Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcastle make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Buck Brief. RFK Junior officially.
Speaker 1: Endorses Donald Trump. So this is a big move an election that's going to be as tight as I think the Harris Trump election is likely to end up being.
Speaker 2: This makes.
Speaker 1: Me feel a little bit stronger about Trump's position. I still feel very good overall that Trump will end up winning. And here, oh well, there she is.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: We got a little ginger appearance because it's a fun time in the podcast. Eitherre she goes, She's very cute, she's a very pretty girl. Okay later, she's an Australian labradoodle. She came running into the studio as soon as I started recording. Anyway, RFK Junior's endorsement is a good thing for Trump, that's for sure. But I want to assess it a little bit. I think there's a little more to it than what we've seen so far. First of all, his speech on the Democrat media being completely dishonest and big corporations, big pharma, all of that being a huge problem.
Speaker 2: I mean, I agree.
Speaker 1: I thought that his speech laying out the problems of America right now was powerful and very accurate, very incisive. So that was the best part of it for me. I also think that when you have a lifelong Democrat who comes from a Democrat dynasty and is somebody who you would assume would carry that torch forever, when he is making a decision to switch and to support a Republican, in this case, Donald Trump, that seems noteworthy to me. It's especially noteworthy because Trump is supposed to be this unique evil, this monster, this threat to the constitution and our democracy and all this other stuff. But notice that when somebody who is a third party candidate and not a Republican party guy, and who's able to get five to ten percent of the vote depending when somebody in that situation goes for Donald Trump, doesn't it poke a pretty big hole in the Trump is the biggest threat imaginable to our republic or to our democracy or whatever they want to say. You know, it's not just somebody who comes from within the Democrat ranks or within the Republican ranks and stays on their team. The only person who can say I've had a major crossover endorsement Donald Trump. There's a major Republican crossover endorsement of the same scale as an RFK junior. People say, oh, what about in the name of some Republican.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about.
Speaker 1: No one's thought about in twenty years, and certainly not a Republican who has ten percent of the vote that he can drop on or five percent or whatever it is. So I do think it's significant in that sense. Is it likely to change the trajectory of the election. Well, let's talk about that here in just a second. You know, I want to keep you informed. One of the ways I do it is here with the Buck Brief. But also I like to write, and so I've launched an EAT newsletter and it's a deep dive into politics, national security, and yes, the economy and the markets. I've partnered with Brad Thomas of Why Remote Research to that end. So Brad is the econ brains of things and I'm the politics and national security side. We're putting out this weekly newsletter. It's an email that's free, so you don't have to pay anything for this email.
Speaker 2: I just hope you will sign up.
Speaker 1: It's once a week and we try to have really excellent content pulled together for you, not that long, easy to digest, just analysis that I think you'll want to read. So all you can do is go sign up, go to the earth Urgent Message dot com. The website to sign up for my weekly e newsletter is the Urgent Message dot Com. I think we'll find it really helpful and it may also be able to help you really profit in the stock market and from economic trends.
Speaker 2: It's where Brad Thomas comes in.
Speaker 1: The Urgent Message dot Com Again, the Urgent Message dot Com is the website. Do I think that this will the RFK endorsement? Will it be able to change the battlefield for Trump politically? It's certainly going to help. It was going to hurt him. And some of you might have noticed that I was a little bit hostile to RFK staying in the race up to this point, and yeah, that's because I want Trump to win and he was hurting Trump and people who disagree with me on that. Well, RFK Junior himself realized, no, I'm hurting Trump by staying in. He was not drawing more Democrat voters. The Democrats are far more likely to just be party androids. You know they're they're like a robot program. They just vote Democrat, vote Democrat. So it was not surprising at all when RFK Junior came out, not surprising to me at least and said, I realize I'm taking more votes from Trump and that's not a good idea. But I'm gonna tell you there's another part of this for me, and this is perhaps where people are gonna disagree with me a bit. I could I thought he could have given a much more full throated endorsement. I thought he could have seemed a little more enthusiastic about supporting Trump.
Speaker 2: It struck me as.
Speaker 1: First off, he said that he's staying in in case there's a contingent election and then maybe he could still win, like he could still be president. That just strikes me as crazy person talk. It's gonna be honest with you, it strikes me as weird. I mean, yeah, I know theoretically that's possible, but you know, you could also say, like one of these candidates has a stroke, and you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It was a little weird.
Speaker 1: It was a weird thing to say, Okay, And I understand for the RFK Junior fans out there and there's some very big fans.
