Speaker 1: Thank you. It's been good. Obviously, got married, went on a honeymoon, got some time away, and uh picked up the training again and so now we're back here ready to roll.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited. It's been good.
Speaker 3: It kind of strange at all when before that happening you were thinking, Wow, I'm not rehabbing right now and I'm not doing it. I'm not you run such a hamster wheel. Since you got here to finally have that time off, was.
Speaker 1: That like, yeah, I mean it was huge. I got married really a year since surgery, so like I got surgery March tenth, I got married March ninth. So for me, it was like, all right, this is gonna be a different kind of off season, and it's nice that I don't have to be on this schedule and and regime of you know, rehab, rehab, rehabit healthy and and sort of stress about am I gonna make it back for the season or not. So it's been nice to obviously Mary Jenna, and then and then we sort of just have an off season to breathe and reflect on. Really the last two years it's just been go, go go, So for me, it's been really good, just mentally and and uh sort of having that that hunger to come back and be ready to roll.
Speaker 2: So it's been good.
Speaker 4: York said that they anticipate down the line paying you a tremendous amount of money, far more than you're you're currently making now. Just that sort of stuff reach you at all, And how do you take that into account with everything that you need to take into account for this offseason?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, for me, it's I've said this time and time again just in terms of taking them one day at a time. I'm trying to win this year and do everything I can for this organization this year. Everything else happens how it happens. But for me, I need to get better from last year, you know, on the film and and the things that I saw from you know, last year and my rookie year. It's like, man, I've got this think of me where it's like I want to continue to.
Speaker 2: Master my craft and and that's that. And so.
Speaker 1: It's a business obviously too. But for me, I mean, I love this game. I love just competing with these guys in this organization. I love this organization, and I want to continue to represent myself for them and and in the right way. So that's where I'm at with that. You know, getting too caught up and all that kind of stuff is for me, that's nonsense. So you know, staying one day at a time and getting better done.
Speaker 5: In terms of the last couple of months, going back and looking at last year, what were the things that you saw, he said, I gotta get I.
Speaker 2: Gotta get better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean just going back and watching the games and sort of seeing the themes of what pop up and and uh, then when I go out in the field and you know, like hammer away at the little details and the fundamentals. Uh, just with footwork and timing my eyes, uh, concepts, you know, all of it. There's there's a lot of stuff that I think I can clean up and get better at for sure. So you know, coming back here, it's been great sitting down coaches and going over games and concepts how I can continue to get better. And so obviously it's good that we have a lot of film to watch where you know, my rookie year, you have seven games or so where it's like, you know, these are things that came up. But also you got to rehab and get your arm healthy, so now I can actually attack you know those things you know at practice and on the field, routes on there, all that kind of stuff. So it can sort of hone into trying to master my craft.
Speaker 4: The Super Bowl and how you played and.
Speaker 5: When you watch the film, what were your takeaways from.
Speaker 2: From the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just think, you know, it's it's such a big game. Everything is magnified. You know, just every play can be the play, and so you know, going back, it's like, man, I could have done better here with my eyes or my feet and with this read and make that throw. You know, there's a handful of plays, and so for me, it's like, you know, dang, I could have been better, and I want to be like better next we get in that position and be ready for those opportunities.
Speaker 2: When they come.
Speaker 1: And and that sort of sinks back to just what I said, just in terms of my fundamentals and and the little details. Man if I could just do that in the big moment, then then we make the right play and we get the first down, and then obviously whatever time management, clock management, score touchdowns, those things translate over. So That's where I'm at when I watch it. I'm real about it, obviously, wish you won the game, won the super Bowl and won the championship for this organization, But you know, it happens, and for me, it's like I gotta learn from it, like truly learn from it, not like set emotion, set the emotions and the feelings and stuff aside, like remember those, but let's be real about the film and and get better from it. There's a lot of things that we can learn and grow from. So that's what comes to mind when I watch it.
Speaker 5: Are you aware of how much your name has talked about this time of year in the draft? You know, teams, this is the next rock party. I'm looking for the next rock party. This kind of under the radar court could be the next Brock party. Does that ever come across your radar? Do you hear from some of those you know, maybe third day projected third day quarterbacks about what you mean to them?
Speaker 1: I mean last year just I heard, you know, people talking about the amount of quarterbacks drafted and and all that kind of thing, and maybe I had an effect on that. I'm not really sure that's really what's what's.
Speaker 2: Gotten to me.
Speaker 1: I haven't really had anybody really reach out and ask hey, I'm a day three guy, how can.
Speaker 2: I hasn't really been like that.
Speaker 1: Everyone's story and path is different, so you know, to try to live out the same way that some other guy did, I don't think is right. I mean, for me, it's like, yeah, this guy got drafted last that there's some hope for sure, but I can't compare myself, and like, everyone's got their own story, and so.
Speaker 2: That's that's really all all I've.
Speaker 1: Heard and and how I look at it. But obviously I'm a big believer, and it doesn't matter where you're drafted. It's what you do when you get the you know, with that opportunity. So that's my advice to guys that are drafted Day three or undrafted guys or whoever.
Speaker 4: So would you talk about putting your emotions and feelings about the Super Bowl aside?
Speaker 6: Being back in the building.
Speaker 4: Do you find it's something you guys talk about or learn from it, you move on and you're just looking forward to next season?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think both. You know, you go through such a long year.
