Speaker 1: Okay, Hello, Hello, Joey Sweeten, Andrew Barber, Hello, my friend.
Speaker 2: A while since we've done that bit.
Speaker 1: It has it has been a while, but we're back. My voice was quite in shape for it.
Speaker 2: We should have done a vocal warm up.
Speaker 1: Oh seriously, yeah, or had something other than coffee, which can't get enough of these days. It can't get up. Speaking of things, I can't get enough of? What can we have a brief moment to discuss the full house shout out on Doctor Odyssey? Right what? Yes? Yes, Now I did not see the episode. I didn't see the full episode, but my understanding is that Joshua Jackson, uh is a doctor on a cruise ship.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like a naval it's a yeah, I haven't hipn't. I didn't even know the show existed until until this clip.
Speaker 1: I randomly was supposed to audition for it, but it was going to be out of town and then uh yeah, and then they played so I'm like, yeah, basically, Doctor Odyssey is sucking me.
Speaker 2: Into So he's not in uniform, Okay, this is changing my Well she might be because he's a doctor on a cruise ship, so you have to be some sort of maritime officer.
Speaker 1: I believe because you're, don't you international? I don't. I got to watch the show that Max is the new onboard doctor for a luxury cruise ship, where the small but mighty medical team navigate unique medical crises and each other miles from sure.
Speaker 2: Oh so like love Boat meets r R. Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: So exciting and new. I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Were you a Dawson's Creek fan? I don't know if that was your generation.
Speaker 1: Or weirdly, I went out for Dawson's Creek and I think maybe went to Network for Dawson's Creek. Wait, which character the Katie Holmes or member? You think it was the I don't remember. I think it was Katie Holmes character. I never watched the show. Okay, so that tells you a lot there, But yeah, no it was. I did not watch Dawson's Creek. But but yeah, but I do know obviously who Joshua Jackson is, and I know that there's like an internet fandom of rabid women who love him.
Speaker 2: Well, I was never like a pac. He played Pacey on Dawson's Creek, which came out when I was in college, so I was probably too old for that show, but I watched it all the time anyways.
Speaker 1: But Pace, it's a weird name. Pace Pacy. Yeah, he was Pacy.
Speaker 2: But I was never into Like, I wasn't really into either either of the boys.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it just wasn't my thing. But Joshua Jackson, now, like the adult version, Holy cow.
Speaker 1: Like that that clip.
Speaker 2: There's a clip of him on the red carpet at the Emmys where it's like a slow mo.
Speaker 1: Have you seen right where they do those those.
Speaker 2: And he's like grabbing you know, the the.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Like it's like, yeah, I got pregnant that clip, wow, which is impressive for several reasons. Yeah, those I mean, first of all, those three sixty degree things you can't help but kind of look cool no matter what you do, Like there you feel ridiculous, but you look cool. But josh Jackson kind of looks cool. Anyway, we have to listen to it. I think that's well, yeah, let's let's take a listen. How rude is the catchphrase of Stephanie Tanner on My Favorite come On, come On, come on. That was so great.
Speaker 2: That was so he's playing poker with some other dudes, right, and not only is it Joshua Jackson, it's Joshua Jackson shirtless and sweaty playing poker like this is what dreams?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean Stephanie Tanner, he said your name, he said right, he said my phone name? Uh and and said how rude? And I was how was his delivery?
Speaker 2: Judge his delivery as the originator of how rude?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing this was, this was this was a cool how rude because he was letting them know that he had a full house right right, So it was he was had thrown him off at but you couldn't be too like rude. Also, I don't know that his voice could hit that high. Yeah, but I it was smooth. It was so smooth, smooth and I don't even like smooth peanut butter, but that was smooth. But yeah, so there we go, doctors. Was Joshua Jackson, Stephanie Tanner, how rude? Hull House is?
Speaker 2: Like what an honor?
Speaker 1: It really, It's just I guess it's it's still weird to me that the show is so popular, Like I know it, you know what I mean, Like I'm like, yeah, no, I get it, Like we did it fuller and we you know, like we've the world. But it's right, it's still still safe. It's crazy to me, yeah that we're still referring to it and that and that, like enough, it's so it's well known and like sort of permeated the culture enough that like you can make a reference to it or on Jeopardy where like people will know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, that is cool. That's yeah. Yeah, yeah that kind of blows my mind too. But no, we're part of We're part of pop culture history, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's My waiter in Italy referred to me by name without me saying anything while he was shaving truffles onto my pasta, and I was like, and then he asked her a picture of the and very sweet, lovely, amazing dinner, and I I feel like such a terrible person that I can't remember the name of the restauran right now because I would give them a shodo.
Speaker 2: Out jet lag jet lags like jet light jet leg.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was. I was like, it's still to this say, I'm like, oh my god, Like he was like I watched full and Fuller, Like, oh, speaking of by the way, full and Fuller, did you know that Bob Boyette finally had his unveiling of his caricature at Sardi's. Really no, I didn't know this, he did, he had he was supposed to have it last year and then I think he had had surgery or fall under something where I forget what it was. But he finally had it, and oh where is it? Where I have a picture. So Beth Shafey, I told her i'd give her a shout out. She loves the podcast, but she is she is a manager at Sardi's and so she I was like, please, like, sneak a picture of the of it for me, So she she got a picture of Bob's Bob Boyette's. It's on her stories so I can't see it now, but I have a picture of it. And told her that we'd give her a shout out. So thank you Beth for being a fan of Rito and also for sending that picture, because yeah, it was I would have loved to have made it. It was literally the day that I arrived in Italy, so I couldn't go.
Speaker 2: But how special for Bob though, That's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For those of you that might not know, Sarti's is a very famous restaurant, in New York City where all kinds of famous people have their caricatures drawn and up on the walls. Bob Saget has one there. I believe John also has one, I think probably. And anyway, Bob Boyette who was the creator of all manner of TV shows, including Full House, Ye, T, G, I F and all that, but also is a really accomplished Broadway producer as well, so he earned his place there in Sardis And you can go and see all the caricatures on the wall. That's so cool.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna definitely stop by next time I'm in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, next time Doctor Odyssey is in New York, you can give him a call too, Like, hey, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that show has shot up to number one on my watch list, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like at this point now, at this point, like it's been some longer anything, but I feel like now there should be a crossover where maybe we are doing an episode of the podcast on said luxury cruise ship and one of us has a medical emergency, or both of us could if you if you you know what I mean, not not in real life obviously, but like, yeah, as characters like nichol and maybe we both get something we need mouth to mouth, maybe we need right we stop breathing and mouth now right, Well, he's already said your name.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he knows of my existence, so I think you're going to get the first DIBs.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's dark, it's logical. I'm being logical with this, very illogical. Now, yeah, like that's a medical ethics question that we don't want to wait and do on this podcast. But but yeah, I do think that we have a shot basically episode because because podcasts and you know, TV shows, I mean, that's just what we do now because everything is everything right, every everywhere, you're right because you're watching and listening to it all on your phone anyway, So what is it? What a treat? What a treat? So that was very exciting, very yeah. I I heard the news. I was like, wait, the Doctor Odyssey mentioned and I clicked on it and I was like okay, okay, yeah, yeah. I didn't know what to expect because, like I said, I'd never heard of the show. I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know anything.
Speaker 1: So I clicked on.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, is that Joshua Jackson is that Joshua Jackson shirtless.
Speaker 1: Wait is he saying how rude?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was a trip. Yeah, so exciting. Do you know the first time I ever played poker? I got a full house? No? Yeah, no, yeah, and I don't and I don't play it often or well, but it was the first hand that I ever won. And I was playing with a couple of my guy friends in high school and they were like no, and I was like, what did I get? And they were like a full house? And I was like, ah, yeah, that's right out of a sitcom. You know, that's such a comedic beat right there. Yeah. I was like, oh, of course I did. You can't escape it, Nope, I can't. You can't escape it. Well, speaking of things, we can't escape, shall we? Uh? Your segues are always so funny to me, Like what is she gonna come up with today? It's less of a segue and more of a really hard left, like a hard and sudden, like you're like, it hits two wheels, so you go to it flash right, Okay, Well, let's.
