Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: From sa Kuon Barkley to Charles Barkley. No relation that I know of. Turn your sports inside the NBA and you're not related to Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 4: Claiming? And I don't care if we are or not. I don't think we are. But I'm claiming them. I'm claiming. Hey, I've been claiming them all year. He's my cousin. I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 3: Did you play football in high school?
Speaker 5: I played one day.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 5: I realized they were really.
Speaker 4: Hitting people out there, you know, Dad, That's the reason football is my favorite sport. It takes tremendous courage to go out there. You know, football and boxing and my two favorite sports. I played football for one day. I realized they were nuts. They're tougher than me and I quit.
Speaker 3: And you're not much of a boxer either.
Speaker 5: I can fight a little bit. I can hold my own.
Speaker 4: The good thing about fighting boxing is different boxing boxing. Y'all got gloves on, trying to hit each other, fighting whatever you can get your hands on to hit somebody, That's what goes.
Speaker 5: That's a big difference, Dan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, also when you fought in the NBA, somebody was usually gonna grab you, so it didn't escalate too much further.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, if you're out there fight any way, you're punk.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Kevin McHale, the best player I ever played against, always.
Speaker 4: Said, he said the thing I know, He says, I never worried about the pistols. He says, they're out there beating up people. At some point, you got to play basketball, and only two of the guys can play, Isaiah Thomas and Joe Dumars, and we were gonna win eventually, he said. The rest of those guys out there just beating up people, he said, but she s Charles. At some point we realized they had to play basketball, and the other two guys they had we were worried about Isaiah and Joe Thomas, Joejoe Dumars, My bad.
Speaker 3: All right, who are you betting on Super Bowl Sunday?
Speaker 4: My Philadelphia Eagles? Then I'm a big Eagles fan. We're putting the end of this rain of terror in Kansas City. You know what's really crazy. I love Pat Mahons and Travis Kelsey, but I bet against them every game in the last two years because I actually thought they were.
Speaker 5: Going to lose.
Speaker 4: The only game I actually won in the last two years is when for some reason and Reed ran out of the end zone and I covered with the safety by half a point.
Speaker 5: I have lost.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's six straight games. I bet against the Chiefs. I thought they would lose. You know, two years ago the law I times they're gonna lose at Buffalo. Then I thought they would lose to the Ravens. Then I had San Francisco in the Super Bowl. I didn't think they were going to lose to the Texas, but I thought the Texans would cover. Then I had the Bills. I'm rooting for the Bills and they didn't. But hey, I haven't learned my lesson I'm taking and it's just ironic. I'm really an Eagle fan. But the rain of terror is over Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just give your money to charity and not bet on the game.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be at a casino. Why would I go to a casino and not bet on the game.
Speaker 3: I know, but you tend to lose a lot.
Speaker 7: I got a lot, and this doesn't even incorporate your new deal that you're gonna have with your TV partner, your next one.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, I'm trying to figure out all that stuff out, Dan. It's been very fascinated behind the scenes. There's been a lot of shit canay going on behind the scenes that I haven't been happy with, and.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping everything works out.
Speaker 4: But I'm it's been fascinating dealing with all the tntbs this entire time.
Speaker 3: Okay, why haven't you reached out to me privately?
Speaker 4: Well, Dan, I'm just trying to figure out. Like I say, I don't have to make a decision asap.
Speaker 3: But I can help you.
Speaker 2: I've been at a couple of places that you're probably negotiating with. If you had questions, I would give you honest answers. I've done that for other athletes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my other Listen, it was really fascinating people talking about money and all this other stuff. I dude, I ain't worried about no money. My decision was gonna come down strictly to one thing.
Speaker 5: My workload.
Speaker 4: I've been to TNT for twenty five years. Then I'm really good at working one day a week. I am great at it. You know, so you know, I was like, yo, man, I'm not going work. I'm gonna be older. I'll be six to two in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to work more as I get older. That was my only concern. And NBC was great, you know, Mark Lass and Greg Hughes were great to me, but I turned their offer down because they had too much stuff in there for me to do. And then I counseled all the stuff, all the other means with Amazon. They were greeted Amazon, but after meeting with ESPN, they made me feel better. But I just want to get between TNT and ESPN. I said, I just want to figure out which my work load. They haven't given me in a definitive answer, because I don't think they know their definitive answer, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: So you could stay at TNT.
Speaker 5: I could.
Speaker 4: I could always have stayed at TNT, but I put in my contract I could get out of there if they lost the NBA. You know, it's really funny the TNT people, they're stupid. They tried to say to me that I was. They wrote a c said assist letter to Amazon and NBC, and it really pissed me off because wait a minute, but they're trying to say that they traded my show to ESPN and that's the same as them keeping it. I'm like, I don't think that's the way it works. That's what'll take what tru that we were having some heated discussions behind scenes down in Atlanta. I was like, wait a minute, Yeah, they sent a c cent assist letter to NBC and Amazon saying I wasn't available. I said, that's not the way my contract reads. Y'all lost to NBA. If I wanted to leave, I could leave. That was the ball of contention. I says, They're like, no, you on the contract. I said, well, I'll take my chances in court. And I felt really good about my chances in court because regardless of what they say, Dan, them trading us to esp and ain't the same as us being on the contract to T and t's.
Speaker 2: Charles Barkley Hall of Famer Turner Sports for the moment inside the NBA analyst who won the Luca ad trade. Right now, let's look at it as of today.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Dallas Mavericks their contender right away.
Speaker 5: They got a really good team.
Speaker 4: People forgetting about MaTx Christian Mats Christy gonna help the MAVs.
Speaker 5: But listen, ad was Ad.
Speaker 4: You know, he's played great the last couple of years, and if he plays like he's played, the guy was just coming off a forty twenty game and if he plays like that.
Speaker 5: Because what's interesting about the NBA, Dan, I'm not sure who the favorite is right now.
Speaker 4: We can say, okay, see, they're the favorite in the West, but the MAVs are the second best team in the West right this day, and I'm not sure what's going on with the Celtics. So man, we can talk all the noise we want to. The championship is up for grabs right now. The Celtics have not looked good all year.
Speaker 5: In my opinion. But in the West, OKC is the prohibit the favorite.
