Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Nick shot streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: It's a Tuesday inside the SWBC podcast studio and it feels a whole lot like Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Outside area in North Texas today.
Speaker 4: Yes, Packers Week has officially begun, weatherwise and otherwise.
Speaker 2: We got so much to talk about.
Speaker 5: We've got a lot.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, where do we start?
Speaker 2: Exactly where do we start?
Speaker 7: Would you like to start with the genius? I am. I'm gonna get it out, damn it right now.
Speaker 2: No, you, like the rest of us, pick Washington to win last night.
Speaker 7: No, that's not it.
Speaker 8: I'm still won of my flowers for predicting that the Eagles would lose to the Giants the last game of the season. I called it like you did, like three weeks ago.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: After you saw I think you called it after you saw the Eagles come here and lose to the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Thirty three to ten.
Speaker 4: I think it was after that They're not not.
Speaker 7: Beating them twice. That's what I said. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: I don't know that you said that they would lose one.
Speaker 2: I don't know that you said they would lose four out their last five games.
Speaker 8: I just knew the Giants would give him. Hell, that's all two games. Two games.
Speaker 4: I think that's what it is, like four out of five now and something like that. It is it is going on five out of six when mac or Baker Mayfield takes care of them.
Speaker 8: If they are going to blitz them to death, they're gonna he's gonna hurt. It's gonna see so many blitzeres. That's gonna be a tough one. I think they're gonna lose.
Speaker 5: You sure it's not five out of six.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't talk to them, remember I remember, we'll look it up. But Savannah had something that she was going to start us off with, right.
Speaker 9: Oh, I mean, I was going to say, the committee all decided the Huskies last night, and you know, turnout in our favor for the big shots Cruise.
Speaker 4: Why didn't we take into account tough physical football. I went with playmakers instead, and those playmakers got shut down by physical football and that's how you win football games. In fact, if you go back to look at the last two national champions, those Georgia Bulldogs, they didn't win it with the quarterback and the wide receiver. They won it with those front seven guys on defense.
Speaker 7: Those in the back were tight. They were tight on.
Speaker 10: Those easy to be tight when your defensive front is in the backfield.
Speaker 7: What the man did they block anybody at any time? Number seventy three was apologized.
Speaker 10: Seventy three right, and then and then anytime they hit a big play, it was a hold right yeah, and even some questionable holds. But they didn't mind Michigan grabbing Jerseys int that.
Speaker 7: Was an easy call.
Speaker 8: I mean the running backs right there, he's being hailed here and they can't get to.
Speaker 5: Him one of the DB's. It was amazing, but we've seen that before now.
Speaker 7: But Michigan deserved that.
Speaker 2: They they did well.
Speaker 10: The amazing thing was it was a one score game. Late in the third quarter.
Speaker 8: The Washington defense they started playing, yeah, thirteen to twenty for a minute, you know, like then they just.
Speaker 7: They couldn't hold on anymore. They couldn't hold on any longer, could.
Speaker 2: Not and in this just in from Philadelphia. They have lost five of their last six times.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, and then it'll start with the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: It's actually started with San Francisco.
Speaker 5: San Francisco that week before the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's it was San Francisco, it was Dallas, it was Jackson Smith and Jigba, and then they beat the Giants at home.
Speaker 2: And then it was Kyler Murray and then it was the Giants again and they were to be Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 10: They were fortunate enough to beat the Giants at home too, right, it was like a yeah, it was close point game or so one score game.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 2: And so as Harball landed anywhere.
Speaker 9: Yet you know he's out of there, right, I know where I'd like him to land.
Speaker 5: Where would you like him to land?
Speaker 6: There's the La Chargers.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, San Diego girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh huh. He has experience coaching in San Diego. Of course, they don't play in San Diego anymore. He was at the University of San Diego about twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Before Stanford.
Speaker 7: I did not know that.
Speaker 10: You know, if you're looking at landing spots, you got to pick a quarterback, right, and who's got a quarterback of all these teams that fired their head coaches Chargers, right, Herbert.
Speaker 8: So you don't want to see Belichick out there with.
Speaker 5: No I mean, he still got a job.
Speaker 7: That he keeps saying that, right, Yeah, I'm I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Did you see that.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Patriot player it was. I just heard about it quote that Patriots player had said yesterday that Okay, if they let go Belichick, then crap's going to go look for the best coach out there. And so the Patriots player so he's going to rehire Belichick.
Speaker 11: Oh all.
Speaker 9: Speaking of Patriots players, Zeke, somebody asked him if he's going to watch the Cowboys and pull for his former teammates, and he said he'd try to make it to the Cowboys playoff game, and he definitely plans to pull up.