Speaker 2: Let's get into a buckle up. Fan ritos. Welcome back to How Rude. Tanerito's I'm Andrea Barber. And I'm Jodie Sweeten, and today we are discussing season three, episode eighteen, entitled Mister Egghead. It aired originally on February sixteenth, nineteen ninety, and it goes a little something like this, Joey gets a job as a guest host on an educational television show for children, where a prop injures Stephanie. Uh oh, I can't wait till we get to that scene.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. It was directed by none of that than Bille Fausta couffee Quawk Coffee.
Speaker 2: It was written by Rob Dames. And we have two guest stars. We've got wit Hertford returning as Walter. Yeh, I screamed when I saw him.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, he's by the way. I have to say. I went and saw Did I tell you I went and saw his show. You told me you were going to, but I haven't talked to you. I haven't. I went to I went to That was the night I went to those two art shows that we So I went and saw WIT's play Gross of the Fan, which is based on Chekhov's uncle Vanya. It was phenomenal. Oh wow, phenomenal. He was incredible. I mean and and the the way that the show was done. It was at this tiny little theater which is literally like the loft of an apartment building, and so you're the way you're seated, you're like in the living room of this you know what I mean, Like that you're sort of really in it and place in this one space and it is very intense and Wit basically has a like a full just breakdown in it. And was oh wow, it was incredible. It was great.
Speaker 2: Talent knows no bounds. He's so talented in so many.
Speaker 1: Areas cast what I was just again blown away. It was really great. It was a limited show, it was just those two weekends, so I was really glad I got to see it. And then I had gone to the other art show my friends uh in Decline for their for their stuff, some of the art that we saw on the way to Vegas, where I was like, oh, I'm telling you the story of some of those dudes, and yeah, I went to that art show that night. Ohow cool. So yeah, but Wit was just phenomenal. He's a really incredible theater actor. So yeah.
Speaker 2: And how many fan readers are dying right now that Stephanie Tanner went to see duck face in a play and you had coffee together, like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The reunion of I just love this. Yeah, it's great, cool, it's great. Now he is incredibly talented. So and he wrote it, so I mean it was just really really yeah, good job, good job. He was a great guy. Great guy. Yeah that was my little uh sidebar there. Okay, well I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: So we also have Wendy Cutler as missus Hardest Hardesty, Hardest Days Hardesty. She's a voice actor who worked on Frozen and Frozen two, Oh, the SpongeBob movie Sponge on the Run, and she did voices for the Call of Duty video game.
Speaker 1: Okay, never knew that, and.
Speaker 2: She will return in season five for two episodes, but not as the teacher. She's now doctor Sinclair.
Speaker 1: So again, got it.
Speaker 2: This is this is the debe right.
Speaker 1: It was gonna be right. It was gonna be Debbie's playing because it's Hardesty and the doctor. But she was unavailable. So she was unavailable, right, or maybe she had broken up with Jeff by right one, but yeah, she was unavailable. I love this. Okay.
Speaker 2: We start with the teaser in the kitchen, Danny is letting Michelle record her very first message on the family answering machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, just just after we get that painted, right, Yeah, I was like, look at that piece of machinery.
Speaker 2: That belongs in the Smithsonian.
Speaker 1: Now is I'm sure it is. I'm sure there is an answering machine in the Smithsonian. Yeah. That was what you had attached to your home line and you left a ridiculously stupid, long, outgoing message that you thought was hilarious, and your whole family participated on it and was like fifteen seconds long, and then it would be and then you left your message on the little tape and people would come home to a blinking light and be like, oh look there's a message, and they listened to it and then manually delete it. Yeah. I remember if you deleted it accidentally and you didn't mean to, or your parent deleted it, and somebody let the phone that was it, that was it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't come back. Yeah, No, there's no cloud.
Speaker 1: No, there's no like, oh wait, hold on, let me go to my deleted messages. But no, you've done. You're never gonna hear from that person again.
Speaker 2: I remember when they developed the technology where you could call your home line and then press buttons to access the message remotely. So if we were at the studio, you could call home and get the message, right, that would be there.
Speaker 1: Right. You were like, hi technology, Hi technology, look at us living in the future, right, Yeah, this was like Jetson's type technology. Yeah, it was so far in the future and have to call home. Be like, did anyone leave a message and speak to a real human? It was like, I can dial into my own private answering service. Yeah, I have a code. I have a three digit code from your and you could call it from your car phone. That had to be installed at the car dealership.
Speaker 2: Yes, with with the with the with the cord like it was attached.
Speaker 1: It was a car, right, it was literally it had to be. The receiver had to be in the trunk because it was like one of those giant, you know, sat phones. Yes, and that was there and then they just run the cord through the car. Yeah, you had to have them installed. It was a whole thing. But that was a necessity if you were working in this business. Oh you had to be able to make phone calls. Yeah. Well, when I got my driver's license, this was probably season seven or eight. Uh, and I got my I got my very first car when I turned eighteen, and it had one of those little phones, this whole car phone, and I was like, yeah, a car phone. And I was like I am so cool like that.
Speaker 2: It didn't matter what the car was, right, I was like, I have a car phone and I felt so cool having one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a big deal. That big big deal. I think That's why to this day, when I'm talking in the car, like on like when it's hooked up to the Bluetooth or whatever, I still yell and my kid's like, why are you yelling? I mean when I'm just sort of loud, but they're like, why are you yelling? And I'm like, well I needed this, and they're like, we can hear just fine. I'm like, oh that's right. This isn't like nineteen ninety with the you know, car phone speaker that you have to yell into in order to be heard, so you sound like you're in a tin can, right right, Oh my gosh. Anyway, those were the days. Those were the days, all right. Back to the teaser pre show chatter. It would three in Yeah, yes, we're one sentence into the teezer and we're already off track. This is how this is how we do Okay.
Speaker 2: So Danny is telling Michelle that all she has to say is hello, leave a message, and wait for the beep. So Michelle begins with hi people, and then she gets sidetracked and sings Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star. Danny grabs the mic from her encloses with please leave a message after the beep. But Michelle is offended. She's like, hey, that was my job, and Danny laughs and tells her, okay, you can do the beep. Michelle grabs the mic back and announces it's me again, beep, and that's our.
Speaker 1: Teezer, and that's our teeser, and that's your outgoing message. It literally they were that long, people. It was It was an act. It was like a hole. It was a Vaudeville act. You bantered back and forth. Somebody was laughing beep, yeah, and that was it. You'd wait for that every time you wanted to leave. Somebody in such Yes, my brothers and I would fight over who got to leave the dance, or if we were all three of us leaving the message at the same time, we'd fight over who got to take center stage. Right. Yeah, this was an activity we did it. It was yep, agreed.
Speaker 2: So next we're in the living room. Jesse is strumming a song on his acoustic guitar when Stephanie barges into the room with a camera strapped around her neck.
Speaker 1: Another piece of ancient history, the polarid right right before they were like now they're like cool retro. Yeah, when they were like that was just the most effective way to take a picture quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it weighed probably like ten pounds around your neck.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. So yeah, the little rubber thing on the on the strap of it because it would dig in otherwise. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's so Stephanie begs Jesse stop the music. You got to help me. So he stops what he's doing and asks, what's the matter. She explains, you have to help me practice for my class picture. And he's confused because that's an a hire week away. Steph's how he knows that it's a week away? By the way, how did he know that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: It seems like a detail he would not really care about.
Speaker 1: But okay, I'm just saying, even as a parent, like, oh tomorrow's picture day. Oh no, you know it's usually that it's usually.
Speaker 2: That yeah, So Stephanie says they can't forget about last year's incident. Right when the photographer said cheez, Stephanie sneezed. She reenacts her facial expression from that unfortunate moment. Well done.
