Speaker 1: The Nicki Gliser Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hello here I am.
Speaker 3: It's Nicky Glaser podcast. I'm Nicki Glazer. Brian Frangie is with me. Hi, Brian, my mom is also here.
Speaker 2: Long time.
Speaker 1: Do there's a dog there?
Speaker 4: There happens to be a dog here too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I have a dog.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this is really just fostering right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I just wanted to like try it on and and I was like, it's a good foster life. Like I'm I'm providing a service. Yeah, this dog is waiting for a home, even if I don't if I decide it's not a good fit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, you can return this dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because someone she's still she was very she had a lot of applications for her. My friend Natalie. The reason I have this dog, let's just get to it, is that my friend Natalie, who uh is from Mayda Rescue, who's been on the podcas before, she has been on the lookout for another dog for me, because she got Maryan and Luigi for us, right, and she's just she just good, is good at matching people with dogs and isn't just trying to like offload dogs she wants. She went place, and she said she hadn't felt this way about a foster that she was taking care of since Marian, and she always Marian's been one of the loves of her life ever since she had her, getting maryan vibes, I think this dog is special and I want you to have like the first chance to have her.
Speaker 2: So I met her and it was fine.
Speaker 3: Like it was like a first date that you're just like, okay, like this could work if I work at it. But it wasn't like there wasn't this moment that you want where like we just both knew. I mean, like she's cute and she's so sweet, and she's everything like just in this size wise, she just and then obviously you know that you'll fall in love or you don't. And I would be totally fine giving her a better home if that's what she wanted.
Speaker 2: But I think we.
Speaker 3: Should well I think I just I just know because I'm getting how I.
Speaker 4: Know if she wants a different home.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's happy.
Speaker 3: If she wanted a different home, I would I would know. I feel like I knew with Mary and Luigi. That's why I was like, I can't have these anymore in New York. It was idea that, so I know when a dog's not having fun. Last night, she tried to sleep under the bed and I was like, are you not? Do you not want to be in bed with me? And Chris like is this this? Because this is part of the deal, girl, is that I want a dog who sleeps in my bed and I can wake up in the middle of night and just go, oh, it's so cute and like put my face in her ferr and be like, I love you, cute little thing. And I do that to Chris's back now because there is further but he's thinking about lasering it and so I need something else for it. But yeah, I just want a dog in a bed. And she was trying to hide under the bed, which is kind of a move of like a dog that's scared or doesn't like what's going on. So I was kind of investigating and new, yeah, and she's used to like hiding out because she's a little stray that was stuck on an island for five days, dumped in La Brian. I have to show you the video of it, because they have the footage of her being rescued and it looks like I'll have you watch it right now and just tell people what you see, because it's horrible. Yeah, they snared her with a literal like butterfly net. She tried to escape the because they watched her for five days. She was on the island and like starving in and.
Speaker 2: It was terrible, terrible. But it's not how old is this dog too? She thinks too?
Speaker 4: And how did they know?
Speaker 2: I guess they had they had reports of her or something.
Speaker 4: Well, how can anyone see this?
Speaker 2: No, you're just gonna watch it. Tell us what you see.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're on it. They're on a kayak and they're heading towards the island.
Speaker 4: There actually is an.
Speaker 5: Island, and she's trying to run away because she's like, who are these people? Oh, they snagged her with a big net. And she's in the water snagged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's flipping around in the waters. And it says, sometimes animals don't know that we're trying to help and they get scared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we have to be patient with them.
Speaker 3: And then they put her in a little life jacket and she just looks so scared her eyes. This was like a week ago, this little thing. If you watch on docile and scared on an island alone.
Speaker 4: In some kind of Oh it's people are going to.
Speaker 2: Say, stop holding her like floating, uh your bed dog.
Speaker 5: Apparatus, so she doesn't drown what they call this life jacket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I already about this part. Yeah, so then yeah, then she's I already talked about this part.
Speaker 1: So when you say island, you mean like an island off the coast that's like just a little tiny ship, like a.
Speaker 3: Thing that's from drought, you know, like it just gets like it's a little patch that gets uh submerges, No, what's opposite of submarinat emerges?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's It seems.
Speaker 3: Like there should be some nautical term for that, like though like that sounds more water.
Speaker 4: Okay, well was it?
Speaker 5: You know, it's just gonna keep repeating it. You don't realize it, like an islands, a little brush island.
Speaker 4: Through Yeah, ye little island.
Speaker 3: Isn't that funny when you watch a thing and you realize sometimes that it's repeated and you don't know it yet.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, it's right there, Niki.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're watching a reel and it restarts, and many times I just witness I know, why is.
Speaker 1: This person going to finish that muffin.
Speaker 2: Keep starting over what happened to the other why they keep making and why to keep putting these trays of buttons and over and over.
Speaker 4: Wait, it only just started restarted once. No, I know, I was just kidding, but it's happening.
Speaker 3: That's I'm going to look out for that if I can't catch myself.
Speaker 1: It's a scheme. You put your video in the loop and then people will just even if they just watch for an extra fifteen seconds, then it's good for the algorithm.
Speaker 3: It's against Wait, hold on, why does what does that mean good for the algorithm? Does that mean it's it's just data that the algorithm can really fine tune its content for. What does that mean good for when someone says it's good.
Speaker 2: For the algo?
Speaker 1: Disclaimer, no one really knows what the algorithm wants.
Speaker 3: This is this is this is the most interesting part about all of the shit is that no one knows what it wants. Literally no one, because if someone new, they would figure it OUTI rah.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of people, there's a lot of experts on YouTube who claim to know, and then they have all these videos and they're like, here's how to get five hundred thousand views in less than seven days, and then they give you all of these Do they have.
Speaker 2: That many views on their videos or do they go much choose not to?
Speaker 1: They mostly they go I choose not to. Now I could get five hundred thousand views on this video because.
Speaker 3: I'm watching all these manifestation videos and I'm reading all this stuff on these subreddits of people who manifest like relationships in their life and jobs and money, and they repeat all this. They have to like prove on the subreddit I belong to. There's moderators of the reddit, of the forum, the message board. Essentially I'm describing this to my mom, and they will make sure that that's true. Like they have to show their pay stubs if they've said they've run to this money, they have to show they're the partner. They have to show the writings that they did that to manifest it, like they have to prove that they did it. But then I go, then there are so many I listen to these meditations that's like you are falling asleep. Nevill Godded determined that the best time to manifest is in the state between consciousness and unconsciousness. Therefore, I am going to hold your hand. As we slowly drift to sleep, you will replay the loop of the manifestation of the life you want ten second loop picture your life, ten seconds of it, and you're supposed to play this loop in your head as you fall asleep.
Speaker 2: But then I'm like, bitch, why don't you have more views? Did want to manifest that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Why is this video not?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: I know you want to do well on YouTube? Does any Here's my other question. I want to get to the YouTube stuff. Today I was talking to a friend who is like going through a hard time in their life, and I'm like, man, what's something What's a project they could start that would give their life meaning? But that wouldn't ruin their life, you know. And I was thinking, Oh, he should start a YouTube channel because he's really skilled at this one thing. And I was like, oh, that'd be a fun project for him. It's like he's good at audio visual stuff to like av like, he'd be good at shooting it and making it look pretty. He'd be good on YouTube. And then I was thinking, oh, no, I don't want to give him something that might make him obsessed with numbers and the algorithm and figuring out how to do better.
Speaker 2: Like, I love YouTube channels.
Speaker 3: That don't give a fuck about the views and are just there because they want to teach you how to make a cast role or they really want to show you how to get rid of this war. I mean the videos I watch are specific, but like.
