Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. The hard hitting football action is even better with Prize Picks. The weather might be changing, but the feeling of being right never gets old. So keep the season rolling with Prize Picks by getting fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. We are in the pick of football season and some of y'all might be feeling down, but don't worry. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. We gave a football with something special. Drake may is gonna be special, and Saquan went crazy against his old team more and more and more, and for all you basketball fans, welcome to the fund on Prize Picks. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just picked more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in Prize Pick offer injury reboots. If your player leaves the game in the first half and doesn't return, Prize Picks won't count it other loss. Feel sorry for our guys scattaboo out there. Download the Prize Pick app today use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watch the Baltimore Ravens run their record to three and five with a twenty eight sixth victory over the Miami Guppies, who falled two and seven. No one should be surprised by this given how well Lamar Jackson has played against the Dolphins. Why would you pick against them with him in the starting lineup playing that team. But nevertheless, my partner did pick the Guppies and he's wrong again.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite K Shannon Sharp, and he is my partner in co host Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Artery Matting and radio's adjuster, a former pro bowler and an All Pro. He's also his hometime team, the Guppies, that is Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favor go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. Thank you, each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and word of not mouth for the support that you've given Nightcap for two and a half years. We could not have done this without you, and we'll continue to climb even higher because of you.
Speaker 2: So again, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Make sure you check out my shade by Laportier Laportierkanyak dot com. Now if you cannot find it in a state or siting near you, order it online and we'll ship it directly to your door. It is the best tasting premium BSP Kangyak on the market. Try it for yourself, Compare it against other premium b sop kanyaks and let me know what you think. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Make sure you go check out my media company on all of his platform Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: We have Commani Vadale joining us and Ice war Vessel joining us a little later today, little to later tonight. Excuse me, but the game that you just watched. Lamar Jackson threw for four touchdowns. Three went the tight ends. Mark Andrews called two, Kohler called another one, and then he found scrambled and found Raseean Bateman on another touchdown. Deck Henry nineteen rushes one hundred and nineteen yards back to being the Dereck Henry that we all know and love. But I thought Lamar Jackson in four weeks, five weeks of his absence, he came back into the ball really really well tonight eighteen of twenty three, two hundred and four yards, four touchdowns, no interceptions. He did. He was sacked two times, but the Ravens didn't turn the ball over and they forced the Dolphins to turn it over. And when you have a situation like that team like Baltimore, you cannot turn the ball over against him and give them short fields because bad things gonna happen with that quarterback in that running back. And I thought, I thought overall as a team, O Joe, I thought they played really well. But I thought Lamar Jackson was really crisp in his return to the.
Speaker 3: Fact that he was able to miss as many games as you did to come back and look like he never missed a beat. He was efficient in the pocket, extending plays, you know, hitting tight ends. The play calling was really well, was really good. I was curious to see when he had to scramble, when he had to move and make it, make sudden movements and be twisty, it would it affect him? Would he still be.
Speaker 1: He wasn't trying to do that, Joe. He wasn't trying to do because there's some times he could have scrambled us in the.
Speaker 3: Middle, but you can tell he was comfortable. When he did have to take off the run, he was able to do so. And so that lets me know his hand fringer is good. They have what almost ten days off where he can rend and you can get itself back fully healthy all the way to one hundred percent. But you gotta understand that eighty five ninety Lamar Jackson is still very, very very good quarterback, still top three in the NFL right now.
Speaker 4: Outside of it, I'm upset and I.
Speaker 2: Have why are you saying I have a student.
Speaker 3: I have to I have to stop doing this chat and this this this is for y'all. I just want to apologize to all the Ravens fans that are that are in the chat.
Speaker 4: I have to do something. I have to stop betting with my heart.
Speaker 2: I have to start.
Speaker 4: I got to stop betting with my heart.
Speaker 3: I have to, you know, start using my mind and and understanding where teams are.
Speaker 4: Now. I was, I was, I was, I was.
Speaker 3: I was fooled by last week performance by the Dolphins and thinking that momentum would carry on into this week.
Speaker 4: Was why was it? Why I was so high in regard.
Speaker 3: To thinking that they would win this game with Lamar Jackson coming back even though it was his first game, even though he's played well against the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: But he was No, he's played great.
Speaker 1: No other quarterback has ever played this well against an opponent like he's place.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, but he had missed games, so I thought he would be maybe a little rusty.
Speaker 4: Maybe the maybe the play call of winder.
Speaker 3: Ben Is is as efficient as he looked tonight.
Speaker 4: Maybe the running game might not might not have been good.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen Derrick Curry run the ball like this tonight as as of to day yet you know, this season, so I thought, you know, the chances might have been in the dolphins favor if they can perform not turn the ball over and too it can be the tour he was when they played Atlanta Falcons last week, you know, and in the words of a very good friend of mine, Sweet Jesus, my dog brother McKinnie, I just I don't know what else to do. And then from now on, for the rest of the season, I will be betting with common sense and choosing teams that I like, that I like and know we're going to win the game no matter what.
Speaker 1: You don't know, but you know that the Guppies weren't gonna win. You out there betting on Twitter making us look back list.
Speaker 3: Well, well, technically it's my team. And when when your Ravens play, well they're not your Ravens. You was on there for two weeks.
Speaker 4: But when you're.
Speaker 3: Listen when you're Bronck, when you're Hey, when you when you're Broncos playing, when your Broncos played, that's your team, and you bet with them regards to who they're playing. When my Bengals played, I bet with them regards who I'm playing. When the Dolphins, you should be with Newis you stay with me a little bit right when the Dolphins play. People need to understand I am from Miami. I was born in Dade County. I'm come from a beautiful place. It's like the Caribbean. It's called Liberty City. I grew up in the forties all my life, born in nineteen sixty eight at Jackson Royal Hospital. That is where my love for the Dolphins come from. Because that's all I That's all I knew growing up as a child. So I still try to have that same leegiance towards unlearned.