Speaker 1: Joey, Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, and Jesse remembers, oh yeah, everyone called you sneeze burger.
Speaker 1: Why is burger added to something an insult? I wrote this down. I have to do it last night. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I looked this up. You're right, burgers are delicious. It shouldn't be an insult. But here's here's what I found out on some website that is probably not correct, But whatever it says, a burger is an insult because a burger refers to someone of poor quality because it's less than steak. So that's why when you say, hey, geek burger or sneeze burger, it means you're less than Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I feel like now that we're in the era of artisanal cheeseburgers, that doesn't apply anymore, you know what I mean, Like Hilburger. It could be thirty seven dollars, yes, yes, made off angle steak. It could be made of wag you beef right right? No, they a compliment is a calling somebody burger, and.
Speaker 2: Let's take back that. Let's take back the word. Let's take it back and make it a compliment.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, let's not No, I think we can leave it there. I think we can leave it there. But yeah, I'm glad you looked into that though, because I've wondered about it. We keeps coming up, so I'm like, i gotta know why? Why is this?
Speaker 2: The fan got it? So Jesse decides to help Steph out. So he grabs the camera and Steph poses. Just then Michelle stomps in and asks, are you having fun without me? Jesse tells her to stay put and he'll get right to her.
Speaker 1: Whoa bro, flax.
Speaker 2: I know that no one has patience in this house. It's always immediateation.
Speaker 1: It's true. Well, and also she's been roaming the house by herself for hours.
Speaker 2: She's still unattended.
Speaker 1: Very fine without me. I'm looking for someone to play with since six am.
Speaker 2: She's desperate for human interactions, right, poor child. So Jesse directs his attention back to Steph and points the camera at her. He tells her to show me some love and Steph does a dramatic pose. In response, They change angles and stuff poses with her hands in her hair. Jesse directs her to be happy, be happier. Stephanie smiles so wide. She tells Jesse, if she gets any happier, her cheeks will pop.
Speaker 1: This was impressive, tiny chick lit teeth, my little baby teeth hanging out in there. Yeah, and you can see so much of your guns. So I really delivered this. Yeah, I really is Yeah, it was intense. Hurt myself. Oh man.
Speaker 2: So Jesse snaps one last pick and hands it over to Steph. Once he's done photographing stuff, Michelle declares that it's her turn. Jesse tells her to show me some love, and Michelle gives him a.
Speaker 1: Cute little pose.
Speaker 2: Then Jesse asks to see her teeth, and Michelle grabs the corners of her mouth and pulls him outwards so her full set of teeth are showing.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: Olsen's did this all the time day.
Speaker 1: I think it was this. They thought it was hilarious, TODs do yeah, And I think there also knew it was something that everyone will be like, don't do not right now, But you know, because they do it in the middle of a take, so it was like a form of like I can do this, yeah, and then it would always get a laugh. So then like just write it into the scene.
Speaker 2: It aloud. So Danny storms into the house holding a traffic ticket. He's appalled, telling Jesse he did not deserve it and now his perfect driving record is ruined. Jesse is unfazed by the ticket, telling Danny to put it on his record. No one will even know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's already crashed. What a car, a motorcycle? Yeah, he's at this point. Yeah, it's throwing on his record. Who cares, It'll just get buried. Yep. Uh.
Speaker 2: He grabs the ticket and crumples it into a ball, and Danny nervously uncrumples the paper, telling Jesse he shouldn't do that to government paper. Now he's gonna have to iron it, oh, Danny. DJ defends Danny and says that right turn only sign was hidden behind a big bush. She calls the ticket totally bogus, and Danny agrees it was a humongous injustice. Danny declares that he's going to fight this thing and DJ will be his star witness in court. DJ enthusiastically asks if they could do it on Wednesday because she has a math test she'd like to miss. Joey walks into the house next, and he is extra chipper. He pulls on Danny's cheeks while saying I love you stretch. Then he tells the whole family, thanks to Danny, I have an on the air tryout to be the new mister Egghead.
Speaker 1: Because that's how things work, right. I was like, what on the air? Like this nepo the nepotism of this family and Danny.
Speaker 2: It's strong?
Speaker 1: Is it's strong? Although I would like is this it? Is it? Like it's just local? Like is it like the public channel? You know what I mean? Like, oh is watching the local channel? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You never you never do a test on air.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, you don't, especially have a guy who are like you don't know anything about science? Ah, doesn't matter what nineties? Yep, I was the nineties. Yeah, I have an on the air tryout to be to host a television show. Never done it before, Just gonna see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it worked, you know, just make it work however you have right. So the whole family is very excited for Joey, They congratulate him, and Steph adds mister Egghead is the smartest person on television next to Connie Chung.
Speaker 1: The love for Connie Chung for continue. She's a powerful woman who asks very important questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can see why Steph admires her so much. DJ chimes in reminding Joey that mister Egghead has to know everything about science, not that he doesn't know everything about science. But then she honestly asks, do you know anything about science? But Joey isn't worried in the slightest He asks, what's the difference? Is Captain Kangaroo a real captain? Hey, he's not even a real kangaroo. That's the attitude to go into a new job with. Hey, you're getting an on the air tryout for a science show. Do you know anything about science?
Speaker 1: Nah? What does it matter? I wasn't even a real clown. What. The blind confidence of this family is unmatched. I love him. I just love them. They anything they touch, they that's excellent. They just they're on TV left and right. Yeah, Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: San Francisco really does revolve entirely around this family. The entire city.
Speaker 2: Joey is certain that all he has to do is be hip and funny and follow the script. He pats Jesse on the back, adding and with this guy as my sidekick, how can I miss? Jesse is fiddling with his guitar, not really paying attention, so he mindlessly says, oh, that's right, with Jesse as his son, and suddenly he realized sidekick and he chases after Joey.
Speaker 1: So he's gotten on the air tryout and he's roping someone in who doesn't even know that they're doing something and may or may not be available because they also have what a marketing job jingle writing, there's a presentation.
Speaker 2: Or thought it poorly thought out. There's no consent in this family, no privacy right now? Yeah, asking permission?
Speaker 1: Nope, nope, you're just now, Hey, guess what you're hosting a show with me.
Speaker 2: So we cut to the kitchen where Joey knowingly is counting down on his wristwatch two one, and right on cue, Jesse comes storming in, asking sidekick. Joey explains that he just wants a hip, musical sidekick like David Letterman has, Paul Schaeffer, Mister Ahead has the professor. Jesse glares at him, emphasizing that he does not do kiddie shows. Joey dramatically size, fine, you don't want to be the professor. Just think of all those little kids who will have to learn science without any music. They'll be too sad to play with their pets, and all the dogs and cats will run away from home.
Speaker 1: Good lord, right, this went this escalated fast. Yeah, that went from zero hunter real quick.
Speaker 2: This guilt trip is something.
Speaker 1: Else and also like the manipulation Ja asked in the question, Hey man, you want to do a TV show with me?
Speaker 2: He can you do me solid?
Speaker 1: Right? Instead of pets are gonna die because you didn't do what I signed you up for without asking? Like what, oh, what's wrong with you? I love this friendship so funny, right, so, Jesse, so great because when you because you don't think about it when you're watching it until you start explaining it and you're like, what are any of these people thinking I would do this? But it's great and it's so full house. I love it so full house. This is why I love ninety sitcoms for outrageousness. There's right, not an ounce of reality. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Jesse is listening, and when Joey breaks down into a fake sob, Jesse tells him this is the stupidest story he's ever heard. Plus guilt doesn't work on him.
Speaker 1: I agree with Jesse on that though, Yeah, that's a stretch. That's why the poor dogs and cats had to get roped into this.
Speaker 2: So Joey tries another approach. He says, then, I'm just gonna pester you until you say you'll do it, and he says, will you do it?
Speaker 1: Will you do it?
