Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Steadveek along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Alexander's Alexandra Semonova. She's Bloomberg News equities reporter alex Stock's on the move today, no shortest.
Speaker 3: She's from a big move. For this one, I robot filed for bankruptcy and I'm so sad. It's very sad. This is a very so many room dows.
Speaker 4: In my house.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait wait, have they actually been roombas or were they knockoffs?
Speaker 4: No, we were like early on. I mean we had your loyalists for our dogs, like you know, yeah, yeah, for our Dalmatians, which we don't have anymore. They're gone, sorry guys, but I mean yeah, and we had one to watch the floor and went through a couple of different iterations.
Speaker 1: So we are you're you're you're on.
Speaker 3: Okay. Now, well, apparently the problem was that not everyone like you, Carol, was buying the original people were buying the Amazon knockoffs, which didn't fare well for the company, hence it giving over control to its main Chinese supplier. The common stock of I Robot will be wiped out under the proposed Chapter eleven plan. It listed between one hundred million dollars and five hundred million dollars worth of assets and liabilities in the filing and if you look at the share move today, it's down more than seventy percent. So a really brutal day for this company. Bad day for carpets as well.
Speaker 4: I guess if you have a pet, it's like the it's really fine, like you to go and the pet like I've seen on the videos of dogs like jumping onto that.
Speaker 1: We always had with these because we had one of the knockoffs. The challenge that we always had was you had to have like no obstacles. Yeah in the way.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that you don't have to monitor it, make sure that it doesn't get like stuck.
Speaker 1: I would also just stand there watching it, and I'm like, I'd stand there watching and be like, and my wife's like, is it are you actually saving any time? If you're just going to stand there and watch it, Like, couldn't you just be vacuumated and wasteless time.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the original. Like it would go under the couch, it would go like the only thing you had to be careful is if you had a rug with like fringes and so on and so forth. The end, it could chew it up a little bit, maybe if you didn't buy the knockoff.
Speaker 1: Remember Amazon offered to buy this company and it wasn't allowed to So that's sort of.
Speaker 3: Been a great change of fortunes for them. But okay, rest in peace, rumba.
Speaker 1: There are other stocks you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Michael Sailor's strategy is also a big one. Today it acquired almost a billion dollars in bitcoin for a second straight week, as the cryptocurrency has been falling. This was the largest amount of bitcoin acquired since July and it's second straight week of buying over ten thousand bitcoin. To its books, it used proceeds from sales of its Class A common stock, which is a model that some critics say dilutes the existing shareholder's equity. There has been market speculation that the company might be removed from some key equity indexes, but the Nasdaq one hundred actually opted late Friday to keep strategy in the index when it had its annual reconstitution. Shares are down right now, looks like seven percent. And of course Bitcoin has been tumbling to this year's lows. It is down about thirty percent from an all time high of just over one hundred and twenty six thousand in early October.
Speaker 1: Now we're seeing someone met them last week when it was, you know, above ninety three thousand percent point, but that didn't six.
Speaker 4: I just don't understand, like, are they I keep thinking that are they just creating demand here?
Speaker 1: You're talking strategies.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, you would think that their purchases are a test of confidence for bitcoin, but them buying it up clearly asn't helping the cryptocurrency right now. And what's interesting too, is it's not like there has been kind of a risk off mood on Wall Street. People are still buying stocks right but Bitcoin has been.
Speaker 4: Tesla could end at a record today, are so my co host reminded me, where do you want to go? Number three?
Speaker 3: Last one is Zillow. Shares of the company are tumbling today. Looks like it's down about eight point four percent right now. This is after report that Alphabet's Google has begun testing a new advertising platform for real estate listings. This threatens portals like Zilo and of course some of its competitors. If you look at Costar Group, which is owner of homes dot com, it also fell as much as nine point one percent today to a July twenty twenty two intraday low. Google's listings basically allow users to view full details of a property right as you search it. You can request a tour. Contacts the agent Goldman Sachs that they don't expect a direct near term hit, but this could be a problem in the long run.
Speaker 2: The stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Apple, Our Play and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.