Speaker 2: Huh, unlearned.
Speaker 4: I know it's hard though.
Speaker 2: You play.
Speaker 1: I didn't pick that up from Dick Sporting good. I didn't order that from NFL shop dot com.
Speaker 4: I'm a raving you play there for you play there for.
Speaker 1: Two years, years to two years, won five playoff games?
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 4: It's all right? I mean, y'all, I don't want game because of the defense. Not I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I didn't get. I didn't win the Super Bowl MVP. But I guarantee you my ring got just as many diamonds as Ray Lewis.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you I.
Speaker 1: Got I got a ring too, My my, my, my, my jersey number eighty two got a Super Bowl passed that says super Bowl x x X Norman normal five V, which means super Bowl thirty five. So I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 3: Listen, the cars you was there, that was for you. The cars I was there. I wasn't able to go to those Super Bowl I wouldn't. I wasn't able to host no trophy. I wasn't able to get no ring. I did all I could.
Speaker 2: To get there, you know, go ahead, go ahead, carry on.
Speaker 4: All I do I I could do to get there, you know.
Speaker 3: And and the words of my good brother on Instagram, Jay McKinney on sweet Jesus, I did. I did my job the best of my ability. It's a team game. I think I held up my end of the bargain.
Speaker 2: You hear me, Yeah, I think I held up my end of the bargain.
Speaker 4: You putting that up there like that's the real thing.
Speaker 2: Whoa, oh choe, it could be whatever I got them.
Speaker 4: You ain't the only one got your phone on. You ain't the only one got trophies.
Speaker 3: I might not have been able to get a trophy on the field, but I'm getting them off the field.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: What you're saying, What you're trying to do what you're trying to do? I mean he talk talk nice to me now, talk talk nice to me.
Speaker 4: On some of the mind nine some some of the mine over there too. Nine he chat?
Speaker 2: You got your hey.
Speaker 4: Chat, y'all? See the trophies? Are you seeing plaques? You see my plaux? Look at a chat, y'all? See my pleues in my night cap?
Speaker 1: Sign?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: With all these brings on, y'all, they think I high jack the eighteen wheeler with all these springs I got. You see all these brings like I high eighteen wheeler?
Speaker 4: Time out? You got all the goddamn awards?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow? How I got all these awards? How do you get awards? You win them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But when you're gonna send me my stuff you got, y'all?
Speaker 4: You got like you got like thirty two awards and I got two?
Speaker 1: Well, go find the wars you had last year, the one you took off stage. I don't know what happened to you?
Speaker 2: You know them?
Speaker 1: Hey? Man?
Speaker 4: What he you can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Sister took them? Man, she ain't shein't evenna give me them back?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, don't you what you want to send me some of them? We we don't replace awards.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, let me tell you something. Let me tell you what I just boy, you know what I got out there?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: You hear me?
Speaker 4: For Saturday show? We have Saturday Show. I got some floating shells that's gonna go right under the plaques.
Speaker 3: I got like, I got full floating shells, right, and I got them staggered a little bit so I could put all my trophies on. Hey, so hey, you see that I need I need, I need I need that na A c P.
Speaker 4: I need, I need, I need two of them.
Speaker 2: You hear me? Goodness, gracious the cables?
Speaker 4: What the cash? That?
Speaker 3: What I would I would like to I would like to decorate my game room so I could be professional.
Speaker 2: What they got?
Speaker 4: What they got to do with?
Speaker 3: Because you have you have, you have all awards. I thought this was a team effort. This was this was done to It was two people that did this.
Speaker 2: Well she she took all your awards by back. Hold on, hey see.
Speaker 4: I need where you got you got to the where are at? I want to I want to put them up today. I want to put him up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: They won't be here tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The good thing I got good news, like I said. The good news is you got to of the coming. The bad news I got four of them coming. Hey, hey, I just listen.
Speaker 3: I want to dec decorate my game room, so I need I need too.
Speaker 1: You got the awards. I can't help it that you let somebody you gifted them.
Speaker 3: The listen I had, I had listen. Sometimes I was in I was in a hurry. I had to I had to go.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what you want me to tell, Yojo Man, look at all these springs. Hey, look like it is a at wheeler. Hey, if y'all see an a teen wheeler side the roll where the ain't got no springs on it, Diddy go right there.
Speaker 3: Hey, I just I just I want to thank God giving me the opportunity.
Speaker 2: After what about your gun? Huh? What about your gus? Hey?
Speaker 3: We looked good at the first quarter. I thought it was gonna be a good game. Honestly, we moved. I know it's a four quarter a game. I'm saying the fact that we moved the ball up and down the field. We got in the red zone maybe four maybe five times. We were only able to get three points out of that. And I'm like, I just I just don't know. We didn't have enough playmakers. We had both Washington's, we had Taj and Malik. No turn them all over and give the ball back.
Speaker 1: To the rate.
Speaker 2: The way y'all was movie, you look like y'all had George out there too, Washington.
Speaker 4: That is, it was bad.
Speaker 3: And obviously when you're playing a team, when you're playing a team like the Baltimore Ravens unk, you got to be as perfect as possible. You got to minimize the turnovers because all you're doing is hurting yourself.
Speaker 4: And I heard a great quote while I was watching.
Speaker 3: The game with Michae McDaniel said, you know, you don't want to have to play the Ravens and have to play against yourself.
Speaker 4: You know, we have to play against yourself as well, making.
Speaker 3: Mistakes and listen, the Ravens hop on everything and they capitalize on it, and you know it, you know, the the end, get the in the end score to the game the result of you know, just shoot yourself in the foot by the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Damn man, Damn.
Speaker 2: Man, It's gonna take me all that keep talking.
