Speaker 1: Today's episode of the Command Center Podcast. We've got a Super Bowl recap. The Eagles are champs, but who was the last team to beat them?
Speaker 2: We were?
Speaker 1: We were? Did we get a blueprint for the Super Bowl? I think we might have. I think we did. So what do we need to do the Commanders to get to the Super Bowl game next year? We're going to talk about that today. It all starts right now. Welcome to the gland Center Podcast. I'm Will Good Paul today with Fred Smoot and to ten of miles that has always represented by cog Gear Technology, Secure Today, Shape tomorrow. And before we get into the show today, we're gonna do like a Super Bowl preview. We're going to talk about the commander's needs and the future, all that stuff. We just want to remind you we've got a Command Center podcast. We're doing it live, live day.
Speaker 3: Like that. Like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. Tuesday February eighteenth, seven to eight pm on Big one hundred. You can listen to us on the radio and iHeartRadio app. However, if you want to come, it's going to be at the Davios in Resting Now. It's residvation only, so make sure you call ahead. The number will be in the description. We'd love to see you, guys. I'd love to come out there and support. They did a thing with Adam Peters earlier this year, was a great event. You do a great job with that, So make sure you come check us out. That'd be awesome. But please don't just show up. You have to make a reservation. So let's make sure that happens. Okay. So we are also doing mail bag episodes. It's the off season. We want to know what you guys want to hear about, So please leave your questions at that Hawk outside. Got that it is gmail dot so that hawk outside at gmail dot com. And the hawk has been outside.
Speaker 2: Hawk has been here. The snow post to come here?
Speaker 1: Ready tonight? Right? What is today? Monday? Yes, tomorrow?
Speaker 4: You're ready for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Never ready for snow from Miami, dude.
Speaker 1: Just get used to you a snowbird.
Speaker 2: You are not Miami advice.
Speaker 3: No, that's why they say, hey, we had to do all this stuff early because I would be barricaded in my room in my home. You know, I don't do nothing to snow. I just perfect snow. I'm calling Uber eats there on the couch. I'm going through everything Apple, Plush, Netflix, every streaming.
Speaker 1: Do you feel sometimes I feel weird, like calling it the uber uber eats or.
Speaker 2: When it's not safe out signed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's their job.
Speaker 3: They get, they got, they got a bigger tip from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you give me ten.
Speaker 5: Dollars because just like somebody said, they watching the football game, but they cringe it because we hurt each other.
Speaker 1: It's our job.
Speaker 3: Someone told me one day, I hate watching y'all play because somebody got.
Speaker 4: To lose.
Speaker 5: The day somebody, you know, I'm just so happy swell the heat. They trail didn't get on their knees yesterday because they can fit.
Speaker 1: It was green.
Speaker 5: Like you know, I told you before the game, I was pulling for the philadefferent Eagles because I pulled for the NFC. Now, not only are we the only division with everybody has won the Super Bowl on a division with multiple everybody has multiple super Bowl I.
Speaker 1: Feel it was gonna be a Philadelphia day.
Speaker 5: I feel like Philly had the best roster and it roster showed doing it game.
Speaker 1: All right before we get to the super Bowl recap, because that's a really good tease there by friend, we do we are an educational podcast at our core and we fact check ourselves. Actually, you guys fact checked us. And so just to recap what the I didn't even remember. It was the trade between the Bears and the Khalil Mack. Right, that was the Bears and the Oakland Raiders. Okay, so the Bears gave two first round picks and a third round pick and a sixth round ye. The Bears received Khalil Mack, a second round pick and a conditional fifth round pick. Yes, so I think I read it wrong last time, and you guys were and you guys were very mean about it in the content. But we are educational. We're here to educ hit you and we want to make sure that information is out there. You got everything you deserve. I got everything that to serve.
Speaker 5: You were on the show too, and I think I said, I don't know if that's what the picks were.
Speaker 1: You agree with.
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Too many? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was too many pigs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of picks, so conditional return all that stuff, it's important. Yeah, And so I don't think it changes our opinion about get them here and what it would take to get him here. Obviously there would be some maybe some more maneuvering any means necessary.
Speaker 2: Did we learn anything when friend.
Speaker 1: Says might be necessary? If Adam Peters thinks it's appropriate, that's what we That's what I'm saying. But like a game changed himself.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying, like some players put like this, could you agree with me on this?
Speaker 1: I am Smooter Dumbags, the real draft guru. You, I'm a guy.
Speaker 5: Prospect, paulse I'm could you agree with me? Even though Dual Carter it's not a Miles Garrett in this draft.
Speaker 1: I would say that's probably true, although I do think he's close from a past rushed perspective, Yeah, he's close. But I do think that Miles Garrett special because he's done it, he's proved it.
Speaker 3: That's why when seeing how these guys was able to kind of go out there and pick the right kind of guy, whether they was a Mouse Garrett or not, and put him with a team that was going to play the way we play. You know, the culture that we said over here, that's what leads me to say.
Speaker 4: That, Hey, I'm not big on stretching, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, giving too much of just for somebody who I felt that have shown he's a Hall of Famer already.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Like, what more do he has in the tank?
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure still about twelve fourteen sacks a year.
Speaker 4: But do we really actually need a guy like that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think a guy like that opens up everybody else.
Speaker 5: So when I get a guy like that, I'm not count his sex, gotcha, I'm counting overall.
Speaker 4: Too much better everybody else gonna get.
Speaker 5: Cause we were talking about the Super Bowl, we would like say, go to had him in your but get what Saque did do open it up for Devon Ta's get.
Speaker 1: Ball a J.
Speaker 5: Brown because he's one safety in the middle of the field and not playing, So it's like, what all is he bringing when he's not making plays? And think about this, think about overloading the side having Miles Garrett on one Louvu on the other one. How many people got one on ones because they double team in him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really kind of affects how to do the light day point and to talk about Miles Garrett, he's a special player, no doubt, and he's special among special players, like when you watch those top guys. He's got multiple of ways to win, multiple pass rush moves, can line up in multiple spots like Stays. There's no doubt, there's no doubt that he's a special football player. It just you know, like, is the price right and is the right fit?
Speaker 4: Are you willing to give it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's exactly right. So that just to get that little fact check thing redone. But yeah, I think we kind of have our same takes as before. All right, So now let's get on to the Super Bowl recap. And just before we get started, was anyone surprised did the game went the way? Said?
Speaker 4: But I was because I was. I was rooting for the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I thought Andy, and I thought past you.
