Speaker 1: I miss the green.
Speaker 2: For example, I'm already upset. When I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset. And when I find my ball in a fried egg Friday Egg, the dreaded Friday Egg, Frida Egg, Frida Egg, Bride Egg, Lie, I'm about ready to run off of the course.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to another edition of the Frida Egg Podcast. I am joined again by Kyle, Nathan and Polly. We're gonna break down last week's Career Builder and the Abu Dhabi Tournament and look ahead to this week's Farmers Insurance at Tory Pines. Guys will come on, Hey there, we're going, Andy, Andy, Paul.
Speaker 3: Good to see you guys again, or speak with you guys again.
Speaker 1: I should say, yeah, I'm down in the uh. I don't know what you would call it the epicenter of club pros. This week in Orlando for this PGA show, I'm on a search for my new air Westies. Since Westwood is no longer with foot Joy, it's left me shoeless. I can't I can't even wear those old air Westis anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, the good thing is you'll have seventy seven thousand different brands of shoes to choose from making your way around the convention center.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna make one lap around there. I don't know if I can I can handle it.
Speaker 3: That's like going through Dante's Inferno.
Speaker 1: So did you guys watch golf last week?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: I Actually I wound up watching more of the DABI event then the PGA golf. I really a big statement by the European Ryder Cup team this week.
Speaker 1: No, pretty crazy. Sergio won two in Singapore with them. But then rom and Fleetwood. I've been saying it for a while. The young players in Europe are really good. You know, Peters and d Tree and Paul Dunn's really good player who he was in the final. He was held the fifty four whole lead at the Open Championship as an amateur. And then you know they've got still like I mean, Rose is playing the best golf of his career the last eight weeks, and Sergio is still around.
Speaker 3: I mean Fitzpatrick right there too, he was what a couple off the couple off the lead?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And uh and Rory first start back.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you got the The Euros are really strong up on top of just a matter of whether the last three or four guys on the euro team are gonna be able to be at the same caliber some of the US players this year.
Speaker 3: It's a fun storyline to watch all year. I feel like it's one of the more anticipated Ryger Cups in recent memory. I feel like it should be a real battle.
Speaker 2: And I think you're gonna have some good players left off of both teams in terms of the captains picks there give me some very difficult decisions.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, It's one of the things Doak said about the Ryder Cup and why there's such drama and interest in it is because these guys are selected based off of their whole year and regardless, like thirty three percent of them are going to come in in really bad form. And that's the interesting part is watching guys play bad golf. Kind of a right. Never thought of it that way before, but it's very true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't always get the h Rory Patrick Reid, you know, throwing birdies at each other. You sometimes get the war of attrition.
Speaker 1: Would you did you guys watch any of the Career Builder PAULI? Where you watching Rom?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Definitely definitely, Did I mean Rom just kind of dominated the field. It seems like, you know, looking back, it was obviously a close result, but I feel like if he just put it a little bit better, he easily could have won that tournament by by four or five shots. I mean we kind of saw that on Sunday based upon how he kind of you know, didn't necessarily capitalize early in his round where he should have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't burdy a par five on Sunday, I saw he was like negative almost negative a shot on strokes gained around the green in the final round, so he was putting on a chipping expos a. Mike should have probably pulled out the Texas wedge possibly, But those I mean the drives on eighteen he was hitting with the three wood, I mean they were just lasers. You got trouble left and he just stand it. I mean, just has no fear. And he's one of the best ball strikers in the world.
Speaker 2: No, And that's one of the things like I enjoy watching that t shot with having the you know, the tracer on there so you're actually able to see the ball flight. It makes it makes you see how good those tea shots actually are. By rom that he did in the playoff.
Speaker 1: You know, I saw that CBS is introducing shot tracer on all eighteen holes this year for their coverage. It's welcome to the twenty first century for them. Did you guys take away anything else from the Abu Dhabi Tournament or the Career Builder?
Speaker 3: You know, one thing I noticed in the Career Builder was in the playoff you could definitely tell who was the more experienced composed golfer. I felt like, you know, Rom had a chance to win. It was it the second playoff hole. I think he had a real good look and just hit the putt through the brake where you could definitely tell when Landry was putting for the win. I think on the third playoff hole just kind of made it hesitant, waved at the ball, you know, the tendency to get under the gun and leave punch short, and it just that's what stood out to me. Was not necessarily golf, because they were both hitting pretty good golf shots, but the uh, just the different poise when they were putting.
Speaker 1: You know that that last putt Landry hit was not a good pot either. I mean he knew from like the second that ball hit the club face it was not going in right. He didn't even leave any drama for viewers by like holding his pose and you know he was walking.
Speaker 3: No, no, that was that was out the whole way.
Speaker 1: That's That's like when I get one of those like three foot left to right sliders, I have a tendency of just you know, hitting them, starting them right of the hole, and it just you know, I just start walking immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, when you get about halfway into your backstroke, you're like, oh God.