Speaker 2: Will you do while chasing.
Speaker 1: Jesse around the house. That's what my kids do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't take long for Jesse to give in and say he'll do it. Joey puts his arm around him and sarcastically says, all right, if it'll make you happy.
Speaker 1: And then gas lights him.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, in the girl's room, Danny is sitting on DJ's bed staring at his traffic ticket. He's wearing different variations of blue while DJ is wearing a royal blue dress. She questions if they're overdoing this blue thing, and Danny explains that it's been psychologically proven that judges are more sympathetic to people wearing blue. He jokes, that's why you never see a Smurf on death Row.
Speaker 1: It's dark. It was really dark, right.
Speaker 2: Then Stuff makes her way over to Danny, boasting about what an amazing week it'll be for her. Tomorrow is picture Day, Friday is pizza Day, and today her entire class gets to see Joey on the Mister Ahead Show. She shouts, I love my life.
Speaker 1: I bet you do. Kid. Not only is your not only someone in your house getting their own TV show again, which you mentioned later, Your whole class gets to skip school and go be in an audience just drop of a hat. The nepotism is so it's so great. This just family is like they run things, you know what I mean? They run the world. Yeah too. It's like Francisco. Yeah, yes, you can do anything. I can bring an elephant in the living room that they want to. Don't ask us questions, do what we want?
Speaker 2: They they they if they if they put their effort into doing something positive for the world, they could really rule the world.
Speaker 1: But no, they're stuck on mister egghead and routes positive for the world. You know it's it's mister Eggcatty's bringing joy to the children, bring in an accident to your face.
Speaker 2: But okay, okay, I see what you mean. So Stephanie begins to walk out, but another thought hits her. She tells Danny, this is so cool. I can't believe someone I know is going to have their own TV show. Danny is a little embarrassed, gives a chuckle, reminding her that he has his own TV show, Wake Up San Francisco. But Steph realizes. Steph says she realizes this, but mister Egghead is a show that people she actually knows will watch.
Speaker 1: Earned burn but also a man. Wow, the look of two people in your family having their own shows. It's hey, well three really if you count Becky. Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's hey, it's a family of talent.
Speaker 1: Very that's it. The show only gets streamed to their house.
Speaker 2: So DJ grabs Danny's arm, telling him they should practice for court. Danny agrees and starts off by pretending to swear DJ in. He grabs a magazine and asks her to place her right hand on Fred Savage. She does this, She's told, saying anytime, which is funny because he did a movie with him much later where he murders her character.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's what I tell or whatever the name is. Yeah, this particularly ironic.
Speaker 2: Danny asks, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? DJ nods, I Fred, but I mean I do. Danny pulls out a chair and asks her to step onto the witness stand so she can explain everything to Judge Bear aka mister Bear in great detail. Danny brings out a visual aid. Next, it's a diagram of the road where the incident happened. DJ starts to recall what happened, and Danny pulls out a paper car to demonstrate the story. She remembers her dad was cleaning between the buttons on the car radio, and Danny immediately stops her. He claims there's no reason she needs to bring up that minor detail. DJ exclaims I can't lie to the judge, and.
Speaker 1: Danny assures her that he's not asking her to lie.
Speaker 2: If the judge asks her directly, was your father dusting between the buttons on the car radio, then she can say yes.
Speaker 1: I really think Danny needs to get some help. It's this OCD is out of control. He put his daughter's life in danger. He was he ran a red light or whatever he did in this thing. And you know now DJ's were uped in it because he was cleaning dust between the car buttons.
Speaker 2: He needs to talk to Michelle in a therapy session. Well, I'm sure she could write him a prescription.
Speaker 1: She's got time. I mean, somebody in this family is going to become a farmer. I mean I'm sure in no time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well there'd just be like, ye, somebody randomly walked by me was like, do you want to take over my pharmacy? And then we own a pharmacy. That's how this world works.
Speaker 2: It's so easy. You know, I only have twenty two minutes. We gotta have gotta make the joke work, right. So DJ continues her story, saying they came to a right turn only sign, prompting Danny to add this sign to his visual aid. Then DJ admits they couldn't see it because a bush was covering it. Danny proceeds to add a giant green bush to his visual aid for dramatic effect. Then he ushers DJ over so they can do their big finish together by showing the judge the face of truth and innocence.
Speaker 1: They put on their.
Speaker 2: Best puppy dog faces together. So they got a plan, all right, they got Yeah, they got a plan.
Speaker 1: Just cover for Dad's slowly deteriorating OCD mental. You know, he's something, he's struggling. He's not he's not handling things well because they're overly obsessed.
Speaker 2: There's a dark undertoned the storyline that we're just gonna just hand wave that away and move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So next we're on the Mister Egghead t set.
Speaker 2: The cameraman shows Stephanie's class sitting on stage in risers that look like an egg carton, wearing egg shell hats. This is adorable. I have to be really really cute, yes, very creative, and the kids just look so cute with those little egg shell hats. He counts everyone in to begin taping, and then we hear Jesse playing a song on his keyboard. Jesse is wearing a graduation cap that is decorated with badges, and his keyboard has a big sign that reads professor. He finishes his opening song and begins to play a dramatic medley to introduce mister Egghead himself. The kids cheer for him as they hold their arms over their head in an egg shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like one part of Chapel Rohan's Hottgo. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Joey walks out wearing the mister Egghead get up, holding his arms in the same egg shape as well. He gives the professor a big thank you and greets the kids enthusiastically.
Speaker 1: She just came together so well, this.
Speaker 2: Is a full set with props and well.
Speaker 1: She's stepping into the role apparently, which begs the question what happened to the other mister Egghead and professor? Right? They go? Why did they both get knocked out? What did they do?
Speaker 2: There's a dark undertone to this.
Speaker 1: Did they show up drunk on the job? What did they do? That's it. They're booted. We need somebody to take over this thing.
Speaker 2: You they'll take They'll take anyone, Joey.
Speaker 1: They just asked Danny. They were like, who do you got living in your house? Yeah? Just give them a show.
Speaker 2: So Joey introduces his guests in the egg carton today, who are from Missus Hardesty's second grade class at Fraser Street Elementary School. The kids all scream hi into the camera, and Joey tells them not to exhaust themselves because it's time for ask, mister Egghead, do the egg puns in this scene are so excessive? Like?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's this, it's any time they can work egg into the sentence, they do.
Speaker 1: They don't miss an opportunity, an exaggeration.
Speaker 2: Surely well done.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So mister Egghead and the professor choose from the eager bunch of students who all have their hands raised. Joey chooses someone, and what do you know, it turns out to be Walter. Hey, Walter, Walter asks what happened to the old mister egghead? See he's asking the very question we go that you as well.
Speaker 1: We find out yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Joey hesitates for a moment before saying he's on vacation. But Walter counters I read in the newspaper that he didn't pay his taxes. Jesse shrugs, Well, he's on vacation for three to five years.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the mister vas show is a cover for him and the Professor's tax evasion scheme, because you know, they're not making that much money on a kid's show from the Francisco. You know, it's not even national, so like, how much money are they making? But obviously they're laundering the money through the Mister Egghead Show. And now they called in Danny and were like, hey, look to Sue's a solid all right, just put that guy in. Yeah, we'll be back, And this's what happened. Okay, we just need some good, solid, honest people who can run this show. Yeah, exactly, Joey.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, baarest minimum of qualifications.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So Joey ends the segment and moves on to the next It's time for them to discuss their topic of the day.
Speaker 1: Energy.
Speaker 2: Joey explains energy is the ability to do work and tells viewers it's all around us, whether we're looking at the sun or at our muscles, there's energy in both. In the background, Walter shoots out of his seat and s out hey, mister egghead. Joey laughs and tells the audience why energy is even in Walter. I love Walter. He's just that past that is like hey, hey, hey, wait actually yeah. Walter apologizes for interrupting, but admits he has another question. If the speed of light is based on the theory that light has a finite velocity, how would that calculate in a black hole? Joey pauses for a moment, but we're decided. As the lid question the professor can field this one. Jesse is staring at Walter in shock. Why didn't they just give Walter this job? Walter should be mister Aggha.
