Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Players Lounge here on a Thursday, going into a Sunday game. Short week for the Cowboys that go take on the Washington Commanders up at Bedex Field. Come on in the Players Lounge with heck Ma Harrison, former Cowboys safety Barry Church. I'm knew he scrugs. This show was brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 3: Get it all for Thursday Thursday, beautiful weatherson Here at the Star, Cowboys are outside practice, get ready for the.
Speaker 2: For the game up there. Good unders, good luck to all the Cowboy fans rolling on up there. The FedEx Field seats won't be as easy to get this time. That's something in love with their team again, right?
Speaker 3: What was the It's not a pig, but what what their mascot?
Speaker 2: What is his name again? Commanded Sergeant Tuddy's still a big that's still a thing, right, So right? I think I don't know what new management I don't know, Major, I don't know. That was embarrassing shirts and all. So Major Tuddy is a pig and that's a take off the old Hogs. The offensive line, you're you're young. You was the offensive line with the Hogs. It was Jeff Bostick the center. You had Joe Jacobe at right tackle. Russ Grimm was guard there. Uh, George Stark was on the line. Was Riggs winning? Yes, he was? The Super Bowl SEVENTEENFL films, Yes, yes, yes, chip right, seventy chip right. I want to get by history right, let me hit the NFL films. I remember watching that. I remember watching that game. David Woodley was the quarterback for the Miami Dolphins that day. Game was at the Rose Bowl and Miami was leading, and then the second half they come back. It's a fourth down play they ran seventy chip gate a ball to John Riggins, and the whole thing was that, Hey, John, if they run the play right, Rigo should be left one on one with a defensive back and Joe Bugle. At the time, the offensive line coach on the NFL film said, look, if there's a defensive back against John Riggins, No, but defensive back of the league should be able to handle him. Sure enough, d Bat came up there, stiff arm boom, Rigo goes right down there and runs it in and the next thing you know, they go win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Did They always used to have, you know, daytime Super Bowls back then. That feel like every time I watched NFL films, it's like it was during the date, the entire day, like the game was over by like.
Speaker 2: Five or something like that. Well, this game was the Rose Bowls, so those are going to start start around five and then the dust comes down, settles over the San Gabrielle Mountains and so that game ended at night. But yeah, a lot like the Raider of Super Bowl in Super Bowl eleven, which is the Rose bull that was during the day. But that was a different NFL. Yeah, you know, this is this is not that. This is not the This is the NFL that was behind, way behind baseball and boxing. It was it was trying to make its way up to the climate. It's not the NFL today where you are running the whole day around whatever it is you want to do. That's different, man, It's different. It's different times. But that was the first to Joe Gibbson's three Super Bowls in Washington and with three different quarterbacks. But yes, the Hogs were something, believe it or not. You know, heck, you don't remember this church. Are you surprised if they don't have anybody in the Hall of Fame off that offensive line?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I mean you talk about the running game that they had with Rigo back then in how big the Hogs were during the eighties. To consu or that gibbs and those championship runs, that's that's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: That's the ones that did the little high five day. Thank God for NFL. I remember that time they did in Texas Stadium in zone Everson Walls. Then I'm not doing that. Not doing that in here, buds. That's that is the beauty of what what that used to be when they were both good.
Speaker 4: What's your top three nicknames for a group like you had? The fun Bunch was the Hogs.
Speaker 2: You know, there's still Curtains, Saxonville gotta be up there. The Jackson five, you know, Purple, the Purple People leaders, the Fearsome Forsome. That's a good one, l As Fearsome Foursome. You know, what were the Bears, Monsters, the Midway, Doomsday around here, leading boom, leading boom. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I'm love it when everything starts with you, like Kobe.
Speaker 2: Sax and Saxonville. Ain't the top Saxonville in the time, top five? Got's five? Okay, let me let me the Jackson five. Come on. First of all, let me let.
Speaker 4: Me help you out what you got?
Speaker 2: The names we have? These are people have these things called rings. That's the first thing you are just going on. You need to get you a ring up in here to get your name. What you mean the greatest show on turf? Ring you got you can? You have a name and.
Speaker 3: Championshire great defense one time, one year, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Great no name defense. I mean they want to super Bowls with.
Speaker 6: No name, right, Saxophville saying, okay, so so so disrespect But did you all set the sack record?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Before what's the name? Blew it out? I think the Eagles destroyed because we had I think it was fifty five or fifty six. Yeah, no ring, no ring. That's facts. That is means, so you gotta you want a nickname and then and then your your team's your team's still young. But you also need some Hall of famers on it, you know, the fears and force, the man hall of famers. Purple People leaders didn't win a ring, but they went to four Super Bowls. They had some hall of fame. I mean, you got it. It's like what you're bringing on the Purple People. Heaters ain't handla ring. No, those four super Bowls. You gotta have a Hall of Famer or the rings. Rings all right, might get in there. We'll see, we'll see, we'll see he biking up. Hey. The way they letting people in the hall these days, no wishould say.
