Speaker 1: Welcome back to this week's episode of futt Around and find Out. It's your girl, Ashanti and Asy is getting buckets where her team right now? Okay, where we want her to be. So I'm going to lead this episode. This is going to be the second part of our ama. But first let's talk about what's been going on in the world of fut Around and find out over the last few weeks. Of course, I have to start this episode by saying, one, we.
Speaker 2: Want a hashtag award. We freaking won. We won best News Podcast.
Speaker 1: I want to thank everybody who listen, who watch, who voted.
Speaker 2: We really couldn't do it without y'all.
Speaker 1: Me and As are a static and honestly we were shots, but really thankful that we won.
Speaker 2: And also shout out to.
Speaker 1: Our producers and all those who nominated us, because we can do it out y'all.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was insane.
Speaker 1: There was a whole liked her and Banquet. Shout out to the hashtager war Like Academy. It was a great time and we're so so thankful to be nominated and to win. So that's first. Next in the world of fun Around, to find out Asy's been cooking. She's listen. Every single time I watch her play, it feels like she's getting more and more comfortable on the court. I love seeing her with her team. I love seeing her figure it out. I have enjoyed every second of it. The girl is made for it. Right now, she's on the road and I'm been excited. It's been like back to back road games and stuff like that. She I believe by the time this comes out, she will be heading back home soon, and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to make my way back out to Dallas to be able to.
Speaker 2: See her again for another home game. So we love you, a Zy. Keep it up.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a long season and we're supporting you the whole way. What else is happening in the life of fight around to find out? Oh, if you haven't noticed, I am rocking my New York Knicks merch.
Speaker 2: It has been electric in New York City.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about packed wall to wall every single game. I mean, celebrities are popping out, the athletes from different sports are popping out.
Speaker 2: MSG is lit, the city is lit.
Speaker 1: And you know, by the time this comes out, I'm praying we'll be on the way to Game five. Okay, to finish it off in San Antonio to win it all.
Speaker 2: So shout out to my New York Knicks.
Speaker 1: As y'all know, always supporting my New York teams, So shout out to my Knicks, specifically Jaylen Brunston. He is the captain, he is leading the way. I'm excited to watch them. I mean, those are the two players I'm watching right now, Jaylen Brunston and Asy Fund. I what, it's the best basketball right now, the absolute best basketball, and I'm loving every second of bit.
Speaker 2: And you guys pray for me hopefully.
Speaker 1: You know, I've become a millionaire so I can watch a game at MSG in my lifetime because right now that you've tike, it's like seven thousand dollars. Anyways, that's enough of Knick's basketball. Guys, thank you for tuning in. We're gonna get right into our ama.
Speaker 3: What was your first impression of me? What was the first time that we met? Was it All Star or do we.
Speaker 2: Meet before that, like in person or on the phone? We had we had talked, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But was our first time in person? L Star?
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but sure.
Speaker 3: I think it was like we had maybe crossed pathses for like not as not as like people were like, hey, nice to meet you. Yeah, for sure, Okay. My first impression after the call, it's like, Okay, she's cool. I like her energy, like yeah, I think this could work. And then when I met you in person, I was like, oh my gosh, she's crazy.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 1: My first impression when we got on the phone. First of all, I met your parents first, and they they don't play about you at all, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Whoa, I'm nervous. I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: And then I blink and it's like two hours later and we've been chatting our heads off, and then you get on the call and low key, it's like only part of your face was like.
Speaker 2: On the call, you're like hello.
Speaker 1: So I thought you were like quiet, yeah, just like kind of shy and quiet and then medium. In person, I still thought you were a little bit shy and quiet, but I think that it just takes time.
Speaker 2: And then now I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, she's not shy and quiet, y'all. She's a princess, but she ain't shy and quiet. If we could both go on vacation together, where would we go?
Speaker 2: Somewhere warm?
Speaker 3: Azy, Yeah, we're definitely going somewhere like tropical for sure. I need water at the beach of the pool. Both both okay, period, we're going. Yeah, somewhere tropical on an ocean, an all inclusive resert resort.
Speaker 1: All inclusive reserve. Not for sure when you see an old book, we are. But yeah, definitely somewhere tropical. Yeah, I'm down for anywhere warm. All right, we're going to book it, Azy, What books have you been reading lately?