Speaker 1: Paulie, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he just one of the things of the Kerb builders. We continue the trend of close results. So I think this is the sixteenth time in the last thirty seven years that it went to a playoff, which is kind of an insane stat And then you and you looked at John ram Is only the second four and winning in the last fifteen years, or besides Johnny Vegas back in twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: How about rom getting to world number two at age twenty three and doing that without a major championship. Pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we've seen a couple of guys in the past.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: I think I think Jordan did it when he originally got on tour and the first year wasn't necessarily to second in the world, but he made a rise from you know, way down on the bottom up to maybe in the mid twenties. But you know from rom moving from the think mid five hundreds the second is a pretty metioroc rise.
Speaker 3: It's crazy too because a year ago today he still hadn't won yet. He was still waiting on his first tour win. And you know he got up this week at toy But that's that's crazy. Guy goes from not winning an event to second in the world in a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just keeps top fiving and all the you know, all the events that have high level of you know, strength of fielding there and so he's it would build up his world golf rank in that way.
Speaker 1: I've been kind of monitoring the status his percentage of top ten finishes, and it was like forty five percent I think a week ago. So he's got he's forty eight percent and that includes when he was an amateur, So like forty eight percent of the time that he plays he finishes in the top ten, which is just it it's way too early to play something. But like his consistency, like it's got to be he's the most consistent.
Speaker 3: Yeah you want to say, but not say it. Yeah, yeah, I mean I can tell you were hesitant to say it. But it's I mean, that's about the level of consensus consistency he's playing it.
Speaker 1: He's got four wins and forty he's just under ten percent win percentage, which is insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's it's remarkable.
Speaker 1: Rom now goes into a title defense week, so we'll go to see the first time he defends the title, and it's at Tory Pines. But the big story is the big cat, Tiger Woods making his twenty eighteen debut at an event he's won seven times, and he's also won a US Open at Tory Pines. So what do you guys expecting out of Tiger?
Speaker 3: I speaking of those eight victories, I saw a crazy stat from Justin Ray today. He said, notable players with eight official tour wins in a major Jeff Ogilvie, Justin Rose, Mike Weir, and Tiger has eight tour wins and a major at torri alone. So I think you get it. You'll get a really good indication of exactly where his game is. Obviously, last year, excuse me, he played well at the Hero, you know, well enough to get people hope and really struggle to Tory. So I'm looking at it as a huge barometer to see how the rest of the year will play off for Tiger. I still don't know. I hope he wins four times five times, but you know, if he can you know, be in the top ten to fifteen, I think that might be him winning again. This year starts to become realistic. But you know, if he MCS again, and of course obviously he plays so well and knows so well, I'd be concerned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in terms of Tiger this week, I think he's gonna play good t to Green. It's just a matter of how he does around the green because we saw one of the things he struggled with the Hero was, you know, chipping around the greens, and with the rough up around here at Tory, he's gonna be definitely missing some greens. So it's gonna be key to see whether he can actually you know, scramble and get up and down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I almost think that that long grass makes it easier for bad chippers to chip, or if you're struggling with chipping, I think long grass is easier than short grass, agreed, I can.
Speaker 3: I can agree with that one hundred percent from experience. It's it's very easy. He just open the blade and pop it up, whereas you're trying to nip it from a tight line, it's much more difficult.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I Jeff Ogilvie told me that he's like, the worst thing is the long grass around the greens because it diminishes short game skill. And I think that's it's so true as I think about it, Like, if I'm struggling with my chipping, the last thing i want is like short sighted tight lie in the fairway, I'll gladly take juicy rouff that I can kind of play like a sandshot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also ingrained in your head. I feel like when you're you know you're short sighted in the rough, you got to play a megaflop in the you know, your expectations to get up and down are fairly low. But if you're you know, you just have a pitch from the fairway, you know, stop and check it. You should be able to get that up and down, So you put a little more pressure on yourself too. So I agree completely long rough is probably easier to play out of than a tight, wet lie.
Speaker 1: So one thing Tiger did so well at Albany at the Hero was he drove it really well. The fairways there are really wide this week, very narrow, and the rough is very very penal Pauly, do you do you think he's going to have a good week driving the ball? I mean, is that the really million dollar question with him.
Speaker 2: I'm not as much concerned about driving off the team because he's gonna be able to hit it far enough up there to where he's still gonna be able to advance it around the green there. And that's where Tiger's kind of played well at Tory in the past is even if he doesn't hit the fairway, he has enough strength to where he can still hit a pitching regend nine iron out of the rough and get it, you know, in the middle of the green because the green's a Tory kind of all camber towards the middle, so he's gonna be able to give himself at least makeable Birdie puts in that you know, twenty to forty foot range.