Speaker 1: Well he will be because he'll you know, he's in the he's in the circle now, so he's that job will get passed off to him. Eventually, for sure he will graduate. Yeah, and then stuff will be like, Dad, hire that guy. Yeah, that works passed down in the line of nepotism.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh so. Jesse walks up to Wallter declaring, I'm going to tell you the same thing my father told me when I was young. Look it up, and Joey nods, well, well put professor. Then mister Egghead tells the kids it's time for him to pick one special junior Egghead to help him with an experiment about energy. The students all shoot up their hands, shouting me, me, me. Joey points to Stephanie. Here's a pretty young ahead knocking once again.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I was surprised. I was like, wait, don't it's so obvious. It's so obvious. But you know, the storyline has to work again. Walter pipes up. He does.
Speaker 2: Walter shoots out of his seat once more and shouts, they live in the same house.
Speaker 1: This is a fix it is, Walter, You're right, Walter's telling the truth. Walter's telling the truth. He's like, wait a minute, this feels this feels like they're in on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's clearly the smartest person in this entire room, maybe in all the San Frances go right. She gets the entire class to chant with.
Speaker 1: Him, Fix fix fixits. I just love this.
Speaker 2: Joey asks his junior egghead to introduce herself. She excitedly tells everyone, I'm Stephanie Judith Danner, and I'm very excited to be here. Joey walks her over to a contraption that will demonstrate how energy works. We see a giant boxing glove attached to a large spring. When the lever is pulled, it will release the spring, shooting the boxing glove into an inflatable Clown's.
Speaker 1: Face feels a little violent. I'm not sure how this demonstrates energy, but okay, like, well, big doesn't really demonstrate energy. It demonstrates like stored energy turning into kinetic energy. But well, I don't even know if that's a very way to say. Somebody's gonna be like, that'scientist. Try but yeah, but but I can think of a bunch of ways to show energy that don't involve this. But this was this was what they had.
Speaker 2: They had to just get into the to the back of the back prop room and.
Speaker 1: Just like, what do we have?
Speaker 2: What can we put together in an hour?
Speaker 1: Right? Very true?
Speaker 2: So Joey tells his lovely assistant to pull the lever and learn. But when Steph tries to pull the lever, it doesn't it doesn't budge. She tells him it's stuck. Mister Egghead tries to play it cool, but the students aren't buying it. Walter stands and shouts this never happened to the real mister Egghead, and the professor tells Walter to take a journey to the exit. Stephanie assures mister Egghead that she can cover for him. She tells the professor to play tomorrow, and she begins to sing the classic Annie tune.
Speaker 1: Like, uh, ethel merman, that was I believe the note that I was given so really ethel Mrman, Yeah, how funny, That's what I had on that tomorrow. I mean it's also sort of part of that song. It's a very big Broadway song.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, well and you said.
Speaker 1: Definitely hello Vibrato extra vibradroo in there.
Speaker 2: You did it was fantastic. And you you sang this song in the Star Search episode two backstage, so this must have been It's a.
Speaker 1: Cheap, a cheap song to go to U scene stealing song, you know what I mean. It's like it pulls attention, it's it stalls for time. Yeah, it's big. It's distracting. Yeah, it can. It can be useful for a multitude of reasons.
Speaker 2: So Stephanie is standing directly in front of the boxing glove as Joey tries to make the contraption work. He pounds on the box and the glove flies towards Stephanie, knocking her to the ground. Joey and Jesse quickly rushed to her aid. Stephanie's eyes are crossed and she looks very disoriented. Jesse taps her face and tells her to say something, and she musters out a how rude, okay, tell me thing? How did this work? Like?
Speaker 1: What? What's the movie magic here? Well, so if you look you can see me. Like there was a spot on the floor that I knew. I had to like stand clear up, you know what I mean. Like I got to be on the left side of it so that I was far enough away from like the the boxing love thing. And also it was a matter of that was never actually coming towards my face. I was slightly behind it, but because of the angle of the cameras, it looks like I'm standing right at the end of it. But really it just kind of passes in front of my face. Oh so made contact?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it never made contact. I was worried because you that fall was very authentic. I thought, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, well that really get hit well falling down is uh second nature? First nature? Really walking with no partne required? Yeah, actually required. They were like fall down. I was like, I just did so that wasn't Yeah, that wasn't the hard part. But I half expected to see like little birds and stars going around. I had like Roger a rabbit with the amount of googly eyed, cross eyed had wobbliness that I managed to pull off.
Speaker 2: The crossing of the eyes was impressive. I was like, wow, she really she really went for it and sold this bit. It was like, you said, you're an expert at falling and getting injured.
Speaker 1: So falling down. Yeah, I was like, oh, I know how to do this. Yeah, but now I do remember that, and yeah I remember you know, the how rude And I remember thinking that when I said it that way, it was like the the tea the mouse that's in the teapot in Alice in Wonderland. Oh okay, it's a very obscure reference. But he said, he's like this weird little drunk and at one point he like bumps his head or he's like and that was kind of what I remembered thinking, like to do with my voice? Oh okay, So that was made her muse. Yeah, I was like, okay, I know, like a silly sort of sing songing as to the voice.
Speaker 2: That is a great reference for an eight year old, like, yeah, who else are you gonna get inspiration from?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So Disney cartoons. Yeah, exactly, well done.
Speaker 2: This was a great bit. He pulled it off.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: I was convinced for a minute that you were actually injured, which.
Speaker 1: Maybe you were, like you just you never know. Although he would have picked I bet he wished he would have picked Walter oh yeah, yeah. Well, although to know later about Walter maybe getting punched in the face isn't great. Huh. Isn't he the kid that wants up getting abused? Or is that enough? That's that's Charles Charles. Oh, that's Charles Charles.
Speaker 2: This is what we do. We mix, We mix and match storylines. This is it all blends together in our mind. But we'll get there.
Speaker 1: We'll get there.
Speaker 2: So next, in the living room, Joey is pacing the room while Michelle follows behind him, mimicking his steps. He wishes aloud that stuff would come back from the doctor soon. Michelle asks is she getting a lollipop? And Joey admits she's going to get anything she wants. Just then, Jesse walks inside. Joey nervously rattles off questions, how is she?
Speaker 1: Where is she? Is she all right?
Speaker 2: Jesse tells him to calm down, insisting that Stephanie is all right. Then steph makes her grand entrance into the house. And there's a big cast covering her nose. Okay, how did they how did this feel? Did you hate it?
Speaker 1: Did was it just like? Oh?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: They're just like a little like it's basically just like a little metal thing like you'd put on your finger. It's like a little splint. And then they just used like medical tape to tape put on there. Yeah it was not oh okay, so it was it uncomfortable or no okay? Well, although, uh, I do remember when when be broke her nose last year. Uh, they don't actually put those little well not every time, I guess, but they don't put those little splints on. I was like, can we get a nose splint? They were like, no, we actually don't put those on. So really they did back then.
Speaker 2: They just let it heal on its own. There's no nothing, no tape, no splints, nothing.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, well you're like, excuse me. I did an episode about this thirty nine hours and that's not how we did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're stuck in the nineties. So Joey and Michelle's jaws fly open at the sight of this. Stephanie tells Joey not to worry, it's just a little broken nose. Jesse tells them that the splint should be off in a week and then she'll be good as new. Joey tells steph that he is so sorry he bought her some things and proceeds to dump out a huge bag filled with stuffed animals and toys. She thanks him for the gesture, knowing he didn't mean to break her nose. Michelle hears this and scolds her, uncle, you broke Stephanie's nose. Go to your room. Joey's size. You're right, I've been bad, and he begins to follow her orders.