Speaker 3: I just read Wish You Were Here, which, honestly, well, I wasn't really expecting the twist that kind of caught me up.
Speaker 2: Guard.
Speaker 3: I was so like locked into the island.
Speaker 2: But it's like, what.
Speaker 3: Am I trying to say here? The timeline is right during COVID. So it's like this couple that's plenty a trip, but one is a doctor. It's like the pandemic starting and he's like, oh, I can't leave work, you should still go on the trip. And the girlfriend goes in the trip, and the boyfriend's like writing these letters talking about the pandemic and his experiences, and it's I mean, we all live through it, but it's been so long that I was like, wow, we really lived through this, so that it just brought back memories and I was like, what a terrible.
Speaker 2: Time, like insane.
Speaker 1: We've lived through so many historical events and I was like, terrible, why why us? As soon as we become adults, it's like boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Ah man, that actually sounds really interesting.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of readers on the team. Just on these two trips or these couple of trips, people have had different books. So I kind of brought up the idea of a little book club. So I think that we should start that as season starts. So we'll see if we do one, but that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: I hope we're okay with my light looking like this because this is what we got and it might cut off again.
Speaker 3: Just still a good I don't know, like.
Speaker 2: Thanks good enough, I like not too much. What are some of your favorite hobbies or like past times? I know my sleep, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now I've been struggling with that. So like after shoot around, there's just this awkward amount. I mean it's not awkward, it's like two to three at least hours of time in between when we have to leave or like when I was start getting ready to leave for the game, everyone literally everyone naps and I'm not a napper, So I'm just like the first first game, like I was just laying there staring at the ceiling, like, oh, okay, am I gonna fall asleep the next game, like I went outside, I read a book, I watched some film, Like, I don't know what to do with my time, so you need to teach me how to nap.
Speaker 2: Listen if napping's not your thing.
Speaker 1: What we used to say to like when I was coaching kids, when it was time to like go low energy activities, playing cards, reading a book, getting outside. I think that's cool because you don't want to start napping. And then you get like you try to wake up and you're like extremely drowsy because I feel like you sleep hard.
Speaker 3: I do. And so that's the other thing is that growing up, my dad yelled at me went multiple times, but I was not allowed to nap, and I was not allowed to read before games. When I read, I was in La La Land, I was in Fantasy World, he would tell me. And when I napped, I was asleep and I wasn't awake for the game, And I was like sleepwalking through the court so that like.
Speaker 2: I'm like scared to nap before games.
Speaker 1: Okay, naps and no and no reading, but play cards do something to like challenge your brain.
Speaker 2: We got to XK stuff, Stephen Curry, We'll see. I know he got something. Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: What are some routines, habits or little things you do before games or an everyday life to stay grounded and keep yourself in a good headspace.
Speaker 3: I have a daily devotional I'll read start my morning with that and praying and just like lots of gratitude, like reminding myself all the little things that I have and that are going on in my life, and then reading my Bible, spending time outside like affirmations before games, or even journaling. Journaling helps a lot. I feel like I keep a lot in my head, so being able to write it down as a way to get it out and let it go is also really helpful for me.
Speaker 2: It's awesome therapy and the Bible is what I do for sure.
Speaker 1: Locked in with my therapist and locked in with my word, it gets me right every time.
Speaker 3: M H.
Speaker 2: What is something you've learned to appreciate more this year?
Speaker 3: Lots of things I think those little in between moments, like life is so busy, or at least for me, like I'm always going from one thing to the next, but those little moments in between, it's an interaction with a teammate or someone on staff or like whoever, it is just how important those little moments are and how like to you it might just be you know, you're passing by, but to other people like that could make someone's day if you like stop and say hi to them or just like the little things.
Speaker 2: That's nice, it's beautiful, poetic. What about you?
Speaker 1: Ooh, quality of time with my family Now, while we're mostly from New York, a lot of us have like moved out, lived all over, and so this past year I definitely have had the opportunity to spend more time and fly out and see them, and I just realized how like quickly my nieces and nephews are growing up, or like how much older your grandparents are getting, and so just really appreciating the time that I do have with them, spending that time well with them.
Speaker 2: So I definitely appreciate that more this year.
Speaker 1: I love that who is someone famous that you met that left you starstruck?