Speaker 3: The way they are keeping people out of the days they put Joe Cleco.
Speaker 2: In the Hall of Fame. I don't even know who that is, thank you, okay, Joe Cleco. I'm just like, well, what are we doing, guys? What're doing? I mean that new That New York bias is hard.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I know people complaining about the Dallas bias, but man in New York bias is bad. I always tell people you have a the Dallas bias. You think you're still talking about cowboys who've won rings and cowboys who were part of a dominant usually team of the seventies or guys that were talking about putting in here were teams in the nighties. They're talking about some busters off the street. Joe, they didn't win those super bowls. I'm sorry, you know what, this is the time where I get.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: He had he angry, right, we didn't have sniggers and everything else. But okay, see, I would love to have coffee with your uncle Joe Green and eight. You know Joe Joe cleco in your day. No, no, no, he wasn't he the best player on that own defense. Mark Gastono was the best player on the Jet defense and just went nothing. But I think the most suggested might have gone to an AFSC championship game. I think that you got by Miami. But I mean we're not talking about no great I the Hall of Fame. Man about dudes hey I mentioned in Boom. I mean like, yeah, that guy, that guy. So you ain't a fan like of in on his.
Speaker 3: Don't see see that's we're not five hundred quarterbacks, five.
Speaker 2: Hundred quarterback Waite a couple five one hundred, five hundred.
Speaker 3: Do you not think he's getting in though? Look yes or no? Do you think he's not getting in?
Speaker 2: I think that once again the New York push Gary Myers, who used to work down here. Gary Myers is very big. He was very instrumental in getting Joe Klecko in. And now one of the things they talk about in the Hall of Fame in Canton is there's these, I must say, like a political drive for guys where they're out there trying to push these people and they're trying to get other players to talking about like they went out there and got people like Anthony Munio's great offensive tackles to talking about how tough it was to block Joe Clecko. No, but this is what they're doing now. So so Rodney Harrison, love Rodney Harrison, Rodney Harrison, fantastic safety. They go get a guy like Bill Belichick to help him out. When Everson Wallas was up there, they went to Belichick and they went to Parcels, Hey, what can you tell us about Everson Walls. So there's campaigns now to try to get guys in. And depending on who's your presenter. Okay, so if Heckman's in the Hall of Fame, there's gonna be somebody in the Dallas market who presents Hecman. And they stood up here and they say, hey, this is that some of the people who are presenters now, they are doing blitzes all year long. They're offering up zoom calls with the player and former coaches. They are really trying to sell this thing. Pay ye el. And then when you have certain presenters who will go into I'll call it the sympathy card. Sam Mills, god Rest, Sam Mills, soul Phield Mouse. Sam Mills was on the final ballot, and one of the pushes was, hey, man, look, if you don't vote Sam Mills in now on this modern ballot, he gets kicked. He gets kicked over to the seniors committee. Then you never know because they're taking one senior year versus taking taking five modern day guys. And so here is basically what it came down to, DeMarcus Ware versus Sam Mills. And one of the voters that I know very well said he leaned more towards a player in the final year of eligibility, knowing that the other player, d Ware, still has multiple shots at getting in.
Speaker 4: So Zam never got to that senior where he because they put Sam in.
Speaker 2: It was it was the LA super Bowl. Sam Mills got in. D Ware did not he got in the next year, and so it was if you just sit who had a better career? We got him on a bout, We got Sam Mills on the ballot, we got de wear on the ballot. Who's better career? Dark the Marcus Ware Super Bowl champion sack All. But that was the politics it gets played. So when you talk about Eli Manning, there's a push from the New York people say, well, you know what, Eli won two Super Bowls against Bill Belichick and prevented Belichick's team from from an undefeated season. Now won those playoff games? I was there? Some runs? Yeah, run too? Pure Pierre after read this, Hey, hey, Jim Plunkett had two runs with Raiders. He did, Yes, he did at two run too?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, I mean Joe Flago had a run he did. You know, Cats have some runs. Now it's like we sit run. Eli was a five on the quarterback man. He let the league get picked. I think that was the only thing he led the league. He never I don't he's never made All Pro. No on MVP, what do we do? Ken Anderson? Who you two younger? Remember Ken Anderson won an MVP led Cincinnati Super Bowl lost to the forty nine ers. But you talk about looking at a dude who went out there and bald and played, was in Cincinnati too, that guy. That guy has a resume for the Hall of Fame, but he's not getting in, but because well he played for the Giants. Eli Nah, bro, no, No, that's not Hall of Fame, that's Hall of very good.