Speaker 4: But man, they've never been in the fire before day, and that's the favorite going in so that's gonna be a shock to their system with everybody gunning for him. But right now, the MAVs won. For the next two or three years, the MAVs won.
Speaker 2: Trade Now that Lebron has Luca, Lebron more likely to stay an extra year or two or maybe leave or retire.
Speaker 4: You know, That's a fascinating question, like is he what is he hanging around for? I personally think if I was him, the Lakers are not contenders right now. I would wave my note, trade I do with Tom Brady and go put myself in a perfect situation where I can have two more bites of the apple. And I don't know the perfect situation. But he's he's holding all the cards. He can go to the lager and say, hey, let's have our cake and eat it too. I can get you all a couple of players, maybe a couple of draft picks. Let's pick out a perfect scenario. That's what Tom Brady did, took the perfect situation in Tampa. If I'm Lebron, I can say we're not gonna win the championship this year or next year. Let's trade to a perfect scenario. But they can, like I say, the only problem they got right now they got to make decisions by Thursday at four o'clock. But you know that's a lot of time in NBA years. That's what I was I would do if I was him.
Speaker 2: When you hear the criticism or critiques of Luca's you know, physical shape, how do you react to them?
Speaker 4: Well, Dan, if everybody's saying it, it's probably fair. You know, everybody's been I find it fascinating that all of us have been talking about Luca's conditioning for three years now, all of a sudden, it's an insult, like I don't think people were hiding it. I think everybody's heard the same criticism for three years now. All of a sudden, I saw its dead like they're saying these things about my son. I'm like, well, mister Dunchek and and I watched TV. I got a TV. They've been saying the same thing for three years. They're not saying it like out of the blue. But I will say this, he's a great, great player. But then the Dallas Maverige know him better than anybody. I know he's a great player from a distance. But the Dallas Mavericks had to make a decision do we get this guy five years, three hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 5: I give them credit. They made a decision. It might come back to buye them in the ass, but that's your job.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 4: Listen, a year ago, we were all pat Nko on the back because he went out and got GAFFERD PJ and all these other guys and got the Mayles to the finals. Now everybody act like it was only Luca and Kyrie that got them to the finals. No, Nico did a tremendous job last year. He made like three or four trades that got the Mayos to the finals. If they just had to had Luca and Kyrie, they wouldn't have made it to the finals last year. But they picked up three pieces doing the doing the trade deadline and made them a contender to get to the finals. But like I say, hey, that's the job man Nico, and I gave him credit. He went out there and answered all the questions. He didn't run, he didn't hide. A lot of times when these general managers make bad trades, they put out statement and things like that. I give Nico credit. He sit down, he took all the questions. Now, I will say this, this is a job trade. This is this is a job trade. If the trade doesn't work, you're gonna lose your job. There's shit, there's there's a there's very there's very few jobs in sports as a general manager or president whoever running things that I call them trade jobs. If the trade doesn't work, you're gonna lose your job playing the simple and it should be like that because I've been saying for years I think the easiest job and the best job in the NBA is running the NBA team because you get to blame three coaches before people realize you're the problem. Because think about that, Dan, very few coaches, maybe Popovich, there's all how many coaches actually have power to make this great. Papavich is probably the last guy who gets complete power of an NBA team. But the rest of these general manager they get to fire like they get to make ten bad deals and fire three coaches, and then people says, well, what's the consistent thing here the general manager? So hey, but that goes with the job.
Speaker 6: Brother.
Speaker 3: Would you want Jimmy Butler as a teammate.
Speaker 4: I would want Jimmy Butler as a teammate. I think it's a hell of a teammate. But I think Jimmy is misguided because you know, Dan, I've said this before. I'm not just saying for some reason, these players think you. They old you a lifetime contract. Dude, we paid you fifty million dollars last year, this year, and next year, and you're gonna be older and you're starting and you're their decline anyway, and I see foods on TV time. But Jimmy Butler's right, Jimmy Butler is one hundred percent wrong. They don't you take I don't want to still be playing for the sixers of the Suns. They like you get old and they're not gonna pay you. They paid you very Listen. I love Klay Thompson. I love Klay Thompson. He won fourth championship with the Warriors. The Warriors made a business decision, Clay, you're getting older, you had an achilles, you had an acl We're not going to pay you.
Speaker 5: I have no problem. That's business man, it's nothing personal.
Speaker 3: Where are you gonna be watching the Super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Oh Dan?
Speaker 4: I take the same twelve guys to Vegas for twenty this'll be our twenty eighth straight year. We play golf all day Saturday, we get up Sunday morning, play golf. Then we go to the casino with ten thousand people, basically in washing the Super Bowl in Vegas.
Speaker 5: I've done it.
Speaker 4: I take the same twelve or fifteen guys every year. It's like it's on the highlights of my year.
Speaker 3: But do you pick up the tab for these freeloaders.
Speaker 4: Well, I got to see how the gambling goes, because you know how the Vegas works. You get everything free until you total up at the end of the weekend. Hey, all I have to do is provide the private jet, which that comes with the casino, and all the rooms are free, all the drinks and stuff are free until Monday morning when you're checking out. It depends on how the table's been.
Speaker 2: To you, so you're really paying for the private jet with you lose no previous trip. That's why they send the private jet because of previous trips.
Speaker 3: When you've lost, you don't lose all.
Speaker 5: The time, Dan, Sometimes you win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they send the private jet because they know your probably they.
Speaker 5: Send the private jet. They send the private jet to get.
Speaker 3: You there because they know what happens when you get there.
Speaker 4: Then you win, sometimes you can't. You know, first of all, I hate when people say, hey, you go. One thing I know about gambling. You're gonna win. Sometimes you're gonna lose. Sometimes that's what gambling is. It's not like I know they sent a private jet for a reason. Their job is to get me there. But you know, when I win, the jet is free and all my friends.
Speaker 6: We have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: All the meals are free.
Speaker 4: But when I lose, like I've had, I've had my friends joke with me like they're like, man, those steaks and those rooms and they wasn't worth a million dollars. But hey sometimes they sometimes. Hey, but that's the deal Dan, when you go to the Yeah, hey, hey, I've been there twenty eight straight years after this year, so I'm still I'm all.
