Speaker 1: And now move the sticks with Daniel, Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody? Welcome to move the sticks, DJ, Bucky and Rhett with you as we uh, as we inch a little closer, not only to the draft of Hey, boys, it's Big twelve Combine week. Let's go heading out to Dallas. I smell a dinner coming our way tomorrow as we get ready for the Big two combine.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go. We got this. This is the year two of this. This event fired up to uh to get a you know, another look at some players.
Speaker 3: Man never passed down an opportunity to evaluate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have a chance to uh, not only see all those guys, we're gonna talk to all those head coaches too during the week. So looking forward to that. We got three hours of coverage. Rhtt you're on that right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked to by the way, coach Sadderfield today, your year old pal over and a it's got a think about a close to a dozen Cincinnati players that'll be taking part.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to see some of those guys.
Speaker 1: Give some a couple of nuggets on on those guys and that look that's That's ultimately what we're trying to do here as well, is you know, get to know some of these guys and let those of you tune in on Wednesday and Thursday once we're down there in Dallas, get a chance to better know some of these players. They're going to end up on your favorite teams. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Look forward to it. All right, let's get things cranking here. It's time for the lead block, presented by Team Mobile for Business. Football needs a network willing to go the extra yard, and so do you go further with Team Mobile four Business. We had a new contract come down, Buck, and I wanted to get to you on this one. So when you have Derek Stingley getting a new deal putting him at the top of the corner market, I want to go back to that draft class, right. So this is twenty twenty one the NFL Draft. These are I'll give you the top thirteen picks here, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Kyle Pitts, Jamar Chase, Jalen Wattle, Piney Sewell, j C. Horn, Patrick Sir Tandavonte Smith, Justin Fields, Micah Parsons Rashaan Slater from that group, we've already seen now Trevor Lawrence has got paid. We've seen Jamar Chase, We've seen Wattle, we've seen Sewell, We've seen Horn, We've seen Sir Tan, We've seen DeVante Smith, and yet to come. I would imagine we're going to see eventually the Micah Parsons, Rashn Slater, Elijah Verk Tucker. I would guess probably gets done. I mean, that is a lot of dudes sticking and getting big deals on second contracts. That turned out to be a heck of a draft.
Speaker 4: It did turn out to be ahead of a draft.
Speaker 5: And it's interesting that most of the guys that we were talking about are your non quarterbacks, you guys that are your traditional position players.
Speaker 4: And how we were able to look.
Speaker 5: I would say some teams avoided the temptation of getting a quarterback and focused on taking the best player available, and those guys have turned out to be I would say even better than expected. And Derek Stanley signing his deal, I just remember looking at the tape and you had to lean on.
Speaker 4: A lot of the earlier years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't play much last year as opposed to the last the last season, but it's look, there's a lesson and that for scouts, it's the entire body of work.
Speaker 4: It's not the final season. You gotta look at it all.
Speaker 5: And he was helped by the fact that we were able to look at the one on one tapes him against Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase.
Speaker 4: That certainly played a part in him being drafted.
Speaker 2: He was drafted. That was my coup that year. That was my coup that year. If getting the practice tapes.
Speaker 3: Nice, Yeah, you had to have it. I had to have it.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: By the way, Jalen Phillips also got paid on a second contract. Who is down there in the fifty eighteen overall and Greg Russou at thirty also got a second deal from the same team.
Speaker 2: So good draft, class man, and there's more to come.
Speaker 3: Technically, Reshot Bateman got another deal too. It wasn't like a massive one, but it was an extension. Yet Darisa got out of him.
Speaker 2: It pays to get out ahead. DEARRISA is a great player. Yeah, I mean yeah, I think you get those done early. Man. I every now and then you're gonna be wrong. You're gonna gamble and be a little bit wrong, but man, the price they do not go down when you've got good players.
Speaker 5: It never goes down, and it's going up by the week. I mean the city, I think J. C. Horns has his due and you look up de extintly says the new ceiling for the position. We're finally. The funny thing is what used to be quarterback money, We're now seeing guys ascend into that that range. For a long time, twenty million was kind of like that forbidden ground. Now we're seeing that thirty million is kind of like the new ray for your marquee players at your traditional positions. It's just interesting. You better to pay them earlier rather than wait, because it it doesn't go down.
Speaker 1: Just on, just on that subject here real quick, because obviously the T. Higgins and the Jamar Chase came up here and I will probably get to it here in a second ditch.
Speaker 3: But like I mean, this is if I've.
Speaker 1: Ever seen somebody trying to recreate the two thousand and seven Indianapolis Colts. I mean, it's like, you go back and look at it. Marvin Harrison, Peyton Manning, Dwight Freeny, and Reggie Wayne with the top four cap hits on that team. They went on to win a Super Bowl, right, And so I mean like Marvin Harrison thirty five years old making twelve the highest highest cap hit on that whole on that team in O seven. It's kind of interesting the way that they've strategized similarly that way.
Speaker 5: Well, look, I think I think it was more interesting. I think they have the same representation they do they do. Yeah, I think they did a mic and mic deal. Hey, you can't tell me about one without me the others, and so we're we're package. I think DJ you talked about on Rosie's podcast, the tandem bike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the tandon bike you wanted. You get all like, we're both going over, not going at all.