Speaker 6: And support them.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 6: Love that, Love that from Zeke.
Speaker 5: Well, he's campaigning for a job next year.
Speaker 2: Pending free agency.
Speaker 4: But you give up a if you're Atlanta, would you give up the eighth pick in the draft to make a trade with the Patriots for.
Speaker 2: Their head coach? Yes, okay, you've played for you before.
Speaker 4: If you're the if you're the Falcons and you say you got the eighth pick in the draft, you would give up the first round draft pick, make a trade with the Patriots to get Belichick as your coach.
Speaker 7: Belichick and win with that team.
Speaker 5: He could win with that team in Atlanta.
Speaker 7: In Atlanta, who could win with that team?
Speaker 5: Who's the quarterback?
Speaker 7: It don't matter. He'll make them work.
Speaker 2: He'll run with my That's what you're giving up, basically is and then.
Speaker 7: They got a whole bunch of top picks.
Speaker 8: Even with the coach that they had, with author Arthur Smith, they had a whole lot.
Speaker 7: Of them come on with.
Speaker 2: Basically, there were too many.
Speaker 4: There were too many Arthurs in Atlanta. And so the guy with the higher said, Okay, I don't need another art.
Speaker 8: I picked a lot of top draft picks. Offensive mind the draft picks, and that didn't work out. So the picks on the problem, it's the system.
Speaker 5: Well, they traded some too right, or traded for the wide receiver. They got rid of Julio Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they traded a whole draft.
Speaker 7: Is Patterson still there?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, yeah, he's getting heavy.
Speaker 7: He looks big.
Speaker 8: He went from this really nice looking slot receiver all of a sudden he's like.
Speaker 2: And he became a running back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's about to be a free agent.
Speaker 7: By the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. Uh and my understanding.
Speaker 4: And just to pull back the curtain, I was late getting in here. I got here a minute before getting fined because I've been looking for a parking place.
Speaker 2: And the producer Supreme informs.
Speaker 4: Me there's been another NFL vacancy in the time that I was looking for a parking place.
Speaker 10: Already discussed that. Savannah gave us the update on and I believe on the air. No wait, I don't let us.
Speaker 4: No, okay, then Savannah, we need the breaking news sounder producer Supreme for Savannah, do you report?
Speaker 6: What are we talking about?
Speaker 5: Maybe it was ever since.
Speaker 4: I was parking breaking news Sounder Everson delivered the news from Nashville.
Speaker 7: Rabel is out.
Speaker 2: Mike Rabel fired after six seasons.
Speaker 5: So is that six now?
Speaker 2: Something like that?
Speaker 5: The guy was Coach of the Year in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: That's right, coaches, and this just in. Mike Brabel just got hired somewhere.
Speaker 7: I can't see him. He does. He's like a charge.
Speaker 4: Coach of the Year twenty He seems like a he seems like a Patriots head coat.
Speaker 7: He really does. He seems like a guy to the Patriots.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's got that tough minded and you know, I always brought up his style of coaching along with the Ravens on how I thought the Cowboys should have, you know, that mindset, that they should have the toughness that they have. He was he embodied that for twenty twenty two, but I guess not for twenty three.
Speaker 4: How about the scene last night they're showing an NFL network right now as John Harbaugh his flight was delayed leaving Baltimore, and so he arrived at the stadium in Houston during the game and all.
Speaker 2: Embraces his brother. They already had a forte.
Speaker 4: If they were down fourteen to three, I'm not sure that he would approached him on the sideline.
Speaker 5: He didn't have time for a long time.
Speaker 11: When he tapped him on the shoulder, Jim kind of looks over at the guy, likes, who's trying to talk to me.
Speaker 2: He had his head down, his hands on his knees, and he was in that mode. Yeah, he was in coach mode. And then he looked to Oh, I.
Speaker 5: Guess he could say, hey, bro, uh.
Speaker 4: And the only reason that giant Harball was able to do. That was because they got a first round by they're the best record.
Speaker 5: In the a f C.
Speaker 7: So other wise is a little a little tightly wounded. Yeah, he's, he think, yeah, he's.
Speaker 8: I remember watching sixty Minutes or something and he was talking about how anal he is, which one Jim.
Speaker 2: Is, Yeah, that's shocking. Uh, you can see it.
Speaker 4: And Mickey, you, being the long time Chicago Bears fan, I always thought Harball the spot for Harball's in Chicago. Although it looks like Matt Eberflus, I think he.
Speaker 5: Saved his job.