Speaker 1: The instant shane that this family feels yeah, no, it's it's effective deeply internally, the emotions l yeah, you're right, I've been bad.
Speaker 2: Right, So Jesse has to run after him, reminding him that Michelle is only three years old and has no authority over him. Michelle hops down from her chair and tells Stephanie, I'll take a picture.
Speaker 1: Say cheese.
Speaker 2: She points the polaroid at steph and that's when the realization hits Tomorrow is class picture day. She sighs, why me and runs upstairs. Michelle calls after her, telling her she forgot the presence. Stephanie is dejected, and she admits she doesn't even want them. Michelle smiles and walks over to the goodies. Ooh, happy birthday to me.
Speaker 1: Right, She's like, I see an opportunity because no one's you're watching me, so myself. Yeah, I feel like Steph would have had some black eyes. That would have been the thing that because when you break your nose, that's get those the bruising underneath, that's it's the bruising. Yeah, they should have. Maybe it wasn't in the budget to add that to the Well, I'm sure that would have looked too much, you know what I mean, that would have looked again, it's that thing where it's like, well wait, pain, but not mind line real pain. Yeah right, we don't want to get two black eyes on a little kidder. I guess maybe a little too much, that could be that would have I feel like that would have been the thing that would have shown up in the pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, Well this is a rite of passage. I mean, I don't know about your kids, but Tate had would always, without fail, get an injury, a head laceration the night before school pictures, Like it's either the scratch on his face from the soccer ball, the staples in the head from when he jumped off the couch and hit the coffee table, without fail, the night before school pictures fifth grade, and I'm like, why why go tim that?
Speaker 1: I didn't notice that with mine, But I do remember one year, I think it was Zoe's second grade year, and she had these clip on like dress up princess earrings that were bell from Beauty and the Beast, but they were like chandelier ear you know. They were like that you'd wear with a princess costume. Oh yeah, And apparently she wanted to wear those in her school picture, and so she took them from home and put them in her backpack and at picture time clip those bad boys on and took her picture, and so he got the picture back she is smiling the biggest smile with these gigantic ear rings on, and just so proud of herself. Dad was like, what were Why'd you let her take those? I said, I didn't even know she had them. She was like, I wanted to wear the earrings, and if I remember right, I think they like they they had said, like or she went back to take the picture with them on, because the first one she didn't have them, and I think she asked him to have her picture retaken something like that. But yeah, I have it somewhere in like one of the frames, you know, all the stacks of pictures. Is Zoe in second grade with these gigantic ear rings on, And I was like, that's amazing, as she is so your daughter, Like she's like, I'm gonna do it my way, I'm gonna do it right.
Speaker 2: She was permission from adults, like I'm aware of these.
Speaker 1: I mean, you love me? Yeah? It was great And she and I was my favorite school photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that kid. So in the kitchen, Joey is stressed out. How is he supposed to tell Danny what he has done? Jesse reminds him it was an accident. Plus Danny is his best friend, he'll understand. Joey gives Jesse a scenario. If your best friend broke your daughter's nose, what would you do, And, without hesitation, Jesse responds, I'd kill him. I mean, yeah, if he punched her in the face. But like an accident, it was one hundred percent accident.
Speaker 1: This was this.
Speaker 2: Jesse's just laying on the guilt. This is payback for the gas lighting that happened to.
Speaker 1: That's what this is. Actually. Just then Danny and DJ walk in through the back door. I was surprised DJ could get in with those shoulder pats. She had to turn slightly. Shoulder pads aren't going away. No, it's like, you know, they're building on top of each other, layered. The shoulder pads are going to get a cast credit by next season because they are for sure. Apparently they get their own infro.
Speaker 2: DJ excitedly greets Joey and asks how the show went. He tries to change the subject, so instead he asks about their day in court. Danny tells them that while he was pleading his case, his meter ran out and they towed his car, so it cost him one hundred dollars to beat out a thirty dollars ticket.
Speaker 1: Woh wow, back in the days of thirty dollars tickets, right, who even parking tickets like eighty five at this point? Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, it ain't cheap. No.
Speaker 2: DJ is certain that they can fight this. She asks him to set up the court date a week from Thursday. She has a killer biology test that day.
Speaker 1: Well, because the courts also work around the Tanner family, they can get whatever date they need. Well, I mean it was the next day. They were like, we need to get into court tomorrow, and they were like, sure, go for it. Absolutely, They'll hold on mister Tanner family has sam for Cisco. It's impressive. It's really it's really impressive.
Speaker 2: But doesn't like DJ's mentioned this twice now, But don't you just have to take the test the next time you come back to school.
Speaker 1: It's not like you get out of the test completely.
Speaker 2: So she just keeps putting it off. She eventually she's gonna have to take that test.
Speaker 1: She is, but she's gonna have all of the answers stored in her shoulder pats so she can just sort of look to the left or the right and read on the inside what the answers are. It's a whole long test too, it's giant, but there's plenty of room so it's fine. Like cliff Notes, the shoulder pad edition, the shoulder Yeah, yeah, you just what they actually are, cliff Notes books just shoved in there. And then she just kind of glances at him. You know this is brilliant, Yeah, no questions asked, brilliant. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Danny asks the guys how the show went, and Joey admits I was booed off the stage and fired say yeah, and he tries to walk away. Danny is prized to hear that he was fired, like really didn't even have the job, like he just was he.
Speaker 1: Was surprising here. He was fired because Danny set this all up and paid some guy extra to, you know, take Joey off his hands again the show. And now he's like, wow, all that and you were fired And I thought my money a little a little further than that. Yeah, right, Danny's disappointed.
Speaker 2: He's, whoa, I don't have as much pull in this sushion as I thought. Yeah, Danny says he was sure that Joey would be a hit, and Jesse admits, well, there was a hit involved. Joey tries to find the right words to explain, but Michelle walks in and breaks the news for him. Joey broke Stephanie's nose. Danny's eyes widen and he shouts, you broke Stephanie's nose, and he runs upstairs without another word. Michelle wags her finger at Joey and says, you better go to your room, and Joey nods and dismisses himself. Michelle's running the house, and Michelle is parenting, and she's running the household.
Speaker 1: Now, oh some days, I don't know how the Tanners made it.
Speaker 2: There's survival instincts. It's been really strong because yeah, great.
Speaker 1: Not announcer communication, you know what I mean, Like nobody like you broke her nose with a tube for what? But yeah, I mean it's just the leaps.
Speaker 2: To yeah, leaping to conclusions, lack of communication, no boundaries like this South.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's the necessary ingredients for a sitcom. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: This is this is how it goes. So in the girls room, Steph is pacing as she tells DJ, there's no way I'm going to school tomorrow for picture day. Last year, I was sneeze Burger. This year, I'll be robo nos. DJ reminds her that their dad won't let her miss school. Stephanie nods in agreement. Then she suggests, what if I don't ask him?
Speaker 1: This is Steph, This is Steph.
Speaker 2: If I just do it, yeah, that's no. But nobody asked me, right. Danny frantically runs into the room to check on Steph. He asks if she's okay, and she says she's fine. Danny wonders, is there anything you need? Steph thinks for a moment before suggesting, I've always wanted a big screen TV. Well played Steph well played lead into that, Joe.
Speaker 1: She asks Joey for that. Yeah, she would have gotten the big screen instantly, instantly. So.
Speaker 2: The next day, Stephanie is sneaking up the stairs wearing her backpack and school outfit and slides into her room undetected. She closes the door and lets out a heavy sigh. She turns around and sees Michelle digging through her toy box. She asks her what are you doing here? And Michelle counters, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Stuff? I'm just having my usual unsupervised morning. Why are you interrupting? This is a part of Michelle's Day's right there stealing things from everyone's room because no one's watching me, Like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: There's no need for adults in this house.
Speaker 1: Michelle's got it. She's not covered, you know.