Speaker 2: That's what I told Rosenthal is. I was like, he and we're going to get to this free agency stuff and where we go with the draft here in a minute. But he was like, I don't know. The Bengals defense stinks. They haven't signed anybody. I'm like, hey, man, when you're a kid and you have an allowance and you're saving up and you want a bike, but you go to the toy store and you go, mom, I want a video game, but you can use your allowance, but you ain't never getting that bike you go shopping for the video. I'm like they went, they saved up all their money, didn't spend any of it free agency, and they went and spent on those two shiny new bikes that they got. Maybe have a chance to get a third bike here with Hendrickson, but yeah, but that's gonna you know, let's wrap this top part because I want to get to this next part of the discussion here. That's a wrap for the Lead Black presented by Team Mobile for Business. Football needs a network willing to go the extra yard. So do you go further with Team Mobile four Business? So Buck, I've put together some questions, some draft related questions I was thinking about. I told give RTT a little notice on this one, but I like getting the raw reactions. So this is like some of the takeaways that I have as to where we are now. And this one was not at the top of the list, but just coming off that conversation, I'm going to move it to the top of the list. Cincinnati now, you know, with what they're doing and because they couldn't be real active in free agency because they want to take care of these guys My question is when you look at them defensively last year, twenty fifth points per game, twenty fifth tied for twenty fifth, and sacks as well, terrible on the defensive side of the ball. So my question is, you guys can both hit it. Buck Euro up first. Is this an all defense draft? We've seen team do a draft on one side of the ball. Is this we got to solve all of our problems on defense in the draft, and we got to scout them and we got to develop them once they get here.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think so.
Speaker 5: And I think Trey Henderson if they're able to sign him back, it makes perfect sense. Red brought up the Indianapolis coast and how that was how they constructed their team to be a Super Bowl champion. The Cincinnati Bengals might have tipped their hand when they hired Al Golden from Notre Dame. Al Golden just spent a couple of years dealing with some eighteen to twenty two year olds, getting them up to speed, getting them to play defense at a high level. So the teaching and schematics and all that, he certainly understands how to get that age group ready to play.
Speaker 4: If you're the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 5: Let's be real, the only reason why they didn't go to the playoffs a season ago is like they got off to the slow start. If they can figure out how to start faster, whatever their issues are on defense, that offense can light it up. And I think what you do now is you coach your team differently. Thirty points has to be the magic number. Every week. You put the pressure on Joe Burrow and those guys on the outside.
Speaker 4: We got to get to thirty.
Speaker 5: Then defensively, we're just trying to like not let the big play go and find a way to rush the passes. To me, they are a carbon copy of what the Colts were able to do to be a top team in the AFC for a decade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think I'm I would agree with you on that front. And so you know, I'm kind of interested to see where this thing goes as we as we kind of look, you know, forward to where the Bengals are, you know, looking at what they're where they sit right now, where we got them at Where did I seventeen? They picked seven seventeen, that's right, seventeen A ton of picks, right, but they always.
Speaker 2: Have their picking their round man since Anti Angles where it is at the same dinner every night when it comes back.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you know, I think I think you could find I mean, you're gonna get you can find one of the best, you know, one of those d linemen, whether that's an edge guy, whether it's one of the interior guys, You're gonna have a have.
Speaker 3: An opportunity there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this is an opportunity for the Bengals to get a lot better on defense in this draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spoiler, I got a mock draft coming out tomorrow, and I mean it's just one pick. We can give away one pick. So Mike Green, I said, Mike Green from Marshall as someone to throw on the other side there. Let him rush. And again to Bucky's point, you know, if you're hunting for thirty points, guess what, we're gonna put a premium on guys who can rush the quarterback. We're gonna play with the lead. So let's let's maybe we got to give a little bit against the run. If we got to do that, that's that's okay. We're gonna go hunt the quarterback. And that's really what the Colts did. The Colts built their team, for their stadium, and for their offense during the exactly right undersize fast rush the quarterback, if you could get on them, if you could get a lead on them, you were in a pretty good spot.
Speaker 1: But they had some younger players that contributed, right, that were that were draft picks. You go back to Bob Sanders, you go back to Joe and Die and Anthony Gonzalez, and like they had had younger players filling those those kind of gaps.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what since that he's gonna have to do here.
Speaker 5: And it all worked together because remember Tony Dungee's defense was super simple, so young guys could jump in and play, not a lot of thinking, just sea ball, get ball. I am sure in Cincinnati it would be something that is young player friendly to allow them to get those young defenders on the field, because look, the onus whether they win or lose, would depend on the big three Joe Burrow, T Higgins, Jamar Chase. They got to play great every week for this team to win. Look, that's where the money goes, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So that was one of the questions. Guys. I wrote down some more here because these these are things that are dominating my thoughts right now. So I've got my own thoughts, and I kind of changed a little bit from day to day. I want to get some fresh perspective from you guys on this one. So Buck, again, you're batting lead off here, because this is the one that I just keep thinking about the Cleveland Browns. Here we go. So we're in the draft room. Picture it. We're in the draft room. We got the white board up there. So here's what I'm writing up on the whiteboardy ready, I've got Schador Sanders and Nick s Gordon and underneath that, I've got Abdull Carter and Tyler Shuck's Dret's chomping at the bit to get in here. But what I want to get, Bucky, I want to get your un unfiltered thoughts on that one.
Speaker 3: Now, are you saying second round for Shuck at this point.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, these are your first two picks. You either Pickandars with the first pick and you get Nick Gordon as this as your second round pick, or you take Abduall Carter with your first pick and you get Tyler Shuck with your second pick.
Speaker 5: I'm just fascinated by the combination of having two dominant pass rushers. Coming coming coming off of the conversation where we just talked about Cincinnati loading up offensively, Baltimore is loaded on on offense.
Speaker 4: I mean, who knows what Pittsburghns do, but they go and get DK Metcalf.
Speaker 5: I think you just have to take Abduall Carter to give yourself a chance and then Tyler shut if. Look, man, you're taking a chance on an older player, seven year college player. But he's as talented as they come when you look at him compared to that tier.