Speaker 3: Right, have fun, have fun this weekend. Good to talk to you.
Speaker 5: All right, brother, go birds.
Speaker 3: That's Charles Barkley.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 8: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Covino and Rich. He's the head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers.
Speaker 2: He's Jim Harbaugh back on the program, Coach, Thanks for joining us. When's the last time you thought about your Super Bowl here in New Orleans?
Speaker 9: Yesterday? Yesterday I was I was talking to my brother and we were reliving some of those some of the that that week leading up to it and in the game and the power outage and you know, just some of the different some of the different plays.
Speaker 6: But hey, a lot, I think about it a lot almost you know, it comes.
Speaker 3: Up, where are you going to watch the Super Bowl?
Speaker 9: I'll be watching it at home, be watching it at home with the uh, with the family and the kids.
Speaker 6: It's you know, it's I wish I was there, you know. That's the thing. I wish I was there with you.
Speaker 9: I wish we were getting ready having a Wednesday practice before the uh before the game.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 6: But it's still still just a great respect that that I have for the.
Speaker 9: For the for the game, for the for the NFL, for the the two teams that have have paddled their way and overcome the obstacles to be there. So uh and uh, so I'll be watching for sure.
Speaker 3: Could you find yourself rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know what I do is, uh, I find myself really at all times.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, the Ravens, I'll root for the I'll root for the Ravens.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 9: If we're you know, we're not playing them, Uh, now we're playing them, then yeah, there's there's uh, there's no rooting for the Ravens. But even if even if it wasn't gonna help us. You know, I would still be rooting for the Ravens. But every other game, really College of Pro, I mean, uh, in Michigan, ILL root for Michigan, but uh, you know every other one, I just I find myself rooting for the team that's playing the hardest as the game is going on. That's uh uh pretty much how I look at a football game and and uh and root for a particular team.
Speaker 2: What would Mahomes have to accomplish to supersede Tom Brady in your opinion?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean every time you start making those kinds of comparisons, uh, you know, uh for somebody who they're both great. I mean they're both great. There's there's there's no question that. Uh. But Patrick Mahomes has done with what Andy Reid has done with that team with Spags has done with that team.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 9: And and it's you know what'sn't this game?
Speaker 6: I'm really gonna be interested.
Speaker 9: In in the defenses the most, uh, you know, the the Chiefs ability to tackle fan on on all three levels, the line, the lineback with the secondary, uh, you know incredible uh opposing Wills Seklon Barkley the year he's had, the way that that that line is blocked and then Vic Fangio. Uh, you know the impact that he's had on the on the Eagles defense, I mean, that's that's uh uh, it's gonna be a tremendous matchup. And I think you're gonna see it on the on the defensive level as uh as much as as much as any It's it's it's amazing. Spags isn't isn't a head coach.
Speaker 11: You know that.
Speaker 6: Uh, he's an incredible coach.
Speaker 9: And you know everybody in that game is uh uh you know, it's it's nothing but respect.
Speaker 2: Then all right, So what was your defensive philosophy against the Chiefs and Mahomes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was to contain, to contain, you know, play play the first players as well as we could.
Speaker 6: And you know he's got.
Speaker 9: He's got that ability to to to extend, extend the place too. So you have to plast during the secondary, you have you have to stay with with uh and and do you and do your best to not give him the look that he is incredible at. He is incredible at finding the you know, the man's own the man's own look. And and then and then you have to do you have to tackle uh and and cover and and you got to play good.
Speaker 6: But uh, he's uh, he's an incredible player.
Speaker 2: Talking to Jim Harball, the Chargers head coach, I don't know if there's this seismic shift, but we saw it with Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen Less passing. Their quarterback rating goes up. There's a little bit more running involved in this. So was that a conscious decision on your part because Justin Herbert threw one hundred fewer passes this year, but his qb R was higher.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you want to you want to have an identity.
Speaker 9: I mean, in my opinion, I mean that's uh that the philosophy of of being physical, being durable, being consistent, and finding the uh you know, the signature play you know the signature.
Speaker 6: Uh you know run play that that a that.
Speaker 9: A defense has to stop. And then off of that comes play action. Off of that comes uh you know, ways to protect it in the in the quick game, the movement.
Speaker 6: Game, uh you know, the the the play action game.
Speaker 9: You know, especially I think some some teams were uh you know, highly successful. Philadelphia has been highly successful doing that. The wide screens and you see that you know they're able to protect. Uh you know that that running game that way. I mean, that's that's the philosophy. And it's you know, the teams that are really good the team. Both teams that are in this game, I mean, are are highly effective, you know, running the football and throwing the football and uh, you know, ways to move the ball, uh and not turn it over, not be your help, but be able to beat beat your opponent. Uh as well, those are the those are key factors for me, how much we can tacklings.
Speaker 2: How much were you rooting for Notre Dame versus Ohio State a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 6: It was the same. I was the same.
Speaker 9: I find myself just uh, you know, rooting for the root for the team that was playing the hardest, and uh.
Speaker 3: You didn't care if Ohio State lost.
Speaker 6: No, I don't. That stuff doesn't get in my head, you know, Dan, it doesn't. It doesn't. It doesn't occupy it doesn't occupy that kind of space you know, in the in the in the dome.
Speaker 2: I okay, I'm surprised. Rich Eisen, who went to Michigan. He said, I rooted for Notre Dame one time, and I was rooting for them against Ohio State to beat.
Speaker 3: Them, but you don't care, you that you moved on from that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I love for the for the competition, and I don't think people make a mistake. I think they make a mistake and you know, in their in their in their coaches make a mistake of letting you know, a certain you know school or opponent or you know, uh arrival, uh, you know, get in their head occupied space, had that running around. I mean, just the main thing is take care of yourself. I mean, uh, you got a team. You got a team that you can coach, You got a team that you can uh uh, you know, do everything in your power to to make better. And you know attack that. You know, attack that. That's uh, that seems the better way to go.
Speaker 3: Are you and Pete Carroll on friendly terms? Now that he's a.
Speaker 5: Lot of battle.
Speaker 6: A lot of battles, a lot of battles.