Speaker 3: Know, Patt and Andy would go out there and do what they do show, you know, be magical, you know, and I just feel like when you have SPACs on the other side, you know, we give so much credit to Pat Mahomes to talk about you know, I guess you could say just because how he started his whole NFL career, like he's been a winner from day one, and the way he plays the Buffalo Bills and all those other teams in his division, and he just finds a way to will his team to victory. It wasn't no will of your team the victory the other night. You know, his first half showed everything matter and he tried. He tried at times, he tried to be magically, tried to get outside the park and do things. Man, those guys over there in Philly, Man, you know, we talked about them being Juggernauts.
Speaker 1: They showed it. They showed us Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Saying, and we talked about this last week and I was like, the only roster spot that I felt like Kansas City group wise, it was quarterback and it showed like it literally showed throughout the game.
Speaker 4: Do you think we give jayden Hurst too much flak for?
Speaker 3: And I'm trying to see why because I feel that when every time we got ready to face him. Yeah, the whole I'm talking about nationally. You know, we heard that jayden Hurst have to beat you with a guess what he.
Speaker 1: Do with his Yeah? Well, Like, I think the one thing about him is when you look at our game or so, what is it the championship game like that was statistically, by grade by PFF grade his best game of the year. But okay, okay, so then his second best game is the Super Bowl. Outside of that, yeah, not not a on average, not a great season. So I think people look at him and they say, like, we don't know what the thing right, And so when he gets to the Super Bowl, like I heard this on Me to Time show today, like basically was saying like he does have this thing where he's like he's a gamer, but he brings it.
Speaker 2: He've been playing national championships a freshman in college.
Speaker 5: Like, we have seen this guy time and time again, and I think he's one of those players because he doesn't do any one thing great. He's not the fastest, but he can run. He's don't have the too as strong as on but he's accurate. The only thing you can say is okay, he got that it.
Speaker 3: So so it's safe to say if he didn't have the run game the way that he had it this year and make him more now to the point that where that okay, now show us because we're not going to give you that one safety out there. We're not going to allow you to have these open lanes and come to pass it. We want to see if you can really beat us, because you know, you see most teams when you saw how they played pack. Yeah, but they've been playing everybody like that. They rush with they're for, they don't need they don't need to. And now you basically out there. I don't know how many men you got en route, but you got seven defenders back there in coverage. Yeah half of the time. You see what I'm saying. So flip to flip it and put him in that situation? Do you think he get out of a situation like that?
Speaker 2: And I think that's why people don't want to crown.
Speaker 1: This is another craziest So time to throw for Jail It hurts. And I guess what it is average time to throw in the NFL's about two two point three four, Like that's average time to throw. I guess what it's time to throw is just three sicks three point seven. So talk about offensive line struggle, bit of the run game, but talk about dominating the gave and so what one of my one of my biggest criticisms, this is not a hate on Jailen hurds sound where he went. MVP deserves the m v P like he played well. He doesn't like to let it go unless he will list is open and so he'll hold that sucker. So what did that offensive line, let him don't hold the mess out of here, and again he scrambled and made good decisions. But I think that that's given context to the performance.
Speaker 3: So so that's basically where they have that little I guess. I guess you could say doubt when it comes.
Speaker 5: To yeah, Pat mahomes where elite quarterback can fix leaks.
Speaker 1: I think he's a guy this count of Dad Prescott.
Speaker 5: He needs everything around him like it was in Alabama.
Speaker 1: And Jared like he's still good good, Yeah, he's good, but he needs a lot of the lovers.
Speaker 3: He ain't winning the game, but if you give him the opportunity, he will beat you that somebody else you know, win the game.
Speaker 1: He's only throw it to the open guy. That's why he's the top. That's why it's between twenty and eight quarterback, right and not a top eight to one. Right.
Speaker 2: Does this win put him in him?
Speaker 3: Because it does, You're going to be able to speak up his name a little differently. But I also say this though, I'm just happy that he did put it on the guy one under the spell because he gets his name gets thrown around too much, and he has an astis by his name. The entire season when we watched the earlier games, it was his fault.
Speaker 4: Because he was losing. But I'm like, the defas gotta stop somebody, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm meaning.
Speaker 3: So now you see them be able to overcome all that, and you get to the part of the season where things weren't going so well and say Kwan took off and then he just still found his way. So that's I wanted to bring his name because I just felt I'm like, well, damn, this dude just shows up in the big game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I want to give some context to that, like I'm happy for him, like he deserves it. He played well and he and he does have traits that make it, like the leadership stuff, the competitiveness. But I think it's important to just give a little context, like that rosters impeccable, insane, Like that offensive line we just talked about what they three point seven seconds to throw is. It's an insane number. It's an insane in person. We had three times three times, and then Mammoth and then to say, oh we got Davante Smith, Oh we got Dallas Goddard, Oh we got a J. Brown was a bark And it's like I had the weakness and he's got to make it go. Yeah, Like so this is not but I'm just saying like if I I don't know, man, I can't have a better roster, not in his league. He seems that way right, Like it seems like a cart too. It's something like you would do on Madden.
Speaker 3: It almost seems like also just you know, going into this game, you would you would have if you'd have told me that the game was gonna be one because Jaden Hurst won the game basically went out there and scored three touchdowns, one on the ground. Well, we knew to push. This is gonna get you know, get seen in the rezone. But if you have told me that he was going to be the MVP, he's gonna be the reason why they win, I'll tell.
Speaker 1: You line, you know. And I think it's the other thing too, like just to put a little more and this is I'm not hating on him. I'm just trying to give a little context there. They had two interceptions, one return for a touchdown and one inside the ten yard line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like yeah, you know, team like the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he deserves everything you say.
Speaker 4: I'm happy for him.
Speaker 1: No, I have four too, because he deserves us, right, Yeah, I think that's like it's the team is so that the ruster is not. It's silly good.
Speaker 4: You've been saying they juggernas they are definitely.
Speaker 2: Saying.
Speaker 3: Philly was celebrating before the Super Bowl even started. The whole week was Philly Philly Week over there New Nightmare getting the kids. Everything I saw was Green. I'm like, man, so did they already gave Philly the trophy? Because it seemed like the fans of the.
Speaker 5: All Philly, like the whole straight foot out was Philly from like, I was like, Casey, f maybe they just failled and tired of going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I saw Green really was everywhere. Everywhere, it was wild, and this is something that we were talking about. So I knew there's one of those things where it's like they had the first three out, Philly went down and scored, and when Kansas City had their second three out, I was like, they don't, they don't get with it. They can't play with this.
Speaker 4: I was listening to my homeboy, and I tell you, we always had these conversations.
Speaker 3: I say, we talked football and he was like, Tanna, Kansas City offense sucks they've been.