Speaker 4: He's certainly there.
Speaker 5: It's just a matter of who's who's the guy that he's competing with for the starting job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I do find that that part of it, you know, kind of interesting to see a lot of the talk and a lot of.
Speaker 2: After looked.
Speaker 4: Probably about the same age.
Speaker 1: I don't care how old he is, Like the Browns haven't had a quarterback in twenty years, Like they'll take one for five years.
Speaker 2: Took the playoffs fine, but he's no longer there.
Speaker 3: I mean, like they had a chance to keep him and didn't. I don't know, man, I just I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care about the age thing on that one with me and I would, Yeah, I would lock in Abdull car. I feel better about Abdul Carter than I do Nick. Like I feel better about Abdull Carter being a being that much better than Nick Gorton, and I feel like Shador And that's.
Speaker 2: That's the whole thing to me, is that's the That's how I would frame the argument. Is like and people say quarterback Trump's everything, Just take your best quarterback. That's that side of the argument, right, My thing is the gap. But like, you're hitting a home run with Abdol Carter. Nick Gorton is a nice player, but that's not even they're not even on the same planet. And then Tyler Shuck. I can say he's got a stronger arm, he's bigger, he's more athletic, like, he's got a lot of things in his column, you know, favorably. I don't know that I could say Nick Gorton does one thing better than Abdel Carter does. So you're getting an elite, elite player, and you're gonna have on the opposite side of the most talented head rusher that maybe we've ever seen in the NFL. So you're gonna get one on ones with him. I mean Abdol Carter is going to have fourteen sacks as a rookie if he goes to Cleveland. And the other thing is Buck And you know him as you know him, maybe not as well as I do, but you know him telling you man Jim Schwartz in that draft in that draft meeting, being like, boys, you don't understand. I know, I know, I know the court, I know. Find another quarterback. Just find one because you only even need to score seventeen points a game. You don't need to score that. You give me him, yeah, yeah, let him as.
Speaker 1: Garrett by the way, you know, and talking to I'm sure you guys have talked some folks at Penn State, but I was talking to Tom Allen, uh, you know who was there and facilitated the switch down to edge full time for Abdul Carter and was like, never had to push that, never had to press him to get like that he practices as hard as anybody on that team that year that that Tom was there, Like he is as as hard a practice player as he is a game player. And we saw that throughout the playoffs. That is a tough dude who is really still scratching the surface of what he can be as an edge.
Speaker 3: Right, this is a year we're talking about a year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's again, this is an interesting discussion and this could very well be a discussion with the New York Giants at three. It's saying that if the quarterback goes to if Sanders were to go two, yeah, then the Giants would be faced, you know, or sorry if if the Browns will take somebody else and shoots falls. Now you have to say, Okay, maybe they're hunting the same guy. Maybe it's Jackson Dart, whoever it is. Yeah, they're now looking at well as Travis Hunter. Do I want Travis Hunter in a next tier quarterback?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know? Like that whole conversation is it's gonna be fascinating.
Speaker 3: That's what this draft is about to me.
Speaker 1: Once you get beyond cam Ward, right for the at least in the top ten, Like that's what these teams are going to be saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah see, And I'm I am still pausing and pumping the brakes a little bit on cam Ward.
Speaker 4: I don't have cam Ward.
Speaker 5: Like as the stratospheric quarterback that is going to solve everything. He certainly is more talented in those things. I think it's funny how the conversation has become cam Ward and then everybody else.
Speaker 4: I'm just a little leary and going all in. But I love that.
Speaker 5: I love what we're talking about with Abdul Carter because if we were talking, are we saying that we that cam Ward is the most talented player in the draft. We're just saying take position out, say I.
Speaker 2: Feel like Ward is going to go one. I just feel like between.
Speaker 4: You know, I got that.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about who goes one. I'm just talking about if we were just at the park, Oh player, Okay, Okay, I was just getting it. Who's your number one player?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ab Carter?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So then if I'm the Cleveland Browns, if you always take the best player, you can't go wrong. Because we've talked about this in a bunch of different iterations. Build up one side of the ball to be great, and that'll give you a chance. And so if we're talking about in Cleveland, we have a chance to build a great defense with Miles Garrett and Abdul Carter, who are guaranteed to grow together for at least the next four years. Why not go all in on that to be dominant there and then find a quarterback figure out that part of it. And with Kevin Stefanski, I would say taking back over play calling duties, I think is much easier to kind of cobble together the offense using the system that he's used previously as opposed to the way that it was when he had Ken Dorsey and trying to do things to fit.
Speaker 1: To Sean Wass, But if the Titans take Abdull Carter, the Browns are taking cam Ward, right, I mean, like that's that's not going to be the same debate I feel.
Speaker 2: I feel like they would. I feel like I don't know that for certain. I don't know where they don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know there's I know there's some people in the league who think the Browns are more locked in on the second tier quarterbacks than they are on the top tier quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Uh that would be yeah, that would be kind of yeah.
Speaker 1: And that and then that could be them assuming also you know that can be one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So I don't.
Speaker 5: I think I think all the theories that and then look, it's tough because new general manager for the Tennessee Titans, his first draft, his theories are going to be tested like best player available versus most impactful position?
Speaker 4: Which one do you odd for?
Speaker 5: Regardless of whether we talk about Abdual Card being a generational talent or not. Like in talking to some of the people there, they said they desperately need a pass rush, like desperately, like you can't compete, but you also Herolanda and so you just think about Abdual Carter being the best play in the draft, you bypass him.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's a fascinating discussion.
Speaker 5: That's why I can't wait to draft weekend to see how all of this plays out.
