Speaker 1: It just got me the warning that says it's recording. You know who's saying that, Oh I don't have a micing me. You are a dope, a dopey dope.
Speaker 2: Is this mine? You turned this on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's number two? Andrew cool. Welcome to Serial Killers. I know you guys who like to eat cereal?
Speaker 2: Makes them come, please Andrew.
Speaker 1: So cereal, they cares, acquire, some get some retired. Did you want me to just shut that off so we can get going. Yeah, let's do this.
Speaker 2: We have to get a couple of episodes in before, you know.
Speaker 1: But saying that in this episode doesn't mean anything to anybody that's listening, because the next episode will just be another episode.
Speaker 2: Nobody understands.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Killers. It's episode one ninety six of Scotty B.
Speaker 2: Where I thought we were at one ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I'm Scotty B.
Speaker 2: Huh, I'm Andrew. Oh sorry?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And this is the podcast where we talk about cereal and we think inside the box because very forward thinking guys. Yeah, is that what that means? I guess I think you'd be thinking outside the box if you were forward thinking. Inside the box means all very narrow shallow, can't do.
Speaker 2: You know what I've been using, and I need to tell you about it. What I've been trying to close up the whole see the.
Speaker 1: Hole for treking out ngers.
Speaker 2: You see my patch of alopecia I've been trying. So I've been using what they say is a beard oil that makes it grow. So we'll see how that happens.
Speaker 1: Oh is it from Cremo?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I ordered it off Amazon. If anything, it's probably gonna make me break out or grow a third arm. Who knows.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Cerial Killer sponsored by Cremo Beard Products.
Speaker 2: I wish.
Speaker 1: No, you're great? Yeah, all right, So should we start eating cereal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's cut to the chase.
Speaker 1: So we were in Cape Cod last week or two weeks ago for our vacation. And anytime I go to a different town or city or country or state or whatever, I always troll the supermarket aisles for cereals that we haven't done before.
Speaker 2: I should have done that in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yes, you should have, because it was probably like fried chicken cereal. Uh maybe I don't know. But so it was either the stopping shop or the shawls. I forget which supermarket it was, but I went down there and there was a Kashi that we've never tried before. Fun and it said new okay, So I went and I grabbed it. Great. It reminded me when I looked at the box of the now defunct Kellogg's frosted No Kellogg's Miniwheeds touch of Fruit raisin or raisin squares from back in the day if you will, in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yes, will now, and I remember them. I was born in nineteen ninety one. I get it. I'm old now. No.
Speaker 1: No, I just figured you might have done some cereal research at some point.
Speaker 2: In cereal research.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when did.
Speaker 2: This podcast require me to do like a homework.
Speaker 1: Maybe you went to like mister breakfast dot com and researched some old cereals.
Speaker 2: Is that a real sight? It is, and it's wonderful, mister breakfast dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you click on the cereal tab and wow, he's got a lot of information.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, let me go down to the cereal sack here, okay, and this is new from Kashi. Look at that simply raisin, so it looks like like frosted there. I keep saying, frosted. They're not frosted. They're many wheats, shredded mini wheats stuffed with raisins. Enjoy these toasted whole wheat biscuits sweetened with sun ripe in California raisins and a touch of warm cinnamon spice blend.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I'm gonna like the spice blend, but something about this just feels very retirement home.
Speaker 1: Did you know that it's a satisfyingly crispy biscuits balanced with a perfectly sweet, chewy filling.
Speaker 2: I'm just getting very much like like gums, Like you need your gums to chew this one?
Speaker 1: Why because raisins?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's a prune.
Speaker 2: It seems old to me, Like, oh, do you have the raisin cereal?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm surprised I never came out with prune cereal. I'm sure it exists. It probably does somewhere because we had that poop like a champion, so there's gotta be something like I.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed the poop like champion cereal. I thought that was pretty good, and I pray it's not up there so you don't make me eat it.
Speaker 1: Here's the only problem with this particular box of cereal now, boy, it's already open and it's just about gone because Amy found it and I bought a bunch of cereals while we were away, and I put it in the closet and I was gonna bring them home with us. But Amy had been eating this for breakfast every day in Cape Cod, unbeknownst to me. So, Andrew, I just missed the garbage. Can you're as bad at sports as I am. Times ten.