Speaker 4: So my thing with the singing thing, so if you don't make it in the ballots, your time is up. You go to this group of singers and only one per year, So I think, why, why why I even pool from that like that group of people. Why can't I just be like, man, you just didn't make it. No, because what you what you'd like to do and you want to do. And they do this in baseball as well. They want to say, you know what, man, we made a mistake.
Speaker 2: You were overlooked. For instance, Everson Walls has the resumeated B one, but he wasn't on the ballot for years. And from my knowledge of talking to people that the folks didn't and the Dallas were there, the media didn't do enough to say, hey, put this guy on the ballot. He won a Super Bowl with the Giants, and parcels, and I got like Gary Myers who covered the Cowboys and Everson Wallas and also covered the Giants. You know, it's like they they didn't put him up. Dallas spokes put him up, and he spend most of his time here. He had one ballot at the end, and unlike Sam Mills, nobody said, hey man, this is ever since last shot man, we need to go ahead and take care of He didn't get in, but you look at the numbers of people who are in the Hall, it's really shameful that he's not even in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor for how great of a player he is. It's tough, but you damn near need a champion now.
Speaker 3: Man, how do you feel how do you feel about the media ultimately or reporters and guys like that being the final say. If guys make it to the Hall instead of it actually coming from a pool of players or a pool of Hall of famers, are guys that played with those guys during those times, Because even when you talk about the senior members that game, maybe some of the guys that even played with them, that could even vouch for them, are no longer. I don't want to say around, but they're just not there to even back them up to the way that you would back up a dewear.
Speaker 2: They have some players now, they do have the community does have some players on there and to coach, so that has changed. They they they've widened it, but it's still the majority of the media. Look going to the baseball Okay, a different sport, but people, guys will tell you the seniors on baseball they the hardest ones on the players, much more tougher than the media. There were a bunch of like that dude didn't do enough here. I mean they are hard, softality, little you know, a little little personal beast and all that. I mean they baseball dudes are the hardest guys around. Man Is Rolls never gonna be able to get in. That's a hold up, don't go, don't go. The whole different. But it is it just because of the betting or his numbers won't even because of it? Yes, because of the betting, but no, no, no, there's no no. It's the cardinal sin of baseball. Back in nineteen nineteen, they almost shut the sport down because they were cheated. It was a scandal. Okay, so these numbers were cheating. No, no, no, no, no, I'm just telling what they did the sport. Okay, they rigged the World Series got rigged. Okay, they shut the sport down. So they instituted a thing that basically said, there's no betting on baseball. It's in every locker room, everywhere you go. Rule number one. Don't gamble on this game. You gamble on this game, you get put out for life. Pete Rose did it? Gone for life? Put him in the Hall of Fame. No, they said, you broke the rule. Now, certain people said, well, man, what he did as a player doesn't matter. You are a manager, and if anything, to me as a manager, that made it even more damn So he was he was betting when he was a manager, not a player. Yes, oh well to our knowledge, yes, that's what he's admitted to and that's what that is, what the facts showed. But as a manager, okay, So Barry, you're you're my reliever, all right, So I pitched you three days in a row. You probably need a four day off, but damn it, I just bet this game, Barry. I need you to go. On my arm tired, I need you to go. You can get hurt people. A man you always bet his team to win, and so you can't mess with the integrity of the game like that. The steroids that becomes Actually, I heard that was what kept Rodney Harrison no, because Rodney admitted he did it, so that that kept him out. But I ain't mm hm so so we'll see. But but at the end of the day, this is a sport that forever in the day, everybody it's like they look the other way. In baseball, they still use it against people in the NFL. Will see, but there's a lot of dudes juiced up in the league.
Speaker 3: But you know, I think the Barry Bonds cases that what you're talking about. The McGuire's McGuire, yeah, Sosa is none of the Roy guys got in. That's tough. And to me, you're talking about a guy that was doing it before all the scandal. So and Barry career before Hall of Fame career, before the whole steroids.