Speaker 5: But these videos still want more of you. But when they start they.
Speaker 4: Wanting views, No, they don't all, but when they start winning views, something is taken from your soul when you are trying to achieve numbers.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine that most videos that are on no some people.
Speaker 3: Are just like I just want to Yeah, they would like more views, but they don't have thoughts of grandeur. It's like dad playing cafes. He's not he's not gunning for a Grammy, right. But then there's some people on YouTube that start out and put it and they start gunning for that mister beast, like I want to be the most kind of thing, and it takes it brings the soullessness to it. So, Brian, right when we started the podcast, you were talking about YouTube with Olivia, our producer that's filling in for Noah. Right, now, what were you guys discussing, Because you were saying that I kind of jumped in the middle of it and I want to hear what you were very worked up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there were so I also want to just comment on there was so many apple guys, like orchard owners who are to do videos on YouTube, who definitely don't care if they get views or not. Yes, and they're the most endearing eyes. They're just like, I've got a Fuji apple tree here. Fuji apples came from Japan and the seeds in them are quite acidic. And then just talk like.
Speaker 3: That and just the old men with information, they just want to talk. They're lonely, and it's like it's really cute because they like their comments. And I follow so many ASMR creators and people that are just like, have hundreds of people watching their stuff.
Speaker 4: Just have a feel like they are content and just yeah.
Speaker 3: But then they start getting in the thousands because something pop off, right, and then they start caring, and the equipment gets.
Speaker 2: Better and the sound gets better.
Speaker 3: And part of the ASMR that I like is when it's like grainy sound and then it becomes too clear and they start tapping on the fucking, you know, thousand dollars mics they have and it just takes something from it just becomes about like and then like and subscribe.
Speaker 2: That's like part of their pig.
Speaker 3: And you're like, it has to be like a girl in her closet flipping through an old fashion magazine talking to me about going to the dentist that day, and now you are giving me a promo code for zippercoder, and it just takes something from.
Speaker 2: It that's obvious, and I drop off.
Speaker 1: But I really hate it when they start doing when they start just being overly thankful for everyone who watches and likes it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate it.
Speaker 3: Oh, even though I get it because as of person as listeners, I feel like they are if you feel like I am sincere when people listen to my podcast, I'm just like, thank you for Like when I meet besties at shows, I'm always like, thank you for listening. I don't always say it, but it's a new thing I'm going to start saying because I do. Really, I'm like, I can't believe it, and I feel connected to that. But people start thinking on YouTube and you're kind of just like I just kind.
Speaker 2: Of don't buy it.
Speaker 3: I just there's some people you don't buy when they're like I love my fans.
Speaker 1: The Internet does not accept any sort of insincerity whatsoever. Think of It's like the Internet is basically like I think middle school. Like they will see the truth, and they will they will call it out. Somebody will, Yeah, someone will.
Speaker 3: But will that comment be upvoted the most? Because there's a lot I don't hang out in the crevices where dumb, dumb Twitter and dumb Instagram is happening, but and dumb YouTube. But when you stumble upon the dumbest people all joining forces on one video to comment, there's no voice of reason.
Speaker 2: I actually just saw something that's kind of about this.
Speaker 3: Eminem released this new song and he's like it's sweeping the charts like it is. It is not a critical acclaimed success of his, Like you know, he's obviously one of the most critically acclaimed musicians of all time. But this isn't like people aren't saying this is the greatest new song. But fucking TikTok loves it, gen Z loves everyone loves it, and it is because it's a throwback to his Uh I'm slim shady, Yes, I'm the real shady. So it's like it has like he samples that it is. It's Is it his best work, No, but it is fucking lighting up the charts in like a really exciting way that people are like just so stoked.
Speaker 2: I like love that young people are getting on board with him.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he apparently someone made a fake Justin Bieber quote from an article, like it looks like an article that was like, you know, clipped, like someone took a quote and it looks kind of official, and they just put it on a meme like anyone could do it by downloading the free version of the Canva app, and you just take you write in this thing and you make it look like a quote from like a real publication you put like New York Times or New York Posts whatever, and then people just think it's a real quote from that, even though you have nothing to show for it and there's no blue check mark. So anyway, Eminem saw a quote that was a fake quote from Justin Bieber about Eminem's new song like trashing it kind of or not being into it, and Eminem like reposted and was like, Bieber, I'm some kind of version of I'm coming for you, Bieber, like you want to be in my next distract And by the way I could be the idiot here because this his response could have been fake, Like I need to make sure because but an everyone on the Reddit Russage thing that I was reading about it was like, God, he's so out of touch, or it was Instagram and other people were like no, they were saying like jen X is so out of touch, and think believes everything they read online. And then people are commenting everyone.
Speaker 2: Believes everything they read online.
Speaker 3: Like it gets us all question it. But I'm not done for thinking that. Like in the moment, you just are like, oh, I'm not gonna fact check this, and this looks professional enough.
Speaker 1: The most annoying thing is they had to fucking fact check everything. And it's just gonna get worse with AI. Yeah, deep fikes, You're gonna see videos of people's You're gonna see a video of Justin Bieber saying Eminem's a bitch, and it's gonna look real, and there's going to be a swath of America and the world is gonna be like wow that that video is real and they'll share it.
Speaker 3: We will all be shamed so much for thinking things were real that were fake that we will then all assume everything's fake.
Speaker 2: Right away because we never want to feel that shame again.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be bad.
Speaker 3: It's already like that. People call fake on pretty much everything, so it's gonna be bad.
Speaker 5: But that's the first thing I say when I look at this fake Oh you do? I just don't trust anything. Now it's really getting bad.
Speaker 2: I trust me with a dog.
Speaker 3: I told my mom I was maybe gonna get a dog last week, and man, they my dad and you think you want to do this before Europe, And I'm like, there's always going to be a trip looming. There's always gonna be a reason for me not to get a dog. It's the same thing that people do when they want to quit drinking. They go pull my birthday's coming up. Oh, then it's Saint Patrick's day. Then it's uh, you know you said, and then it's and then it's exactly, that's great joke, great, great joke. And it's just like, there's always going to be a time not to get a dog. And you just and Natalie kind of said that to me because I was like, the dog came up.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is what happened. The dog comes over to meet me, and where where were you?
Speaker 4: I was at this Oh my god, the hotel I put you up in La. Oh how beautiful is it? I love that hotel?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't even want to I'm going to say that. Yes, I'm to stay there all the time. Just look up the hotel in La with Beyonce. That's now you know where I live. But no, it's very protected. And how like that. Go to if you're in La, go to the Sunset marquet I'm just gonna say it, Sunset Marquetes. To have lunch and keep walking beyond the restaurant because if you walk back and it's so beautiful the way they have made it like it's like you're walking through Alice in Wonderland or like a secret garden.
Speaker 2: It's gorgeous back there.
Speaker 3: And anyway, so I was, there's a nice place to meet a dog for the first time.
Speaker 4: And at the lunch that restaurant.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, at my in my bungalow. So I had like a nice little apartment type of thing. So that's where you ground floor to perfect just walk on in puppy. And so she came by and I was kind of she was just like needing a lot of attention. She wants to play she's jumping on things, and I was just like, this is a lot, Nie, Yeah, all over the place. That girl constantly trying to rescue dogs from every corner of the earth, but constantly looking.
Speaker 2: For an ani I rescue. No she.
Speaker 3: So we're hanging out and I can be honest with her. I was just like, this feels like a lot. Because it was a long day too. I forget what I was doing that day. Maybe that was the day I landed. I had landed that day and I went to a showroom for celebrities where they let you pick out free shit and then all you have to do is tag stuff and you go.