Speaker 3: At anyway, chat. I mean, like, I'm sure we have a lot of Raven fans in the chat. You know, I meant I meant no no ill, no ill will, no harm.
Speaker 2: He meant I will.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just going for my team. I'm going for my home team. And you know I I hope you all accept my apology.
Speaker 4: I love you, got I love you.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You know how I feel about you know, and and that that's pretty much it.
Speaker 4: And on the next week, on the next week, that's how I'm feeling. I gotta, I gotta apologize that. I gotta a.
Speaker 1: Bengals and Guppies flo, Ravens flop, Guppies and Bengals flop.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta apologize the butter too. But I know you're gonna see this, butter. You know I was all on your Twitter. I was trolling you like y'allways, like y'alls gonna y'allys gonna lose. So I want to apologize to you, dan Olsty, I got your lit one hundred dollars. I'm gonna see you that and uh.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa what time out? How you gonna see you? See how you do it?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Hey, chap?
Speaker 1: I don't know them to say anything, you know, I don't I don't like to make things no racial issue.
Speaker 2: But you say how the white man get him money? First? You say, got a white man get it?
Speaker 1: But I just said, chat chat. You see what I'm saying. The man it all be two years. Bet the white man tonight, blaite man gave him money tomorrow. I'm just saying, chat chatt. If I wrong, chack, if I wrong, chack, y'all tell me I'm wrong, cause y'all, y'all, y'all shoot me straight. I mean, I would shoot it be a little I was, shoot it be a little hundred dollars. I've been trying to get my little shoot you shoot me my little fifty nine hundred for the longest.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, can I tell you something real quick. I don't mean to be ruder. I don't mean to disrespectful. Well, you you understand the economy that we're in right now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean too, Can you imagine what I could do with fifty.
Speaker 4: Nine hundred and this God for sake, you understand it.
Speaker 1: They already cut my snap benefits, that cut my wig Benifitt Medicaid.
Speaker 2: They about to do that, but premium going up.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, listen, all the all the boosters.
Speaker 3: I know you know I should be able to get a deal, and I would, I would be able to see you that fifty nine hundred. Everybody hurting out here right now, including I know it ain't.
Speaker 4: It ain't the same.
Speaker 2: It ain't. I ain't found a good deal in a long time.
Speaker 3: And who you telling my homeboy, My homeboy, who I told you can get the dogs for you? You know the dogs you spend like ten Yeah, my homeboy Jojo, he ain't got nothing, but he's short.
Speaker 2: You gotta tell me nothing was rough out here, right?
Speaker 1: I mean I used to get I used to get, Hey, before I go into bottle shop, man, that creed call man not getting like three of them for like two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That's a good deal, bro, you know, I know it's a great yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh that that tim for that time for a bottle clone that caught my sears man shop You good with me, you always ay Sometimes I would just buy stuff it didn't even want it. Hey, man, Hey, I'm gonna do your sol I'm gonna give you this right here, Hey, time hard, I.
Speaker 2: Can show you that fifty.
Speaker 3: Nine Listen, if I seen you fifty nine hundred, ain't gonna set me back a little bit.
Speaker 1: What if it set you back, that means I get to move forward. That's what's happening. Sometimes. Oh yo, sometimes you gotta plan a treat and realize the shade you not gonna be able to enjoy it from that track.
Speaker 3: But you got to understand that. You know, I got kids. They got to take care of that. You heard me me too, Your kids grown?
Speaker 4: You know mine little?
Speaker 2: You know, hey, they still eat, they still they still need daddy. Love carrying money.
Speaker 3: I love think about love French Fried and Kennedy they French.
Speaker 1: Hey, French proble mama rolling making big bucks. No whamis listen, man, listen, and you need to stop kind of her purse too. Don't worry about what French proble mama got going on?
Speaker 2: Good over it.
Speaker 4: You're saying she got I got to feed my kids, my kid, my kids. My kid's gonna be with me tomorrow. They here with me.
Speaker 3: It's Halloween, so we're going on trigger treating. So that loved fifty nine hundred, that's I gotta stretch that.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, I don't want you to treat me for two years, not treat me with my fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 4: Send me my trophies.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you got them? You not broke in my house and stole them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I only got two because they was heavy.
Speaker 1: Hey, you said the situation happened, you know, that's what you know? They you know, when they leave, they take your stuff. It's okay, I tell you what, Center Center fifteen hundred. She'll send it back to you.
Speaker 3: Nothing ain't ain't nothing, ain't well listen here, ain't nothing going that way, any any any anything, any transactions, any transaction is going to my kids.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, put it in care of the kids. She don't care. What is fun? Lord? Does she get it? Hey?
Speaker 1: You know you will see you, Oh Joe, you walk out there with your helm under your arm. Oh see, Hey, Chad, y'all remember Hey guys, I know y'all play high school ball.
Speaker 2: Y'all remember y'all walk out there. You had to heal it on your.
Speaker 1: All and a six foot two, one hundred and eighty five pounds senior Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 4: Hey man, yeah, leave man.
Speaker 3: Just think about Hey, now that you know, back to the game though, just think about that. What like like.
Speaker 4: I don't understand the NFL, man, how you can come?
Speaker 2: What don't you understand, maybe I can help you.
Speaker 3: You have the Dolphins come off such a great, a great dominated performance, you know, thirty to nine against the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 4: The Atlanta or A eight team, they're a good team.
Speaker 3: And for twour to look that way, the defense to play well offense and they were able to move the ball, they were to put up points, something that they struggle to do. And then to come out tonight and lay egg you know, the first quarter, I'm like, oh, yes, oh this is finny be a game and I'm like, you know, what the hell?
Speaker 2: Oh see, let me ask your question.
Speaker 1: If you hadn't seen that, let's just say, okay, fact that we're not going to look at anything in the back because if you look at it in a vacuum, you just look at Atlanta.