Speaker 4: Watching them all year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do not want to see that in the super Bowl. I'm like, no, man, you know Pat Mahomes and Andy reid Man. You can't say that, he said, Tann, I'm telling.
Speaker 4: You when when that text went across my phone, did not tell you this offense poop?
Speaker 3: I say, Bro, you've been saying it all your loan, so I had to get your He's been telling.
Speaker 1: Me all your loan. He's a smart man. But every statistical like variable you look at ep A total points, first downs, they're down.
Speaker 6: They're like in the twenty four five. So it being repeented. If I think they've been repented. If no, I'm starting them, I'm starting them. I'm not to believe is rip thing with them again? Because now they didn't yesterday, Yes, how did they get you?
Speaker 1: Office didn't didn't tell you what I'll tell you. Having the best quote and making for the best quarterback in football. Like when you look at their third down percent percentages when they have to have it, Yeah, they're good. Two minutes, good, red zone good because dude knows how to deal. So I will say on that second third, Now, I was like, they haven't seen this. They haven't seen anything like like this, and we're I know we're gonna hp Philly up here a little bit, but like what I saw, I said this like it is the best defense I've seen in probably four years. Yeah, like easily, the way they cover, the way they run. Baltimore, they don't have a week, So that was that'd be interesting to go back to, like when Baltimore h Yeah, and you know, like those dudes when you although, however, when you look statistically like total points four, I think I just read this recently, so Baltimore was like seventeen point four and I guess what Philly is sev seventeen foy five.
Speaker 4: The reason why they're right there and and just what you're saying that alone.
Speaker 3: I played against that Baltimore defense with re and those guys, and the way the back end play was so different. You know, like these guys here almost they're almost basically back there just saying do the job and we'll.
Speaker 1: Sit back here. And I'm so glad you brought that up to that. It's such a good point because like one of the things about back in the day, when Baltimore's played like teams you had to stop the run. Yeah, you had, you couldn't play two high safety shells all the time. Here it's like two high safety shells. They matched up great, but then it's like those front six, like you guys figure it out.
Speaker 4: They figure it out.
Speaker 3: They get after, they get after Keister. So so it's almost like their secondary is protect. They got pretty good guys in the secondary, but they're so protected with just those front.
Speaker 2: Guys alone, Like they don't get these line backers swap paint. Yeah, Ron and the rest of you they swap paint.
Speaker 1: Man. Look at with fifty three man.
Speaker 5: Oh, the greatest thing going for us is this guy almost won Defensive Player of the Year Ken Dale four.
Speaker 4: What to keep him?
Speaker 5: Like, they got to pay the COVID dean, Like the COVID dean's hurt. They're gonna have to figure out some stuff.
Speaker 1: Though, right he's because he was strafted two three years ago, three years ago.
Speaker 5: But he was a fifth four hour years ago, three three years ago. This be his fourth year, so big play slave won't be there next year. So it's gonna Roseman's gonna have to work some more magic because the roster is starting to get.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy though, It's like He's got to work magic, no doubt. But like I think they have the most returning players under contract in the NFL. They got a youth movement, but like, like you think a roster that good would just break apart, like Tampa Bay was just a break apart afterwards.
Speaker 2: Kind of like what's going on in Cincinnati right now.
Speaker 5: They capsized and then they they like they said they don't want to pay top billion for everybody in their position, Like they don't want to give up Henderson, his Hendrix, his next country and he like top three in his position, Dan Jamont Chase will be top.
Speaker 2: Three, DNT Higgins will be top three. They just can't afford to pay them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so okay, interesting kind of talking point about Philly. We're gonna get Morning Kansas City here in a second. But the last team that beat the Philadelphia Eagles was US, the Washington Commands. So first off, I think there's a lot of cool things to talk about here. One like cliffs understanding of Philadelphia's defense, Jane's improvement versus that defense, and we'll talk about that all in a second, But like, how does that make you feel that we were the last team to beat him? And they did that.
Speaker 5: It made me feel like they should be sending us a Christmas call it because we knocked out the Detroit Labs and got them at Day Way Tampa out Day Way on. And it makes me feel good about our future because it tells me as good as they are with this complete roster, and we know our roster was kind of incomplete. We went punch with punch with the bully, and so if that's the measury stick, I feel good that we're not too far off.
Speaker 3: I feel good for the simple fact that I'm not even talking about the win, just seeing the game that the last game. You know that that that NFC Championship game, we fumbled that game away, But at the same.
Speaker 4: Time, you saw still have fight.
Speaker 3: You saw still have moments in the game where we was only down eight, down eleven, and we finally found a way to fumble again. But we showed that we had answers for everybody. When I saw that my team was able to find a way to make a play. Here, make a player have a seventeen play drive and the champs, you mean to tell me the champs that's about to go three for three peat with the greatest quarter player moved with the greatest quarterback that ever put on Some Jay's on the football field can't move the ball. Yeah, it makes you feel like, man, we got something we ain't too far away and too far away. So so I'm happy to say that. But at the same time too, you have to put in consideration. They are in our division.
Speaker 4: So it's one of those.
Speaker 3: Things where we used we know them, So that might be a little reason why we have at that secret sauce.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, do you think we could have beat in the Chiefs the Commanders? It felt like it.
Speaker 3: I mean, looking at it, I thought I thought last I thought when we played down the NFC Championship game, I said, the winner of this game should be able to be anybody in the NFI make it. Yeah, you know, I didn't know if it's gonna be Buffalo or the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, but they tried to say that the AFC because they got Lamar, they got Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: They feel like they got the top five quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 3: That was the only quarterback that I think I didn't want to see was Lamar in the championship game. Well in the Super Bowl, but I felt that because they had got down to the point it was going to be just be Buffalo or Kansas City.
Speaker 1: I wasn't scared of neither of those two that like Josh Allen Lamar and Patrick Mahomes like and Joe Burrow and Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: But to me, Joe Burrow he might be more scared than all of them.
Speaker 5: But get what I felt like, out of all those great quarterbacks and them good teams, I felt like Philip Deafel roster still that way through them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, But I think we have this precedent of like talking about to get to the super Bowl, you need an elite quarterback, and I feel like Philly has kind of broken that mold, like you look at Detroit's kind of breaking that mold. San Francisco kind of broke it when they went, but they've never been able to beat Patrick Mahomes. Yes, and now all of a sudden, the roster for Philly.
Speaker 4: Is just well that good.
Speaker 3: We know you don't really need an elite quarterback because it's been quarterbacks that hasn't been elite that champions all of this. You just need a quarterback that knows how to play the game, do his job.