Speaker 2: He's finished strong.
Speaker 5: Strong at the end.
Speaker 10: But you know who else saved this job? If you remember, there was people putting Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 2: Some play m hm oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Job, and now he's in the playoffs. Maybe that's why they were putting him someplace.
Speaker 8: But you know, you get into the playoffs over a team that had nothing to gain.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know so, and they barely won.
Speaker 5: Well did you see the weather?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I can vouch for it because that's what we landed in.
Speaker 4: Speaking of weather, how about the Dolphins. Okay, so if they win on Sunday night, they get to play at home.
Speaker 2: Okay, they've got the number two seed, right, Yeah, they have the two seed, and they not only would play at home the first round, but I'll be in the Cowboys position where they win.
Speaker 4: They're basically they're at home until they played Baltimore. Okay, but they lose and they have to go to Kansas City. And have you seen the weather forecast for Kansas City Saturday?
Speaker 2: Saturday night zero in Kansas City.
Speaker 6: So they go for mine, but snow in the forecast.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's it's I don't know if there's snow, but there's cold cold, I'm supposed to be cold, and there's wind in Kansas City. There always is. Are you looking ahead to Savannah to high on Saturday? The high in Kansas City will be eleven degrees, the low two degrees.
Speaker 2: But get this, it's a Saturday night game.
Speaker 4: The low on Sunday in Kansas City is minus nine degrees, which I assume is going to have. Well, it may happen later in the day because the low Mondays minus eleven and the low Tuesdays minus eighteen.
Speaker 2: This is ice bowl stuff. That's cold.
Speaker 7: Oh, but no precipitation.
Speaker 4: Speaking of cloudy Saturday Sunday. Yeah, Now, no pre sip is happening on Friday, there sixty percent chance of snow.
Speaker 10: So the Packers probably considered themselves very lucky, even though they have to travel.
Speaker 8: So the Dolphins went into that. They could have been like the Cowboys, but they turned into the Eagles.
Speaker 5: They're going to have them roof.
Speaker 4: The other thing that's happening with them is there. The injuries are just left and right. They you know, they lost both their edge Jalen Phillips Thanksgiving, and then New Year's they lose Bradley Chubb and then they lost Van Ginkl and they lost another linebacker Jerome Baker.
Speaker 7: So and Tyreek Hill keeps dropping.
Speaker 4: And they've been without Waddle and Mostert here the last couple of weeks too. So tell me what injuries do matter? Tell me what we know about things right now here.
Speaker 10: Mike McCarthy's not into reflecting anymore. He's a cowboy head coach and didn't want to talk about last year, twenty sixteen or anything.
Speaker 5: So I thought that was a healthy approach for him.
Speaker 10: Although some would ask him about, well, what about the family they talking about it?
Speaker 5: He goes, can't control the family.
Speaker 10: So and I think the injury update continues to be optimistic about Tyler Smith possibly being able to practice this week on a limited basis, and not only the head coach saying that, the medical people saying that, but Stephen Jones said it so and Jerry said it today that he was optimistic. I think they're also optimistic on Stefan Gilmour. The MRI didn't show any significant damage, so probably doesn't practice. I'm guessing Wednesday and Thursday, but I think he'll be questionable. So if they can get those two guys back and get Zach Martin ready to go, they're going to be in pretty good health shape going into this game.
Speaker 4: Stephan Gilmore's MRI went better than Jaw Morant's MRI yesterday.
Speaker 2: Everson subluxation of the shoulder and yeah, and I saw that last night. I said, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Hope we don't get some news on on the same thing, same same type of injury step On So.
Speaker 10: Well, sometimes when you have that, you know, you really damage the ligaments in there.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 4: I was a laboral tear for Morant and that's what that's why you're hoping that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so fortunately for Gilmore they didn't see that, and so he's, as he said.
Speaker 5: It, got a chance after.
Speaker 2: The game, he's going to be good to go.
Speaker 10: I wonder what they would do, Uh if he couldn't play, if they make monogony.
Speaker 4: Active, well he would be active, right, guy, are they going to start?
Speaker 5: And to Sean right over there, what's your other choice?
Speaker 7: Nobody? Right?
Speaker 10: Mm hmm, because you got to leave Lewis in the slot. That's that's a tough spot. Yeah, that that would be significant. So from an injury standpoint, they're good.
Speaker 4: And uh so we were just asking the question a week or so ago, which position group are you.
Speaker 2: Most I know?
Speaker 5: And we were talking.
Speaker 2: And we were talking offensive line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it's it's just amazing how tenuous things are at any any position group this time of the year.