Speaker 2: It's a hard it's look, it's a hard top fifty to stack up just how you grade the players because everybody's graded so similarly. It's hard to even get your own opinion on how you like the players. That's hard. It's impossible to do a mock draft. It's impossible, man, because you just like these guys. If I've got you know, five, six, three, sixty four level players on the grading scale at one position, frick, I don't know which one of these dudes they like better than the other four or five. You know, you got guys that are gonna go seven and sometimes they might go twenty eight in these things, in these mock drafts, it's like impossible trying to put that thing together. But it's kind of a weird year. I want to get to some of these other questions here. I'll rip through them, all right, Rat, you're up on this one. I'll hitch you up on this one. Buck, follow it up. Are we greater than this sounds crazy compared to years past, but are we a greater than fifty percent chance of seeing two running backs go in the top ten?
Speaker 3: Greater than fifty percent?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Top ten? Oh wait, I'm sorry you said top ten?
Speaker 2: No top ten? No, no, no, no, give you my giving my first round, and I no, no, no, no, no, no, I think we're for I would pick it to the bank we're getting to in the first round. I'm just looking where I am right now, and I'm looking at the Raiders at six as a potential running back team, and I'm sitting there, and I'm looking at Chicago Bears at ten as a potential running back team. And I'm sitting there and I'm just looking at the grades of the players, and I'm like, Okay, let's say gent's gone Genty's like my third guy. So now you start looking at Omarion Hampton from your from your tar heels buck and I'm like, if I'm the Bears, like, Okay, there's we've solved it. Well. We like to think we've solved the interior offensive line. So I mean edge rusher like, gosh, okay, yeah, there's some edge rushers that would be interesting there, but man, there's so many of them. I know there's more running backs too, but I I think the gap the drop off between like Omar and Hampton and maybe what you would see the running backs that would be there, because I think we'll see a little run before the Bears pick again, Whereas I think there's another edgresser that could help them. I just to me, I just keep coming back to the thought process of Caleb. Caleb, Caleb, Caleb cleeb the offseason, free agency, Caleb, the draft. It almost feels like this, we gotta get Caleb going. Man, we hired the coach, we got the free agent players to come in and help them. Let's go get who helps him the most. I can't make an argument that somebody other than like if Genti or Omar and Hampton are there, that that somebody helps him more than those guys do.
Speaker 4: M I was waiting to see if jump in go ahead?
Speaker 1: All all right, yeah, I mean I think you could kind of come back to the same similar question with the Bears, like you know, when they come back around, you know, and they got what two second rounders.
Speaker 3: If I'm not mistaken, I got it right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chicago is they do have two second rounders. They have thirty nine and forty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, you could be talking about, you know, Nick Gorton again in a spot like that, you know, compared to let's say, all right, let's say you take.
Speaker 2: Might you might get I don't know if Judkins is there at that time. I just think early second round. I think we might see these some of those those too Ohio State kids. I don't know if they make it there.
Speaker 1: Do you think the third running back does go in the first round.
Speaker 2: I think there's a really good chance of that. I don't think it's a slam dunk, but I think there's a good chance of it. I just think you're going to see that running back. It's going to go late first early second. You're going to see some of those dudes come off.
Speaker 5: So success leaves clues Ben Johnson just left Detroit where Detroit took Jamier Gibbs at twelve, and at the time everyone was outraged that Jamier Gibbs came off the board at twelve. But what he was able to do is take a veteran running back in David Montgomery pairing with the young running back with Juice, and they had a dominant running game that look alleviated a lot of depression on Jerry Goff. If we're talking about the best way to take Kaylyn Williams and elevate him, why not take Deandre's swift Amari and Hampton.
Speaker 4: Put those two in the backfield, let them take.
Speaker 5: Turns, because even if one suffers an injury, you at least have another RB one to carry. You don't have split backs, meaning a guy's an RB two. To me, if I'm the Bears, now that you solved the puzzle on the offensive line, man, why not go get a legitimate back to really settle the offense down and to allow you to kind of play with Ben Johnson is used to playing like running the football to set up the quarterback to really dominate in the passing game.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's interesting and Omrio Hampton catch the ball too, So I mean, like there's there's different levels. I think it's an interesting question. Yeah, I guess maybe the better way to phrase it, instead of greater than fifty percent chance, I should have just phrased it, would you be shocked? I would not be shocked if if a Mario and Hampton was a tenth pick in the draft, it wouldn't shock me at all. So that's why I was getting all right, let's let's take a quick break. Come back. I got a couple more questions and we'll get to some of these draft debates in terms of players r after this. All right, let's get to a couple more. I've got like three more questions here. Fuck, I'll get to you on this one. New England offensive line or bust in the first round? I mean, are we kind of there? Does that feel like that?
Speaker 5: We got to make sure we protect the king, build a fortress up, make sure you have enough protection around Drake May so he can grow. You still would like to see them have more more weapons, but if he is getting beat up, it doesn't matter. You got to make sure that you take care of the offense line. And let's be honest, Mike Rabel. It just strikes me as this is gonna be a meat and potatoes type draft. It's gonna be someone that is physical that can kind of help him not only like accelerate the culture building, but also like stylistically how the page is going on to play.
Speaker 4: I think it has to be a line of scrimmage player.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, like one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I mean I was I thought that, you know, even if this felt like it was too high for Will Campbell, now I feel like it might be spot on for Membu with the way that we've seen him kind of rise.
Speaker 2: Where I'm leaning with them a little bit, is Membo, Yeah, My only thing is gosh, you know, here's a challenge, and I guess I'll spin it into this one buck. If you're sitting there and because we have two quarterbacks that go, if that does happen and you've got Travis Hunter sitting there versus those offensive linemen, I think that becomes a hard decision.