Speaker 2: No, you're worst at sports. I can't see you doing anything athletic.
Speaker 1: Ever, that's not true. I used to play some sports. I played little league, and I played soccer, and I played floor hockey, I played some stuff. I was on the track team for a second. Then I knocked the hurdles over and then they made me carry the water bottles.
Speaker 2: Cool coock cool cool cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's great. Oh you know what it smells.
Speaker 2: It's a taste that you couldn't see, because.
Speaker 1: Did you know that that used to be the slogan for cinematose crunch.
Speaker 2: The taste you can see?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So why would you say that, Well.
Speaker 2: Because I'm pretending to be an old person seeing raisins. It's a part of the bit. Get into it, Scott. We can't have a wacky morning radio show if you're not gonna follow along.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: What is it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna got out of the fridge over here and break out the fair Life milk today.
Speaker 2: It's fair Life, fair Life, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: It was on sale. Yeah, two for five dollars, which is a great price for fair Life. Yeah it pays like four bucks already for like four nine.
Speaker 2: Wow. In this house, full price is the F force.
Speaker 1: That's right, it is.
Speaker 2: Can you please get like, like, can we get a board that you could just hit sound effects on? Yeah, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: But see, you're the one that just brought up extreme couponing.
Speaker 2: Not me, I know, but the way you say that, you were like fair Life a great deal this week.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It just reminded me of you being on that show.
Speaker 1: Well. See, now the F word in my house is because my kids say it all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, now this episode needs an explicit.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't. I just beep it out. Okay, here we go, ready, one, two, three. I know my kids don't say it. They're not allowed to. It's just good. It's very fall like now that we're almost into fall. Yeah, this could almost be a pumpkin spice cereal without saying pumpkin spice.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm into it.
Speaker 1: Right as soon as I said pumpkin spice, you were like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was into it. But then once you gave me some fall memories to it. Now I'm just picturing myself cozy on my couch watching the movie, relaxed and a sweatshirt. Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: See now, I just think it's okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine because I'm going now, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna give it three balls. It's okay, but you know, because I don't like pumpkin spice.
Speaker 2: I like pumpkin spices, I'm giving it four balls. Okay, ver pretty good. I gotta tell you you know what real quick.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call Amy because she ate more of the cereal than we did, so I'm curious as to what she gives it. Hi, Hi, is this my wife? Amy?
Speaker 2: It is Hi?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is Scotty Bee from the very popular cereal podcast Serial Killers, along with my co host Andrew.
Speaker 2: Hi. Amy, is this being recorded?
Speaker 1: It is? I just want to ask you since you ate most of the box of Kashi the raisin cereal I did, actually, it was about to do for a bowl. I'm just curious as to, uh, what rating you would give it?
Speaker 2: Oh, five bulls?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: It four. I think it tastes delicious.
Speaker 1: And I gave it. I gave it three because I do like it, But it also reminds me a lot of pumpkin spice cereals, and I don't like pumpkins.
Speaker 2: Pass Oh, there's no hint of pumpkin whatsoever. It's more of the general feeling. I think it's the spices, like the general like spicy of the cereal.
Speaker 1: It tastes like fall. It tastes like fall. It definitely tastes like fall.
Speaker 2: But it's just so delicious and it definitely will give you good poops.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to very good. Thank you, Amy, Well, thank you so much. Appreciate your input. And I will talk to you a little while. Okay, love you have a great day. Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So she have five balls, four bowls and three bowls. It's very hard to get a five bowler out of Amy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the other one that she did was the Funfetti cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was not a fan. No, she gave that five balls. She did? Yes, really, she doesn't like sweet stuff.
Speaker 2: She ate like ninety percent of the box. Remember if you have to buy a second box, it was a whole thing about it.
Speaker 1: I don't recall. Okay, here's Terry Jones. You're looking for food. No, I'm actually looking for a copy of the Elvis's book.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can provide that for you. It's right there.
Speaker 1: I could have a case. Oh, sure, whatever you need.
Speaker 2: How many giveaways are we doing?