Speaker 2: Seven MV before he started before that. Yeah, so what Bonds ban you you in Pittsburgh, you know you were a baby did what years did he playing? I won't worry about it when you're saying when you talk about if you ever did your Hey, who you're starting nine fairy Bonds is in that conversation. You're starting nine best players in baseball history. He's in the conversation, like all around, he was just a great hitter, but all around five to play. He could do it. He could throw, he could hit, he could run. The dude was a monster. Man, he was a monster. And I'll say this. You know, you can talk about the steroids all day long, and people do because they definitely have the ball go further. But you still got to hit him hand. You're watching that dude. Take Greg Maddox. Now, there's a video if you go look it up on social media. It's fantastic. It's Greg Maddox and Barry Bonds talking about in it back Greg maddics is one to be best pictures we've ever seen. And the chess match between them and Bond's beats it and he's like, yeah, you can't come into the wheelhouse two times and just he's a tremendous hitter and just a fantastic player. But the Hall of Fame right now, and Darren Woodson to the Cowboys is up one more time. This is Las Go No, No, It's not the last go. But you know, Wood, he's up against Rodney Harris. It's very hard to get safeties in defensive there's more offensive players and defensive players, and defensive backs have tougher times to get in. So it's going to be a challenge to see where it goes. I mean, when they started asking like so to Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells had heavy sway with the heavy sway, Belichick is definitely down for Ridney Harris. But then this is where you kind of come back and you hope with Jimmy Johnson and the Troyman and you know, people like that, and then I wish you, I wish you take two safeties. But when you get into the room like that, Dave will just take one here, will take one there. Adam Vinattieri's up. You know, clutch kicker. When you talk about greatest kickers of all time, if you ain't calling his name, it ain't gonna take long until you get to it. Clutch kicks super bowls and everything on two Super Bowls with different teams. I mean, so where do you go but he's the first time or do you make him a first ballot guy? Do you make him wait? Because some people view. I hear the word first ballot a lot, and I just don't believe that's the case for a lot of players.
Speaker 3: How many get in with five a time, five ago usually, but Darren Wilson not being in it's been upsetting for the organization.
Speaker 2: People that don't remember Darren Wilson.
Speaker 3: It's not enough to say how good he was coming out of college a linebacker converted to safety. I mean the way did he fit into an already good defense. He was the piece, Like he was that one guy that you could put down in the box and you knew exactly what Darren Wilson was going to do.
Speaker 2: That is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like his ability like stretch, the fit, leverage, all the things that he played with Barry, like come on, and it gets to the point it's like what else did he need to do? What else did he need to add to his career that would have made it any better? You've seen guys. When Steve Atwater got in to me, I was like, Woody, that's a rat, because you were thinking like either one eight, one B one of those guys would have to go first. But when Atwater went in, it was almost like guaranteed we would see Darren Woodson go in.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad you mentioned it. And this is the other part of the game behind the game. Steve Atwater went in, and there's always been a contingent. And I know some of the guys from Denver who feel like they've never been able to get the proper representation for their franchise. And Steve was on the two Super Bowl teams. Great player at his time, he was the heck of a safety man. He was a really good player, and it was kind of like, hey man, we need to start getting our guys in. Randy Gratishar got in last year to young remember you remember Grandy Gratishar was a part of that Orange Crush defense played the first Super Bowl to Bowl twelve did the Cowboys beat very good player. And they had been trying to get Randy in for years and they felt there was a bias folks in Minnesota will Tape man, there's a bias that we're not getting people in. And now those folks and this is where Woody gets hurt. They feel like there has been an overload of Cowboys getting in, like these guys are always getting in and he is going to start to pay the price for some of that because they're like, how many how many cowboys keep getting in? You're putting in intomarcus where you're putting in a Everson, Drew Pearson, you put in a clip Harris. I mean, you start to look at the last ten years for cowboys that got in. People have issues, and that stuff gets used against you. Believe me, they start horse trading these boats.
Speaker 3: But guys, those guys that you just mentioned Harris and Pearson, they had to wait, They had to wait.
Speaker 2: And these were guys we're talking about Darren Woodson, these.
Speaker 3: Other guys that had to wait, that were really, really good, that had to wait until the two thousands to get in.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying you're wrong, Okay, for for for Drew Pearson to be first team on nineteen seventies and wait like that. Then when they had the expanded list and they gonna throw Harold Carmichael in before him and Harold Carmichael's second team, that's wild, but they made it right. But I'm just telling you, in that room, there's that kind of stuff there. And then you started looking at some of the names. Antonio Gates is on this list. He Toyo Gates. He was a guy that's a Hall of Fame. Yeah yeah, so so so he wasn't first battle, but then you know he ain't. Wow no, so so right there, that's five. That's now four, right, Yeah, you think he's there for sure. I mean, you know, it's it's a heck of a list. It always is. Heines Ward, hines Ward's super Bowl MVP. Does heines Ward get out?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: James Harrison, former NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Basically, man, if your NFL defenseivevie, they don't even put you in there, it's gonna be an NBA MVP, You're gonna get in the Basketball Hall of Fame. That's true. James is a two time Super Bowl champion. Defense played at me hard to keep people like that out? What was different? How?