Speaker 2: You said, okay, but what about prior to Atlanta?
Speaker 1: So if we had taken Atlanta out of the equation and we looked at everything that they had done up.
Speaker 2: Until Atlanta, skip over Atlanta, what would you have said.
Speaker 4: They were def losing that. I'm just gonna be honest with you, and I was.
Speaker 3: I was bet with my heart, but I bet with my heart with confidence based on that performance, last week. I'm like, Oh, ain't no way in hell as bad as as bad as the Raven defense has been this year, ain't no hell listen to the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: I'm but the Dolphins got the Chiefs offense or the Lions offense, or or or or or.
Speaker 2: Philly or Buffalo, somebody they're not known for. No, I mean, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: Nigga moved the ball though they did tonight. They were able to move the ball.
Speaker 3: They were able to move the ball and be efficient run the ball when they need to. Devon a Chan catching out the backfield, he's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. He was like, I just I don't know, man, truth be told.
Speaker 1: He the best player I know two of the quarter back he Chann is their best player.
Speaker 4: You think, so.
Speaker 1: It's just it just I mean, yeah, he's small, I get what I get. He's small, low choe, but he can catch it, he can run it. He can run between the tackles. He got crazy speed that if he hit a scene, he can hit his head on the gold post. He's a solid receiver out of the backfield. Uh uh he he he has more speed than Camara and Christian McCaffrey. But he's every bitter elusive, and you can blind him up out wide, you can put him in the slot and he gets his hand on the ball. Boy, Hey, he a threat to go the whole way. Uh, it's just that, you know, I just don't know how far you can go it to it. I just don't they make dumb mistakes. They got it, They got it fourth and one and they about to go for it and the right tackle gets a procedure.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, what what are you doing now?
Speaker 1: You got to kick a field goal? Everybody, everybody was yelling. Coat Mike McDaniel was yelling at him coming out the field rightfully. So, I just don't get it, bro.
Speaker 2: You home, You are home. It's not like you're on the road. You're home. You know the snap count. It's just it's it's stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Uh, they've got to do they they gonna they're gonna have to tear this thing down and build it back up on Yo.
Speaker 2: Whoa, they got some they got some pieces. I'm not so sure Phillips.
Speaker 1: Everybody could use the Phillips Brandley Chubb people, don't you know, try to take peace. You might as well just sell off and then try to get stuff and then going to the draft, and and and and build this thing back.
Speaker 3: The other thing, now that you mentioned the fact that them tearing it down and building it back up, You've been right about every coach that was probably gonna lose their job. You've been right coach that might have been on the hot seat and I'm gonna get fired. You've been right about every player. And you said we're gonna get paid. They got paid.
Speaker 2: Oh hutches, So we're gonna talk about hunch in a minute.
Speaker 3: Are you saying, Mike McDaniels, he will he make it throughout the entire season or if they continue to lose, will he where they where they let him go?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think. I know John Emery is the tight ends coach. He's been a head coach in this league. He comes from that Shanahan that Shanahan Tree, so I'm not surprised that he's on the staff with Mike McDaniel. He's been a head coach, and I think he was at Colorado, which is his alma MATERA Weaver is a defensive coordin that I don't think he's ever held a head coaching position. I think it's fifty to fifty that he leaves before the season, ain't no question in my mind.
Speaker 2: He's going after the season, no question whatsoever.
Speaker 1: And I think the thing is old choice that you start selling you know, hey, you just start selling pieces off because it's not going to work in it's in his current condition, and it's in its current condition. The Dolphins are not equipped. They don't have enough. The quarterback is not He can't elevate. You have to elevate him. And when a chan is running wild, when Tyreek was healthy, going crazy, when water was growing crazy, toa look really really good.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Possess the skills set to elevate other people like said, Okay, he made he was better. He was good, but he made him better. That's not what he did. That's not what happened.
Speaker 4: Think what you just said. You said two.
Speaker 3: It's not the kind of quarterback that can elevate his play when he doesn't have the type of talent around him that can elevate his How many quarterbacks in the NFL are like that?
Speaker 4: Is maybe four or five.
Speaker 2: That the ones that make fifty million should be able to do that. Hold on, O.
Speaker 1: Joe mac McDaniel is firmly up in the air, per Ian Rappaport on the hot seat, as they say, I do not sense anything imminent from owner Stephen Ross, who likes him, believes in him, and has invested in him.
Speaker 2: But here's how McDaniel is going to be judged. How do the players respond. What is it like in the locker room? Do they keep playing for him or do they not? And can't you see it? There's going to be determined that's going to determine whether he keeps his job. I just don't see it, even if they play hard. Oh Joe, I don't see how I coach. You missed the playoffs last year.
Speaker 1: You go and they got two games of their nine games, so they got eight games left. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, they go four and they go four and four in those games. Oh Joe, that's six wins. That's six and eleven. After the season that you had last year.
Speaker 4: What do you factor in the injuries, the you know, the loss of Tyreek. Do you factor in that?
Speaker 2: No? Or yeah?
Speaker 1: There are a lot of teams that got injuries. Injury injuries are part of it. The good teams overcome those injuries. Hey, you remember Russian rice went. Now last year, my homes ain't.
Speaker 2: Make no excuse. Tyreek Leeds, he ain't make no excuse what you call him? Go out? Aj Brown is out.
Speaker 1: Jaylen Hurst doesn't make an excuse, excuse Dak was playing without CD he didn't make an excuse.
Speaker 2: And look, I get it, like you are a part of this and you facted those in.
Speaker 1: So that's why you try to do the best job you can of fielding a fifty three man team.