Speaker 5: It could become a hard decision maybe, but like look, I got Christian Zalez.
Speaker 4: I just paid money to get carledon.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about playing him at receiver. Travis Hunter is better than any receiver that Drake Mays throwing the ball to right now.
Speaker 4: I mean that's true, that is that is true.
Speaker 2: So it's so weird to say he's a weird one because your mind goes to defense and I'm sitting here going like, wow, you don't even need just he's a luxury on defense with the Patriots specifically, I'd be like, he's the best receiver on the Well.
Speaker 5: Also, Mike knows that life right, He's been a two way player, like he did a little bit of both. He called a lot of touchdowns, a lot of touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Man. There's something about watching memboos run around though. Man.
Speaker 5: But I guess it depends on what offensive lineman are we talking about taking at the top of the second round, Travis Hunter and whom uh are we taking?
Speaker 2: Membo I think you're looking at You're looking at maybe a guard Donovan Jackson, you know, potentially that player, you know, but.
Speaker 4: That can work in New England though, like that can work honorly.
Speaker 2: Maybe you start getting to that group Josh Simmons I think will be gone. So there's no guarantees on that, but I mean it's just again you kind of go back to that's the debate that we've had many many years ago. We saw one guy who just got paid as the highest paid receiver in the NFL, who once upon a time was Pina sul versus Jamar Chase was all we talked about in that draft. And Joe Burrow, I'll take the weapon. Yeah, So I don't know, that's interesting question. All right, next one? Uh, all right, let's get to a rehtt on this one. Yeah, uh Seattle is this uh and we can wrap it up on this one. But yeah, Seattle, are they into your offensive line? You know? Proverbial gun to the head that no choice here?
Speaker 1: I love right there at eighteen. That's the case that feels like a massive fit there. That not only helps Sam, but I mean, like, I still think we haven't seen If Kenneth Walker stays healthy, I think we'll be talking about one of the top ten run games in the league with especially if they continue to fortify on the interior. Now, look, I think the tackles, you know, have been banged up a bunch too out there, you know, and.
Speaker 3: So I'd like to see those guys stay healthy.
Speaker 2: I think specifically Lucas.
Speaker 1: Specifically exactly, but I mean, shoot, Zabel helps you any of the five.
Speaker 2: I had, I had, I had Zabel just a punch to the gut going sixteen to the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wouldn't be shocked if that's a Josh Simmons spot too.
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah, with Seattle, No Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh oh with Arizona. Interesting. Oh the offensive line coach is there right?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's buddy Buddies, Buddies there you go.
Speaker 5: Look, connect connecting, connecting the dots with Sam Donald, Clint Kubiak. How they want to run this offense is really important that they're solid up front. They need the running game because all the competently complimentary play action, those things that Sam could work on.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Look, it's essential to be able to con to.
Speaker 5: Look, move the line of scrimmage and if you can move the fenders off the ball, Kenvin Walker King get going with other running games, complimented running game that you want to use. It allows Sam Donald to not only throw those play action passes that he's good on, but also come out the back door on the buleg. So yeah, let's make sure we're solid up front for John Snyder and his crew. You want this to work because you want to run the football, and I think interior presence is where the Seattle certainly need to focus on. Plenty of weapons would be available. You got Cooper Cup, you got JSN. That's not the issue. The running game at a lot of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: So you got if I told you though, Bucky, You've got Banks, who's a tackle who maybe could use inside. You've got Simmons who's a tackle who maybe you'd want to use inside or maybe just keep him at tackle there with what you got, Or I told you that Colston Lovelin had fallen down there at pick number eighteen, I just that's where I just, I mean, I want to build the trenches. But I have such a higher grade on Colston leveland as a football player, I don't know if I i'd be like, hey, Sam, we got you. Somebody can get open quick. We need you to go ahead, get that thing out now, let's get that thing out of your hands.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's he's a really good player. I just have him with a lightning boat on the side.
Speaker 4: I got you. I just think he'd be such a good.
Speaker 2: I didn't have him getting I didn't have him getting that far. I don't think that would be.
Speaker 3: The Dolphins at thirteen for the tight end.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, no, that's that's an interesting one. You know, who I ended up and again we'll just kind of have it riffing here, but who I ended up giving to the Dolphins is someone that the longer we go through the process, the more I appreciate Buck. Do you ever have players like that, like you kind of give him the grade? Oh, and then you go through the process and it's not like you're it's not like I don't even feel bad about But like Malachi Starks, I think I went in with the expectation because he had such a big reputation and then I just didn't see quite the playmaking that I wanted to see this year off the tape, and for whatever reason the Clemson game kind of he flashed like whoa, this keeps up, man, this is a top ten player. And then but gosh, I just I know, the forty was okay, the workout numbers like threekin on all that stuff wasn't great. But just watching him go through the drills, he was like the fastest in every single drill. He just looked the way he moved it gave me and I know he didn't make anywhere near the places that ed Reid makes, but just watching him move and body control and things like that, he gave me some Ed Reid vibes. And then when I hear from team after team after team that his interviews were off the charts, like the football intelligence, the leadership, the communication, which is huge at that position. I'm like, this guy ain't missing man somebody in a draft with so many kind of uncertainties. That's why I thought he's going to go in the top fifteen, just because he's too clean of a person as well of a player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think this is where the beauty pageant gets everything kind of muddied, right, because we're always looking for the superhero that can leap tall buildings in the single bound. But don't forget man, it's about the ball. And when you look at Malakoi Starks, particularly not last year, but the year before, he's all over the place and not the same player, but kind of the same conversation with Kyle Hamilton. When you look at Cal Hamilton and you just knew he's a really good football player, but the other stuff didn't work out for him, so he falls to Baltimore and becomes the player that we thought that he would be in the league. To me, I get that sense with Malakin Starks. The problem is the guy that is at his position South Carolina kid is a super hero.
