Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Gatty. I'm strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Now, some of you may know me as a stand up comedian and from my appearances on Roast, but I am not here to roast to tonight.
Speaker 2: I want you to know that. And how could I really You're all so famous, so talented, so powerful. I mean, you could really do.
Speaker 1: Anything, I mean except tell the country who to vote for.
Speaker 2: But it's okay, you'll you'll get him.
Speaker 1: Next time if there is one.
Speaker 2: I'm scared. It's all lord.
Speaker 4: She took a little gentle jab at them, but then said, you're right about everything, and I love you.
Speaker 5: Accept me.
Speaker 6: Canadian Nikki Glazer hosting the Whatever Awords show that was last night doesn't even matter.
Speaker 2: It's hard to wrap your head.
Speaker 6: Around how these things used to matter to people. And when the bubble popped, man, it popped big and hard.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, It's funny how things can go so fast.
Speaker 6: Now, we thought that was happening with the NFL a couple of years ago, that that bubble had popped, and it looked like it might have for a variety of reasons, but man, it's back bigger than it's ever been now after yesterday, and the playoffs are set and they start this weekend. So somehow that made it comeback. Was that mostly driven by all the kneeland for the national anthem stuff, because at the time it was, well, that's part of it, but also people have so many entertainment options. Well clearly that was while it is true, not much of a factor because the NFL has come back with the same number of entertainment options out there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the thing with the NFL is that their claim was this is a crazy entertaining sport to watch, which is true, and then the woke crap and the politics interfered with the fun of watching it. But then they bounced back, I think with a Hollywood crowd. Their claim was we're so perceptive and wise, you should listen to us on every topic. The claim wasn't, hey, movies are super entertaining because they, you know, often are. It was this whole inflated we're super people thing that got that got people deflated. I mean, seriously, if you're at a holiday party, for instance, and I attended a couple. They were delightful because I was drinking at the time. If you have an orthodontist, a software sales guy, and an actor, and you're chatting with all three of them, and you're expressing your opinions on I don't know, Trump's new term or the economy or something like that, would you seriously be more interested in the actor's opinion than the orthodonist or the software guy? Not a buy not about if you are, why not about anything outside of perhaps movies.
Speaker 2: And fashion maybe, but not even sure about that. If the top if the topic of how do you prepare.
Speaker 4: For a movie roll came up, then yes, but virtually any other topic, why the hell would you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's pretty funny, but that clearly is true. So all we were off for two weeks and joke and explained, we're.
Speaker 4: Really really good at not working, by the way, I mean, I don't mean to brag, but I'm great at it.
Speaker 6: I was doing a different sort of work that I find harder than this job, which is being a parent. For two weeks and uh running around doing all the stuff of birthdays and Christmas and all that sort of thing. And came to work exhausted and now I'm finally getting a little bit of rest here for the first time in two weeks. But was travel around Washington, d C. You spent several days there and did all the sights seeing, did all the normal stuff. My kids had never been there, and my youngest really enjoyed it. He's a superhistory buff and everything and was really into it. My oldest clearly did not and was only being sort of polite, which I knew was a decent chance of that. I was going with the because I've had this own experience in my own life where I did a bunch of things as a kid that didn't mean necessarily much to me at a time at the time, but as a grown up means something to me. So I'm perfectly fine with them not digging it in the moment and thinking that someday they will. And I also know that it gives you a reference point for everything you're going to see the rest of your life about. Oh, Like you know, on the twentieth when you're watching the inauguration, you'll see the capital and you'll know where that is, and then you'll see a picture of the mall and all the people.
Speaker 2: And you'll know where that is.
Speaker 6: In relation to and when they show you the Supreme Court, you'll know, Okay, that's behind the Capitol over there.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like it gives you a helpful understanding of what's going on there.
Speaker 2: And the size of everything. I think it's helpful to see in person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was in interesting to me. It seemed pretty clear, and I've thought this my whole life. First of all, I don't understand y'all travel with little kids or babies.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. You know, do whatever you want.
Speaker 6: I'm not criticizing it, just I don't know how you enjoy it and they're not getting anything out of it.
Speaker 2: So I just I'm just amazed that you do it.