Speaker 1: But I think like when you what he was, he did his job, but he got the bought. That's a great point. That was the that was the Baltimore. Yeah, the Baltimore defense was so good with ray Lewis and all those guys, and then they had the best rushing attack in the NFL that year. And we need to build that kind of team, and like it seems so hard to do that. But is it harder to build the best team in football or is it easier to find It's easy to find that quarterback. No, I think it's hard a quarterback.
Speaker 3: It's easy to pay for a quarterback, yeah, but it's harder to get that many guys on one team and be able to hold them, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I just think if you aggressive and free agents inside the right free agents, which we know how they go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's the thing though. Man, it's like when you look at them, like it's.
Speaker 4: You ain't getting that lucky? Like that that Philly team is serious.
Speaker 1: They're so lucky. I mean even even New Orleans Orlans had Drew Brees there and they had that great drive, a lot of more all of them, and they kind of hit on those guys. They become franchised components, cornerstones you gotta get.
Speaker 5: Come on, Philadelphia did not if they draft Spot was not supposed to draft Jaalen Caught, he feel because of off the field, and they ranto the podium.
Speaker 1: They didn't, they didn't stop.
Speaker 5: They ran to their podium and they understood who they wanted, what they wanted, and that when you get a generational player like that, don't forget. Come on, we ain't even talking about the fact they drafted Jordan Davis the year before.
Speaker 2: He a rotation guy. Yeah, Nolan Smith.
Speaker 5: They got Nolan Smith and Jalen Caught in the same draft first round.
Speaker 3: I tell you like this, and I'm speaking individually now talking about play years and their careers. I tell folks all the time, I'm like, you know, guys talk to me and ask me questions about who Hall of Famers and who it is and what it takes.
Speaker 1: I say, bro, you gotta have a little luck on your side.
Speaker 2: You can be a great player and not be a Hall of Famer easily.
Speaker 3: Not even be a Pro Bowl because you might not be in the right situation team enough, you know what I mean. So, so when you watch this Philly team and how everything formed together. You sit in yourself, like you need to tell me. Those guys was around in the draft and everybody had a chance to pick them, but they did so sometimes some of that is luck. Some of that they just failed in yours, your lap because they was right there for the taking. And that's why I scratched my head about it, and I say, you can't build a team like that to the in today's you know league, it's easier to get that quarterback because whether you get him in free agency, the draft, or he's a guy that you developed, you can get the court. You can get that one guy. We talked about this all the time. You say not, you say on every level in Philly team it's a death star.
Speaker 1: He might be all prodec I think about that, like you got to you gotta roll the dice four times on the defensive line and come up sevens right, and you gotta do it twice on from the last come up seven. You gotta find a good five seven and you gotta find a and the secondary is good, but you hit on Quinn and Mitchell, Darius Slay.
Speaker 2: And cooping the g come out c J. Garten, the Johnson.
Speaker 3: You bring a guy there for one year and he's the best lad back in the league.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was a special teams.
Speaker 1: Like I will say this about Philly, which I appreciate, is they go high ceiling prospects. Yes, they are a little bit. They still explain that to me. They trust. Okay, so there's a lot of guys that will say you, like, I'm going to draft a high floor player, so someone that might not be as good like Jofny Carter is a good example, Right, he's got some character concerns, gonna be to lead.
Speaker 2: But but the talent was niver question.
Speaker 4: So they ain't cam by what you do off the fielding came about what you're doing they.
Speaker 1: N I think they care about it. But I think, yeah, they trust their billing process to be like we've got Brandon Graham, We've got Fletcher Cox, got enough character guys, Yeah, building to keep him. And then like we trust when we draft offensive line, when we trust Stoutland to develop those guys, and we trust we trust Vic Fangio that he's gonna get Quinn and Mitchell and Cooper degen right to play in the Super Bowl. And that's where it's like, Yeah, we're looking at the draft here, but they've made excellent specifically this offseason, excellent coaching this.
Speaker 3: So basically they do what the Pitstsburgh said to do with their wide receivers. Yes, receive prince, but their character is boy beyond you know. Also when you look at what they do, think about this. Mackay Bickton came out top ten tackle.
Speaker 5: This is maybe they realized he couldn't play tax because they're like, he get played in three hundred and sixty pounds, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Put him at going and darre To say he approp to me a Pro Bowl goal.
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing that's crazy Itt. Like in the NFL, you don't develop tell really like it's not like part of who you like what you do. But you developed Jordan Malata, dude never played football before, he was a rugby player, comes in and is a baller, right, and you get Machai Vecton on a minimum deal, minimum like minimum deal, you signed him, you develop him with and again that's where to me, Like in the NFL everyone says it's not a developmental league. You better find something, somebody to something this because if you can develop in house talent, like look at the best offensive lines in football, Like there are first round picks on those groups. Yeah, but they've developed.
Speaker 5: Detroit developed that offensive line, Tampa Bay developed that offensive line. Hey, Kansas City Office line didn't look well. They was highly graded before this, like they got some houses on there.
Speaker 1: They just ran into a better.
Speaker 3: Decause last safe to say too, man, when you just watch and I'm glad we're talking about this because when you really watch what we saw from the metric, I guess you could say the maturity from our guys that we saw throughout the year, it seemed like you saw for the first time in a long time development like these These guys wouldn't just.
Speaker 4: Going out there and saying like, okay, put human spopper.
Speaker 3: We talked about Saint Jules at times, you know, not so good, but think about it, Saint Ju's had a better year than he had since he's been here, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's certain things that you might just can't do.
Speaker 3: But we saw a kid that couldn't do a certain things that we've been asking and then you saw him do it this year. So when I look at what we did as a whole, that's what gives me hope. To say that we might not need that mouse, Garrett, because they have a way of teaching guys to be that dominant, Like you get a you get Filer come in here, you got Lousu coming here. Like they went out there and got the right guys to fit what they do schematically wise and say, Okay, he's gonna go out there and get those sex because I'm gonna I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Put them in positions steam.
Speaker 5: But the scheme can only take you so far. When you need to talent, then you need a real like so sometime I need that, I need that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's a mix, right, it's a mix of free agency and it's a mix of drift. Right. And I think that's the thing is you got to make sure you're hitting right. And I think you mentioned the Makai back then thing, like that's a great point. And they did a good job of that of finding a J. Brown say on Barkley, like that.
Speaker 4: AJ Brown bought C. J.
Speaker 5: Gardenersep back like you. They went to the super Bowl and lost. He was there, he left and went to Detroit. They brought him back, came back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they brought him.
Speaker 1: Back and forgot about it and so it's a mix. It's a mix of drafting and making. And I think the tennis point bringing them it's not that they don't get the biggest name. Yeah, they get the right fit at the right price. And that to me, that seems like it's way harder to do. I think it is.