Speaker 3: How is what was different? But man, I don't see a career like that, a career like that. It's hard to speak on the guy.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm talking about is Woody, you know, and and that. And we're talking about Woody. It's that thing. And you're also bringing in these other people as well, because first off, you know the list, it's a. It's an impressive list of guys. I mean, you got some guys, man, You've got some some serious, nice, beautiful James Harrison. So so you got you got Eric, Allen, Jared. You know what, Let's get our first broke, our first break here, come back. I'll give you some of the names. Some of them you know very well. Uh and you probably you think you play with a couple of these guys too. So I'm just giving you your first thoughts and be like, you know, I want to give you your first reaction. Yes, no, yes, no, Barry the former players do that with hec Ma Harrison, Barry Church of News Schrits. This is players last bought you by Aristocrat Gaming. Oh, Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 8: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling helpline at one eight hundred gambler that twenty eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 7: Prescott kitsch it slid for the first down.
Speaker 9: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars or plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 8: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the players Lounge. Cowboy Nation is time to get the giving season going. Tune in to see country music music star Laney Wilson and special guests performed during the Salvation Army's annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community in the community to provide help and hope for those in need. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Giants and Laney Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at this Salvation Army dot org.
Speaker 2: You know any of Landy Wilson songs that everything doesn't come off the top of the nogging right now.
Speaker 4: But I mean, if I heard something, youngsters, man, I might be able to say something.
Speaker 2: But you know, he be waiting on you to tell us. Laney Wilson Yah see on the CMA Awards, some kind of Country music Awards, Chris rapaom off real fast. He did come through. She's a new hotness.
Speaker 10: Good luck to his Female Vocalist of the Year last night.
Speaker 2: Really, what happened to carry Underwood? She didn't get in. She went in only carry What's wrong with Wilson? Didn't win nothing?
Speaker 10: Who Wilson's pretty good?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 10: Were those two ladies as good as they are were not nominated?
Speaker 2: The chicks weren't nominated. They band. You're a bandon they are a band? You guys band there for country, they're a band. Okay, okay, all right, there you got it. Checking Natalie Main she like a singer. Those he had solo albums up. So all right, thank you, Chris being for that country music moment brought to you by No One plays Out, brought to you by aristocrat Gaming Berry Church from the Cowboys, Safety Hector Harrison and New he Scruggs. We're here with with you cowboys taking on the Commander's Sunday with junior revenge games the DC. He gonna be downing up, trust me, but back here, yes he comes. Look out, remember the Titans on him. All right. So we were talking about the Hall of Pro Football, Hall of It, and here you're here, are your your semi finals? All right? They're fighting for five spots, Okay. Eric Allen former UH former defensive back, Jared Allen, former defensive player, Willie Anderson now standing off to tackle, and Kwan Bolden, the receiver who spent a lot of years with the Ravens and Cardinals. Jarry Evans, super Bowl winner with the Saints. Austin Antonio Gates, fantastic player with the charge the tight end, Bridney Harrison, former defensive Player of the Year, two Super Bowl wins with the Steelers, Rodney Harrison to Super Bowls with the Patriots, and safety Tory Hult super Bowl champion with the greatest show on turf of the Rams. Luke Keighley, former defensive player and UH fantastic line Carol you doing what do you do? He played like seven year He ended it quick. Luke had a shorter career. Was he the player of the year, Yes, he was. Eli Manning two times Super Bowl champion. Robert Mathis defensive end and Super Bowl champion with the Colts. Steve Smith Jr. Played in a Super Bowl with Carolina. They ended up losing to Rodney Harrison's Patriots team. Terrell Suggs super Bowl champion, two times Super Bowl champion year right, No, I don't know, but definitely one of the greatest sackers of all time. Fred Taylor outstanding running back out of Jacksonerville that a lot of people think because he played in Jacksonville is not given his just Duke. We talk about safeties, You want to talk about a safeties really got some amazing credentials. It is Earl Thomas who was with the leagues in the boom, played it to Super Bowl. He was a fan folastic safety. Adam benet Tieri. Some people say the greatest field goal kicker of all time. Heinz Warden super Bowl winner and Super Bowl MVP super forty That is Ricky Waters won Super Bowls with the forty nine ers. Uh very Richmond Webb outstanding offensive from Roosevelt High School they played at played for the Dolphins, Vince Wilford, another super Bowl champion with the Page. They are packed. It's gonna be tough. Oh my goodness. Steve Wisnowski outstanding offensive lineman with the Raiders, Darren Woodson uh three times super Bowl champion with the Cowboys. And Marshall Jandon, a former super Bowl champion with the with the Ravens. I mean, Tony is already in. Tony's already in. That's Fred's tackle. Reggie Wayne, you know another great player. You know, just it's hard. I mean, you know what, Wayne Man.