Speaker 10: Well, they got through with the offensive line starting to backups.
Speaker 5: You know, they may have found something in t J.
Speaker 10: Bass and brock Hoffman, or as Dak called him in the press conference, B TB Big Time Brock that's his nickname, right, And Dak says, well, and they say why do you call him that? He goes he's the enforcer on that offensive line. He'll come to my and he did a couple of times in the game.
Speaker 2: So Savannah talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 4: You were impressed with his physicality, even feistiness.
Speaker 6: He was the standout for me in that game. He was pretty good. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I like to see him getting getting in those reps too. You know, it's good practice for him and TJ. Bass to get out there because you just never know what will happen. And like you said yesterday, I mean he found out last minute that he was going into the game and you couldn't really notice it. They blocked for Dak and that's what you have to do going forward.
Speaker 4: Ran the ball and didn't give up a SACKX On the touchdown drive where Pollard scored the touchdown, the blocking up front was yeah. And you saw it on and maybe the play that you're talking about for the sixteen yard run however long it was where Pollard got down to the one yard line and then Hoffman was the guy behind him trying to push him into the end zone right and.
Speaker 2: Bass made a nice block on that longer run too.
Speaker 5: There was another key run that lip Key they followed lick I can't remember it was on the touchdown run.
Speaker 2: It was lip Key that was the lead blocker.
Speaker 4: In the second that fourth quarter where the Pollard touchdown was in the second quarter, right the.
Speaker 6: Lip Key one right.
Speaker 5: Block he made. He made a key block on.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed to mention lip Key.
Speaker 7: Remember, No, you can't post everybody mentioned. You're not supposed to.
Speaker 4: Miss Can I mention lip Key blocking? Yes, so he's fine for me to mention lip Key.
Speaker 8: All they want. You can't mention him. Let's just be clear about that. I didn't clarify.
Speaker 4: I did hear you though I've not mentioned even though he was my he was my podcast pick to score the first rushing touchdown.
Speaker 7: And he gave.
Speaker 10: So it was on the first and goal at the one, and I wrote down he took out two guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at the same time. I think he stumbled in there and stumbled.
Speaker 7: He tripped over.
Speaker 5: Now, it was a very physical block.
Speaker 7: Just so you know, I'm just joking about.
Speaker 2: The backstory.
Speaker 4: The backstory is because I was the one that was raving about Hunter Lipkey after that last preseason game and came in here and said, you know what, I think he's got a chance to make this team.
Speaker 8: And then you said, after a while, you know, when we needed someone on the red zone, and we wouldn't have it.
Speaker 7: You know what, maybe we could give him the ball any red zone. Sure enough, somebody heard you.
Speaker 2: He fumbled, Well, he didn't fumble. It was the exchange. No, it was they charged the fumble to Dack.
Speaker 7: So I think so whoa did they? I did?
Speaker 10: I still don't think he thought he was supposed to get I don't think so either, because if you fumble it, you stop and go for the ball.
Speaker 7: He was like, ah, to the end zone.
Speaker 4: I scored the to the last one who had his hands on the ball.
Speaker 7: Okay, to take it.
Speaker 2: He's gonna take it. Not who has the last one to have his stomach on the ball.
Speaker 5: He just carried out the faker.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, and we're gonna keep on going. Another segment of mixed shots still to come.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And they snapped the press guy who looks white, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escapes flapped.
Speaker 5: He'll look for a per style.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 11: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grill to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is sing Pepsi, baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold kola a.
Speaker 6: Journey to foujobia.
Speaker 4: Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Did you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to aa ARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's aa ARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 9: Demiced Shots, kpost Roofine and Waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And Mixed Shots continues now. Jerry talks on Tuesday on the Fan anything of note that we should know about.
Speaker 5: He was asked near the end about Mike McCarthy, and you know, does he get an extension?
Speaker 10: And Jerry goes, well, just look at what he's done, and how happy I am with everything that's happened, and he's got another year left on his original contract.
Speaker 5: And I don't think it's even a topic to talk about just like that.
Speaker 10: But he did say he was very proud of if any of his assistants or Will gets feel Will McClay gets feelers, uh for potential jobs. You know, Will's got a really good job. He just doesn't have the title, but he's got to say so. Uh and probably the most say so of anybody in the organization whose last.
Speaker 5: Name is not Jones.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: So, he's got a pretty good job here.
Speaker 15: It was a compliment if you if you were going to compare him to any situation, like if it was Godfather, he would.
Speaker 7: Be He's the next Yeah, yeah, absolutely would be that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he got he's got all the power, but he's very quiet.