Speaker 3: Oh? When we were at the US Open one year, we got to meet a bunch of the Scandal cast. Carrie Washington was not there, but I got to meet mister President. I got to meet fits most of like the main characters, so that was really cool. And I was in the middle of watching the show, so I was like, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: That is super dope.
Speaker 1: I met Michelle Obama and I'm still on cloud nine about that.
Speaker 2: I will not let that go. I wouldn't either. That's valid.
Speaker 1: Thank you the First Lady, my fa First Lady. Dream collab or partnership? What is your dream collab or partnership?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I love all my partnerships now maybe like a jewelry brand, Like I just got a couple of David German bracelets. It's like they're less a little more on the expensive foujie side, but it's like quality at least. So I tell myself that it's an investment if I take care of it, keep track of it, Like it's timeless stuff that I can wear for the rest of my life. Investment piece for sure, and I want to like get better with wearing my jewelry.
Speaker 2: Off the court. Yep, we'll figure it out. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: My dream collabor partnership is Akira because I wear their stuff all the time. So if they want to just go ahead and uh make this a thing, I would love that.
Speaker 3: I support that in my girla please. Okay, favorite playlist to listen to right now? Okay, so I'm an Apple Music girl, but I have Spotify. I've gotten Spotify recently, and I'm really lazy with my music, and Spotify has the best playlists like that'll curate for you based on your listening habits, and so each day it's like a little bit different, but it's all like I've got. It's like a chill R and B one. It's like just a mix of all the stuff I like. So I can click it and it'll a little difer than it was yesterday, but it's the same vibe. And I'll put me on to new music and new artists. So there's like one of my personalized Spotify chill R and B playlists, and that's like my go to.
Speaker 1: I love that he needs to share that I love a good R and B chill vibe, but Spotify.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, maybe I need to come on over just because I'm so bad at making my own playlist. But some people love that. They live for it, and that's awesome. But that's not me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not me either, But I do appreciate the people who do do it, because send that over, please.
Speaker 2: No exactly.
Speaker 3: This segment of Committed to Care Women, Health and Sports is presented by United Healthcare. When people hear training, they usually think one thing. Work, sweating, lifting, running early mornings, cracking an egg and drinking out of a glass. And yeah, that's part of it, everything except the egg. I'm more of a cottage cheese person. But training isn't just about working hard. It's about working right. I could go in the gym and just do a bunch of random stuff for two hours and be like, yeah, I trained today, But that doesn't mean I actually got better. Maybe I just lifted a bunch of stuff that I didn't even need to lift. Real training is intentional, it's specific, it's structured, and most importantly, it's guided. I'm not out here just making this up as I go. I've got Carl, shout out Carl, and our whole strength and conditioning team with the wings, and trust me, they have a plan. I might walk in thinking I know what kind of day it is, and Carl comes in with something completely different, and I'm like, okay, cool, love that for me. But that's the point, because good training isn't always what you feel like doing, it's what you need to be doing. Having people who understand that, who understand your body, your game, your goals changes every because they aren't guessing. They're paying attention to the details, how you're moving, how your body is responding, where you're strong, where you need work, and they build around that. So every lift, every rep, every session actually connects. It's not random, it's a part of something bigger. That's when it really clicks, when it stums feeling like a checklist and it starts feeling like a system where everything is working together to help you show up better because again, behind every athlete there's a team, and the best teams they're aligned, they're communicating, they're focused on the same goal. Nobody's just doing their own thing. And that idea doesn't just apply to sports, it applies to your health to because the truth is training isn't one size fits all, and especially not for women. We're still closing the gap on what that really looks like. Our bodies are different our needs are different. For a long time, a lot of approaches haven't fully reflected that, and you feel it when things aren't tailored to you. When something technically works but doesn't actually fit your body, your rhythm, your situation, that's where things start to break down. So that's why I partnered with United health Care to help highlight those real gaps that exist when it comes to women's health, training, and performance. Because taking care of yourself shouldn't feel like you're piecing together a bunch of random information from different places. That's exhausting. It should feel coordinated, it should feel personal. It should feel like everything's being built around you. That's something United Healthcare is focused on helping connect you with a team of healthcare professionals who are actually looking at the full picture. It feels like there's a plan, like your care is being built around you, not the other way around. That's the commitment to care making sure your health is approached in a way that actually fits your life and supports you in a way that makes sense. When that happens, when your health and your training are both built around you, everything works better together. You're supported, and that's really what this comes down to, not just putting in work, but making sure what you're doing actually works for you, because that's where real progress happens. This segment is presented by United Healthcare United Healthcare Committed to Care.