Speaker 1: Tory's the quintessential tiger proofing golf course. And it's just you look at the golf courses that Tiger won a lot at They're all very long, so you got you got Tory, Firestone and bay Hill. There are long courses with like trouble on either side. You got to hit the ball straight off the tee. And for some reason people thought Tiger proofing would work making courses longer and narrower, I mean, and then he just won more and more of those courses. It's pretty fine. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And going back on Kyle's point earlier with a crazy stat, I got a few other Tiger stats here. So in Tiger's seven wins a toy, he's a combined to one hundred and twelve under par, beating the next best player by twenty three shots in those events. So that's pretty solid for those seven wins. And then the last seventeen times they had the tournament here, Tiger is the only guy to win by more than four shots, and that happened three times.
Speaker 1: That's dominance. There's a there's Tiger stats for like every day of the week. I feel like you could pick out a new crazy Tiger stat. So what are we sending the you know over under on his finish this week? Like thirty fifth?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking he fit. I think he makes the cut but probably finishes somewhere fortieth to fiftieth.
Speaker 1: So you're going over thirty five.
Speaker 2: I would go over thirty five, just barely.
Speaker 3: What about you, Kyle, I'll play Devil's advocate. I'll take under thirty five, but just barely. What's crazy is I was looking up the odds for him to win there right now. They're twenty five to one to win, which is crazy low, and he's only two to one to make the cut. So I don't know. I think he I'm gonna say, I'm going to hope that, you know, without the long Asian trip, he will come in in better for him than he did last year. And I'm going to say he makes the cut and finishes twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: I just don't think he's gonna put four good rounds together. He hasn't played a lot of tournament golf in the last two years, and I just think he'll have one round where he'll shoot a seventy four. Hopefully it's not like one of the first two rounds. But I think he finishes fifty to sixtieth somewhere in there, but hopefully just healthy. That's why he needs reps. He needs reps yep. So this week, you know, the sponsors axemptions are actually interesting at Tory. So you got Sam Burns, who was a All American, one of the best players in college golf. You've got Cam Davis, who was the Australian kid that just won the Australian Open. He's twenty three. You got McNeely again, that was kind of a disastrous miscut from him last week. What he shoots seventy seven in the third round and miss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he messed up in the last couple holes coming in.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, he made a five on seventeen. So you got Maverick mcne former, uh number one player in the world as an amateur. But then you got Norman Jong who won the Western m last year. He's a stud. He's a sophomore at Oregon. He I remember the first time I saw Norman Jong. I was I went out to the ntaas last year and I remember, like, you know, reading and hearing about this freshman for Oregon, and I like was looking around. I looked at their team and I was looking for like a little kid that was like a skinny little freshman and this guy's like six' three and like has like giant. SHOULDERS i, mean he's a monster mashes the. Ball it'll be. INTERESTING i think he's going to turn pro after this. Year IF i had a guess and then will zl taurus uh unbelievable ball. Striker you might remember him for having like kind of like a yippie stroke at the usam At, riviera but he's a pro now. Too he turned pro after first, semester so. Interesting sponsors. Exemptions they actually used him on young, guys which is. Rare, paul you get to roster any of these.
Speaker 2: Guys potentially you have guys Like davis and McNeely And john who definitely hit the ball far WHO i think could you, know potentially make it into my lineup on on. Draftings i've always been always been impressed with how how McNeely hits hits the, Ball so we'll. See still have a few days of a side on.
Speaker 1: That MM. Hm So rom and title defense is he is he your guy you're rolling with with for one and? Done?
Speaker 2: NO i actually Used rom last week and one and, done SO i was very happy with that. Result SO i will not be able to use him this. Week but there are definitely a couple other. Options SO i, mean, obviously if you haven't used rom he is a potential, option but you may want to go with guys such as Maybe Patrick cantley Or Tony finow or maybe A Xander schoffley this.
Speaker 1: Week, YEAH i can't. Leave this is a great course for. HE i feel like he's added like ten. YARDS i, mean he hasn't played a ton of, events but it seems like he's hitting it really long this. Year And Southern california Kid cantley is a great pick this. Week and THEN i agree with F now what do you think about going with Like?
Speaker 2: Fowler i'm thinking he may want to Use fowler possibly next week In phoenix as a choice there or potentially one of the.
Speaker 1: Majors, kyle who do you?
Speaker 3: Like you, know everybody you touched. On the one guy Who i've actually used here a couple of times Is Chucky. Howell he's like he's never missed a, cut, RIGHT i think he's whatever he is fifteen or twenty, something fifteen out of fifteen or twenty on twenty and a couple of runner up. FINISHES i THINK i Like howell and you, know keep the big boys for later in the.
Speaker 2: Season, yeah how can. Definitely it probably is a very good chance in terms of providing value for a top ten is the question Is ken controls how actually win the. Tournament and that's the only thing that's holding me back from putting him in this week for a one and done.
Speaker 1: Purposes what about your Boy snataker you two burned from last? Week, no it's it was it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the best result last, week but you know in the grand scheme of things that he missed the cut by two. Shots But i'm just not entirely sold based on WHAT i saw last. WEEK i, mean one of the things THAT i was watching him AND i think the seventeenth hold island green. There it's you, know most guys are hitting wedge or nine. Iron he gets a nine iron thirty yards right of the right of the pin in the middle. Lakes so that's a little concerning to see see shots like.