Speaker 4: The greatest showan territory and there Isaac's in there, right man, There's a lot of names on the run.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm kind of torn, and you only can take five.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of torn, man, because like I don't know, because what's the name made in there yet?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Sterling? Sharp Sterling is not and Shannon is in Sterling by the way, we're talking about Sucks two times Super Bowl Champion, defensive players and Defensive Rookie of the Year. Sizzles a fantastic player, man, you know it's Earl Thomas is going to be a fascinating It's gonna be a tough one fascinating discussion because when you're talking about the safeties between Rodney, Harrison, Woody and Earl Thomas, you know.
Speaker 4: Earl's got the least of the Super Bowl wins, least of the Super Bowl wins, most controversy off the field, but you're talking.
Speaker 2: About Pro Bowl just the Pro Bowls, I mean the rolls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the presence that he was on the field, Like you got to take a lot of that off the field stuff and just put in between the white lines.
Speaker 2: He was that it was mashup nightmare.
Speaker 3: Got a great tackle even though he was under considered undersized a little bit.
Speaker 2: He was Yeah, he was a thumper.
Speaker 4: He was real man and he had he was a part of one of those defenses that had that name, that nickname. Well, I know Woodson was in part of those three Super Bowls, but were any of those defenses like man, the first defense was in Super Bowl twenty seven. That was the number one defensive.
Speaker 2: Lake so they had Okay, so he was part of a cold defense.
Speaker 4: So that's gonna be that safety room. It's gonna be tucking. Rodney was cold and was it San Diego?
Speaker 2: Well he was doing then he went to the Patriots and got the man like he was. He was cold man, and so that's you know, so that and then you got, like I want to say, Earl Thomas is all decade, I think you Woody. Woody was not All first team all decade. I every think Butler got that ahead of him. So I mean, these are you going, You're gonna have to start to dive into the Okay, all decades, all pros, and that's where I look at what I look at just when you start to go to that next level. Eli Manning, it's no way he makes it. Yeah, five hundred record, no, no, no all Pros, no MVPs. You had two great playoff runs. They were good, but two great playoff runs to put Jim plugge it in with the Raiders. Yes, Eli, super Bowling. It's it's going to be a fascinating conferensation when I'm talking about it.
Speaker 4: It's Keithley though, y'all just for sure, like you know, first ballad boom, he's in there.
Speaker 2: I know he was nice. Not with this list, Yes, that's what I'm saying. I know he was unreal. And if he.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't have got, you know, the concussion problems, he probably would probably still be playing out here putting up unreal numbers.
Speaker 2: Stop. But do you think he's the first mass Stop?
Speaker 9: Was that boy?
Speaker 2: He was like he was cold?
Speaker 11: He was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm talking about this as a tackler, sideline in telling his football I Q all around. He was a He's a mad man. He was somebody you had to He was just so disruptive.
Speaker 2: You come up.
Speaker 3: You couldn't even get your running game going with Luke Keickley on the field.
Speaker 2: Bro, here's maybe this, Maybe I'll make it better for you this way. Luke Keickley was what Seawan Lee. He's more a little healthier Sail is a Sean Lee is a b Luke Keiley is in a when you talk about what that kind of play, and we saw what Sean Lee meant here with Sean Lee wasn't but it was problem so thinking he's a B player, Luke Kegley's a player. Yeah, and and played in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 10: I mean good.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, Luke was fantastic player. I mean so. But the conversation first time, that's what with this many guys here, I think it's going to be hard. Knowing we talked about it before. We're guys out here on the list, how how how long do they have to wait? It may be a tough call for Luke Keigley to get in there based.
Speaker 4: On he reminds me of the process career wise. Who had a real short one but it's in the hall now?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 2: Patrick Willis? Yeah, who had a short career. He's a Terrell Davis, Davis short career. You know, I was there when when when when TD went in and I had many conversations with him about that as well. It's it's a challenge, man, it's a challenge. So Luke Keigley defensive Player of the Year in twenty twelve, I mean, I mean twenty defensive player of the Year in twenty thirteen. He was the Rookie of the Year in twenty twelve. Think about that back the rookie next year. I'm gonna be I'm gonna win the whole thing. That's pretty wilds. But you want some guys to be around me here? Yeah yeah, but yeah, so so it's it's I just think it's going to be a challenge for him to uh to get in. But at some point in time, you know, pretty much, man, if you went defensive player you're getting You're going to get a gold jacket. You got it. It becomes the win. And with this list of guys, there's certain people and I know who vote in the room, like hey man, if this guy had to wait, this would need to wait. So so like I said, yeah, man, is this is this Woody's last real life? Like no, no, no shot. But because the next when does Tom come up? When is Tom?