Speaker 2: Are you in bed by ten pm? Or scrolling till three am?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Not scrolling till three am. Actually I have been in bed so early. My wake ups have been early, so like two days ago, my orderings that I was asleep by ten thirteen, which, if you know me, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, I am proud of you because I'm scrolling till about one am and then I'm gonna go to sleep.
Speaker 3: That's such a bad habit. That's crazy because you don't need to Your brain doesn't need all that information before you go to bed, like you're trying to wind down exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't not wrong. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Speaker 3: I would say I'm in is it introverted extrovert? Extroverted introvert? Like I'm an introvert, but like I have like a little bit more like I'm not truly just an introvert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would, So, I think when you're both it's called ambivert. But I think you're introverted until you really get to know someone, and then you're extroverted. So I don't know what that's called a extroverted introvert.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You can Yeah, you're an extrovert for sure.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I could be both. You're an extrovert. I am an extrovert.
Speaker 1: But there are days when I do feel more introverted, and that's fair, and I feel bad because I just don't be wanting to talk or whatever, and people are like, what's wrong, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Which I don't.
Speaker 3: That annoys me for you because just because you know, you're like, you're allowed to have a day too.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like, can I just chill? Can I just chill? Okay?
Speaker 1: I don't know this answer, but it's basically asking what are your star signs?
Speaker 2: I only know that I'm a tourist. I'm not really into stars signs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a scorpio, but that's all I know. I don't really follow that either.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear the answer to this, y'all. Next question text or FaceTime?
Speaker 3: FaceTime?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Never text?
Speaker 1: Actually, azy, will you be bringing back vlogs on your YouTube?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, like back in the day, Wow, that was great.
Speaker 3: Never say never.
Speaker 2: I would love to see that day in a life. Come on, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Good luck, y'all, sho good luck. I don't know what to tell y'all. Follow her on Instagram. If you could switch lives with one w NBA player for a day, who would it.
Speaker 2: Be and why? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You go first Maya Moore while she was playing, and not not for a day, for her whole career. Oh my goodness, because I would love to see for her own lens, like what it takes to be that great.
Speaker 3: It's also my goat, so it's easy. That would be really cool. I think I would go with Cheryl Swoops mm hmm. She was the first the first number one pick and the NBA Draft. She was actually at the draft. We had a chance to talk to her and listen to her and ask her some questions. But I think that'd be so cool, like to hear her story how she was all set to go back to school with I think to be a lawyer, she'd said, and then the w started and she was like, oh, like okay, maybe I would join and kind of see what this is about, like what And she's probably the greatest of all time and like paved the way for all of us. So I think that would be really cool to kind of start and then to be able to look back and see how much the game has grown and how much of that is because of her.
Speaker 2: That's fire that I agree girl. I want to be her on a draft.
Speaker 1: All right, last question, Azy, do you still play your iPad smurf skame or what games are you onto now?
Speaker 3: I actually do face my, but I am looking for new games. So if you have any rugs, let me know. I just recently ordered a PS five, so don't ask me. Oh my gosh, we play Fortnite together? Yes, I have a love Oh yeah, dream collab Fortnite, a Fortnite skin.
Speaker 1: Oh actually, oh Princess Fortnite skin.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I could hit my own emo bro.
Speaker 2: That'd be so cool. Yeah, that'll be fire.
Speaker 3: All right. Well that is a wrap on today's episode of Thutter Around and find Out. Thank you guys so much for listening and watching. Don't forget to write review. Subscribe to futter Around and find Out wherever you get your podcasts, and we'll see you all next week. Futter Around and find Out is a production of iHeart Women's Sports and Damis Media. Executive producers are Jesse Kasts, Eric Payton, Charla Sumter Brugette and Stephen Curry. Co executive producer is Kleana Maria Cutney. Producers are Mike Costcarelli, Grace Ughs and Mackenzie Fitzpatcher, and co producers are Kurt Redmand, Maya Howard and Jacquelin Schoeninger. This podcast is edited by Mike Costcarelli and hosted by me Aisy Fudd and Ashaunty Plummer.