Speaker 2: You just don't look at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well he's gonna start, but you also have to look at what happens if he goes down. Will we be able to keep this thing afloat two weeks, three weeks, four weeks? That's anything the key. I'm talking about your wide receiver, running back, quarterbacks, something like that. Hey, Greer Hell, I think Grib's on the hot seat too. You got rid of Brian Floores? You hi, Josh McDaniels, Josh McDaniel's excuse me, Mike McDaniel, Mike McDaniel, excuse me, Chad?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, Joe, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you notice they're not close to Buffalo, they're not close to New England.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen got another decade, Drake may got a decade plus?
Speaker 2: Or how close are you to them? You fight? You fighting with the Jets to try to.
Speaker 1: Stay out of the last place, to try to stay out of the cell because you're not close to Buffalo, and you're not close.
Speaker 3: When you ask how close we are at the Buffalo, how close you are to the wing? Most people that understand the game of football, they say that you're we're a quarterback away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quarter back away.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, Oh Joe, you got a quarterback that you gave two hundred and fifty million dollars to, I mean, no.
Speaker 3: Choice because they were all there were no other options.
Speaker 1: I agree, But what's the likelihood of Now you're gonna have to go in the draft, but you're gonna have to find one develop him because you're not gonna get one in free actionency. Ain't nobody to let no. I mean, I'm trying to think who Anthony Richardson. No, you're not going that route. So I'm trying to think who you could get in free agency? What quarterback is going to be available in regency? You want first first cousins?
Speaker 4: Whoa Now wait, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa? Hold on, man, well are you are? You just put a smile on her face? A little bit?
Speaker 1: Man? He can't move out, Joe, he was already a statue. So what do you he can move less?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Listen, I know one thing, I know what he can do. I know we can deliver that ball like Amazon. I know we can give it that ball like FedEx and ups now.
Speaker 1: But anytime, but anytime it's inclement weather, what happens? The package ain't dere when he said it wouldn't.
Speaker 3: That's been Is that what you just said? Just there has been hung the dolphins since since the eighties.
Speaker 1: And one more thing you got to realize, cousins for the last decade plus has been indoor weather.
Speaker 2: What do they play at in Buffalo? Is that? What about New England?
Speaker 4: It gets little chilli?
Speaker 2: What about what about New York? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Chila that So are you sure you want to be a guy that's getting on up in age that didn't have the ability to move before can move even less?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Is that what you wanted to help? You're probably you're probably better off.
Speaker 2: Oho.
Speaker 1: If I almost scrap it, I'm going I'm going bare bones and build it back.
Speaker 3: Listen, going bare bones and building it back up based on what I've seen so far, that's out there.
Speaker 4: The options, the ansay not there.
Speaker 3: We watched college football, they answer, yeah, if they can't elevate their teams and stand out and pop out on pop out on film and pop out on tape right now, they're not gonna do it there because they don't have the weapons, or the or the right situation offensively for it to happen. We can just you can plug somebody in there and they can just go. You got you got to be him to go playing that offense and make a difference.
Speaker 2: Yes, but look, you have an opportunity.
Speaker 1: The first two years you had a healthy rig and for the most part, wadle you.
Speaker 2: Had eight chain. You stumbled on a chain and you didn't get it done. You lay that.
Speaker 1: You started faltering down the stretch, and that's what happened. So you started faltering down the stretch. And then you mess around and you have to go to Kansas City, knowing what they represent, knowing what that place is like, to play in the playoffs, and it's.
Speaker 2: Ten blue zero.
Speaker 4: It was cold.
Speaker 1: It was cold, I mean so cold. The greyhound got inside the bus. He was on the bus. Oh your drive the cold.
Speaker 2: I'm getting one of these seats.
Speaker 1: But man, they got too old. And I know it's hot, and I know Dolphins fans like that. They got the longest tenure without winning a playoff game twenty four seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty four seasons. Twenty four.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I just don't see it. I just don't see it, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: The Eagles are reportedly interested in a potential blockbuster trade involving star pass rusher Miles Garrett. According to y'all Who's Sports Charles Robinson, I've heard it from a couple of other super high ranking people and other teams that are clearly on the phones that Howie Roseman and the Eagles are super hot at the Miles Garrett, that y Roseman will give up like three first round picks.
Speaker 2: And a player you know, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think they'd probably be willing to give up three first round picks and probably Jordan Davis or one of those superstar you know, one of those young players.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: They'd be willing to give up Carter, but I think they'd be willing to give up Davis. But it's gonna take three first rounds.
Speaker 4: And it's damn well is damn well worth it?
Speaker 3: One thing about Howie Rosevenant if you watch the way he maneuver him, the way he conducts business when it comes to getting players and building a team, building.
Speaker 4: A roster, you know, And obviously right now the main.
Speaker 3: Thing is the main thing with the Eagles, despite what everybody's talking about, they trying to go back and repeat on, They trying to go back and repeat and goddamn Howie rosemanth is pushing all his chips in on the table. I know what I need, I know what piece can help us, and that's going to get Yeah, goddamn, what happened? What happened if with that trade through her three first round picks and the player, what if they want a J.
Speaker 4: Brown in exchange?
Speaker 2: Hey they won't, You can have him?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because the way I look at it, O Jo, If I get him and I'm and I'm the Philadelphia Eagles that I believe I could be, where are we gonna be picking the bottom half? You're gonna get somewhere between twenty eight and thirty two. We're not gonna be in the top ten. So it's not gonna hunters. It's not gonna hurt us. See, now you mess around and you're picking in the top ten. All uh Chicago, who's that?
Speaker 2: No? Clear?
Speaker 1: Uh Carolina, remember Carolina one of the first pick and the next year boom that that that pick that you gave up is Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I honestly me, just thinking about it, the only thing that makes sense. Okay, you're giving us three first round picks, and we need something of equal value if we're letting, if we're letting up.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't give up both though ojo. I would give up three first round picks. You don't you don't get a J and Cardinal with AJ and right you can get you can get a J.
