Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Presspass Podcast. It is Wednesday, September twenty fifth, the Ravens preparing for Sunday's game coming up against the Buffalo Bills. After practice today, we heard from head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: Okay, good seeing everybody out here in is beautiful Wednesday afternoon in Owings Mills, Maryland. Huh so, with perfect conditions for football, perfect conditions to work on the things that we can work on in terms of the wet balls and all those kind of things, the slippery field, the footing. Really really grateful for that opportunity to do that. I thought the guy's handle it really well. We had a good practice and we're moving towards our Buffalo game on Sunday night. We're very excited about it. Obviously, you know, probably right now the top football team in national football Gu's what everybody says, and you sure see it on tape. Very well coached, very tough, all three phases, very very efficient so far this season. Everything they've been doing, that's why they've been having the results they've had.
Speaker 3: So we're looking forward to the challenge and the opportunity. What question do you have, John, going against the couch of getting a lot of people.
Speaker 4: First name of cops that mind mind is Josh Allen. What's kind of the challenge in facing Josh Allen?
Speaker 2: I mean, Josh Allen pretty much everybody that watches football in this league understands those challenges that he poses. And he's he's just one of the one of the very best in the business at what he does.
Speaker 4: He's unique.
Speaker 2: You know, he plays his style and uh he does it his way, you know. And they build the offense certainly around him. All the attributes that he has throwing, running, running the offense, the read stuff, reading things out in terms of the passing game, he throws it to every level. So and he's got a really good cast around him. So big challenge, coach, Can you tell us about Becker week?
Speaker 4: Are in the asset he has been on?
Speaker 5: There is Henry success at first.
Speaker 2: Be well, yeah, Patrick Ricard probably just doing what he always does, you know, and I think he stepped it up another notch in terms of how he played in this game. He's he's been playing well, but but he he did rise.
Speaker 3: Up even more.
Speaker 2: Are thinking continue to improve this week and showed up in terms of the lead blocks those things in front of Deeric.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a big part what we do, coach.
Speaker 6: You had fraid Justice, Jil Harry a good won two punch. What are you seeing with Justine how he's been contribute?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Justin is a guy that people like forget about sometimes, right, you know, and Eric didn't forget about I mean signed to a new contract last week, right, So that was good and you can see why. I mean, they are kind of a good one two punch and they play off each other really well. Uh, they run the same plays too, but they also run different plays at times, and I just think it's a good change of pace for the defense.
Speaker 6: You guys have been so good at stopping to run so far.
Speaker 7: This ship a bluffle of likes to run the ball and James click really well right now, those type of challenge did you see them present any psider?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're they're one of the top rushing teams in football right now, and they've kind of committed to the run game and they've committed to all the things.
Speaker 3: That go with that.
Speaker 2: You know, they've got all the RPOs, they've got to read options, they've got the play action passes that go off of it, the quick play actions they get behind the back because when they start bringing the linebackers in the safeties down with the run game, I think he reads it out really well with the r pos. So it's gonna be a big challenge. You know, we're gonna have to defend the whole defense. He's gonna have to defend the entire offense full width of the field. It's not just the run game. I mean they'll throw it deep on you, they'll throw it to the sideline on the screens. Uh, they're pretty complete in what they don't want.
Speaker 6: You can got way back ever your once before what what.
Speaker 4: When to that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of exciting.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a it's a situation where the I think opportunity he kind of met there and he uh, he was in a situation where he's ready.
Speaker 3: To get back.
Speaker 2: He's healthy and he wants to start playing. Uh, he was available and uh he was here close and he and he was here at one time uh recently and liked it here and wanted to be back. So I think his agent and Eric worked it out, come back on the practice squad and uh and and work. He says he's in great shape, but work his way into football shape again and uh and be another piece. I mean, it's good to have another legitimate pass pressure on campus. That's that's a valuable thing with Derek.
Speaker 8: You know, he's one of the older running backs in the league, but he's also just an incredible shape and a physical outlier. You probably want to like exploit how we can wear a defense veels ring to stay for the year. How how do you kind of manage or approach managing his workload for a guy with so many kind of unique elements.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question. It's one that we have talked a lot about in the circle over the course of the last few months, and and really I think it's something that is part of the big picture of all the guys that we have.