Speaker 5: I think that's hard to do because just because somebody was good here, don't make them good. He's seen it too often, Maybe just ain't. Maybe it could be so much stuff. That's basically. That's basically And I know we're getting on topic with some of these this stuff. But it's like when people asking who's the Jets quarterback? Do they go out and get Brafford again?
Speaker 4: Like he was there? He doesn't play well in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so sometimes you have to you have to, you know, you have to separate yourself from different markets or different you know.
Speaker 2: He would be good as a Jet.
Speaker 4: He wasn't good there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So Darnolds, I mean, and.
Speaker 2: Watch you talk about the last guy.
Speaker 5: You know, Reverend was the last guy before they started breaking in the dragon outstead of breaking.
Speaker 3: Think about Bradford. When I'm talking about Donald, for some reason, always bring him.
Speaker 5: I think he was the last guy that cast like a seventy million dollars number.
Speaker 3: He was the last right, he was the last guy got that big deal and they said putting the capping it right.
Speaker 1: Man for everybody, thank you, say not for me, but you guys getting drafted in the first round this year with him. So yeah, I think that's a really interesting conversation. And then let's just like talk about Kansas City for a second, about it, and I think it's an interesting conversation. People tell me, oh, like what is what do the commanders need? What do they need to do? Like how do they get better? And I look at when Patrick Mahomes is at his best, He's got five dudes in front of him who are dogs, who are good football players, and then that lets him elevate everything everything else. If I'm looking at the model, want to make sure that our guy number five has five absolute dogs in front of him, then are gonna like let him do what he does. It's like I think about the Philly game, you know, the the championship game. Just the composure, the competitiveness, the ability at the ball of his hands, quick to know what he's doing, tight window throws, like, you can't ask for anything better. You got the It seems like you got to got to eat. You got the guys. So with Kansas City, like when Mahomes has the guys, Yeah, he's fine. Yeah. I think about the Tampa Bay super Bowl. Remember that Super Bowl where he got ran all over the field. They couldn't get anything done. I don't know. To me, that's a that's a lesson to learn is look at look at Philly's offensive line. Look what they did for Jade Jalen Hurts. Look at Kansas City's off at Detroit's just go down the list. No, just look at even even the Bills offensive line, even Tampa Baltimore, Tampa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the one thing we know from history because history I repeats itself.
Speaker 1: When we won championships.
Speaker 5: Here we had the Hogs and on the other side of the ball, we had dextra manly Char's man trench warfare is football. The team with the best fat boys that smell like bacon, we'll win that game.
Speaker 2: It shows true how.
Speaker 4: Long would that take for us to build that kind of line.
Speaker 5: I feel like we'll say what we do, got we got a center, all right, guard, we got guard.
Speaker 2: Gotta guard all right, uh big Coleman, Yeah, we got a tackle. Now is he a legit left tackle? All right?
Speaker 1: Tackle didn't? Or is her guard is your guard? But that's fine that you got your So you got three out of the five. But I look at I look at let's look at phil. We just talked about Philly. Right, You developed, you found talent, you developed my lotta right. You drafted Landon Dickerson in the second round. You drafted what's his name, the center, I forget his name, but he they drafted him in the fifth round. He is a replacement just behind Kelsey for here. They developed him, right. The right guard is a retread first round pick. You get him, you developed him, right, and obviously Lane Johnson's first round pick. Right. Yeah, So I think when you look at and look at the bills, it's the same thing, doc, and you go down the lass. Yeah, some of them are high pedigree guys, caliber guys. But three of those guys you got to develop.
Speaker 5: You got to developers still, developers, still developers, still like you have to.
Speaker 3: I feel like I always hear he's talking about development office a lineman, And when you watch this play this year, you couldn't tell me that was the same line line from last year, a better coach.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, well, damn.
Speaker 3: So it's all about being coached, being well coach, and having the right kind of scheme. Because also we talked about our quarterback last year and at the time he's like, well, damn he got sacked.
Speaker 4: Not last year. Year before last we talked about how many times he was getting sacked, and he was like, well, a lot of a lot of that is not on the office of line.
Speaker 1: He'sa get rid of for me, I get rid of, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So to me too, that was scheme wise.
Speaker 3: You know that was so when when you saw these guys fast forward to this year. At one point we had some of the best officer line play the.
Speaker 2: Early year, the first ten games we ran.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 3: The only thing I kept saying to myself, like, I hope the injury voting on buying us late and it bid us late, and it bid us late, you know what I'm saying. So that's another thing too, Like that goes back to what I'm talking to. Have deal, got to have de because Jurgons, that's what you was talking about. This center Cam Jurgons like for them like they was moving one guy. I mean, when Ergons went out, they moved Dickerson because that's his natural spot.
Speaker 4: It is a center.
Speaker 2: They moved him to guard. So flexibility is what they hel Plus they got.
Speaker 1: Size and depth, size and depth. Yeah, so you're always kind of hunting for that, and I think that's that's the thing I would look at coming out of this game, right. And then the other thing is, like you mentioned this freight already, is the defensive line. Stuff like that just seems like when you have when you have a dominant group. This is something I've been able to watch the game yet on All twenty two it was I'm really excited to do. One thing, however about this group and they were dominant for sure. Is the coverage in the back end for Philly. It's sticky. It's sticky, man, there's no air back then.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, like you, you have those guys up front that we're saying we trusted in you to get out to the quarterback, but we have these guys in the back end, Like you have a kid.
Speaker 4: God just turned twenty two on the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: His birthday was yesterday, turned twenty two, and he's catching a pick six seconds of the house, yes, and like just sitting back there and I'm just looking at this. I'm like, Okay, so he's just sitting there doing his thing. But then you got big play Slay on the other side. And then you got your boy Queen Mitchell, Florida boy who just back there that had one to arguably you know, better rookie season in a cornerback play too.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, how do you Because they are used to that rush getting home, they play off man and they slow pedal, they slow they let you come to them, and if you don't come to them, they gonna come to you and go get tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It was no lanes.
Speaker 1: So the double click on this point. What I've mentioned this when we did the Philly preview, and I believe this one hundred percent. Do they have good coverage players, yes, Do they have a good defensive scheme, yes, But I think the most valuable pieces to the defense are bond and if you look get elite defense in the NFL, there's no It's not an accident that their middle linebackers really good because what they're able to do is fit the run and then get the coverage spot and you can match up on running backs and tight ends. So they have two guys like that, they have Cooper Gene, they have bought and then when when uh, the guy from Georgia, the linebacker Kobe, when he was doing that also right, So I think that's where I would kind of look and say, like, can you get an elite coverage linebacker that can fill zones? Flood zones knows what to do, like because when you watch him, it's like like when you watch the pick that he has, like they're trying to kind of lead, trying to loot that dude around it and talk about hips and feet open up gets. It makes it so hard. And when you watch the Commander's offense and the guys they pick on, it's those underneath hook players. Yeah, you're getting zones. Jane's gonna get the ball out And that was so hard against Philly because you have a guy like that.
