
Speaker 6: It was like our pre tape day because I think that was the day we were shooting that because.
Speaker 4: It was such a monster seat, right.
Speaker 2: And so then I went to the next day and then that that's when I actually met all of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got to say, you know, like I surprise alive.
Speaker 3: Thanks right right? Thanks?
Speaker 6: I mean like what I remember that though, because I remember how freaked out he was and I remember Dave being like, it's a I got let's just you know, and like, and Bob was just and we're like okay, but like, you know, try I'm that thing that you have to do when you're shooting and you're like, hey, my life, my actual life is over here on fire and falling apart, which we've all been through, and you're like, but I have to I have to just put that in a little fireproof container right now and go do my job. And yeah, but I god, I remember.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever told that Gary story publicly, So glad I got to share with you guys again.
Speaker 5: I had forgotten all about that. It's terrifying.
Speaker 1: So when you met us, you inherit. You basically inherited the entire full House family.
Speaker 4: Now, was that? What was that like?
Speaker 5: Meeting us?
Speaker 4: Was that like?
Speaker 5: Were you intimidated? Had you ever watched Full House before? Were you unfazed?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean like was it weird? So yeah?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 4: Was it weird?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're we I mean we were weird. We I mean we are weird. But was it weird for you?
Speaker 3: I love? I mean I loved the show.
Speaker 2: I was you know, I was a fan, but not like a super fan where I was like I maybe had seen seventy percent of the episode something like that all through years because when you got you know, because when I got in high school was kind of the latter years where you know, my sisters were very, very into it because they were a couple of years younger.
Speaker 3: But at that point I was like, I'm only going to watch Beavis and.
Speaker 4: Butteret right around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I was I still always, you know, had known the show and really enjoyed the show, even from when I was you know, pre teen to teenager. And then because Jodie, I'm like right between yeah, You're like right between me and Candace. Yeah, Candace, right yeah, And so I always loved the show. But you know, then again, let's say after when the show ended, like I didn't, let's say, follow Bob's career.
Speaker 6: You were like, ow kind of people are, But it's not like you were like, oh my god, the cast of what right, You're like all right, right?
Speaker 2: And then I remember, you know, meeting Bob and then he starts telling all these stories and starts talking about you all, and I was like, oh my god, like it's so interesting how they're really truly a family. I remember he would show me group texts of you guys and he's like.
Speaker 4: Look, full House is real. Full House is real. Like he would always say that.
Speaker 6: Bob and I usually would keep a joke running until it was long dead, and it was like everyone else has moved on, but Bob and I were like, no, we're going to keep this going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he would, you know he would, I'm sure gladly obliged.
Speaker 2: But so from day one, he was always just spoke so highly of you all, and you know, loved you so much that I knew it was going to be a very cozy situation to go into. I mean it was a little intimidating because you guys had known him so long, and I'm sure you know he was like, you know, they had seen some girlfriends come and go, and they're a little protective love but I didn't. But from the first moment, you were all so welcoming, and because so much time had passed between you know, the first show and then Fuller House, especially like I like when I was with Bob, like I didn't see him like because he also looked so different and he sounded different, like I didn't correlate him like that. You know, my husband was Danny Tanner. Like to me, it was like two separate people, right right, I mean, and the same kind of goes with everybody, like every like so much time had passed, but from the first moment you were all so welcoming. And I remember that first time meeting you all. You just literally gave me the biggest hug and welcomed me with open arms. And I think maybe saw right away that it was you know, maybe I was around here to stay and wasn't going anywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we could just tell by the way that Bob talked about you, and by like just the ease that you guys were together that it was like, oh, okay, this one's different this you know, and I get it. Like the intro introducing any significant other to the full house family is always, I think the more intimidating family to introduce people to, Like there's like my parents and my family. But then it's like, okay, now you have to meet Now you have to meet the other family. And they're crazy and and they've known me forever and like and and also knowing like these are my these people have my best interests at heart.
Speaker 4: They don't you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And they and they would tell me many times, you know, we like this one. We don't love this one, but we love you, so figure it out, you know.
Speaker 2: Well you all were very just warm and welcoming from moment one. So I'm always very appreciative of that because I didn't have to, you know, like prove myself and be like no, you know, like right away, you were just very accepting.
Speaker 6: Well, we loved seeing Bob so happy. Yeah, he was so happy. He was so happy. And I think also, you know, I we've all got to grow up in different ways. I think on the show them included you know, the guys that Bob and Dave and John started out as the you know, these these young guys, and watching them grow up and finally become like these best versions of themselves, that was that was huge. And I really saw that with Bob, like he I felt like finally was settled into his own skin, and a big piece of that was was with you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: So it was it was nice to finally see him a little more settled and like grounded. Like I said, you really you were a very big grounding force for him.
Speaker 4: So I was always happy to see that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys, But I mean, once again, it's everything coming from you.