Speaker 3: So, you know, Derek's workload.
Speaker 2: So to speak, is managed by the fact that we have Lamar playing away, you know, and the offense is built around Lamar. You have guys like Justice, you have guys like Mark, you have Isaiah, you have Zay, you have Bait. You know, you've got Nelson. All those guys kind of spread the workload out naturally.
Speaker 3: You know, and that's kind of the way where we built the offense.
Speaker 9: He just trying to clamp down things in the court quarters. That's something mental aspect something you guys.
Speaker 3: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: I mean it's both, you know, definite is a mental thing in terms of I think in terms of just play the defense the same way you played it for the first three quarters. The calls really aren't any different. So we were fully capable of doing that. So you can want to be in the right mental space to do that and also being intentional about it to practice as you're saying, I mean, put yourself in that kind of situation in terms of the plays that we run and the things you have to stop and then making the plays. You know, it's it's a playmaking business, you know, and these guys are the best in the world at it. I love our guys, with so many playmakers. I'm confident that we'll be able to do that.
Speaker 5: I'm just good thinks. I know you want to stop and you mentioned your head up to the other day beyond just you know, the message of hey, we can't commit these how do you how do you go about getting to that? As a technique thing, I know, various penalties is technique because what's the message.
Speaker 3: There, No, it is.
Speaker 2: It is really technique. I mean, honestly, it's ninety five percent technique. There is part of it that is awareness and those kind of things and mindset. There's cadence issues, there's formation things that are more the mental things. Sometimes you work on those two. But the technique is really what it blows down to. We do try to chase good tech. We don't coach. We don't coach holding on to the edge. We don't coach anything to the edge. We coach within the you know, the the proper technique. We're not trying to ever, We're never trying to get an advantage on the rule. We don't think it's good technique to do that. We want to have our hands inside. We want to be driving people off the ball. That's how we We want to be covering with our feet, you know, those kind of things. So so in that sense, we are able to just kind of keep coaching our technique, the good technique, because that's what we that's what we start with.
Speaker 3: You just gotta do a bad job with it.
Speaker 6: That's a really over the years, obviously, we just had a good team here for a long time. That's one a lot of games here games, but in these fimetime.
Speaker 5: Games, you see something different from your teams. Do you feel like, why have they've been some good in that situation.
Speaker 2: I think we've had good teams, and I think we have a great stadium at night, especially you know there outs into it. Uh you know, yeah, I thought you were gonna go with the fact that we don't get as many primetime home games as everybody else. Uh, you're not going, Oh yeah, is that part of the question.
Speaker 3: No, No, it could be. Yeah, I'm gonna leave it alone.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave it alone today. We're looking forward to it. Our guys, our guys love to play, you know, and you know you I tell you the bench, the only way I can answer that question is go to the stadium and experience it, because there's nothing like it. You know, there's nothing like you know, a primetime game in M and T Bank Stadium. That's really what it's all about. And I know the fans who've been there, they know it because they make it that way. So anybody that hasn't been there, I strongly encourage you to get ticket and show up.
Speaker 4: John.
Speaker 10: I know that you know Lamar's and Josh Allen aren't to be on the field at the same time. But you know, there's a lot of discourse about those two quarterbacks, how they're both kind of elite guys.
Speaker 11: And great playmakers.
Speaker 10: I know, you know, we're probably gonna Lamar is probably gonna come out and say, you know, I'm not competing against Josh Allen. Was there any thing that you learn about him or or reflect on about him in matchups like this where it's you know, the two with the great quarterbacks in the league going into head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you'll, you'll you will have to ask Lamar that question because you know, I'm not an elite quarterback, you know, not not an elite player in any sense of the words. So I don't know what it's like to be that in that matchup, so to speak. I just am grateful to be a part of it and to be around it, because you know, these are the things that you're going to look back on and you're gonna say, Wow, wasn't that cool to be there for that?
Speaker 3: You know, That's that's why we do all this.