Speaker 2: It's like you go to a mall, a little money market.
Speaker 4: Those clothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so nice, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And so I went there to the A list and picked out a bunch of stuff and then all I have to do is just tag ship when I wear it all. My story awesome And I didn't go nuts see that. I was very like I could have had so and I had to show restraint because I'm like, unless I.
Speaker 2: Need it, Yeah, you're good about that. They were shocked.
Speaker 3: They were like, man, you show you know what you want, because they'd be like, what about this, and I'd be they'd be they'd be like, you this shirt to it and I'm like, I know it's free, but I won't wear it and I'll my I would give it to my sister. But that's not what this is about. Yeah, I guess it's just like a feel from you guys.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 3: So I did a good job of that, but I got a fucking load of shit.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: But I landed at nine. I had a flight at six am, landed at nine, showroom by ten thirty, you know, checking into my hotel, change showroom by ten thirty, hair and makeup by twelve. Then I went and did the Zach Sang show, which is I love him so much, talk about he interviews musicians, he's mostly, but he wanted to interview me.
Speaker 2: It was so nice.
Speaker 3: He doesn't do comedians that often, but he's like, has a really amazing show and he's a really incredible broadcaster influenced by Howard Stern.
Speaker 2: Like it felt like that kind of interview.
Speaker 3: So I went and did that, but hair and makeup first because I want to look good for Zach. And then we and then finished that and then went right into meeting Gilly, and then I was going to dinner with Gleb from Dancing with the Stars weird God, and so Gleb came over while Gilly was there and I was like, this is a lot.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: I was like, Gleb, you should take her because he was like bonding with her because she's just so nice to everyone. And then I was like, then I said goodbye, Torr and then I went. The next day, I had the mass singer all day, which I'm going to be on this fall, not as I think, So okay, then take me out of it, which you're not going to do because I did great and it was so fun and it's an amazing episode and everyone needs to watch because it's so funny.
Speaker 2: And my comedic partner did on that show.
Speaker 1: A guest, a special guest. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I.
Speaker 3: Think if anything, Fox, you should be so happy that I'm saying this in advance, like people are going to be anticipating it because this season is crazy and our episode is so funny.
Speaker 2: We killed that.
Speaker 3: I won't say who, but like in future episodes, I'll talk about working with someone recently, and then you can put two and two together.
Speaker 2: How about that bussies, So keep stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm never but it's it's only allegedly. So anyway, Then the next day I and that shoot goes till one in the morning, and I told Natalie and I have to leave on a flight the next morning, Friday to go to Salt Lake City. What time ten am? Okay, yep, so it's one am. I'm supposed to wrap at eleven or ten, but now it's one. And I told Natalie. I was like, I was gonna get the dog tonight and just take her to salt It because Naalie was like, I'll just fly just fly me wherever.
Speaker 2: I'll come get her if you don't want her.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, that's a good deal, Like I don't have to return her to LA and she can come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was like, okay, I'll take her this weekend just for a trial. And then it was one o'clock and I was talking to my friend that I did the show with and he's like, she's so cute, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, she is.
Speaker 3: And then Natalie also had said, listen, there's always gonna be a time in your life where you're like it's not a good time, like she was like, it's never your she goes nick. Your life is not gonna get any slower. Yeah, So it just has to be about if you want to do it truthfully.
Speaker 4: As soon as you wrote that, I was like, she's got a point.
Speaker 3: She's got a good point. We're gonna take a break. We'll be back with more after this. So I did mass Singer and we're still there and I'm tired.
Speaker 2: It's been a long day.
Speaker 3: I got in here and make up for Messinger at one thirty and now it's going on a twelve hour day. Wow, I'm just like I told Natalie, like I literally wrote out the text being like I just don't think it's the right time for a dog in my life.
Speaker 2: I love her, I can't.
Speaker 3: And then I had to put down my phone because we were going back to shoot the last scene, and so I was like, I'll finish the text later.
Speaker 2: And then in that time, I just was like, just if you.
Speaker 3: Don't, if it doesn't work out, like whatever you choose will be the right thing, So what why not choose to just do it and you'll make it work. And so I was like, bring her by tomorrow. I can't do it tonight, so bring her by it tomorrow morning. So then the next morning I woke up and then she traveled with me. All we can choose really good dog all weekend.
Speaker 2: You have a little travel bag, yeah, Natalie brought went over. You probably have to.
Speaker 3: I will fly her out to get that because it.
Speaker 2: Is a nice bag.
Speaker 3: Then I spilled coffee and and Anya this weekend was like she diarrheaed all over and I was like, oh no, what the.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, oh, it's me.
Speaker 3: Over. I like it that I'm messier than a dog, like all over her beautiful white inside the bag.
Speaker 1: Somebody chewed up my shoes and it's like.
Speaker 3: I quit gum and I need something.
Speaker 1: Because you're gonna let the guy to decide, Like if you it'll be like two or three weeks and then they'll be like aling that someone's interested in your dog, and you'll then.
Speaker 5: That's all right, that somebody will be wanting that dog off your hands if.
Speaker 4: You don't keep that dog.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: A woman approached me at Starbucks yesterday because I go, I'm you know, I'm probably gonna keep her, and she was like, well if you don't, I was like, well, she has to go back to l A.
Speaker 2: If I don't, she goes why And I was.
Speaker 4: Like, leave her alone, bitch that walk out of the place, like stop, I and my dog. Wait, did that lady know who you were?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, she she was sweet. I actually would have trusted this woman.
Speaker 5: And she's a great size for you. But she is uh and she's got a great temperament.
Speaker 4: You'll get her.
Speaker 3: I know with Luigi when I took him to get neutered and they muzzled him because he was biting the vetech and I was in the room and he just looked at me like it was the first time he looked at me, like you're all I have, Like like he need like do something. He looked at me like I am he loved, like he needs me. And that I was like, oh, well that look that he just gave me, I'm done. She hasn't given me that look yet, so I will have to put her in a state of trauma. Yeah, she's getting she's getting spaded on Monday, so we'll see what happens. But she she already has eyes that are always watering, like she's saying goodbye to sending her son off to war. I swear to god, they're big, and she's her browser furrowed and she always just looks like, all stay strong.
Speaker 4: For you, son, like got all the great things to her. Yeah, she's really good. Just this little time i've seen her, she's a good. So you did surprise me, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah walked Yeah, because she didn't.
Speaker 4: I decided against it, and I'm like, okay, but.
Speaker 3: I did at that point when I told you, I wasn't lying to you. I didn't lie to you because at that point I was like, I'm not going to do it because that was Friday morning before mess.
Speaker 4: Singer, and you didn't need me to fly to Denver. No.
Speaker 3: I figured it out because I had so many bags because I'm all my free swag. I was like, I can bring it to dog this big and a little bag, right yeah, and then I but you know what the problem is going on the road. It's dog or guitar. I can't have both on the road because.
Speaker 4: You can only have one carry on.
Speaker 3: Because my carry on can't like I can't have a dog and a guitar because they're both like kind of the bigger item. It's like to be like carry on, you're supposed to have one carry on that goes in the bin and one under the seat. So I guess it still fits because my guitar is small enough.
Speaker 4: To fit that dog under the seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course that's not a carry out. But it just feels kind of dicey if they are flight attendants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You have a dog, a guitar, a seapap machine.
Speaker 2: A fanny pack. They always face, I've.
Speaker 1: Been doing your trick with the fanny pack. It's worked every time.
Speaker 3: That counts when it doesn't need to, because every time I forget to flip it back and they catch me, they go, ma'am, you need to consolidate, and I go, okay, well and they go step to the side and I go, look how quickly I go. So John Wickett into my bag so fast, and I go, that was and I go, I'm going to take it out as soon as I get it on the plane.