Speaker 5: Can we debate this Dan because none of that thought about it. Is a interior rusher more inportant than age because the last Super Bowl champions all in the line that the number one Russian was interior Jaylen Cotton, Chris Jones on out the side and before him Aaron Donald, so could it be saying that a dominating deep tackle is worth more to it, I mean a defense than a age rushing So.
Speaker 1: I want to hear it. So a couple of things. One, I think anytime you can compress the pocket from the inside, that's a win. That's a win, right. I think you need all four guys to rush well to contain that, because if you press the interior and a guy steps out and you've boss contained, it doesn't meanything, right. But I think maybe after watching yesterday's game and watching Miles Garrett watching these guys, you need a guy who can create either quick pressure or internal pressure in turnment. Right, And so when you look at Michael Parsons, what does he do really well? I think he's got the highest quick pressure right now. Miles Garrett, same thing. Right. It's easier to manage edge players from the comatic stand because running back all that kind of stuff. So I would say, yes, you need a dominant pass rushing player on the interior, but it needs to fit in the like. So if you watch the game yesterday, obviously John Carter has a great game, you know what I mean. But the idea that the edge players, you know, swit and a game, Josh Wit. They can win with power and they're collapsing the pocket as opposed to running around run. I think that's something that people sleep on, is you need physicality, you need basically you need guys that can collapse the pocket. Especially with the way people are playing quarterback now, you just need people that can get that done. So defensive tackles tend to do that more naturally, right, think about Chris Jones all those guys. I think if you get power rushing ends, they can collapse the pocket and really force that tightness that you mitigate what makes But it is a.
Speaker 5: Longer route to the quarter back off they is from the middle of the field. So I feel like, if you're prison I'm pressing his center. I don't need to seck you you all the time. If I could push this center into your lap, I win. And if I could do that twenty thirty times in the game, I changed it.
Speaker 3: I saw his takeout like two of the two of the two of the top d n's this year, and Miles Garrett had no had no plays against us, He.
Speaker 4: Didn't even have a damn tackle.
Speaker 3: I don't think that game and I forgot who the other guy was who graded out that game or we played them. Yeah, so I saw us play to a well and be able to you know, Chip do things like that, get the ball on hand quick. So I believe just from from watching Brady for so many years. When Brady had bad games, he couldn't step up, we got a guy like you get a guy like Brady get it like Breeze. Breeze was so short. He needs to step up. He needs to get it over people head. So when you ask that question, I would say to me and not saying that my answers is right, I would think it be detailed d tackle because you need because if you got a guy that's disrupted up there and come after that pocket, where is he gonna go?
Speaker 2: He he's stopping more than just to pay and stopping to run.
Speaker 1: Also, yes, yeah, it's a great point. And again like it's just the different styles of Russia, the different ways guys can win. You need to like you need guys that can throw different pitches, you know, and get them all out there on the field together. It's it's important. And again like rushing together as a group is and you see that yesterday, like like they don't really have a plan, like kids. The city didn't have a plan. And the the other thing I was gonna say too is game flow to me is so important to developing a good pass rush, right like, when you're down by twenty, they're gonna throw the ball and what am I gonna do? I'm gonna two on fire?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Hurt?
Speaker 3: You know what hurted me more than anything when I saw how much time they spent on making sure Chris Jones was was not that hurt.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, is he hurt?
Speaker 1: Getting out the side on the next man come in?
Speaker 4: They like, now we're going to take a time out.
Speaker 1: We want, we need, we need.
Speaker 4: So I knew right in there, like, yeah, bro, they ain't got nobody here. They need him to be healthy.
Speaker 5: That's what happened when your Quarterbay makes four hundred million and Chris Jones making thirty five million a year, so you can't pay everybody.
Speaker 1: So lots of let's used to be learned from the super Bowl, for sure. And it was kind of even though it was kind of a maybe not the best super Bowl, like I thought, it was kind of interest, it's about halftime to.
Speaker 5: That not half the halftime was so petty when for like I enjoyed.
Speaker 4: Ante should have been like right on, you know you petty to listen.
Speaker 7: I was like, this is getting paidy out of here. When I seen Kendrick, when we get the camera like this this right here, just penny, like you know, this is what we need. Right when I see Uncle sat Jackson.
Speaker 8: This all Serena Williams crip walking. But you know Serena is she's a day you know too perform man. He used the day hunt O my god.
Speaker 2: So Kendrick brought to it Drake's exes, yes, yes, yeah, so pity.
Speaker 3: So I hate it for its geminis because everybody gonna think geminis feel.
Speaker 4: Like that like that, hey listen.
Speaker 5: And when I heard and you got realized what they I always say about a super Bowl that so everything.
Speaker 1: You know, the super Bowl crowd is a corporate crowd. Really, It's like when I was watching this, I was like, they're gonna hate this. Yeah damn not really.
Speaker 5: And when I seen them and they all got a unities and said a minor, I was like, oh, can't come like I went right then put on a black shirt and some black pants say I'm mad a fruit of.
Speaker 4: Finished right now.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, this is a Philadelphia crime. When they booed Taylor Swift from the dough, I was like, this is a Philly crowd.
Speaker 4: They have taken over.
Speaker 1: To New Orleans today. And the commercials. I was let down.
Speaker 4: That's still commercial.
Speaker 5: Ignorant.
Speaker 4: Well see what we got paid a pretty good note he did.
Speaker 1: Were trying to get him to do that for like five six years.
Speaker 5: He's on the commercial Muell trying to get him to do that one commercial really and I guess.
Speaker 1: It just pay child supports.
Speaker 4: It was like, man, I got go get right zero on the back of that thing. You sign me up.
Speaker 2: I did like the Dunkeys don't not commercials just so funny.
Speaker 1: I did really funny. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I love the Dunkeys. Don't not Commerca they would hate no stop Buckers. And can we all agree this. We have seen a side of Bill Belichick this last year. Hold on, hold on time? Do I got a man crush on me?
Speaker 1: Loud?
Speaker 4: Did that man walk in there with all the rings on like that?
Speaker 1: That's what talking about?
Speaker 2: He'd be wading so much.
Speaker 3: I know it white over right now that twenty four year old listen boys, you doing something to listen, Bill, let me beat the local, right.