Speaker 2: It's why all of us in this circle right here do this is why the fans watch, you know, in a part love football because you get to be you get to join in with that for two guys like Lamar and Josh, to to kind of have that, you know, to be those guys, I think is a pretty amazing cool thing and I'm just glad to be next to it.
Speaker 12: I'm talking about any guys, but being able to add veterans to practice squads, and that's the way have to mention, how is it fruitful for you or how is that fruitful for the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think it's really good for the teams and it's really good. It's really good for the NFL. It's good for the fans, and it's good for the players on the teams because you have more players out here at practice. One thing, so the players are going to stay healthier because the workload gets.
Speaker 3: Gets split up a little bit.
Speaker 2: You could actually with the new rules, you can split the workload during the longer the longer season now more, which helps keep guys healthy over the long season. Some guys that might have been forced to play ten years ago, even five years ago through some things, you can back down, get him really healthy, get them healthy, and then place play another guy up off the practice squad.
Speaker 3: And I think it's.
Speaker 2: Prolonged careers, you know, because you wouldn't have a spot for maybe on your team before because of how much it costs, or or just wouldn't head room because those guys need to actually practice. Now you've got more practice squad guys. You can bring a guy in like that and he can practice and get ready for the opportunity when it has come up to fill the role that we just talked about.
Speaker 3: So I think it's a.
Speaker 4: Win win win for everybody.
Speaker 11: Phil's obviously have a good it's very concerned about not having free starting off with the woman out here today, or you don't get anything.
Speaker 2: I think what happens in the course of the season is this it's a very physical sport, Jeff, and you got guys that are gonna be working through things, you know, pretty much every week. I think if you look around the league, you'll see that pretty much with every team. So you know, we've got to deal with those things just like everybody else.
Speaker 9: John in Buffalo's obviously without Milano Bernard, I guess they they will with out Toron Johnson. What's what's made still that second level of their defense still so good without those big time guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that they're they're chemistry defense. You know, they play, they play together really well.
Speaker 3: They haven't.
Speaker 2: First of all, they got a really good team and they got a lot of depth they got they they've done.
Speaker 3: A great job.
Speaker 2: I think, Uh, Brandon Bean and Sean McDermott have done a great job of building that team. Uh, they drafted well and so they got a lot of good young players, you know, and they so they can they can bring guys in they play at a high level. Then they're put together really well. They've been running the system, so you know, guys know the system.
Speaker 3: They step in. They've had a lot of reps and they play well together as a result.
Speaker 9: Upong those lines, because it's a game where you kind of just don't expect them at all to come out of that nickel. You know, do you expect to get them into base at all? Considering how about you guys ran?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I really wish someone would ask that question of their of Sean and then find out whether that's a possibility or not. You know, expect them to get in dime a little bit. They've done that recently, but whether they're getting based or not.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: With there more thing that him. So you don't see a lot of running backs like even make it to age thirty or year.
Speaker 2: Nine in the NFL.
Speaker 8: Are there ways that you've seen that experience like show itself on the field. You know that that's any unique way all the football he's played.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean yeah that listen. I mean I've seen I've seen this guy do it because we've been his opponents so many times. I was just I would just appreciate it being on the other sideline the last few games. But example would be the play where we ran a drill play, which is a kind of a downhill gap skim gap scheme, a gap play that can bounds. He took it and then right away took it to the edge and got around the corner, got the first down.
Speaker 3: I think gained about eleven yards to the left side of that play.
Speaker 2: I don't think too many backs were seeing that develop as quickly as he did. He's run that play a lot in his career, and for him to take the hand off, take about a step, and then take it right outside and know he was going to get it probably an example what you're talking about right there.
Speaker 1: Next up is quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 12: Do you think victory in three was the boost that then the whole team needed as a confidence for the next appointings?
Speaker 4: Uh? I believe we just did what we were supposed to do.
Speaker 13: You know, we're always trying to get a win, especially in this league any given Sunday. But you could say that, I believe you could say that, you know, gave us a boost or to to get the ball rolling.
Speaker 4: Well, was it.
Speaker 7: Frustrating having Dallas come back like that and then for a second week real giving.