Speaker 1: All right? Andrew?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Thanks? Yeah? And what cereal we eating?
Speaker 2: Do you want to try it?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, have I ever turned down food?
Speaker 2: It's cashi simply raising.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this sounds like it's right up my alley. You know yeah, you know I love healthy food.
Speaker 2: You've always been a health nut.
Speaker 1: You know me? I mean speaking of nuts? Are there nuts in there? No? There are no nuts.
Speaker 2: Sorry. This one is basically a not frosted mini wheat with raisins on the inside.
Speaker 1: Is that how you describe it over there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. In these COVID times, you were COVID Jones. Go ahead, we've already tried it right, this waist scary? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Make sure you're doing it on camera.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can already see. I love the texture of it. Reminds me of a frosted mini wheat. Yes, you know, sands frosting. I'm going shin them into it. Little spicy, right, little spicy spice tastes like fall, doesn't it. It's like a pumpkin spice of start. See there we go, there you go. I like it and one to five balls would be I give it three balls and a spoon. Very good. Okay, all right, so he's he's in the middle of the road, right, what about you guys? I gave it four balls, Scotty three and we called Amy because she ate most of the box, and she gave it five.
Speaker 2: I do like it, yeah, I mean I've tasted better, but you know I I do.
Speaker 1: I do enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It's not the worst, No, No, I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thanks for inviting the Boks for stopping. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Scary, I'll finish this.
Speaker 1: I know you will, all right, Andrew?
Speaker 2: What's next? Is it sugary?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I could go sugary or not sugary. You tell me what you want next.
Speaker 2: It's up to you. Okay, going down okay, Oh I'm out on sugar. I'm a health not yeah, always have been, you know what I'm but I.
Speaker 1: Scary see it fourth quarter scary? All right? So this one's going to be disgusting, but we have to do it because we haven't done it before. Oh no, this is from Love Grown and Power O's original. We've on the chocolate and I think we did cinnamon or something like that. What's the face for?
Speaker 2: I sound like my god daughter Keana when she doesn't like something. I babysat her the past weekend, so I got to see some of her little baby quirks and when she doesn't like something, she just goes, oh no, oh no, and she rubs her eyes and she goes, oh no, that's me right now. I'm saying that to Love Grown.
Speaker 1: She would probably say that to this cereal as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody wants that, do you know?
Speaker 1: By the way, I met somebody the other day whose friend develops flavors for Magic Spoon Cereal. Oh. I didn't want to tell her how much we hated them. But maybe they will develop some flavors that we will like again. In their defense and their defense, we're so used to sugary crab cereals that when you have something like a Keto cereal like that, it's going to be disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true retweet.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Love Grown Original, gluten Free. I'm not going to read anything else on the box to you because I know it will anger you.
Speaker 2: It doesn't anger me. It's just whenever I start a tangent, you like can magically pull up the Charlie Brown sound. But then when you read the whole entire box, it's like, all right, let's give Scotty the stage.
Speaker 1: No, really really Love Grown Original. Here we go, power rows.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, okay.
Speaker 1: Very plain, very bland, Okay to start? Is it going to kick in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Disgusting? Yeah, no, horrendous.
Speaker 2: It's a rice chip or it's like just a It tastes like a.
Speaker 1: Chip, but can you taste what it actually is? Beans exactly? It's gross. It sure is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Even bean chips need seasoning.
Speaker 1: It is toasted rice and bean cereal unsweetened. No, No, I will give it a spoon because I didn't spit it out.
Speaker 2: I'll give it a bowl. It's not the worst thing, but it's still not good.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I feel like the chocolate ones were even worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean right, because those had a flavoring, but even the flavoring on it was like teto, so it was like not real.
Speaker 1: Oh did you know that? When we were in Cape Cod. Yeah, we were in an ice cream place. There's ice cream everywhere all up and down the Cape, and apparently a very popular ice cream flavor there is grape nuts. It's the strangest thing. The guy asked for a grape nuts Sunday and as he was walking in the street, I was like, excuse me, sir, so is it just like ice cream and they just put grape nuts on top as a top. He's like, no, it's grape nuts ice cream. You have to try it. I didn't, but I thought it was very interesting and that must be a very regional local thing because I've never heard of that before. Ever.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure that town has no digestive issues whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that was actually in Provincetown.