Speaker 2: You know what, I might be willing to give up Carter and keep Jordan Davis.
Speaker 4: No, No, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I would no, mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I'm going the opposite way.
Speaker 3: And obviously it might not be an anybody defensively with with all the smoke, with all the talking, you know, they might let sticks go because I.
Speaker 4: Think that's the value.
Speaker 2: Who Davante, I.
Speaker 4: Say, sis, I mean that be eleven?
Speaker 1: Oh oh uh oh yeah hey yeah, yeah, yeah, I can see that. I think, But I think Ojo Carter hadn't been the same player, and the injuries he then wasn't in shape like he was supposed to see. Teams factored that in Oh Joe Your Kids twenty four. So if he's not in shape at twenty four, what makes me think he's gonna be in shape at twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight. Because and now, Ojo, I got to get a big car. I gotta put a big contract on the table. Now he's gonna want thirty thirty two, thirty three, thirty four million? Am I willing? Is that someone I can trust to invest that kind of money in? I already know what I'm gonna get Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: I already know Miles Garrett's gonna play like he's broke, and he's one of the highest played defensive players in football, So I'm not I'm not ever worried about him being in shape. Now I got to worry about him speeding a little bit. Hey, damn Miles slowed down. Damn bro But uh hey, I'm sure they've had they I think Andrew Barry has had a conversation with him. I think he's got like six speeding tickets, a couple of them excess of one hundred miles an hour. That's something that he needs to work on. But I don't have to worry about him when it comes to being in condition and being him playing hard. I don't have to light a fire up under Oh Joe if I pay you that kind of money, Oh ho, I don't need to give you no pep talk. I don't need to say, come on, son, we need it today written what I need you to say? Hey Son, I don't need you can't practice today cause I don't want you to hurt nobody. That's that's that's how it should be. Look I all we can go by is oh Joe. By body language? What's being said? Something is going on that AJ doesn't seem happy, He doesn't feel like he's getting the targets. That because he's Oh Joe. He's looking at a what up in Cincinnati? That man got forty two targets. I haven't got forty two targets all year. This man got forty two targets in two games.
Speaker 4: You know it's different.
Speaker 1: He's looking at Pooka, he's looking at Jedda, He's looking at all these guys that he said, I'm a number one and I see number one. They get their targets, they get seven, eight, ten targets a game. I get three or four, and I'm supposed to be okay with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're supposed to be okay with that when you're wining. And that's that's what everybody says. But you gotta be careful what you wish for because you gotta think. But you got to tell people think about the situation.
Speaker 4: Trade deadline is what the.
Speaker 1: Fourth November fourth, so Tuesday, Tuesday at four o'clock.
Speaker 3: You gotta be careful what you wish for because you're coming from a perfect situation.
Speaker 4: And what happens if you end up in Cleveland because there's inconsistent play at the quarterback position?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just you.
Speaker 4: I think if you put a J.
Speaker 3: Brown in that system, now, I think they will put you in position to be able to get for that you got damn catches game?
Speaker 1: Who can get it to it? You trusted? You trusted? No, no, no, no no no. It takes a vet. It takes a veteran quarterback to target somebody twenty three times. And the guy called, what did he catch? Like sixteen of them. He got targeted, what six nineteen times? He caught twelve of them. Everybody, every everybody doesn't know how to do that. But the thing that I love most about the Eagles, uh and I love this about the Lions also, is that not only are they developing players, they're not afraid to go get somebody they feel that can really help them.
Speaker 2: Get to that.
Speaker 1: You see, you look at and uh where it's uh oh, we're gonna talk about it a little. I'll touch on it right now. You look at the choice they say, man, we need to look Matthew Stafford, he wants to go block. Okay, we'll make a trade. K Rams, give us two first rounders and Jered Goff. Now they go up and they see they get Jamir Gibbs. Now they get j J. Moo, they get Amin Ross, Saint Brown, they get a Hutchinson. And guess what they've done, O Joe. We drafted them, we developed them, We paid them.
Speaker 2: Look at the money that they paid all these guys.
Speaker 1: You see four years to twelve four years, one point eighty four years, one twenty four years, one twelve four years, ninety three.
Speaker 2: You see, you see a real current thing.
Speaker 1: No guys know, now, if I come here and I work my butt off, I'm gonna get paid. Ain't no dealing, dalling around, ain't playing no mind games. And the buck stops with me on my desk, and don't nobody get this and that ain't about no egos, Brad.
Speaker 2: Kudos to Brad Holmes, the general manager.
Speaker 4: And also kudos to him for drafting too.
Speaker 2: For drafting well, Brad Holmes, that's entity.
Speaker 3: Draft players and hope they pan out, and they actually don't pan out, but it's like everyone they drafted today, it always just seems to pan out, which is why.
Speaker 4: They've been able to pay players and develop them and and they get the money that they get.
Speaker 1: Because Kirby Joe's man. Uh you know they I mean, they've done it. They've done a great job. You look at that D line, you look at those linebackers Campbell, and you look at uh, what's the big D linean that just came back. They've done a great job of identifying a player that fits their system. You know, Coach Cabelichick used to take a lot of criticism for guys like who is this guy? But Coach Belichick knew what he was looking for. He's looking for two guys defensive linemen. You not gonna get no sacks. Remember Chris Long left. He said, Yeah, it's fun to win, But I want to be a player. I just don't want to hold up so the linebackers can make plays. My job is a defensive as an edge rusher. Excuse me, Chad, I want to hunt the quarterback. I don't want to just sit on the porch and bart let me hunt. And so you identify the player that's gonna fit the system, a player that personality wise will fit your system because it don't do any good if the guy fits the system but he's a jackass. You have to identify that. You identify that, you do your homework. Now you're gonna miss some because sometimes guys can fool you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, but I just.
Speaker 2: Love what they do.