Speaker 10: And he and he knows how to kind of go between front office and the coaching staff.
Speaker 4: You know, that's the thing on all of these like the head coach openings or GM openings, it's who you're working with that is.
Speaker 2: Probably the number one thing.
Speaker 4: And people who don't know the inner workings of how it's done here in Dallas and just say that, oh.
Speaker 2: It's Jerry Jones that's doing.
Speaker 4: Everything and he doesn't listen to anybody, just does whatever he wants to do. That is the biggest fallacy in the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and and and there's.
Speaker 4: And so for a guy like Will McLay, he knows he's he knows the joneses so well, and will what he recommends, he knows it's getting listened to and respected, and he doesn't if he went someplace else.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have that relationship.
Speaker 10: No, he's the general managers, but he's answering to an owner that he doesn't really know. And there's always other things that come into my uh, into play when you have a sometimes have a coaching change.
Speaker 5: I was, this is off the subject, but.
Speaker 10: Lsu hired Missouri's defensive coordinator, and I was like, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Donate enough money.
Speaker 10: That was my first joking, right, And then I found out that like a couple of weeks earlier, they had given Baker a raise to one point nine million and he was going to be the highest paid assistant in college.
Speaker 5: Who's Baker the Cowboys defensive course.
Speaker 10: Who, by the way, the guy that shipped down Ohio State, Missouri, Missouri Missouri.
Speaker 2: We all had a puzzled look.
Speaker 10: Yeah and so and so my reaction was, well they they bought him out, right.
Speaker 5: Well they gave him two point two million. Well that's not that much L.
Speaker 10: L LSU, right, And then I kept reading and he had been there previously and was fired.
Speaker 5: They got rid of the whole defensive staff.
Speaker 10: He was the linebackers coach, right, But I kept reading and it pointed out that he is married to a former.
Speaker 5: Scholarship soccer player from L s U.
Speaker 10: So I'm thinking mama wanted to go home, and so I think that had something to do maybe with the decision from a financial standpoint, making it almost a lateral decision. So you never know, like with Will's got family stuff right, and he may not want to leave Dallas, So there's always those things to consider too when it comes to that.
Speaker 5: And by the way.
Speaker 2: Cleared up, I was were going.
Speaker 8: I was trying to tie that Missouri crap man.
Speaker 10: You know you've done well when they start stealing your coaches, right.
Speaker 2: A Missouri round. I think the rankings came out this morning and they finished.
Speaker 4: Eighth in the country. They moved up with spot number eight. When was the last time was already finished eighth in the country.
Speaker 10: It's been probably either twenty fourteen, thirteen, and then in two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and seven Chase Daniel.
Speaker 4: Years, that's right where you way back and should be way back. Got to get those defensive linemen. Gotta look, gotta get those defensive line It gets back to again, and this translates to the NFL to is you get those big guys in the trenches who move people around.
Speaker 10: And since we had a couple of minutes left here, we know who the Cowboys are playing next year. Obviously, the six games in the NFC East, they play the four teams in the NFC South and the AFC North. And since they won the division, they've got to play the other two first place teams in the NFC, which is San Francisco in Detroit, and the seventeen game is Houston.
Speaker 2: So do you have the home in the way on that in front of you.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have said that on the air. I should let you find that before.
Speaker 5: I had it circled here in the paper.
Speaker 4: How I had I was trying to commit it to memory. And I want to say the AFC North teams coming here were Cincinnati and Baltimore, or maybe.
Speaker 10: They've got Baltimore, Detroit, Houston, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tampa Bay and Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: So the AFC North teams coming here at home the home games against the AFC North or Baltimore and Cincinnati. So you got Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow.
Speaker 5: Coming right, and on the road it's Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: And then you also have Houston coming here, so you got CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud right the quarterback and then who is it again on the.
Speaker 5: NFC NFC Carolina Atlanta or.
Speaker 7: On the road?
Speaker 2: Okay, on's coming here from the NFC so.
Speaker 5: New Orleans and Tampa Bay.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, So you got to play three three of the four division NFC division winners, and you know, I was thinking maybe that first place schedule caught up with Philadelphia, not that they lost, to having to play the first place teams from the year before.
Speaker 4: And maybe that's a reason we haven't had a repeat winner in the NFC East since. It's because of the NFL's schedule makers and years you're playing first place teams from other divisions and not second place.
Speaker 5: Teams and other divisions. And you'd like to say it's only two games, but then.