Speaker 2: Provincetown, zero colon problems, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of fun there, a lot of fun. And the ice cream shop did also have boxes of grape nuts on the shelf. I guess as toppings as well. Either that or they made the grape nut ice cream fresh there in the store.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was really interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm in I mean, I would like to try that. Okay, I would try that.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Where was I You were going to do the third cereal?
Speaker 1: Oh right? Right? Yeah? So what are great listeners of ours? Lives in Cleveland?
Speaker 2: I love Cleveland. Cleveland is one of the best cities in the whole entire world.
Speaker 1: Alexander, Alexandria. She must be just outside of Cleveland. She's from Maple Heights, Okay, so I'm guessing that is a suburb of Cleveland. Have been to that and along the lines of the cereals that we've had from sports stars, but we have what's his name, QB Crunch, the dude, the other guy, and that guy, the other football guy, lots of football guys with.
Speaker 2: The cereals, sports cereals, sports serials.
Speaker 1: Andrew and I are huge sports fans. She's the football is starting up, guys, so I can't that's right. Football season starts as of the day that we're recording this, which is a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Sunday, am I right, do better?
Speaker 1: Don't bother me on Sunday? And when there's Monday night football. Oh my god, don't you call my house.
Speaker 2: Just love when they throw the pigskin and they blitz each other. Yeah, on the on the field, and when they when they do the field goal.
Speaker 1: Right, let's not make us out to be too much losers. So Chubb Crunch, chub Crunch, this is it looks like Cinemato's Crunch. It says cenniment Toast Squares exclusively at Heinen's. That's their local supermarket there. That's the big chain there in Cleveland. Scotty Be and Andrew, I hope you guys enjoy this special edition cereal from Cleveland. Are running back? Nick Chubbs had this cereal made for a good cause. Read about it on the box Love the show. Can I please get a shirt? Of course you can, Alexandra Dria and you can buy it at cereal oki loosepc dot com. But yours is free. True, you know I sent this exclusive limited edition cereal And look there's a crossword puzzle on the back. Andrew, I'll be doing that with you later after the show.
Speaker 2: Ohy, actually it's a word search.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what they call it? Now?
Speaker 2: It's not a crossword puzzle? Why because there's no, that's a word search. You're right, it sure is. You know what, For a second, I didn't know the difference between the two.
Speaker 1: But I guess if there's clues, then it's a crossword puzzle, and if there's just words you have to find, it's a word search.
Speaker 2: No, when there's giant black boxes in it, because it can't be an all word crossword puzzle. That would literally be like the hardest thing in the entire world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: How could all the words match up?
Speaker 1: Guess what, Andrew? I was wrong and stupid?
Speaker 2: Can I say that? When I went to a certain school in my three school journey Miami, No, okay, it was the second one I went to. I knew I had to transfer when I was the smartest person in the class, which has never happened and never should happen. When there was a crossword puzzle test with a word bank on the board and people failed it, wow, literally you just need to find the biggest word and work backwards. You didn't need to know anything else. And people were like, how did you figure it out?
Speaker 1: Millennials?
Speaker 2: I wasn't millennials. It was stupid people.
Speaker 1: You ready Andrew.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what is this cinnamon chubbs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Didn't read what the back of it is for. Isn't it for like a charity?
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm gonna read it in a second. Let's try it first, because I'll feel bad if we don't like it. Ready. One, two, three, Hmmm, you're a little fascinate. It's good. It looks like it's supposed to be cinnamon toast crunch. The pieces are a little bit different.
Speaker 2: They're a little stale.
Speaker 1: No, it's just a different crunch. They're not stale. It's brand new. It's just released. Cinnamon sugar is not quite as strong I think it is. This reminds me of my aunt Bee's cookies that she used to make when I was a child. Snicker, very thin. No, they were thin, crisp, really thin, crispy cinnamon sugar cookies.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could be into that.
Speaker 1: Who it tastes like?
Speaker 2: I give it four balls.