Speaker 2: I love it because he.
Speaker 1: Looks so happy. He was a miserable coaching. You think.
Speaker 2: Bill looks happy with him, I say, mister t him.
Speaker 1: It is uh, it is interesting why like so buttoned up he's in the dunking commercials.
Speaker 2: It's like going back and forth being out.
Speaker 3: I said, Bill Belichick and lost his marbles and he walking in with all the rings and Bill stunning.
Speaker 1: But if I want a those supperts, I wear the rings. No, yeah, we all probably will. Belichick.
Speaker 2: Listen, this dude not the guy that said I'm just.
Speaker 1: One year. He had to.
Speaker 3: Change the total outlook of who he is. Like, I think he's ready to go to college. I think he's really ready to go out there domin the college. I think they can honestly see that you for woman, he got saying that college you for this dude. Some players going to Bill, man, I want to go, especially if they got any kind of military apparents. You're going to build like his hands down and no, Carolina is a hot bed of talent. They got talent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure to see what he does there for sure. But let's get back. So next segment, this is it We got to blood into this already? So about about hosting might be risking for the biscuit. How did the commanders learn from the Eagles already? Talk to us a little bit with the offensive line, defensive line specifically, the interior pass rusher. And as always this is presented by marsh McLennon agency, your partner in risk and people strategies. Right, So if I had to say, we did too, and I think those were maybe the biggest takeaways probably from the game. Yeah, if I had you pick four more right from Philly, Like, if we got to beat Philly, how do we do? We said, offensive line, the defensive line, interior pass rusher specifically, right, if I said four more, Yeah, what are they?
Speaker 5: I say, we want to Well, I think we got the quarterback corner corner corner right corner.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're just gonna try and kill Santana. I would have to get a quarterback now, I'm just saying cornerback play.
Speaker 3: I just feel like, don't get me wrong, and like, and I hate, you hate when we have these conversations because people think they're.
Speaker 2: Trying to race somebody race.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that, but to be dominant.
Speaker 3: You need strong plates. You know what I'm saying, Like, like, okay, say favors of that team. Then so let me cut you off this one second. So when do we say this.
Speaker 1: We're not saying that the people on the team are bad, all right, We're saying when you put your g gim head on, you got to think about how do we get how do I upgrade? How do we get to the top of the mountain. So, like, I love what everyone did this year, like literally, like this was awesome to be a part of Austin to cover the team.
Speaker 2: But if you got to get better with Philly showed us we still need to get better, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Did they were okay defensively, like like they were okay last year offensively, but they made a huge investment there because they knew they had to get better. Yeah, and that's kind of what we're talking.
Speaker 5: The first two picks on defensive players, and they brought C. J. Gard and the Johnson back, so they understood the messic. But I would say, I love b Rob, I love Echo. I just feel like I'm on a game changer back then.
Speaker 2: Do they grown trees?
Speaker 1: No, A lot of them. Yeah, there's a lot of them in this draft.
Speaker 3: I do believe to running back, but I, like I said before, I'm on the fence with the running best because I feel like if you get a bed of line, you can get those those yards that we didn't get against some of those style defensives.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And getting back to my point about the quarnerback play, I feel like bringing latim on in strengthened us, you know, but now let him play football, not oh, you're gonna follow this guy.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 3: I hate that whole I've always hated that because you can't single no guy out. I'm running full speed at you if you ever, and man, I should beat you, especially if I'm on this level.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I don't care who you got deon Sanders Reeves, Alan, you gonna get beat by somebody in this league, and man the man, it don't matter. So I hate that we put that kind of pressure on guys like Latimore anybody who plays that position.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 4: That's the toughest position in football.
Speaker 3: If you ask me, cornerbacks is one of the toughest positions along So bringing him in strengthens us. But get another guy or two that for them. Because think about this, This is one of the examples I wanted to bring up. When we had a young RG three at quarterback, why he was so successful that first year. Yes one we changed the offense for to fit him, but his receivers was all guys that You had a Pr god Son, a young pr got song in his prime.
Speaker 4: You had you had Josh Morgan that was young, still in his prime.
Speaker 1: Doll.
Speaker 3: They moved me from Z and put me in the slot. So now I'm dominating from came from outside, dominating. I'm eating on the guys in the inside. So you had all these guys around them. You still had Koolie, you had Fred Davis, all those guys at tight end. So you had Soap and my guy here, mister Polson himself, who got the guys around him that made him better, you know, especially the passing game, so he couldn't be wrong.
Speaker 1: He could throw whoever were gonna play.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean by our defense and our cornerbacks, like you want enough guys there with either whereas veteran leadership or who just knowing how to play football that you could never go on the secondary. Now you know, you could put them in situations where he's going to play corner the way I know he needs to play corner. So that's where I want to see more guys there that our true corners that I don't have to tell this particular guy he needs to press him. You know, you know when you got a certain Gamesah, no matter what coach told you, I want to do it my way.
Speaker 4: You say, you know what, Now, I gotta slow this. Damn put hands on this, dude.
Speaker 3: I need to see more of those kind of guys from us because I feel like we have the we have the skin, we have the players up you know, in front. We need a guy to that say you know what, screw screwed? Is this the only woman be able to slow him down and then be able to still do what I do?
Speaker 2: But I think this is said way until the next one, my second pick. I think we need a freakish tight end.
Speaker 5: You know, I always feel like the tight end is the quarterback's best friend. I really do you know, zach Ertz, what he did for us this year was unbelievable. Again took I want, I want.
Speaker 1: But getting a little long in the two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I need you to train somebody for me, and I just think of you only think we have one in the building. I think being syndic can develop into that. But when I say freakish, you want somebody to be like he can?
Speaker 1: He can?
Speaker 4: You want to nothing? Nothing?
Speaker 3: You want to you want to Jordan Reed, Yeah, Jordan Reid, people want to stand up.
Speaker 2: I want a guy that we alert on defense, like we have certain guys.
Speaker 4: We'll learned that we got one. I want to win in the draft Miami.
Speaker 5: On tight en, I don't really know what you're talking about. Roy, No, Roy, you could play. It is like six tight ends. It's like six tight ends in this draft. Who I think of high end talents. I want one of those guys because if you ever want us to play fair on defense, meaning we can't lean right, we can't lean left, and we can't lean to the run, put a good tight end on the field. You put a good tight end on the field, we play everything equal.
Speaker 3: It's safe to say this year when they tried to, you know, keep us honest offensively, they tried to do the best they could outside and they left by tight end one on one and they didn't think that zach Erthen still beat guys one and when he beat him to a potland You know what I'm saying. So I just want a guy who can get over you. Don't get me wrong, I understand that, but I want somebody can get up.