Speaker 3: That you don't like, Shanks.
Speaker 1: No it's it's a sign of poor ball. STRIKING i. Guess definitely it's maybe a little rust on Senet O, kerr but defending, CHAMPION i feel like he could be a good little contrarian. Play he always he puts so well On Poe.
Speaker 2: GREENS i still think a lot of people are gonna pick him this week just because they're gonna look up his record and see, that oh brand, Stunnaperer oh he's one here, before and just kind of automatically choose him because he has you, know two wins and two seconds in his last eight appearances. Here SO i think he's still gonna be a popular play for people that don't want to burn a rom or follower this.
Speaker 1: Week you, know looking at at DraftKings and, pricing it's, like why why Is Phil mickelson priced at eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Hundred it's probably because of how he's played here in the. PAST i think he's won here a couple of. Times so based upon that and the fact that they kind of tend to price up some of the more popular. Players that's the same reason that you See Tiger woods this week at ninety seven hundred as the fifth most expensive, player because they realize that they put you, Know tiger down at eighty five hundred or fill down in eight, thousand you're gonna have so many people roster him that it's may not be as much on that, way that's.
Speaker 3: Hilarious he's the fifth most expensive.
Speaker 2: Player, yes which goes in line with The vegas odds which had him you know, one which IS i think the fifth or sixth the you know favorite.
Speaker 3: There what what percentage of people will roster.
Speaker 2: Him, Tiger Phil, Tiger tiger and. Tournaments i'd probably say fifteen percent Though, jesus which is which is. Crazy but if you kind of look at, that in that price, range you Have tiger at ninety, seven no one above him until ten, six and the guys below him are like Are Brian harmon And Patrick. Cantley so if somebody's in that range that's just a general golf, fan they're probably gonna Take Tiger. Woods if they're, not they're not following the tour that.
Speaker 1: Much, Right, Right so you like for, tournaments you're going to stay away From tiger this?
Speaker 2: Week, Yeah i'm not going to Play tiger until he shows me that he, can you, know have the ability to. Contend it'd be different if he was like seven, thousand AND i thought he's gonna be. CHALKY i might potentially play. Him but at ninety seven, Hundred i'll just let fifteen, people fifteen percent of people take them And i'll just you, know let them let me go with the fortieth place, finish.
Speaker 1: SOMETHING i didn't follow up looking. INTO i remember Seeing tiger or saying Seeing phil say before last week that he really found feels like he found something with his, driver AND i didn't. Do you, know how he drove the.
Speaker 2: BALL i think he drove all pretty well last. WEEK i think he just hit his irons kind of. Bad that's the way it seems TO ea got off to a hot start in the first. Round he thought, everything it feels back to, normal and then you just kind of just taper it.
Speaker 1: Off that's it makes me a little bit more bullish on Playing phil this, week IF i mean historically he's one of the best approach players of all time in. Golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah the only thing that concerns me is That phil used to play the courses very well before they got. Redone but in his last six attempts here and he's missed the cut four. Times so uh, that in combination with a miss cut last, week stand off of fill this.
Speaker 3: Week what your name we haven't talked about yet is Mac. Leishman he he's got two runner ups At tory and you, know it wasn't too long ago we were saying he was going to Overtake Jason day as the Best australian player in the world right.
Speaker 2: NOW i think he is Well leishman here is that if you look at what's actually made up to the, courses you have The Coclear fairways And Poe. Greens that's the similar grass THAT i think he grew up on In, australia so he's pretty comfortable playing off of those. Services SO i think that might be why you've seen a lot Of australian guys have good results here. Is you've, had you, Know jason daywin, Here leishman finished second. Twice you've had even going back a little, further you've had guys Like michael sim Or Nathan green even finished runner up, here who Are australians wouldn't necessarily think would play.
Speaker 3: WELL i haven't heard those names in a.
Speaker 1: While Michael simmet is a blast from the.
Speaker 2: PAST i think that was twenty ten he did.
Speaker 1: THAT i wonder what happened to that, guy why he had like one of the greatest web dot seasons of all. Time where are they?
Speaker 2: NOW i THINK i think he went back onto the web dot com after get knocked off for THE Pga tour for a year or, two and THEN i think he's kind of went into the abyss after, that.
Speaker 1: Need cody to fire back up the where are they? Now? Serious that's?
Speaker 3: Great where are they?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah so getting past the studs DraftKings you Like rom And.
Speaker 2: FOLLOWER i actually probably wouldn't Roster rom this week BECAUSE i think he's going to be very high owned and probably more likely to Go. Follower when you have a guy win the week before and then go to a course where he won last, YEAR i think you're going to Have rom probably be close to thirty. Tournaments So i'd rather stay away from that and Get follower or Potentially macia'm at a third of the.