Speaker 6: The taking a couple of Really you're pushing a stroller with a two year old and the other one of you is holding a baby all around Washington, d C. Why But I mean you again, you enjoy it, so that's fine. And not saying there's something wrong with it. I just have tried that got nothing out of it. No knew the kids were not getting anything out of it.
Speaker 4: So I pass you can ask those people about that. I'm going to ask shops Christmas shops.
Speaker 5: With his dog. Guy? What's going on there?
Speaker 4: As we went to the big outlet malls, you know before Christmas Delaney and her boyfriend were in town.
Speaker 5: It was great fun. Huh. So's so cool.
Speaker 2: Although, by god, youngsters eat a lot.
Speaker 7: It's spectacular. It's like watching Lion Tar Harda and Pally. You just can't believe how much they're eating. And they stay thin anyway. Uh oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So we're at the outlet, Well, you got these people shopping with their dogs. I tell you what, honey, there's nothing I like more than a crowded shopping experience where I'm juggling packages and my feet hurt and I'm waiting in life.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I have a brainstorm.
Speaker 5: I know how we could complicate this.
Speaker 2: Let's bring an animal with its own needs.
Speaker 5: I just don't get.
Speaker 6: It right, and a tangent. I'm doing the weave here, I'm doing the Trump weave because things keep popping.
Speaker 2: In my head.
Speaker 4: And I am doing Trump dance, which I did a fair amount over the vacation.
Speaker 5: Anytime I was happy, I would do the Trump dance.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 6: The number of dogs in the airport and on the plane just spectacular, just spectacular.
Speaker 2: I thought they had cracked down on mat or.
Speaker 6: I assumed they were going to clearly not service animals, clearly just people who want to take their dog on a flight.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't really bother me. I've never had it.
Speaker 6: I've never had a moment where it's impinged on my happiness in any way whatsoever. So I'm not complaining from that standpoint. I'm just surprised that we allow it to happen.
Speaker 2: That, combined with the wheelchair crowd. So many people in.
Speaker 6: Wheelchairs I mean used to fly and there would be occasionally a flight with a person in a wheelchair, not always, and certainly not multiple. Now it's ten wheelchairs lined up every single flight, right because Southwest, Because a whole bunch of you figured out that gets you a good seat, or you get to get on first.
Speaker 2: And then, as Joe says, they're magically healed during the flight. It's a miracle. And there's like two wheelchairs on the other end when they get off the miracle flight. I've cured you, Yes, Katie Well, I.
Speaker 3: Was fascinated the last flight I took. They were all legit. It was a wheelchair basketball team.
Speaker 2: There was like them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if I can see you're actually missing legs, fine, but you you just don't want to walk.
Speaker 2: I can tell by looking at you. Man.
Speaker 6: I was sitting next to on one flight a baby, which I don't mind.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it all.
Speaker 6: If you've been a parent, the sound of a baby crying, I don't even notice it.
Speaker 2: I mean it like has no effect on me whatsoever.
Speaker 4: No, I just feel bad for mom and Georg dad, and I'm not near as concerned about it as they think I am.
Speaker 6: But God, there was a couple next to me. They had four kids under the age of five. I mean, a baby, a one and a half year old, a two and a half year old. I mean, it was just incredible, I thought. And they had the patients going they are doing a really good job. But I thought, you are really Whooh, that's a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'll never work that hard again in your life.
Speaker 2: That is something.
Speaker 6: But so to the people a sight seeing, there are so many people, and I've noticed this back, jeez, years ago. There are so many people at all tourist things I go to that clearly don't seem to be interested in it at all. And I always wonder, why are you here? Why are you here an art museum where people are just walking through, looking at their phones or talking. Why are you here? All the kids, almost every kid under the age well almost under every kid of any age actually. I saw occasionally a kid that was like super interested in because they're kind of a the kind of kid that's a history nut or an art nut or whatever. But the fast majority have no interest whatsoever.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Mom and dad said we're going, or the relative or friend who's into it said hey, I want to go to this, and you're like, all right, I'll go fine.
Speaker 6: But I saw many examples where the mom and or dad clearly weren't interested either, And I thought, why does so many people do this?
Speaker 4: I would like to hear an announcement, ladies and gentlemen, just a reminder, if you'd prefer not to be here, get the hell out so the people who are into this could enjoy it more. Again, if you're not into being here, please exit the building.