Speaker 4: With also balder skills.
Speaker 3: Does that kick us off with a couple of this or that's here each?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'll give you the floor because we talked about this and we each kind of go through. BUTTT, why don't you lead us off and then Buck, you get a second to get your thoughts on this one. Then I'll go a second. But the struggle that you might be having at a certain position, this player versus that player. Go ahead, RTT, what do you got our dj?
Speaker 3: I' mecha a Buka versus Matthew Golden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. It's a good one. I mean I have him, I have him touching each other, I think right, I have I have him fifteen in uh, fifteen and seventeen.
Speaker 1: So me, the resume speaks louder for a buka. The length of the resume, the volume of the resume. And now we're going to see, you know, when Ohio State goes through a pro day, We're gonna see.
Speaker 3: What the numbers are for a buka.
Speaker 1: But I imagine it's They're going to impress us in the way that Chris Olave and UH and Garrett Wilson did when they came out, and maybe a little bit faster than people think he is. So I just think he's such a polished professional at this point that like that dude's going to come right in. And not to say that Golden can't be that, but to me that like, I feel a little bit more comfortable with a Buka.
Speaker 3: That's the way I would turn it.
Speaker 2: And how would you have that one? Buck?
Speaker 4: Man, That's a good one. It's so funny.
Speaker 5: I spent all of the fall just loving Abuka and then of late, not only the combine stuff, but Matthew Golden. When you go back and look at the tape, you just wonder, Man, what was I missing When you look at him. He's such a clean route runner, He's so spectacularly with the ball in his hands, and he does have that juice.
Speaker 4: I'm leaning towards Matthew Golden over top.
Speaker 5: And I know Ohio State has just produced receiver after receiver aster receiver after receiver receiver, but I don't know, Man, the Texas kid got something to him that just kind of kind of pop for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look at the fact a couple of different things where I would go with Golden. I mean, just first of all, just pure juice. He's just got more juice Buka Is. I think, what ten pounds heavier, so and he's strong, but Golden plays strong, plays strong through the ball. They're both I love the fact that they both get their feet in the ground, their grounded through the catch. They're just real. They played strong for their size. I just think you get a little more juice with Golden. And I come back to two things with Golden. One is he moves up a level basically, right, you know, you go from Houston and then you go to the biggest stage there is with Texas, and he's much better at Texas than even was at Houston. And then in the biggest games, in the biggest moments, i e. Season on the line, fourth down against Arizona State, whereas Steve Sarkisan's got a lot of options in that offense and he's running it through Matthew Golden, he was making plays and save their season. So I've got kind of that clutch factor. And then you just kind of go through the spring and I'm like I've seen him. I mean, I just got a chance to see him, you know, at the combine and saw that speed, which is which is real. So and you also have some kickoff return stuff too. If you want to mess with that, he's he's he can take it to the house on that. But that's a good one. That's a great example of kind of this one versus of that one. I've got one for you on Buck. I'll hit you on this one. And it's not that this is again when you're doing these, it's not we're not just talking about the you know, the top ten, top fifteen players, just like the ones that you struggle with. For me, it's that's a safety position in that next tier behind those top two guys. So to me for the third safety, when I look at Xavier Watts from Notre Dame with all of his production and Jalen Reed from Penn State, they're almost identical in size five to one, one five two eleven for Reid, five one one six two oh four for Watts. Reid ran a four four to nine. So with Reed, you know, I just I think he plays fast. I love his physicality as a blitzer. He still had you know, he got production, had three picks, So it's not he hasn't done anything in the production department. He just twitched up and plays kind of hair on fire. And then with Watts, you've got the incredible production, like unbelievable ball production. But some of it is kind of ball finds him, you know, like the you know, it's not necessarily him always making plays on the ball. The ball kind of gets them. I think sometimes we underestimate that that those guys. The ball finds him in college, it tends to find him in the NFL as well. I didn't think he moved quite as good. We haven't seen him run yet, so I'm curious to see him run when you get that process. But man, it's hard to ignore the production. So that's the third safety for me. Back is a good debate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the third stage is a good debate.
Speaker 5: Now, Xavier, watch the IQ the awareness, and you talked about just the ball finding him. To me, I'm just a believer that some of those plays are made because the guy says traps that he understands where the ball is going and he just finds a way to kind of maneuver and get himself to that spot.
Speaker 4: It's a good one.
Speaker 5: I still lean towards to Notre Dame kid like watch to me is kind of like that safety that I love having. Maybe it's the ball production that I can't erase. Really good player, both guys are really good players.
Speaker 3: Though I really liked I really like Xavier Watts.
Speaker 1: I just you know, the thing that strikes me is that that dude doesn't miss a whole lot like in the open field man on some of those like some of those you know, get some of those quick screens up. I remember watching that USC game just thinking that that dude just bringing everybody he touches, is getting to.
Speaker 3: The ground like he's not missing on guys, And.
Speaker 1: I just I think that is a very valuable commodity in the league right now, especially with the way that we see those kind of quick kitters, you know, trying to get yards.
Speaker 3: So I would lean slightly towards Wats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's uh, it's an excellent debate. I have Wats. I have an exact game both sixty two, so I have the same exact great on these guys. I want to see if I can pull up the tackle thing because now you got me, uh, you got me thinking they're RT. So I want to.
Speaker 3: Twenty.