Speaker 1: Ownership what About Justin? ROSE i, mean arguably he's been playing the best golf of anybody in the, world and he's got the form.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: Yeah the the one thing that concerns me Is rose having a flyback From Abu dhabi, here so there is gonna be the jet, legs so it may take him a day or two to adjust to the time difference coming. Back so and we've seen guys in the past have issues with, that such AS i THINK i THINK dj last year played over, there came back over here missed the. CUT i, mean the one thing that's that weird To torri here is that we've said a lot of the top players missed the cut in the, past so that might happen again this.
Speaker 1: Year do you think that's just because the golf courses is so. Challenging if you're a little, off the scores are just going to. Balloon.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think it's because the course is challenging and it's early in the year to, whereas like last week at The Career, builder if you hit shots that were a little bit, off you didn't get, Penalized whereas if you hit a shot out of the fairway, here you're going to be. PENALIZED i, mean if we look at last, year you Had, Kopka, CHAPEL Dj, Day, Fowler, Walker, Berger woods And shockley all missed the cut.
Speaker 1: Here that was that was Pre xander being THE x. Man now he didn't have His, yeah, TRUE.
Speaker 3: I agree with. That you can't fake it At. Toy you, COULD i mean you. Could you could fake it and shoot four or five under At lakeensa, probably BUT i don't think you can fake it and shoot four Under. Tory.
Speaker 2: Yeah And i've seen the same trend going back to twenty sixteen and fifteen as well with you know you got you got ten guys that are arguably with inside the top fifty in the world at that, time you, know missing the cut which you just normally don't see on a non major, slash you, know huge field event like.
Speaker 1: This so getting into these middle tier guys and, UH i mean upper middle tier where these guys could be sneaky one and done plays, too.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah that's kind of getting into the kind of like The Xander schaffli down to like eighty one. Hundred you, know it could be a potentially good one and none play this week because his strength is hitting a long straight, drive which we'll put you in very good position at toy here on both.
Speaker 1: Courses what About Alex norrin Making why is he playing this?
Speaker 2: WEEK i am not, entirely entirely sure why he's playing. Here SO i unless he's maybe playing to play in the next couple of, Weeks i'm not. Sure maybe he's Playing riviera in a few. Weeks i'm not not quite sure why he's playing in THE us this week as opposed to over In.
Speaker 1: Dubai Brendan steele seems to play really well On West. Coast, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: He's A california, guy so he's very you, know very comfortable putting on the pole greens that are on The south, course even THOUGH i think The north course is now bent grass greens they redid a few years. Ago but he seems to be very comfortable on this. Track SO i look for him to finish you, know you, know top, twenty top thirty again BECAUSE i think he's made his last five cuts here and finished top fifty and all five of.
Speaker 3: Those how ABOUT jj, spawn did he was he in the final group last year or he was in one of the last few groups last? YEAR i think, YEAH.
Speaker 2: I think he was in one of the one of the final. GROUPS i, KNOW i know he finished ninth last. Year so he's actually one of the Guys i'm looking looking to kind of break out possibly over the next couple, events because he's going to tracks where he's you, know he's played, Well he's played you, know ninth here last. YEAR i think he finished fourth at The, phoenix which is where they're going next. Week so he's a guy that's been trending up played well in the. Fall we'll see if you can kind of carry it over to beginning of the.
Speaker 1: Season ali had a good finish here. TOO i remember he was another rookie that played well, here, Right.
Speaker 2: YEAH i Think. ALI i Think Tide spawn last year in ninth place as, Well so he's another guy that kind of plays well during this you, know one month time frame on The West Coast, swing playing well At, toy playing welllet In phoenix THEN i think he had a top ten At rivier as well last.
Speaker 1: YEAR i Mean Schneider jans his game fits really well. Here he's so long off the tee, that like you said About, tiger he gets to a point where he's hitting such a shorter club in if he misses the fairway.
Speaker 2: Exactly because if he unless you're amazing with the short, game and some of the guys that have won, here such Like snedecker or even like A Ben, crane unless you're absolutely getting up and down from every where and putting lights, out it's very difficult to contend out.
Speaker 1: Here so with that in, mind you, know heading down to some of these lower, guys who do you like from the you, know kind of seventy eight hundreds in Down.
Speaker 2: So some of the guys that like down there would. BE i Think Johnny vegas seventy Seven hunter is. Interesting he's been on a little bit of a roll the last couple of, weeks and he's also had some pretty good course history, Here So i'd probably be rostering him in some of my tournaments BECAUSE i think he's last three times here he's finished top, thirty and then he's finished eleventh and seventh in his last two starts this, year so that's a pretty good trend coming together. There did you see anybody down there that.
Speaker 1: You guys like what About? Han he played so well At where was that At? Sony?