Speaker 6: All the sports and fought forth.
Speaker 13: I I believe when when another team's scoring and we really we just getting off the field and not helping our defense out, that's the frustrating part.
Speaker 4: You know, It's like, man, we gotta do something too.
Speaker 13: We can't just let another team but like they just steam rolling and make a comeback, cause it's been happening in the past, and we wasn't trying to let that happen again.
Speaker 6: How do you flap down and stop that from.
Speaker 13: Happening or continue to put points on the board, you know, continue to move the ball. I don't really try to look at it like just keep the clock rolling, you know, But if anything, try to make that happen too, but tryna put points on the board.
Speaker 1: Wal What do you like the most about, uh, these primetime games at at at home.
Speaker 5: You know you wear the black George.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of kind of dactual selling along with it. But what do you like the most about?
Speaker 13: It was just the crowd atmosphere, you know, just hitting the flock, you know, just seeing all black throughout the crowd. And then it's like you can't ask, you can't escape, like it's hard that scape. It's I it's something, it's I'm about it, man, I can't really describe it.
Speaker 4: Like the dark side winning in.
Speaker 13: Baltimore, all of them, I love winning, go back to just saying playing me down on things and so forth.
Speaker 5: Ref the you know, examples of you beating both leader and so forth.
Speaker 3: Kind of more and more.
Speaker 4: Curious with this.
Speaker 3: Why when Marlow did.
Speaker 5: His Instagram story, he told him obviously, look, we gotta get right and you you seem to want to shut that conversation down pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: What was why?
Speaker 5: Why did you react in that way?
Speaker 4: You know, Marlow gonna be Marlowe.
Speaker 13: I just didn't want the camera on me at the time, you know, because he noticed.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, I'm all about winning and I like to.
Speaker 13: I don't want to say winning style, but I just want to when we're up, I just want.
Speaker 4: To punish people. I just want to.
Speaker 13: I just want to get out of there with a dub, you know, clear minded, you know, just we got things to Rico on. It's always gonna be Thans to rincone, no matter if you beat a team Ford it or nothing, twenty two to twenty six over twenty eight to twenty six. But it's like, I ain't want to kill him, Like that's my brother, you know. I know he gonna do what he do. But it's like, man, not right now. I'm you know, I'm gonna little ticked off. Like how the game went, that's all.
Speaker 5: So would you say, you guys gotta get right? What does that look like to you?
Speaker 13: Just playing raven football, pointing points on the board. Those guys on the other side of the our defense, you know, just stopping people, and it's like, man, the the the Raiders didn't take their foot off their next That's pretty much how I look at look at games with.
Speaker 6: Us lamar Uh.
Speaker 7: Tom Brady get nicknamed you the eraser on Sunday or your ability to kind of make it was on a busted play and look like and you able to pick up some of y'alls and just your ability, I guess to to.
Speaker 6: Fix things even when they're going wrong. I'm wonder you like the nickname. And we know how you feel about Tom Brady and his career.
Speaker 7: What does it fit mean to you to continuously hear him applaud your game?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 13: Like I said, that's the goat man, that's the only guy in the league with seven Super bowl well not in the league, but like former player, one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game with seven Super Bowls.
Speaker 4: And for him to give me a nickname that you racing? How he?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 4: What judge my game? It's it's just dope. It's dope for me to hear.
Speaker 8: Why is there a part of you that relishes You know, you're not playing against Josh Allen, but what playing in these kind of games where it's two elite quarterbacks squaring off on the same field.
Speaker 6: Is there a part of you that religious matchups?
Speaker 15: And if so, what is it?
Speaker 13: I really to be honest, I really don't care you know who out there playing.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to I'm just trying to get a win.
Speaker 13: That's all I'm doing, just doing what I can do, uh with my ability to help my team getting a win, call them. So I approached those games just like any other games, like I always see.
Speaker 14: Watching the game Monday night and and you see what the Bills are are doing in real time.
Speaker 6: Just kind of how were you reacting to processing?