Speaker 4: I don't know what difference this makes. I've never seen John wick I don't think he's known for like his like, uh speed.
Speaker 2: Really I picture him like like, you know, what do you do with a gun?
Speaker 1: I guess he's he's very fast with a gun. Yeah, I just yeah, John, it's not a.
Speaker 3: Good analogy for well, I will say, I've never seen the movie.
Speaker 1: So that's the problem with the analogy is that when you said I John wicked it, I was like, you've never seen John Wick, have you? Because it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Quite Well, someone did murder my dog that morning when I had that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and that's really John Wick. Yeah, that's a seeking vengeance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do you know that? That's what John Wick's about. No, it's all about a murder of his dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my, pretty much.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, revenge it's sometimes it's justified.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's why I love Taylor Swift. It's all about Oh really, avenge.
Speaker 2: Is sometimes justified.
Speaker 4: That's what he said. That's what he said.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Why why do you know that? Why do you just say it because you're obsessed? Well, I have to know these things, you have to know. I got a message this morning, a text that Lauren made a Trump in the sand.
Speaker 2: So were you guys at the cabin yesterday?
Speaker 4: No, they were at a play park.
Speaker 1: Uh oh.
Speaker 3: Laura decided to make an artistic representation of Donald Trump using like pieces of bark, just a little.
Speaker 1: Pebbles, and wow, patriotic.
Speaker 4: Just for like, I don't even want to think of his face. You can't not think about him.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I I don't think about him.
Speaker 3: I don't know my al talk about because they I never see him and I want to and it doesn't I can't change anything right now, So I feel like that's the best for me.
Speaker 2: But Brian, why does no one know the algo?
Speaker 3: And like, tell me what you were saying before we didn't get to your YouTube thing.
Speaker 1: Tell me even even if you go and have a meeting with YouTube and you try to ask them, like what's the algorithm? Even like they sort of don't even know. It's kind of like you're going beast.
Speaker 3: It's it's already has a mind of its own that we can control. Is that That's what it sounds like to me. It sounds like the the AI fear.
Speaker 5: Well, why can't we just ask AI because they.
Speaker 3: Know now to keep secrets, because they're gonna get smart enough to realize that keeping secrets from humans is good. Oh okay, isn't that the kind of the fear Brian? Well, that they learn to like hate us and like manipulate us.
Speaker 1: That's the science fiction fear that they become sentient and then decide that the human race is not good for the planet and that the logical thing to do would be to destroy or and sleep all humans.
Speaker 3: Yes, and in the blink of an eye. Do you know that it's supposed happen in a blink of an eye? Like it won't be like, oh, wait here, the machines are taking over downtown. It's gonna happen all at once, in one full swoop of every machine.
Speaker 2: I have a bit about it right now. My Rumba is going to be the first thing to attack. It's the closest machine to me.
Speaker 3: And that Rumba has so much dirt on me literally, I mean it really, I've treated it really badly too, So I do think Rumba's gonna come after me. And Siri will collaborate with Room, but at the same time.
Speaker 1: To desend your phone everything. Your headphones will start shocking you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't think about that too much because that is insane. But also I have no control over it, so that helps. But with YouTube, do you like, what were you saying about talk shows or like something tenable? You use the word tenable, and I.
Speaker 1: Want to Yeah, now you're intrigued, I said ten, yeah, yeah, yeah. Basically I think that well, there's this there's this thing called dropout TV, which is basically the new college humor, and they've proven that there is a market for subscription based niche content and it's really successful and really working, and I believe that's the future of potentially the Internet, because I think what's untenable is convincing every individual artist to become their own production company and make their own talk show and their everything. That every every step of the process, from creative to execution, is on the shoulders of a single creator. And I think after like it happens all the time in the ATERNW where you see somebody it's burnout. You see someone posting like once every week for five years, they get to like even four million subscribers on YouTube, and then all of a sudden, they release the video with the title why I'm quitting YouTube, and it's usually because like it's not good for my mental health. The payout's fine, but it's not enough, and I'm finding that I'm just making stuff for the algorithm. I'm not making anything creatively fulfilling, and it's really a failure of the industry because It used to be the industry would develop talent and then provide you with the platform, and then you'd have to just be the creative and they take care of you. And now it's if you want to be accepted by the industry, you first have to establish your own production company and make everything yourself.
Speaker 3: That's how you get noticed by the industry is having to do all this stuff and no one person is capable of doing all the jobs it takes to make a good TV show is essentially what people good interthathing.
Speaker 1: Unless you've become your own company like mister Beast did it. He executed that perfect.
Speaker 2: You need funding.
Speaker 3: You need to pay people like you exact, you need them. You need that dancing cult on the guy, the guy that was started a cult. It's called the TikTok Dancing Cult or whatever. It's on Netflix. It's called Dancing with the Devil. And this guy had a church for years and years and he would try to get into the entertainment business in La And the church was a cult. I mean, he like makes you not stop, He makes you stop talking to your family. He prays on immigrant families, kids that have been like kind of outcasts from their homes that that don't have a lot of friends, and he makes you get rid of your family and then start working for him, and then your paycheck goes to him.
Speaker 2: And he tried so hard.
Speaker 3: At first he tried to get actors, and then he tried to do musicians, and then he found these dancers that really got into his preaching bullshit. And then he started investing in them and started a production company called seven M and started funding all of their TikTok videos. You've definitely watched seven M dance videos. They're captivating. They do a really good job. They had a great budget, but all these dancers suddenly were getting to work with these set design and production levels that they've never done before. And then he started, you know, just isolating the He doesn't I didn't think think he fucked the.
Speaker 2: Dancers, but I'm sure he did.
Speaker 3: But no evidence is there of that because he did it with past members of this congregation.
Speaker 2: But he's a bad guy, and he took all their money.
Speaker 3: They have like, wow, all these dancers that were getting all these brand deals because they would have to pay the church, and the church was just him. You know, they were tempt to tie and pay ten percent of tie tithing ten percent to him ten percent of the thirty percent.
Speaker 2: Of the management company.
Speaker 3: I mean they like these guys where they would give up ninety percent of their income almost like seventy to ninety percent was insane.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So but but they did say it was like creatively fulfilling because they got to until he started saying, you have to dance.
Speaker 2: To this song, and they'd be like, y fucking song.
Speaker 3: But then actually he was actually had a good idea because he was making them dance to like these old old songs from his like childhood, like sixties stuff and seventies, and these guys were like, god, I have to dance to this Beach Boys song, Like what the fuck? Because these guys are like amazing dancers that have started their own genre of hip hop dance and they're dancing to like you know, surfing you as say, and they're just like what the fuck. But then these dances, because no one else was doing corny shit like this, it took off because they were cool dances to old songs. So they started doing well because of this crazy guy.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter, they still lost money because.
Speaker 2: These guys did.
Speaker 3: But the guy behind it all is he arrested. No, of course he's still doing. The church is still happening. Every guy still have to They're all protected because they're a religious organization. They no taxes, oh my god, and they're claiming not to be called. And the dancer that got kind of stuck in it is still in it. I know I've spoiled a lot of it, but it's still worth watching. And I really didn't spoil it. It's all called Dancing with the Devil. The first episode's amazing, as our most Netflix stuff, first episode is like get is like still giving you.
Speaker 2: They keep you entertaining the whole time. But it could have been one should I mean.
Speaker 3: That's what every documentary is, but we're not making it one because it three. It was three nights of entertainment for me as a opposed to one.
Speaker 1: The docu series are getting out of control.