Speaker 2: But are you friend? Are you friendly ish? Now that you're in the same division here? How's that going to be at the end of games?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it is.
Speaker 9: It's a respect that I have respect for him, you know, I mean, uh, you know the competitor that he is, that the teams that uh you know that uh you know he produces and yeah, we just we just talked the other day on uh on Sunday as a matter of fact, and there's uh you know, I'd like to feel like he's you know, he he uh he's got that uh.
Speaker 6: You know the same kind of you know, uh you know, competitive respect.
Speaker 3: Uh, casual conversation with Pete. You're dialing him up. What have you see him on the street?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, we were talking about uh we're talking.
Speaker 6: About U about about coaches. He was He's putting his.
Speaker 9: Staff together and uh, you get a few recommendations from from folks that I had coached with before.
Speaker 6: But uh, that was good, you know, that was that was that was the hey man, here we go again, you know, like, uh.
Speaker 9: We've had some battles and and about the about to have them again.
Speaker 2: I think you need to go in the weight room get ready for that that first game.
Speaker 3: With with Pete.
Speaker 2: After the game, I think you need to bulk up again, Jim, No question about.
Speaker 6: It, no question about it, that you're going to hit the training environment hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh got a good year for that. I'm getting the old iron horses. Uh is going in for some fine tuning.
Speaker 9: You know, I've got uh got my hip replaced, uh thirteen days ago and uh I got get me the arrhythmia taken care of and uh doing doing, doing everything in my power to get it as healthy as I can.
Speaker 3: How are the guns though? How do you tell you looking?
Speaker 6: I mean, uh, not as good as my dad.
Speaker 9: You know, my dad is that got these natural uh you know biceps that I got.
Speaker 6: I gotta work a lot harder at it than I get that. I didn't get that.
Speaker 3: You didn't get that gene. No, didn't get that.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: You're joining us on behalf of in Vivid, uh, the American biotech company. You want to explain what what they're doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, Uh appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Speaking of health, you know, like I said, you know, I mean you get to a point them and I was like sixty years it seemed like just uh blue twisted steel and and now uh.
Speaker 6: You know, in a few repairs. But uh yeah, in Vivid, you know, it's COVID.
Speaker 9: Still here and we everybody's sick of talking about it, but uh maybe, but it's still here, and there's there's long term effects and especially for munocompromised individuals. You know those uh, those that are fighting cancer organ transplants. I mean they're they're especially susceptible, and just let them. People know there's there's options. Uh not a doctor, you know that, well, Dane. Uh, people should talk to their doctors about what's best for them.
Speaker 6: But uh, but check out the website.
Speaker 9: Expand their options dot com, Span their options dot com.
Speaker 2: Could we get your hip the old one for the man cave that I can just kind of put it in a lot, you know, glass enclosure.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I mean that's like, Uh, I can't believe I didn't think of that.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like when you get your tonsils out.
Speaker 9: Ye remember when I got my tonsils out when I was six. I don't still have them, but I remember, like that was the coolest thing that the doctor gave me.
Speaker 6: Gave me my tonsils. But I kept him in a jar, you know.
Speaker 9: I had them in the in the room for a while until we until he made a move, I think, and then they something happened to him.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I'm a check on that to see if that hip is still there.
Speaker 2: But you know, people should understand that, right, you didn't need hip replacement surgery. You just it was elective. You just did it to show how tough you are. And I respect that. I respect that, Coach.
Speaker 6: I want the titanium, you know, I want the ceramic ball of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ready to go. I love it. I love it. Have fun in the off season. Whatever that means, it means attacking.
Speaker 6: That means attacking when just.
Speaker 2: Today no V came, What do you The kids deserve a vacation something here they're playing sports.
Speaker 6: They're doing they're doing their thing. Uh could be Uh, yeah.
Speaker 9: There's there's some there's some time with the family, but uh, you know there Uh, it's just another day to attack, a day with the enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Speaker 6: That's that's why we're treating us well.
Speaker 3: Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 2: Nobody after that one, nobody, nobody.
Speaker 3: Thank you, coach. Good to talk to you again.
Speaker 6: Great to see, great to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Wapp All right, he's Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Uh he is joining us on behalf of the great folks at FedEx. The Aaron Ground NFL player of the Year Awards. Please welcome the Comeback Player of the Year, Joe Burrow, joining.
Speaker 3: Us on the program, right men, Yeah, he's ready to go. Joe. You can sit over here, get closer to me, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on over here, Yeah, over here. I'll probably check to your blind side. It's been a while, I think the last time.
Speaker 3: Miami.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I remember asking you where'd your confidence come from? And you said you've always had it. But at what point do you go, Dad, I think I got confidence, Mom, I've got confidence here.
Speaker 10: I mean it grows throughout the years. You know when when you're in high school, in middle school, you're you're pretty confident, and then you get to college and you're not quite as confident for a couple of years, and then you get some confidence back, and then you get to the NFL and maybe you lose some more confidence, and then it continues to grow, you know, the more you play in that particular structure of football.
Speaker 2: But who do you talk to when you have that like I don't even know if I know how to play this game or you have that bad game that who picks you up.
Speaker 10: I've always been very blessed with the people around me being very you know, calm wise and smart. So I've had great friends, coaches, family, parents, my entire my entire life. So I've had I've always had people to to lean on in those hard moments.
Speaker 2: I would say, but when it doesn't work out at Ohio State, do you doubt yourself?
Speaker 3: Or how much do you doubt yourself?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: One hundred percent. You doubt yourself, You don't. You know, I didn't play for three years, and it wasn't because I was hurt. That wasn't a that wasn't a great feeling. I was working very hard and improving every single week and just never never put it all together there. And so I had, you know, I my dad and both my brothers played college ball, so I was able to talk to them about it, lean on them about their experiences and learning from them, and was able to graduate early and get out of there so I could go and play some football.
Speaker 3: Did you ever think about playing at Ohio University?
Speaker 10: I did, Yeah, I did. That was if I had gone there, I probably would have played both football and basketball. I was thinking about doing that. Uh, you know, hof State was really kind of one of my only you know, Power five big, big time school offers, and if I didn't have one of those, I probably just would have stayed at OU and played both.