Speaker 1: It was I think I got I want to say, you had like eight miss tackles in a run game on the year.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm pull it up right now here too, so I can pull up. I just wanted to compare the the tackling stuff with those two guys. Yeah, let's go to miss tackles. Yeah, Jalen Reid had sad eight. He had eight miss tackles and guess what David Watts eight miss tackles. Jalen Reid had twenty run stops, Xavier Watts had seventeen. Okay, I mean like that's what I'm saying, that's night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The guys are very close as players, so that could be as you know what that could be as simple as that could be, as simple as you bring them both into your building, you let your coaches visit with them, and who do you want to coach?
Speaker 3: Put them back to back, right, just like we do what we say one of the value.
Speaker 2: I don't people realize that because everybody thinks it's like, oh, it's just this tape and this stat and this and this you pro day, I'm like, you know what it is. Sometimes you bring him in the coach because I just like this kid. I like this kid better than that kid I want. If I'm gonna have him in my room, I'd rather have this kid. And we are never going to know.
Speaker 3: That I got.
Speaker 1: I got two more rapid firewoods, if you guys are are ready them off Darius Alexander versus Josh Farmer. Now, Now tackles are tougher because, like there's differences.
Speaker 3: In style stylistically, right, but in terms of.
Speaker 2: Like both older I believe too, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit Alexander and Farmer, both guys we sought the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 3: Farmer feels like.
Speaker 2: He thought Farmer had a better overall week there, you know, just in terms of the consistency, whereas Alexander flashed well.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of what I feel like, is what you're buying with Alexander, Like you're buying a little bit more pizaz than you are with Farmer, who's got a little bit more of like the bulk, maybe not as much of the twitchiness that Alexander does, maybe is a little bit less, Like Alexander's got a little bit more freaky athleticism.
Speaker 4: To me, he is, he is a freak show on the inside.
Speaker 5: When you just see a man dead's size move the way that he moves, the way he's able to create chaos on the inside. He's so good with his hands, and the way his hands and feet are tied together as a rusher, to me is super impressive for an interior guy.
Speaker 4: You just don't see guys with his sides kind of moving around like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had I had Farmer six spots over Alexander, but I would say that is more than likely going to flip one once we get down the home stretch here and more of the reasons that kind of you mentioned there, just kind of the length, the athleticism. You get a little bit more with Alexander, And it's weird to say as somebody, I think it's twenty five years old that you're kind of but he's gotten better every year, like he's just continued to get better. So I would probably lean towards Alexander on that one. At this point in time. What's the last one?
Speaker 1: Last one I got is Landon Jackson versus jack Sawyer.
Speaker 2: Jackson at this point in time, Atlanta Jackson, Ace the Senior Bowl game, he was phenomenal. Then he goes to the Combine and Ace the combine. Yah. So, and the other thing is when I was going back through and I'm gonna, you know, one of the ones that I would don't we won't have to do it here. But like we've kind of already talked about Membo, you know, potentially having leap frogged Will Campbell right as the top offensive linemon. Golly man, it's the Arkansas game for Will Campbell's a tough one and Lanta Jackson he ate his lunch and the game.
Speaker 1: I mean's Max Crosby, you know, it's like that that that effort.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't he just doesn't then quite like Crosby, but he is so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also like the fact I think he was l s U first right too injurance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, came in with an injury.
Speaker 2: And then that's.
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 2: Anyone that you come up with.
Speaker 5: Oh no, No, the one that I've had is the one that we were about to get into. When it talks about the Ohio State running backs, like I'm still having a talk flipped them twice, all right, I mean between Henderson and Jakins, like trying to figure out who and what and then you're trying to you're trying to look at the tape and and figure out like, well, why does this guy get the ball at this moment, but then the next game the other guy gets it at the same identical moment. In a situation, it's like the coaches didn't give me clues as to which one they felt like was the one they need to hang their hat on.
Speaker 4: Man, really good players. Both are explosive and dynamic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kins ran a little faster than I thought he would, and you know, he's heavier to me, heavier, and he ran really well and he's the closer. But then Henderson, you get you. He hits a lot of home runs.
Speaker 4: A lot of home runs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm saying that is a tough one. I've had him. I'll probably switch it a million times and when yeah, by the time we finish up there, you know what. You know what. It reminded me of like one of the all time debates that I had where I went back and forth on it, which is kind of funny now when you think about it, But it was Hooker, right and Jamal Adams.
Speaker 1: When they had seem Yeah, it was like he ended up going what like three and fifteen or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for Hooker, Yeah, yeah, Adams was way up there. Yeah, and you had Adams who was at the line of scrimmage and the blitzer, and and then you had Hooker who was at all that ball production back now, to be honest with you, I mean, and Adams had some good early years, but like and Hooker still going on. Still, yes, he's had a long career. But I would say neither one of them, like from the impact we thought we were going to get with those guys, neither one of them really can.
Speaker 5: Because I think I think Jamal was six, MALIEK. Cooker was Was he fourteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won't say fifteen of the colts, but yeah, it's in that range. And we're like, why what's taking Why is Malie Cooker lasted so long? I remember that being one of the conversations.
Speaker 4: That basketball player natural instincts.
Speaker 5: He was making all the plays all over the field in terms of ball production.
Speaker 4: And then we.
Speaker 3: Talked about him up there in like the top five overall players.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, all right, how about this? Would you I would have never guessed this. I don't know why I haven't paid attention to those two guys. What would you give me your guests without looking without cheating. Career interceptions Malik Hooker versus Jamal Adams.
Speaker 4: I would say Malik Hooker probably has here's the boys. I want to say twenty. Can we get to twenty? Can we get to twenty interceptions? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, Mali Cooker has fourteen? Fourteen interceptions? Still okay, it's pretty good. Fourteen, Okay? Jamal Adams has four.