Speaker 6: I thought that at one point, I'm in the National Art Gallery or whatever it's called, one of the best art museums in the entire world. My kids weren't interested in going fine, they went to the hotel. I went by myself. It was like the best hour of my last three weeks. But I walked around and looked at art. But I thought that very thing. I thought, if you made an announcement right now, how many of you really don't want to be here? You can go if you want. I was guessing eighty percent of the people would leave. Wow, And I just wonder, why do you go? What do you do? You feel like you should? Is it so you can say you were there? Is it so you can get in the modern era? The picture do you put on your Instagram or or Facebook page?
Speaker 2: It shows you've been there, so it makes your life look interesting. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: But the one that bothers me the most. And Joe's got a famous story, Katie, you probably haven't heard it of. Was it Arlington Serum Cemetery where you yelled at a kid?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Arlington National? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I didn't go to Arlington National. Check it out another parents child? This correct him.
Speaker 6: This was a similar sort of thing, And again I just wondered what was going on there. We're at the World War Two Museum, which i'd never been to before because it's fairly recently built. We're at the World War Two outdoor monument thing, not museum lined door monument thing, and there's a couple of kids riding around on the inside portion of it where they got the freeze and the flowers and the quotes about all the men who men and women who sacrificed for our country and everything like that. Couple of kids riding around in the line scooters, just weaving in and out, riding around and stuff, everything like that. You're obviously not supposed to do that, even if there's no sign saying don't do that. I would think you would know you're not supposed to do that. And I was going to say something to the kids. I was thinking to you obviously and that you had done it, and I just couldn't contain my disgust with it.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, hey, this is a memorial to dead soldiers. Don't ride your scooters in here. Okay, go up there. But then I saw they got too far away from me. For one thing, I'm gonna walk way over there. And then Mom was with them walking along talking on the phone. So's she's walking around talking on her cellphone in the middle of the We're supposed to be honoring the dead soldiers of World War Two while her kids are riding around in scooters, And I thought, why are any of you here? I would just I would just love to know. As a psychology thing, I just I'm interested in why did you take the time to come to Washington, d C. Why did you come all the way over here? Why did you look up World War two memorial and bring your kids?
Speaker 2: What is your purpose? It's not the same as mine, obviously, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just think what you have is a dull with and her dull witted children taking what they could from what they heard was one of the most important places to go as a tourist. But as their wits are dulled, they could develop no appreciation for it. You can yell at your dog for failing to appreciate Shakespeare, but he's a dog.
Speaker 6: But right, if I don't like Shakespeare, I don't read it. If you don't care about the World War Two memorial, why would you go? I just, honestly like makes my head explode, wondering why I wanted to talk? Why are you here? You clearly have no interest. You're making it worse for everyone else. Why don't you just leave wouldn't you be happier. Wouldn't you be happier if you went to the the Nike store? Wouldn't that make you happier?
Speaker 4: I just think the halfwit enjoys being at the top of the Washington Monument and is amused to see the Capitol Building in the Lincoln Memorial because they've seen it on TV. But that's as deep as it goes. You're just not gonna get any more out of them.
Speaker 2: Hum hm.
Speaker 6: They should have like a couple of days a year for all tourist things of only people that actually want to be here. If you could have some sort of test for that, that'd be fantastic. We got more on the ways to hear. I'm gonna look at some of the texts from you people on uh, why do you go to tourist stuff?
Speaker 2: You have no interest in in? Your kids have no interest in? Why are you there?
Speaker 6: Text line four one nine five KFTC. I find that interesting.
Speaker 4: So this is a bit from a while back, but it's as relevant as ever. From the geniuses at the Bebylon B.
Speaker 5: Your word is woman?
Speaker 2: Can I have the definition?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Why don't you ask Judge one that question?
Speaker 5: Can I have the definition of women?
Speaker 2: Please? No, why not? The thing is a woman is there? A woman is?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 2: What she's trying to say is that each person gets to define for themselves what a woman is. So can you define it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Why? I just want to know the definition of women. And that makes you a hate for a little big at Lincoln.
Speaker 5: You know, I wish we had the whole thing, I really do.
Speaker 2: I like to tone that makes you I hate for a little big at Lincoln.