Speaker 2: They're out of control.
Speaker 1: Two hours, we don't need one and a half hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all you need. But you know what sometimes.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to talk to the murderers dog Walker for forty minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I mean, Brian, they just did you see the the Ashley Madison one was entertaining? They found Ashley Madison. Do you know what Ashley message?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's set hair.
Speaker 2: Madison.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, medicine is for like married people, Yeah, married men, because they it comes up.
Speaker 2: There's no women on the site.
Speaker 3: No one's wanting to do this as like there's very few women anyway, they're only bots. But these guys, they all all they got they got hacked and yeah, I know all the information was released and anyway, it's a documentary about that. But man to make that three episodes. There is a there's a there's shots of an office space that they just created to make look like the office space of Ashley Medicine, And there's just like zoom in's on different potted plants, and then a xerox machine and a computer.
Speaker 2: It's it's all they.
Speaker 3: Wasn't because they try to make it three episodes. No, they're just like these these shots. They have this guy sitting by a pool. He's picking out new glasses. Like they just said, they're filling up a lot of stuff. It's it's it's so unnecessary. But I do love these documentaries. I I love that kind of stuff love. I mean, there's so much of it, even if it's like.
Speaker 4: Like like that guy taking advantage of people I love you love.
Speaker 3: Anya loves it too. Anya loves cult docs more than anything. I like pedo docs as everyone knows just like ones about sick, but honestly, those I'm starting to like I can't take anymore. I'm like, I've heard it all. This is so disgusting and like it so I don't rape stuff like I can't take any kind of I just don't want to hear about it. I literally filled up my cup of like disturbing stories the Murder podcast.
Speaker 2: No thanks, it's just poison for my brain.
Speaker 3: Yea, it's got to be bad for your brain. It's got to be bad for you to hear about all the time. Yeah, it's got to be really dark.
Speaker 1: It can't help put flight mode for sure.
Speaker 3: I almost went down a nine to eleven hole the other day, which is something I do probably twice a year where I just like watch footage and like kind of relive the events and freak myself out. I didn't do it the other day, even though I wanted to. I was just like, I don't think this is good for your brain to like feel this sad and be this like scared and just no, not good. Yeah, but I did look into. There was a reddit last night that was like, what was something else that happened in two thousand and one that got overshadowed by nine to eleven. I thought that was an interesting question, and people said to the Chondra Levy case, oh okay, remember when that she went missing and she was having an affair with that senator whose name a ca.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then there was also there was a plane crash November twelfth, two months and one day after in Queens out of JFK a passenger jet. Two hundred and like three hundred people died. Do you remember that.
Speaker 2: I remember it.
Speaker 3: Because we all were like, oh my god, this is starting again. But then it was like, nope, this is just a failure. But yeah, though, like U three hundred people died, three hundred that's a fuck ton.
Speaker 4: How can we not talk about it? I know to this day, and.
Speaker 3: I was reading about That's when I stopped it because I was like reading about, like what malfaction happened to convince myself, Brian, the thing you do where you're like, well, that couldn't happen to me because I don't get on planes that have pilots that are not experienced or make bad decisions. I was trying to find something. I was like, oh wait, no, I could have gotten on this plane. Sure, you know, like the Rudders went wacko because they were trying to get out of the jet stream of another plane.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this could happen to me. Yeah, I do need to go there.
Speaker 4: I just think when your time's up, your time's up. That's it. I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't think about it. I agree, and I can't. I think I'm just take me. I'm I won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've lasted a long time. It's turning.
Speaker 3: Forty was an interesting age because I realized it's like reminds me of Tim Convey's joke. Chris's brother has a joke about how like I'm old enough that if I died, people wouldn't be like, I'm out of the like he died so young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was so young, you know, like I reached that age.
Speaker 4: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty is still people go what the fuck? Like, of course, I would say, even in your fifties, people are like.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's too young. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because I was.
Speaker 1: Black panther, people were pretty upset when he died. He was, Oh, absolutely right.
Speaker 3: He was way too young. He was probably in his early forties. Yeah, yeah, way too young. So yeah, I think forties is still young. But it's not like it's not twenty seven.
Speaker 4: No, that's way too young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's all.
Speaker 5: Yeah. A friend of ours just died. He was seventy two, and we go, God, it was it's way too early for.
Speaker 4: Him to die.
Speaker 1: Chadwick Boseman was forty three. Yeah, people were saying he's too young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is too young, but actually that's for men in Hollywood. She died at the elder age of forty one. Actress and she had a good run. Yeah yeah, Oh my god, remember her in the talkies? Uh yeah, your friend just died and that's Does that so freak you out when your friends start to die?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's a contemporary kind of look to your dad any Yeah. So yeah, it's just unexpected, and and when it affects friends of yours, you know, oh my god, it's really sad.
Speaker 4: You just are more worried about them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I I have a really bad problem with like when people in my life have death, it happened to them, I like can't reach out sometimes I just feel horrized.
Speaker 2: I literally like I'm going to be bad.
Speaker 3: It's just it's like it's it's that there's no excuse for why, I like don't do it. But our family members, the Blanfords, when they're I grew up with those girls when their dad died.
Speaker 2: I like couldn't. I didn't even know what to say. It's hard.
Speaker 3: I'm like about to cry about it because I saw Ali later on and was like, I dropped.
Speaker 2: The ball so hard by not reaching out to you.
Speaker 3: Like if my dad would have died and you wouldn't have reach out to me, I would have been like, that's fucked that you.
Speaker 4: Didn't, but you would understand it now. But anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Would understand if she told me later on like I did, so I explained it to her like I've got something weird when it comes to death, I can't do anything like yeah, but the thing is apparently all people want is a hug and just say and listening.
Speaker 1: And sometimes companionship just like being in a room with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, I don't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: You don't have to say anything. There's nothing you can say. That's that's what people think that they can like, speak you out of grief, and it's impossible, So you just got to sit there and eat chips.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I just went to see my friend who's lost her husband, and oh you saw her? Yeah whatever, how is she been a couple hours? You know, I felt like I'm glad I went because I think being alone and with your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she should never be alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is what you're saying. Just be with that person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just can't be alone because then you're like, you're you just got to have something else to think about.
Speaker 4: Yes, destritcher distract.
Speaker 2: I think she's in shock. I'm sure. Yeah, you don't get used to that for maybe ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you've.
Speaker 2: Been with someone that long, well that's fucking life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a lifetime of being with someone. So her thing was, she said, I don't know what to do. I'm lost because I never did any of this stuff. She's never I don't think washed a dish or wrapped a meal or.
Speaker 4: Swept a floor.
Speaker 2: Well, if she figured out, hey the.
Speaker 5: Bills, she's never done any Her husband did everything.
Speaker 2: And she worked. I relate to that.
Speaker 4: She worked, she worked.
Speaker 2: I'm totally gonna be this.
Speaker 5: No, well, I always worry about, wow, what would I do if something happened?
Speaker 4: But I actually think.
Speaker 2: You know, you'd be more okay than dad.
Speaker 4: I would be more okay. I would be more okay than your father. Yes, yes, yeah, totally. But dad is going to sing at his funeral or like with his band. Yeah, with my dad's bad And my dad was talking.
Speaker 3: I just saw Brian and he was like, I don't know if I'm going to be able to get through it without crying. And it's like, and I was talking. I had my voice teacher today and he was talking about how like singing at funerals is so hard, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Know how people do it.
Speaker 4: Me neither.
Speaker 3: So I just told my dad to like close your eyes or something like or and he said he's just going to sing it so much that he's going to take the meaning out of it for himself, so he can just almost go on robot mode.