Speaker 1: I'm also going to not give it four balls. I'll give it three balls and a spoon. Wow, okay, three balls and a spoon do you eat? Pretty good? So proceeds. Let's see it goes to found out by Nick's ancestors as Georgiatown became a self sufficient as blah blah blah in memory of Junior Stocks. Chubb First Candle is committed to ending Sudden Infant death Syndrome or SIDS, and other sleep related infant deaths while providing bereavement support to families who have experienced a loss. So if you can find a box of Chubb Crunch in the Cleveland area, please do. Yeah, it supports a good cause.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's three cereals. Wow, Oh it just got brighter. Oh they're doing some shooting there, some movie shoots, like this is the first time people have been around.
Speaker 2: I know, it's very odd.
Speaker 1: It's very very strange, and I guarantee you any moment they're going to come in here and say, can you turn the lights off from there? It's messing our shot.
Speaker 2: And that's when you're gonna go into full on Scottie Karen mode.
Speaker 1: No, we're doing a podcast. It's very boy. Can we team up and be mean together?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I could be mean right because this is this is this is our thing. They're invading our space.
Speaker 2: Our version of mean though, would be like they walk in, Hey, can you turn it down. No, we're recording. Thank you though, talk a big game and then when it comes time to it. Although I will say I've gotten better with my anger over the years. I think I used to yell and now I listen, and if someone makes a stupid remark, I have laughed in someone's face before.
Speaker 1: I love your assertiveness. I do enjoy that. Another reason why you would be great on Survivor.
Speaker 2: Why How am I am? I? Really assertive?
Speaker 1: You can be you know you can be. You come across as mister nice guy, calm, nice, mile, mattered Andrew, and then when you need to be a dick, you can turn it on and I love it. Yeah, I can tell when you do it to me. Well, I could be a little shady, Yeah, I admit that. But again, that's the best part is that you could.
Speaker 2: Be two people.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're bipolar now? Uh no, is that what that means? Yeah, well that's kind of like the two different people. Again, bipolar is like a serious mental disorder. But I didn't mean it that way.
Speaker 2: No, I know, it's more it's not really too personality fun.
Speaker 1: And cheery, like you're two polar bears. Yeah, I'm two polar bears. You are a polar bear that likes boys and girls. That's what I meant by it. You're bipolar. You're a bipolar You're a polar bear that enjoys the company of both males and females.
Speaker 2: This is the oddest thing you've ever said in your entire can't possibly be nothing. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I was just trying to just describe my way out of it.
Speaker 2: You didn't need to go that way. Okay, you could have just said, oh, jacko and Hyde, but it said you said something about polar bears and liking both polar bears males and female polar bears.
Speaker 1: Well, that would make sense. Wouldn't be the definition of bipolar? Bye? Bisexual polar bears Andrew? You get it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I'm not bisexual, so now I'm confused.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Let's go. Thanks for listening. Serial Killers find out in the next episode if we got thrown out at our studio or not by the camera people.
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, spiller alert, but I will tell you hold on, no, no, no, where's the next where's here? I'll let me play this because I don't pay stuff anymore. Let's play this. I'm the Killers. You talked over it, now I have to play it again. Don't say don't talk about your peeing.
Speaker 2: On the next Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: We will feature another sports serial. Hmm, what could it be? I wonder? Thanks for listening. Please follow us at serial Killers PC on all social platforms.
Speaker 2: Go follow the bipolar polar Bear himself it Scotty Bee.
Speaker 1: No, it's you. You're the bipolar polar Bear. Well, if I'm a them, what are you? I am just the bear serial KILLERPC dot com buy up all those T shirts.
Speaker 2: You're a bipolar polar bear. If anybody's a bipolar polar bear, you are correct.
Speaker 1: And and uh until we see you next Monday and maybe Wednesday with a bowl chat. I don't know we still do that. It will be a bull chat. Yeah, okay, we missed one episode. Yeah, oh we don't do that. I was gonna clink. I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: And who knows. Maybe we'll have live show information coming soon. Okay, gotta go buy you.
Speaker 1: Please stop saying that, but say crunch crunch.
Speaker 2: Okay, I say what I want when I want. Look see there's a sort of Andrew. Thanks, not bipolar polaring.
Speaker 1: You're that too,