Speaker 3: NIL is pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Now, you probably would have left earlier, I'm guessing at Ohio State with nil transfer portal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably the transfer portal.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I probably would have transferred much earlier than than I did, but I had to graduate to to go and play. At the time, the transfer portal wasn't a thing when I was. I think it became a thing the next year after I transferred, But I still think.
Speaker 3: You had to sit out a year.
Speaker 2: It seems like yours was the first guy to take advantage of NIL.
Speaker 3: When you know Quinn goes there.
Speaker 2: I don't even think he he left during his senior year in high school gone it, went to Ohio State, start making money there. He sorted the poster child of NIL.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, you should take advantage of if you're going to be able to make seven figures and in college, you got to go and take advantage of that. Whether you're if you're in high school and you're getting offered that go wherever they're paying.
Speaker 2: You're the most The reason why the Bengals didn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 10: Is we just didn't make plays down the stretch in some of these games. We had a lot of these games won or they were tight and we had to lead in the fourth quarter and we just weren't able to close it out for for a multitude of reasons. And you know, we had some bad luck too. That's part of the life in the NFL. Some years you have good luck, some years you have bad. We had pretty bad luck, but we had we had the opportunity to close out some games that that we didn't.
Speaker 3: Take. Me back to Week two against the Chiefs.
Speaker 10: We played pretty well in that game.
Speaker 3: What about the panicy interference call.
Speaker 10: You know everybody's bringing that one out this week.
Speaker 2: Well, because the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl and everybody thinks they get favorable calls.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you had.
Speaker 3: You had a good vantage point there.
Speaker 10: If I was the quarter back of that offense, I would have been frustrated if we didn't get that pass interference call.
Speaker 2: I would say, so if you're Mahomes, you would have been upset if you didn't get that, even if it was in Cincinnati and not Kansas City.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't. I mean, it was a close It was close in that moment. If I was in the second quarter, it's pass interference nine times out of ten in that moment, it's probably a fifty to fifty coin toss. But I don't blame them for that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you think Kansas City gets favorable treatment?
Speaker 10: Everybody does. It just depends on the game.
Speaker 3: You get favorable treatment.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that you said everybody does well.
Speaker 10: Some games you get some calls, some games you don't. That's how it goes.
Speaker 2: But you know, if I would have said, your numbers you got, you got the receiving triple crown and you got the sack leader, it's almost impossible not the playoffs if you have those numbers there.
Speaker 10: It's definitely strange. Definitely a strange year.
Speaker 2: And when you lost to New England, I said on that Monday, I said, that's going to come back and haunt you guys.
Speaker 3: Sorry to bum you down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you guys have been really happy.
Speaker 3: Well, there's the career at LSU. You did great there.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When's the last time you've been back to Baton Rouge.
Speaker 10: I try to get back there once a year. Usually I have some kind of event at the at the spring game. I didn't make it last year, but the year before I did.
Speaker 3: What do people say when they see you here in New Orleans?
Speaker 10: They get excited. Everybody's always very appreciative of the things that we did while we were here. The last time I was in New Orleans was for the National Championship, so that brings back some good memories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I'll bum you out again. You played the Eagles and they roughed you up as well. How often do you stare over the line of scrimmage and you see Jayleen you want to make sure you know where Jalen Carter is.
Speaker 10: They got some They definitely have a lot of a lot of guys up front that can make your life tough. But you know, in our division, we play a lot of those guys. So it feels like every single week we're playing a Miles Garrett or a T. J. Watt or a Jalen Carter or Cam Hayward. So I think that's just life in the NFL.
Speaker 2: But who makes you a little more I don't want to say nervous, but a little more aware of where he is when you go to the line of scrimmage. Is there one player that stands out more than anybody else.
Speaker 10: Chris Jones, because there's not a lot of guys after Aaron Donald retired, there's not a ton of interior guys that can cause as much disruption as he can. And he's fast, he's athletic, he gets back there fast. They move him all around. They play him at end, they play him inside, they play him left right. He just kind of depends on what offensive lineman he wants to rush against.
Speaker 3: Who had a better defense? The Eagles are the Chiefs.
Speaker 10: That's tough to say. That would say they were. They were both difficult to go against. The Chiefs are always on third down, they're always tough. Third defensive coordinator is so good you you never really know where the pressure is coming from.
Speaker 2: But explain that, though you know something's happening, you go to the line of scrimmage, you're trying to figure out what it is and where's it coming from.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they'll put two guys up there, and then in the line of scrimmage, they'll have a linebacker either in the A gap or the B gap, and then another linebacker in the other B gap, and then they could bring the corner and that linebacker to the right, or they could bring the nickel and that linebacker to the left, and you kind of just have to guess and and feel their demeanor and see if they're gonna if you think they're gonna bail, if you think they're gonna come, because they could bring it both sides.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is the tell? Like you're looking for somebody if they're leaning a little bit or.
Speaker 10: Yeah wait wait on a on a foot eyes communication a lot of times can give it away.
Speaker 2: Uh, but they I would say they make it the hardest. Take me to the line of scrimmage. You're going to change the play. So you're there, you see the defense, and then you know now you're gonna go. Okay, this is what I think.
Speaker 3: You have two plays when you go to line of scrimmage.
Speaker 10: Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. Usually on third down you do because you you know you have tendencies based on the down and distance.
Speaker 3: Give me a real audible, I'll give.
Speaker 10: You a shorter one. Uh trips right eighteen straight can nineteen wash.
Speaker 3: So you're just gonna throw it up to Jamar Chase.
Speaker 10: That was a run. That was a run play. But oh, I can always just go easy easy.
Speaker 2: Jamar is over there. One on one so easy. Easy is Jamar here?
Speaker 3: It comes?
Speaker 10: Yeah, there you go?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: How often have you thought back to that final play of the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Not for a while.
Speaker 10: We brought it up.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrows won a Heisman Trophy joining us here. But I thought, if you if and doesn't get you scores a.
Speaker 10: Touchdown, Yeah, I think so. I would have had to wait a little bit longer because the safety was cheated off the hash a little bit to Jamar's side, because we had already thrown a go route early in the game in that same look to Jamar on the go on the other side, going the other way on that field, and so the safety was smart. He'd started cheating over that way. So I had to try to look him off. And you know, by the time I was gonna come back to it, didn't have didn't have that time.