Speaker 13: I didn't watch that game, so I don't really have an answer for you, but uh, watching film, see you said real time. I I don't know, cause I wasn't watching the game, but from film, those guys are what I've always seen, you know, flying around, create secondary, great f front, great backers. You know, they just they played smash my football. That's what I do see on film.
Speaker 1: And sure you saw the Donlinitchell talking about you guys in college together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw.
Speaker 1: What do you remember about these dunk contests that used to have with the basketball?
Speaker 13: I used to know how to dunk like I used to be. I used to be all right, I'm not gonna say I was done even metal with the dunk. So I wasn't winning no contests or anything like that. Because freshman year I seen him. I seen him like throwing ally to himself. You know, I'm just going off momentum. It's like I'm I'm just hype just seeing it, you know, my first time like meeting him and stuff, the basketball players and I just threw.
Speaker 4: One off the wall and I caught it. I was just pump. I'm like, okay, I got a little bounce and stuff like that. But just just uh, she and brow all the success he's had.
Speaker 13: Man, It's it's dope to see from us just being freshman and not just him.
Speaker 4: It was like asia we had. It was a lot of a lot of guys in.
Speaker 13: Girls, you know, just coming together and we were just made something out of little well little Ben had a name, but we just made our place in Louisver. So It's is dope and it was dope for him to experience. Tell that story too. Last time, I don't I don't know, probably a couple of years ago. Uh Anthony training when I train is he'd be telling me like going there dunk he remember I used to be.
Speaker 4: Slamming, but I haven't done it in a while. I might try.
Speaker 13: Last time I tried, I got yeah, I might try. Last time of that, I got like real stuff, probably.
Speaker 4: Because of weight umber one hand dunkle or left or right handed. Kind of go back to Bryan's question.
Speaker 10: I know you're you're really not focused on playing against Josh Allen, but it's kind of a an opportunity for people to kind of look at you guys and and see what quarterbacks stack up. Does that conversation become annoying or you sort of like checked out of it?
Speaker 13: How do you react to It's gonna always be that way, I believe long as we're in the league. So I really don't know how people judge it, what people may say. I'm just going out there trying to get a dog.
Speaker 4: That's all a la.
Speaker 8: Don't lot of running backs make the year nine like Garrickson right now? Yeah, are there ways that you've seen that experience that he has. It's it's pretty unique to show itself on the field.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 13: I believe they got something going around with like how he eat and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So I believe they that's.
Speaker 13: Playing a part and how that God works man in practice, I believe I said it before, like he don't like to mess up. You know, it could be something like it could be like it was my fault I wanna say it was my fault.
Speaker 4: He could be No, I'm not gonna do this.
Speaker 13: Better, like all right, you know, but that's great to see from a guy like him, and all if he's established in the league.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a guy who wanted to be great and he's proven that. So that's dope.
Speaker 9: The TV cameras and Sundays Game cast you being a.
Speaker 4: Little and right over there, and.
Speaker 9: The TV cameras got you venting a little bit of frustration with the rest. What was it one call, a series of calls that kind of got you miffed a little a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't.
Speaker 13: I wasn't mad at the rest. You know, the rest gonna do their job. They're doing their job. Whatever they see, man, they're gonna they gonna call it if they're not. They only got two eyes, man, they can't see everything. You know, it's probably holding, it is probably all type of things happening to every play.
Speaker 4: But you know, I'm like, man, just stop cheating us. But I wasn't talking to him.
Speaker 13: I'm just talking like just out in the world, you know, playing football, trying to winning.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 15: We always saw you being featured at the GQ Sport.
Speaker 12: How was for you that experience to be a model in the magazine.
Speaker 4: I never thought I'd be on GQ modeling at all day, but it was. It was dope, man.
Speaker 13: It was a dope experience, and I appreciate GQ for just having me a part of dope.
Speaker 1: We also heard from outside linebacker Kyle van Noyt, who has four sacks in his last two games.
Speaker 6: What's kind of the challenging going against Josh Allen and.
Speaker 4: Kind of his kind of unique skill set.