Speaker 4: He's and he still got like I think three years, still got three. I think he got to years left.
Speaker 10: And I understand by the way Willis was not a first bout Hall of Famer. You realize that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Patrick was. Patrick Rakowski's is about to start coming around. So it starts to becoming We saw this when Michael Irvan was going. It becomes a line and then it becomes how do you break the line. For a while it was the line of receivers. So was it's like Chris Carter and Andre Reed and Tim Brown and Michael Irban and Brown was like the last you do to get in. He was hot because he was like, man, I'm a return guy too. So so you start looking at the safety room right now. Okay, So if you if you're looking at you. You're looking at three safties, so it's likely you will only take one between and you're lucky because it's no corner, so over corners. So who's the one? Is it Earld Thomas? Is it Woody? Is it Rodney Harrison? Then you got Sherman about to start start coming around corner. But right now we're just looking safe. Said you got three safeties that you say, hey man, all these guys, if you're only choosing one, I mean you.
Speaker 3: Got them, Woody, Woody, come home, stop playing. Yeah he got more super Bowls?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do they do?
Speaker 2: They take the numbers into and I saying, then this is the thing and I've got to go look at Okay, so hecknan, we can look at super Bowls. Now, let's go look at all decade. Let's go look at number of all pros and Pro Bowls, you know those other things that come in there. And then just ultimately too it comes out, who is if HECMA is making the case for Barry Church, how convincing and how good is Hecma's case. Because we're at the end, So Hecman's going to present and then we all go sit around here. We're gonna dicuss. We go shoot as many holes in there as we can. But he's got to do this job to show us what way this is what you may not know what wood he did that that that that that that that that that that's that becomes convincing. You were trying to convince someone of why So you mean that someone on the counter poking holes in why you shouldn't make it? Yes a man Oh, I already know somebody right now is ready to go to war, Like who's the person that's poking holes in it? Yeah? No, they ready to go to war against against Eli Manning. I'll say this, and I don't know who is doing the presentation for Darren Woodson, but the guy you always wanted to go in there for you was Rick Guys. He was with the one of his Rick Gouson had a hell of a rate of getting people in the hall. He knew how to make some great arguments. It's pretty good stuff. I got a Phine break in here are here on the players dot Com. First got to play Nickel. Hey, Danny mccraige here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 5: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track school with new COCOMs, Movie bows only a Smoothie Ky, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 2: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 12: Crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop, slash Hugo, Boss, Quego, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag Beer Own Boss.
Speaker 7: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 2: Rule one.
Speaker 7: Any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable Cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge. Celebrate the holiday season in at and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: Get your tour of the home of the Dallas Cowboys, plus your photo with Santa and Missus Claus from December tenth. From me from December tenth through the fourteenth. Limited inventory is available. Secure your tickets today at AT and T Stadium dot com slash chores.
Speaker 2: All right, Brandon Cooks could play this weekend. Brandon Cooks is available. Ceedee Lamb is out there. Take ferguson. Don't expect him to play a schoolmaker out there. We feel about the past game still gonna be, It's gonna be now. It's gonna be tough, man.
Speaker 4: I mean, because you look at the offensive line at that point and who's available on the offensive line. If you're talking about Zach Martin maybe out and Tyler Smith, who's you know, your best offensive line may be best offensive player.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tough, especially going against a guy like DQ. And we know what he loves to do. He loves to run those games.
Speaker 4: He loves to confuse the offensive lineman out there, and he has the pieces to do so.
Speaker 2: I know the one Bamba boy, he ain't gonna be playing. But you still got foul on the outside.
Speaker 4: You still got uh I was Dora's armstrong on the outside, and you still got belief, sweat, not not sweating out.
Speaker 2: He gone right.
Speaker 4: You got some cats over there either way, So whoa they better jaws some stuff to get the handball out of a Cooper rush hands pretty fast. But from Cooks, I'm getting back out there. I gotta put that tape out. You gotta put that tape out there. I'm trying to get another deal.
Speaker 3: You look at those games, those Pittsburgh games, and what Pittsburgh did is they didn't change their DNA at all. They met, they put that line of scrimmage together and they ran at this defense. They knew exactly how to get the win. That's the one thing that you say about this Cowboys team. If they pull out the win, it's gonna be the ultimate team victory because gonna it's gonna take everybody to get this done. The running game has been non existent through ten weeks, and the only way that you could beat this.
Speaker 2: Team literally is to run the ball.