Speaker 2: Yeah he lost in the lost in the playoff N, SONY i. BELIEVE i THINK i probably rather play him in somewhere maybe Like riviera or something like. That he hasn't finished inside the top forty and his five starts here even though he's made three of the, cuts so it's probably not the best fit for. HIM i think he's better fit for somewhere Like, riviera WHICH i think HE'S i think he won there right in the.
Speaker 1: Past, Yeah, yeah that's WHAT i was. Thinking is because of the, grasses But aaron, wise he drives it great so and he's really really long and he had a good week last. Week that could be a good. Pick.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think you could have a lot of the younger guys because you, know the typical prototype for that is hitting the ball long and. Straight SO i think some of those guys could, actually you, know knock on the door on top ten finishes this, week just BECAUSE i think the court suits the younger bomber pretty.
Speaker 1: Well what happened TO. Jb holmes like in the last like six to eight, MONTHS i feel like he's like fallen off the face of the. Earth just.
Speaker 2: YEAH i, know he hasn't played in the last thing nine, weeks So i'm not entirely sure where he he's, uh you know where he's been during that time. Frame but he definitely didn't have the results that he wanted to last. YEAR i mean this last man he played was The, shriners which he missed the, cut and then he played THE Cj cup before that and finished almost dead.
Speaker 3: Last so LAST i remember watching him was the final round of the.
Speaker 2: Players, YEAH i mean the last recorded was that was The greenbrier during the, summer so.
Speaker 1: That that last round of the players was was a rough one FOR. Jb he was missing fairways by like two hundred.
Speaker 3: Yards, yeah it's so brutal when like especially like on like sixteen and, seventeen when you know there's not a lot of players on the golf course and they're, like HERE'S. Jb holmes now just plus eight on the, Day it's, like, god poor.
Speaker 2: Guy well poor the poor guy wants from contenting to. FINISHING i think like fortieth.
Speaker 1: Gosh you know another guy in this range is, uh he's got a new swing training Aide brison with his. Shacket you know that that jacket. Swinging have you seen, that the shirt swinging. Shacket, YEAH i don't know what Is.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think he should SHOULD i should try playing one round with that. On it'd be interesting to see what would.
Speaker 1: Happen so he's always trying for. Something what about what about Bow?
Speaker 3: Hostler you said you took him at what three one or something last? Week he threw up a little sixty four to start the week for you had to be getting a little. Excited.
Speaker 2: YEAH i was shaking my little space boots for a little bit after the first round. There but, YEAH i mean it's another course WHERE i think it Suits. Hostler well, AGAIN i mean he's a you Know. California guy familiar with the grass type out, here should be able to contend that not necessarily, contend but be able to you, know make the cut and finish top, twenty your top, THIRTY i think and if he you, know he's a guy whoere if he's on his, game he can you, know he can go. Low he's he's not afraid to you, know contended win events based upon his amateur.
Speaker 1: Record what About, Landry he's he's a shorter, hitter but he hits it like really.
Speaker 2: Straight, Yeah i'm thinking he may be a little NOT i, say, tired but after last, week a little bit of a let down this, WEEK i wouldn't be surprised me missus the cut this week At.
Speaker 1: Torri man sounds like you want to bet?
Speaker 2: There, yeah that, POSSIBLY i kind.
Speaker 1: OF i think he's gonna play. WELL i think he'll have like A i think he's gonna have a good little run. Here he's got a lot of.
Speaker 2: Confidence so what do you think he's gonna finish this? Week?
Speaker 1: THEN i think he's gonna finish in the top.
Speaker 2: Thirty, OH i definitely go over on that one for.
Speaker 1: Sure, WELL i said make. Cut you Know i'm not going to negotiate down from made contating against.
Speaker 2: Yourself it was worth the, shot worth the.
Speaker 1: Shot, Yeah but then down in, uh we're down in the kind of the bargain basement. Here who do you?
Speaker 2: Like the one guy that sticks out down there to me Is Nick. Watney So watney showed some life last. Week you think he's down at sixty eight. Hundred it's played very well At tory in the. Past he's one here and he's also HAD i think five other top tens in his last twelve starts, here so sixth top top tens and half his starts. Here so and he, YEAH i think he finished fiftieth last, week but he started out fairly. Well so if he, can you, know find that. Game he's another you, know guy very comfortable In. California sixteen. Hundred that's pretty good value because you can take some of the studs by putting him in your.
Speaker 1: Lineup, YEAH i. WAS i was surprised after the first round to see you, Know, Kyle kyle was On Nick watney AND i was On Grayson murray and those guys shot the low rounds of the stadium course.
Speaker 2: And then they woke.
Speaker 1: Up so then we go. DOWN i Mean. Kate what about the the AGELESS kJ.
Speaker 2: TROY i, Mean chroy's played okay here in the. Past it's just a matter OF i just don't know if he's gonna be able to compete with with with some of the young Gun, zadie with the guys that are is bombing it down, there BECAUSE i think somebody this week is going to catch fire with the driver and have it three twenty on the string and you, KNOW kJ will be giving up forty five yards those guys all day and that's just not something he can deal. WITH i think what About Martin.