Speaker 2: Stephanie asks Michelle if she sneaks into their room every day after she leaves for school, and Michelle nods every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Steph tells Michelle that she's ditching school because she can't take her class picture with the giant splint on her nose. She makes Michelle pinky swear not to tell anyone that she's here. Then she asks Michelle for a favor.
Speaker 1: She and Michelle would have to see someone in order for her to tell someone that they were here, So that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: This is not a big concern.
Speaker 1: Really, No, she didn't tell i'n't running anybody for like four or five hours, So it's fine.
Speaker 2: She's she got plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Steph asks Michelle for a favor. She needs her to go downstairs and get her something to eat. She coaches her, if anyone asks who the food is for, you say nobody. She asks Michelle if she's got it, and Michelle gives her a thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Got it, dude.
Speaker 2: So next in the kitchen, we see Michelle has jars of peanut butter and jelly propped in front of her with two slices of bread. She is grabbing handfuls and slathering it on the bread with her bare hands.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: Joey walks in to find Michelle making this mess. She licks her hands and declares, hmm, I'm a good cook. He reminds her that she just ate breakfast, but Michelle insists it's not for her, and Joey asks who it's for. And she says nobody. Then she grabs her mess of a sandwich and carries it upstairs.
Speaker 1: With not an out, no adult going don't do what? Yeah? No? Just oh kids? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why would they stop her?
Speaker 1: Right? I love it? I love this show. Is this the scene?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I have? What's the next one? I know exactly the story that you're gonna say?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, okay, well okay bring it up then, because I think I'm going to You're gonna bring it good, yay.
Speaker 1: Great minds.
Speaker 2: So in the girl's room, Stuff examines this sandwich and tells Michelle that it's inside out. Michelle continues to lick her peeb and jay hands while reminding her you're supposed to say thank you. Joey yells upstairs for Michelle and Steph panics. She goes to hide and reminds Michelle that she is not here. Joey opens the door just as Steff shimmys her way into the closet. He tells Michelle she's going to make such a mess up there, and Michelle licks her hands and.
Speaker 1: Says, too late. So here I have. This is where I have to tell the story about the massy hands. Yes, tell the story yes, so I believe it was in because I seem to remember it happening. I was in the scene, so I know it was in the girl's room because that was when she had the stuff in her hands and she'd made the sandwiches. It was Mary Kate. She'd made the sandwiches with the peanut butter and all the stuff on her hands, and in the next scene they had to put it back on because I'm sure we weren't shooting in order, or maybe we were in that scenario, but they had to put more peanut butter and jelly and stuff on her hands. She was over it very much done. Did not like her hands messy, which I get. I also do not like my hands to be messy. And I believe we were getting ready to shoot and they were like, okay, you got just one more time with the you know, we got to put more peanut butter on your hands, and I seem to remember Mary Kate. She said, if you don't get this off of my hands, I'm gonna sing. And you started singing because she was like, I'm I don't I just want you to wipe my hands, and so Adria had to like negotiate quickly with her and be like, just just we just need you one more time, one more time. We got one more time out of it, and that was but that was it. And and she was like, I'm now I'm singing. And I don't remember what she started to sing or if she started to sing, but she it was definitely on a gag reel somewhere. It's not a gagril. Hopefully Karen has it. She can and she threatens to if you don't wipe my hand, I'm going to thing. It was brilliant and you just you can just see how this three year old has figured out how she can her crew. She's like, I don't want to do this, and I'm gonna sing. Yeah, it was great, so funny classic. I do remember that from from the Blue perm reel, and I swear immediately after that her hands were wiped off and everything was funny. Yeah, oh yes, it's just one more shot. And she was she was a trooper for going through that. I'm gonna say, I'm gonna see so just then Comet runs into the room and makes a bee line to Stephanie, who is still hiding in the closet.
Speaker 2: He tries to get the peeb and Jay sandwich, and Michelle watches him and says, uh oh. Commet has the sandwich in his mouth and runs away with it, and Michelle shouts after him, Hey, you doggie, that's for nobody. She chases after Comet and Joey lets out a big sigh. He walks over to the closet and opens the door, staring at Stephanie. She tries to play it cool. Oh, hi, Joey, I was just testing my new glow in the dark shoelaces and think, Yeah, she's quick, quick on her feet.
Speaker 1: But Joey asks, why aren't you at school?
Speaker 2: Stephanie beggs, Please don't make me go to school like this. You already broke my nose on TV.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna make me be teased for a whole year. What did I ever do to you? All I did was love you? Well, she learned that manipulation strong right from Joey. She's like, oh, you're bringing dogs and cats into this. What did I ever do to you? Why don't you love me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She just said, tables have turned the family just learns from each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, it's great.
Speaker 2: This is probably where Mary Kate picked it up from She's like, okay, actually, how it's Jolly breaks down, Oh, you never have to go to school again, and he gives her a big hug. But while they're embracing, Jesse walks in and he asks Stephanie, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Stephanie adults, who took me to school? Well? I probably, I mean I obviously I walk.
Speaker 2: Okay, take the bush or an elephant, multiple modes of transfer. So Stephanie enthusiastically states. Joey says, I never have to go to school again. Joey tries to explain that she's way too embarrassed to get her picture taken like this. They can write her a little note and Danny will never know, and Stuff's like, hey works for me. Jesse pulls stuff aside, reminding her that she's only in the second grade once, hopefully, and a class picture is something that you can treasure forever. If she misses the picture, she may regret it for the rest of her life. Steph nods, but she decides, well, she's willing to take that chance. Jesse decides to put it another way, She's going to school. Steph tries to protest, but he is not listening. He makes her going downstairs and wait for him. She obliges, but before she walks out, she says, I'm not gonna smile. Joey's bent out of shape over this, telling Jesse this is all his fault.
Speaker 1: Jesse, yes it is.
Speaker 2: Joey sarcastically thanks him for the pep talk, and Jesse tells him to grow up. Feeling guilty won't help anyone. Joey sighs, great, now I feel guilty about feeling guilty.
Speaker 1: I'm a bad boy. But he needs Michelle to punish him.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jesse say, snap out of it, emphasizing that Joey is a comedian. He's supposed to make people laugh at their troubles. He tells Joey that there's a little girl downstairs that could use a laugh. So will he help her or will he stay in this room and wallow in self pity. Joey asks for just one more wallow and falls onto Steph's bed in defeat.
Speaker 1: And then you need a good wallow? Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: So Next, at the elementary school, Jesse is walking Stephanie to her classroom and someone opens the door right when they arrive. Joey steps out into the hall, telling them he was waiting for Steph. How what did he operate?
Speaker 1: How did he get there first?
Speaker 2: Last we saw he's wallowing in your bed. Right now he's like set up a whole bit into the classroom.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, Jesse's probably got into how many accidents on the way to.
Speaker 1: School.
Speaker 2: So je Joey just is a better driver, uh so, he tells her. He tells her that everyone is ready to take the class picture, and Stephanie groans, do I have to? I'm gonna look so silly. Joey assures her that she is not going to look any sillier than the rest of the class. Steph hangs her head and trudges into the room. Her classmates greet her, and to her surprise, they're all wearing Groucho Marks glasses with the hairy eyebrows, the big nose, and the fuzzy mustache. Steph grins, all right, this is great. Joey tells her that he has a pair for her too. She gives him a kiss on the cheek, saying thanks, mister egghead, and then she gives Jesse a kiss on the cheek, saying thanks. Professor. Jesse tells Joey, this is one of the stupidest ideas you've ever.
Speaker 1: Had and one of the best. Good job.
Speaker 2: The teacher, who's also wearing the funny glasses, counts everyone in for the picture one, two, three, smile. Then she asks them to take one without the glasses. Everyone takes theirs off, but Steph is hesitant. She looks to Jesse and Joey for guidance and they nod, signaling that it will be okay. Steph shrugs, yeah, what the heck. She takes off the glasses and Joey puts a pair on. He talks in a groucho voice and tells the class everyone say the secret word, and of course that word would be cheese. They all grin at the camera and shout geeze, and that is our show.