Speaker 4: But think of what percentage of society either when along with that, goes along with that insanity willingly or has like been browbeaten into silence.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Lot of different kinds of restrooms as I travel the country. Restaurants, hotels, airlines, whatever gotta have the gender neutral or both genders or something. Are they don't put a name on are You click on the buy the tickets for your airline and you get more than two choices for male or female? There's like five choices for some reason.
Speaker 4: Is there any other mental illness or quirk that we have institutionalized in our restrooms? Is there like an anxiety restroom where people who get to you know, on a gently or a depression restroom where you can, you know, spend a little time on your own, but then people reach out to you. Hey, I can see you're down there in that stall.
Speaker 2: Let's talk.
Speaker 6: If Southeast Airlines had just stuck with male and female when you're buying a ticket, would they gotten I mean back when the trans thing really had a head of steam. Would they had just gotten picketed and like really taken it in the shorts. Would there have been a boycott or would nothing have happened. I think nothing would have happened. I think you'd have suffered no penalty if you did. Just we're just gonna stick with male and female. I disagree, but I'm not confident. I think the.
Speaker 4: Legions of the woke, young, angry online types would have made.
Speaker 2: Their lives miserable.
Speaker 6: And your own employees, right, all your young employees would have wanted to quit and made a big deal out of it.
Speaker 4: Who've been indoctrinated from age five to twenty five in America's education system. So you know, I don't hate the young people. I just need to change their minds.
Speaker 6: Well, it go away at some point when you go to buy an airline ticket and it's back to just Mayland.
Speaker 4: Female will depends how much progress we can make in reforming our schools.
Speaker 2: I'll bet it goes working on it, that's my prediction.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it will because it's utterly unsuffortable by anything reasonable or factual or logical.
Speaker 2: Are you doing the seventy five hard to start the new year or not?
Speaker 1: Among other things on the link Armstrong and Getty, rising threats, the country is on edge after a deadly New Year's Day terror attack that investigators say was inspired by ISIS.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to play that again to this is like a semi New Year's resolution, not that Joe and I haven't been doing this for years anyway, The country's on edge. Do you know anybody who's actually on edge because of the terrorist attack in New Orleans? Yeah, it was an indication that Islamic terrorism is still a thing we need to watch out for. Blah blah blah this, But do you know anybody who's actually on edge, like actually more nervous sense last two Wednesday night, living their life differently or whatever the media tells us all these things. What's interesting, what we're scared about, what we're sad about, and it's just it just doesn't match up with the reality.
Speaker 4: Around you, right, I thought it was horrifying, sad, sickening, thought about Islam, Islamism, thought about losers, angry losers who latch onto extreme ideologies. Then we went off and lived our lives and I didn't think about it for a single second in various crowded places that I was now for a.
Speaker 2: Second right right right in Washington, nice lady told me I'm on edge.
Speaker 5: So I guess I'm on edge.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: May was just texting with my nieces, who assumed one of them got back to She lives in Boston and stilt Kansasity Airport. Not no flights till Wednesday, they're saying. So she went for a flight on Saturday night, not going to be a flight till Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That's a long time to hang out now.
Speaker 4: I went to mister point of order, mister chairman, it's a Monday as we're speaking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's two days hence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is historic by Midwest standards. In Washington, DC all closed down today, which you know is good. You can't can't steal your money. I flipped off the IRS building. I did, just like Homer Simpson did in the episode where they went to hear.
Speaker 2: It, boo, Homer thing.
Speaker 6: They went by the RS building and Homer stuck his head out the window.
Speaker 3: Boo.
Speaker 2: I flipped them off.
Speaker 6: And my hotel was right across from the Department of Education, and I wanted to tear it down. I wanted to go get a hammer and try to tear it down brick by brick.
Speaker 2: It's a very big, big building, and I thought it would take a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 6: Tried to explain it to the kids, how this doesn't even need to exist. Everything could be perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, it would be better if this didn't exist at all. Yeah, So Joe's doing dry January.
Speaker 2: What am I doing?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: I'm doing No Bake Goods twenty twenty five, among other things. Are you going to do well this? It says here, transform your life. Maybe you'd like to transform your life. Maybe you wouldn't transform your life in just seventy days with the seventy five hard which I guess has been around for a couple of years, but I hadn't heard about it till now. Because one of my nieces said she's doing the sixty medium. She made up her own list of how she's going to do it. This is the seventy five hard a tactical guide to Winning the War with your something or other. Before I get into some of it, what do you know about it, Katie?