Speaker 4: Four I knew, I knew his less than whatever his team was, you know.
Speaker 2: Like I'm still getting I had Molly Cooker in that one. I thought I had lost that one.
Speaker 5: Like Jamalson was ended up being when Greg Williams made him a pseudo linebacker in sack production, and then he carried it on to Seattle and then the injuries and then he couldn't acknowledge what he is and that's why he said, issue.
Speaker 2: You want to know what's crazy? So in Seattle he had nine and a half sacks, right, think about this is how weird the league is and injuries. I obviously play a partner. So he's an All Pro, second team All Pro Pro bowler nine and a half sacks in twenty twenty, and he at that point he's twenty five years old. Do you know how many sacks he had after that?
Speaker 4: Probably one?
Speaker 2: Right, I have zero?
Speaker 3: How many one?
Speaker 1: So the has traded more first round picks for Jamal Adams then sacks that he had to get him out of New York?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Well, his the nine and a half sack year was.
Speaker 3: That was the first year that was New York. That was that was in New York. That's what I'm saying. So Seattle traded.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he had six and a half. He had six and a half with the Jets, and then his first year in Seattle he had nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it paid off for a little bit for his first year.
Speaker 2: That's that first year he's a Pro bowler, second team All Pro, nine and a half sacks and then from that point on he did not have a single sack and did not let me see, where's interceptions? And then he had he had two interceptions after that after the age of twenty five, No sacks, two picks. Man injuries I think had yeah, yeah, a big part of that. But well, I did not think we were going to do the Molie Cooker. Jamal Adams, do you want to do golf versus Wentz? Yeah, gosh, that's a tough loss for me on that one. Bucky was Bucky was team Golf or he got me. He got me good on that one.
Speaker 3: Well, it wasn't what I mean. Look that one's had some ups now, okay.
Speaker 2: One Buck had a couple of big wins early the early path to the draft years. That's what it was. It was like this guy versus that guy. I lost. I lost the Vic bass I think you might have won, Vic Beasley, because I don't even remember who I have. I don't think you did anything.
Speaker 4: It was not. It was not a Fowler, I think right, Oh it was.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was. He's still play. I can't. It was a good comeback for me. It was a good early on was not looking good for me.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: That was the Seahawks, by the way, just two first rounders in a third for Jamal Adams.
Speaker 2: I know that was a heist.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I thought I thought he was going to be peace version of Troy Pola up there.
Speaker 4: I thought he was gonna play.
Speaker 5: I thought he was gonna play down in the line of scrimmers like Troy did, ed sc and make a ton of plays.
Speaker 4: And he did that first.
Speaker 2: Year and then that was it. Yeah, not great. You know what's going to be funny is all the debates. You know, we're talking about that twenty twenty one draft. Think about then, Buck, you kind of mentioned it about the quarterbacks, but like how much time we spent on Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, mac Jones, Like we knew Trevor was gonna go number one with that whole draft process, was talking about those four of those four.
Speaker 1: Others, they're all they're all on your third team. Yeah, at least the third right, Yeah, Well, I assume we'll get somewhere.
Speaker 5: So here's here. And I know we do a lot of the quarterback discussion for TV. Let's try and make sure we talk about the best players, so we at least have some of that. We have to talk about the quarterback because everyone loves the quarterbacks, but let's talk about the best players.
Speaker 3: Are the producers listening. Are the producers listening to the show?
Speaker 2: I'd like to hear it like you'll hear it like with uh, you'll hear it with the analysts when you're watching all the different networks about like how do you not take it? You don't have one, you have to take one and I'm like, notarily not in the first round. If you don't love them, just take one that you take another player you love and take your swing on the year of.
Speaker 3: The second round.
Speaker 2: Quarterback right here, let's go and then you know what inevitably happens, and everybody starts. It's like poker, you know, everybody starts around the Wait, they haven't gone yet.
Speaker 3: Let's hold off.
Speaker 2: Let's just yeah, yeah, nobody needs to raise the pot here. Nobody needs to raise the pot. Let's just chan their card free. Look here. That's what it is, all right. Anything else you guys want to get into before we get out here. This was fun to be back together again.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, I enjoyed it. Enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I like, I like playing the this or that. So I think there's there's a million more we could get to and we should probably do some semblance of that here for the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I gave you guys one story as we as we head out, you guys knew I was gone last week. I was in Hawaii and uh, celebrate my anniversary. And we're we're walking back my wife when I went out to dinner. We're walking back through a different hotel than the one we were at. And we're looking around and I go, I go, oh, oh, babe, these are there's these are NFL players. I just look around, so there's a lot of NFL players here, like, how do you know? How do you know? I'm like, I just I'm body typing. He's like, you can't you can't know that their NFL players. I'm all, yeah, look at the I just look at the look at the bodies and look at the watch, like the combination of the body with the watch the NFL players. And she's like, you don't know that. I kid you not. Within sixty seconds of her saying you can't know that, Harrison Harrison Phillips from Dirty Harry in the Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Like, DJ, what's up.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Harrison, what are you doing over? Harrison? We start talking the NFL pay that is. It was literally all of these guys walking around there. So it was it was great to catch up with him. What a good dude, man. So but it was, uh, it was funny. Come on, like Buck, we never we can't turn body typing off. Stops at the mall, You'll see somebody like I know he's somebody I don't know who he is, but I know he's somebody anyways. All Right, that's gonna do it for us today. Appreciate you guys hanging with us. We'll see you next time. We got coming to you from the Big twelve Pro Days in Dallas. Yeah, coming your way, so be on the look out for that. Until then, we appreciate you and hope you have a wonderful week.
Speaker 4: H