Speaker 16: I mean, we could be here all day talking about it. Just an incredible player that's playing at such an extremely high level. I think him and Brady the oc calling the plays. They're in sync right now, and they have a great pulse of their offense with their identity, and they're doing an extremely good job of just getting everybody involved. That's kind of the biggest difference that I've seen is there's not one person you can be like, Oh, you gotta stop this person or that person. It's oh, you gotta have all eleven guys be locked in every single play because the quarterback's playing really, really well, and the guys that he has empowered around him are playing really really good football. They're just a really good football team. Their O line is extremely discipline and play as a unit, one of the best in the League's coach McDermott does a really good job as a head coach, and you know, they're just playing really good and that's why they're three and zero.
Speaker 12: Is there added pressure on the outside linebackers knowing that Josh is statisically the best quarterback of the season against the Blitz, so I.
Speaker 6: Knowing that you guys have to get home before as this time home.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's a good question. I think whatever the call is, you got to do your job at the end of the day, you know. I obviously I can't sit up here and say the game plan, you know, but if your number is called, when it's a Blitz, you got to get home. And if it's to be rush for or rush three or whatever it is, you got to do your job to be able to get back there and affect the quarterback. And guys just got to be sticky on their coverage and rush and cover together and hopefully find some success with that.
Speaker 2: Now you talk here before about your role and how it sits you.
Speaker 1: Well, Ar's getting up to the passer, and so this year, actually you've been out of role. What is it that's working?
Speaker 16: Honestly, I I'm going to go back to what I always say. I take it very personal that I wasn't on a football team last year. I'm always trying to prove that I can play each and every year at a high level. I've goals and dreams that I'm always chasing. And you know, I feel like I've been underrated my whole career, and I'm just going to continue to work. And I feel like I've done that in the off season. I've done that while I'm here. Harbaugh has done a great job of and Zo of helping me, you know, continue to develop as a leader and empowering me to be more of a leader. So I just appreciate everything they've done to me since I've been here and just continue to help the team win. But I just have this chip on my shoulder that's probably never going to go away.
Speaker 10: What have the conversation has been like when you can have these like great starts the past two weeks and been so good against the run, but then obviously in the fourth quarter just giving up more than I'm sure you guys want when you come out of a win like that and guys still won the game, have the conversations been more positive? Are you guys still kind of looking at what isn't happening for this defense and trying to work on that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's a good question. I think when we talked about it earlier in the week, you want to go through those things. But we're already on Wednesday and we're focused on Buffalo, so you know that chapter is closing it. We're on to another chapter of Buffalo Bills, who is extremely good team, and you know, we prepare all week to correct correct those mistakes to make sure they don't happen again. And we're going to continue to look at it, grind grind it out on the football field, in the film room, and continue to try to put the best version of our team out on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, whatever day we play.
Speaker 11: Like Stinkly Recall last year, I think you came in before week four, correct, I.
Speaker 16: Think that this would have been the first game. Yeah, first game I would have played. Yeah, way, he's trying to do the same thing.
Speaker 11: What are the challenges of sort of picking up the defense and balancing that and making.
Speaker 16: Sure you're in game shape and yeah, you guys are asking good questions today. Another good question. I think for him, he's probably has a little more uh. He he has a little advantage because he's been here, right, he knows the building, the people. Obviously, some people change and you know, players change, and defensively not positive, but I feel like there's a little bit of a positivity that he's been in this he's been here before, so I think that knowing that helps out a lot. And I think just him focused and being ready to go, and seems like he is hat way already. He's looking good out there, and you know, I think he's just going to continue to put his head down and work and if he gets that opportunity, I think he's going to make the most of it.
Speaker 6: God, what's the.
Speaker 17: Big challenge of getting Josh Allen to the ground When you do get that opportunity? Arm chapelis clearly you're not gonna cut it with him. But when you're preparing during the week and then even during the game, what do you focus on to make sure that you can Did you get that opportunity get him on the ground?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think it's similar to Dereck Henry right, that you've kind of heard around the league that is very difficult, and I think it's kind of similar to that. You got to do scratch, crawl, fight, do anything you can to get him on the ground. He's tough to do. I think they're one of the best teams at past probably believe they're top one or top two, and you just got to do everything you can to get him on the ground. And it just takes a team effort, like I said earlier about the Russian coverage to be able to you know, hold disguises and all that goes into play of getting them down. So it takes all eleven.