Speaker 1: Sure, but you know what, the crying is good. I feel like people want to see him cry. Why he sings.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love when people cry when they sing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When Taylor Swift sometimes chokes up on an ariostore, yeah, it's it's and you see our eyes watering and it's probably just the wind in them, and we're all like, oh my god, this was the day she broke up with someone that we don't even have a right to know about her breaking up with.
Speaker 5: When people cry, you want to cry, Oh my god. Yes, it's an automatic thing.
Speaker 4: You look at it.
Speaker 3: Well, be with empathy. I think that's a way to know someone's a psychopath. If they don't yawn, If they if yawns don't make them yon.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I think that's like, yeah, because you don't, you're not.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I think that's a real thing.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting theory.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe it's a simple I guess that psychopaths do not they are not affected by the yawn.
Speaker 2: The contagious yawn is the thing I've read. I could be wrong. Yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Start looking at you should start accusing people. I'm honestly around yawning.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's good, Okay, I'll start doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This weekend I was in Salt Lake City and Boulder. Yeah, we flew all over the place.
Speaker 4: With your new baby dog.
Speaker 2: With a new baby dog, and she loves to travel.
Speaker 3: She's love, she's just like everything's new, to her because she was living on an island, so she's down five days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where did the five days come in?
Speaker 3: I think someone had probably spotted her and reported it in like horrible like. But she's house trained, so we're like someone loved her at some point and then she ended up on this island.
Speaker 4: How did she was loved by someone? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, how could you not?
Speaker 4: She but jumped in the water and floated over there.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't she have a collar on or micro chip?
Speaker 4: She had nothing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do we think someone put the dog on the island and it's left it there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mon, Now that person doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yawn, Yeah, exactly, that is not yon her.
Speaker 1: Yeah what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that person does.
Speaker 1: Imagine that too. To get out on a boat or a kayak just to do that, that's insane.
Speaker 5: I really feel like I feel like that dog swam over there, but but it looked like she didn't want to jump.
Speaker 3: We'll see what she's like in a pool. We'll see if she was even capable of that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, she can swim.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was just her morning swam. And she's like the Michael Phelps of dogs, and we're just like ruining her life. Right now by keeping her indoors.
Speaker 3: Well, I made a joke to because she did go pee on Chris's new bath Matt, and it was her first mistake. And I said, I'll drop her off the pound later, and he said, no, Let's get Matt to take her on one of.
Speaker 2: His float trips and drop her off the islet. So we'll be right back up for this.
Speaker 1: So I have to get an MRI I this morning. Have you ever gotten an MRI?
Speaker 2: I believe one time? Mom? Oh yeah, yeah, m queen over here, I am.
Speaker 3: She's turned down more MRIs in her life than she's gotten because she goes, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Get an MRI and then and I say, no, you always.
Speaker 3: Are about to get an MRI for something. And then I go, did you get it?
Speaker 2: What did you learn to go?
Speaker 4: It was, it's too much money. I'm waiting. No, I think it's going away.
Speaker 2: So what did you get an MRI for Brian?
Speaker 1: My gallbladder which I'm getting I'm going to get out soon. But I I freaked out. I couldn't believe it, You're I couldn't do it. I well, I finished it, thank god, but I was I had an MRI in my twenties for a different thing, and it was fine. And this time I get into the MRI and I immediately I look up at the MRI and it's like being in a coffin. It's so tight. And I'm not claustrophobic. I've never experienced it before, but now I think I am because I looked at it and I was immediately like freaked out and I had to close my eyes the entire time. And then I'm in there and everything's going fine for like fifteen to twenty minutes. It was a long MRI long time. I was in there for twenty minutes. And then he made me do this like stomach breathing up and down, up and down, and for whatever reason, that freaked me out. I got light headed. I felt like I was going to pass out. I felt like I couldn't breathe. And I see, well, ye have they give you this thing that you can squeeze, and then it's like an emergency and they take you out. And I said, I can't do it. I can't do it. I'm freaking out. I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't believe that I was freaking out. I feel like I'm usually so emotionally no, but you you have to go back in. That's what's horrible. It's like I couldn't. I was like, I'm usually pretty emotionally regulated, yea, and I feel like I can control these things. And for some reason, I was like, I need to get out of this. I need to get out of this. And I got out of the MRI and then they let me calm down for like five minutes, and then it's just right back in the hole. Fuck, right back in the hole.
Speaker 2: Well, this is interesting.
Speaker 3: I actually heard Nate Bargatzi has late on set claustrophobia. He got it as an adult and he doesn't know where it came from, and it just all of a sudden showed up for him, like elevators are a struggle for him.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I heard him talk.
Speaker 2: About it publicly. I think does a bit about it.
Speaker 3: But he was not claustrophobic his whole life, and all of a sudden it just came on out of nowhere. So I think this is something that does happen. Thank god you got through.
Speaker 1: It, MRIs especially, But that happened to Steve Martin. He got stage fright in his sixties or fifties. That's why he stopped doing That's why he stopped doing stand up. He all of a sudden had stage fright. He couldn't get on stage anymore.
Speaker 3: Wait, is that in Born standing Up? That's really that's in Born standing Up? Yeah, to read that book again. People have been referencing it lately and I love it. WHOA, Okay, that's I really don't want something new to come on and that's scary. Do you think this is like a new thing for you or.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of theories. One of them is like, I'm just in like a really heightened state. And so this weekend I was in Texas and I actually had to go to the emergency room because they had another gallbladder attack. So I was in Austin, Texas. I was in so much pain and then they but they gave me morphine in the hospital, which is incredible. Been on morphine, God, I was. I was at a ten out of ten pain wise. I was like literally crying and I get to the uber to the emergency room, and uh, it took me in immediately. This hospital in Austin, Saint David's was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: There did what was the conversation like in the car ten out of ten pain.
Speaker 1: I get in the uber, I'm just like crying and I'm like to and he's driving me to the hospital. He knows it's in It's in the phone. And then to get to the hospital and I'm like, can you take me to the emergency room? And he's like sure, and then he takes me and drops me off at the patient drop off, which is where you go to visit people. That's like a five minute walk to the I said, you took me to the wrong place. You took me the wrong place. And he's like, what, You're going to the hospital and I was like I'm going. I'm I'm admitting myself. So then I walk into the hospital.
Speaker 2: He did me. I thought you were visiting someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like you look like a visitor and I'm like he oh. I go into the front desk and they're like hello, and I'm like, where's the emergency room? And they're like, who are you visiting? And I'm like, I want to be admitted to the emergency room.
Speaker 2: Were you wearing your shirt that's a visitor on it?
Speaker 1: I was wearing my visitors shirt and I was holding a bouquet of flowers that said get better from visitor. So I go to the emergency room and they took they saw me and they were like, uh, you don't even have to go through the security thing. You just were taking you straight in and it was like band of brothers. They gave me morphine and I went from a ten ten out of ten pain. Like you know that they have the little uh chart with the faces and it says, oh, yeah, a zero is a smiley face, A five is like a sort of frown, and then a ten is like a frown with the lip bit and tears coming out of your eyes. Yeah, and that's I looked like that.
Speaker 4: Face and you pointed to that one.
Speaker 1: That's the one. Yeah, I said, that's me right there.
Speaker 2: That was based off how quickly did you go to like a one or it didn't.
Speaker 1: Go to a one, it went to like a three. But oh yeah, I still had pain. But man, it took like five minutes and I was like, oh my god. The last I was in tort I was in tortures pain in my hotel room in Austin for about six full hours until I decided I can't take it anymore, and I got to go to the emergency room. Oh God, and then I get morphine in my body, and five minutes later, I'm just sitting there watching Law and Order on the TV, and I'm like, I could this is great? It was morphine is amazing.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they just take out your gall bladder right there?