Speaker 3: Piller he he played really well last.
Speaker 2: Week, yeah he's a potential option. Here the question is is he going to be able to you, know piggyback A, palmmet you, know A pommet good week last week coming in, here and it's not that easy for some of the guys That he obviously had a ton of success on the web dot, com but he hasn't had that on THE pga. Side SO i, Mean i'd want to see a little bit more From pillar BEFORE i start rostering. HIM i, mean there's some other guys down, there like a like A Sam ryder or something like. THAT a guy who's a premier ball.
Speaker 1: Striker what About sean, O'Hare, uh probably probably.
Speaker 2: Not he's a guy who's usually going to be very up and. Down we're probably not gonna able to put four solid rounds, together which which is what you're gonna need here At. Tory AND i don't think he has the best short game.
Speaker 3: Either are we ready yet for our once a Year Retief goosen siding or?
Speaker 2: No, POSSIBLY i don't know is even in the field this?
Speaker 3: Week or, No, yeah he's in the. Field he's in the. Field, Yeah i'm guessing that you're not gonna roster this.
Speaker 4: Week.
Speaker 2: NO i don't Think i'll ever be Rostering Ratief hoostad until he wins about four times in a, year and that would be in The Champions tour in about eight.
Speaker 1: Years who do you think is the worst play on this? Uh out of anybody? Here who who'd you you, know if you had the last pick and it was a you, know the whole, field who do you think you would be? TAKING i THINK.
Speaker 3: Pauli basically just Took.
Speaker 4: Retief, No i'd probably go maybe somebody like a like A Ted potter or maybe A derek Fath hour this, WEEK i, mean those are guys that tend to miss a lot of.
Speaker 2: Cuts BUT i, mean you're not gonna be rostering those guys. Anyway they're gonna be a ten percent of undraft. Games SO i wouldn't you, KNOW i.
Speaker 1: Can, Anyway i'd Picked Norman john this. Week he's he won a couple of times in the, fall and he had an unbelievable. Summer he murders the ball. TOO i think he's gonna play.
Speaker 2: Well, YEAH i think it's a valid. Option the one THING i wish draftings it IS i wish they spread the prices on more so that maybe the guys at the bottom would be six thousand or fifty eight, hundred so you can pick some of these. Guys whereas you, know the difference Between jeong or whatever and the whatever sixty, seven sixty one hundred whatever he, is the difference between him and somebody at seventy five price wise is not that, much but ability wise it is a lot.
Speaker 3: Usually m.
Speaker 1: Hm so, uh should we get into some overrated? Underrated? Sure all? RIGHT i want to know Is Tory Pines south overrated or underrated from you?
Speaker 3: GUYS i THINK I i THINK i said this on the last, one but it's very. OVERRATED i JUST i don't like what they did with the property At there's so many courses that are so much worse stentory pines that are more enjoyable along the. OCEAN i just it's. Hard it's a good test for A Pga tour, event but IF i had my choices of WHERE i wanted to play, personally it wouldn't be in the TOP i don't, know one hundred two. Hundred, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Would probably go actually a little bit underrated from A Pga tour, aspect but overrated from like a personal playing. Aspect i've played there didn't necessarily impress me that, Much but in terms of being A Pga tour, course it does happen to showcase the player as. Well where you've had a lot of the top players win, there you haven't had you, know you've obviously had somebody Like Scott stalling's on, there but besides, that you've had a lot of top tier players with you, know Rom, Snedecker Day, Woods Bubba. Watson you haven't had a lot of the no name players or dark horse players win. There AND i think that's one of the things of a good course is being able to show you know that the best players are winning.
Speaker 3: There, yeah it's just LIKE i said, earlier it's one of those courses you just cannot fake youre. Out you can't fake it out, there especially not for four.
Speaker 2: Rounds, yeah.
Speaker 1: Definitely, yeah it's, uh you gotta play well the whole round. Too as soon as you start to hit bad drives out, there if you're not really, long it's just.
Speaker 2: Brutal or just shoot sixty four on The north course and give yourself.
Speaker 3: Some, patting.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Right are sweet potato fries overrated or? Underrated?
Speaker 3: Man that's a tough. ONE I i Guess i'm Gonna i'm gonna say overrated BECAUSE i WHENEVER i whenever given that. Option you, KNOW i ordered my cheeseburger and they said you want, Fries, yes how about sweet potato. Fries i'm, like, oh, yeah, sure love. Some but then they come And i'm just, like, ah why DID i do? THAT i was so excited about. It now now they're JUST i WISH i ordered regular. Fries So i'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: OVERRATED i would go underrated on swee potato, fries especially if you sprinkle like a little bit of cinnamon on. Them they're probably to die.