Speaker 1: I got a question about this, So like, obviously tight end, I think that's a really good point because again, like what Zach this year was so special, what a good tight end does from creating mispatches, when you can do for reformation like that, it's a huge deal. What a second receiver I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna get to that you can have a similar thing.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Is it is it?
Speaker 1: Is it terry tight end and then running back? Or is it terry and then another?
Speaker 3: So and I say this because I'm one of those guys. Like I said before, I feel quarterbacks will make receivers better. So if you got a quarterback like we have, those guys are gonna play play ball. But you get in one of those games where it's a dog fight, dog on dog and one of them dogs got you your dog by the neck. You need another dog. You need it, not a guy who's playing this. You need a guy to say, don't play with me, play with him you better. You better find a way, you know what I'm saying. So like when you look at Cincinnati playing and see what you know that.
Speaker 1: I feel bad at.
Speaker 3: Times when I watched those those guys play because it's a shame how we just forgot T Higgins is a number one received just happened to be in one beach, just so happened that he started, and he has a thousand yards with two or three years before on your boy, get Jamal Chase get there, and it's like, oh, well T Higgins.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, he's there.
Speaker 4: He's a guy. Now, No, he's not a guy.
Speaker 3: He's a guy that can go out there arguably be anybody's number one receive on their other team.
Speaker 4: So when you have a guy like that, he's a guy that if.
Speaker 3: You do say I'm a roll coverage over here, to to Terry to Jamar, you have a guy in Ti Higgins says you can't leave one on one, you can't leave you can't even try to double him because he he has that factor in them that he can go out there and dominate whatever you put in front of him. So good, I do believe it's all done. We don't need another guy like that.
Speaker 5: You know, a good number two helps number one blocks I mean reach his peak.
Speaker 1: But I guess somebody like the original question, can the number two be a tight end or does it have to be?
Speaker 3: I think it can be both, can be both. I think we saw that Zach was arguably our he's the number two receiver.
Speaker 1: He was the number two.
Speaker 5: But I think, especially from a defensive corner perspective, when we have two legit receives out there, we tend to not double the other guy. We tend to do things differently. We tend to play on an equal like an equal field. So maybe a guy on the outside, but to me, he has to be totally different. So just then, Terry, just think about some.
Speaker 3: Of the teams that had two to three receivers that was two of them was at least one Age and one of the Philadelphia so not I'm goinna get there when I'm talking about in our years the Rams, Brece Bruston, Hope, uh, Indianapolis Reggie and your boy Marvin Harris, Marbn Harrison, and then they end up getting stokely how that happened?
Speaker 4: So and then let's keep going.
Speaker 3: Arizona had Fitzgerald and Bowl. Yeah, Cleveland, I mean not Cleveland. North Carolina had Steve Smithe Smith.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know this thing about that, like that alone, like you go into those games, like.
Speaker 3: We gotta start two people, you know what I'm saying, and then the tight end could be whoever, because.
Speaker 2: Gonna be one on He's gonna be one on one whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it sounds like we're saying, you know, maybe a little bit more dynamic quarterback play corner sounds like some offensive firepower. Yeah. And then if there's one more position that we kind of had to look at, I got one that I'm thinking about, but I wanted to ask you guys before he started, before you.
Speaker 2: One more position. I feel good about the safe. This we need to resign.
Speaker 4: I love us. This is the first thing we need to do.
Speaker 1: He's a free agent, depending free agent.
Speaker 5: And Bobby Yeah, I won't Bobby waggon a Bay all right, So.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say so obviously Bobby Wagger bringing back the leadership. I think when you look at McGee, Yeah, that's the thing I would say too, is like can you find your Zach Bond, your Fred Warner, your Rokwan Smith and get him in there? Because I think about again, I think I think Bobby did a good job this year. But I think you do also see sometimes changed.
Speaker 5: You're not trying to be mean at GM's from the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Drake Greenlow is a free agent from the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knows him well.
Speaker 2: He knows him well, Dre green laws, mothers, paint swapping, Bobby Drey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just having a guy like again like getting to me. It's more about not.
Speaker 4: A GM boy be crying.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't cut him.
Speaker 2: I can't cut him. I can't.
Speaker 1: I won't do it.
Speaker 9: I say, cut anybody but your job in order for you to get some of these guys, you know what I'm saying, So getting that.
Speaker 1: Elite kind of underneath coverage player, a guy that you can speed to contact the football. Again, Like so we talked about offensive line, interior, defensive pass rush, pass rush in general, quarterback play, offensive playmaker, linebacker. I mean that seems like.
Speaker 3: I feel recovering the moment, and I think we cover them all things you think about, you said, receiver, We said on line in D line already, cornerback, you know, get up.
Speaker 1: Get up.
Speaker 2: So basically what we want to do is at least one person.
Speaker 1: You add that.
Speaker 5: I want to addt least one person to each room, and I'm not adding them for the floor. I'm adding them for the cyling.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: So so you want a guy coming in and always ready, I want on them.
Speaker 5: I want to shake up most of the rooms to the point where it's another alpha in every room.
Speaker 3: You're basically saying, if you was ready last year, you're gonna be You're gonna be ready, not ready.
Speaker 1: This guy, he's here to compete. I think that's some of the best teams I played for. They were hyper competitive and that's what you got to do. That's how it was.
Speaker 4: Man at that receiver room, like you bring them young guys in there, you'd be like, okay.
Speaker 1: So even though the even though this super Bowl is kind of boring on paper, I do think it's illuminating and I think it shows you kind of what the commanders need to do to get it. I mean to be to win.
Speaker 5: The Super Bowls were about every room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that's something that fans have our time with because again, like we love this team, Yeah, we have our time with you. Like what you're talking about, Like you love these players, you love what they did, you love their commitment, but how do you go from good to great? And that's the hard thing.
Speaker 3: And it's great that we don't have that problem of making those decisions. But I'm also great to have the guy here to make to make the whold to see it.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm loving. You know, we look at what I say, I don't I sleep well now, I like.
Speaker 1: Got to do, got to make the whole decisions man, And he shows and he's showing over his career and he's able to do that. But that's gonna do it for today's show. So please make sure you like the subscribeerver gets your podcast. Remember Davios seven eight pm, Big one hundred iHeart Radio. You can come by. The phone number for the reservation is in the description right, so make sure you check that out. We're also doing mailbanks that's coming up soon too. Please make sure you leave that.
Speaker 2: At and Houp outside. It's email dot com.
Speaker 1: There we go. That's gonna do it for today show. Thanks so much, guys,