Speaker 3: You throw the ball fifty five times in this game versus Washington, it's gonna be a disaster. Like somebody's gonna gem. It's gonna be a disaster because that's the way that the Commanders defenses is put together. They don't obviously they want you to think that the back end is a weakness so they can send those guys after you with those games and stunts like you just talked about. Man, when we get an opportunity to talk about this offense, I'm Jayde Daniels and that's the biggest in my opinion. Washington has been bad long enough to finally get a program changer, and he may be the one guy. And I may have underestimated him too coming out of LSU, but he looks like the guy that's going to be a problem for a number of years. We've talked about Jalen Hurts, but Jayde and Daniels is something completely different. Obviously, like any other quarterback, they don't like to be touched in and sacked and those start some of the errors that he has. He had the real injury kind of earlier in the season. But I look at him as Lamar Jackson would touch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that one. I agree with that one. Everything you said is right. But we've seen this before in Washington RG three. He different than him, though, But this is my thing. I got to do this hit with those guys in Washington tomorrow. Show me you can do it again. Because one thing we know in his league, these coordinators, man, they're gonna get after it and they're gonna figure you out. And I think the young man, I think the young man is a fantastic pick, and I think he's what you're saying. He can be a player for a number of years. But man, over time that that to be is is the test. Can you do this thing again? We thought c J. Strout, I didn't play fantasy football this year, but I thought, t's gonna next level. It's hard, which goes to show you to me why Lamar Jackson is not respected more than he is to go win two m vps and do what he's doing year after. It's hard, man, it is hard. Kyler Murray, I thought, heck, you saw Kyler Murray play in high school a whole lot here unbelievable career. I thought, Kyler Murray is gonna go really be a guy. And it's been a challenge because they start to figure you out in his league. But Jaylen, the Cliff Kingsbury has done an out standing job with him. But you know that's I'm gonna see, man, because the RG three RG three thing taught me, Show me and keep doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, different, different offense, and I think Cliff Kingsbury people are gonna start talking talking about him at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: It's we talk about resurgence. Yeah, I would. It's funny. Hack Man had the conversation over here with what good buddy, I said, no, because he's a Bears fanly Man kingsb said, it's coordinator and I like Cliff personally.
Speaker 12: I do.
Speaker 2: I do Cliff and not get along. Great North Turner was a coordinator. Yeah, nobody you talk about one of the great offensive coordinators and guys in this league's history. Nor look at the running backs. Everybody got a whole nor Man shun. I mean, North was a fantastic Troy Troy had nor present him at the Hall of Fame. That's how much he changed his career.
Speaker 3: All Cliff needs is if they have the ultimate success in Washington, far run into the playoffs, backs it up because you're talking about C. J. Stroud and the South More slum Jaydon Daniels comes back and he's even better in his second stint. I'm telling you, I mean, you're not going to be because that's what the thing the NFL is missing on those brain trusts. Those guys that can draw it up, dial it up. And you see when guys hire these defensive minded coaches and they're having to bring it, how much trouble you have come up and look at it. Look no further than New York. You're not having any success hiring these defensive guys. You need a guy like the one you got in Detroit right now, who's the offensive coordinator. As on everybody short list to be a head coach, the NFL will have a very selective memory when it comes down to a guy that can play call.
Speaker 2: And I would present Josh McDaniels and some of these guys will play callers, but they're not the leaders of men, and that's where you can get into trouble. Cliff Kingsbury and when he was coaching at Texas Tech, I mean they never had a defense. They could put up offensive numbers and went to Arizona. It's kind of the same thing. I do think there's a difference in those guys who just called like nor call some great plays, but running the whole thing. Sean McVay is a little bit different. Sean McVay actually and obviously got Wade helping him out at first, but Sean McVay showing you can be leader of men and run the team. The dude and the dude with the Charger Chargers, but the dude with Cincinnati Zach Taylor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, call plays you know, head coach. He's gonna be going anywhere. So brother, trust he wouldn't be what.
Speaker 2: Sold brother about to be back in old brother man soul. Brother gonna be old brother, soul. Brother ain't old brother, ain't cutting it man cutting the soul coming back. Somebody gonna realize, Oh he's black. Oh it's time to go. Hold on, you ain't gonna be here the ball right uh, Commanders Joe Jr. Commander's thirty seven, oh thirty seven right down there he commander Commandos the man Manos thirty seven, Dallas.
Speaker 3: Thirteen thirteen, Dan remember for thirty seven. You're coming for his picture. So do we have to go on to the d m N to get your your picks? Are you gonna you go send them over? Hommie?
Speaker 2: You just in the check in the chat. We are not going looking for your picks. Just don't me a little chat? I mean, why not? Can give give your brother a click? Brother? Click? I got the very church instructs players lines They'll be here tomorrow, I won't
Speaker 1: By This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club