Speaker 1: FOR i didn't know that About polly love sweet potato fries and. CINNAMON i, LIKE i like all bab what about. You i'm gonna go. UNDERRATED i like, Him, no actually. Overrated they've gotten way too popular or, lately you, know like everywhere has sweet potato. Fries. NOW i liked it when like occasionally they'd be, like, hey do you want sweet potato? Fries? Why, yes, certainly.
Speaker 3: But now absolutely.
Speaker 2: Controlling here Comes Contrarion andy right now super.
Speaker 1: Popular so here's a player, overrated Underrated Shane.
Speaker 3: Lowry that's a good. ONE I, Uh i'm gonna say underrated because, YEAH i think he has the ability to win a. Major you, know obviously we've seen him in contention Before. OAKMONT i JUST i feel like he's a guy that's gonna kind of pop up one day and he's gonna be standing there On sunday of A Us opened or H Pg, Championship British open and have the. TROPHY i, REALLY i really think he definitely has that. Potential but he might not win three more events in his, career so it's hard to, say But i'm gonna say a little underrated because he's got what it takes to win a.
Speaker 2: MAJOR i would go in the opposite Of kyle THAT i would go overrated On lowry. HERE i think he plays good and you, know in, bunches hopefully good for two or three weeks stretch and then seemed like he just plays the rest of the year and just never never record the top. Ten and so for that, RESPECT i help view him in the same respect as a lot of the guys that are you, know simmer.
Speaker 1: RANKED i THINK i would go underrated With lowry because of What kyle. SAID i, mean the guy like just will win big. Events and granted he only has three wins in his, career and he did win as an, amateur which is. Badass you. Know, yeah he does have a lot of seconds. Too he's a puzzling. Guy i've never been able to get a read on, him and WHENEVER i pick him in like A DraftKings or a, pool he always lets me, out like because they'll shoot like one horrible.
Speaker 3: Round, yeah like a seventy.
Speaker 1: Seven all, right who you guys picking this? Week?
Speaker 2: YEAH i think this week And i'm not entirely sure, yet But i'm probably in between taking Either Xander schoffley Or Mark leishan probably That i'm probably gonna want to Save Can't lee Or fenale for some other events on the.
Speaker 3: LINE i Think i'm gonna Go Charles.
Speaker 1: Howe you, KNOW i THINK i might Take Jason day just BECAUSE i always like forget to use him in one and done, leagues And i'll take. HIM i don't ever like picking him because he's rather unreliable as of, late AND i think He's.
Speaker 2: Aren't you a bit worried that he has a new caddy in the bag this?
Speaker 1: Week, no he's it's just like buddy.
Speaker 2: Right, well it's the way his buddy From australia can't make it for visa, issues so he has another friend i think From ohio on his bag this week for the first. Time so that's a little bit of causer concern.
Speaker 1: There, Eh i'm not worried caddies caddy are caddies overrated or? UNDERRATED i think.
Speaker 3: Underrated, actually a good caddy can be OH i you, know a good caddy can be the difference between tenth and. Winning you, know if you don't have the, game obviously it's not going to matter if you, had you, know the best caddy in the, world But i'm still going.
Speaker 2: Underrated, Yeah i'm going to underrated on caddies as. Well they're the ones able to keep your composure and make you have the correct thought process going through the, round especially if you're in. Contention, yeah well one.
Speaker 3: Over how about overrated Underrated Beef. JOHNSTON i saw an article today that he gave an interview and he believed that his social habits poorly affected his golf game last, season which you, know if you saw a lot of the, coverage you know he was doing interviews and pubs and this and, that so that's not too, shocking BUT i hope he gets it back to you over.
Speaker 1: It SO i Think Beef johnson is a victim of golf media and its, awfulness and you, know like anything that is remotely what they think trendy or cool or look at. This this is this guy is so neat they're going to just blow him up and ruin, it.
Speaker 2: Right, YEAH i mean they kind of almost treated him kind of like almost like A John daily figure for the year that he came over here To. America it's kind of almost like a semi cult figure because he was always, featured even though you, know he wasn't playing that, well the only played good In europe for one, year obviously played good in a major over, here but you, know for a guy that wasn't that high of a caliber, player was kind of. Surprising.
Speaker 3: YEAH i thought they did him. Wrong they treated him like a circus freak or. Something it.
Speaker 2: Was, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, yeah so, uh all, right we'll see what what. Happens I'm i'm guessing that you, Know landry's going to make the. Cut so that's What i'm watching this. Weekend well you.
Speaker 2: Don't you won't be watching on the. Weekend you'll be watching That friday afternoon.
Speaker 4: Only so m.
Speaker 3: H i want to See tiger and contention one of these. Weeks it's gonna.
Speaker 1: HAPPEN i Think riviera he's gonna make the. RETURN i like.
Speaker 3: It, YEAH i like.
Speaker 1: It i'm gonna Be i'm gonna be at.
Speaker 3: Riv solid, final group final.
Speaker 1: Round all, right talk to you guys next.
Speaker 3: Week all, right see you.
Speaker 1: Guys you've been listening to the Fried egg. Podcast we do the digging for. You