Speaker 5: Back to back games with two sex.
Speaker 10: Have you ever been on the heater like.
Speaker 5: This in your career?
Speaker 16: I mean, I always feel like I'm on a heater, Honestly, I I'm not even worried about that that that's all gonna come. I mean, I feel like I'm just wanting to be disruptive, be a game wrecker, and like I said earlier, like coach Harps, Zeo, Chuck Smith, Matt All just empower me to continue to play my game. And I really appreciate Harps doing that. And you know I do, just because everywhere it's different, and he's done a great job with continue to empower me to play my game, and Chuck Smith and Matt and z O just kind of just letting me loose and you know, doing my job, but just continue to make plays. So it's been it's been fun, and I appreciate having coaches doing that for me.
Speaker 10: Was talking to us earlier just about how special can feel when you have two.
Speaker 9: Quarterbacks as as great as.
Speaker 15: Lamar and And and Josh Allen up against each other all those years with Tom as your quarterback, did you ever feel like a special energy leading up to.
Speaker 9: You know, a game where you knew it was going to be sort of.
Speaker 10: Two of the best going head to head or is that more of an after the game thing?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean I always respect matchups, right, I've I've been very fortunate. I think I'm five games off of one hundred and fifty games played, and I'm very excited hopefully that happens. Yeah, No, I'm I'm not at all. I'm just looking at it where I've been able to see a lot of these cool matchups and you know, I got to be on the field with Tom as my quarterback and Aaron going against Aaron Rodgers like that, that was a special one. So yeah, it does. I love football. I'm kind of like you guys in a way, like media as well as fans, right, so I enjoy that kind of nostalgia. I hope that's the right word. And you know, I think it's an awesome opportunity and I think the young guys will look back on it when they're done playing kind of like I will and be like, man, I got to play with those two young guys because they're still young Josh and Lamar is still young. And see where they're at ten years from now or five years from now, and see what they're doing. I think it's it's awesome and it's going to be special to be their Sunday Night at the Bank.
Speaker 1: In the locker room today, we heard from safety Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 15: Oh, I know the season, especially for you guys in the secondary, hasn't gone as well as you.
Speaker 6: Would like to early one.
Speaker 13: They guys kind of feel that going against the Josh Allen for prime time maybe this you know, the second King show kind of.
Speaker 6: What you guys really are making up back there.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think this week is a great week for us to prove ourselves. It's also every week in this league. You know, everybody's good, and everybody can throw for three ordred plus yards on you if you allow them to. So I think it's less just more so being consistent and being consistent out here in practice and the carrying over to the field, communication, execution, all that stuff, which I know we're more than capable of.
Speaker 6: What what's kind of.
Speaker 11: Question you most about?
Speaker 4: You know you get Josh, you all them? What kind of pushups about?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 14: Probably just his belief in himself just not even throwing the ball that included obviously, but just his belief that he's gonna make a play out of nothing. And say somebody misses the block, he can escape out of a sack, doesn't matter who's rushing him. He can escape a dB or do arman and then roll to his left and fire the ball sixty yards downfield on a rope. So that's obviously impressive. And I think in addition to that confidence he plays with and confidence kind of it's contagious for that team and he's pressed to watch and then he's a good player.
Speaker 4: He's really irruscating all the word like that. When he used to put it out it was his break twig windows.
Speaker 16: I mean it wasn't like you know, guys like it's frustrating when you kind of feel like you're you're.
Speaker 6: Playing to play very well and it's still doesn't have success.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean it happens. You know, we're in a league where when guys on the other side get paid millions of dollars too, So I mean they're they're good. We're good, and you're gonna have big man plays like that. Sometimes sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't, and it's just part.
Speaker 4: Of the league.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What what do you like the most about this?
Speaker 1: This atmosphere night game, Black Jersey's all the kind of theatrics to go along with that.