Speaker 4: It's really three now with the seventeen and the reason Houston is coming here, it would have been Jacksonville if Jacksonville won the game the other day, because the crossover, the one crossover game. Houstonanish first in the AFC South, right, and it would have been if it was they were going to play the first place team from the AFC South, there would have been Jacksonville if they had won the other day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and by the way, this is all planned out so you can you can go to twenty twenty five and you'll know what the rotation is other than what place you finish in. So but anyway, yeah, that's a pretty stout schedule.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to when we come back here, I want you to think about the game on Sunday and would what from the game from the Washington game on Sunday bodes well for this week's game against Green Bay.
Speaker 2: I would kind of go off the radar a little bit.
Speaker 4: Got that already, Okay, all right, when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 7: What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 2: A kickoff, tailgates.
Speaker 16: Going waypass, postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 2: Monday Morning Swagger, Briskey and.
Speaker 16: The Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 14: Did you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP Fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 6: You know that sound anywhere?
Speaker 12: It's the crisp crunch that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory.
Speaker 2: Topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi.
Speaker 12: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like, demiced shots.
Speaker 9: Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be giving the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by the Captain Morgan Bless you by casting your boat at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 8: Flawless man, give me a bless you, and then still didn't mess job.
Speaker 2: Do you have a cough button?
Speaker 7: I didn't know what.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my time you go down there and look for it.
Speaker 5: It's too late.
Speaker 2: When you gotta go, you gotta go, all right?
Speaker 4: I asked the question prior to the break, What was it If you can think of things that bode well going forward that happened in the game on Sunday, maybe go off the radar a little bit. I'm not talking necessarily starters we kind of know about, but things that happened in that game that I think might be able to benefit the Cowboys and the postseason.
Speaker 2: What comes to.
Speaker 10: Mind, Well, the first thing comes to mind is that, and I understand the personnel deficiencies that Washington had on defense, but the Cowboys were able to run for one hundred and thirty one yards and they were effective. It was efficient and looking at stats for what they're worth, Green Bay finished twenty eighth against the run, So I think if you can force them to concentrate on your running game, that's going to open up things hugely for Dak and CD and Cooks and whoever else they want to throw the ball to.
Speaker 8: It was really fortunate on how we drove down and answered right, and it was mostly with the run. Yeah, you know, we didn't do a lot of passing. Was mostly kind of stuck with it, stuck with it and went down there took the league right.
Speaker 7: That made me feel good.
Speaker 10: So I think that and then the fact that and again I understand what was the line from the when they were going to play the Rams when they were winless that year.
Speaker 5: It's the Rams, dude. I understand it was the commander's dude.
Speaker 10: But they held him to fifty yards rushing, and I thought that that was the one thing that they would hang their hat on with their running backs, and it didn't work out. And the one thing that the Packers have been doing well lately, other than the improvement of Love, is running the football. And they had two guys finishing with at least six hundred yards rushing, Dylan and Aaron Jones. And so I would imagine they would like to come in here and control the ball by running the football. And I know that sounds very basic. Oh, you got to run the ball and control But for the Cowboys, when they've had problems in the playoffs, they have not stopped the opposing teams running or have.
Speaker 5: Any running or themselves.
Speaker 10: So I'm going to assume they can throw the ball. I'm going to assume they can move the ball throwing it. But at times you have to be able to run the football and stop the run. And I would imagine coming on the road into what they hope is a home field disadvantage Green Bay, they want to run the football. They don't want to get into having to go shotgun all the time with the amount of noise that I'm sure they're anticipating.
Speaker 9: For me, what my biggest takeaway was from the Commander's game, which I loved seeing, was the ability to pressure Sam Howell.
Speaker 6: So when you look.
Speaker 9: At d Law and what he did out there and being able to kind of, you know, stop a couple of those passes from going through, and not only that, but Dante Fowler too big stand out for me Sunday, so I think.
Speaker 7: I was like the super SOB. You know, he comes in and he makes things happen.
Speaker 6: I was like, where did this come from? I love it.
Speaker 2: That's why you got a veteran guy like that on your team.
Speaker 4: It's not so much the the seventeen game regular season, it's that guy.
Speaker 7: These are the moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: It was so funny when they're fighting for the stats. Right. How it fell down. I don't think he was necessarily touched, and Fouler just.
Speaker 8: Was breaking his neck to get over there and touch him so he could be the one get the sack. And when he touched him, he was running so fast. He went about ten more yards, be like, who that did?
Speaker 7: I get? That? Is that mine? Is that mine?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 7: No, it's it's it's.