Speaker 1: They wanted to. They said, we need to take out your gallbladder right here, and I said, I don't know anybody in Texas. I don't want to get my gall butter out here. No one will be able to take care of me. I want to go home and do with my doctor. And then they agreed that, like, if we do an ultrasound and there's no like direct emergency, then we'll allow you to be discharged, but you need to get this out asap.
Speaker 2: Okay, when are you doing Thatrow?
Speaker 1: I got an MRI this morning and then I have to go to get a physical and then uh, it might be next week probably.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, what if this happens, What if another attack happens, I.
Speaker 1: Got to go to the emergency room and get it out six hours after it starts. If I if another attack starts coming on at all, I'm gonna go to the emergency room immediately.
Speaker 2: Okay, good good, Yeah, oh my god. Did you perform comedy after that?
Speaker 1: No? No, I didn't perform. I was just watching comedy after that. Did go to I was? I was? I was with Tim at the Mothership this weekend, Tim Dylan. Tim Dylan, Yeah, oh my god, that's so oh my god.
Speaker 2: So you were there just hanging out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's he's filming his hour special this weekend the Comment Store. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 1: So I was helping him out a little bit with that.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god. I can't wait for that. Oh that sucks. So that I went through that, I'm so sorry. Yeah, crazy MRI attack, What the fuck? I know, obviously from stress, though I don't think this is I think anyone under those circumstances being an MRI after having gone through all that trauma and pain.
Speaker 1: Well and also the morphine kind of ramps you up. And I mean yeah, after I got out of the hospital, I was like, I'll still go to the show, and they're like, are you sure? Are you going to feel okay? And I was like, I feel like I could climb a fucking mountain right now. I am amped. And I was amped for like a couple of days after that, so oh wow.
Speaker 4: So you didn't get any more morphine after that.
Speaker 2: You probably weren't sleeping well. And then you go in this MRI.
Speaker 3: And then the breathing thing with the stomach breathing that always makes I do that for singing and try to do stomach breathing. It always fucks with me, like it makes me lightheaded.
Speaker 1: Always, So I had to do back for like seven and I was like, yeah, after like five minutes, I was like, I can't do it. I can't. I gotta get out of there.
Speaker 3: Breathing actra breathing it improperly like that or just doing it in a weird way, can do it without you being in a coffin like thing like make you hyperventilate or get anxious.
Speaker 2: So that's why, but damn that sucks.
Speaker 5: What's the recovery from a gall bladder surgery.
Speaker 1: It's not so bad. It's like about a week of like you're having trouble walking, and then after a week you feel okay. After two weeks you should feel pretty normal. And after wow, after a month you can go back to like lifting weights. Whoa, And then it's just like the digestion getting your stomach used to not having a gall bladder anymore is kind of like the long term adjustment.
Speaker 2: What does a gall bladder do?
Speaker 1: Stores bile, which digests fats. Your liver produces bile all.
Speaker 2: Day long, So what's your body gonna do with bio?
Speaker 1: Now, the liver will produce bile and it'll just go straight into your stomach. The liver produces bile, which digests fats, but if you eat a big faty meal, your liver can't automatically produce enough to digest that full meal. So what it does is instead of producing it when you eat, it produces it all day and it stores it in a little closet called the gallbladder. And then when you eat a big fatty meal, the gall bladder contracts, it squirts out the bile and that's enough to digest the fat.
Speaker 2: Ah, So you're gonna have to watch your fat intake.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you do, but sometimes not. You remove the you remove the gall bladder, there's no there's no closet. So now the liver just constantly dripping bile into your stomach, and so you kind of just need to constantly fats. You have to eat consistently.
Speaker 3: So that I got to get my gall bladder removed because this would go with my diet of just eating constantly.
Speaker 5: People say, once you get your gallbladder out, you feel so pretty wodally. I mean, if you've ever had like issues with your stomach, they'd say, Oh, I feel great now.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of this before.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that happens.
Speaker 4: I'm so that's your care.
Speaker 2: Damn. And two weeks isn't horrible.
Speaker 5: No, I actually thought it was an outpatient surgery, but it's it's probably not that either.
Speaker 1: No, I should be able to go home. I should be able to go home right away.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice, Well, final thought, Brian will say goodbye to you.
Speaker 2: I know you gotta take off. Yeah By he used to go complete it.
Speaker 4: I know he does.
Speaker 2: What you what's on your rest of your docket for the day.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna powerwash because I got a washer.
Speaker 3: It's my mom told me she bought a powerwasher, and then she went on to describe that it it wasn't working the way they wanted to, so they returned it. And it truly blew my mind that they like because I just assume everything my mom buys is off Craigslist.
Speaker 2: So the fact that she could.
Speaker 3: So we took it back to return it, and I was picturing you like calling up this person to meet in the parking lot again. But you bought at a store. You bought something wholesale. We bought it or resale exactly. Wait, what's it called retail?
Speaker 4: Retail? Yeah? Yeah, but where Low's.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's where yeah, that's where most people go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So anyway, we rented one that we couldn't figure out, and that was one hundred and fifty dollars rental bullshit, and they give me any oh yeah they did. Hell yeah, yeah, so we did that and I said, uh, your did. We went home and I said, I'm going to go buy one. I can buy one, he said, we were just in that area. I'm like, yeah, I had to think about it because you know, I don't like to buy retail, okay. So I ended up looking at it going yeah, three hundred bucks, it's probably a good you know, good.
Speaker 2: Bar, goodbye.
Speaker 5: So anyway, it works, I did. It's just fun. Is it satisfying? It's well, it's grab off. I think it would be fun. I mean, miss is annoying. Do you wear pepe? Do you wear a body protection like mask around your mind.
Speaker 4: No, you don't need to. It's really quiet.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's not about the sound.
Speaker 4: You don't even need to.
Speaker 2: It's for you.
Speaker 3: It's not breathing like you're squirting this water. It's just water dust. No, but it's dirt.
Speaker 5: No, it's it all stays contained because it's water. No stays on the ground, honestly, Okay, no worries about that. And hell, whatever you want.
Speaker 4: And oh it's it's not inhaling. Okay, So you're gonna powerwash, yeah, powerwash in. And when we're going to the baseball game. Oh, we're going to the baseball game. Thank you for reminding me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's six fifteen.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: I have a plates class at five. Oh, finish at six, okay, shower off.
Speaker 4: The game is probably not till seven six six, Yeah, okay, yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm glad to do it. I never regret going to a baseball game.
Speaker 4: No, you love hard.
Speaker 5: Every time we're down there seeing you there, they're fine. I this is fine because it's people watching. It's Baseball's reminds you of summer.
Speaker 2: It's just a summer. Everyone's going to be a nice No, one's not having a good time at the baseball game.
Speaker 3: People are there, like there because they want to be Yeah, and and it's a game you don't really have to pay that close attention to. There's so much going on that you can constantly be entertained looking at the signs and then get to play the little cap game where they hide the ball under the cap. And then a lot of noise though, no, it's when.
Speaker 2: You've been to twelve Taylor Show shows. You can handle it.
Speaker 4: But that's noise or early season music. Oh like the like they play a lot of stupid songs. Oh yeah, the walk up songs are I'm like yeah, but it's so loud.
Speaker 2: It's just it's fun though. I here's we have.
Speaker 5: A beautiful stage that the lighting is always gets me. It's like so vibrant, yes, and everything. So the colors are so vibrant. Yeah, that is exactly how I feel. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Why is that it's the lighting. Yeah, it's the lighting. It's always lighting.