Speaker 3: I know it's very difficult and it requires I think two workouts a day. You have to do one inside, one outside.
Speaker 4: You have to diet or here well right right right, yeah, yeah, yeah, you scare.
Speaker 6: You skipped right to the one that makes everybody say, well, never mind then, because on the list you go through some of them and you think I could do that. Drink a gallon of water per day. Okay, I'm not sure that it's going to do me any good, but whatever. Read ten pages of a self improvement book daily. If I get to choose the book, I can do that. Take a progress picture every day, okay, effortless, come up with a diet plan and follow it. Okay, kind of trying to do that. Two forty five minute workouts daily, one outdoors. Okay, well, what else can we do? Because that ain't gonna happen. That's why none of these fitness resolutions work. You take it way too far. You're not going to go to the gym and work out for an hour every day. You do it for a couple of days and you quit. You got a set modest two forty five minute workouts, Yeah, I got it. Even if you've got time, which I don't. Did be impossible. No way you're gonna do that consistently.
Speaker 3: And with the diet, there's no cheat meals and no alcohol for seventy five days. So forget your month of no alcohol, Joe, this is seventy five days.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: One of my good friends has for years and years, with almost no exceptions, he has and he's a drinking man. He's good at it. We've gone round and round. He drinks on New Year's Eve, he does not have another drink until Saint Patrick's Day in mid March, virtually every year.
Speaker 2: I admire it. I'm not sure I want to imitate it, but I admire it. Why does he do it? I said, physical.
Speaker 4: Health, emotional health, doesn't want to be dependent on alcohol. I guess same reason. I do it for a little while. He just takes it a lot further. He's in good shape too, for a guy of his age. But and then we have another a friend, actually a great mutual friend, who when confront he's a Southern guy. When confronted with that news, he said, I haven't taken that long a break since I was eleven, So it's a different way to approach life. But interestingly, in contrast to the hard seventy five, in the medium sixty and the leisurely thirty, we might have.
Speaker 5: Something to talk about.
Speaker 4: My daughter, my beloved twenty five year old who just today headed back to law school. Is she's using a nudgeword, which I would have mocked were my beloved daughter not doing it. And there's a piece in the Washington Post and they have a graphic that you people unveiling their nudge word, which includes ease, pivot, wonder, pause, and bliss.
Speaker 2: You got to back up a second. Is this a term, I know, nudgeword? What does a nudgeword?
Speaker 5: Well, you're about to and I apologize.
Speaker 4: A nudgeword can help you clarify your goals. It can symbolize your values, help you set intentions and guide your actions in most, if not all, areas of your life. How do you want to be or feel? For instance, do you want to be more playful, balanced or compassionate?
Speaker 2: Playful?
Speaker 5: Yes, I want to be more playful.
Speaker 2: Who starts a new year. You know what I'm gonna be in twenty five? Playful, more playful.
Speaker 5: You know, I would not phrase it like that.
Speaker 4: I could definitely see somebody, perhaps me, saying, you know, I gotta stop worrying about crap that doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: You got to lighten the hell up about a lot of stuff. So I get it.
Speaker 4: Interestingly, though, my daughter's word that she keeps trying to remind herself of is sustainable and not like in the environmental grita Tunberg bullcrap way. But she's telling herself, look, don't start an exercise plan you can't possibly sustain.
Speaker 2: I've always been going to diet that you can't live with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've always been big on that, and I think that is a good idea, or you know, any kind of regimen.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, start with something you could actually do right right, Start small, see how it goes. Increase a little bit. But and look, I've done the iron willed weight loss fitness thing a couple of times and it's worked, but it's not sustainable.
Speaker 6: Right, And it's it's the problem with sustainable is it's so slow. You know you're gonna lose weight, but it's gonna come off really slow, but it'll come off and stay off and people want or at the very lace, you'll maintain Yeah anymore, or you're gonna you know, you're you're gonna build muscle and look more fit. But it's gonna be real slow, and it's gonna take a while. But once you get there, it's a it's certainly nice. That's a good one. Pensive will be mine pensive. I'm gonna try to be.
Speaker 2: Overall more pensive in the new year.
Speaker 4: I think mine's vengeful. I'm gonna I'm gonna give people what they've earned.