Speaker 6: But it's funny talking about you know, the same set and the same dressing rooms and stuff like being in those again with Bob and Dave and John and like Candice being in Bob's old dressing room and me being like it was such a really cool full circle moment all of that, and I'm so grateful that like you got to be a part of that and that you were included in that in that time.
Speaker 4: That was so special for all of us.
Speaker 3: So cool. Yeah, it was really really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think Bob enjoyed that.
Speaker 6: I think he enjoyed it more than he even thought he was going to the whole Fuller House experience.
Speaker 3: Oh one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: I think part of him was a little resistant, or he was pretending to be resistant, but then he he was, so he'd get really excited, like, wait, I get to go work with my family again after all this time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he was really excited.
Speaker 1: Did you guys, did did he get recognized out in public when you were together? And was that weird because everybody sees him as Danny Tanner. You know, he's tall, you can't miss him when you're out in public. Do you have any like funny stories of him being recognized or how would he handle that when he was recognized in public with you?
Speaker 2: He well, he got recognized constantly because as I like to say, I'm like, he was not incognito.
Speaker 3: I'm like when he.
Speaker 2: Walked out, You're like, oh, that that's part he was.
Speaker 3: He was very bob saggedy.
Speaker 2: And you know, he it's not like he wore I mean, he did wear sunglasses a lot, but he it's not like he walked around always with like a house.
Speaker 6: He was very tall, and he'd right, he sticks out sounded like Bob right sticks.
Speaker 3: Out like a sore thumb very much. So.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, he got recognized all the time, and he was never once in the six years that we were together, never once did he shun somebody away or say he was too busy. Because you know how it is now everyone wants a selfie. He was like the selfie king. So he would always he'd be like, he wants to take the angle.
Speaker 3: He couldn't take it.
Speaker 6: You couldn't take a selfie with Bob unless he took it, or unless you spent fifteen minutes finding the right lighting angle.
Speaker 3: Or editing it right.
Speaker 2: So but he would take he would always take the person's phone and he'd be like, I got it, I got it. And then he would take the picture from his high angle.
Speaker 4: From his like right that, yeah, yeah, I learned that up here, you.
Speaker 3: Look great, y yeah.
Speaker 2: So he would always take the selfie and then he'd you know, say they'd always say like, oh, you helped raise me, or like a lot of times he would get people, he'd get people come up. I'm sure you guys get this too, but you know, people crying, and he would say or they would say like I didn't have a dad and you were like my dad, and you helped raise me. And you know, he'd get that a lot, and he would always be like, oh, thank you, thank you. And so he was always very gracious and never once in six years, I don't care if it was at one of his you know, when he was doing stand up at like backstage at one of his shows, or never, never want did he turn away a fan for a photo or an autograph or just to chat. And he was always so welcoming of it, and you know, gracious, and he really got to appreciate towards the end, you know, because anything I'm telling you, guys, you know more than I do because you knew him for thirty plus years. But you know, he was very resistant of the Danny Tanner image for a long time, which is you know, we all like I have been like this is you know, right, So that's you know when that's why so many people when they see his comedy, they're like, I can't believe he's so different than I expected.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, that's who he really.
Speaker 4: Was always, you know, that's it's always been who he was, right right.
Speaker 2: So, but really the last few years he really started to embrace it again and got really appreciative of his of his time as Danny Tanner, you know, the original version and then the Fuller House version, and even that's why he would make TikTok videos kind.
Speaker 3: Of spooping Danny funny videos. He loved, he loved the talk, and he just really.
Speaker 2: He really started to embrace it the last few years and yeah, just accept it.
Speaker 6: He's like, all right, yeah, I saw that too, and again, I think it all it all came with that, like we all kind of settled into I think after Fuller House and like we all sort of not came to terms with but like realized.
Speaker 4: That what we created was far.
Speaker 6: More special and important than just the words that were on the page of a full House script, you know that, like it was what we saw as you know, maybe a you know, silly, funny family sitcom, but that that doesn't mean that what we created out of that wasn't like hugely important. And I do I remember, you know, Bob and John and kind of all of us being like, oh, I don't want to be that person forever, but like coming back with Fuller and seeing just how much people loved it, and seeing how much people loved seeing these characters become whoever they had become and they still loved it, Like it was really really cool.
Speaker 4: And I think we all.
Speaker 6: Like settled in a little bit in our Fuller years to like the comfort of the Tanner family and not trying to not be those people, but realizing that, like, actually those people were pretty.
Speaker 4: Awesome and kind of important.
Speaker 2: And when you realize that you can't just write that chemistry on a page and you can't just recreate it ever, no, never exist ever again, because you guys were just so special together and so brilliant together and just the chemistry. It was like, you know, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It was just such a special thing that you know, we'll live on forever. I mean that's you know, Yeah, I've always joked he's like, you know, he's like full house just won't go away.
Speaker 3: It just won't go away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true, won't It will never go away.