Speaker 1: Through the first eight weeks of the season, the coach and Daniel Jones have been the biggest surprise. When Andy signed Jones this offseason, he was widely viewed as another option behind twenty twenty three number four pick Anthony Richardson, but Jonathan Taylor realized the job with Jones after the first practice when he first got in the training camp, and he called check that has been the playbook. But if you've been here one of those checks, that's like, oh yeah, we called that. Sometimes. The fact that he called it is like, did this guy have the playbook six months ago? That's what I understood. Oh okay, his level of preparation is different for him to come in day one, day two and make that call, make that check. He's been studying. It's day one of install and he's already that far ahead. I'm like, this guy is legit. Yes, sir, I don't know how I'm gonna ask you. I know how I took that. I know how I took that. He didn't say it. He heap from praised. But I think that was a shot at the go ahead, But you go ahead.
Speaker 3: I think players don't intend to take shots at other individuals that play the same position when praising another I think just praising the fact that Daniel.
Speaker 4: Jones was so well informed with the offense.
Speaker 3: To have already been there, to know it the way, to know what the ends and outs and the nuances of it after just getting there. It's like, well, god, Lee, but you also have to understand what Dames Jones is fighting for. It he's fighting for a job, an opportunity to start after leaving somewhere. It just didn't work, and maybe this could have been a good thing for Anthony richards in the seat. Okay, now I have a better understanding or what do I need to do the way to conduct myself not only as a pro, but as quarterback number one?
Speaker 4: Well, uh was quarterback number one of a team. This is the stuff I needed to do make sure I succeeded.
Speaker 3: Not just in the classroom, not just in practice, but the results of doing so and putting the work.
Speaker 4: In is gonna show up on Sundays where it mattered most.
Speaker 1: I don't think Jonathan Taylor was intentionally trying to take a swipe at Anthony Richardson. He was heaping praise, but in the process of heaping praise, people gonna look like with damn, Yeah, he just got there a month ago, and you got a quarterback that's been there for two years and he never did anything like this, and he had the playbook. So that's the thing though, your note, was he out there trying to say, well, hey, we've heard story Hughes first the league first, he was the last day in the first out. They mined it for a reason. But that's what I mean. The quarterback. The preparation has to be so intense and if you and a lot of times that's why they go ahead and get mad because they like, I can't be out there.
Speaker 2: I need to be home.
Speaker 1: I need to be in front of this projector and I need an iPad now, Ojo.
Speaker 2: And I need to be going through and I need my mind focused on. I need home. And so they're going over and over and over and over.
Speaker 1: I told you from day one, and once I saw what he was getting paid, I said, we're gonna be starting.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna be started, o Jo. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not even sure when I saw that too. Obviously.
Speaker 3: It's just having common sense and understanding the game, understanding the business at that dog.
Speaker 1: Yep, Dan, what I didn't understand. If you got a project, okay, somebody say you got a project car, or you got a project home. Oh Joe, you don't try to drive the car. You say you gotta fix something. You got a project, it's gonna take work. It's gonna take you six months, it's gonna take you a year to get it operational. You got a project take home you're like, oh, man, I got this home. I brought this home, but I'm gonna fix it up. You don't try to live in it. You said this guy was a project. He had immense talent, and he does and you started what changed, bait? Just just go back and look at his tape from high school, look at his tape from college, and you tell me this man should have been a starter from day one. No, oh Joe, No, you did him. You did him a huge disservice. Can he go somewhere else it's gonna take. I mean, he's got something he needs to go get with someone to understand mechanics of throwing everything. You can't be throwing the football like you're trying to throw it through a hurricane because nothing has touched. Everything is one hundred miles an hour. Shallow cross is throwing it like he's throwing a far across or deep over. No, bro, And look, give Daniel on credit. He's he's come in and like you said, the situation didn't work out. And in New York he had to sit the bench, and in Minnesota, but he got an opportunity, and he says, if I get another opportunity.
Speaker 3: Take advantage of it because I'm not let I can get too many not to be started, no, not to be a starter, not to say, Okay, this is my team.
Speaker 4: I have nothing to worry about. You don't get too many of them chances, especially coming from New York. Shoot, if you can't it done in New York, you know, which is obviously what I would consider. I mean the big one of the biggest markets, maybe the biggest market. Yeah, you know, if you could deal with that meeting, you can deal with anything.
Speaker 2: Do it in It's just like you know, Trey Lance he was a project play.
Speaker 4: I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: I just I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Where where is Trey Lance at as a backup?
Speaker 2: Is he in Dallas?
Speaker 1: Still a Houston? Because I know he wasn't. Oh no, the Chargers. He's the Chargers, okay, because he played basically he played all the preseason the Chargers. Carl Banks, who's the radio analyst for the Giants, was extremely critical this week of Dexter.
Speaker 2: Lawrence on his podcast with Bob Popper Pop.
Speaker 1: Dexter Lawrence, nobody respects you anymore, nobody, Banks said, before going on going in on to say Lawrence wasn't playing at the same level as previous seasons. Lawrence strongly disagreed with Bank's assessment, exciting at the rate in which he gets double team, those are strong words.
Speaker 2: That's how you feel effort. He's delusional.
Speaker 1: Lawrence is getting double team a league high seventy five percent of the past rate, seventy five percent of the rate on his past rush opportunities. Yeah, I know Banks played against Banks. Obviously he's older than me, but I played against Banks. I think he was still at the Giants. I know I played against him when he was at Cleveland because when Coach Belichick went in Cleveland, he took Banks with it. Banks was originally one of the Giants him. It was him, Pep, Harry Carson, l T. So that's why I know him for him, So I know, I know, I know, I know Banks.
Speaker 2: What do you? What do you? What do you think? Oh Joe?