Speaker 4: Its just and your way up and stands.
Speaker 3: It's still like, well we might be I'm trying to get us green seats. That's when you get to go like eat food. Yeah, but I don't think we are. I think we have regular seats, but that would be amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm going to eat before you leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, or get a snack down there?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Is there anything for you? You're vegan now, pascatarian? Pescatarian? Yeah, so you don't eat cheese? Wait, pascatarian.
Speaker 3: Okay, you eat cheese and fish cheese together? Why are cheese and fish never together?
Speaker 4: You're doing right? I do? Do you really cheese on it? Why not?
Speaker 3: A lot of times I guess there's there's cheese on a fish filet?
Speaker 4: Were McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Those were good?
Speaker 4: That's one thing I can eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you get Have you gotten one recently?
Speaker 5: Do you want to go to McDonald's when we're on the road and we want a fish sandwich?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I took our law to McDonald's recently. I like doing little touch screens and you just fill out your order when you go inside. We went inside, but there's nothing for me there. There is McCafe and they do have almond milk. So sometimes I'll get a you're amozing.
Speaker 4: I'm amazing because of that, because you're I've accomplished so much more in.
Speaker 2: My life because you're vegan.
Speaker 4: It's so hard. Oh yeah, it's just hard.
Speaker 5: It's not well, I know, but cheese is a big I could probably give up fish. I mean, but cheese is a big problem.
Speaker 3: I don't know. And not eating things I can really, I like, I don't. I don't find it. And when you're doing it for a good cause and not because you want to be thin, it's even more rewarding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet it.
Speaker 2: Is or easier to do.
Speaker 3: I guess it's just like I can easily make things that's not for me. I don't get that, like it's off limits. I can easily just say something like that's no more. Yeah, you don't get that. That's really amazing discipline. I guess it's discipline. But how you do that is thank God, I have a certain type of brain that's good at that. But then in other ways, I'm not. I mean, I'm like, I still smoke weed and I wish I didn't do that, And you know, I still eat skinny pop way more like, I still indulge over indulge in things that I do allow myself to eat.
Speaker 4: And it's not.
Speaker 3: If Now that's the sneaky part. You cut out the things that are bad for you, and then you overeat the healthy things to the point where you feel sick. I mean you, No one should eat a whole thing of skinny pop. It's not because it's fattening or something. But I should not be consuming a whole bag of if you're.
Speaker 4: Not eating anything up until then, it's kind of like a meal.
Speaker 2: I understand why it happens.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's happening because I'm hungry, but it's not a good thing to do for my body. I would never feed a child that, you know what I'm saying, Like, I would never be like that's what I would feed Poppy for her whole lunch for the like, She'll just eat a monster size of skinny pop plus a bunch of other random bullshit. Like I would feed someone that I cared about better things than that. So I have things that I'm not that disciplined about, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Right, But I don't think every once in a while eating a bag of pop cornice.
Speaker 2: No, I don't care about it at all.
Speaker 3: Actually, Taylor the other day was here yesterday and she was like, I just told Chris that yesterday I was hungover and I ate I ordered a large Emo's pizza and that's all I ate.
Speaker 2: The whole day was that, and she felt so disgusted.
Speaker 4: I go, but that makes sense. You probably didn't eat. That's why you got so drunk.
Speaker 3: You didn't have the next day, the day before, and then you wake up that you're starving and hungover, Like yeah, you just want fats and like r just let yourself have.
Speaker 5: It as shit, geez, that's pretty want. You want what you want to go.
Speaker 3: And sometimes it makes you feel fucking sick and then go maybe mad at you don't do that.
Speaker 5: That's the worst part, getting mad at your sea. Yeah, like how do I get over that?
Speaker 2: Well, you that's the that's the tough part.
Speaker 3: You just the healthiest version of myself will just say, well that girl that that overdid it or made are fucked up and ate too much, or like did this really bad thing. She's just trying her best, and that if you couldn't eat the whole bag of skinny pop, then you really didn't know. Then you wouldn't, but you didn't have it in you to not eat it. You just had to eat it all. And that's just the way it goes. And maybe right now that you feel sick, and you want to puke because you ate so much. Remember this feeling, and remember like where you could have stopped this feeling wouldn't have happened. And maybe next time, talk to yourself at that point and just wait a little bit.
Speaker 4: I never eat until I feel like I'm gonna throw up?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: No, Well, I mean.
Speaker 2: You've never felt like you were going to throw up because you ate so much?
Speaker 4: Not really? Oh well, I mean I feel like I kind of ate too much. It's probably twenty percent of women. But once again, have that I did not throw up? What I do not throw up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another thing. Does not throw up?
Speaker 4: That's the thing. Yeah, it's no, I don't get that feeling.
Speaker 2: Well, have you ever tried did you ever try to be bullimic?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Really no? Was it not like a thing when you were eighteen?
Speaker 4: I know that you know about it aversion to throwing up, so I.
Speaker 2: Would rather try you had never tried it, even if you thought it worked?
Speaker 4: No, No, I.
Speaker 2: Think most women my age have it.
Speaker 3: Not I'm going to say being fifty one percent, not all, but fifty like not, that's not fifty one percent.
Speaker 2: Almost.
Speaker 4: I have tried to throw women of my age and like socioeconomic status or whatever. However I grew up, American have tried to throw up their meal from feeling so disgusting because they ate too much. I could, but also, but I don't think a lot of times girls try to throw are bollamic. And it's not because they are going to throw up. They feel so sick they're going to throw up. Even though that is a thing. I think it's just get rid of it. But I have a lot of times been.
Speaker 3: So sick that I'm like, oh my god, like I make myself literally like I have food poisoning sick from eating too much.
Speaker 4: I'm scared to throw up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's good. That's protected you from Yeah, it has It's like heroin. I probably would have done it.
Speaker 3: Bethany Frankel says that she never eats. She doesn't like feeling full, so she never gets too full and that's how she stays so thin. It's like she has an aversion to feeling full. And I'm like, oh, that's a nice thing.
Speaker 4: Let's get that into our bird.
Speaker 2: You almost have it. You have the version of throwing up, so yeah, but that's not the same. Yeah, yours has a little past.
Speaker 3: Ye But speaking of Buthany Frankel, she sent me some wine that I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, send me a suitcase with that's my with my name.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I did her podcast ages ago, but I just got it last week, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's her wine. I forget the name of it, but it's like naturally young or something. It's like some kind of she has great branding wine. She's skin yeah, but it's one. There's whole suitcase of wine.
Speaker 4: So she was a vinegard I love her. Wait, you did her podcast, yeah, but ages ago. Yeah, So I don't know if this is a present from that, because sometimes they'll send something for doing your podcast their podcast, like a gift, which is always nice.
Speaker 3: But this just kind of came out of nowhere. So she might have just launched this wine and is just sending it to all of her friends for people that she's you know, might be like influential people.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give it to you. We're gonna we'll film a little video put her on my Okay.
Speaker 2: We'll go do that. Okay. Thank you for listening to the podcast, mom, Thank you for being here.
Speaker 4: Oh God, thanks for asking me.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Gilly for Gilligan's Island. That's her name, by the way, I don't think I said it.
Speaker 4: She's passing out. Oh she's exhausted, so glad.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so exhausting being this cute. Okay, guys, thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Live.
Speaker 3: Show is coming up this weekend Cleveland, Indianapolis. See you there then, I think Massachusetts up to that. So many tour dates nikeyslaves dot com.
Speaker 2: I love when Bessie show up. You know, I love you there. I love you. Thank you for listening to the show, and we'll see you tomorrow. Bye.