Speaker 10: It's well and and think about it to support what Savannah said. So they had four sex in the game. The previous four games they had won any each, so the pressure improve. And not only four sacks, but they also had seven quarterback hits and five tackles for losses. So that tells me that they were very disruptive. And the other thing is, and I always look at this when it says six passes defensed, well, to me, that means he's being forced to throw into tight situations. And it's not always the dB. If he's under pressure, he doesn't have time to sit there and you know, do the eenie meenie mining mos right that he's got to.
Speaker 7: Get care of find the gap. The gap has disappearing, they try to find the gap.
Speaker 10: And so I thought from a defensive standpoint, and again, as I continue to say, it would have been a shutout if it wasn't for those two goofy plays. Right, So yeah, that very good point.
Speaker 9: And here's the thing too, is Jordan Love He's thrown one thousand, seventy five yards nine touchdowns, zero interceptions in his last four games. I think pressuring him is going to be my key thing going into Sunday. You have to get pressure on Jordan life.
Speaker 7: Make that young boy feel it.
Speaker 10: Well, if you think about it, his improved play was the difference between starting two and five and finishing seven and thrilled them.
Speaker 8: They said, he's done stuff that even Aaron Rodgers, no Brett fav did as rookies. So he's come through and played well and they have the production of an Aaron Rodgers but without the headache.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And to also kind of confirm what Savannah said, if you take it through their ten game last ten games when they went seven and three, he completed seventy percent of his passes for two average two sixty six a game and twenty one touchdowns in only three interceptions. So his improved play helped them to get into the playoffs with the last playoffs.
Speaker 8: So one of the hottest teams in the league right now is coming to town now.
Speaker 2: Having said that, their last five games.
Speaker 5: I wanted to point that out.
Speaker 4: Next go ahead, Okay have been at the Giants, which was a two point loss, Tampa Bay, which is a division winner.
Speaker 2: Okay, but they lost by fourteen.
Speaker 4: Then they beat Carolina by three, and they beat Minnesota handily, and then they beat Chicago.
Speaker 10: So let's point out that Carolina finished two and fifteen Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Where they were on their eighth quarterback.
Speaker 10: Right, Minnesota seven and ten and they were backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. Minnesota was on their eighth.
Speaker 10: I mean it was their fourth, and then the Bears and then the Bears seven, seven and ten, right, But.
Speaker 4: Prior to that, Yeah, this is where they turned around their season. They beat the Chargers when the Chargers were still viable, yeah, viable, a three point win Thanksgiving Day. I remember turning on my TV and watching the Packers get up on the Lions and I was like, whoa this Jordan Love looks like the lights come on for him.
Speaker 2: And they beat the Lions on the road Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Day, and then they follow up that with a win against Kansas City to get to five hundred at six and six.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 4: Now after that they lost too to the Giants in Tampa Bay. But now they've won three in a row. So my guy from the other day that I think could could bode well in a limited role, but we'll see his Peyton Hindershot, and by the plays that he made in that game, not only the block punt, but also the catching.
Speaker 2: The ball on the hurdle, shows that he is healthy.
Speaker 4: And when we came into this season, I was confident Jake Ferguson would do what Jake Ferguson has done and why I was not concerned at all about Dalton Schultz going to Houston, but couple him with Peyton Hendershot and what he can do as well, and athleticism that Hendershot has as another receiving threat at tight end, and also now what you can see, he's got some athleticism that.
Speaker 2: Because of his ankle injury.
Speaker 4: In the middle of the season, obviously he was put on injured reserve and now he's back clearly fully healthy again, and I think that they can use that in some sort of role, even if it's just on special teams or whatever, where he can make an impact in these postseason games.
Speaker 8: After the fact that we want to go to CD so much, which is a good thing, we have really kind of fallen into a pattern. I think Hendershot could take us out of that pattern, you know, give us another option and not just Ferguson because they know we're going to come back with Ferguson cut. But with this guy coming in here some key moments, he's got to make the plays. Bill, he's got to make the plays right and have you know, hey, I had it.
Speaker 7: No, we got to make the place. He's got to be that professional for us.
Speaker 9: Well, even look at Tolbert with I mean, he caught the first touch down the game play. I like seeing him get more involved too.
Speaker 7: He made the.
Speaker 8: Play that he could have easily been Oh this is not my moment. Oh he threw a back shoulder. He was alarned enough to do that. That's that's just making the play. It looked easy, but that was not an easy play.