Speaker 1: That's our show. It was a very cute ending, very cute endings. I mean, I'm so glad that Joey keeps large amounts of Groucho marks glasses at the ready. Oh yeah, he's got a stash of him back. Well, yeah, the joke shops not open that early in the morning. You know, you got to have those things ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had thirty pair just right there at the ready. Yeah, it was great, but those actually was. I loved this episode.
Speaker 1: It was very cute and it was a sweet story between Joey and Staph, And yeah, I loved doing this one. Plus I got to do some fun, silly, physical comedy and yeah, oh it had everything. It had. It had comedy, it had heart, and it had Walter. It had Walter.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and I really loved this Joey's storyline. I haven't loved some of his previous storylines, but he does best when he's finding creative ways to help the girls. Yes, like the he helps stuff with the Honeybee Sleepier coming up in a while. The dating storylines don't work for me with Joey. I think that there's no heart, there's not enough comedy right in those storylines. But this is where he shines. And he's parenting the girls like le Me was parenting DJ when and made or miss the Karate Championship and Joey gets tough. Yeah, so this is this is where he shines the best.
Speaker 1: And you know, and it's I like watching kind of all the guys like take turns, figuring it out, you know what I mean. They all have their moments of strength, their areas there, you know, whatever situation they might be in, like one of them is usually handling it better than the others. And you know, it's just it's neat to like watch the guys kind of try and figure it out together because sometimes it just depends on what happened and they you know what I mean, Like one week they're like, oh, no, I you know, this is Michelle's baby, or or like you know what I mean, Michelle's the baby, she can't do it whatever, right, And then you know, the next week it'll be the next one. And I just like that because it is kind of true how it is as a parent, Like yeah, sometimes shine and sometimes I'm doing great, and then sometimes you're like, oh no, my baby, I'll do anything. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very well balanced in that. Yeah, there's not just one no at all and one do fiss. It's like, well they ebb and flow, and that's that's very real life, and it's it's wonderful to see the flaws and the successes of these characters.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean so many successes though, just TV shows being handed out left and right, right, everybody like, oh you get a show show, right, everyone gets a show and a jingle and a band and a yeah I love this family, love it so much success. Did you have everywhere? He looks, Yeah, great.
Speaker 2: Minds, I do I have one?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, I have okay this.
Speaker 2: In one of the first scenes, John is wearing that mustard yellow shirt and black That is the exact same shirt he wore in the last episode for thirteen Candles. I went back and watched the exact same shirt, not just same colors, same shirt, Like, come on, come on, wardrobe, like, what did you have? You didn't have any other shirt?
Speaker 1: Well, just love it. That makes me feel like we didn't shoot that in order or something, or maybe you know what I mean that like, because typically wardrobe wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't do that, right. That seems like a big oversight. So I'm like, did John, And I feel like maybe it was shot out of order?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know either, but yeah it is. I know. I saw that shirt and I was like, I feel like I've seen that shirt, but I thought it was that Candace had been wearing it at one point because DJ also has very similar shirts, the mustard yellow, black. Yeah, it's very popular. Did you see his furry boots. No, it weighed like leopard patterned boots.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so the budget was spent on the boots.
Speaker 1: They had to read we've seen the boots before. The boots are also a repeat customer, but they Yeah, it was the full look, very nineties.
Speaker 2: It's just jarring because you don't see that in TV shows anymore.
Speaker 1: Like five seasons a fuller. We never repeated an outfit once, so right, no, not anymore. Yeah, you used to, it used to be, you know. But the Tanners, well they've I mean they've just everyone's got a TV show, so they can just buy new clothes. They don't ever have to wear the same thing twice. Yeah, yeah, exactly. They'll hand me downs nothing, not even with three girls. No, they're just all original clothes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh so funny.
Speaker 1: Did you all everywhere? I did? I hadn't everywhere. You look in the scene with all the kids in the Mister egg Head set and the girl who is sitting next to Walter, I don't know if you remember, but that was Blake who was Adria's I want to say it was her cousin's daughter or her niece or something, but but one of Adria's relatives her I want to say, her mom's name was Rayna or something, and then Blake was the daughter. And they also were the ones that did the celebrity Kids cruises, and so Blake would go on those. Blake was on those with us. We have pictures of us on a like celeb Kids cruise years later, like towards like season seven or eight. But Blake was was somebody who was was often there and she was Adria's niece, cousin, I'm not yeah, And there were other there were other kids in there that we'd see. Alison Keith Richmond's daughter was sitting directly behind me, So they were a couple o kids sprinkled in there. Yeah, for sure, I love it.
Speaker 2: You know, if you if you're gonna have extras in a scene, you might as well make it a family affair. And yeah, and great nieces and cousins and daughters exactly.
Speaker 1: It's fun that it's fun for them to get to be in the show. But yeah, I remember, because I don't think we I don't know that we had seen Blake up until this point. I think that was the first time that we'd seen her as an extra.
Speaker 2: So I wonder does she come back as an extra?
Speaker 1: She did a few, Because she did a few extra she was again one like the one of the kids that was close to my age. So it was always whenever there was a party scene or a classroom scene or whatever it was, you know, everybody who had relatives that age was like, let me bring my kid in. Yeah, oh that's so cool. Yeah, but yeah, I remember that, and then I was like, oh yeah, and then we all went on those those cruises together when we were teenagers.
Speaker 2: So that that was an experience like no other.
Speaker 1: Those cruises were intense and there are no new kids. They're no new kids cruise. Also, that doesn't compare. Doesn't even hold a candle, it's not even yeah yeah, but no one was doing known was doing uh you know, door decoration for us. But I'm well, hey, if they ever bring it back, we'll do a TGIF cruise and get all of our buddies on this cruise and oh it would sell out in a minute and we would have much fun. Con cruise.
Speaker 2: Let's get the Boy meets World, Castle's get stepped. We come up with, oh, let's pitch it do the thing. I don't know who we pitch it to. But let's do it. We got to get people on board, though. I mean, you and I will definitely do it. But can we get Daniel Fishel can meet Christine lacoln Lincoln will do it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we could get I'm sure we could get a fair amount of people to do it. Love it. Yeah, okay, Well.
Speaker 2: Can we get the guys with the DJs with jackets and the pony tails them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember his name. You don't remember what you had for breakfast this morning, but you remember his name. Don't remember what it did yesterday, but totally remember that. Yeah, back when the day, back in the days when my brain headspace and recall anyway, ok yeah, all right, well remember well okay, well we've got to work on that. So yeah, we're gonna we're gonna work on that. The fans are already saving their dollars, right, Yeah, we're gonna. Guys, don't get too excited. We're gonna we're gonna forget we have this conversation about ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna get it easily. It'll wait out of sight, out of mind exactly.
Speaker 1: But thank you guys again for listening. Uh, this was another excellent episode. I'm sorry I.
Speaker 2: Had to do it all done, well done, you have.
Speaker 1: To It's all right. I'll give my this's a pun joke on everyone, but thank you for just so much, Fanarritos for listening. Make sure you're following us on Instagram at how read podcast, or you can send us an email at how podcast at gmail dot com. Uh, and then uh make sure that you're liking and subscribing to the podcast so you can get all the new episodes as soon as they come out, so you can get all of our egghead excellence excellence. I know, I can't even stop now.
Speaker 2: Now it's gonna talk, right, It's like a Pavlovian response at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get this microphone out from in front of me. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna stop anyway. It's spend a day, I know, spend a day. Well, thank you to everyone for listening. Take us out. Yeah, I'm taking us out, Take us out. Remember the world is small. The house is full of excellent memories. I like it had had to be an There was no other way to end this podcast, no other way, no unless you punched me in the face. And I like crossed my eyes and went rude like, yeah, would be it. We'll save that for another episode, yayno later, so it's fine.