Speaker 1: It's like a marathon with with these guys from camp, offseason stuff, all the way through preseason and then during the year and you're playing football from what is it August till February. So, like, you go through a lot with these guys, and so you do have all these feelings and emotions.
Speaker 2: You put so much into it.
Speaker 1: You get to the final game and then you come up short and overtime, and so for all of us it's like dang, Like you know, in the moment, it's heartbreaking, but that's the nature of the sport that you play. At the end of the day, we all love this game and we all have passion for it. But when we're watching the film and we want to get better, you have to put those things aside.
Speaker 2: And watch it for what it is.
Speaker 1: You know, what are the coach points, what are your fundamentals that you have to sink back to and execute. So that's what I mean by talking about it. But when I see the guys in the locker room and stuff again, man, it's uh. I mean, we've obviously been through some some stuff together, but that's the love that you have, Like we went to war together and now we get to do it again now, So get you excited?
Speaker 2: Really pay attention to the drops. Will you be watching it?
Speaker 3: Will you be texting your teammates.
Speaker 1: Throughout Yeah, I'll be in tune to it for sure. Well I watch every single pick. I don't know, but we'll definitely be in tune to who we draft and then uh just buddies from college or whoever in life get drafted.
Speaker 2: It's it's a it's a.
Speaker 1: Pretty big thing for you know, kids growing up that they get to see their name on TV get drafted and an opportunity to go live out their dreams. So I think it's always as a cool time of year for sure. So I'll be in tune.
Speaker 5: Loving it all for guys that you notice, ory that you know, or you are you trying it all to influence the powers that be, Like this guy would be pretty good to have.
Speaker 1: I mean for me, you know, John Kyle, this organization, they've done a good job with you know, picking picking guys that are right for our culture, our organization. So obviously I trust in whoever they get. And and for me, it's like whoever they do, they do get, like, let's go. You know, I'll be excited for it, ready to play some football with them and and uh do it takes to win, So I mean that's how I look at it. But you know, in terms of my input on the draft and stuff.
Speaker 2: Now, I know.
Speaker 6: Players stay out of other players contractual business, that's the way, you know, But given the chemistry you had with Brandon obviously to everybody, does it concern you at all when it's kind of up in the air and you know it's hard to know if he's going to be even with the team next season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I love BA and what we've done has been has been pretty cool. And like I've said this before, I'm just thankful that I have and had the opportunity to play with him and throw them the ball and.
Speaker 2: Win games with him. It's been awesome.
Speaker 1: And we're at the time of year where obviously you don't know, like as a player, it's obviously out of our control to to sign guys and stuff like that's up to the front office and all kinds of stuff. But you know, for me, it's I do trust John and Kyle in terms of getting guys who we're gonna make plays and be the right fit for our offense and everything. So my job as a quarterback is, you know, trusting those guys to get the right guys and and play and execute and win. And it's obviously it's a business as well, so you have ask and negotiations and all all these kinds of things. So at the end of the day, Ba has been a brother to me and I want the best for him. And but we're at that time of year where you know, negotiations happen and you know, the business side of things kicking. So that's where I'm at with though, Like with him, I mean, we shot each other some texts, just checking in out how's he doing, and and seeing them at the facility, you know, and like the off season ish when he's coming in just to do like some rehab stuff. I've I've ran into him, But outside of that, it's you know, I've told him I want the want the best for him and love for him. So that's really been about it.
Speaker 3: So him and maybe a throwing session with him and maybe the other receivers.
Speaker 1: I mean, as of now, I'm just going with the guys that have reported, you know, for Phase one O, T A S and and throwing routes on air and stuff, and and obviously I'm on a schedule with my throwing program being here, so if he wants to come, great, I'd love to throw to be obviously, but outside of that, don't really know. So as an actor, I think I still need some more classes or work for sure, But then trying to have fun with it. Obviously I've partnered with some great, great companies and organizations and and so you know, whenever we have to shoot a commercial or something, I give it my all.
Speaker 2: Pictures that we're out.
Speaker 3: If you're working out and people are saying you have bronx looking jacked, what are.
Speaker 2: Your physical goals this offseason?
Speaker 3: Can you get stronger?
Speaker 2: Can you get more sudden? Can you get more explosive? What are you working on? A?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think obviously in the off season for me, you know, you want to add some muscle and stuff, but just because it's a long season and realistically it can sort of wear off over time and stuff. So uh, yeah, it gets strong, look good, feel good in terms of the explosiveness with both my arm and my legs.
Speaker 2: And and then I.
Speaker 1: Think I've said it before, but like mobility, making sure that you know I'm saying mobile and flexible and whatnot. So uh, those are the things that I sort of hone into this time of year, and you know, obviously come season, that's what matters.
Speaker 2: Is being in the best.
Speaker 1: Shape possible for for what is a marathon, you know, to be able to run, make plays, throw the ball, stay in shape.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm preparing for that right now.
Speaker 5: So you'll be you'll be part of that Dwight Clark event next month. What does it mean for you to be up there with Steve Young and Alex Smith and Jeff Garcia to raise money.
Speaker 4: For the Going Hard Fund?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean what an honor, you know, to even be able to go up and speak, uh with those with those guys like legends in this organization. Then obviously being a being a part of a special knight to raise money, you know, for for such a great organization, and and uh obviously to help out our alumni that have given everything that they've got for this organization. So being able to raise money to help them in their areas. Uh, it's a great cause. So I mean, you know, if I was a forty nine er fan, I'd try to buy tickets and and be there that night. So show up, baby, Yep, all guys, thank you.