Speaker 14: Uh sleep in, it's nice, Uh sleep in. It just kind of just chill during the day and have plenty of time get your mind focused for the game. But I think it is a little cool, a lot cool when we run out of the tunnel, and honestly, when Lamar runs out of the tunnel and it's a night game, he's got the tower and everything, it's pretty cool to see the crowd get hyped and you know, on their lights and Black Jersey kind of feels a little different, so I'm excited to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: We also heard film wide receiver or shot baitman.
Speaker 4: Getting you're getting the end zone for the first time this year.
Speaker 14: Just kind of take me through just what happened on the play and just kind of how you how you're feeling when you're coming out the balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dove down.
Speaker 18: You know, I was one on one with the safety, made a move on him. Lamar found me and you know there was your.
Speaker 3: Guy that you comprise yourself on the route running.
Speaker 18: You go back and watch the film and you see kind of what you were able to do at dB right there.
Speaker 4: Just kind of a no, no, no.
Speaker 12: You take pride in you know your route running, so when you see you go back and watch.
Speaker 4: The film, definitely a lot. You know, I'm proud of the route.
Speaker 18: You know, it's a lot of work that you know that goes in, you know, to make that the splash of a play.
Speaker 4: But you know, I man shout out to Lamar.
Speaker 18: For trusting me. The trust is there, so hopefully we keep building off.
Speaker 1: That off kind of rolling like that in the first half.
Speaker 18: Just how good did that feel compared to kind of what having the first couple of games to be rolling the way you were in the first definitely feel good to get some you know, get a drive going and you know put a couple of drives together. As a offense, we definitely needed that, you know, you know, to uh build out of confidence. You know in these next couple you know games coming up, so hopefully we can continue to build off that is it.
Speaker 17: Tough as a receiver though, in a game where you're doing where they run the ball so much, and that the past opportunities or as few as they are, just then you gotta go out there just block your ass off and then when your time come to be ready.
Speaker 6: For you sound like y.
Speaker 4: You definitely gotta be a team player.
Speaker 18: You know, everybody know a receiver wants to have the ball and you know wanna help the team win. But you know sometimes you know, when you got Keen here and running the ball, you gotta block for him. So we definitely are selfish in that way to block for him.
Speaker 4: What do you mean to.
Speaker 1: Get the post game recognition for coach Hardball?
Speaker 18: You know, I mean a lot.
Speaker 4: You know I've been here four years.
Speaker 18: I think that's you know, my second game Ball so hopefully many more to come, but you know, definitely mean uh meant a lot, you know, to hear the team say that, Coach Harp said that, and yeah, it definitely feel good to have a a win.
Speaker 1: But what do you think is the key for this offense? You know, you guys are kind of rolling, especially early in this game. To to build off of that and continue that move forward.
Speaker 18: I just think we gotta continue, you know, to come in here every day, you know, show assistancy and everything that we do. You know that definitely translate, you know on the field. I think last week we had our our best week of practice, you know, uh when stay all the way up into the game.
Speaker 4: So and we had to know one today. So we gotta k uh continue to build off that.
Speaker 1: What does it mean when you you have you you're playing on a primetime game, You're going to get against one of the best teams in the league.
Speaker 6: Ha.
Speaker 1: How does all that kind of affect them? The mentality, the mindset going into a game.
Speaker 18: It don't really affect you know, our mentality. But you know, we just shared those moments, you know, playing you know, primetime games at nighttime, wearing all black for me, you know, that's my favorite you know, you know uniform that work, so definitely looking forward to take us to them.
Speaker 17: But when you run through the tunnel at that point and we're it's just going insane and we're in your favorite uni, just put.
Speaker 6: Take us to that moment.
Speaker 18: I mean, it's definitely, you know, a surreal feeling, you know, playing in the NFL. You know, hear in the crowd, all those motions that runing through your body. You know, I definitely shared those moments. You know, I dreamed of it since I was a kid.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens will take the Field Wild Sunday against the Buffalo Bills is a primetime game on Sunday Night Football eight twenty kickoff. It's our Darkness Falls game. The team's going to be in those all black uniforms. We're asking fans to wear black as well, and make sure you're in your seats by eight o'clock for this one. That's it for me here on the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Make sure you hit that subscribe button and we'll be back with you again tomorrow