Speaker 3: Aaron got on you quickly.
Speaker 10: He got on you quick. Yeah, he would do that.
Speaker 2: There's there's very few players like him. And when he came out of college, nobody really knew anything about Aaron Donald.
Speaker 3: You know, what's six feet talls.
Speaker 10: Not as big as you expect him to be, but boy was he strong and fast. He would get back there so fast.
Speaker 3: All right, let me hear the plug here.
Speaker 2: Let's see if you can give me your best Peyton Manning FedEx Aaron Ground NFL Player of the Year awards to Let's hear how it.
Speaker 10: Sounds my Peyton Manning.
Speaker 2: No the way you you know, Peyton's always selling everything, so just you know, salesman here.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, promoting stuff here.
Speaker 6: I won.
Speaker 10: I won the Air and Ground Player of the Year in twenty twenty two, so that was exciting. To have two of those. Would be fun now that they have non quarterbacks involved. I think it would be pretty cool for me and me and Jamar to win it together. So I think that would be a cool You have a vote, No, I don't get I don't get it. It's not like a high It's not like the Heisman where the post winners get a vote. Who did you vote for for the Heisman? Did I vote for Travis Hunt? I voted for Travis Hunt?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, where's your Heisman?
Speaker 10: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 11: Why.
Speaker 10: I just had too many things going on, okay, crazy people? Yeah right, okay, I don't need people knowing where I keep things.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, my bad, I know that you went through tough time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you get things back to be determined? Okay, yeah, we've seen that with a bunch of athletes around the country.
Speaker 10: Though, So yeah, crazy times out here.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah. And my hometown, by the way, where's that Cincinnati?
Speaker 10: I didn't know that. Yeah, that's cool. From what high school?
Speaker 11: Did you go to?
Speaker 3: Mason? Oh?
Speaker 10: Nice?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you saw the statue when.
Speaker 10: I think it's twenty feet tall?
Speaker 3: Now they keep it. Do you care who wins Super Bowl Sunday?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: Not really.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna watch?
Speaker 10: I'll watch the second half probably, Okay, I'll be flying back.
Speaker 3: Okay before that. But you have a party?
Speaker 10: No, I won't to have a party. Maybe you have somebody over for the second half. No, there's not a lot of people in Cincinnati right now.
Speaker 2: Well, you can make friends, can't you don't you have regular friend I'm make friends?
Speaker 3: It's the uh are you sorry? You came on? You know? Do we need to try this again next year?
Speaker 10: Where I'm kind of some fun. I got up a little bit here.
Speaker 2: Come on, I made you uncomfortable in the pocket, and I was rooting for you to make the playoffs there I think everybody was the twenty second annual FedEx Air and Ground NFL Player of the Year Awards, and you are nominee.
Speaker 3: So they're going to announce this later tonight at NFL Honors.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think it'll be great.
Speaker 3: All right, it's great, see you. Thanks for joining us, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search f s R to listen live.
Speaker 3: He joins us every Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: He's the Hall of Famer, two times Super Bowl champ, head coach of the Buffalo's Dion Sanders back.
Speaker 3: Here in the man k.
Speaker 2: And we all made the mistake of what he was going to be wearing. We went jeans on jeans. There suit it though, but but no no track suit?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: All right, gotta you gotta whistle there.
Speaker 11: I'm a coach, So.
Speaker 3: Are you going to use the whistle during this interview?
Speaker 11: Anything?
Speaker 3: Okay? Fair enough? How many pairs of shoes do you want?
Speaker 11: I haven't taken inventory in quite some time, but it's it's a lot like Jordan's or I'm not a Jordan guy. I'm a prime guy. You know, not got my own shoes.
Speaker 3: Did you ever own? Did you ever own?
Speaker 11: Jordan's Maybe a parasol, but I love Mike. Mike is my guy. It's kind of different when you know Jordan, you know, like you know of it. It's a little different. I like, I like what I like. I'm not a big sneaker everyday guy, but when I do wear tennis shoes mostly were my own.
Speaker 3: What do you take away from Jordan's like everything?
Speaker 11: He's the greatest, He's the goat, He's a character, class, work, ethic.
Speaker 3: Nothing Lebron could do.
Speaker 11: I'm not gonna put another brother down, but liting another, I'm not doing that. We don't do that now. Both of those guys are black excellence to me. Both of those guys are on different mountains and they've they've reached their les differently, but certainly they they have reached it. We could compare everybody to them, but not them against one another. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: If I had you in your prime against Travis Hunter now.
Speaker 11: Right, Travis bad Boy, I'm not putting Travis down. Travis bad Boy, there's like another sign to me, Travis is a generational type of young man that we may never ever see again. The reason we may never ever see him again because coaches won't allow it because they can't fathom what they can't do themselves. I did it at an extreme level, so I was able to guide him and lead him and allow him to do it without the risk of jealousy, a envy, or hatred from his teammates. Travis is unbelievable. Travis is the best player in this draft by far.
Speaker 3: Match your challenge his talents.
Speaker 11: Match man' I'm that old coach in the corner of the ring that bot and coach said left right, left right. You got it. That's it. I'm not matching nothing. I'm trying to help him exceed anything I would ever fathohim, not only on the field, but off the field as well.
Speaker 3: How would you use him if you're an NFL cause.
Speaker 11: I've already showed him how to use him. Why would they defer?
Speaker 3: I don't you know.
Speaker 2: We've talked to people who've played, you know, either defensive back or wide receiver saying you have to go.
Speaker 3: To these meetings. Come on, man, I'm just going by what they tell me.
Speaker 11: When is the last time you heard a football player say, boy, that meeting really.
Speaker 2: Helped me, No, but you have they require you to be at certain places.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I was there for fourteen years. I know the drills. Travis has never been mistaken for an idiot on the football field. He's very intelligent, very intelligent on the field and off the field. I had a four point old GPA, let's get that straight. So he's a smart young man. He will be prepared for whatever you place in front of him. Generational, loves the game, don't party, don't smoke, don't drink. Kind of secludes himself, kind of an introvert is if you should say, but he can play some during.
Speaker 3: Football, but full time dB, full time wide receiver.