Speaker 1: When when analysts come out played the game, he played the game at a high level. I think on year Banks was the first team All Pro. As a matter of fact, I think he beat the l T l T that year he was the first team All Pro?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 2: What do you say when guys are critical?
Speaker 1: I mean you know, he just this, This is his opinion that he doesn't believe that that that Dexter is is playing at the level in which you've played in years past and playing got a level in which he got the big contract that the Giants given him, which he earned.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, you got three defensive defensive tackles in the NFL that are considered the best right now.
Speaker 4: Chris Jones is one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeffer Jeffers is.
Speaker 3: Another, and that third is in no particular order. In the third is Dexter Lawrence. Now, I'm not sure when mister Banks is watching when it comes to football, especially the New York Giants.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he probably watches all the Giants.
Speaker 2: Game being that he had yeah yeah, yeah, and he.
Speaker 4: Has a podcast that he's doing with Big Paper.
Speaker 3: But you can see and understand that they scheme ways to stop Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Every first down it's gonna be a double team. Second down, it's gonna be a double team.
Speaker 3: So you understand how difficult it is for him to have the efficiency that Carl Banks is looking for, saying that nobody's scared of him anymore if they weren't scared of him anymore.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't be double team. They want to one.
Speaker 2: Let me ask your question, how many times you think AD got double?
Speaker 3: Were talking about two dogs, were talking about two totally different dogs.
Speaker 1: You and I both know when you become that guy, you can't give excuses. You can't say, hey, man, get up at your man.
Speaker 2: They double me.
Speaker 3: We pay you to be trenches, right, Yeah, you know what it's like dying and now I'm not.
Speaker 4: I know I play around a lot. I don't pay. I don't be dying there, but I know what I'm strong.
Speaker 3: Joke you could do, and I know what it's like and having the way now and having to take on two of that every time, no matter how strong you are, you mean, I gotta get I gotta deal with two of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what we do?
Speaker 1: What we do, O Joe, is that we don't do it every time, but we do it enough that when we don't do it, you're anticipating it.
Speaker 2: So you're hesitating. That's all I need.
Speaker 1: He who hesitated beat, So that's all I need to do with Yo. I'm gonna double your ass enough that now when I don't double, you're.
Speaker 2: Anticipating with double. The come.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do they What do they do to receivers they used to get in the ball. What I'm gonna do is double you early on. I'm gonna get you frustrated. I ain't gonna w the whole game. I just want to do it just the first quarter. Get you frustrated. Then I got you.
Speaker 2: Damn. So I look, I get it. You look.
Speaker 1: I think when you when you're losing. Okay, what's going on? Why aren't we winning? Because I think you look at they got Law, they got Thibodeau, they got Carter, they got Brian Burns.
Speaker 2: Ain't no reason you give up thirty three points in the fourth quarter. I don't give it that.
Speaker 3: What you say, six squad? They got a nice squad of names. Uh, they got a nice squad of names.
Speaker 1: Man, Brian, Brian, Uh, what's the what's his name? Brian Burns? Been to the Pro Bowl? That's the lards?
Speaker 2: Was it all pro? They got?
Speaker 1: They got guys that can. Now the back end leaves a lot to be desired. Okay, because they don't get there, it's gonna be a completion. He said, it's been double But it's hard for you. I mean, people like these people talking and the thing is Banks knows football.
Speaker 2: Banks studies the game. He's a student of the game.
Speaker 1: Anybody, no, no, no, no, it's it's not it's absolutely not. All I can tell tell Dex Hey, just keep plugging, bro, just keep plugging away.
Speaker 4: That's all you do.
Speaker 3: That's all you can do. But that god damn double team. That's just what the thing hell.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta realize they got six hundred pounds rooting your answer up out of there. You know, he's you know, he under his shade nose. Bro, you got the center and the guard. Oh, they don't get your ass up out of there.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny speaking of that, and watching Aaron Donald and some of the clips with him, and he get off so fast and make it make yourself skinny.
Speaker 4: To where he's.
Speaker 3: Dealing with one man out of the double team, and that that that's that's crazy.
Speaker 4: And every blue moon you'll see him he'll.
Speaker 3: Grabbed one in the middle of the chest in one hand and had the other way in the middle of the chest with the other hand, and he and he looking he controlling everything.
Speaker 4: I'm like, how the hell is he doing all that?
Speaker 2: A lot of times you have to. You have to be able to feel the double team.
Speaker 1: You see how the guy how how if he trying to reach me, they're trying to scoop me, or they they're trying to call you know, they're trying to power, they're trying to combo block me. But that's instinct. That's years and years of playing that double team. And understand that because you know, like you said, hey, okay, you gotta make a pile. But he was so good at playing on the edge, so he's not. And the same thing I tell tight ends, bro, don't let that man square you up. You give him a side. You give him a side. Don't let him put don't let him put his hands in your breastplate. You're not going nowhere.
Speaker 4: And don't let him be strong. You definitely moved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better be able to war. And that's what that's what the good detacles. Look out, look at Aaron Donna rush. You see he doing. He's doing like a wide receiver, tight End, He's up there doing this. I trying to get skinny, trying to trying to run the rim. What we they used to have a circle and the guy's running around it. And see how low they could get and get around there.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 1: It's frustrating when you lose, or tell you know that. And when you lose. Okay, who makes the most money because God make hi say fifty thousand dollars. Why are we talking about him? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And almost And the funny thing about it is a lot of people will see this is Hayden obviously when it comes to probably the best player on the defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is, is next to Lawrence.
Speaker 3: And to come out and say something like that, well, people know, people aren't scaredy anymore when obviously.
Speaker 4: We're statistically based.
Speaker 3: On the numbers that you just said that anyone that's being blocked and the other team seventy percent of.
Speaker 2: The time or more.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's your answer, there's your answer.
Speaker 1: Oh I still think he's I still think he's feared. I still think they understand