Speaker 2: A Vengeful is your nudge word.
Speaker 4: People are gonna get what's coming to them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hit June July.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have not taken vengeance for a couple of weeks, and it's gonna be easy to give up.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna remind.
Speaker 4: Myself, Hey, this is my nudge work. Find somebody who's got it coming.
Speaker 2: Start small.
Speaker 6: Remember that time in high school when you did the thing to me, Well, here's here's your right.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just a store cl clerk who's road and as you walk out, you hurl a tomato, Adam, Start small, Start easy.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyway, sustainably vengeful. You want to hear a good one. It's a little heavy.
Speaker 4: Speaking of year ending slash beginning rituals about this dude. He's like an entrepreneur and investor. It doesn't really matter who he is. But every year at the end of the year, his birthday happens to be December thirtieth, which I think factors in.
Speaker 5: But he does a little vacation.
Speaker 4: Over the holidays like many of us do. Does does do we do? And he does what he calls his pre mortem. He imagines being on his deathbed. Wow, yeah, I know. I know this is heavy, and he gets into it. He really describes, like, I imagine my body old and fragile, my breathing shallow, my life energy almost extinguished, and I try to evoke the feelings I want to have in that moment, a sense of peace, completion, and most importantly self respect. Then I asked myself, what am I going to do now to ensure that when I reach that ultimate destination, I've done what I need to do, I will feel those things I want to feel on my deathbed.
Speaker 2: And then he sets goals for the year.
Speaker 6: You know, we have a boss who actually has a quote on his wall from of all people, Keith Partridge, David Cassidy, TV star of the seventies. You don't need to know, you don't need to know where you're going, you don't need to know who that is. But he was as big a star in America as you can get for a while. And on his deathbed he said, I think it was his last words, so much wasted time, And our boss has that on his wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a resentful, bitter, alcoholic. Yeah, clung to the past, and yes, so much wasted time.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. I don't I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think I have that to worry about it at this point, Mas, that's this guy's philosophy.
Speaker 2: What would your last words be?
Speaker 5: And what do you have to do to make them? Wow?
Speaker 2: You know what, it's been great as he sailed it. That's what I want my last words to be. Nailed it.
Speaker 4: He wants a sense of peace, completion and that look, my race is run.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 2: Good luck y'all. This is stressing me out. I know, big task.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I'll just summon my breath for one last boo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I'm gone take one last bit of vengeance.
Speaker 2: Michael, my last words will be pass me that pizza. Yeah, one more, one more more pizza.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was, you know, reading a book by a songwriter. Doesn't matter who, but he's he's big on the you know, try to create one new thing a day and how to do it.
Speaker 2: Of course, his job is writing songs. So we write songs.
Speaker 4: But nobody has ever on their deathbed said I wish I hadn't written that poem, or I wish I hadn't tried to unless it's you know, did something horrific, But go ahead and try and fail, don't don't you know, be next to this entrepreneur guy thinking why didn't I at least try? So there's my life affirming death, fearing deathbed positive philosophy for the year.
Speaker 6: You know, the whatever that thing was with having a nudge word grateful would be a really good one to to try to stay in.
Speaker 4: But of course for everything there must be a backlash, and that's the people who somehow are so swept up in crazes they've like taken that to an extreme and and like refuse to acknowledge things that needed to be fixed in their lives. What and so I've been reading lately there's the great the pressure to be grateful has now become so shut up.
Speaker 2: But some shot up shot.
Speaker 6: I gotta hurt.
Speaker 2: Trying to Yeah.
Speaker 4: I go into the office every day in my boss balls and I'm it's your work.
Speaker 6: I need a name I want I want the name of where you whoever I wrote that, you read that. I'm going there today. I'll get on a plane. I don't care if the weather's bad. Michael driving, I'm gonna choke.
Speaker 2: Them, and you'll take your vengeance.
Speaker 4: It's healthy.
Speaker 6: I'm going to punch that person right in the throat. That is the most annoying. That is the single most annoying thing I've ever heard, certainly this year. You know what people take graceful to the danger of being too grateful.