Speaker 4: And here's the example from a game that's happened on Saturday night. Tyler Goodson, a backup running back who only had six catches all year. Bless his heart, he gets thrown into that fourth down situation and you just got to even though the throw is offline, you got to make the catch to get the first down. And so to your point, when it comes to Hindershot, he's got to make the catch.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 8: He's been having some issues, but you know, we put all that behind us. Because right now everything's about optimism. To me, if I'm going to look at anything positive that came out of that game, it was a lot, but we have really I think in the last cut couple of games I'd save in three weeks, the penalty situation has been under control. We had two penalties for twenty yards, if I'm not mistaken, we didn't have our first penalty until the third quarter.
Speaker 7: Yep. That's pretty impressive. Yes, that's pretty impressive. And I think last week.
Speaker 8: We did very well also in regards to just keeping the penalties at a minimum to where it's not going to hurt us. You're going to have penalties, but we were making such big penalties in bad situations.
Speaker 7: The timing was horrible.
Speaker 8: This time, it looks like we've got that under control and it has not stalled out any of our drives. We don't need anything to come back to be a hindrance for us in the playoffs.
Speaker 7: Everything needs to be to where if we're.
Speaker 8: Going to be hurt by someone, it's going to be by the opponent, not by ourselves.
Speaker 10: And no better example of that than last night, even when Washington looked like they were moving penalties to kill the drive. But I got another theory on that when you're when you're playing winning football like you're against a lot of times those penalties come up when the opponent's kind of dominating you and you're hanging on for life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, like last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and think about what.
Speaker 13: So the.
Speaker 10: In the in the last game there against Washington, they had I think it was two false starts in a row. Well, who was in front of the guy's false start? It was Michael Parkson, right, they got they got jumpy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So a lot of times those penalties are because the other team's playing really well to me anyway, and you're grabbing or whatever because you're.
Speaker 7: Getting the advantage. Yeah, have the advantage.
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely, But that's good because, yeah, those penalties, especially in the playoffs, you're playing against teams that belong in the playoffs.
Speaker 8: And this is how it's amazing how you don't even noticed them when you don't have it right.
Speaker 5: They just showed something on TV.
Speaker 10: They were doing a report from Tampa Bay having to play the Eagles, and I think if I saw it correctly, it was the third game of the season, and uh, the Eagles ran.
Speaker 5: For two hundred yards.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm going okay, that was the third game of the season. Let's not actually sit there and go, Okay, this is the advantage.
Speaker 7: They're going to be totally different teams. Both teams are totally different thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I saw, yeah, that instagram thing from aj Brown about one more interception and I'm playing for number four next year.
Speaker 8: Okay, right, okay, don't use us for father.
Speaker 7: Right, you have to keep that over there.
Speaker 10: Although I also saw this one. I don't know how I stumbled down to it. I must have been reading something else.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: Simone Biles is married to the Packers' safety Jonathan Owens, and she did on her Instagram.
Speaker 5: We're coming for you, Dallas, my god Tyler.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Taylor, Taylor.
Speaker 5: Got some own Biles now and she's even from Texas. What's wrong with her?
Speaker 2: She's any other partying mix?
Speaker 10: Shut No, that's that's my social media input for the month.
Speaker 9: Tomorrow, I want to I want to go around the room and talk about some of your top playoff games, like one of your favorites that you can really remember off the top of your head.
Speaker 6: I want to talk about that tomorrow.
Speaker 5: That's a tease, ain't it about that?
Speaker 7: It doesn't have to be good.
Speaker 9: It could be a it could be a disappointment, just one that sticks out in your mind.
Speaker 5: Playoff game playoff game playoff playoffs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got one. Do you got one?
Speaker 5: I've got a bunch?
Speaker 2: Are they positive?
Speaker 6: It could be either or.
Speaker 2: You don't have to talk about that one, Everson.
Speaker 8: That one you're talking about.
Speaker 7: You don't have to talk about that one.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 7: That's okay.
Speaker 8: We're gonna do this like the Michael Parcels and dak and Cedia off limits.
Speaker 7: That game is off off limits. Yeah, let's put that on the not talk about.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking a lot of people, well, a lot of people like, oh I got one, Yeah, I got Everson's game.
Speaker 2: That's what would it?
Speaker 4: Just in my mind, in my cloud, No, in my mind, I was thinking, there's a lot of people listening right now.
Speaker 2: Go on, oh I know what game. E's gonna thick if it doesn't have to be a positive.
Speaker 8: Boys, that's not what I was thinking.
Speaker 7: People, I know you.
Speaker 2: Weren't thinking about other people were thinking.
Speaker 10: They were thinking I was thinking, and fifty two to seventeen's off limits on.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay, okay, all right, that's very good. That's tomorrow on the.
Speaker 7: Show, Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas coowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.