Speaker 2: They'll say, oh, well, what does it matter, he's endorsed Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, he kind of endorsed him cause he's like, well Trump is he really endorsed him as the lesser of two evils. In my mind, I mean, that's maybe too strong. I think he sees some good in what Trump is trying to do and accomplish, but there was a lack of enthusiasm if you're being honest about this, and there was a sense with RFK Junior I think that he still wants to be in the mix for the big job that I think is not really all that helpful. I felt very much like it was a little the way this was structured was a little self serving. People are gonna say, oh, he's done this great thing because he's gone behind tre He has done the right thing. So I praise him in so far as he's made the right move. I also think there was nothing in it for him to stay in except possibly be a spoiler and let Kamala Harris win. And that's I mean, any sane person should know that that's a horrible, horrible thing for the country. So he did the right thing. I want to see if he goes out and really now pushes for Trump or if he just because he said this thing too. If he's staying on the ballot in Democrat and Republican states but in swing states he wants to, he'll be off the ballot, and there's this why stay on the ballot and the other ones like what's the you know, it was a little strange to me, and I'm sure people are going to say that there's all these answers to this, but I understand to run in politics at this level, you have to have a more than just a healthy ego just saying and to me, RFK Junior crossed over into this territory during the endorsement of Trump that it was still really all just about RFK Junior and not really about an endorsement of Donald Trump. He at one point everybody was writing and I watched it live. I watched the whole thing live. At one point everybody was writing, oh, he's endorsed Trump, and I was like, I mean, I know, I say I heard him say it, but there was not It wasn't like he built to some moment he was like, that's why, you know, I think Trump is the guy and I'm so enthused. You know, it was like, well, you know, Commin was horrible. So yeah, obviously I'm going to be supporting Trump, and I think people should do that too.
Speaker 2: Am I the only one who saw it this way?
Speaker 1: I don't know, And I'm telling you, I'm a Trump guy, so I'm sensitive to Hey, Okay, I'm glad that you're trying to help, but you know, you could have helped a little more. I think, and I also believe that some of rfk's followed RFK juniors followers might go Democrat. Anyway he might have got he might have picked up some Trump haters along line, so that that doesn't change, you know, his calculation about going for Trump. It just means that I don't know how much will be a bump for Trump. Look, it's a good thing. RFKA Junior made the right decision. And it seems like he's not quite a Republican but kind of Republican adjacent these days in some ways, so we'll take it. I mean, I think of someone like Tulsey Gabbart, I mean, she doesn't I don't know if she even says he's a Republican out she's basically a Republican. So if he's on that pathway, great, you know, we want converts.
Speaker 2: But is he a convert? Is he still a liberal on some things that are important? You know?
Speaker 1: I just and I'm somebody who finds COVID to be really the most important governance issue of the last really my whole life, honestly, and the failures of the government and a lie is the government told on COVID and the cowardice of whether it's the CDC or Big Farmer or the media or the Democrat Party and even a lot of the Republican Party. I'll never forgive and I'll never forget that. And RFK Junior was certainly good on that issue and understand the outrage of the forced vaccinate.
Speaker 2: So I'm with him on all of that. But what else am I with him on? Or what else does he I don't really know.
Speaker 1: And I think it's not that I don't read about everything that's being said and done in politics. It's that, you know, I'm not sure RFK Junior really knows him. He wants the war in Ukraine to end, good, me too. There's some crossover. I think he realizes the wide open border is bad good I mean he's pro choice, very pro choice, a vowedly pro choice all nine months of her pregnancy.
Speaker 2: So there's that. I mean, you know, that's not good.
Speaker 1: But anyway, overall, very happy that he endorsed and it was the right move. And you know, welcome to the party or RFK Junior. Well, I guess he's not the Republican Party, but I meant that in my like John McClain die hardway like, welcome to the party. Pal switching gears here for a second, events in Israel or fluid Israeli citizens continue to be on hire alert more than normal for a possible attack from forces backed by Iran. There's a good reason to be prepared for what comes next. The event of an attack, for one hot force or another, Israelis across the country could be forced to spend days in bomb shelters. Well, how do you keep these bomb shelters stocked with water and food and other necessary survival items. This is where the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is most helpful. The Fellowship has initiated a project to provide people with access to bomb shelters with emergency food boxes. Ten thousand of these food boxes have been delivered. And they're preparing to deliver thousands more. If you can support the Fellowship's efforts, Now is the time donate forty five dollars to help provide an emergency food box that includes items like food, water, baby formula, and other critical essentials for vulnerable Israelis trapped in bomb shelters. The website for this is SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. That support IFCJ dot org. All right, everybody, I'm signing off for this week of the Buck Brief. I'm gonna be on vacation next week, but lots more interviews and monos, monologues and other good stuff coming right after Labor Day.
Speaker 2: I will talk to you then. Shield Time