Speaker 4: I can see the headline the right, Oh shut up, you nailed it. You nailed it, and Katie I can probably get an amen out of you. See what the bitter old man doesn't understand is this stuff is so much more a part of young women's worlds, Oh yeah, than dudes. It's like they tell this anecdote. It's actually pretty funny. I don't see if I can find it. Woman's walking through the store and they got a display of like dish towels, and the dish towels are emblazoned gratitude. And this woman's comment is, all right, now, even my dish towels are badgering me.
Speaker 2: These things become such a craze. Oh yeah, in a ways.
Speaker 4: But you know, I hear stuff like that and I think, yeah, whatever that's for you, goodbye. I'm busy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's a good idea, but if you got it on your towels, I don't know. For whatever reason, it's just a little too much for me. We will finish strong next.
Speaker 2: Yo, yo, yo, good to be back. Twenty five gonna be a big year for the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: In what sense.
Speaker 6: We did sign a new contract which we haven't mentioned, so we are going to be around for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A headful of new stations coming online too, which is nice. Anyway, I was gonna talk about that in my final thoughts, so I'll jump to this and we cover this in depth during our two of the show. If you missed it, grabbed the podcast Armstrong and Getty on the band. In fact, you ought to subscribe. But there's that big announcement while we were on vacation from the Surgeon General that we really ought to have a warning on alcohol, any alcoholic beverage because any level of alcohol consumption can lead to a greater chance of cancer, and blah blah blah, even moderate alcohol use. There's no safe level of consumption.
Speaker 5: Blah blahlah.
Speaker 4: And the coverage was about as in depth as that blah blah blah. But if you actually look at the numbers involved, and I'm, as I said earlier, particularly interested in this because I drink on a more or less daily basis, although I am currently not. The increase in risk for moderate drinking is teeny tiny. For women consuming less than a drink per week, a non drinker, the absolute risk of developing an alcohol related cancer is around seventeen percent. It's not clear to me seventeen percent of what of all people anyway, That risk increases to about twenty two percent for women consuming two drinks a day, an increase from seventeen to twenty two right. For men, the risk increases from ten to thirteen percent. And among moderate drinking, which is all the people were talking about, there may be a link, may be they can't even nail down that.
Speaker 5: It's definite.
Speaker 2: You're a heavy drinker.
Speaker 4: You're risking a softage, eal mouth and throat cancer, among other things.
Speaker 5: Don't be a heavy Drinker's thoughts down strong, It's.
Speaker 2: Down strong. You're ready with Katie Green. And that's good strong. That's awesome. That is awesome. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody in the crew to kick off the year. There is our technical director pressing the buttons again, the faithful Michelangelow I called final thought. My new Year's resolution is to find joy wherever I can, even in the littlest things.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna work on that. Good for you. That's a great one. Joy.
Speaker 4: There you go, Beautiful Katie Green or esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 3: I am rocking the new Armstrong and Getty Adidas hoodie and it is by far the most comfortable sweatshirt I own right now.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, it rocks a delightful lightweight hoodie. Yes, Jack. A final thought for.
Speaker 6: Those of you doing dry January, it's gonna be interesting to find out. So you don't drink and you wake up and you think Wow, I feel so much better not drinking or are you gonna wake up and think so this is what I actually feel like. I was blaming it on the drinking. This is just what it feels like to be me. Well, that's really disappointing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once again, that has been my takeaway. Slightly better in some ways, definitely better, but not a lot better. My final thought is this year, we're gonna have fun. We're gonna tell you the truth. Because there aren't a lot of people who do that. There aren't a lot of organizations that do that. That's not what they're about. We will do it, I promise.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 5: So many people.
Speaker 2: Thanks a little time.
Speaker 5: Go to Armstrong and getdy dot com.
Speaker 4: Go to the shop, get your self that ang T shirt to sweatshirt to kick off the year. Drop us a opemail bag at Armstrong and geeddy dot com. Subscribe to the podcast yep, and.
Speaker 2: We will see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 5: It's simple.
Speaker 2: They love each other absolutely, There's no doubt in my mind. It is what it is. Yeah, how do you know?
Speaker 5: I know? I talked to him.
Speaker 2: You don't you think it's a little eye. Oh what the hell are you talking about.
Speaker 6: I haven't said a word, so stop yelling at me.
Speaker 2: When it comes on for you to go, you'll have to go.
Speaker 4: I should by, And on that possibly nightmare inducing notes, Thank you very
Speaker 2: Much, Armstrong and Getty.