Speaker 11: Why not you play an NFL game. It's much slower than the college game. The college game is no huddle, is tempo. We plays that the players are the players that the plays. The pro game is so durned slow. You go into the huddle, you take your time, you call another play. Not only that, you can't touch them, you can't hit him in the secondary. So the risk of being injured is not as such as the college football game. The pro games protects you even more. I think what he does should TRANDSND to the next level. He's already shown them what he could. He's capable of doing. The reason they're saying he can't do both because they never found them to do both.
Speaker 2: He's deon Sanders. Why does the media want you to coach in the NFL.
Speaker 11: I'm not gonna say the media. The media is uh. Some people are very kind. Some people do clickbait. So when you mention my name, that's gonna warrant an opinion. You're not gonna mention my name and not have an opinion. If you say anything and mention me, you're gonna have an opinion. I'm not the kind of guy that's idle that you have nothing to say. When I walked in, you had an opinion. So that's just the thought that we provoke. So it's not the media. I just think when you look at me, you're based with an opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think the media it allows them. You know, when you talk to Jerry Jones, there was wishful reporting. I think that was attached.
Speaker 11: To Jerry is a magnetic man. Just us sitting down hugging each other. He said, right behind me the honors last night, and his beautiful wife. But just he's magnetic. If we talking Hug is gonna be a story. Whatever Jerry does is gonna be a story. Jerry is the only owner in the NFL that consistently makes you feel as though his team has a chance to win a Super Bowl every year and you have an opinion about it. What other owner has that that authenticity and that that that attraction. Nobody. Jerry's wonderful kind man, and I love him.
Speaker 3: If he had asked you to interview with the job.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't have to interview. My interview is being played. Why would I have the interview?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 11: Can you coach you? You can't. You can watch that. You can see that I'm pretty durn good at what I do. I don't have to interview. You just have to come and this is my staff. This will be my staff. Who do you want me to hold over? Okay, here we go. Know what we're gonna do. And but I'm more I'm more involved. I'm not gonna just let you build it for me. I need to build it. We need to build it together so so that I could make it certain I had a hand in our success, certainly not our fil.
Speaker 3: Did you want to be asked to coach the Cowboys?
Speaker 11: I love the college football game. I'm built for the college football game at this point in my life, and I'm not doing nothing at that next level with doubt my sons. Everybody know that. Why would I do that? Why would I go coach against my son? Who wants to do that? Who signs up for that? Hey, I want to go coach against my son? What idiot does that? No, if that was gonna happen, that would be one of the continguencies.
Speaker 3: So if you could coach, okay, So that's the only way, if you can.
Speaker 11: So I've it's always what I've always said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is it. How do you prepare for the draft with your son?
Speaker 11: He's I prepare him. I prepare them for the draft. He and shalloh. I prepare them with the thought process, the language understanding, the room understanding. This is what this team has, this is what the questions that you may want to warrant. But I prepare them as men for the moment, because we're gonna get that moment. The reason you sit up here is because you've been maximizing your moments for how many years now forty forty years. That's why you're hear because of the moment. So and these guys are all assisting you because they understand how to handle their moments. So I prepare my kids for the moment. So when you ask them a question that you're not gonna catch them off card. You're not gonna catch them in a vicarious situation because I prepared them for that moment. And I think that's the job.
Speaker 3: Of a father. As a father. Are their teams you'd prefer he didn't play for?
Speaker 11: There's a lot of teams I prefer any. It's just like I said, aren't there teams that you don't want to watch.
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 11: You hit the remney? You just hit the clicker like that, you nern skippy. You're right, it's teams I didn't want to play for, So why wouldn't I want my kids?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 11: Come on, man, I'm a dad. I'm a real dad that has a lot of information of about the NFL. I know some folks who know some folks who know some folks in the NFL, and I know what's behind the curtains. So definitely I'm gonna lead them in the right direction.
Speaker 3: But how do you how do you navigate that?
Speaker 11: I would meet with them behind the door, closed doors. I would not call them out. I would not put them on front street and talk about their organization because people work too hard to make it right. Instead of a guy like me ignorantly saying something wrong, I would meet with them privately and talk about my concerns so we could have an understanding.
Speaker 3: Has that happened already?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: How many teams?
Speaker 6: Few?
Speaker 11: I just want to know. I just want to know why. If you don't get your wise answer, you're gonna always be curious to life. I like to get my wives uh answered, because this is my guy. I mean, these are my kids. This ain't just a homie a friend. These are my kids.
Speaker 3: Who does Shador remind you of his dad?
Speaker 11: He reminds me and me and a lot of ways. He he he. He's the son that has always been there. Like what I mean by that is like Bucky, my oldest son. He lived with his mother. His mother for a period of time. I was always fathering him, but he didn't stay in the house for a period of time because of separation and divorce. But I want custody of my second set of kids, my second three. But Shador never ventured out he he. He didn't get mad to get upset and run to mommy and and whatever that would would be. Shador has always consistently been there.
Speaker 2: But just he's been with you. You mean yeah, okay, Yeah, that's what i'd mean by there. I admired his toughness.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh. He hung in the pocket, but he's not elusive like you.
Speaker 11: He we don't want their speed. Yeah, but if he was, he was running the ball profusely, you will criticize that. He's a drop back past it. He's a preer, pure pocket picker.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't criticize it because we look at Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 11: Only it's only Lamar won Lamar and Lamar didn't win an MVP Award that he should have won last night. So there's always going to be criticism when your gift is exemplified tremendously.
Speaker 3: But Josh Allen runs, Yeah.
Speaker 11: But you don't criticize him for running. You've never criticized him for running. You've criticized Lamar for running. That's a great analogy. I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 2: No, I've criticized Josh Allen because he didn't take care of the football.
Speaker 11: No, A lot of people have.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean, I can only speak for me. You're speaking in generalities, I Lamar Jackson I thought was gonna win the m v P, thank you. I thought he was going to win the idea too. Josh Allen is taking care of the football this year better, and I thought that was the Lamark.
Speaker 11: No, okay, both guys are tremendous. We can't put Josh down and lift Lamar up. But that MVP trophy I thought was Lamar.