Speaker 6: And you know, one thing I always hear about Bob too is whenever I'm doing like a radio interview or any press or any sort of thing, everyone always brings up how incredibly kind Bob was, Like and you know, oh my gosh, but like I did an interview with him and he offered me tickets to a show, or like he remembered me, or he you know, like Bob just always really took time with people, and like that's such an important legacy.
Speaker 4: Of who he was.
Speaker 6: Was like he really made people feel so important when he was with them, while also telling you that he was very busy.
Speaker 5: You're very importantly, I'm important too.
Speaker 6: And that he yes, you're important, I'm important to and I'm very busy and important. Literally he'd like I'd be like me, like what that's the story we always tell you and be like, hey, I'm busy, I can't talk, and you're like, I don't I'm just answering.
Speaker 4: The phone, sir, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: So, speaking of his like stand up and stuff, did you, like, were you at all of his stand up shows? Was it something where like he would go do stand up and you were like, cool, have fun, like I know, you know some because the comedy world is is can be draining and it's a lot, you know.
Speaker 4: How what was your experience.
Speaker 1: Do you remember seeing his stand up routine for the first time and were horrified.
Speaker 2: Now I had seen, you know, maybe some clips here and there over the years, and I remember being like, oh, yeah, I think I heard that he was kind of kind of dirty and a little different, like I read some clips and so it wasn't a total shock.
Speaker 3: But then his whole thing, He's like, I'm not that dirty.
Speaker 2: He's like, compared to other people, I'm not he goes, you know, his was more of like poop humor type stuff, you know.
Speaker 4: Like he's like, I'm a bathroom him and Dave in the bathroom him were.
Speaker 3: Good lord, right, He's like I'm saying things.
Speaker 4: Never matured past ten year old boys.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm saying the things that I was told I couldn't say as a teenager.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 3: Basically, you know, yeah and yeah, that was really his thing. He's like, I'm really not that dirty.
Speaker 2: He's like, compare me to a lot of other people. He's like, I'm not saying I'm not talking about you know, this and this and this and this. So I remember I would go to the shows. That sounds kind of bad, but like that we're in really cool cities.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like if he was that, that doesn't sound bad. That sounds like I'm totally normal. Yah, someone that I.
Speaker 2: Somewhere that maybe I hadn't been before it's you know, or like he was going to Nashville, Like I love Nashville is one of my favorite city.
Speaker 3: Rights, so then I would go to Nashville.
Speaker 4: I mean, you travel a lot.
Speaker 6: It's not like you needed to be going everywhere because you'd never been to place.
Speaker 2: Right, So if he was, you know, going, if he was performing, you know, somewhere cool that let's say I hadn't been, if it was like Seattle or if it was Mi Miami, or obviously if he was ever in Chicago, then I would and like I would bring in all my troops as well, and you know, New York of Nashville, you know, wherever it was.
Speaker 3: I would pick and choose.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes I would go to some more offbeat locations. If let's say it was part of a tour and I would go on, you know, doing like three cities, I'd be like, okay, let's do like Huntsville, Nashville and Saint Louis or something like that. You know, I would go to maybe one out of every four locations or something like that with him. So and then sometimes you know, he would do four shows in a weekend, and so maybe I would go to one two of them. I wouldn't go to all four, right, And then sometimes you be like, oh, you're not coming tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm like you.
Speaker 2: Three of the other shows, like like I can't go to all of them, and like, you know it's right, Like you're fine, not the one getting paid, Like I got things. Yeah, I'm gonna in the hotel and order room service, you know, right, I'm like I'll go the third time, funny, right, like I'll go walk around. Yeah, and so I went to a lot of them, and it was just so cool getting to see and really become a part of, you know, by association, the comedy world, and really even just how being backstage worked and being in the green room and him talking always to the to the managers and to the people who ran the show, and him ordering his you know, turkey wrapper buffalo or chicken wings before a show or something like that, and and his process and how he prepared and it was so interesting to me. And he was just such such a pro at it and the way he would even direct his own sound checks and things like that, and and uh, you know, he was just such a pro and liked things a certain way. And but he was just so beloved even all the all the gms of the of the venues and all the people, like everyone loved him and he knew all their names and he knew all of that from you know, he's like, oh, this is this is Tiffany, and this is Jim and you know, like he knew everybody, and everybody loved him, and you know, he'd been doing it for forty years and so he was just for more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just such a pro and it was just so interesting to like watch him work in that world.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you so much everyone for listening, and there is so much more that we want to talk to Kelly Rizzo about, so make sure to come back next week for Part two, where we're going to talk more about her incredible strength, her stories about the man who helped shape our sense of humor for good and bad, Bob Saggat, and her experiences on Special Forces and all of it. So we will see you then for next week's episode of how Rude tan Rito's with Kelly Rizzo. And if you guys want to follow us on Instagram, you can follow us at how Rude Podcast or you can send us an email at how Rude podcast at gmail dot com. Uh and remember, you guys, the house is Nope, the world is small, but the houses we did it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: That was the quickest one yet, I think.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just closed my eyes and went