Speaker 3: I would have given it to Saque Barklay.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Lamar, well, because he's here. Would you have given it to him if he wasn't here?
Speaker 3: He ran for two thousand yards, he changed their offense.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but that has been done before, Yeah, multitude of times.
Speaker 3: We're never going to have an MVP be a running back.
Speaker 11: But Lamar, what he did. I forget his statistics, but his turnover was when he had three interceptions or something four interceptions in what eighteen nineteen games. It's crazy, that's absurd. Like what he's doing is what everybody said he couldn't do, and he did it to another level and it still wasn't glorified.
Speaker 3: What if we had the MVP handed out at the end of the year.
Speaker 11: That's what it should be handed out. That's when all awards should be handed out when the body at work is done.
Speaker 2: So then it's either Mahomes or Saquon Barkley who probably would win the MVP.
Speaker 11: Now it's because they have the lasting impression. That doesn't mean that they're the MVP.
Speaker 3: But that isn't value winning championships.
Speaker 11: Yes, but it's not singlely value that don't make you better because your team is there, you have a better team. It's some guys that could flat out play, but if you put them on a different team, they're wonderful. Example cam Ward, cam Ward and is your door? Are best of friends? Cam Ward? Last year he probably would have been on a third fourth round draft pick. He goes to Miami. Now he's arguably the first pick.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 11: What changed? Was the scout's wrong or did he go to a better team and get in a better situation or was the scout's wrong?
Speaker 3: Probably both.
Speaker 11: So let's say they're wrong. They misdiagnosed him, they misrepresented him, they treated him unfairly. And I love where he is right now, I flat I love it because it make him all look like a fool because last year, you can't tell me this wasn't the same guy, that's the same camp that I knew, that's the same camp, is doing his thing. He just has a different uniform on. And I love it.
Speaker 3: If you could change one thing about college football right now.
Speaker 11: It has to be more structure in regards to what was supposed to what was supposedly in IL. It's not in IL. It's collective, it's pay per view. So if I could change something, that would have to be structuring guidelines for these kids. It would be a mimic of the NFL when when rookies come in, this is what you could get, this is the maximum. It would be like that for high school kids. Then the college kids that have already proven themselves would be more would have more value. We got to have some type of structure. If not, you're going to see the same teams that's exhausted themselves financially, and the collectives go to the playoffs. Every year. You may see two surprises like Arizona State, who played phenomenal, and a couple of other teams, but mostly was it Boise State. It played phenomenally, but you know, you get knocked out. So if it's not, even if I can't give you what the other team can give you a pay you it's not evening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if we get to the pro model eventually, where maybe we take the top fifty schools.
Speaker 3: And then we kind of divide them into regions, and that's.
Speaker 11: Gonna happen eventually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think it's.
Speaker 11: Going And in most schools, probably gonna break away from football. Is probably gonna break away from the other sports. It's probably gonna be football. Then the other sports have their own ad and it's probably gonna roll like that.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're here. It's almonds. It's almonds, and I love it. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't just endorse the product to endorse the product. I endorse the product because I believe in it, like you know, being healthy, being fit. You know, I don't have a belt loop. You see, my pants don't have bet loops. I gotta stay lean and mean, so almost keeps me right there. Weight wise. My skin is pretty Look at that close up coming close up on me. This win what skin is looking good?
Speaker 3: Once you're playing weight and I supposed where you are now.
Speaker 11: I probably was anywhere from one eighty five to two eight right now, I'm probably two o fo leg lightly bo back to my almonds.
Speaker 3: Right here we go.
Speaker 11: I love California almonds. I love everything about it. They're a healthy snack because I'm a I'm a fit guy, so I'm a health conscious type of guy. And when I'm starving and when I'm hungry or something, just to have something, instead of stopping at a fast food place or whatever to grab something, I'm able to pop my almas.
Speaker 2: In almonds dot com. Which team will be serving your son almonds in the.
Speaker 11: That's good, That's good. I don't, I don't, I don't know. I think he's gonna go. I don't think. I know he's gonna go anywhere from from one to three. I think at the latest and uh last year, leading up to last season, I said that he and Travis probably gonna be one and two or something like that. But it's probably gonna be two and three or one and two, one and three. It's gonna be one of the other. But I'm excited. He's the only quarterback that has had I think seven coordinators. He's the only quarterback that that has uh played every game, started every game in high school as well as college except one. He's the only quarterback that you hint bragging boast of a running game on an offensive line that has tremendously uh protected him. He had to do what he had to do. He's the only quarterback that stands and delivers each and don't fault anyone.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 11: I love what this kid is about. He's training right now, he's on the field right now, working out.
Speaker 2: It's Almonds dot Com. Own your Prime's.
Speaker 11: Right, it's right. We're in our prime. We got to own your prime. And you got to be healthy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 11: You guys gotta think healthy, eat healthy, live healthy. And you guys look good most of you. Who doesn't, well, it's obvious. I think it's obvious.
Speaker 3: Oh, Marvin's got his shades on over there.
Speaker 11: You look good to man, appreciate it. But I'm glad. I'm glad you're included. I'm glad inclusiveness that I see.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 11: I like that's right. I like the black thing. I appreciate you Dan for that. DP didn't need the ruoney room. Yeah yeah, no, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah no.
Speaker 3: I already had him, he was hired. He was already in the building.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but you you made sure he was in.
Speaker 3: The day elevated.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I commoted you should have.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If he hadn't seen you, work Mark, Maybe get some almonds here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Does the body good? Does the skin good too?
Speaker 3: Did you see the tragger girls out there?
Speaker 11: Let me tell you something, man, you're the best gift giver in the game.
Speaker 3: No, you're really upgrade.
Speaker 11: No, you're you're you're good.
Speaker 3: No, but you need an upgrade always.
Speaker 11: Who's gonna say no to a tragger?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 11: Who's gonna say no? Like you? You got it straight. And in my on my estate in Texas, they're prominent. Tragger is prominent there.
Speaker 10: It's great to see, great to see.
Speaker 11: I love you, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for stopping.
Speaker 11: Make sure you talk positively about the Sanders boys. Okay, I appreciate that. I will thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: All Right, Jon Sanders will take a break. Play of the Day coming up now.